NATION

PASSWORD

Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
New Economic Bloc
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 19
Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized!

Postby New Economic Bloc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:25 am

Apparently she fell and broke three ribs. She’s been hospitalized for observation.

If it’s serious, and she retires or worse, what could the results be?

I for one am shocked and stunned.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1060534392634916864


https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/justic ... 018-11-08/

User avatar
Western Vale Confederacy
Minister
 
Posts: 2919
Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:37 am

Cue the Republicans cheering and celebrating a grievious and potentially deadly (at her age) accident because of petty partisanship and rabid dog politics.

Let's hope she recovers and reassumes her duties.

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36783
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:40 am

Man I disagree with her a lot and I make no secret that I want her replaced but that sucks :/

Hopefully she isn't hurt too bad.
Angry American who likes guns and trees
Iḫzu Akkadû ma eme-g̃ir. Annû ašru? Samku.
Diliḫtu le'û dâku, ṭeḫû aḫāʾiš.
Anāku kī arru
Australian gun control didn't work. A rebuttal to the "well regulated militia" argument.

User avatar
Paddy O Fernature
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8931
Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:40 am

Sad to hear and I wish nothing but the best for her.

However, I do feel that this would be the perfect time for her to retire gracefully.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
Mallorea and Riva should resign
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

User avatar
Thanatttynia
Minister
 
Posts: 3074
Founded: Nov 10, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Thanatttynia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:40 am

She could have retired in 2014...

Hope she gets better. Admire her tenacity and obstinacy, but can't help but wish she was replaced under Obama and a Democratic Senate.
Reject scientism!

User avatar
95X
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1049
Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Capitalist Paradise

Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized!

Postby 95X » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:42 am

Obviously, if she can no longer perform her Supreme Court duties, the President would pick another new justice. And conservatives would have an even larger majority than they have now. I think they might use that majority to overturn laws they don't like, such as allowing states to decriminalize marijuana, decrease or eliminate services to the general public, and perhaps even declare 'all your rights are belong to us'.

Also, you're probably going to need more of an opinion in your opening post:
viewtopic.php?p=18946099#p18946099
Specifically, try elaborating on who, what, where, why and how you are "shocked and stunned".
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.
Atlantian Oceania. The Place.
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4 & 7 Champions!

User avatar
Taliostia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 129
Founded: Sep 11, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Taliostia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:42 am

Hopefully she's doing okay. Trump has a smile on his face.

User avatar
Valrifell
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14770
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valrifell » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:43 am

Paddy O Fernature wrote:Sad to hear and I wish nothing but the best for her.

However, I do feel that this would be the perfect time for her to retire gracefully.


Her own politics and moral judgement refuses to let her do that. It would be a splendid time to retire but the odds of her being replaced by someone she'd approve are zero.
round and around and around we go, where the world's headed, nobody knows.

User avatar
Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10333
Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Petrasylvania » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:44 am

Cue the rehearsal for Wizard of Oz songs due to polarization. Hopefully she can draw on her hatred to regenerate.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

User avatar
Taliostia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 129
Founded: Sep 11, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Taliostia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:45 am

95X wrote:Obviously, if she can no longer perform her Supreme Court duties, the President would pick another new justice. And conservatives would have an even larger majority than they have now. I think they might use that majority to overturn laws they don't like, such as allowing states to decriminalize marijuana, decrease or eliminate services to the general public, and perhaps even declare 'all your rights are belong to us'.

Also, you're probably going to need more of an opinion in your opening post:
viewtopic.php?p=18946099#p18946099
Specifically, try elaborating on who, what, where, why and how you are "shocked and stunned".

Some states legalized recreational marijuana after the election like Michigan. Trump got Brett Kavanaugh in the Supreme Court so I'm not sure what will happen to her on the Supreme Court. Donald Trump wanted to abolish birthright citizenship by executive order, that is unconstitutional. The conservatives can't play god. No one is above the law.

User avatar
Western Vale Confederacy
Minister
 
Posts: 2919
Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:46 am

Petrasylvania wrote:Cue the rehearsal for Wizard of Oz songs due to polarization. Hopefully she can draw on her hatred to regenerate.


Y'know, considering her old age and this accident that will most likely make her duties as a Supreme Court judge even harder, I think it's best she retires and not work herself to fucking death.

User avatar
Taliostia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 129
Founded: Sep 11, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Taliostia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:47 am

Valrifell wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:Sad to hear and I wish nothing but the best for her.

However, I do feel that this would be the perfect time for her to retire gracefully.


Her own politics and moral judgement refuses to let her do that. It would be a splendid time to retire but the odds of her being replaced by someone she'd approve are zero.

We live in dark times here in America because of Trump. I don't want another Kavanaugh scandal at the Supreme Court.

User avatar
Paddy O Fernature
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8931
Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:47 am

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:Cue the rehearsal for Wizard of Oz songs due to polarization. Hopefully she can draw on her hatred to regenerate.


Y'know, considering her old age and this accident that will most likely make her duties as a Supreme Court judge even harder, I think it's best she retires and not work herself to fucking death.


Clearly though, Gauth thinks her dying in pointless disgrace is somehow preferred by everyone who doesn't agree with his agenda.

So sad.

Taliostia wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
Her own politics and moral judgement refuses to let her do that. It would be a splendid time to retire but the odds of her being replaced by someone she'd approve are zero.

We live in dark times here in America because of Trump. I don't want another Kavanaugh scandal at the Supreme Court.


Indeed. Maybe next time people won't make up baseless/fact-less claims about the nominee and we can actually move forward without looking like an even more incompetent nation that what we already do.
Last edited by Paddy O Fernature on Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
Mallorea and Riva should resign
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36783
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:48 am

Taliostia wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
Her own politics and moral judgement refuses to let her do that. It would be a splendid time to retire but the odds of her being replaced by someone she'd approve are zero.

We live in dark times here in America because of Trump. I don't want another Kavanaugh scandal at the Supreme Court.


Oh if and when RBG is replaced that fight is going to make Kavanaugh look like a civil discussion in comparison. It's gonna be bad.
Angry American who likes guns and trees
Iḫzu Akkadû ma eme-g̃ir. Annû ašru? Samku.
Diliḫtu le'û dâku, ṭeḫû aḫāʾiš.
Anāku kī arru
Australian gun control didn't work. A rebuttal to the "well regulated militia" argument.

User avatar
Taliostia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 129
Founded: Sep 11, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Taliostia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:48 am

She should retire from the court. She is too sick and old.

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36783
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:48 am

I know all bone fractures are very serious at her age and whatnot but at least it wasn't a hip or anything, that would really suck.
Angry American who likes guns and trees
Iḫzu Akkadû ma eme-g̃ir. Annû ašru? Samku.
Diliḫtu le'û dâku, ṭeḫû aḫāʾiš.
Anāku kī arru
Australian gun control didn't work. A rebuttal to the "well regulated militia" argument.

User avatar
Valrifell
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14770
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valrifell » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:49 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Taliostia wrote:We live in dark times here in America because of Trump. I don't want another Kavanaugh scandal at the Supreme Court.


Oh if and when RBG is replaced that fight is going to make Kavanaugh look like a civil discussion in comparison. It's gonna be bad.


I'm not excited. Hopefully she pulls through.
round and around and around we go, where the world's headed, nobody knows.

User avatar
Zurkerx
Minister
 
Posts: 2759
Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:49 am

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:Cue the rehearsal for Wizard of Oz songs due to polarization. Hopefully she can draw on her hatred to regenerate.


Y'know, considering her old age and this accident that will most likely make her duties as a Supreme Court judge even harder, I think it's best she retires and not work herself to fucking death.


That's probably going to happen, and given some of the people on Trump's nominee list, they'll pass easily now with the Senate in place.
A Golden Civic: the New Libertarian
My Word: Indubitably
READ ME
Pros/Cons

Looking for a Libertarian Community? Join The Libertarian Discord
I Do What I Want Retired Head Admin in NSGS
Soon-to-be-Author

User avatar
G-Tech Corporation
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 51775
Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:49 am

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:Cue the rehearsal for Wizard of Oz songs due to polarization. Hopefully she can draw on her hatred to regenerate.


Y'know, considering her old age and this accident that will most likely make her duties as a Supreme Court judge even harder, I think it's best she retires and not work herself to fucking death.


A win-win really.

Either she retires now and lives out her life away from the limelight.

Or she keeps working and snuffs it in another year or so.

Then we can appoint Dick Cheney as her replacement, and we are only one more step away from summoning our True Master. la! la!
TG if you have questions about RP. If I don't know the answer, I know someone who does.

Quite the unofficial fellow. P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs.

User avatar
The Commonwealth of Tennessee
Envoy
 
Posts: 212
Founded: Jan 20, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Commonwealth of Tennessee » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:49 am

She's a tough lady, so I have no doubt she'll recover or be comfortable at the very least.

Godspeed Ginsburg!

On another account, I wonder how the Senate will take a look of the purview of this.
Pro: Life, Guns, Marijuana Legalization, Drug Decriminalization, Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Border-Wall, Immigration ban, Limited Isolationism, Jacksonian Democracy, Voluntarism, Right-wing Libertarianism, Gay Rights

Anti: SJW, Extremist Islam, Radicalized Feminism, Extremist LGBTQ, ANTIFA, Neo-Con's, Fascists, BLM, BackTheBlue, Federal Reserve, Big Gov, Fiat currency, Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Trotsky, Stalin, Lenin

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 1.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.77
Nation Tech:
Modern/Post Modern

User avatar
G-Tech Corporation
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 51775
Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:50 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:I know all bone fractures are very serious at her age and whatnot but at least it wasn't a hip or anything, that would really suck.


Yeah, hip replacements are no joke. You don’t ever get better- you just limp to the grave slightly more slowly.
TG if you have questions about RP. If I don't know the answer, I know someone who does.

Quite the unofficial fellow. P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs.

User avatar
An Alan Smithee Nation
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1435
Founded: Apr 18, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:51 am

Was she alone when she "fell"?

User avatar
Proctopeo
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7311
Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Proctopeo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:54 am

Unfortunate. I wish her well, but I do think this might be a sign that she should retire. At the very least she'll live longer if she does.
Center-right libertarian LockeabooEconomic: 4.13
Meme addict :^)Social: -3.44
Manga is literatureWill probably retake once every month or so, last updated 10/9/2018
RIP Balk
Crockerland wrote:Yes, we are aware, the Israelis protect their civilians with weapons while the Palestinians protect their weapons with civilians.

User avatar
Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10333
Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Petrasylvania » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:55 am

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:Was she alone when she "fell"?

Wishful thinking, but if by a miniscule possibility she was pushed it would reignite a party base.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

User avatar
Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10333
Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Petrasylvania » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:56 am

Proctopeo wrote:Unfortunate. I wish her well, but I do think this might be a sign that she should retire. At the very least she'll live longer if she does.

Live to see everything she stood for erased from existence? She'd likely take her chances.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Caldreania, Communist Xomaniax, Dark Tuvulux, Dumb Ideologies, Duvniask, Equalsun Empire, Flaxxony, Freezic Vast, Gallade, Galloism, Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States, Great Minarchistan, Ifreann, Knessniet, LiberNovusAmericae, Luckynia, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mazda-otta, Myfanwyski, Myrensis, Ostroeuropa, Pax Nerdvana, Petoria Prime, Petrasylvania, Sane Outcasts, The All Seeing Eyes, The Greater Ohio Valley, The Holy Therns, The New California Republic

Advertisement

Remove ads