NATION

PASSWORD

When Worlds Collide (Multiverse, IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

When Worlds Collide (Multiverse, IC)

Postby Okayanos » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:37 pm

W H E N
W O R L D S
C O L L I D E

A Single Snap

Marvel Cinematic Universe

It had happened. With a snap of his fingers, the mad titan Thanos had wiped half the life from his home universe. Emptiness plagues New York, with the famous landmarks such as the Avengers tower and the Sanctum Sanctorum being left without anyone inside. And it's at this point that the walls of the multiverse become perilously thin, causing visitors from outsider universes to begin... appearing. There's no blue beam shooting into a portal in the sky, no sudden announcements. It just... happens. First they weren't there, and now the outsiders are unquestionably present within this world. They manifest all over, with no rhyme or reason in where it is they appear. Some are on their feet, some fall from the sky, and some others are brought here while they were in the middle of some other kind of activity in their own reality. They may appear in isolated areas on their own, or right in the middle of a populated zone.

To onlookers, it would appear as though the strange, intimidating, alien beings had appeared out of thin air, with a kind of distortion about them- the same kind you'd see above the road when it's hot out. The distortion would fade out rather quickly, leaving both observers and those who had appeared in equal states of confusion.

Gilgamesh

One of the foreign beings appears in the middle of a street, more emptied that it should be in a modern day metropolis. The newcome is foreign in appearance, with regal features offset by bright red eyes with serpentine, slitted pupils. His body is covered by a set of ostentatious golden plate armor, matching the color of his blonde, swept-back hair. The King of Heroes, Gilgamesh, appears with a look indicating some amount of shock and surprise on his face. He whirls about, armor and jewelry jangling with the motion, fixing his gaze upon innocent passers-by, who simply duck their heads and continue moving, albeit at a faster pace. They retain bad memories from the last time strange-looking visitors appeared from nowhere.

After a moment of adjustment, particles of dust scatter around his feet as the golden king levitates off the ground, ascending upward. When he clears the rooftops of the buildings around him, a shimmering golden portal forms behind him. A brilliant golden craft emerges from it, like a throne set atop a futuristic airplane. Gilgamesh settles into the seat as his heavenly vessel, his Vimana, cruises slowly through the sky as a blatantly out-of-place sight in an otherwise mundane setting.
Last edited by Okayanos on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraicia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kraicia » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:01 pm

Eddiswrath, Kraicia
Garðurhaven, October 2018
HLFFS Gibson Grover and HLFFS Elliotsjökull

Morning seemed to take its time to shine upon the Atlantic archipelago nation, Kraicia. October was almost near the end, and today was about to be another calm yet busy day at the docks. But there were some ships there that are meant to not sail again, instead to stay there as museum ships.

Docked at port, HLFFS Gibson Grover is a 662ft long carrier, retaining a welldock at the stern, safely protecting and displaying its T-15 Torpedo Boats and MB-52 Tandem Rotor Helicopters inside. Originally a Destroyer Tender built in 1920, HLFFS Gibson Grover has undergone a massive remodel that converted him to an amphibious assault ship, originally intended to the fight the Italians in Ethiopia and Eritrea. Later in the war, he was called back home again to add a flight deck for helicopters, but the new MB-52 helicopters were not ready at the time, hence why Gibson temporarily serviced F4F Wildcats and Swordfish Torpedo Biplane Bombers until 1945.

Docked in the middle of the bay was HLFFS Elliotsjökull, an 880ft long steel hull vessel retaining five tall masts for square rigged sails. As a much larger amphibious assault ship, Elliot was originally designed as a rivaling design and replacement to Gibson; however, Gibson’s later ability to service and launch aircraft, combined with the need for as many ships as possible, offset this plan. At 880ft long and 130ft wide, retaining a deep draft and low freeboard, plus an icebreaker bow and a silhouette similar to the Olympic-Class Cruise Liners, HLFFS Elliotsjökull was once the largest vessel in the world during the Second World War, surpassing Yamato Class Battleship and claiming itself proudly as the largest vessel to be propelled by sails since the KMS Pruessen.

Both ships proudly waved the Kraician tricolor (dark grey, black, and dark red), displaying the proud service they both attributed to the Second World War, with Gibson proud to display his additional service from the Korean War as well. Many sailors and soldiers have been aboard both ships long ago, and now as museum ships, both were being visited by tourists and veterans alike, proud to be aboard and learn all the history behind both vessels. Both ships are not available for visitation until 10am, hence why both ships remained empty as 9am came along; however, nobody expected a thick and impenetrable fog to roll in, and then clear out again an hour later ... where both Gibson and Elliot have seemingly disappeared from sight.

A huge ripple of water exploded in the bay of the city, frightening or intriguing nearby bystanders as they watch the spectacle happen. At first, a single tidal wave crashed against the docks, sending water on both other ships and people alike, drenching them in the cold and salty Atlantic water indiscriminately; however, it was only made worse moments later by a second tidal wave, which struck with twice the amount of water and force as the previous one. Once the water cleared, and the people were to get to their senses despite being drenched in seawater, no one had recalled two unknown men to be washed up in the city bay.

Gibson was floating on his stomach, his eyes closed and his diesel engines silent. Slowly but surely, however, upon which a small crowd was gathering and spotting Gibson seemingly unconscious, Gibson opened his eyes, greeted by a sea underneath him. But it was upon awakening that he really wished he was still at rest and in his original form as an actual ship.

Looking down at the water, he saw a reflection that showed him ... Hands? Legs? Torso? Cloths? And ... oh my god ... a face?

No yell or scream escaped his lips, where he instead stared at his new appearance from the watery reflection. He blinked his green eyes, thinking that this was only a dream; however, there was no such thing as a dream when he was a originally a non-living mechanical ship, not some anthropomorphic version of himself. He eventually looked up, seeing the bystanders looking at him from the piers, drenched and unsure of what to make of Gibson floating on water like Jesus.

He was a ship after all, though that didn’t he was just as surprise to discover this newfound ability. Getting to his feet, he stood upon the water for a moment before stumbling backwards and tripping over something that made him fall on his back. Splashing on his back, he looked in front of him to see what made him fall, only to spot the oddly familiar sight of ... HLFFS Elliotsjökull?

So it’s happening to him as well ... anthropomorphisized like Gibson? Though one has to admit that being transformed into a human from a machine or object was a magical wish, one which Gibson has never thought would come true. To Gibson’s surprise, however, Elliot didn’t budge, only slowly stirring awake as he sat up from his back and looked around ... shortly spotting Gibson next to him.

“Gibson?” Elliot asked in his signature sedative voice to Gibson.

“Elliot?” Gibson gasped slowly and feebly back, taken back that he was not the only ship converted to be human.

“Þú ert ... manneskja.” Elliot uttered in Icelandic/Holtlandic, calm but alarmed from seeing one of his fellow Kraicians transformed from ship to human as well.

“Þú líka.” Gibson replied back, slowly standing up and viewing the much taller shipboy before him; however, he couldn’t help but look up and notice the bystanders looking at them, “Það lítur út fyrir að við erum ekki á Holtlandi lengur.”

Noticing the shocked voice tone and aura in Gibson, Elliot turned towards the bystanders, promptly standing up at his full height of 7ft tall, vastly dwarfing the 5’10ft tall Gibson Grover besides him.

“Is this that time, again?” Elliot sighed serenely in a rather dry and disappointed voice tone.
I’m the Republic of Kraicia, a theocratic Caucasus-based country. I also roleplay as Kraicia, an equally theocratic, albeit Future Tech, nation. I do not represent the Orthodox Church or any form of Caucasus nationalism.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016

Postby Skylus » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:30 pm

Amaterasu

The Sun Goddess did a back-flip to avoid The Ruler of Darkness' laser beam. The fish like creature inside the glass ball seemed to be laughing at her when it reappeared but its laughter then faded to screams as the wolf tore into the glass ball with all her strength. Blood splattered on the arena's floor as Ammy attacked the glass ball housing Yami with the Tundra Beads, a Divine Instrument that had the power of Ice. The giant metal ball housing the smaller glass ball shuddered and then rose into the air, then turned white for a second.
Yami seemed to be defeated.
Ammy took a step back, exhausted, then raised her head a bit, then began to swing it around as she normally did before she did her "famous victory howl" as Issun called it - but then froze when she saw Issun standing there on the tip of her snout, smiling up at her.
Unfortunately, the Sun Goddess had been distracted for too long, Ammy was caught in a laser beam, flung around and then she was thrown into the stone floor.
Yami floated above the wolf as the Constellations of the Celestial Gods began to break one by one, the arena began to grow dark, and Ammy's power vanished.
All seemed lost, until Ammy heard a voice.

"Bah...That furball's always spacing out like that. Ammy can't get anything done without my help!"
Issun.

Then there was another voice, a young girl by the name of Camellia.
"Is that doggy crying somewhere, sis? Is that why the sunshine has disappeared?"

The young girl began to cry with fear and her older sister, Camille, tried to calm her, but also wondered if her lack of faith doomed everyone.
"I haven't see the doggy for a while now...Did my saying there's no such thing as gods cause all this?"

At this point, other voices began to chime in: Mushi, the young boy in Kamiki Village.
"Snowy, the hole-digging king...I never dreamt you were a god! You're gonna make Hayabusa a nervous wreck if you don't get that sun shining again soon."

Princess Fuse, leader of the Canine Warriors and protector of Kusa Village.
"Amaterasu...Thanks to you, we can protect our village by ourselves. But you must be strong and triumph over evil, for the Canine Warriors so dearly wish to see you once more!"

Tama, the pyrotechnic who lived and breathed fireworks.
"Hm...That god was sure burning with passion. I dunno what happened, but if that mongrel doesn't come out of hiding, I'll have to send up a really big one to reignite that passion."

Mr Bamboo, bamboo maker of Kusa Village.
"Ha! So that wolf really was a god? Perhaps I should have made an offering of my bamboo ware. It may be my fault that the sun has ceased to shine."

Ammy then lifted her head and tried to come up with some explanation as to how she was seeing and hearing her friends and colleagues, but came up with none.

The view changed to a darkened Kamiki Village, everyone was gathered outside Susano's house. Mr Orange, the eldest resident of the village besides his wile, looked down at a piece of paper and then shook his head.
"Who would have thought that that rascal was really Shiranui reborn?!"

His wile, Mrs. Orange, chimed in.
"My, my. How that god loved my Cherry Cakes! Could this darkness be caused by hunger?"

In Sasa Sanctuary, Jamba, leader of the Sparrow Clan, stared down at the same piece of paper and then lifted his head and merely said one word:
"Chirp."

His attendants jumped.

"Uh-Oh!"
Said the one on the left.

"The boss is...praying!"
Said the one on the right.

Back in Kamiki Village, both Kushi, the village maiden and sake maker; and Susano, the village swordsman and descendant of Nagi were both looking at the same pieces of paper.
Kushi raised her head and gazed up at the sky.
"Snowy...Did something happen to you? Why has the sun suddenly disappeared?"

Susano looked down at the paper again for at least the 20th time since it had been given to him and then looked up.
"Fido won't roll over and play dead for evil!"
He then began to laugh.
"No brother of mine would dream of it! Ha ha ha!"

On the outskirts of Kamui, the frozen country to the north, Oki, warrior of the Omi tribe, also held the same paper.
"Something in your brushwork touches the heart, Issun. You never abandoned your life as an artist after all. When one tries to master something, it ends in either success or failure. But it is in the attempt itself where you find the true value. Believe in your own power and walk your own path."

In the Dragon Palace, deep beneath the waves of the sea surrounding the North Rhyoshima Coast, the Dragon Queen, Otohime, sat on her throne, reading the same piece of paper.
"Issun...I see you have finally heeded your calling. Your resolve is plain to see in your drawing. It has the power to move people's hearts, and inspire faith in the gods! Amaterasu, their faith shall be your power!"

In the Poncle Village, a former and current friend of Ammy's stood in his house, reading the same piece of paper. The old man, Ishaku, lifted his head and started laughing.
"Ha ha ha! He did it! My grandson did it! Look at the spirit behind this beautiful brushwork! He truly deserves the title of Celestial Envoy! It's work like this that can show the true glory of the gods and guide people to the right path. There's one thing I'm sure of, Amaterasu. You've found a much better companion than I could ever be!"

Back in Kamiki Village, Issun himself was hopping up and down in front of everyone, throwing papers filled with drawings everywhere.
"Ok, everyone! I know it's kinda hard to see in this darkness, but get a load of my latest work!"

A paper floated to the ground, showing a drawing of Ammy.
"Issun the wandering artist presents his interpretation of the great god Amaterasu!"

Issun looked up towards the sky.
"Can you hear me, Ammy? You're not floundering about without me, are ya? You gotta pull yourself together!I finally chose my path. And I have the resolve to see it through! I've started to roam the land as your missionary. But you gotta take care of things on your end, too! Don't look so sad. Just psych yourself up like we always did, remember?"

Issun began to throw drawings everywhere.
"Oops, I almost forgot. Check these out, everyone! it's the great god Amaterasu descending from the heavens! Pretty good, huh?"

Issun looked up at the sky again.
"Ammy was smiling down from the sky just a little while ago. Something musta distrubed the furball's concentration, though. That's why the world has gone dark."

Issun's words were heard by everyone, all across the land.
"Without Ammy, we can't take a refreshing nap outdoors. Rice won't grow. Plants and flowers will wither. Laundry won't dry. Monsters will roam about like they own the place. In other worlds, our world will be a total mess. No one wants to live in a world like that! Especially me!"

Issun was standing of front of the villages now.
"So, c'mon everybody! let's join together to call upon the great god. let's show Ammy that we truly believe! Put your hands together and pray."

And Issun did just that, and as he continued to speak, everyone across the land did so as well.
"Let's make our gratitude obvious! I mean, we shouldn't pray only when we want something. We should consider how the gods must feel once in a while. We should even take on some of their burden. If you pray with all your heart, maybe the sun will cheer up and show itself once again, lighting our world with its heavenly glow! After all, the best thing about the great god Amaterasu is that happy-go-lucky spirit!"

Issun stared up at the sky.
"Right, Ammy? Answer if you can hear me, ya big furball!"

Ammy had her head raised to the darkened sky, filled with hope. People did believe in her, and that is what she needed at that very moment - faith.
And she was rewarded. People's prayers, from all across the land, began to fill her, giving her strength, the power to carry on, the power to defeat Yami - the power to save the world.
Amy felt her powers returning to her, she was beginning to be surrounded by a white glow - and then the light that was surrounding her exploded outwards, she heard Yami start screaming but she ignored that, she focused on the power that was inside of her, growing, growing stronger.

A flash of golden light lit up the darkened arena and when the light cleared, Ammy's true form, Okami Amatrasu, was finally revealed.
The god roared up at Yami, who had pulled itself together and let out a roar of its own. Then Ammy charged towards the Ruler of Darkness and the battle to save all of mortal-kind was on.

Yami was dead. The world, no, all of mortal-kind had been saved. Ammy stood there for a moment, then titled her head back and let out her infamous victory howl. As teh sound died away, she heard a noise and then Waka's voice, congratulating her on defeating Yami. Ammy bent down and leapt towards Waka's floating craft but then her world seemed to shift.
And a moment later, the Sun Goddess was no longer in Nippon.

MCU

Ammy found herself in an alleyway, still in the air. The wolf crash landed and spent several seconds re-orientating herself. But what was most surprising was that she heard a voice. A very familiar voice.
"Ammy?! What? How??? Never mind that, where are we?!"

Ammy spun around and her jaw dropped. Issun was standing a few feet away, holding his brush in a way that suggested he had been painting when he had also been brought here...where ever "here" was.
Issun spotted her and bounced over to the wolf and took his spot onto her head.
"I knew you could do it! Look at you! But, seriously, where are we? How did we get here? I think we should go ask around, see if we can get answers, what do you think?"

Ammy let out a bark and padded to the end of the alleyway and then froze. The world was huge. And new. Very new. And very advanced, that too.
"...Ammy....I have a feeling we're not in Nippon anymore..."
Last edited by Skylus on Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:09 am

The Doctor
Current location: Buipra, running

"I think we've had a misunderstanding," The grey-haired figure tried to reason as he slowly backed towards a cliff face as small blue creatures crept towards him with spears aimed menacingly towards his chest. "Return the Ezmir to us and we will kill you swiftly," the leader of the creatures demanded. His clothes were made from some sort of hide or similar material with pale objects mounted all over it. Bones probably. It would almost be intimidating if he wasn't all of three feet tall. Their faces were gnarled and twisted with sharp noses and features, like a cyan goblin.

"Oh, you mean this thing?" The Doctor asked with a cheeky smile, holding up a silver roundish object about the size of a basket ball before hugging it to his chest. "It's okay, I don't mind holding on to it," he said quickly, edging ever so closer to the drop off to certain doom. "A one way ticket to regeneration," He muttered under his breath, watching a few loose rocks and sand spill over into the void from his presence on the precipice. The environment was barren, almost no humidity with the flora to match.

"That was not an offer, it was a demand! We were destined by the great sky-god to find the Ezmir!" the chieftain shrieked as they took another step towards their victory and the Doctor's demise. "I hate to break it to you, but this isn't the boon of some god, or some higher power: Its a gravity generator. Some poor idiot crashed his fancy ship on your world. Usually I'd just leave it, but it would corrupt your timeline and that could have some very unfortunate consequences."

"You have reached the end of my mercy and now you will die!" The spears rushed forward, and the Doctor closed his eyes as he stepped off onto thin air, quickly pulling something from his pocket. The small blue creatures rushed forward and peered over the edge of the cliff only to jump back in shock and surprise as the lanky form of the doctor shot into the air, desperately clutching the metal spheroid. "Did I mention it was a gravity generator?" he called down as the wind tore at the words with impunity. Cackling like a madman, the Doctor looked at the sphere with his face now sported a pair of shades and it violently altered course, soaring over the heads of the tribal creatures and towards the horizon. The blue imps took off at a sprint, but The Doctor was quickly moving beyond their visual range.

After a few minutes, A blue box came into view on the horizon just as the sphere began to smoke and spark. "The bottom falls out just as you cross the finish line," the Doctor sighed as he used the sonic shades to coax the sphere slowly downwards. He made it within seven feet of the ground when the device croaked out a final pulse and ceased its thrust. With a bit of a yell,the Doctor hit the arid soil and rolled over. "All things considered, that could have been worse." With a bit of stiffness, the Doctor rose to his feet and stretched. He scooped the now defunct gravity generator off the dusty ground and pushed open the doors of the TARDIS. With a bit of a smug look, the Doctor tossed the generator off to the side before walking to the center console. He pressed a few buttons before pulling a large silver lever and... nothing?

The Doctor furrowed his brow and looked at the displays. "Oh, come on ol' girl. Don't do this to me." He bounced around console, flipping more switches and pressing more buttons before violently slamming down the launch lever. The Time Rotor engaged and the classic sound of dematerialization filled the control room as the TARDIS launched into the time vortex, but suddenly, the console began to spark as the entire ship trembled. "What's gone wrong now?" The Doctor asked with frustration mounting. The Cloister Bells began to toll as the Doctor braced against he shaking that was getting worse with every passing movement. "No! No, no, no, no, no!" The Doctor said aloud as he couldn't believe what the display was telling him.

With a final crash, the shaking came to a stop as the console erupted in a shower of sparks. Smoke filled the interior, chasing the Doctor outside in search of breathable air. Coughing, the doctor was ignorant of his surroundings until he finally decided to look up. "Earth. There are worse places to end up," It would take some time for the TARDIS to repair itself, nothing more to do here. "Might as well look around for a bit," The Doctor muttered. He wandered down the street, but something began to tug at his attention. Cars were stalled in the street, their occupants vacated as by standers all looked shocked. "What's going on here...?"

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:21 pm

Oasis, Iraq

Ah, Vishkar. Quite the interesting dilemma you are. One of your chief negotiators, Sanjay Korpal, is in league with talon; and yet, your connections with Lumerico are quite strong. In other words, Sombra had no business here, and yet here she was. She told the others that this was simply a "scouting mission" to learn more about the whereabouts of Vishkar's business in Oasis, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. The truth, indeed, was what Sombra was after. Cracking this corporation open would be the next stepping stone in uncovering the great conspiracy that she was after. All she had to do was find her target.

Sombra crept through the halls of the building, pressing her back against the wall as the heard a sound come from the hallway. If her research was correct - which it always is - than she knew exactly who was about to make their grand appearance. Quickly, Sombra tossed a small, round device behind her, past the doorway and the far side of the hall. Pressed against the wall, the Talon agent then activated her camouflage, vanishing from sight. Then, her target arrived. Flanked by two Vishkar operatives was none other than Satya Vaswani, otherwise known as Symmetra. It was no surprise that Sanjay would send her here in their attempt to secure their interests in Oasis. Moira was apparently interested in this place, too, but that wasn't much of Sombra's concern. She waited until Symmetra and her guards had just passed by here, then went to make her move.

The hacker pressed her hand against the wall, thin purple tendrils of light spreading from her fingertips into the wall. They spread across the hall until they reached the doors on either side. They immediately closed shut, creating the perfect isolated area for Sombra to work in. The hacker positioned herself behind the three and deactivated her camo, ready to strike. Instead of reappearing where she was standing, however, she ended up somewhere else entirely.

Harlem, New York City
The MCU

You can imagine the confusion of being in the Oasis in one moment, and in a dusty alleyway the other. "¿Qué?" The muttered, trying to activate her translocator - to no avail. "¡Chin!" She swore with a grunt. Her mind was racing, she didn't know how to respond to this. What even happened to her? Why was she... what even is this place? The hacker stood frozen, befuddled, as Ammy walked by the alleyway in which she stood.
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:21 pm

MCU: A Very Crowded Alleyway | Serenity and Dove

Evelyn was no fan of theatrics. She wasn't a hero, she wasn't a villain and she certainly wasn't qualified to be running around willy nilly destroying things "because evil it's evil!" And even then she still found her life being pulled in some very strange and honestly distressing directions. She'd been sitting down for a cup of tea at midnight, watching starlight twinkle on moonlit oceans. The water on HN-POS94 was heavier than Earth's. It was a miracle no enterprise had come along yet to try harvesting the deuterium it contained. Wisps of steam had been drifting lazily upward when the most striking sensation filled her entire body. From her spine up to the crown of her head a feeling of tension and energy surged through her.

Then, she fell.

Dove hadn't been doing so well either. He was worried, even though by all accounts this year should've been his most productive and enjoyable one in almost a decade. While he was sitting around on some agrarian utopia there were people back home moving on with their careers and relationships, rising to heights he might have already missed out on because of his singleminded devotion to his field of study. He wasn't even that good at it, either. He found himself surrounded by people who were simply better than him almost every time he went to work or a gathering. He craved a true escape from that lifestyle and yet felt too attached to the effort he'd put into going down that path to truly take freedom when it came to him. So, rather conspicuously, freedom was forced upon him. As he lay down for bed an enigmatic force seized him and dragged him down.

He fell too.

The pair collapsed in a dry heap on the pavement, seemingly just appearing out of thin air. Dove spent a good ten seconds gasping and wheezing, squeezing his head as he stood up and addressed his new surroundings. Concrete architecture and glass-carved buildings. Late 21st century construction. Some kind of amusement park? But no, this was too authentic. He could tell when he was living a simulation. Not just that but his tactile sensations were completely in line as well. Every texture, every sound and every smell felt real to him. With a scientist's mind he took it in, thought long and hard about it, and got a splitting migraine.

"Dove, you okay?"

Who was that? Was Eve here too?

"Yeah. Don't mind me. Where am I?"

Evelyn looked around in utter despair. What the hell were they doing? This whole place should've been impossible and yet just how grounded and real it felt dispelled any notion of trickery. There were people passing them by or staring by now, apparently not paying them much attention. That was strange. Perhaps this really was just a very advanced simulation? Scratch that, it definitely seemed like a simulation. A giant fricking wolf was sitting in an alleyway with a tiny, tiny little thing on its head. This was too much. Eve walked into the alley, drawing one of her arms and preparing to retaliate if this wolf tried anything. Was it... talking? Oh well. It was as good a person to ask as anyone else.

"Yo. Mind telling me what your name is? Any idea why me and the nerd over there are here?"

Nexicoe
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexicoe » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:43 pm

Gravemind
High Charity, above Earth-199999 (MCU)

It appeared that the Covenant space station was in possession on a flawed slipspace drive. It appeared so, though the Gravemind knew that the plans for the drive was taken from the Forerunner, who in turn borrowed the design from the Precursors. It would not be so incorrect like it was. The ship was meant to jump to the Ark, but instead it was now above a blue planet. There had been some disturbance during the travel through the slipstream, but nothing that seemed alarming at first.

Scans of the planet were troubling though, as they didn't match any known planet. Perhaps they had inadvertently overshot the Ark and landed in a different galaxy? If they were, they would be the first Flood to encounter it in millennia, if not altogether. Either way, it was a fresh source of life ripe for the taking. The Gravemind aboard the former Covenant capital immediately dispatched several dispersal pods to begin the infestation of the planet.

Sugar Hill, Harlem, Manhattan

The most logical place for an infestation to start was a large, densely populated place like Manhattan island. The plan was to start at the north and work down until the entire island had been consumed, then use the lifeform's own infrastructure against it to travel to nearby areas. Three pods landed in Sugar Hill, crashing down into the street and on top of cars. Humans screamed, some ran away while others watched with terrified curiosity. The pods opened to reveal Human Combat Forms and Infection Forms which immediately began firing on the onlookers. People tried to flee, but some were chased down and caught by Infection forms which began to burrow into their host's chest to start the brutal transformation process.

The Combat Forms stayed close, shooting at any humans they saw to leave behind enough corpses for later Infection forms. They began to enter the houses near where they entered, killing any residents in order to set up the area as a sort of staging ground. Corpses were brought into the buildings as more pods arrived with Infection Forms aboard to begin additional harvesting.

Kraicia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kraicia » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:47 pm

New York City, Upper Bay, USA

“Nýja Jórvík.” Gibson uttered to himself as he walked onto land and viewed the familiar city before him and Elliot, though his accent was slightly Americanized, on top of speaking Kraician English, “The last time I visited this stelle (place), that was 1984. USS Iowa was undergoing refresher training and fleetscittestuðningspróf (Naval Gunfire Support Qualifications).”

“Blákksdorff and his brothers were there too.” Elliot commented back stoically in English, albeit retaining his thick and heavy Dutch accent; however, he couldn’t help but notice something aloft with all the shock and awe from the crowd, “Gibson, eitthvað er ekki rétt.”

“I know.” Gibson replied back, watch Elliot come onto land as well, “In fact, I’m sending one of my halos (helicopters). I may have visited the bay, but I never travelled in the heart of this stadt (city) in all of my life.”

“Aye.” Elliot nodded, where he was promptly looking up at the skyline of the city, towering over all the bystanders with his 7ft tall height and rigging (two masts on each side, while the aft mast was on his back).

Gibson wasted no time as an MB-52 tandem rotor helicopter slid from his right sleeve, resting in his hand before the fairy pilots inside saluted their readiness for takeoff. Powered by a single rotary engine, the MB-52 puffed for a moment before the tandem rotors activated, allowing the lone helicopter to take off before Gibson let another MB-52 slip into his right hand as well as another one in his left hand. While that was happening, Elliot slipped a T-15 torpedo boat in both his hands, where the boat rumbled to life, shortly unleashing a small plume of diesel exhaust as it was slipped into the water ... bow first.

Just as the first boat was inserted into the water, Gibson had just got his 7th MB-52 helicopter into the air when he noticed Elliot putting his first T-15 boat into the water. But in the meantime, until all the boats could be deployed, the first T-15 Torpedo Boat became crowded and manned by 20 to 25 manned fairy crews, whom scrambled to their stations awaiting for the first squadron of boats to arrive. The first MB-52 helicopter, however, was getting busy as it became the first to survey the city from up above.

The first sight that the MB-52 helicopter noticed was the unusual vacancy down in what was supposed to be the busiest streets and avenues of Manhattan. It was eerily if not suspiciously empty down below, and the fairy crews (one pilot, one co-pilot, and four Kraician marines in the cabin) were a little unease by the vacancy, thinking that either an evacuation, battle, or both was occurring. The co-pilot, not wishing to hold back his findings any longer, decided to radio in his report, "Home Fleet, this is Halo One, the streets below are hollow and naught. All silent."

On the receiving end, Gibson had got word that his first MB-52 helicopter had reported the news - it wasn't good at all. The last he wanted to know was the emptiness in the Manhattan streets. He was getting his last MB-52 helicopter - while Elliot was getting his 15th T-15 Torpedo Boat into the bay nearby - and he was only able to report back to his helicopters as his hands became free, "Wilco, keep an eye for bandits (enemies) in the sky and land alike, lads. Otherwise, widen your search. We need to find out what is going on."

With a brief crackle of static, the MB-52 helicopter co-pilot form before nodded back before the radio went silent. But it wasn't long until one of the MB-52 helicopters saw an blue police box in the streets below, which got two of the MB-52 helicopters' attention as they got a little close to inspect the object. What none of them realized was that they were flying close to the TARDIS, alerting the doctor and his partner nearby to their arrival...

Elsewhere, while the MB-52 helicopters got the skies, the first ten T-15 Torpedo Boats had got themselves together into two groups: F1 and F2. According to Elliot's instructions, F1 was tasked with going east and traveling upstream to get eyes upon the city, while F2 went westward and go upstream as well, while the remaining boats got together in their own groups and followed behind F1 or F2, protecting their rearguards as they traveled upstream, all the while receiving intelligence from the MB-52 helicopters up in the air.
I’m the Republic of Kraicia, a theocratic Caucasus-based country. I also roleplay as Kraicia, an equally theocratic, albeit Future Tech, nation. I do not represent the Orthodox Church or any form of Caucasus nationalism.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:48 pm

Parisa Claycomb- Asheroth
A puff of red fire was hovering over Parisa’s grimoire, flickering in a soothing yet unsettling way...because lamps were too mainstream, right? “No, I haven’t the power to summon an archfiend yet...and to be honest, I don’t think I should really particularly try. They can’t be controlled, and they would want a price for their help...let’s go over the gateway sigils again.” She'd been at this for a better part of the day, she was trying to figure out how the closing sigil on the other side of the gateway could be inverted to an opening sigil, or would it be a different spell entirely?
“Mom!” Pari was nearly startled, the flame puffing out but then relaxed and smiled once she saw who it was.
"You startled me for a sec, Eli." She picked up the tiny child, who had dark hair, pointed ears and a strong bluish tint to her dusky skin which had come from her father, but the blue eyes, dark skin and fey features had come from her.

"Outside, look!" She pointed toward the window, and Pari cocked an eyebrow. "It's probably noth..." she tried calming her, but that was no use. Instead of scared, Elidy sounded...excited?
"Look! Out the window!" Parisa walked over to the window, drawing back the curtains expecting to see a butterfly or something but instead there were...people? Falling out of the sky? Huh?!

"What. The. Hell?"

"Bad word, Mom!"
"Shit! I mean...sorry, honey." People? Why the hell are there people falling outside like rain?! What spell are these people casting, is this surreal? I don't know why I'm shocked, I mean I'm around people who summon demons but...

"Pari?" She turned around, a tall man with blue skin, long black hair pulled back and pointed ears came into the room, Pari smiled and crossed the room to kiss him. Then she seemed to suddenly remember something. "Dul, look outside!" He looked up from ruffling his daughter's hair and pushing his glasses further up on her nose. "Eli saw it first, there are people literally falling out of the sky!" Dulakh looked in the direction his wife was pointing and looked just as surprised as she. "Okay, I've seen some weird stuff in my life but this is something..."
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:20 pm

Sovngarde, The last stand of Alduin

"JOOR... ZUH FRUL!" The fabric of reality rippled as the power of the Dragonbon's Thu'um echoed through ethereal realm of Sovengarde. Alduin roared in pain as his soul shuddered under the power of the Dovahkinn's voice. He plummeted downward, creating a crater as he slid to a stop. "Zu'u unslaad! Zu'u nis oblaan! ( I'm unending! I cannot end!)" The ancient shadow unbound roared as the Dragonborn took to the air, leaping off of a ledge. With a battle cry, he drove his sword through the dragon's skull, and the roaring ceased as the body went limp.

The Dragonborn stood on the corpse, gasping for breath, finally relaxed after the ordeal. The Nordic heroes cheered as they rushed forward to congratulate the Dragonborn, but he put up an alarmed hand to stop them. Something was wrong. Alduin's body wasn't turning into his soul like a normal dragon: he was turning into a red mist that began to swarm around the hero of the day. With a mixture between anger and confusion, the Dragon born tried to fan away the mist, but it just grew thicker, working up his legs and arms as more and more of his body was consumed. There was nothing he could do as even his horns were enveloped in the crimson fog, but the bystanders watching what had to be the final revenge of Alduin suddenly saw the Dragonborn-shaped cloud dissipate with the hero nowhere to be found...

New York City, NY
MCU

As the red vanished from his sight, the Dragonborn's eyes widened in a brief moment of shock as he found himself plummeting towards some strange mountain range made of pillars like something from the holds of the Dwemer. He had to think fast. Sheathing his sword, he put his arms at his side and gained speed as he fell. "DUR... NEH VIIR!" With the sound of a demonic chant, a purple portal opened up and a dull grey dragon with tattered wings emerged. "What is this strange place, Qahnaarin?" The dragon questioned in its impossibly deep voice as it flew under the Dragonborn, saving him from his fall. Resting at the base of the Durnehviir's neck, the Dragonborn merely shrugged exaggeratedly.

"Ah I see you are of the asking as well. No matter, I will gladly set you upon the ground," Durnehviir replied cheerfully, glad to be free of the soul cairn regardless of the reason or location. The Dragonborn spotted a patch of green in the concrete valleys of the strange mountains, and pointed it out to Durnehviir who wordlessly tilted and flew down to central park in a lazy spiral. Civilians screamed in terror at the sight of the zombie Dragon and the angry looking viking on his back. "These mortals seem fearful of my presence. Odd."

After Durnehviir touched down, the Dragonborn slipped to the ground, looking around at the lampposts that lined the walkways and the very pathetic Forrest that surrounded him. "The air here is not as friendly as the air of Vus, Qahnaarin. It is not as easy for the breathing." The Dragonborn nodded in agreement with Durnehviir's assessment. "Laas... Yah Nir," The Dragonborn blinked and when he opened his eyes, he almost fell backwards at the visual feedback he was receiving. He was surrounded by more souls than he had seen in the entirety of Skyrim. He turned in circles, but he focused on a group of souls that looked strange. One of them in particular looked almost... like a divine? No, it was also like an animal. Curious, he pointed in its direction to Durnehviir. "Yes, I sense it too. More souls not of the belonging to this plane. Do you wish to begin with the learning?" The Dragonborn nodded and swiftly climbed on the dragon's back as they took to the skies to try and find answers to their situation.

Zadkiel
The Empire State Building

This wasn't right. Just moments ago he had been flying above Yigros and now... He didn't know where he was. This was strange, but he was detecting power all around him, and more arriving by the second. Then, he spotted a golden vessel in the sky looking out of place in this strange setting. Hoping he could find some answers, he unfurled his cloak into their wing forms and launched into the air, rapidly climbing to the flying object, hand resting on the hilt of his sword...

The Doctor

"What's going on here?" The Doctor asked one of the bystanders who looked at him through tear filled eyes. She looked as if she was trying to form words before eventually giving up and walking away, sobbing. "Humans," The Doctor muttered with a hint of disdain. He was about to move on when a buzzing noise caught his attention. He looked around before spotting a model helicopter of some kind hovering in the distance. With a furrowed brow, he walked over and pulled the sonic from his pocket. "What are you?" He questioned rhetorically as he scanned the curious machine. "Well, you certainly aren't a model..." He postulated, trying to get a good look at the MB-52. "You're just oozing with Bekaren energy, but there's no way you have the tech on board to dimension hop. That means you have a mother ship nearby. Take me to your leader." He ordered with an intrigued smile taking over his face.
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:30 pm

Crap-sack Earth

Karelian Autonomous Oblast | Карельская Автономная Область
Union of Soviet Socialist Republics | Союз Советских Социалистических Республик

"The rifts have become more numerous lately."

Lt Col Naoto Iida was not one to point out the obvious on a regular basis, but ever since the collapse of the communist Finnish government and the annexation of the Karelian regions into the Soviet Union, he'd noticed that the strange gateways that appeared and swallowed people up into other unknown worlds had suddenly become far more frequent than before.

Already, the 3rd Commandos Battalion, a rogue unit that had once been a highly respected special forces formation within the military of communist North Japan, had lost three high-ranking officers and at least fifteen men to the rifts. Already, to the displeasure of the more racially purist leadership, the ranks of the 3rd Commandos were being replenished with soldiers of the region, and as Lt Col Iida remarked rather nonchalantly (he'd never been one for racial discrimination), it was becoming less and less Japanese, contrary to its formal name.

On the morning of 4 January 2028, a rather quiet, breezy morning with sun obscured by dark grey winter clouds, the chief of the 3rd Commandos quietly gazed upon the horizon, scanning the white snowy fields with his eagle-like eyes and a cast iron telescope, which he held to his eye with a single muscular arm, counting the number of rifts that appeared and then disappeared.

"In half an hour", he murmured, "there have been three rifts in this field. That's a huge increase from last year. We only used to have one rift in an hour or two." Iida quietly fell into silence.

Beside the Lt Col was Hikaru Mochizuki, a young, silver-haired man carrying a sniper rifle. One could hardly tell from looking at his rather uninteresting exterior, but the 28-year-old boasted an impressive kill count of 124, more than anybody else in the battalion.

"Hikaru", said Lt Col Iida, turning to face his young confidant. "I've been meaning to tell you this..."

"Hm?"

"I think you'd do good to take on an apprentice", said the Lt Col. "Our formation could certainly do with more snipers. After all... you're the only experienced man we have left, now that Shigure has been swallowed up..."

Hikaru turned his gaze to look out into the fields.

"I can't stop thinking about him", he murmured, his voice hoarse.

"Juhani Bergqvist?"

Hikaru nodded.

"Ever since I met him", he said to the Lt Col, still looking out into the distance, "there's been something inside me that just cannot rest. I cannot decide if I adore him... or if I despise him to the very last breath. And since that day... that day, when I learned that he survived the artillery strike..." The young man's voice trailed off into the distance.

Lt Col Iida chuckled.

"You'll get your chance soon enough", he said, patting Hikaru on the shoulder and folding his telescope as he turned around and, adjusting his hat, slowly descended the hill. "Soon enough..."

The land that was once under the control of the communist People's Republic of Finland had become, more or less completely, a land controlled by several factions of warlords who had all swooped in to take advantage of the vast open spaces, outside of the control of the powerless central government feebly trying to hold its own weight in Helsinki.

In particular, three major powers had emerged from half a year of power vacuum, making use of captured armaments and strategic politicking to rise to the top of the hierarchy in the anarchic Finnish lands; they came to be known colloquially as the Three Dragons of the North, and had attracted so many fierce fighters that even the neighbouring Kingdom of Sweden and Union of Soviet Socialist Republics were afraid to push further than they already had into Finland.

Though it had its (somewhat secret) headquarters in the rather unstable Karelian AO, established just about a year ago under convoluted circumstances, the rogue unit known as the 3rd Commandos Battalion of the People's Army of Japan, under Naoto Iida, found itself most at ease amidst the turmoil of the anarchic regions. For one, the Soviet Union was not known to be very friendly towards those who had an interest in the harnessing of the supernatural, and the Kingdom of Sweden... even less so. And though it remained neutral, working only for the highest bidder, the 3rd Commandos had made itself quite a few enemies, some of whom were sometimes bold enough to launch attacks on their headquarters.

"There's a single man approaching", came a report from a soldier posted to sentry duty some few kilometres away from the HQ. "Awaiting orders."

The radio in the command room crackled, and the sound of that soldier's screams filled the concrete bunker, before the signal was abruptly cut off.

"Cpl Minato, do you copy?"

Cpl Minato did not reply.

"Somebody get out there and see who that person is", demanded one of the commanders in the command room.

Another radio crackled alive.

"This is Yuri", came a young, boyish voice. "I have my sights on this man. He bears the insignia of the White Lions."

One of the commanders slammed the desk in shock and anger, while a few others wiped their brows in horror. The door to the command room was thrown open, and in came Lt Col Iida, removing his cloak and hanging it on a coat hook.

"Sir, the White Lions have sent someone", one of the commanders explained to Iida. "Ashuba is engaging him now."

"...who?"

"The Abkhazian", said one of the majors.

"Let him handle it", Iida shot back, pushing a captain out of a chair and taking a seat. "If the White Lions are here to negotiate a deal... it's best not to offend them."

Kraicia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kraicia » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:37 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:The Doctor

"What's going on here?" The Doctor asked one of the bystanders who looked at him through tear filled eyes. She looked as if she was trying to form words before eventually giving up and walking away, sobbing. "Humans," The Doctor muttered with a hint of disdain. He was about to move on when a buzzing noise caught his attention. He looked around before spotting a model helicopter of some kind hovering in the distance. With a furrowed brow, he walked over and pulled the sonic from his pocket. "What are you?" He questioned rhetorically as he scanned the curious machine. "Well, you certainly aren't a model..." He postulated, trying to get a good look at the MB-52. "You're just oozing with Bekaren energy, but there's no way you have the tech on board to dimension hop. That means you have a mother ship nearby. Take me to your leader." He ordered with an intrigued smile taking over his face.

Halo Eight (H-08) and Halo Thirteen (H-13) were conducting routine reconnaissance alongside the 20 other MB-52s. So far, aside from the fact that the streets and avenues were largely empty and void of activity or life, the two MB-52s in particular continued conducting reconnaissance as usual, moving onward to cover as much as ground as possible. But as these two continued, they couldn't help but notice an unusual sight in one of the alleyways.

Halo Eight was the first to spot the object, which was a blue police box, akin to those found in the early 20th century. Kraicia was no stranger to having police boxes before, both because Kraicia was a European country and had some English influence in its culture long ago; however, what is more important at hand was why such a relic was placed in a New York alleyway. Curious, Halo Eight flew a little closer to inspect the box, flying a little far away to look at the human-sized object.

Halo Thirteen happened to have been nearby, coincidentally spotting the object as well; however, while it received news that Halo Eight was the first to find the blue police box, Halo Thirteen took a different approach to inspecting the police box. Instead of flying at a distance from the blue police box, Halo Thirteen decided to hover up a rooftop across the way, and then drop off its four passengers momentarily: four Kraician marine fairies.

All the marine fairies were male, Caucasian-skinned, and fairly young (mid to late 20s). As veterans of the Second World War, and the later Korean War, the four marine fairies were dressed as if they were UK/Commonwealth soldiers ... if not for their distinctive leather 'calvary-esque' thigh high boots (unique to Kraicia called, Leðurfætur; lit. "Leather Legs"). Bearing grey camouflaged clothing and covers on their brodie helmets, there were two riflemen, a machine gunner (BREN gun), and a commanding officer (SMG; Kraician variant of the MP-34).

Perched up on the ledge of the rooftop, high up above the streets and the alleyway, the four fairy marines laid prone on the edge, watching Halo Eight from afar inspect the blue police phone box. In the meantime, Halo Eighteen proceeded to wave off afterwards and hide among a nearby AC unit to mask the sound of its tandem rotors. So far, Halo Eight had been alone and fine inspecting the blue police box ... until it was encountered by a tall, thin-faced man with a tousled mop of silver-grey hair and intense eyes.

Because of the civilian population in oddly sparse if not vacant New York City, Kraician fairy personnel are ordered not to engage unless it's out of self-defense. To Halo Eight, it wasn't long until the man deployed what appeared to be a laser pointer; however, instead of a usual red laser beam, this pointer that the man used and aimed at Halo Eight emitted a sonic sound, which unleashed no abnormal or harmful effects. The pilots and four passengers in Halo Eight, however, were uneasy, feeling as the man was up to something, though that was soon debunked as the man appeared more curious by the MB-52's tiny size and shape.

Slowly understanding the man's curiousness and request to see where the seemingly lonesome MB-52 tandem rotor rotary engine helicopter originated, the commanding officer among the four-man squad in Halo Eight stood up and opened the right side door to take a look at the man. Compared to the human before him, the nameless Kraician marine fairy sergeant was tiny by comparison, only about 10cm tall compared to the 181.6cm tall man - a 3.9in tall creature compared to a 5'11ft tall creature. Because the noise of the tandem rotors would drown out the Kraician marine fairy sergeant's voice, he decided to give a sign language reply, which universally translated as, 'Follow us, and stay close.'

Closing the sliding door on the helicopter, the pilots were then signaled to maneuver the MB-52 helicopter in the opposite direction and fly back towards the harbor; however, not without calling back to Gibson about their findings...

"Halo Eight, I read you." Gibson called back, acknowledging the return to one of its MB-52s; however, he then frowned when he got their findings, "What? Blue Police Box...? And you say that this man asks to bring them to me...?"

From what his MB-52s had gotten so far, there was still no reason as to why most of New York city was empty, and its citizens few and sparse. There had to be something so wrong explaining so few citizens roaming the city, not when there was no war or clear emergency scenario occurring. If Gibson recalled, the last emergency situation that struck New York was the 911 disaster, whom Gibson remembered gravely even though he was not there when the Twin Towers fell.

This just didn't add up...

"Home Fleet, óþekktir tengiliðir (unknown contacts)!" One of the MB-52 Helicopters - Halo Five (H-05) - barked to life on the radio, chiming in on Halo Eight's transmission, "Lítur út eins og líffræðileg hætta í norðurhluta Harlem! (Looks like a biological hazard in north Harlem!)"

"Biohazard?" Gibson frowned under his own breath, inaudible to the bystanders around him, but very much alarmed by the news despite his age and calmness, "What do you see?"

"Kampfmonster irgendeiner Art. (Combat monster of some kind.)" Halo Five relayed back in German, retaining shock and disbelief in their voice despite only speaking into the radio and the multilingual switch, "Sie sind in alle Richtungen ausbreitet. Menschen infiziert und transformiert werden immer, wie wir sprechen. (They're spreading in all directions. People are becoming infected and transformed as we speak.)"

"Get out of there, and tell the other halos (helicopters) to stay away as well." Gibson replied back, realizing that there is a chance that his fairies can get infected by whatever 'zombie-esque' apocalypse is going in the city, "That order is direct, Halo Five. Repeat, get out of there, and tell the other halos (helicopters) to stay away as well; that order is direct. Understood?"

"Já herra." Halo Five replied before the radio went silent before Halo Eight's transmission was reverted back to Gibson.

"Halo Eight, do you read?" Gibson asked, testing the connection.

"Yes sir." Halo Eight replied back from earlier.

"Bring whatever civvies you have to the bay at once! There is some biological threat in uptown New York making they're way here!" Gibson relayed, getting the bystanders' attention and uneasiness as they heard the news in clear English; however, Elliot was nearby as he overheard, silent as he listened to Gibson give the news to his MB-52s, "Tell Halo Thirteen to get themselves back here as well and guide every civilian to the bay too! Understood?"

"Já herra." Halo Eight replied before contact was ceased with brief radio static.

"Zombies?" Elliot questioned curiously, calm yet stern in his voice as he towered over the 5'11ft tall Gibson Grover.

"Very likely." Gibson grumbled, equally uneasy yet calm in his words given the tensed situation at hand, "What is the zustand (situation) on your boats?"

"Nothing, other than empty ships along the rivers." Elliot reported with a jaundiced voice tone, "How are we going to call the evacuation? The Holtland Fleethood (Kraicia Navy) is out of reach, no response or transmissions from home. The Marklanders (Americans) are not responding either, their frequencies are haywire or silent."

For a moment, Gibson didn't say anything as the headset on his head was silent, all the while putting his arms at his hip. There were so many things happening at once, so much more so than both the Second World War and the Korean War long ago. While he enjoyed a quarter of a century of retirement, Gibson was tired and old, despite the fact that he appeared like a 26-year-old black-haired and green eyed Caucasian male.

"We cannot put the civvies to work at sea either, ja?" Gibson grumbled to Elliot, double checking if his idea was still invalid.

"That's correct. Even if we can, there is not enough to man the ship and carry out an evacuation."

Then, Gibson and Elliot heard the familiar buzzing of an MB-52 tandem rotor helicopter approaching, which was none other than Halo Eight returning ... bringing forth the Doctor as he followed not far behind...

The Russian Nations
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian Nations » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:16 am

ArmAverse.
USS Freedom,20 Miles off of Altis.
Louis Barklem.

Barklem had listened to some metal music,his commander took them off.

"BARKLEM! HEADPHONES!"

"Let's make sure we're clear as a F*cking bell on this."

"Now,our teams' coming here,i know you were expecting an amphibious assault."

"But higher shit-canned the plan after there was a CSAT Sub."

"Alright,so we'll be landing here." the Officer pointed at an area near Chalkeia.

"The other team will land in the opposite direction."

"And then we-" The Transport was hit by an AA Missile,the engine was hit,forcing the pilot to attempt a crash landing and send an S.O.S Signal.

An explosion happened,Barklem,who was inside the APC was flung out of the hatch,he awoke 20 minutes later,he grabbed a P07 Pistol and an MXC,he prepared to go just as an AAF Patrol appeared,it was a sentry,a Motorized one! he took the chance and fired a whole mag at the Grenadier,instantly killing him,he went into cover and fired another hail of 6.5 at the rifleman,killing him just before he could pull the trigger,he took their vehicle and drove it to an ERV,Rescuing a helicopter pilot on the way.
The Socialist Military Confederation of Russia.
"Pick up a rifle and fight for the Hexagon!"
A World where Russia is torn by violence and reality, it struggles against instability and insanity.

GLORY TO COMMUNISM! [_★_]
Comrade get the Mosin Nagant.
I think i've played too much half life now.
Kolodny Headlines:NRF move on from Korea to Canada, Nogova unsuprised again.   | Other News:Canada embargoes America. | Misc. News:*Static*.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016

Postby Skylus » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:59 am

Menschenfleisch wrote:MCU: A Very Crowded Alleyway | Serenity and Dove

Evelyn looked around in utter despair. What the hell were they doing? This whole place should've been impossible and yet just how grounded and real it felt dispelled any notion of trickery. There were people passing them by or staring by now, apparently not paying them much attention. That was strange. Perhaps this really was just a very advanced simulation? Scratch that, it definitely seemed like a simulation. A giant fricking wolf was sitting in an alleyway with a tiny, tiny little thing on its head. This was too much. Eve walked into the alley, drawing one of her arms and preparing to retaliate if this wolf tried anything. Was it... talking? Oh well. It was as good a person to ask as anyone else.

"Yo. Mind telling me what your name is? Any idea why me and the nerd over there are here?"

Same Alleyway; Ammy & Issun

Ammy titled her head, confused, what did some of these words mean?
Issun stared up at the woman, held his gaze for a few seconds longer than necessary, then moved his gaze to the man.
"Uhhhhhh.....my name is Issun, the big furball here is Ammy. As to why we're here or where we are, I have no idea. Who are you?"

Madison Goodwill; Hogwarts

It wasn't exactly her fault that the boathouse had caught on fire.
But was anyone going to listen to her right now?
Noooooooo.
Everyone else had bigger problems.
Such as corrupt Aurors baring down upon Hogwarts.

Madison exited the boathouse covered in soot and ash from the boathouse and wearily looked around her.
People were fighting all over the grounds.
Spells were shooting back and forth while the Centaurs were running around firing arrows at random people.
Madi then blinked.
Were those spiders?
Yes, yes they were indeed spiders.
And they were very angry.
Madi took note of this and booked it from the area.

Sometime later, Madi found herself standing on a cliff above the Black Lake, looking down into it to see if any fighting was going on.
The water was cloudy, very cloudy, and the fact that there were fires everywhere and the moon wasn't bright didn't help things much.
Madi got this feeling that someone was walking up to her and she turned around, only to see an Auror racing towards her.
She wasn't going to take any chances.
One moment, she was standing there, the next, Madi flicked her wrist and a ball of red light appeared.
She them raised her hand towards the Auror, who had stopped and was now gaping at her.
"Behind you." muttered the Auror as he took a step forwards, then back.
Madi lowered her hand slightly.
"What?"
The Auror raised a finger and pointed behind her, causing Madi to turn around.
She only noticed for a second of the air seeming to be shifting around her and then she was somewhere else entirely.

MCU

Madi found herself standing next to a certain blue box and she merely stared at it for several seconds.
"..Is....Is that the freaking TARDIS?"
The witch walked around it several times, then slowly reached out a hand and held it against the painted wood.
"...This is real....Okay....Uh....."
Madi took a step back, looked around, and tried to open the door to the TARDIS.
it was locked and it made an angry beeping noise that caused Madi to take her hand away from the door and step back.
"Right....You probably got pulled here from your universe...But how should I know?"
Madi left the alleyway and saw something that caused her to stop walking and simply stare into the sky.
"....Is that dragon undead?"
Last edited by Skylus on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:35 pm

Johnny Swift
    San Diego, California

"You fellas havin' fun in here? 'Cause I'm havin' fun in here!" Johnny hid behind a pillar as more gunfire and expletives came flying from the bank vault. The robbers had been relentless in their heist, making sure to effortlessly dispatch all the police, SWAT, and other first responders that wanted to ruin their day. They weren't necessarily equipped to take on any super-powered responders but were prepared... but hadn't prepared enough for the speedster that had just arrived. Already, Johnny had taken out several robbers with high speed swings of his crowbar, barring a few who had held themselves up in the vault and surrounding area. One of them, apparently, had a military-grade exoskeleton. How he got it and why he had it was none of his concern—he just needed to go.

"You tried to foil the wrong robber," the exo-man shouted, charging Johnny in a move that was an obvious mistake. Though he had swung his hand down to crush the speedster, he was surprised to see that he wasn't crying in a crater on the floor—or the bottom level of the bank, at that—and wasn't even in front of him to begin with. He brought his fist back and turned around to a crowbar swinging across his face, connecting with it with a loud and comical CLONK. Despite his size, the exo-man was sent flying, launched through several rooms adjacent to the vault as the building shook wildly.

One down (for now), two to go.

Johnny had no time to celebrate, however, spotting a flash inside of the vault as an automatic weapon was fired. He quickly rolled to the side, easily evading the bullets as he sprung up into a sprint, blasting across room at speeds even fighter jets would envy. Time seemed to slow down for him as he leaped into the vault, yanking the gun from the goon's hand and tossing it away, before dispatching him with a series of rapid fire strikes all over his solar plexus, finishing off with a throw out of the vault.

Another one of the robbers revealed a large extendable baton that he swung down at the speedster, which Johnny simply grabbed while he was doing so, driving a knee into the man's chest that was quickly backed up by two more jabs to the face, along with a kick to send him right out of the vault. He slid across the freshly-polished floor with a sound not too similar to rubbing one's face against a clean glass surface, landing not too far away from his friend.

Johnny smirked, leaning his crowbar against his shoulder. But, if he was correct, there was still one guy left, currently charging down the hallway of exo-man-shaped busts that were in the wall, smashing each down as he ran wildly at the speedster. First, there was a series of loud thumpings, indicating that he was coming, followed by a wall of bullets that accompanied his abrupt bursting into the scene, aimed for the speedster. They shredded the area where he once stood, sending clouds of papers high into the sky as Johnny rolled for cover behind a pillar, cursing. His opponent cast the wrist-mounted gatling gun in his direction, a veritable pile of brass bullet casings forming at his feet as he roared.

Crowbar tight in his hand, Johnny popped out from cover, his weapon held tightly in his hands as he reached speeds no object his size should've reached in a small space like the bank. He slid underneath the path of bullets, swinging the crowbar upwards as he abruptly slowed down, releasing all the pent up kinetic energy in his swing right on the exoskeleton's midsection. Not even bothering to wait until he landed, Johnny grunted and pushed himself up from the ground, quickly going airborne as he caught up with the now flying exoskeleton, swinging his crowbar downwards with a shout. "Get... dunked, biatch!"

A deep thump filled the area as the exoskeleton-wearing robber entered a ragdoll state, slamming straight through the lobby floor and sliding out of the front doors of the bank, all while producing a deep trail in the ground. He slid to a halt by the crowd of SWAT and police parked outside of the bank, where he was quickly surrounded by several guns and boys in blue with handcuffs.

Satisfied with his results, Johnny leaped down from the upper levels of the bank, twirling his crowbar with one hand before leaning it on his shoulder. "Alllright, folks! My work here is done! You all can get up now, cause I saved the day."

Ignoring the "You wrecked the bank, you idiot!" thrown in his direction, Johnny started for the exit, which was strangely blurred out by an unusually strong glare of the midday sun. He then gingerly stepped over the trench made from the exo-man's slide, stepping out to the streets to greet reporters and police and...

Johnny Swift
    Harlem, New York City (MCU)

...Wait a second. This isn't San Diego.

It first took some time to get used to, but Johnny quickly deduced that he, somehow, was in New York City... but different. He hadn't ever been to the city due to the length between San Diego and New York City, as well as a general apathy towards the city, but knew enough about ti from pictures and movies to get a good picture of it. For one, the city lacked the ubiquitous advertisement of superhero teams and superhero-oriented products that it was so famous for, but also seemingly lacked the raw volume of people and cars that the city was also known for.

In fact, it seemed as if everyone in the city had just spontaneously left, or, at least, a few of them. Those who remained were afraid out of their minds, as if the city was under a bomb threat or an attack had just happened. Perplexed, Johnny stepped out from the bus stop that he appeared in, approaching a rather crowded alleyway adjacent to him that—hold on a second, why was there a wolf?

"Did I take something I wasn't supposed to," Johnny squinted his eyes at the bizarre sight, approaching the group. "Or is this real? Also, tell me why I walk out of a bank in San Diego and I end up in New York. I really got no clue about what's goin' on."

Lord Frieza
    Planet Namek

As the Namekian village burned in the background, Zarbon and his cohort Dodoria turned to Frieza, bowing as the PTO tyrant approached them. He floated above the ground in a small, pod-like hovering vehicle, but kept an apathetic look on his face as he looked down at his two underlings. "I presume these are not the only Dragon Balls, no?"

"Three still remain, Lord Frieza," Dodoria said. "Destroying the Namekian villages is easy. Finding the ones that have the Dragon Balls, however—"

"I did not ask for an explanation, Dodoria," Frieza addressed his general, raising his voice only so slightly. "I asked for the Dragon Balls. Surely you are capable of finding them, are you not?"

Dodoria hesitated, nodding slowly. "Y-yes, Lord Frieza."

"Good. Do so, and report back to me. It would not look good on your reputation if I had to place Zarbon, as my second in command for your insolence."

Upon hearing this, the green alien grinned slyly, clutching the large Dragon Balls in his arms. "It will be done, Lord Frieza. You can count on us."

Frieza applauded his generals, clasping his hands together as he watched them arc off into the sky. Already, he was in possession of four of the Namekian Dragon Balls, meaning that he had three more to find. Things were going swimmingly—his army had made stellar progress, and that annoyance known as Vegeta was far in the back of his mind, and the least of his concerns. Of course, this was all until the area surrounding him began to distort and heat up, as a bright light suddenly began to envelop the tyrant's figure.

Lord Frieza
    New York City

Frieza abruptly appeared above the city as waves of heat not unlike that of heat waves resonating off a hot surface bounced off his figure. Confused, the tyrant put a hand to the side of his head, his Scouter beeping accordingly as he tried to make sense of the liens of text darting past the heads up display. His reaction was visible; a grunt of frustration and the lowering of his hand seemed to solidify his irritation. What backwater planet had he landed on, somehow? His scouter was giving off readings of several minute power levels, all negligible compared to his own, which still disturbed him nonetheless, knowing the very likely potential of someone as powerful as him or any of his enemies being on a planet like this.

Dismissing his fearful thoughts, Frieza continued scanning the area, hovering above the city on his chair as he tried to make sense of where he'd landed.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:38 pm

Harlem
New York City

What...

What the fuck is going on?

Things that were way too unusual were occurring perhaps a little too quickly for Sombra's liking - it was almost infuriating. She was on her mission, and she was about to succeed in it until... this happened! She wasn't sure if she was more confused or frustrated. At face value, what Sombra was seeing wasn't too out of the ordinary for her. In her line of business, she has met some interesting characters, and even a talking animal; it was how everything was just stumbling together so quickly and so suddenly that was throwing the hacker for a loop. At least she now knew where she was: New York. The man who looked like he fell right out of a comic book was kind enough to reveal that tidbit of info. This looked nothing like the New York she knew, though. What was up with that?

"We know just as much as you do, buddy" Sombra said, addressing the group as whole. "You can call me Sombra. That's my name" Sombra's gaze seemed to drift as she spoke - she was looked for some way to get out of this situation, and maybe even some way to learn more about her current situation. She wasn't going to let herself remain ignorant for long.
Last edited by Mundeo on Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:34 pm

The Alleyway | Evelyn and Dove

Evelyn was busy talking to Amaterasu with a very strange and perplexed look about her. Something about the wolf seemed off, like it was just barely constrained to the space which it occupied. When it looked at her the sheer presence of its gaze was almost like a physical pressure on the back of her skull. She wasn't scared, though. At least not yet. There were similar artifacts back home which were like this, though they tended to be paper tigers more than anything else. Petrifying basilisks, flimsy dragons and even men masquerading as outer gods. If this wolf could put its money where its mouth was, though that would be a problem.

"So you're a bit list too, eh? Well, good to know. I guess you must be pretty confused, just like me."

But then even more people showed up. An edgy purple chick with a Spanish accent and an American man who looked like he'd been in a few billion too many scraps for his own good. Dove, standing closer to the entrance of the alley saw them come over and attempted to step forward to introduce himself. They were already chatting though so he let them finish, his fingers twitching. He wanted to find answers but his confusion was quickly giving rise to a certain feeling of dread. And as most people will know, dread isn't quite the best emotion to be feeling while you're trying to start a friendly conversation.

"We're all pretty confused here. I think just about everyone who's in this alley got pulled through a portal somehow. Could I have a list of your names? Mine is Dove Lester and my friend here is Evelyn Serenity. We're from... well, I don't know. This doesn't look like the New York from our version of Earth."

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:24 pm

The Doctor

"This is nice: Usually I have to yell at someone or be clever to find who I need to talk to," The Doctor commented in his heavy Scottish accent as they walked down the streets towards the water. He was scanning everything around him, and the only thing he was getting back was that this was New York City, but not his NYC. His face furrowed as if something suddenly occurred to him. "Its never this nice unless its a trap... You wouldn't be leading me to a trap would you?" he asked with an eyebrow poised to attack. "Bah, never mind," He said throwing up his hand flippantly, throwing up a hand as if he was batting the idea away. "You'd be idiots to put me in a trap."

The miniature helicopter led the Doctor a little refuter until they came to the Upper bay. Looking at the two figures who seemed out of place quizzically, the Doctor called over to them; "I suppose these helicopters belong to you two?"
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:17 pm

New York City
The Alleyway, Parisa Claycomb

“Dul, you take Eli to bed...I’m going to go see what’s going on here.” Dulakh set Elidy down on her feet and watched as Parisa gathered all of her magic things into a knapsack. “Pari, I should go with you...what if something freaky is happening? You’ll need backup!”
“I’ll be fine, just stay with our daughter. One of us has to stay with her, and you’re physically stronger than me so you’ll be less reliant on magic to protect her.” She kissed him on the cheek and kissed the child on the forehead. “Be a good girl, okay? Mom’ll be back before you know it, I just have to check in with the Order, okay?”

“Okay, Mom.”
“Very good. Love you both!”
“Love you too!” and ran outside before he could make any further protests. “Parisa!” Suddenly she was outside, observing as another person fell from the sky. When she took a step to question them, she found herself suddenly not on the street anymore.
“What the...?!” It felt like she was falling, from fading light to complete darkness, and when she woke up again she was hovering above...stone? Lots and lots of concrete. Hey, this must be Earth! I haven’t been back here in a cool minute, but who are all these people though?!” There was a woman with short dark hair, and quite a strange assortment of other people gathered around. But I if I’m not home, what’s going to happen to my daught...” Suddenly the heat like waves that had blurred her vision cleared and she found herself on the ground, just barely managing to roll to lessen the impact. “Okay, falling into a crowd of assorted people...not my idea of a fun Sunday.” she muttered.
Soon s

Ashok Drake, New York City
The Alleyway

“I think we should give up the chase for today, Captain! It’s too strong and there are too many of them!” Ashok ignored the cries of her first mate as she tried to steady their ship in the rumbling and churning water, her yellow coat being pelted with a cold rain. “We give chase, Bless! We can do it, we have before! And their holds are rich with gold, we’ll go down in pirate history!”
“We won’t be able to spend a thing if we die, turn back!” The taller woman grabbed onto the wheel but Ashok wasn’t letting go. “Are you sure we’ll die, we’ve been through worse!”
“This gale is too strong, they’re flanked by frigates! There’s no chance!” Ashok considered this carefully...that was far too vast a treasure that she would pass up on any normal day, but she thought about her friends, she couldn’t lose them to this storm. She turned to her crew on deck. “Do the rest of you feel this way?!” A chorus of hands went up, voting as was the pirate way. Her large dark eyes looked from the retreating ship to her crew and back again. “Very well, we’ll turn ba...what is that?!”

A large *plop* of something that fell into the water...from the sky? Was it snowing? Hailing? Not in the Caribbean, such things rarely if ever occurred...but upon closer inspection it was...a person?! Ashok rubbed her eyes and grabbed her spyglass, staring out as another person fell in, and then another.
“Is it...raining people?” Bless’ thick Jamaican accent was hard to understand sometimes, but here she sounded as clear as day. Ashok has a Hindi accent herself, so she knew what it was like. “It looks so...but how?!” As soon as she leaned over the side of the Reach to get a closer look, suddenly she was swept up in darkness.

Opening her eyes again, she suddenly found her vision blurred and flooded with gray light. But she could make out some figures who were clearly not her crew. What?! What happened...where am I?! Where is the sea, I was just on the sea! Surrounded by unfamiliar buildings, she barely had a chance to take it all in before she barely managed to land on her backside when falling. A woman with dark skin and pale pink hair was staring at her in concern. Wait...pink hair?! Nobody has pink hair! “So, you too, huh?” She spoke English at least.
“Me too...what is this?! Where am I, where is my ship?! Who are you?!”
“Nobody knows, but I was suddenly sucked here too. I’m Parisa Claycomb, and you are...”
“Ashok Drake, Captain of the Devil’s Reach.”
“So you’re a real pirate, neat!”

“What are you? Why is your hair pink?!”
“I’m a warlock...I dunno why, must’ve been some thing that went on while I was still in the womb. Not sure.”
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:47 pm

New Midchildan Calendar Year 0075, August 16
Midchildan Tertiary Administered Dimension Designation 4CB7BA-T
Haganatu System, Enroute to Chinzubora System

Realspace, the final frontier. These were the voyages of the Dimensional Ship Claudia. Her continuing mission, blah blah blah...

Nanoha Takamachi and Fate Testarossa Harlaown (who would, in Nanoha's mind, hopefully adding a third surname in the near future, preferably hers) were enjoying a nice, quiet tea break in the officer's lounge of the Claudia, looking out at the sea of stars that the vessel was passing through on its way to Chinzubora. The fact that much of the Chinzubora System was a CZ, combined with the Time-Space-Administration Bureau's desire for their attack to come as (mostly) a surprise, necessitated them leaving subdimensional space in the nearby Haganatu System and just FTL there. It'd take a few hours, but it was less dangerous than just popping in orbit around Chinzubora - first of all, that'd put Chinzubora behind the battle line (bad), and there were reports that the pirates they were going to be engaging had anti-dimensional travel mines with enough power to damage ships (also bad).

As a result, the Claudia was quiet. There was paperwork (already done), training (already done for the day, plus neither of the Aces on board were allowed to go close to all-out for fear of damaging the ship), food (mostly eaten at this point), tea (getting cold), conversation (died down to stare out the window), and normally a holodeck for relaxation - but the holodeck was undergoing a software update and would be unusable for the next eight hours. For a society that could build computers that would shame the entire computing power of Earth, make them the size of an average house, then store them in a pocket dimension so that the only 'realspace' part of it ultimately needed was the size and weight of a pinball, it struck Nanoha as odd that system updates would take so long. Or be needed. Or that it wasn't done while in dock, when nobody was using the holodeck system anyway.

In short, Nanoha was incredibly...

"Bored?" Fate said with a light smile. Nanoha blushed and sputtered, but all that did was get a giggle out of Fate.

"Yeah," replied Nanoha, as she again turned to the window. "It's just... I know opsec and keeping the ship safe are important and all, but come on - they're just pirates, and decades behind Midchilda in ship development, if that. Are they really that much of a threat?"

Fate shook her head with a sigh. "There are far more of them than there are of us, Nanoha. We're only sending a handful of cruisers, and the Dimensional Navy doesn't want to take any chances. They already have anti-dimensional transport devices, who knows what else they have."

A sip of tea.

"Though... I will admit, Chrono is being a bit too cautious."

As if to spite her choice of words, or perhaps her timing, the ship immediately went under red alert.

<<Alert - unknown dimensonal anomaly detected. All hands, brace for uncontrolled dimensional shift in forty-five seconds.>>

Panic soon gripped the officer's lounge as everyone raced for either the bar or the holograph stage, which were the only two structures in the room sturdy enough to not fly about during a dimensional anomaly. Barring ones that would simply tear the ship apart. Nanoha and Fate both went for the bar. Nanoha and Fate both sent out a telepathic link to Chrono, sensing something odd.

++Chrono-kun - what's going on? Forty-five seconds warning? Normally a call for brace over something like this wouldn't have half the warning time. Nanoha, of course.

++Normally yes, Nanoha, but this thing is massive - it's three times the size of the ship and still growing, we'll never be able to turn away in time at the rate of its expansion. I'm sending an FTL transmission to dimensional Fleet HQ to warn them about this, I just hope it doesn't get any bigger...

Any further conversation was swiftly cut up as the two bows, and with it the officer's lounge, were sucked into the rift. Chrono was in luck - the rift began to shrink as fast as it had begun to expand once the ship was fully inside.
Unidentified Dimension
Earth

The good news, in Nanoha's mind, was that they were not going very fast once they left the dimensional rift.

The bad news, in Nanoha's mind, was that they were in atmosphere and out of control - and heading straight for what looked like New York City, on Earth no less! Earth, no matter the dimension, did not usually take kindly to alien spaceships just showing up in the vicinity of New York. Even if it was clear they were unable to control their descent.

The arrival of the two HFLSS ships, both large but normal-sized sea vessels, caused quite a splash against southern Manhattan.

The Claudia, at a healthy distance over a kilometer in length, dropped like a stone at fifty miles per hour into the New York Harbor between the Statue of Liberty and Governor's Island and damn near caused a tsunami of water to impact the southern tip of Manhattan, with water going as far north as the Trade Center and as far inland as Trinity Church. It skipped once, landed in the water again, and slid forward, floating on until it bumped into Battery Park at just above walking speed before 'sinking' into the muddy 'water' of the Hudson, the suction of its sinking righting a ferry that had nearly capsized from the initial wave.

A few quiet seconds passed on the ship as the computer systems stopped flickering.

"Report," Chrono commanded to the ship's crew. Before they could answer, Chrono's own device, Durandal, did so.

[[Boss: One hundred six onboard casualties, zero fatalities, hull breeches on decks 1, 2, 6, and 20 - no chance of further flooding. Severe damage to holodeck room, dimensional transfer system completely inoperable except for teleportation and storage, shield generators, FTL drive, and main cannons sustained minor damage. Casualties caused by our splashdown unknown - based on speed and population density, I estimate about the same inside and out. Apart from injuries and the dimensional transfer system, nothing that can't be repaired ourselves, Boss.]]

The captain wiped his face, groaning almost more than the bridge crew. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted something on sensors - obviously they were working just fine, but then the sensor rooms were among the sturdiest parts of the outer hull. Something - or perhaps, someone, was using enough dimensional folding for a whole planetary arsenal's worth of Intelligent Devices, and they had parked it near Times Square! As if they had no care if someone saw-oh my. New York City was currently severely lacking in New Yorkers, if the population sensors were functioning properly. They probably were - dimensional scanners had picked up the aftershocks of a massive amount of energy emanating from another continent on Earth, and that may have had something to do with it. Chrono swallowed - whatever caused that kind of energy was not something he wanted to do with, but he had a feeling it would want something to do with him eventually.

His old captain was right - Nanoha, hell, most of Riot Force 6 were bad luck. And - oh look, there was some sort of biomass-consuming zombie whatever up in Harlem. It was going slowly, but it was there, and that just soured his mood more. He'd have to send mages after that, no doubt. Now as to who was responsible for all that dimensional folding. That wasn't too hard to find, either - just find whoever emitted radiation that was sign of pocket dimensions or other such things, and one man - er, humanoid, as this male thing was about as human as the ship - was glowing like a torch to the sensors.

Plan time - plan time complete. He activated ship-wide comms.

"Captains Takamachi and Harlaown, in my ready room for a briefing, I have a mission for you both. Major Saab, I have a mission for you but the briefing won't take nearly as long so I'll do it now. There are some sort of parasitic life forms on the northern end of this island, doing what parasitic lifeforms typically do in regards to sapient life. Please deal with them with as much prejudice as possible, while insuring zero casualties on our own end."

Three statements of compliance came over telepathy.
Near Times Square
A few minutes later

At least the teleporters worked, thought Chrono as he landed but a few feet from the object, Durandal at the ready and in spear form - just in case, you know, it was dangerous. Before him was a police box - or what looked like a police box. But for it to gain that much notice from the sensors, it was definitely more than that. At the very least it was bigger on the inside, much bigger.

Still, on the outside, it seemed very unthreatening, and very uninterested in pasting him across Midtown in any hundreds of ways something with enough power to contain this much space would need - the least of which involved simply unfolding itself, even a little bit.

Above Harlem
That same time

Major Frederick Saab was a tall, thin man, and not the sort you'd expect to be good at close-combat fighting, let alone on a military scale, even when his own Intelligent Device, Surtr, was little more than a flame-element shortsword compared to the spear-type Devices most mages preferred - especially in the Air Force.

Still, he had a booming voice and was good enough at leading his men, which was enough for a Major. Sure, he wasn't nearly on the level of the Aces or even Chrono, but those two were freaks of nature by the typical Midchildan standard. He was strong, but nowhere near their level, and his men and women beneath him were well below his. As it should be? Maybe. Some of them were still teenagers, so it was probably best they didn't have any command posts yet. He was nearing thirty and had been major for a while, but that suited him just fine. Any higher and he'd be chained to a desk by the Big White Dick of the military.

Hm. Perhaps that was why Nanoha and Fate stuck to Captain.

Regardless. He and his men wouldn't attack just yet. Half his forces were currently split trying to speed up evacuation of the area, so he only had about half currently in the air, flying up and down - mostly to see how the infected would react to them before they actually started firing.

When your orders were to return with as few of your own casualties as possible, preferably zero, it was important to do so.

South Manhattan
That same time

Nanoha and Fate had teleported in the air. For some mages that might actually be a problem - as common as flight was, not all could manage it, even in the Chair Force. But Nanoha took to flight like a bird, and Fate was one of the fastest mages in the TSAB, so both maintained an even pace, flying above the citizens. Chrono had decided that the situation in New York was unusual enough that a pair of women in strange uniforms baring equally unusual polearms that could talk would not be as big a deal. That, and what little the ship's computer had downloaded from this Earth's news showed him that it definitely wouldn't be a big deal. Seems that this Earth's equivalent of the Masquerade had been broken a long time ago.

Nanoha was just about to complain about how unhappy she was that she wasn't fighting the zombies (to which Fate would likely have responded that Nanoha's idea of 'fighting' would likely involve vaporizing Harlem) when Fate had spotted their, shall we say, 'target'.

"Nanoha - there! By those two men... floating?" She shrugged it off and looked at Nanoha.

"Now remember, let me handle most of the talking."

++Chrono-kun, your sister is being mean to me, saying I can't do diplomacy!

++Just don't shoot anyone, Nanoha.

She turned to Fate with the legendary technique Face Of Kicked Puppy (False) right as they began their descent to the man in question. "Mou, Fate, your brother is being mean to me!" They both got a laugh out of that as they landed between and off to one side of the blossoming conversation.

"Excuse me... sir," Fate finally decided upon a pronoun, her English betraying a slight Japanese and a stronger Midchildan accent, "but my compatriot and I -" Nanoha looked almost wounded at such an unplatonic term "- could not help but notice that you're emitting quite a lot of radiation indicative of having been in an area of heavily folded spacetime recently. I do not mean to be rude, but would you be willing to answer a few questions about that? I assure you, you are in no danger." Which was only half-true. What comes next will decide how much danger he's in, thought Fate.
Last edited by Rupudska on Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2018

Postby Okayanos » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:17 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:Zadkiel
The Empire State Building

This wasn't right. Just moments ago he had been flying above Yigros and now... He didn't know where he was. This was strange, but he was detecting power all around him, and more arriving by the second. Then, he spotted a golden vessel in the sky looking out of place in this strange setting. Hoping he could find some answers, he unfurled his cloak into their wing forms and launched into the air, rapidly climbing to the flying object, hand resting on the hilt of his sword...

Gilgamesh

The beating of large wings echoes in the Golden King's royal ears. He leans against the armrest of the Vimana's throne, propping his head up with one golden-gauntlet-covered hand. He remains silent until the wingbeats become impossible to ignore, at which point his eyes move to fix his crimson glare upon Zadkiel. Gilgamesh considers opening the Gate of Babylon and striking this flying creature from the sky- but that would be perhaps too hasty. He allows this single transgression of ignorance, and so acknowledges Zadkiel's being in his presence.

"What reason do you have to approach me, mongrel?" He asks. With a proper look at the winged man, Gilgamesh decides that this being is more likely than not a stranger to this place as well. But beyond the winged man, in the sky- "Do not answer yet. Another creature has taken to the air." He sees it, far off behind Zadkiel. A small figure hovering in some kind of small, flying device. Round-headed and horned, and Gilgamesh would daresay that the thing is of pink and purple coloration.

Turmenista wrote:
    Lord Frieza
    New York City

Frieza abruptly appeared above the city as waves of heat not unlike that of heat waves resonating off a hot surface bounced off his figure. Confused, the tyrant put a hand to the side of his head, his Scouter beeping accordingly as he tried to make sense of the liens of text darting past the heads up display. His reaction was visible; a grunt of frustration and the lowering of his hand seemed to solidify his irritation. What backwater planet had he landed on, somehow? His scouter was giving off readings of several minute power levels, all negligible compared to his own, which still disturbed him nonetheless, knowing the very likely potential of someone as powerful as him or any of his enemies being on a planet like this.

Dismissing his fearful thoughts, Frieza continued scanning the area, hovering above the city on his chair as he tried to make sense of where he'd landed.

It is indeed Lord Frieza that Gilgamesh has sighted far off, in the same sky as he. The Vimana's green-colored wings adjust their position, and GIlgamesh's golden, flying throne increases its altitude ever so slightly- just enough that it is above Frieza's hovering chair.
"Tell me, winged man, do you have any familiarity with creatures of that sort?" Gilgamesh asks Zadkiel after he's properly placed himself above all others.
Last edited by Okayanos on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Russian Nations
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian Nations » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:35 pm

ArmAverse.
Chalkeia,Altis.
Louis Barklem.

Louis had his hands on an MX SW,it was the LMG Version of the MX,He was armed with an MXC Beforehand,him and the remnants of the Assault force that was supposed to attack Chalkeia.
"Get ready! Open fire!"
the team opened fire with their MX Rifles,hails of 5.56 and 6.5 Whizzing past Barklem,he opened fire,however the team lost half their men,Barklem took command,and effectively repelled the AAF Assault.
"We did it." Louis said just as he reloaded a heavy 100-Round 6.5x39mm Magazine,to his annoyance,he was called again,however to his surprise,he was tasked with checking out a VTOL Crash,which could Potentially hold some Salvagable equipment,he walked for a while alone,Dealing with AAF Patrols in the area,often resulting in him having to inject himself a Lot,to his surprise,came a Marshall APC! he repaired it and gathered a crew,and they continued the assault.

Fast forward to Post-Chalkeia.

Louis was preparing to leave after witnessing the AAF Surrender,he got his crew and prepared to leave,however his commander noticed a 'rift' in the distance,Initially Barklem dismissed it until his driver suggested they check it,he felt like disobeying orders,but that was futile,his driver drove into the 'rift',it closed shortly however,The AM-7 Ended up somewhere in USA,as they got a closer look,a horrified look appeared on Barklem's face as he saw That the place was empty,he pulled out his GPS.

Welcome to NYC.,the Driver said.

"What the F*ck?!"

MCU
Times Square,Manhattan,NYC,USA.
Louis Barklem.

The driver and his team scanned the area,louis held his binoculars as he turned out,MX SW near him.
"It's empty."
"Just like every Post-Apocalypse city."
the driver handed Barklem a Rangefinder,and a Vest.
"Thanks i guess."
the team continued driving,until there was a wall blocking the way,The team Decided to get rid of it,Barklem switched to HE Ammunition,he prepared to fire,he did so,and the Autocannon fired it's load,the HE Ammunition creating a loud row of blasts.
"Blow it!" Barklem said.
"Negative!"
as a result,their actions,and vehicle,had their concealment blown.
The Socialist Military Confederation of Russia.
"Pick up a rifle and fight for the Hexagon!"
A World where Russia is torn by violence and reality, it struggles against instability and insanity.

GLORY TO COMMUNISM! [_★_]
Comrade get the Mosin Nagant.
I think i've played too much half life now.
Kolodny Headlines:NRF move on from Korea to Canada, Nogova unsuprised again.   | Other News:Canada embargoes America. | Misc. News:*Static*.

Kraicia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kraicia » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:55 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:The Doctor

"This is nice: Usually I have to yell at someone or be clever to find who I need to talk to," The Doctor commented in his heavy Scottish accent as they walked down the streets towards the water. He was scanning everything around him, and the only thing he was getting back was that this was New York City, but not his NYC. His face furrowed as if something suddenly occurred to him. "Its never this nice unless its a trap... You wouldn't be leading me to a trap would you?" he asked with an eyebrow poised to attack. "Bah, never mind," He said throwing up his hand flippantly, throwing up a hand as if he was batting the idea away. "You'd be idiots to put me in a trap."

The miniature helicopter led the Doctor a little refuter until they came to the Upper bay. Looking at the two figures in the water quizzically, the Doctor cupped his hands and shouted. "I suppose these helicopters belong to you two?"

Rupudska wrote:New Midchildan Calendar Year 0075, August 16
Midchildan Tertiary Administered Dimension Designation 4CB7BA-T
Haganatu System, Enroute to Chinzubora System

Realspace, the final frontier. These were the voyages of the Dimensional Ship Claudia. Her continuing mission, blah blah blah...

Nanoha Takamachi and Fate Testarossa Harlaown (who would, in Nanoha's mind, hopefully adding a third surname in the near future, preferably hers) were enjoying a nice, quiet tea break in the officer's lounge of the Claudia, looking out at the sea of stars that the vessel was passing through on its way to Chinzubora. The fact that much of the Chinzubora System was a CZ, combined with the Time-Space-Administration Bureau's desire for their attack to come as (mostly) a surprise, necessitated them leaving subdimensional space in the nearby Haganatu System and just FTL there. It'd take a few hours, but it was less dangerous than just popping in orbit around Chinzubora - first of all, that'd put Chinzubora behind the battle line (bad), and there were reports that the pirates they were going to be engaging had anti-dimensional travel mines with enough power to damage ships (also bad).

As a result, the Claudia was quiet. There was paperwork (already done), training (already done for the day, plus neither of the Aces on board were allowed to go close to all-out for fear of damaging the ship), food (mostly eaten at this point), tea (getting cold), conversation (died down to stare out the window), and normally a holodeck for relaxation - but the holodeck was undergoing a software update and would be unusable for the next eight hours. For a society that could build computers that would shame the entire computing power of Earth, make them the size of an average house, then store them in a pocket dimension so that the only 'realspace' part of it ultimately needed was the size and weight of a pinball, it struck Nanoha as odd that system updates would take so long. Or be needed. Or that it wasn't done while in dock, when nobody was using the holodeck system anyway.

In short, Nanoha was incredibly...

"Bored?" Fate said with a light smile. Nanoha blushed and sputtered, but all that did was get a giggle out of Fate.

"Yeah," replied Nanoha, as she again turned to the window. "It's just... I know opsec and keeping the ship safe are important and all, but come on - they're just pirates, and decades behind Midchilda in ship development, if that. Are they really that much of a threat?"

Fate shook her head with a sigh. "There are far more of them than there are of us, Nanoha. We're only sending a handful of cruisers, and the Dimensional Navy doesn't want to take any chances. They already have anti-dimensional transport devices, who knows what else they have."

A sip of tea.

"Though... I will admit, Chrono is being a bit too cautious."

As if to spite her choice of words, or perhaps her timing, the ship immediately went under red alert.

<<Alert - unknown dimensonal anomaly detected. All hands, brace for uncontrolled dimensional shift in forty-five seconds.>>

Panic soon gripped the officer's lounge as everyone raced for either the bar or the holograph stage, which were the only two structures in the room sturdy enough to not fly about during a dimensional anomaly. Barring ones that would simply tear the ship apart. Nanoha and Fate both went for the bar. Nanoha and Fate both sent out a telepathic link to Chrono, sensing something odd.

++Chrono-kun - what's going on? Forty-five seconds warning? Normally a call for brace over something like this wouldn't have half the warning time. Nanoha, of course.

++Normally yes, Nanoha, but this thing is massive - it's three times the size of the ship and still growing, we'll never be able to turn away in time at the rate of its expansion. I'm sending an FTL transmission to dimensional Fleet HQ to warn them about this, I just hope it doesn't get any bigger...

Any further conversation was swiftly cut up as the two bows, and with it the officer's lounge, were sucked into the rift. Chrono was in luck - the rift began to shrink as fast as it had begun to expand once the ship was fully inside.
Unidentified Dimension
Earth

The good news, in Nanoha's mind, was that they were not going very fast once they left the dimensional rift.

The bad news, in Nanoha's mind, was that they were in atmosphere and out of control - and heading straight for what looked like New York City, on Earth no less! Earth, no matter the dimension, did not usually take kindly to alien spaceships just showing up in the vicinity of New York. Even if it was clear they were unable to control their descent.

The arrival of the two HFLSS ships, both large but normal-sized sea vessels, caused quite a splash against southern Manhattan.

The Claudia, at a healthy distance over a kilometer in length, dropped like a stone at fifty miles per hour into the New York Harbor between the Statue of Liberty and Governor's Island and damn near caused a tsunami of water to impact the southern tip of Manhattan, with water going as far north as the Trade Center and as far inland as Trinity Church. It skipped once, landed in the water again, and slid forward, floating on until it bumped into Battery Park at just above walking speed before 'sinking' into the muddy 'water' of the Hudson, the suction of its sinking righting a ferry that had nearly capsized from the initial wave.

A few quiet seconds passed on the ship as the computer systems stopped flickering.

"Report," Chrono commanded to the ship's crew. Before they could answer, Chrono's own device, Durandal, did so.

[[Boss: One hundred six onboard casualties, zero fatalities, hull breeches on decks 1, 2, 6, and 20 - no chance of further flooding. Severe damage to holodeck room, dimensional transfer system completely inoperable except for teleportation and storage, shield generators, FTL drive, and main cannons sustained minor damage. Casualties caused by our splashdown unknown - based on speed and population density, I estimate about the same inside and out. Apart from injuries and the dimensional transfer system, nothing that can't be repaired ourselves, Boss.]]

The captain wiped his face, groaning almost more than the bridge crew. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted something on sensors - obviously they were working just fine, but then the sensor rooms were among the sturdiest parts of the outer hull. Something - or perhaps, someone, was using enough dimensional folding for a whole planetary arsenal's worth of Intelligent Devices, and they had parked it near Times Square! As if they had no care if someone saw-oh my. New York City was currently severely lacking in New Yorkers, if the population sensors were functioning properly. They probably were - dimensional scanners had picked up the aftershocks of a massive amount of energy emanating from another continent on Earth, and that may have had something to do with it. Chrono swallowed - whatever caused that kind of energy was not something he wanted to do with, but he had a feeling it would want something to do with him eventually.

His old captain was right - Nanoha, hell, most of Riot Force 6 were bad luck. And - oh look, there was some sort of biomass-consuming zombie whatever up in Harlem. It was going slowly, but it was there, and that just soured his mood more. He'd have to send mages after that, no doubt. Now as to who was responsible for all that dimensional folding. That wasn't too hard to find, either - just find whoever emitted radiation that was sign of pocket dimensions or other such things, and one man - er, humanoid, as this male thing was about as human as the ship - was glowing like a torch to the sensors.

Plan time - plan time complete. He activated ship-wide comms.

"Captains Takamachi and Harlaown, in my ready room for a briefing, I have a mission for you both. Major Saab, I have a mission for you but the briefing won't take nearly as long so I'll do it now. There are some sort of parasitic life forms on the northern end of this island, doing what parasitic lifeforms typically do in regards to sapient life. Please deal with them with as much prejudice as possible, while insuring zero casualties on our own end."

Three statements of compliance came over telepathy.
Near Times Square
A few minutes later

At least the teleporters worked, thought Chrono as he landed but a few feet from the object, Durandal at the ready and in spear form - just in case, you know, it was dangerous. Before him was a police box - or what looked like a police box. But for it to gain that much notice from the sensors, it was definitely more than that. At the very least it was bigger on the inside, much bigger.

Still, on the outside, it seemed very unthreatening, and very uninterested in pasting him across Midtown in any hundreds of ways something with enough power to contain this much space would need - the least of which involved simply unfolding itself, even a little bit.

Above Harlem
That same time

Major Frederick Saab was a tall, thin man, and not the sort you'd expect to be good at close-combat fighting, let alone on a military scale, even when his own Intelligent Device, Surtr, was little more than a flame-element shortsword compared to the spear-type Devices most mages preferred - especially in the Air Force.

Still, he had a booming voice and was good enough at leading his men, which was enough for a Major. Sure, he wasn't nearly on the level of the Aces or even Chrono, but those two were freaks of nature by the typical Midchildan standard. He was strong, but nowhere near their level, and his men and women beneath him were well below his. As it should be? Maybe. Some of them were still teenagers, so it was probably best they didn't have any command posts yet. He was nearing thirty and had been major for a while, but that suited him just fine. Any higher and he'd be chained to a desk by the Big White Dick of the military.

Hm. Perhaps that was why Nanoha and Fate stuck to Captain.

Regardless. He and his men wouldn't attack just yet. Half his forces were currently split trying to speed up evacuation of the area, so he only had about half currently in the air, flying up and down - mostly to see how the infected would react to them before they actually started firing.

When your orders were to return with as few of your own casualties as possible, preferably zero, it was important to do so.

South Manhattan
That same time

Nanoha and Fate had teleported in the air. For some mages that might actually be a problem - as common as flight was, not all could manage it, even in the Chair Force. But Nanoha took to flight like a bird, and Fate was one of the fastest mages in the TSAB, so both maintained an even pace, flying above the citizens. Chrono had decided that the situation in New York was unusual enough that a pair of women in strange uniforms baring equally unusual polearms that could talk would not be as big a deal. That, and what little the ship's computer had downloaded from this Earth's news showed him that it definitely wouldn't be a big deal. Seems that this Earth's equivalent of the Masquerade had been broken a long time ago.

Nanoha was just about to complain about how unhappy she was that she wasn't fighting the zombies (to which Fate would likely have responded that Nanoha's idea of 'fighting' would likely involve vaporizing Harlem) when Fate had spotted their, shall we say, 'target'.

"Nanoha - there! By those two men... floating?" She shrugged it off and looked at Nanoha.

"Now remember, let me handle most of the talking."

++Chrono-kun, your sister is being mean to me, saying I can't do diplomacy!

++Just don't shoot anyone, Nanoha.

She turned to Fate with the legendary technique Face Of Kicked Puppy (False) right as they began their descent to the man in question. "Mou, Fate, your brother is being mean to me!" They both got a laugh out of that as they landed between and off to one side of the blossoming conversation.

"Excuse me... sir," Fate finally decided upon a pronoun, her English betraying a slight Japanese and a stronger Midchildan accent, "but my compatriot and I -" Nanoha looked almost wounded at such an unplatonic term "- could not help but notice that you're emitting quite a lot of radiation indicative of having been in an area of heavily folded spacetime recently. I do not mean to be rude, but would you be willing to answer a few questions about that? I assure you, you are in no danger." Which was only half-true. What comes next will decide how much danger he's in, thought Fate.

Gibson had just got back onto the water, deploying his own T-15 Torpedo Boats (all 15 compared to Elliot's 28 T-15s, whom were deployed long ago) one by one to guard the bay. Elliot had unraveled the sails on his rigging, heading out to sea to keep count of Gibson's boats and flag down whatever ferries were traveling down the bay. To Elliot's luck, he and his F2 group boats flagged down ferry belonging to the 'NY Waterways', guiding them over to the Pier A Harbor House for an emergency docking and collecting as many bystanders on board as possible.

This would have been easier, however, if not for the fact that a giant ship from space came down into the Upper Bay, sending a tidal wave that damn near sunk all of Gibson's T-15 boats alongside Elliot's group of T-15 boats (Flotilla Two / F2). Technically, Elliot was the heavier ship, and due to his high freeboard and deep draft as the actual ship, Elliot barely flinched as the tsunami of water from the spaceship's crash landing came splashing into his face, soaking his sails and clothing alike. Gibson was just as soak, and incredibly crossed with such a dramatic entry for an alien ship.

Barely able to hear the voice of a certain 'Doctor' at Battery Park shouting at him and Elliot, it wasn't long until Gibson got his bearings together, look at where the Doctor was and saw that the MB-52 helicopter from before - Halo Eight - had been splashed out of the air. But before he could tend to the downed fairy-size MB-52, Gibson had to go upright half of his boats and some of Elliot's boats, along with rescuing whatever fairy crew had survived the tsunami. So far, there were no losses of life aside from plenty of people being mad or terrified from the alien ship's crash landing and tsunami that came with it.

Like actual ships launching buoyant lines, Gibson and Elliot went from directing ships and people to rescue operations. Both shipboys were no strangers to this situation, having first been placed in civilian search and rescue missions in the 1950s or 1960s; however, the thought of tossing buoyant heaving lines and righting boats back on their bottoms was an already boring yet intense job. From the 1960s until the late 1980s for Gibson, or 1960s to 2004 for Elliot, search and rescue was nowhere as exciting like war, though it did bring both shipboys an obligation to protect the civilian and commercial maritime safety in the Atlantic ... which was what both Kraician shipboys cared for during that time.

While the T-15s were being righted and both shipboys were gathering survivors from the water (fairy and human alike), the downed MB-52 from earlier had been the first serious casualties for the Kraicians. The pilot fairy was killed on impact, while the co-pilot was knocked unconscious but very much alive aside from the concussion and dislocated right arm from the nose first impact. The fuselage was soaked, and both rotors were twisted and bent, while the engine had fell silent long ago and its flames extinguished; however, that was the bad news.

The good news was that all four Kraician marine fairies inside were alive and well aside from minor injuries; however, the tail section of the MB-52 had been torn off from the impact, dragging the entire rotary engine with it. The Kraician fairies were relieved that the engine and fuel tanks didn't rupture ... or at least not yet with all that seawater splashed all over them and the downed fairy-sized tandem rotor helicopter. Not even a moment later, a lone Kraician marine fairy crawled out of the wreckage, alive but bruised on the left side of his face as he slowly got to his feet.

Due to the MB-52 helicopter being split in half, it wasn't long until the three other Kraician marine fairies walked out, with the two riflemen carrying the unconscious co-pilot out of the wreckage. Setting the co-pilot down on the New York concrete, both riflemen took a brief breather before going back inside and coming out with the deceased pilot fairy. The main pilot himself had broke his neck on impact, rendering him the first Kraician casualty on American soil, and with the radio knocked out from the crash, the fairies were without wireless communication to radio for rescue and retrieval; however, they did have another option thanks to the Doctor's timely arrival...

Rupudska wrote:

To say that Gibson and Elliot were surprised was actually incorrect. Elliot had endured attacks from the German Fritz X and the Japanese Kamikaze attacks, which would have normally brought battleships to their knees in minutes; however, nothing had prepared him and Gibson for the introduction of two female strangers that descended to them like angels from the heavens. Elliot's usually laid-back and collective persona was replaced by a scarred and jaundiced presence, enhanced by his height that emitted an authoritarian presence, whom Gibson seemed to acknowledge as he looked towards the two female newcomers heading their way. Being the older ship than Elliot (whom is 78 years old as the actual ship), Gibson Grover was 98 year old as the actual ship, and his age was apparent via a long and stressed exhale, betraying his appearance as a 26-year-old 5'11ft tall male with a mostly pale skin complexion (unique Kraician trait).

"We don't have much time." Gibson spoke first, beating Elliot to the chase despite taking his last couple steps to close the distance; however, unlike before, Gibson's age had caught up to him, uttering a voice that sounded much older and strained, "We're ordering the evacuation of New York. There's been some plague sweeping through the city up north. Whatever that plague is, thousands are dying as we speak."

Looking over to Elliot, Gibson spoke in Holtlandic/Icelandic, relaying orders to the 7ft tall five-masted sailing shipboy, "Elliotsjökull, skiptu bátum þínum undir stjórn mína. Fáðu restina af fólki á þeirri ferju og láttu þá fara úr borginni. (Repledge your boats under my command. Get the rest of the people on that ferry and have them leave the city.)"

"Eins og þú óskar. (As you wish.)" Elliot nodded gentlemanly; however, before he could go, Gibson had one more thing for him.

"Elliot, eins og fyrir það ... maður þarna úti, (Elliot, as for that ... man over there,)" Gibson added, pointing towards the Doctor's direction as well as the downed MB-52 helicopter (Halo Eight), "Ef hann ákveður að hjálpa okkur, stuttu hann og hafið flóttann aftur. (If he is deciding to help us, brief him and have the wreckage recovered.)"

Nexicoe
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexicoe » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:36 am

The Flood, Gravemind
Sugar Hill, Harlem, Manhattan

Unfortunately for the city of New York, the Flood infestation they were dealing with was far more advanced than one usually is for the current beginning stages. With the existence of a Gravemind and sufficient biomass aboard High Charity to make Pure Forms, the rate of infection was sped up considerably compared to if it were a normal infestation starting in the Feral Stage.

Helicopters arrived, trying to get people away from the spreading infection, but they would find themselves not being allowed in easily. Combat Forms that spotted them would fire their weapons at them, whether trying to drive them away or down them to create more corpses it wasn't immediately clear.

More dispersal pods arrived, this time loaded with Carrier Forms; each one bearing a pulsating sac of biomass filled with Infection Forms. The Carrier Forms waddled their way into buildings or any other crowded area they saw and exploded, releasing their infectious payload onto the innocent lives around them.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:49 pm

The Doctor

"Well you're one to talk," The Doctor replied, scanning the newcomers over after they suddenly appeared in the aftermath of the tidal wave that had left him soaked. "You're both practically sweating Bekaren and Artron energy, and you just happen to show up after that laughable excuse for a ship crashes into the harbor on top of everything else going on!" The Doctor gestured grandly to the ship before sweeping it in an arc as if to point out the rest of the city.

He walked towards them, but kept a reasonable distance. "I am the Doctor, a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I am a time traveler over 2000 years old and I fly a bright blue box! Now, does that answer your question? Shhh! Don't answer that; that isn't what you should be asking. You should be asking 'why are we all here'." The Doctor suddenly looked as if he had an epiphany and took off towards Time Square at a brisk sprint. "You can come if you want but don't slow me down, Space P.E." He called over his shoulder.

When he finally reached Time Square, the massive electronic displays were still operating in full swing. Pulling out his sonic screwdriver he aimed it into the air, illuminating the green emitter as it interfaced with the telecommunications networks that blanketed the city, amplifying the signal. All the screens in the Square suddenly cut out, only to be replaced by the Doctor's face a moment later. But it wasn't just the screens in the immediate area. "Hello New York," The Doctor's voice echoed from every speaker connected to radio or the internet. "This is the Doctor speaking, and I think there are quite of few of you who can hear my voice and who aren't originally from this dimension. Somethings going on, and I want to find out what caused us to be torn from our native dimensions. I am currently standing in Time Square, so come find me if you want to learn what's happened to us. If you don't know where Time Square is, look for blue..."

Giving the Sonic new instructions, the screens turned into blue down pointing arrows. And every available screen stretching out from Times Square suddenly sported a similar blue arrow, but pointing in the direction of the Doctor.

Zadkiel

The servant of Rhodin tightened his grip on the hilt of his sword but made no move to draw it. No one dared speak that way to a Jül on Yigros, but fortunately, Zadkiel was not one with a large ego. "I am Zadkiel, servant of the Lord of Light Rhodin from the plane known as Slonnas. I know not anything about that strange creature. I approached your vessel in hopes it was from my native plane, but I see I was mistaken. I meant no disrespect, merely hoping for an ally in a troublesome situation."

Then his ears picked up the sound of a man's voice coming from below them, but amplified as if by some magic. "Do know this 'Doctor'?" Zadkiel asked the strange man, but halfway not expecting an response, let alone a useful one.

Dovahkiin and Durnehviir

"Do you wish to investigate this strange phasician's claims, Qahnaarin?" The Dragon asked as he spotted the blue light from his place above the city. The Dragonborn was about to reply, but his aura whisper still had claim on the world, and he spotted three figures in the sky, and a massive soul of some kind to the north. The flying castle that crashed into the bay was also a concern. He pointed to the other areas of interest and shrugged. "Hmmm, yes. The time for deciding is nigh. Whatever you choose, I will take you there, Qahnaarin, but I feel the Soul Cairn pulling me back. My stay here will not last much longer.

Taking a moment to ponder, the Dragonborn eventually pointed down, and Durnehviir pitched downward. "Onik Miiraad: Wise choice, Qahnaarin," The Dragon praised. They touched down, much to the alarm of the Doctor seeing a dragon land in Time Square.

"Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that..."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse