NATION

PASSWORD

Questions about Nations that CTE

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Chainsington
Civilian

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Questions about Nations that CTE

Postby Chainsington » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:24 am

If you don't log in to a nation for 28 days and it ceases to exist, does it prevent you from creating a new nation with the same email/username after that, or does it let you create a new nation with the same criteria but a different name?

If it does prevent you, can you use an alternate email to create a new nation?

Otherwise, I think that's all I need to know. I highly appreciate the help.

Frisbeeteria
Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:44 am

Nation names, once created, are locked in for five years minimum. You cannot create a new nation with that name unless the Nation Name Release criteria are met.

Email addresses are irrelevant to your question. You can use the same email address on multiple nations, or a different email on each nation. There is no cross-checking on nation name / email combinations. We do recommend that you use the same email address on all your NS nations, as this will prevent accidental WA multiing. The game engine won't allow two simultaneous WA memberships on the same email.

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:56 pm

To add on to what Fris said, if your nation ceases to exist due to inactivity (though if it's mod-deleted, this is not the case), you can log into it again and it will be restored with the same population, settings, etc. as you left off with.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:32 pm

There is also a Vacation Mode in the settings section. At the loss of receiving new issues you gain an extension to the CTE date (60 days instead of the normal 28 days.)
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Sacrosanct Group
Envoy

Founded: Sep 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sacrosanct Group » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:46 am

Sorry to highjack this thread, but I find it close to my question.

Do we automatically lose WA membership when we CTE? I don't remember withdrawing from WA but I CTE'd for about 2 hours last week. I just realized today that I am no longer a WA member. I have countless of puppets so I don't really want to reapply until I am sure I do the right thing. It's the second time I CTE'd while in WA and the first one was more than a year ago (approximately) so I don't really remember much of that.

Thanks in advance!

-Sac

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:56 am

Sacrosanct Group wrote:Do we automatically lose WA membership when we CTE?

Yes.
At least if there's an update while the nation is CTEd. I'm not sure about short intervals between updates, but those are enough to re-set the 'Residency' counter so evidently the game notices them...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Frisbeeteria
Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:50 pm

Bears Armed wrote:At least if there's an update while the nation is CTEd. I'm not sure about short intervals between updates,

Normal national CTEs occur by-definition during updates. WA membership is stripped as part of the CTE process. Even if you revived it seconds later, you'd have to reapply to rejoin.

The only exceptions to update-timed CTEs are mod-deleted nations, which are of course not eligible for restoration, and therefore unable to rejoin.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:52 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:At least if there's an update while the nation is CTEd. I'm not sure about short intervals between updates,

Normal national CTEs occur by-definition during updates. WA membership is stripped as part of the CTE process. Even if you revived it seconds later, you'd have to reapply to rejoin.

The only exceptions to update-timed CTEs are mod-deleted nations, which are of course not eligible for restoration, and therefore unable to rejoin.

Oops!
:blush:
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical