NATION

PASSWORD

Mount and Blade Our Story [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Mount and Blade Our Story [IC]

Postby Revlona » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:52 pm

The land of calradia is split. Six kingdoms constantly at war with eachother over scraps.

You have come to these lands for one reason or the other.

All you have to do in this land to thrive is kill, but that were the hard part comes in, because your enemies are trying to kill you to.

———————
Welcome all to Mount and Blade Our Story.

This is a simply put RP, it’s Mount and Blade, but multiplayer!

I will be taking the role of the scenario maker, constantly giving you new challenges and events, how you handle these challenges is completely up to you.

You may band together with the other players under one faction, or you may all choose your own leaders and fight for them.

Others may wish to carve themselves a small area that they can call there own.

It’s all up to you!!!!

———————
-How this works-
You, the player will decide on what your actions will be, based on everything I will randomly throw challenges at you as you progress (Looter band, ambush, etc).

You might also get events from character (lord requests you for a task, offer of vassalage)

How you respond to these challenges and events is completely up to you, and I will rule how successful your actions are based on what exactly you did.

While in fights, you do not have to wait for me to resolve lesser things, if you wish to kill several enemies during a post, you may do so, but wounding a enemy leader in a man to man duel will be between you and me.

Raid a village with skilled warriors? All good! But the plunder you get will be based on the towns wealth and a quick roll of the dice.

Fight a pitched battle? Just TG me your tactics and I’ll take into account your troops and the enemies and tell you the results! Then you can RP it out to that outcome!

Characters can die
Lover of doggos

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:45 am

Rhaviel Charrin
The Grey Raven

The fairly tall Rhodok man stood on a step within the great city of Veluca. The great walls that kept the city protected and had halted intruders and invaders for centuries stood in front of him as he gazed at the rolling plains and up to the cold mountains, all part of the terrain that made up the Rhodok homeland, a mountainous place full of hardy people, perhaps never going to be adept at riding horses, or at the noble art of swordfighting, but what made one person weak in one land could make them strong in another - a land where the spear was king, and the crossbow pierced enemy hearts.

Of course, who the 'enemy' was changed definition from person to person, whoever you'd meet. Some had such a desire to follow their liege lord that they'd follow his campaigns wherever they would go. This, of course, created enemies more than friends, created animosities rather than collaborations. Still others had a hate of particular groups. The Sarranids, Khergits, heck, even the Vaegirs were sometimes considered as 'other', especially within the imperious Swadia and the isolated Rhodok lands. But these were the enemies of noblemen and rulers, not the common people. The enemies of the common people were all who wished to cause them harm - bandits, looters, deserters, and, yes, even the nobles who ruled on thrones and who presided over castles and towns, whenever they put their own ambitions above the lives of their people.

Rhaviel needed to leave the town, at the very least to begin his protection of the lands and the people around Rhodok country. But first, he needed to speak to the people, to reason with them. He needed to tell them his aim and his plight, and hopefully, some would join him.

"My dear friends, all. Gather around. I must speak to you all now, to tell you the truth of our lot in life, and to offer a better way."

A small group of people stopped to look at him, but the majority simply walked by. Rhaviel knew that he needed to talk persuasively, as he was not going to win any hearts and minds simply by asking for soldiers.

"I must tell you the truth that everyone knows, from the soldier to the deserter, from the bandit to the King. That is that we, the peasantry of Calradia, are undefended. We are not protected. We are gifted with a life which is hard enough without opportunists coming to take things from us. The nobles demand tribute, by coin or by men, and we give it to them without question. And in return, if the weather is fair enough and our homes are close enough to theirs, the nobles saunter to our aid, sometimes taking time off to feast or to dance, not caring about our wellbeing. For these simplest of things - protection of life, freedom from oppression - they send us away to other countries and force us to fight others in our same position."

By this point, some of what he had said was beginning to be heard by the populace. Some of them were nodding, others simply stood confused, but most of those who had been walking past now stopped.

"My friends, it is clear to me that when the nobles are not there, when the captains and generals are away, there needs to be a group who can fight, who can defend our homes and families, and who will not send us away to fight on far-off soils, but will stay and defend us through thick and thin, and will empower villages in turn. For the nobles simply do not care enough, and the looters don't let up enough."

A naysayer from the crowd piped up, "What treason is this? You speak of our King like some common thief! Why, the guards should have you arrested on the spot."

Indeed, a small group of guards had begun to look at Rhaviel with narrow eyes and snarls upon their faces. Rhaviel smiled, looking down at the ground from his steps before looking up again, "I do make my opinion of the nobility clear, it is true. And I do have very vitriolic speech in many ways. But in reality, for as long as the noble classes do not oppress the people, there is no reason why we must come into conflict," he looked over at the guardsmen, "We would look after the villages, keeping them safe from the ground up, from threats that arise outside of the realm of nobles, wars and major conflicts, freeing the dogs of war to fight wherever their master sends them. Mutually beneficial for all involved, for the peasantry, finally with committed defenders, for the nobility, finally free to war away from their homes, and for us, ever the loyal servants of our families and homes, free to help others and gain their love in return. Join me, brothers and sisters, and together, we can make a better life for all around us."

The throng died down somewhat, individuals thinking about joining Rhaviel's quest for a better life, and some simply not caring enough to bother with even taking it seriously. But one thing was certain - Rhaviel Charrin had made his first impact into the hearts and minds of the Calradian peasantry.

ACTIONS:
Recruited from Veluca
Last edited by Tasuirin on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:37 pm

Kwynn, Kingdom of the Nords
Nick Alder sat at the wooden table in the tiny local tavern. In his hand he held mug of ale, half empty, that he had bought with the little bit of money he had left after purchasing his equipment. Across the table from his was the local merchant he was talking to. They had met that day after he and his wares came through the town on his way to Sargoth, the Nord capital. Bandits had apparently been following him for a few days, and right now, he's regretting not hiring some mercenaries to accompany him to the city. So, with Nick in need of some money, he offered to help him out. Once the merchant accepted, they spent the past half hour or so hashing out some terms to the deal.

"So it's agreed then," the merchant said, standing up and offering his hand, "You get a few more men to help you out, and I pay you all forty denars each. So long as I and my wares get to Sargoth safely, that is." Nick stood and took the man's offered hand and shook it, "It's a deal. I'll try and have some fellows ready to met at the entrance to town." With that, the two men parted ways, the merchant heading up to his room and Nick heading outside to find some adventure seekers.

Nick spent the next few hours asking around town. He went through the main part of the village, speaking to people he thought would be interested in accompanying him on his journey for the agreed amount price. He also spoke to people he thought would either know someone who would accept or who would be willing to spread the word around that a small band was forming. Nick made it known how much would be made and that the work wasn't particularly dangerous, nothing a few brave and armed men wouldn't be able to handle. He also let the location of where to meet tomorrow be known, so anyone willing to take up arms with him would be able to find him. By the time night fell, he believed he made a good enough spiel about the offer and was satisfied with how many people he talked to. So, with his task for the day over, he returned to his room in the tavern and laid down in the small uncomfortable bed he had rented, hoping that by tomorrow, he would have the small band he and the merchant were looking for.
Last edited by The Hoosier Alliance on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them
-George Mason
I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.
-George Mason

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:37 pm

Rhaviel Charrin
On Journey

Dhirim was the sight of a great many unusual things, being at the crossroads of much of the known world, so the sight of a man in armor with a handful of Swadian, Nord, and Vaegir recruits was not terribly out of place in the bustling metropolis. Already the Vaegirs were seen to have great skill and well drilled, being mostly made up of hunters facing the ever increasing domain of noble estates and farms, and dwindling game, made for adept archers, the Nords and Swadians seemed less veteran, but still held their own and knew how to work a sword and shield. Overall, an excellent and tight-knit squadron for a man who couldn't afford many horses.

This was soon to change however, when the Merchants of Dhirim hoped to contact their fellow Merchants in a tavern near Suno. A trading of spirits, mostly, and a simple way to ensure a paltry sum of denars, as well as earn the favor of the Guild. It wasn't glamorous work, but if King Harlaus couldn't make a tourney, he was very fond of feasting, and thus, perhaps word of Flynn Ulfricson as a decent guard would gradually climb through the ranks. For now, he was content to save his money whenever he could, and recruit only those he felt he could easily train, or were already trained to train future warriors.

Discussing with his companions, they decided that the hilly terrain would be too dangerous for the delicate cargo, and travelling north via Keledren Castle would be well, a particularly sly Swadian would note that by advertising for the Guild in the village taverns, that perhaps they could get a cut of the profits, seeing as their circuit would hopefully bring about the trade with several villages. A Nord would counter with the fact that such prosperity would bring about highway robbers, of which, their highly armed force would be more than a match, and net another venue of income more inclined to Flynn's martial prowess. As soon as everyone was packed, they made for Suno, taking the route northwards.

ACTIONS:
ACTIONS: Recruit, buy, and sell
CURRENT QUESTS:
Wine Delivery for the Merchants in Suno and Dhirim
Last edited by Danceria on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:20 pm

Azgad, Kingdom of Swadia

A small coastal town, far away from the lands of Nords. It was here that the sea raiders had decided to take from the rich Swadians. Oreg grabbed his shield and axe as he marched with his raiders and his leader, Skaeal Shorstorn. The man was ever hungry for loot and plunder, to come from a long trip to take from the rich Swadians and make enough money to be rich.

Oreg despised the man more than anything, his greed and simple mindedness was going to keep this gang from becoming bigger than it could be. However he done on his medium equipment and get ready to loot and pillage the wealthy village and bring back the loot for coin and such.

Action: Raid the town of Azgad for loot and slaves to sell back to the Nords.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:32 am

News can be heard from the travelers of the land that the Nords and the Veagirs are again at war, there has said to have been a great battle near the village of ismirila, the Nords are said to have crushed the Veagirs and have taken the castle as well.

It was the dead of night when Charrin heard the banging on his door, with naked steel in his hand he opened the door to his tavern room to find several smiling men without.

One of them stepped closer before saying, “Words spread about whatcha said earlier in the yard, and me and my mates wanna join ya, though there’s only 5 of us we are skilled with spear and crossbow.”

Result: Successful in recruiting 5 men

The morning comes and you find yourself with the trader at your prearranged meeting spot. No recruits are in sight. You shrug to the merchant.

As you and the merchant begin walking away, three men come around the corner of one of the houses with shield and sword, you recognize one of them as someone you talked to the day before.

Result: Successful in recruiting 3 Footmen

Somewere between Suno and Dhirim you and your companions find yourselves ambushed.

Arrows come flying in from all directions, felling a dozen of the outer guard hired by the merchants of dhirim.

You spot the forms of near twenty men on both sides of the roads attempting to use the trees as cover.

Result: You and your caravan are ambushed by twenty Forest Bandits

It was near noon when you and your group crested one final hill and the village came into sight.

With a bloodcurdling yell, Shortstorn launched himself into a run towards the village.

The rest of the band following behind at a run.

The villagers, warned by shorstorns yell, fell back to the center, were several grabbed up makeshift weapons and prepared to do battle.

-1 hour later-

The village burned, the smoke wafted towards the sky as the still bodies of villagers and raiders alike sprawled across the village. Several raiders had been done in by arrows before they could get closer. Others were killed in the short and bloody clash of sword.

But in the end the village was slaughtered and the loot taken, Shorstorn claimed the best of it, several rich coats of fur. The meager leftovers were split between the survivors of the raid.

Result: Successful raid, most of the good loot is taken by Shorstorn, you find about 40 coins and a nice new Axe should you decide to keep it
Lover of doggos

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:06 am

Yesugei Orin

He was on the run,

From bounty hunters, to his fellow men, he was once the hunter, now nothing more than some common criminal to be hunted. Of course, there were a few of of his fellows that believed in him, but they were the minority, right now, he and his men were being fired at by his former compatriots as both parties rode hard for the Rhodok-Khergit border. With a heavy heart, he readied his bow, and took an arrow from his quiver, which was located on the back of his saddle. He took aim, and fired at one of his former allies. The poor man was subject to his deadly marksmanship, and the arrow lodged itself in the eye then traveled into the brain, killing the man almost instantaneously.

"Come on!" he shouted as he strung another arrow slowly but carefully, "We are almost to the border! They won't dare to-" he was cut off by an arrow grazing his shoulderpad, piercing the armor but not the skin, said arrow would land near his horse's feet, he responded by firing an arrow that lodged itself right in the head of the one who fired at him, "They won't dare go to Rhodok land! Come on! Faster!" he rallied them. It seemed to be effective, as an hour later would his men know they were in the land of the Rhodoks, as they were no longer being pursued.

"Come on men," he began, panting while wiping the sweat on his forehead off with his right shoulder, "We have to make for Almerra Castle and take refuge there, but we shall rest beforehand, yes.". The men then began riding more slowly towards the west, as to give the horses some respite. They were not unaware however, and kept on guard for any bandits.

Action: Outrun the bounty hunters while doing Parthian Shots, then travel to east of Almerra Castle in the Kingdom of Rhodoks, and rest there.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:48 am

Rhaviel Charrin
The Grey Raven

Rhaviel stood at his door, watching the men in front of him smile and speak their allegiances. Rhaviel in turn smiled, seeing the eagerness of these men to fight. He could see that they had carried with them some rudimentary weapons, though obviously, with experience, training and the esteem of those within villages, the equipment they currently held would only be replaced and improved upon. Rhaviel too had knowledge of similar weapons. The only issue that could arise would be the lack of diversity within the band, but as long as they fought evenly, and in the home terrain, the Grey Raven band would only improve.

"I am glad to see you. The cause of defending the undefended and protecting the unprotected is a noble one, one which, though we are not nobles, makes us greater than they in heart, mind and deed," Rhaviel shook each man's hand, looking them deeply in the eyes as he did so, "And though we are but six men together, our ranks shall grow as others learn, as you have, of the great cause we fight for. You all are most welcomed in the Grey Raven Band. For now, go and sleep. At first light, we move to Chaeza, and there, we shall yet again explain our cause to the villagers, and be assured that they find it just."

For that night, the band slept in Veluca, and as Rhaviel had said, at first light, they moved to Chaeza. It was a short journey, but one which could very easily still bring danger, with mountain bandits and looters who journeyed through the country in search of loot from small bands and entire villages. Along the way, the band hunted for food, as the King surely could not own all of the creatures of the land, and subsisted on what they caught, saving some for a later date, preserving it in salt. Even those who could not catch anything, they demonstrated their skills with crossbow firing to Rhaviel.

ACTIONS:
Left Veluca for Chaeza
Hunted for food (training and sustenance)
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:51 am

Nick Alder, with his three new recruits in tow, followed the merchant out of the village. The merchant brought with him a small cart of goods attached to a mule that sauntered along the road to Sargoth. Nick kept at the front of the group and had the new additions to his band flank the cart on both sides and bring up the rear while keeping an eye out for bandits and the like. Nick used the time to get to know his new warriors a bit better, but mostly just kept his eyes glued to the treeline and everything else. He knew that between Kwynn and Sargoth there was only wilderness, so there would be stops only to rest but other than that they would keep moving unless they were stopped by bandits or the like.

Actions:
Continue on the road to Sargoth.
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
-George Mason
-George Mason

Gorbatov
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gorbatov » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:57 am

Florian Kaulitz

Jelkala, Kingdom of Rhodoks
Knowing that in his quest for vengeance against King Harlaus would be a quite daunting task. Florian needed men to establish his power base, due to the fact that a single knight cannot go against the entire army of the Kingdom of Swadia. In accordance, knowing that the idea of vengeance against King Harlaus is daunting, which would likely avert people in joining Florian's cause; he acknowledges that it is better to go under the preferable guise of being a mercenary company. Thusly, Florian went and stood on the spot in the city square, where the town crier usually exclaims public decrees. "Countrymen of Rhodok, lend me your ears. I seek men who have a sense of adventure, to join my mercenary company.", announced Florian.

Many of the townsfolk and city-guard began to assemble in front of Florian. "What makes so sure that we would join you?", one exclaimed.

"I assure you, comrades, that your services will be paid in due course with loot we will get from battles, and also monetary compensation for your services.", Florian replied.

With the mention of loot and money, many in the crowd began to talk to each other. One cynical villager exclaimed, "This must be just a ploy to form a bandit band. I've known many people who joined so-called "mercenary companies", and all they turned out to be was just bandit gangs."

Florian glanced toward the cynic, "I assure you that this is not such ploy. Being that why would a knight of Rhodok steep so low to resort to banditry?"

With the cynic silenced, Florian concludes his speech, "For those who now seek to join, meet me here at the same time tomorrow."
Actions
Recruited from Jelkala
"The modern revisionists and reactionaries call us Stalinists, thinking that they insult us and, in fact, that is what they have in mind. But, on the contrary, they glorify us with this epithet; it is an honor for us to be Stalinists for while we maintain such a stand the enemy cannot and will never force us to our knees.."
-Enver Hoxha-

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:33 am

Azgad, Kingdom of Swadian

The burning of the village was the sign that the raiders had won, despite suffering quite a number of casualties from the people. Oreg was mad that the number of their band was cut down so easily, but the blame was on Shortstorn not listening to him. Tactics and skill trumps numbers when it comes to raiding and not many have those skills that Oreg had. He was a son of a hunter, he knew what it mean to wait for a moment to strike. Though when it came to Shortstorn, it was like talking to a mule.

He had the mind of an animal, and the ferocity of one. He had the flashiest weapons, screamed and taunt those who raided and kept all the good loot. There were a couple of men who tried to challenge his leadership, only to have a hatchet buried in their skull. Oreg believed that he should try to give it a go, only because Shortstorn is a brutal man who disregards those around him, except Oreg. Even among the simple, brutal life of a raider, some family can grow and Shortson treats Oreg as one of his own somewhat.

This goes back when the raider recruited the boy, one of the few survivors from the bloody night. Even though Oreg is the smallest Nord in the group, he has earned his spot in Shortstorn's bands. However there's been a rivalry between the two, even though they still fight together. Those who have survived and been around know that the short Nord had the strength and the knowledge to lead the band.

This didn't matter as the Nord sea raiders had to leave the burning village, away from the Swadian coast back to their hideout in the Nord Lands.

Action: Get the loot and sail away with the rest of the band to their hideout.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:02 pm

Flynn Ulfricson
In Battle

"Nords! Shield Wall! Team by team! Porcupine!" Flynn would holler to his group, and his lieutenants would bark out orders likewise. The heavily shielded Nord and Swadian Footmen guarded the crest of the hill, using their height advantage over the bandit's cover. Archers kept their cool and fired rapid, small spurts into anything that moved, most of them being trained as hunters of small game. Rather than charging into the woods, Flynn told the infantry to slowly move downhill, but never be afraid to fall back to a higher ground. He could afford to be impatient in one on one battle, and being aggressive, but with the lives of veterans at stake, Flynn erred on the side of caution. It was no decisive victory, causalities being sparse on both sides, but one or two bandits would have been captured while the rest fled downhill into the forest.

"Should we pursue them, Sir Flynn?" a Vaegir Veteran would inquire, "I could take some hunters, Militia, and Swadian Footmen to pursue." "Keep close, and do not venture too far into the forest." Flynn would nod. "Like any good hunter, you must know how to be prey as well as predator. I will keep a bulk of the force with the caravan, and we will make for Decharios Castle nearby, rendezvous with us there. If you see anything, I want the caravan in a safe spot. Hold the bandits for as long as you can, and we'll reinforce."

Flynn could barely afford many horses for his men, which is why he drew upon those more experienced outdoors-men rather than rank and file peasants with nothing but rusty farm equipment. With two squadrons, each divided into a group of archers and infantry. The heavily shielded infantry would escort the archers across to the hill ridge northwest of Dhirim, allowing a vantage point to strike, while the more well rounded melee troops patrolled into the forest itself. After some time, the escorted archers met up with the forest-going group, and ventured towards Flynn near the Castle with their quarry. It was far from a glorious battle, but it bolstered the camaraderie and cohesiveness of Flynn's unit. Weeks of training had paid off, and only the Merchant assigned guards died, the rest merely sustaining some injuries, and though the bandit horde was neither wiped out, a few captives may provide insight to richer pickings in the surrounding areas.

This camaraderie was a double edged sword, having fought and trained together, news of the Nordic Kingdom's attack on the Vaegirs had left some ill at ease. Ismirala was not far from where many of the Vaegir villages were, and Curaw's cheap iron reserves, and the Nordic villages where some of his commanders hailed from were just a river over from the battlefield. In spite of the tension between the two kingdoms, the peasantry were either too far away to care, or had gradually grown to respect one another over the course of battle. Now, there was uncertainty. Neither Nord, nor Vaegir wished to fight any potential kin of the other, and worried voices about their families becoming refugees . Even the most grizzled of old trappers, who posited that the influx of Nordic and Vaegir refugees could be used as new recruits, tugged at Flynn's heartstrings.

"Gentlemen, I am well aware of your family's plights, but right now, we are in no position to afford a group that large." Flynn would begin. "And besides, not many would agree to fighting alongside with the very people they are at war with. I am sorry, but we must seize as much wealth as we can. Feel free to send some of your denars to the refugees, and as soon as I am near Knudarr Castle, I'll see what I can do for you to meet your families again."

"But for now, there are bandits at prowl, bandits that will not only harm our benefactors, but nearby villagers as well. When you fight them, I will ask of you to fight them as if they were attacking your own homes. Not as Nords fighting against Vaegirs, nor as Vaegirs fighting against Nords, but together against a common foe."

This seemed to satisfy the commanders and the soldiers who voiced their concerns. One of them piped up. "Perhaps the Breweries would need some extra hands. Grain may not be optimal to grow in war, but grain's needed for beer. Everybody likes that." "Maybe we'll get a discount." this got a small chuckle around the group, as they camped between the village and the Castle.

ACTIONS:
Tactical Victory - Bandits Retreated (???) Bandits captured.
ACTIONS: Investigate the Village of Tosdhar for Bandit Activity
CURRENT QUESTS:
Wine Delivery for the Merchants
Last edited by Danceria on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:20 pm

1257 CE
Week 2

It seems the Veagirs can only expect bad news from this war. Travelers now tell how King Yargoleck has been captured outside the walls of Curaw, and that the city is now under siege.

When The Last of the bounty hunters are out of sight your men relax and start exchanging smiles. As you start off to Almerra castle, you sense that something isn’t quite right, then suddenly one of your men slips from his saddle and hits the ground with a hard thud.

As you rush to him, you see the blood starting the pool. The first man to reach him looks to you and shakes his head, he was dead. You roll the body over and find the broken shaft of a Khergit arrow in the man lower back. He had kept riding along side you through sheer willpower.

Result: Safely make it away from bounty hunters with only 1 death, reach the castle safely

As your men are hunting, one of them spot several silhouettes in the distance. Fearing the worst he runs off to inform you.

Result: Spotting of a potential ambush

As you make your are making your way to Sargoth, a man approaches you. He is dishelved looking and is carrying an old pitch fork.

“Sirs, a murderer by the name of Born the Bold has killed two of my friends and we seen powerless to stop him. Our small hamlet is on the outskirts of Sargoth, we’d be willing to pay you to bring him to justice.” He said

Result: Safe passage, Order of quest to hunt down a murderer

The next day you walk to the spot were you met the townspeople. You are happy to see several men standing there, with an even mix of crossbows and spears. Some of the men smile at you, while others simply nod.

One walks up to you and says, “We’re trusting you boy, we expect you to deliver on your promises.”

Result: 8 men join you, half Spearmen and half crossbow men

You easily make your way back to your shop and sail away. Though you can feel tension in the air.

Result: Success

During the night, a brawl breaks out between three Veagirs and a Nord, the Nord is stabbed to death. You seen immediately confronted by the rest of the Nords in your band demanding justice for there dead countrymen. They threaten to leave the band should you let the murderers off easy.

Result: 1 Nord murdered and Morale goes down
Lover of doggos

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:43 pm

Nick turned to his followers, giving a small nod indicating his belief they should accept the man's offer. They all nod back, giving their consent. Nick turns back to the villager and says, "We'd be happy to take you up on your offer. We must only take this merchant into Sargoth first. After that, I'd like to recruit some more men. Tell me where we can find this man and we'll happily hunt him down."

After the villager informs Nick of the murderer's location, he leads the group into Sargoth and takes the merchant to his desired location. "Thanks again!" The merchant says with a grin. "Forty denars, just as I promised. Pleasure doing business with you!" The merchant tossed Nick a coin purse with the correct amount of money in it before heading off to sell his wares. As the man walked off, Nick turned to his three followers and said, "Now we'll recruit some men and head out to find this Born the Bold fellow. Let's get to it lads."

ACTIONS:
Completed a quest (40 denars)
Recruited from the city
- Thomas Jefferson
- Thomas Jefferson
-Mark Twain
- Benjamin Franklin
-George Mason
-George Mason

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:54 am

Rhaviel Charrin
The Grey Raven

The man who had seen what looked like an ambush stepped forward. He did indeed seem somewhat concerned with the number of shapes that looked like men who were configured in such a way that an attack, ambush specifically, could be possible. At least, that was what he had reported to Rhaviel. Rhaviel himself, however, was not certain.

"Well, it is obvious that something must be done," Rhaviel stated, stroking his facial hair, "But, of course, we cannot be sure if they are truly bandits. They could even be mercenaries, or royal soldiers. I do not want us all to become outlaws before we even have a chance to defend ourselves."

The men murmured in agreement. The men looked towards Rhaviel, waiting for guidance. Rhaviel looked back. "Any ideas?"

The men were taken aback. Their commander was asking them for strategic advice? Did he not know what to do? Perhaps following him was not such a good idea. One of them piped up.

"Uh... We were... Well, I... I was expecting an order."

Rhaviel shook his head, "It has long been the belief of nobles that they are smarter than us. Stronger than us. Superhuman. Friends, this is a lie. They are normal, some even lesser than us in mind and body. So while the nobles order their armies around, we shall fight together, live together and choose our course of action together. That way, you shall learn strategy, as shall I. So, any ideas?"

One of them piped up, "Well, uh... We know they're camped on a road, an' it's a road to a village. If they're not there to attack peasants, then what are they there for?"

"To kill bandits, idiot," a second spoke, "If they're the King's men, they'd be waiting for a chance to find outlaws themselves. We don't know if they're friends or not. We need to scout 'em out, see whose banners they fly."

"They won't be wearing banners, it's an ambush," the first spoke again, "We'd be lucky if they have anything to identify them by at all. If we simply scout, they might notice us, and then one sixth of our band is gone. Better, perhaps, to attack them anyway."

"If we attack them and they're not bandits, they will tell others of our betrayal and, like the Captain said, we'll be outlaws."

The discussion continued, neither side giving in to the other's points, and each of the other five men joined into the debate. Finally, Rhaviel spoke up.

"Both sides have merits, both have detracting points. There is, however, a point of compromise. If we take either route alone, we risk much," He raised a finger, "But there is a compromise. If we were to scout them from both sides, three men each way, and if they were to notice us before we can ascertain who we are, we attack. Alternatively, if we find that they're no threat, we can leave them be."

The men agreed with the idea, and immediately, they set off silently to surround the ambushers and ascertain if they were a threat.

ACTIONS:
Scout the ambushers from both sides.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:06 pm

The Hideout, Oreg Ragnar

The sail back to the hideout was difficult to say the least. Tension carried them as much the wind and oar did as they got back to their cave which made they called home. The cave was small and the longship was shored up as the goods were taken to Shortson's room. His room also had the most loot, and he had the most gear. This also comes from the fact that he was the leader. However everyone does get something, even though it's scraps.

Oreg has 40 coins and a better axe to his name. It was enough to go around and do his scheming and also hear the news. The news of the world was that High King Ragnar has declared war on the Veagirs and started to siege Curaw, even captured King Yagoleck outside the walls. While it didn't matter for sea raiders such as Oreg, it still note that the Nords could take the Veagirs this time. However everyone knows that Veagir archers and walls are a bad mixture and they're know to down many a army because of their defensive tactics.

It's always a common occurrence in Calradia. Blood and coin are the only two acceptable currencies in these lands and raiders export them both. Still, Oreg left the hideout into the night to hire some raiders that can help him take over the gang.

Action: Find, and hire some raiders who a capable enough to overthrow Shortson.

Gorbatov
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gorbatov » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:57 pm

Florian Kaulitz

Jelkala, Kingdom of Rhodoks
As Florian and his company of men prepared to leave Jelkala to explore the land, He was then approached by a man, who seemed to be dressed as one of the merchants of Jelkala. "That was quite a speech you did yesterday.", said the merchant.

"So? What is it to you?",inquired Florian, as he was strapping his equipment onto his horse.

The merchant made an inquisitive glance at Florian, "Well, I wish to hire your company to do a simple job for me."

Florian now seemed to more attentive, "What is it then?"

"I have a caravan filled with dyes and velvet set to leave soon for Veluca, and being that we still have an evident Mountain Bandit problem, we did not have enough men to escort such shipment of valued goods."

"So this is where my company comes in?"

"Well yes, I wish to hire you to be escorts of the mentioned caravan.", the merchant requested.

"Hmm...Very well, how large is the current escort anyway. Also how much will we get paid for this?", questioned Florian.

"We only have around five caravan guards with the caravan master. I'll pay you fifty denars upfront, and my associate in Veluca will pay another fifty, once the caravan reaches Veluca."

Florian then conferred with his men, and after several minutes, returned to the merchant. "We'll do it.", said Florian.

"Good, the caravan is about to leave soon. So best you join them immediately.", said the merchant as he gave Florian the initial payment for the job.

Actions
Leave Jelkala for Veluca
Quest
Escort Caravan to Veluca
"The modern revisionists and reactionaries call us Stalinists, thinking that they insult us and, in fact, that is what they have in mind. But, on the contrary, they glorify us with this epithet; it is an honor for us to be Stalinists for while we maintain such a stand the enemy cannot and will never force us to our knees.."
-Enver Hoxha-

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Flynn Ulfricson
In Trouble

Things could not have gone any worse. News of the continued war in the homelands of Flynn's most prominent soldiers caused brawls between the younger members of the group, resulting in the murder of a Nord soldier by three Vaegirs. Swadian soldiers kept the distance between the two parties, and Flynn interrogated them privately. He could not afford to be weak, nor lose his valuable shield wall, so if they readily confessed without repentance, they had two options. Be banished from the army, and all their plunder forfeit, save for enough to return home, or perish in execution by his hand. That way, as a Swadian, who bore both the bloodline of a Vaegir and Nord, he would show that treachery between his soldiers would not be tolerated.

For now, the Merchants had not grown impatient, so he even offered the chance to die in combat, to prove that he died with some semblance of dignity. Though the Nords protested, Flynn would state that the Nords respected honour and those who kept it. He would not play favorites, and if there were any signs of cowardice, it would be shown to both parties. If they fled, they were cowards who would just as have likely betrayed a Swadian, or their own in order to gain stature. If they stayed and submitted to execution, they would be punished for their crimes as a murderer. If they fought in battle, they would die in honour for their services to his army.

ACTIONS:
ACTIONS: Interrogate the accused
CURRENT QUESTS:
Wine Delivery for the Merchants
Obligatory Quotes below

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:31 am

1257 CE
Week 3

The Nords are said to have taken hundreds of casualties when they attempted to storm Curaw. Near 400 men killed before the assault ended. The Nords have instead elected to starve the city out if need be.

1 Nord footmen offers you his service after you persuade him with talks of your future adventures, he even offers to guide you to were Born the Bold is.

Result: 1 footman recruited

As your two groups slowly approach the would be ambushers, you count the men who might be your enemies. 12 in total, all armed very well for bandits, chainmail and good swords. The thought crosses your mind that they may be deserters when you hear the audible crack of a branch snapping from were your other group of men are.

One of the ambushers shoots to his feet and starts yelling, “To arms men of the Rhodoks, to arms!!!”

Result: You are discovered

3 hours after leaving the group, you run into a group of 4 sea raiders, and upon seeing you, they unsheathe there weapons. You must think quick.

Result: Run into 4 sea raiders

You and your caravan safely reach Veluca. (Good roles are boring)

The Veagirs eagerly accept your offer to die an honorable death in battle, this outrages the Nords in your group as they refuse to fight alongside murderers. News of the Veagirs victory at Curaw only compounds the tension.

Result: Morale gets lower and tension higher
Lover of doggos

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:36 pm

"Alright men," Nick said as he rounded up his band at the edge of Sargoth, "Let's be off. We have to find this killer, Born, and bring him to justice. Luckily, this man can lead us to him," Nick motioned to the new man amongst them that said he could lead them to Born. "Now lads, let's get going, shall we?"

ACTIONS:
Headed to Born the Bold's location
- Thomas Jefferson
- Thomas Jefferson
-Mark Twain
- Benjamin Franklin
-George Mason
-George Mason

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse