NATION

PASSWORD

Inaugural CCD International Olympics Official RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Shronok
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Inaugural CCD International Olympics Official RP Thread

Postby Shronok » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:07 am

To celebrate The Confederation of Corrupt Dictators third anniversary we present to you the Inaugural Confederation of Corrupt Dictators International Olympics!

The registration thread and information on what events are being held is here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=454428

Event results as well as commentary will be posted here.

Opening Ceremony

Confederation of Corrupt Dictators International Olympics Opening Ceremony from Emanoel Stadium at Vocraye, the capital of Jocospor

*Fireworks and thunderous applause go off while Cultural Director of Jocospor Tiberius Welsh approaches the podium at Emanoel Stadium. As he makes his way to the podium the crowd starts to go silent. Tiberius Welsh clears his throat and starts speaking.*

"Hello everyone. I am Cultural Direcktor of Jocospor Tiberius Welsh. On behalf of the The Imperial Empire of Jocospor, I would like to welcome everyone who has made their way here for this special occasion whether they are from a nation of the CCD or one of our international participants. When the idea of a regional Olympics was first suggested by CCD's own head of the Department of Transportation Arka Vandex of The Incorporated States of Ingostan. It is safe to say that regional leadership was intrigued. After all the Confederation has some great athletes that would welcome a chance to show off their ability. Ultimately it was decided that we should also open this up to the international community. In a world filled with fear and uncertainty of the future this is a perfect opportunity for people to come together. We hope to provide the region and the world with an entertaining event and give these athletes a chance to compete with some of the best. This years Olympics will comprise of three events. The first event is Basketball. That event will be played at this very stadium. Then we will be holding multiple swimming races. Swimming will be held at the Sieuward Center and will comprise of 50m, 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, and 1.6km races. The third and final event being held in the Inaugural Confederation of Corrupt Dictators International Olympics will be a 42 kilometer marathon through Vocraye. We wish all participating athletes good luck and look forward to seeing them in action. Let the opening ceromony commence! Hail the Confederation!"

*He gets a standing ovation the crowd.*

PA announcer: Please stand and remove your hats \ for the Confederation Anthem as performed by the Vocraye Youth Symphony Orchestra.
*The Confederation Anthem, For Emperor Forever then plays as the whole stadium goes quiet*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R60f-HY ... 1538123888

*A surprise video message from Viceroy Walter Memmon is then played on the Jumbotron*

"I apologize that I couldn't be here in person. I would just like to say good luck to all the athletes and thanks to all those who made this possible. Hail the Confederation!"

*The torch relay is then held. Tiberus Welsh then once again stepped up to the podium*

"Thanks to everyone who could make it out tonight and to all those from foreign countries, enjoy your stay in Vocraye! We hope you find these events satisfying. Hail the Confederation!"

Hail the Confederation!
Last edited by Shronok on Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hail the Confederation!

Shronok
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Basketball Event.

Postby Shronok » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:28 am

Confederation of Corrupt Dictators International Olympics Coverage
Event 1 Basketball Recap

Round 1

Jack Billeser scores 38 of Fetra's points as Fetra gains a 82-70 over Pepsi Governate of Korea

Pepsi Governate of Korea was able to get a solid lead on Fetra early. Within the first five minutes they built up a 10-2 lead. But it wouldn't last. "We were up early and doing playing pretty good. I got to give "Coach Tomson(Fetra's coach for this event) credit. He regrouped his players and they were able to expose our defence. "Coach Jorson said to an interviewer. At halftime Fetra led 46-30 and they would never trail for the rest of the game.

Scoring Leaders
Jack Billleser of Fetra: 38 points and 5 out of 6 three point shots made.
Erik Hertzog of Pepsi Governate of Korea: 28 points and 2 out of 5 three point shots made.

Tribe of Peace beats Castelia 76-73 on a last second shot from Orama Kioul.

This was quite a wild game. No team was ever able to get up by more than five points as it was close throughout the whole game. It was only a miracle three point shot from Orama Kioul that prevented the game from going to overtime. "I had the ball and I knew I might as well shoot it. After all we had nothing to lose and everything to gain" said Oram Kioul. "We were determined to not let them beat us at the point of attack. Though in retrospect the fouls were what probably hurt us the most" remarked Castelia's Coach Concar. This game was especially meaningful for Tribe of Peace players and coaches. "Our country has gone through a lot recently. We hope that winning a championship in this event will provide a sort of inspiration for us moving forward" Coach Assad of the Tribe of Peace said as his team walked to the locker room.
Scoring Leaders
Sada Koussard of Tribe of Peace: 24 points and 4 out of 12 three point shots made.
Ken Jackson of Castelia: 32 points and 4 out of 7 three point shots made.

Gold medal Round

Tribe of Peace beats Fetra 83-75 to win the CCDIO gold medal in basketball.

As the final seconds ticked off the clock the crowd erupted. "We just had to execute our strategy. It wasn't always perfect but we did what we had to so we could get the win" Coach Assad said after the game. Fetra did manage to make it 75-78 with a minute and a half left in the game, but Tribe of Peace would then score 5 more points to ultimately put the game out of reach for Fetra. "You can't deny that Tribe of Peace played a good game. They are a very talented team I have to admit" said Coach Tomson of Fetra. Tribe of Peace players and coaches were very emotional after the game. "While nothing can quite help us get over the explostion at our capital city, we can at least take solace in the fact that we were able to get the gold medal. This is certainly going to make the people of our country proud" said Coach Assad.

Scoring Leaders
Soren Habith of Tribe of Peace: 30 points and 4 out of 10 three point shots made.
John Summers of Castelia: 26 points and 3 out of 9 three point shots made.

Emanoel Stadium, Vocraye, Jocospor
Last edited by Shronok on Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hail the Confederation!

Fetra
Attaché

Founded: Apr 13, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Fetra » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:47 am

Our nation is satisfied with the results obtained, we will always be ready for other challenges in honor of the confederation and our nation! Our team has been waiting for a long time this moment , and they prepared as good as possible to be able to compare with the confederation teams like that of Pepsi Governate of Korea, with which we have won, or with that of Tribe of Peace, which has beaten us, and we congratulate for their victory in the last minutes of the game. Our team was excited from the game and they really like this first competition. We are all waiting for the next Olympic competitions of the confederation, being very satisfied with our good reputation in basketball and other sports.

Shronok
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Swimming Events.

Postby Shronok » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:16 am

Confederation of Corrupt Dictators International Olympics Coverage
Event 2 Swimming Events Recap

50m Freestyle Results

1st. Melissa Hubbel of Cylain:29.42 seconds.
2nd. Jim O'Hara of Shronok: 31.22 seconds.
3rd. Riley O'Nettle of Jocospor: 34.02 seconds.
4th. Roshen Ambuel of Fetra: 34.46 seconds.

Melissa Hubbel finishes under 30 seconds as she conviningly wins 1st place in the 50m Freestyle event.

Melissa Hubbel finished first in the 50m Freestyle in 29.42 seconds. "Of course I am happy. Considering where I was a few months ago, the fact I was able to get first place is really good." Melissa Hubbel said after the event. "She certainly has proven herself once again. Through hard work, determination, and a great amount of talent she was able to place first despite the fact she just picked up swimming a few months ago" remarked her coach John Fassen. Riley O'Nettle of Jocospor would later say "She(Melissa) did an excellent job. While I would have liked to be the one in first, I am proud that I have been able to compete with her."

400m Freestyle Results

1st.Her Royal Highness,Princess Nathalie,Duchess Of Bohuslän of Icadias: 4.26
2nd. Daniel Eltronn of Jocospor: 4.32
3rd. Lara Kristen of Fetra: 5.01
4th. Morgan Vasquez of Shronok: 5.46

Princess Nathalie of Icadias finishes first in a close race.

As we neared the end of the race it looked like Daniel Eltronn would finish first and take gold medal honors. "I think it is safe to say no one expected Her Royal Highness, Princess Natalie would be able to make that final push. But because of it she deserved this victory. Congratulations to the people of Icadias You have a very talented swimmer." Daniel Eltronn's coach said in a interview with Confederation State Broadcasting after the race. "She ended up winnning by 6 seconds despite the fact that it looked like she would lose by about 12 seconds when we were the swimmers were at about the halfway mark." commentator Jack Rins said with a sense of wonder. Congratulations to all the swimmers who participated in today's events.

Sieuward Center,Vocraye,Jocospor
Hail the Confederation!

Shronok
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Event 3 Marathon

Postby Shronok » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:28 am

Confederation of Corrupt Dictators International Olympics Coverage Event 3 42km Marathon Recap

1. Winfreid Holdal of Wilhelms: 4:12:40
2. Rohnuld C. Croft of Jocospor: 4:15:22
3. Angus McIntyre of Indo-Malaysia: 4:20:04
4. Klara Thompson of Fetra: 4:24:58

Winfreid Holdal paces his way to a first place finish in the 42km marathon.

When Winfreid Holdal first entered the race he was very confident in his ability. "I do this sort of thing all the time back home in Wilhelms so it wasn't really all that hard for me." said Winfreid in an interview. While he didn't finish first Rohnuld C. Croft represented the city well. "I love Vocraye. I was born here and I have lived here all my life. It is certainly an honor to be able to run on this track" he explained. The runners for the most part stayed in the same positions throughout the whole race. As this is the final event the closing ceremony awaits. The Viceroy would like to note that the athletes are invited to a feast at the Confedereichstag before they go back to their respective countries.

Hail the Confederation!

Shronok
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Closing Ceremony Speech

Postby Shronok » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:06 pm

Confederation of Corrupt DIctators International Olympics Closing Ceremony at Emanoel Stadium

Tiberus Welsh's final speech at Vocraye, Jocospor

*As the closing ceromonies start to finish, Tiberius Welsh gets ready to deliver some final words on the Olympics*

*Just like the opening ceremony, fireworks and loud applause goes off when TIberus Welsh approaches the podium. He is prepared to give some final words*

*Hello everyone. I would like to first thank all the people who made this possible. Thanks to Arka Vandez of Ingostan for coming up with the idea in the first place. Thanks to all the athletes and coaches and thanks to our wonderful security team. Because of them the Olympics went without any major incident despite our worries. We hope all the foreign representatives enjoyed their stay in Vocraye. Though I will admit that these Olympics could have been better in many ways I am still proud we made an attempt. I know all the athletes and coaches are hungry for the feast that has been promised you so I won't talk for much longer. Once again thanks to everyone who made this possible and I wish all the foreign delegates safe travels as they prepare to leave. Hail the Confederation!
Hail the Confederation!

Return to NS Sports