NATION

PASSWORD

[R] RWDT

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

[R] RWDT

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:18 am

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=452262&p=34911182#p34911182:
Napkiraly wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:I wouldn't consider heinous injustices like this funny.

You have defended slavery and territorial expansion done under the banner of Islam (not to mention all other kinds), you of all people don't get to call it injustice simply because Washington was Christian instead of Mohammedan.

Considering that the mods have already warned someone of using this, is this actionable?
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:44 am

National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:07 pm

How is this trolling? For starters I did not call KT himself a Mohammedan, and nor did I keep using it after he asked for me to not use it, considering it was a single usage; and while it is a bit of an older term to refer to adherents of Islam, it is still a legitimate word to use if done so in a non-malicious way (as it was in my usage). If we are to use the "Well he asked you to not use it", I and others in the past asked him to not use the word kafir since it can and is used in a mean spirited manner by others not to mention in certain cultures being a racist epithet (South Africa for example). Yet moderation deemed it an okay word to use as long as it is not meant in a negative manner, so why the double standard?
Last edited by Napkiraly on Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:10 pm

I think this use of Mohammedan is kind of borderline, but it's worth noting that Kubumba has racked up an extensive warning record for the use of "kafir" that you brought up.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:21 pm

USS Monitor wrote:I think this use of Mohammedan is kind of borderline, but it's worth noting that Kubumba has racked up an extensive warning record for the use of "kafir" that you brought up.

That is fair enough. I would then ask, since kafir is still not a prohibited word entirely (merely depends on how it is used), what are the boundaries for the use of Mohammedan to avoid future confusion? I can understand directly calling KT or other Muslims who don't like being called as such as clear trolling and flaming, but is the usage to refer to the group whole outside of targeting individuals and/or being done neutrally still acceptable usage?

Return to Moderation