NATION

PASSWORD

Segh's Backroom Meeting-Arkonos Only [chat&RPprep]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Segh
Secretary

Founded: Nov 28, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Segh's Backroom Meeting-Arkonos Only [chat&RPprep]

Postby Segh » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:54 am

This is a thread for me to use in order to communicate and share RP information as well as prepare with others cooperative posts and the like. Due to circumstances of living in China, most popular chat programs and websites are pretty much banned or blocked to the point of being unusable. The VPNs I've used for years are no longer working and I can't even purchase or download new ones because I can't get appropriate bank accounts that allow me to purchase things outside of china with my bank cards and even WeChat pay functions are blocked from such international exchanges.

Now on top of that, I've found that I can't send Telegrams to people on NS as they too are blocked. Using the Forum for communication about NS things and my nation and region RPs with fellow players is the last option I have really to stay on this site until NS is itself blocked and banned from China.

The topics covered in this thread may not be specific, as it will just be random chatting sometimes but mainly to share ideas and texts of and about our RPs between my nation and other Arkonos nations on our RMB.

Rolais
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 26, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Kicks down door

Postby Rolais » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:29 am

CCP have essentially gagged you :'(

Segh
Secretary

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Segh » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:46 am

The resistance lives on, albeit quietly in the NS forums

Rolais
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 26, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rolais » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:09 pm

As long as it lives. We miss you

Dar Zaddha
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

RP

Postby Dar Zaddha » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:13 am

So Segh, what do you want to RP and how should we go about it?

Segh
Secretary

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Segh » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:36 am

I don't have a proper idea of what we could do yet, but seeing as you will be the most direct neighbor and competitor for my colony, there will most certainly be some competition or cooperation between us. I'm open for most anything, I just RP what will go best for the moment and have no real strict goals in mind for my colony.

We could start with whatever you like.

Dar Zaddha
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Dar Zaddha » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:33 am

We could begin with a diplomatic or trade delegation of some sort to initiate our relations. Thoughts? Also, who should send the delegation?

Segh
Secretary

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Segh » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:36 pm

Dar Zaddha wrote:We could begin with a diplomatic or trade delegation of some sort to initiate our relations. Thoughts? Also, who should send the delegation?

I had an idea of having a small war with eachother once I expand my colony again and press into your neighboring counties. Natural 'first contact' skirmishes and such, which could end amicably or with a hostile ceasefire depending on what sort of relationship we'd like to develop with one another for the near future. Since, to be honest, your nation and my nation wouldn't really know enough of eachother to think ahead and send diplomatic envoys to one another or even begin thinking of trade. My colonists, who are months apart from any message from the home government would probably be more hostile for survival at this early stage of colonial development and less likely to just accept any random contact of natives. (we have a history of slavery and such, don't forget that) Even if we did come to a friendly trade agreement of some sort, it wouldn't be the first thing to come to the table.
Last edited by Segh on Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dar Zaddha
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Dar Zaddha » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:43 am

Fair enough. Once I complete my southern expansion (should be completed by the next two map updates), I'll bring this topic up again, and we can plan it all out.

Segh
Secretary

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Segh » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:25 am

Alright, So I got my VPNs to work again, some updated, and others I had to find some interesting fixes for.

So for now, this thread is in hibernation, but will certainly be used once again (most probably within a month) once the Censors begin their next round of VPN shutdowns and such.

Chinanet is the best, I love the CCP. :bow: hehe...heh... :(

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse