NATION

PASSWORD

[r] Trolling in #leavemealone thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

[r] Trolling in #leavemealone thread

Postby Hirota » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Byzconia wrote:Thank you for further illustrating my point that the main opponents of #MeToo are a bunch of whiny, pathetic incels who hate women because they won't sleep with them. I wonder how many people in this thread are just a couple of bad days away from becoming the next Elliot Rodger.

I don't think this kind of name calling should be tolerated right?
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:42 pm

National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

It has not stopped.

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:18 am

Byzconia wrote:This is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen. Comparing "feminist misandry" (something that only exists in the minds of whiny, entitled little shits who are mad that women don't act like blow-up dolls for them) to racism. Holy fuck are you delusional. Come back to me when you get thrown into a concentration camp for being a man. I'll fucking wait.

Continued Flaming by calling another poster "delusional".

Byzconia wrote:"Abusive tactics." :rofl: Dude, I made fun of you on the internet. Oh my god, you are the whiniest goddamned baby I've seen in a long time. I sincerely hope you never meet an actually dangerous person because you'll probably shit yourself.

More flaming in the same post (the post is extremely long).
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:32 am

Same thread, so I thought I'd make the report here. This seems a bit much [emphasis mine]
Hirota wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
But burying any positive discussion about feminism under a circlejerk about how oppressed white men are is perfectly OK behaviour.
A) If you've got something you want to report, you know where to go.

B) If you've got something to contribute, I assume you know how to.

C) If you want a "positive discussion" how about you be the change in behavior you want to see. If people believe you are posting in genuine good faith maybe they'll do the same...

If you want to bleat on ineffectively because you can't do A) B) or C) ...well, carry on I suppose with the whole petty childish sneering stich. I'm sure you think it's served you well so far.

Here's the thing about trying to want to make metoo into a "positive discussion about feminism" - it was not about feminism. It was not about pretty grownup actresses and what they did or didn't do behind closed doors with 2017 womens marchers. It was about "the 1 in 4 girls and the 1 in 6 boys who are sexually abused every year and who carry those wounds into adulthood."
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:00 am

The Free Joy State wrote:Same thread, so I thought I'd make the report here. This seems a bit much [emphasis mine]
It's attacking the post. If the poster chooses to adopt the same fallacies in their posting style on a regular basis - especially on the multiple posts in the thread, then it's attacking many of their posts.
Last edited by Hirota on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:10 pm

viewtopic.php?p=35009943#p35009943

Hirota's post is not gentle, and I can see why it raised a few eyebrows, but I don't think it's quite unconstructive enough to warn for.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Return to Moderation