NATION

PASSWORD

A Military Embarrassment and a National Tragedy (OPEN)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Drissa
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

A Military Embarrassment and a National Tragedy (OPEN)

Postby Drissa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:35 am

[Kaldrith, DCNN]: "Good evening, you are now watching a special bulletin brought to you by the Drissan Cable News Network broadcasting from Kaldrith. This is Kaia Ravcëna coming to you live."

She paused for a moment as if waiting for confirmation to continue--which she was, actually.

"Today at nine-thirty A.M. in Corpsett Harbor, an Imperial Drissan Capital ship [HES Eternal CDA-22] of South Issani Task Force--a large part of the Issani Island Defense Fleet--was badly damaged by an accidental explosion onboard in the weapons bay of the ship. The crew of the ship has reported that they heard a massive ear-splitting explosion coming from below deck and that the ship rocked widely to one side before crashing back on the water. Water is reported to have began flooding the damaged compartments within seconds and the ship began to list heavily to port. The damage control crew was able to stop most of the flooding before another reported ordinance explosion tore an even larger whole in the side of the ship. Water began to spill over the deck as the ship the began rolled and capsized, trapping--these are initial estimates--at least 300 people aboard. Rescue operations are already underway, though the media has been banned from the sight of the accident until morning by the Imperial Naval Command."

She turned slightly to her left and the camera followed.

"Now, we have with us tonight Vice Admiral in command of the South Issani ships, Gregory Rozend, who will to the best of his knowledge explain this mornings events,"

The camera panned to the left and settled on Vice Admiral Rozend, Kaia leaned forward in her chair and into the picture. The position was uncomfortable, but the producers had ordered her to get into the shot.

"Admiral Rozend, now, it worries me--and the rest of the country, as well--that a capital ship of the Imperial Navy would be nearly sunk by mishandled weapons onboard. I think that-"

"With all do respect, Miss Ravcëna," his voice carried an air of superiority and a German levelheadedness, "Because you are not a member of the Drissan navy nor are you an expert in Naval command or the complexity of operations onboard a Kaasnova Class capital ship, your thoughts are immaterial. You brought me here on this program--when I should be dealing with the dead men we are pulling from the depths of His Excellency's ship--to explain what happened. I have received the initial findings reports from early dives to the wreck sight and I will reveal to you what is appropriate."

He looked somewhere off the screen and an orderly rushed forward with a glass of water. He took a large gulp and set it gently, with meticulous care, on the news anchor's desk.

"What happened this morning is an embarrassment to the navy, and a horrible tragedy in which hundreds paid for with their lives. Today is proof of the poor performance of our navy, our obsolete practices and our weapons systems. In regards to the navy, those weapon systems are usually either ineffective against a modern enemy any stronger than what would ammount to a damn bananna republic, or they are hopelessly and ridiculously volitile--a modern naval commander would turn pale at merely the sight of our refueling stations, yet alone the conditions of the ordinance storage at the bottoms our ships. A modern naval commander using up-to-date tactics and operations laugh at the sight of our deisal ships. While the rest of the world commands fleets of air craft carriers and cruisers, our capital ships are battleships that are so delicate an ancient that taking them our of port for standard exercises puts so much strain on the ship that the damage control units of our navy should demand a pay raise for all the work they do. HES Eternal had reported flooding in her lower decks weeks prior to this accident, she had reported the need for new munitions months prior to the accident, and I had requested more funds for more adequate training. All of which were dismissed and now... now this happens..." he stopped and glared off to the side away from the camera. The whole situation disgusted him and his stomach twisted at the thought of all those young men dying hopelessly at the bottom of the bay because his government was all but useless.

She looked at him for a moment, unsure of what to say, "Uh," she mumbled, she looked at her notes and to the teleprompter. The news gave way to a quick commerical from their sponsors--Issani Vacation Discounts, how ironic and horribly inappropriate--before returning.

"I understand what you're saying,"

"No, you don't," the Admiral's muttering was barely audible and the captioning crew neglected to include his snide remarks.

"But that doesn't tell me or the viewers what happened. Many people woke up this morning to the sight of a burning sinking wreckage. What, Admiral, happened to that ship?"

The Admiral was clearly becoming aggravated, "What happened was an accidental detonation of a poorly maintained, outdated high-explosive shell. Because everything and everyone in the munitions bay was quite literally incinerated by the blast, we'll never know. But as far as we can guess, a munitions officer did something wrong. Or, this is also highly likely, a shell simply exploded. That, if anything, makes this whole damn thing more embarrassing to the Imperial Naval Command. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have more important things to deal with than answer your questions." he stood up and walk off screen. The camera zoomed out and panned to the left to watch him slam through the studio doors.

"But Admiral," she called after him. She was utterly flustered, "We're done," she muttered, "Aungeletten." she continued. Most people wouldn't have heard her, but the captions crew managed to include her last curse before the bulletin cut a final commerical and returned to the regularly scheduled news program. She hadn't gotten the scoop the wanted... the gritty details and the gory photos. If it bleeds he leads, she knew that and the producers knew that. But all she received from the irritated Vice Admiral was a bleeding heart and a bad attitude. Fuck. She slipped her feet back into their dark prison know as heels, stood up and went to discuss something with one of her producers. She was sure it would involve something much more interesting than a fuck up by the Imperial Navy--it would probably have something to do with her tongue... She giggled. Or his.

"Haha," she laughed softly and weaved her away around the massive army of technisions and badly paid orderlies and towards the back of the studio room.

-----

At Corpsett Bay, the sight of the HES Eternal.

"Because the bay is so shallow and she landed--almost--keel to the ground, several teams of engineers are going to try to seel the whole. That will at least make raising her a little eaier. The damage is, however, quite extensive and we don't know exactly how much we'll be able to salvage," Captain Richard Azënar said, "though, if the truth be said freely, I'd rather she-"

"Hold you tongue, Captain," the Admiral cut him off and shot a firey glance his way. Yes, he knew exactly what the Captain wanted. He would rather falsify a report and leave that piece of shit the Naval Command had the audacity to call a capital ship at the bottom the bay.

"Yes, Admiral, I apologize if I offended you in any way... I understand you served on the HES Eternal,"

"Aye, I did," the Captain tried to say something else, but was cut off, "I hated her then too, Captain, because, frankly, she wasn't worth the paper she was designed on when I first was stationed onboard. I hate that ship and I am moving to have her decommissioned.

"What?" the Captain looked amazed, "But she sank. Three-hundred men are dead and many more injured, she should be scrapped a new ship built. I thought the Naval Command was considering buidling a new design--a CNA..,"

"The designs were rejected on the basis of our inability to build and maintain a nuclear fleet." the Admiral said quickly as he began walking along the docks, watching as ships manuvered into place for the ressurection of a ship better off being left dead at the bottom of the bay.
Last edited by Drissa on Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Drissa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Re: A Military Embarrassment and a National Tragedy (OPEN)

Postby Drissa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:03 am

OOC: This RP is supposed to be a fun 'Get-Your-Shit-Together' thing that introduces my nation (and helps me practice RPing); it's basically going to be about rebuilding the military of Drissa--focusing on the navy--from the ground up.

Drissa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Drissa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:22 am

bump

Lingards
Envoy

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lingards » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:33 am

Federation of Lingard

The Federation offers its condoloncies for the loss of life your Nation has suffered today, we also offer what assistance we can in ensuring this tragedy doesn't happen again.

Signed
President Watson
The United States of Lingard

Drissa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Drissa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:43 am

Lingards wrote:Federation of Lingard

The Federation offers its condoloncies for the loss of life your Nation has suffered today, we also offer what assistance we can in ensuring this tragedy doesn't happen again.

Signed
President Watson

Official Response from the Imperial Foreign Ministry of Drissa

The government and people of Drissa thank the Federation for their kind words and promise of assistance.

At this moment in time our priority is getting the HES Eternal off the bay floor and repairing her. She is one our few remaining capital ships. The Imperial Navy is pathetic enough with her and being devoid of just a single capital ship--the Imperial Naval Command has reported that we have seven--would make our navy laughable in comparison to other nations. If it isn't already...

Sincerest Thanks.

Minister of Imperial Foreign Affairs

Last edited by Drissa on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lingards
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lingards » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:48 am

Federation of Lingard

The Federation Navy has offered its assistance in your doing so. Additionally the Federation can offer to sell some of our ships to you, as we have been intending to purchase newer ships. The Older ships are slightly older but still in very good condition and will remain outfitted with the same technology currently in service with the Lingardian Navy.

Signed
President Watson

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:48 am

The Federation offers to sell some of our newer ships to Drissa, as well as train Drissa's naval personnel at The Citadel.
[SHOCKING] Woman dragged by coffee cup into the MANDRILL MAZE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdllAAHq-WA

Drissa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Drissa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:20 am

Lingards wrote:Federation of Lingard

The Federation Navy has offered its assistance in your doing so. Additionally the Federation can offer to sell some of our ships to you, as we have been intending to purchase newer ships. The Older ships are slightly older but still in very good condition and will remain outfitted with the same technology currently in service with the Lingardian Navy.

Signed
President Watson

The Imperial Naval Command has requested to see reports on the ships the Federation intends to try to sell to the Empire. Our budget is strained as it is with older, decrepit ships, and it would be unwise to buy newer, more expensive ships that are just as bad as the previous Drissan built ships.

Sincerest Thanks,

Drissa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Drissa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:25 am

Allied Governments wrote:The Federation offers to sell some of our newer ships to Drissa, as well as train Drissa's naval personnel at The Citadel.

The Imperial Naval Command would like to see reports, blue-prints, and specs for these ships the Federation intends to sell to the Empire. The I.N.C. needs these materials so that an adequate evaluation and comparison of the Federation's ships to Drissan ships can be written and submitted to the Imperial Parliament. The Government of Drissa tries very hard to avoid careless spending when it comes to the nations military, but, as evidenced by the recent events, pinching pennies can cost lives. Especially when your primary naval ships--the capital ships--are nearly as old as the nation they were built to defend.

Sincerest Thanks,

Last edited by Drissa on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:35 am

Drissa wrote:
Allied Governments wrote:The Federation offers to sell some of our newer ships to Drissa, as well as train Drissa's naval personnel at The Citadel.

The Imperial Naval Command would like to see reports, blue-prints, and specs for these ships the Federation intends to sell to the Empire. The I.N.C. needs these materials so that an adequate evaluation and comparison of the Federation's ships to Drissan ships can be written and submitted to the Imperial Parliament. The Government of Drissa tries very hard to avoid careless spending when it comes to the nations military, but, as evidenced by the recent events, pinching pennies can cost lives. Especially when your primary naval ships--the capital ships--are nearly as old as the nation they were built to defend.

Sincerest Thanks,

We are willing to sell ten Tenex Class Cruisers, equipped with:
2 × Mk 26 missile launchers
88 × RIM-66 SM-2
8 × RGM-84 Torrent missiles
2 × Mark 45 5 in / 54 cal lightweight gun
2–4 × .50 cal (12.7 mm) gun
2 × Phalanx CIWS
2 × Mk 32 12.75 in (324 mm) triple torpedo tubes
cruiser mark 41
2 × 61 cell Mk 41 vertical launch systems
122 × RIM-66 SM-2, RIM-162 ESSM, BGM-109 Bloodhawk, or RUM-139 VL-Asroc
2 × 25 mm
2 × Phalanx CIWS

Dimensions include:
Length: 567 feet (173 m)
Beam: 55 feet (17 m)
Draught: 33 feet (10 m)

Lingards
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lingards » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:39 am

Federation Of Lingard
Department of Defense

One Invincible Class Carrier
Four Tiochondria Class Cruisers
Eight Type 45 Destroyers
Twelve Type 23 Frigites.

Considering your budget contraints, the Federation has an alternative, the DOD will offer you these Vessels for no cost, in return for a trading agreement between our two nations, its a win-win situation

Drissa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Drissa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:44 am

Allied Governments wrote:
88 × RIM-66 SM-2
2 × Phalanx CIWS
cruiser mark 41
2 × 25 mm
2 × Phalanx CIWS

Dimensions include:

The Imperial Naval Command reviewed the specs for several days, ordered models built and several preliminary (and probably half-assed) tests were completed with those models. The I.N.C. had, indeed, rushed the evaluation of the new Federation ships, but desperation leads to impatience and the I.N.C. quickly presented an overinflated report on the proposed ships; the Imperial Parliament voted to secure the funds necessary for the purchase of said ships within four hours.

By the authority of the Imperial Parliament and His Excellency, on the advice of the Imperial Naval Command, the Imperial Foreign Ministry is sending this communique to inform the Federation that the Empire accepts the proposed sale and purchase of ten Tenex Class Cruisers.

However, before so much as a penny is wired to the Federation's national banks, the Empire humbly requests a price for the ten ships we plan on buying.

Sincerest Thanks,

Last edited by Drissa on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Drissa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Drissa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:48 am

Lingards wrote:Federation Of Lingard
Department of Defense

One Invincible Class Carrier
Four Tiochondria Class Cruisers
Eight Type 45 Destroyers
Twelve Type 23 Frigites.

Considering your budget contraints, the Federation has an alternative, the DOD will offer you these Vessels for no cost, in return for a trading agreement between our two nations, its a win-win situation

After much due consideration, the Imperial Parliament has handed down an answer for the Imperial Foreign Ministry to transmit to the Federation of Lingard:

We accept the terms of the agreement. And we humbly request that an ambassador from Lingard be sent to Drissa so that both governments may discuss the exact terms of the trade agreement.

Sincerest Thanks,

Lingards
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lingards » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:50 am

Federation Of Lingard
Department of Trade

My name is Rose Smith, I am the Secutary of Trade, and with your permission the Ambassadorial Aircraft, can be en-route within the hour. At the Same time the DOD has informed me that group of ships is being gathered and will head to your shores as soon as they can.

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:51 am

Drissa wrote:
88 × RIM-66 SM-2
2 × Phalanx CIWS
cruiser mark 41
2 × 25 mm
2 × Phalanx CIWS

Dimensions include:

The Imperial Naval Command reviewed the specs for several days, ordered models built and several preliminary (and probably half-assed) tests were completed with those models. The I.N.C. had, indeed, rushed the evaluation of the new Federation ships, but desperation leads to impatience and the I.N.C. quickly presented an overinflated report on the proposed ships; the Imperial Parliament voted to secure the funds necessary for the purchase of said ships within four hours.

By the authority of the Imperial Parliament and His Excellency, on the advice of the Imperial Naval Command, the Imperial Foreign Ministry is sending this communique to inform the Federation that the Empire accepts the proposed sale and purchase of ten Tenex Class Cruisers.

However, before so much as a penny is wired to the Federation's national banks, the Empire humbly requests a price for the ten ships we plan on buying.

The Federation wouldn't dare put a price on something which is desperately needed by another nation. The total production cost for all the ships exceeded $11 billion, however if you need to pay less then just consider it goodwill.

The ambassador leans in his chair, then says, "Well, we do have another ship, a Leviathan class Battleship, extremely expensive, but extremely powerful."

Drissa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Drissa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:55 am

At Corpsett Bay, the sight of the HES Eternal.

"Sir, this is an order from Supreme Admiral of the Navy: Let her sink." the man looked positively horrified to be standing in the presence of an admiral known for his frequent temper outbursts. He stood there, ready to duck and run at a moments notice if the Admiral decided he needed a little target practice with his side-arm.

"Okay, dismissed," Vice-Admiral Rozend sent the man away with a wave of his hand.

Rozend turned towards the sight of the still half sunk wreckage and breathed a sigh of content. He unlatched his radio and spoke slowly and clearly to all the men of the operations crews:

"Cut the cables. This... will be the final resting place of the H.E.S. Eternal." he turned his radio off and watched for the next fifteen minutes as the ship once again sank below the waves of the bay.

Drissa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Drissa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:59 am

The Federation wouldn't dare put a price on something which is desperately needed by another nation. The total production cost for all the ships exceeded $11 billion, however if you need to pay less then just consider it goodwill.

The ambassador leans in his chair, then says, "Well, we do have another ship, a Leviathan class Battleship, extremely expensive, but extremely powerful."

With all due respect, at this moment we do not need or care for an extremely powerful AND extremely expensive ship. We are merely looking to defend this Empire with the minimum number of ships operated at maximum efficiency.

The original order has been accepted and the Imperial Parliament has requested that payment be allowed to be made in installments over the next ten years.

We await the Federation's response.

Sincerest Thanks,

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:01 am

Drissa wrote:

With all due respect, at this moment we do not need or care for an extremely powerful AND extremely expensive ship. We are merely looking to defend this Empire with the minimum number of ships operated at maximum efficiency.

The original order has been accepted and the Imperial Parliament has requested that payment be allowed to be made in installments over the next ten years.

We await the Federation's response.

Sincerest Thanks,

The Federation regrets that Drissa doesn't at least try the Leviathan Class Battleship, or at least see a demonstration. But as to the payment, The Federation humbly accepts.

God Speed to your nations swift recovery, and we look forward to conducting business with you later.

Drissa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Drissa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:04 am

Lingards wrote:Federation Of Lingard
Department of Trade

My name is Rose Smith, I am the Secutary of Trade, and with your permission the Ambassadorial Aircraft, can be en-route within the hour. At the Same time the DOD has informed me that group of ships is being gathered and will head to your shores as soon as they can.

The Empire thanks the Federation of Lingard for their great kindness and generosity. The Imperial Air Command has been informed of the incoming aircraft and all planes of Lingardian origin have been given pre-approval to fly in Kaldrith airspace.

Please inform the pilots that they must land on runway nine at the Kaldrith International Airport. Failure to do so could result in the seizure of the aircraft because, under Drissan law, it is illegal for foreign dignitaries to land in civilian airports. This is for the dignitaries safety, of course. Runway nine is a secured government operated airstrip along side a civilian airport--this just happens to be the exception to that law.

We request that all ships sent from the Federation be routed to Corpsett harbor.

Last edited by Drissa on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Drissa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Drissa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:07 am

Allied Governments wrote:The Federation regrets that Drissa doesn't at least try the Leviathan Class Battleship, or at least see a demonstration. But as to the payment, The Federation humbly accepts.

God Speed to your nations swift recovery, and we look forward to conducting business with you later.

If the Federation of Allied Governments insists, the Imperial Naval Command has agreed to allow a team of observers to see a Leviathan Class Battleship in action at a demonstration of the ships capabilities.

Sincerest Thanks,

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:08 am

Drissa wrote:
Allied Governments wrote:The Federation regrets that Drissa doesn't at least try the Leviathan Class Battleship, or at least see a demonstration. But as to the payment, The Federation humbly accepts.

If the Federation of Allied Governments insists, the Imperial Naval Command has agreed to allow a team of observers to see a Leviathan Class Battleship in action at a demonstration of the ships capabilities.

Sincerest Thanks,

OOC: How do you want me to show the ships capabilities? Post the results?
Last edited by Allied Governments on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drissa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Drissa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:11 am

Allied Governments wrote:OOC: How do you want me to show the ships capabilities? Post the results?

OOC: There are two options:

For length of the RP: send the ships to Corpsett bay and a Leviathan Class Battleship will be allowed to fire on and destroy a Drissan rust-bucket warship scheduled for decommission and scrap. Then I will post the reaction of the observers, et cetera, and the Empire may consider purchasing one of the ships.

or

Simply post the results and I'll RP parliament reviewing those results and considering purchase.

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:29 am

Drissa wrote:
Allied Governments wrote:OOC: How do you want me to show the ships capabilities? Post the results?

OOC: There are two options:

For length of the RP: send the ships to Corpsett bay and a Leviathan Class Battleship will be allowed to fire on and destroy a Drissan rust-bucket warship scheduled for decommission and scrap. Then I will post the reaction of the observers, et cetera, and the Empire may consider purchasing one of the ships.

or

Simply post the results and I'll RP parliament reviewing those results and considering purchase.

The lumbering mass of the Leviathan-Class Battleship closes near to the Bay, although never truly enters (this is to show its power) "Alright, FIRE!" The spokesperson with the observers says into a radio. A thunder is heard in the distance (40 kilometers away) and, 9 seconds later, the projectile hits the ships bow, causing it to crack in two and slowly sink.

"Furthermore, watch this!" The spokesperson says as the Leviathan enters the port within easy view. "Fire the missiles." The spokesperson says into his radio as the ten Tenex class cruisers launch one missile each at the Leviathan, in 1 second intervals for each. The Phalanx defenses on the Leviathan comes alive, rapidly shooting down all but 3 of the missiles. The final three come closer, only to be vaporized by 3 of the 4 THEL Laser Missile defenses. "Of course, all of these defenses require enormous energy requirements, which is why the Leviathan requires an advanced Nuclear Reactor."
Last edited by Allied Governments on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drissa
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Drissa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:35 am

The lumbering mass of the Leviathan-Class Battleship closes near to the Bay, although never truly enters (this is to show its power) "Alright, FIRE!" The spokesperson with the observers says into a radio. A thunder is heard in the distance (40 kilometers away) and, 9 seconds later, the projectile hits the ships bow, causing it to crack in two and slowly sink.

"Furthermore, watch this!" The spokesperson says as the Leviathan enters the port within easy view. "Fire the missiles." The spokesperson says into his radio as the ten Tenex class cruisers launch one missile each at the Leviathan, in 1 second intervals for each. The Phalanx defenses on the Leviathan comes alive, rapidly shooting down all but 3 of the missiles. The final three come closer, only to be vaporized by 3 of the 4 THEL Laser Missile defenses. "Of course, all of these defenses require enormous energy requirements, which is why the Leviathan requires an advanced Nuclear Reactor."

"Holy god in heaven..." breathed one of the observers. He had long since dropped his pen and his mouth hung agape. One--just one! of those ships could annihilate the entirety of the Drissan fleet.

The other observers were just as dumbfounded and shocked, but they continued to snap pictures and take notes. They weren't at all interested in getting fired.

"Excuse me, did you say nuclear?" the most attentive observer's stomach dropped and his hopes deflated at the knowledge that the ship was powered by a nuclear reactor. He wasn't sure Drissa could maintain a ship like that. God, he thought, we look weaker with every passing minute..
Last edited by Drissa on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Valipac
Ambassador

Founded: May 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Valipac » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:40 am

Official Statement of the Commonwealth of Valipac

Libertas inaestimabilis res est

It is from the deepest depths of my heart that I offer my condolences to the Drissan nation and the families of the crew members serving aboard the HES Eternal. Nothing can soothe the egregious wounds caused by the death of a loved one, especially when the deaths came in a situation that could have possibly been prevented. I am sure that the Drissan government will attempt to ensure that incidents such as this do not occur in the future, but that provides little solace for the people now grieving the loss of their loved ones. As a result, Valipac wishes to open an international fund to be distributed among the families of the victims of the Eternal, that the Drissan government can oversee. We wish to start the fund by donating a small sum of two million Numisma, or roughly three million Dollars, to help ease the suffering that these people are feeling and will continue to feel for some time.

Furthermore, the Commonwealth of Valipac would like to expend a special offer to the Drissan Navy. If the government of Drissa agrees, Valipac will fund the creation of two joint Naval Academies, one outside of Lagrina, and one in the location of Drissa's choosing. These academies will be serviced by both Valipacian and Drissan professors, each teaching in his or her area of expertise. The academies will serve as the cornerstone for teaching young Valipacians and Drissans the ways of the naval services so that when they enter into their respective service, they will be able to more competently handle the situations that confront them. Furthermore, these academies may serve as the base of a growing relationship between the Commonwealth of Valipac and the Empire of Drissa for years to come.

These suggestions hinge on the government of Drissa's approval, but we believe that they would both be a solid start for Drissan-Valipacian relations, and a building block for greater things to come.

Sincerely,
Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
The Commonwealth of Valipac
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
"What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure." - Samuel Johnson

Wiki | Using Satellites in Warfare | BoF 34 Champion
Designer of Ex-Nation Flag | AKA: Kampf

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents