NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Liberate Balder

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Ichika
Civilian

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

[Draft] Liberate Balder

Postby Ichika » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:08 pm

The Security Council,

Noting that Balder, a Sinker region birthed in the year 2011, has been a stable region for over seven years;

Believing that that stability has lulled the native nations into a sense of security, a security that is thinly veiling their regions governments coup that has lasted for two or more years;

Horrified by the fact that the regions ruling monarchical nation, Solorni, has done absolutely nothing to stop the silent couping of their region and allowed imperialist nations to take it for themselves;

Afraid that the native nations, who only want to rule their region themselves, will never get a chance due to the imperialist regime declaring any nation that disagrees with them persona non grata;

Amazed at the imperialist governments total disregard for Foreign Affairs and inter-regional friendships by banning key nations from Osiris, including former Pharoah Syberis and the nation next in line to the World Assembly Delegacy;

Astounded that a small minority of the regional electorate, a total equaling greater than one-fifths but less than half, hails from imperialist regions such as The Land of Kings and Emperors and Europeia with the goal of using the Sinker region as a recruitment base;

Stupefied that the imperialist stranglehold on the region has been able to survive for so long without a native uprising to kick them out, and believing that liberating the region is the first step in doing so;

Hereby liberates Balder.

Erithaca
Envoy

Founded: Apr 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Erithaca » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Since when was Europeia monarchist?

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:53 pm

This is a rather dumb proposal, considering it's completely useless in its entirety, and not a joke.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:54 pm

Erithaca wrote:Since when was Europeia monarchist?

Where did the proposal say they were? :unsure:
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:55 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:

Perhaps it was a mis-typing based on the draft calling Europeia Imperialist?

The Great Imperator Jeffrey
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Great Imperator Jeffrey » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:58 pm

Why should I or anyone else here care about what's going on in Balder or any of the other sinkers?
The Imperium is ruled by God-Imperator Jeffrey the Conqueror of Universes, Rightful Ruler of All, and Supreme Leader for All Eternity. The God-Imperator has control over a significant portion of the multiverse. Everyone is oppressed.
A Class 0.143 Civilization according to this index.
(Tier: 14 Type: 14)

Technology Level: FFT
Alignment: Lawful Evil
NS stats are a conspiracy against me.

HAIL THE IMPERATOR!

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:04 pm

The Great Imperator Jeffrey wrote:Why should I or anyone else here care about what's going on in Balder or any of the other sinkers?

Like it or not, all of said Sinkers are fairly interested in this place themselves, aside from controlling a couple thousand WA votes or so combined.

Erithaca
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Erithaca » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:06 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:

The penultimate clause:
Astounded that a small minority of the regional electorate, a total equaling greater than one-fifths but less than half, hails from imperialist regions such as The Land of Kings and Emperors and Europeia with the goal of using the Sinker region as a recruitment base

This proposal is ridiculous for a few reasons:

1. Europeia is not imperialist and is pretty hard to interpret as such.
  2. Native nations haven't complained, at least as far as I have seen.
  3. No coup, silent or otherwise, has taken place in Balder, just the selection of government members.
  4. This proposal also suggests that there is something intrinsicaly wrong with a monarchist GCR.
  5. This proposal is quite clearly somebody angry at the recent PNG declerations, which are not worthy of a liberation, which applies to the whole region.
  6. This is probably just from beef from the arguments on the embassy thread of Balder.
  7. Is there any evidence of Balder being used as a recruitment base?
  8. It is unclear who this nation is a puppet of.
Last edited by Erithaca on Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:46 pm

hails from imperialist regions such as The Land of Kings and Emperors and Europeia with the goal of using the Sinker region as a recruitment base

Monarchist isn't mentioned at all in relation to Euro so not sure where you're getting that from. just to note, in GP terms there is a difference in the terms.
Last edited by Drop Your Pants on Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:24 pm

This is hilarious
I like it :3
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Erithaca
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Erithaca » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:06 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
hails from imperialist regions such as The Land of Kings and Emperors and Europeia with the goal of using the Sinker region as a recruitment base

Monarchist isn't mentioned at all in relation to Euro so not sure where you're getting that from. just to note, in GP terms there is a difference in the terms.

I understand that now. How is Europeia meant to be imperialist?

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:09 pm

Erithaca wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:Monarchist isn't mentioned at all in relation to Euro so not sure where you're getting that from. just to note, in GP terms there is a difference in the terms.

Shh, the buzzwords make perfect sense.
Malphe Vytherov

Miss Bad Life Choices
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Miss Bad Life Choices » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:39 pm

Erithaca wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:Monarchist isn't mentioned at all in relation to Euro so not sure where you're getting that from. just to note, in GP terms there is a difference in the terms.

The Imperial Joint Command Coalition obviously.

Wait...
Xoriet: You’re the best thing to hit raiding since Sev
Miravana: "the accident" is the best way to describe Dak becoming a GCR delegate

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:19 am

I couldn't help but laugh. In all seriousness, against. Many things in the proposal are true (the behaviour of Balder towards Osiris for example) but it's not enough.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:45 pm

Against.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Mr Bubbly
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mr Bubbly » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:00 pm

RiderSyl wrote:Against.

Why? TEP was liberated for far worse reasons. At least Rach in coordination with Onder has made this reasonable. TEP was liberated because Yuno made a funny WFE, and worked with the West Pacific and the Black Hawks. Balder is enabling the imperialist aggression of Onder. Either repeal TEP's liberation, or make it even and pass this one.

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:05 pm

Mr Bubbly wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:Against.

Why? TEP was liberated for far worse reasons. At least Rach in coordination with Onder has made this reasonable. TEP was liberated because Yuno made a funny WFE, and worked with the West Pacific and the Black Hawks. Balder is enabling the imperialist aggression of Onder. Either repeal TEP's liberation, or make it even and pass this one.

The liberate TEP was meant to be funny, not in serio with this. This one looks like it was copied right off the last several pages of the balder gameplay thread and with the details aforementioned it is not justifiable enough for a liberation. It does not even prevent passwording because liberations have no effect on gcrs.

Mr Bubbly
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mr Bubbly » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:10 pm

Cosmopolitan borovan wrote: It does not even prevent passwording because liberations have no effect on gcrs.

Yet TEP was liberated? What purpose did that serve other than to make Yuno look good? Rach has accomplished far more than Yuno ever has, so whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:21 pm

Mr Bubbly wrote:
Cosmopolitan borovan wrote: It does not even prevent passwording because liberations have no effect on gcrs.

Yet TEP was liberated? What purpose did that serve other than to make Yuno look good? Rach has accomplished far more than Yuno ever has, so whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

It's not meant to make her look good, she was already well liked by a segment of a certain demographic of players. If the security council is meant to be only as taken seriously, then yeah the resolution might be moot, but this is seen as something of an in-joke.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:36 pm

Mr Bubbly wrote:Either repeal TEP's liberation, or make it even and pass this one.

No.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:16 am

Two totally different situations. TEP actually wanted their Liberation. Balder being Liberated for serious reasons makes no sense because a Liberation used seriously against a GCR is pointless. A Liberation does literally nothing to a GCR, which is why the only reason to pass one is as a joke.
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:53 am

Xoriet wrote:Two totally different situations. TEP actually wanted their Liberation. Balder being Liberated for serious reasons makes no sense because a Liberation used seriously against a GCR is pointless. A Liberation does literally nothing to a GCR, which is why the only reason to pass one is as a joke.

A liberation also does nothing to foundered regions, but we've accepted them as a sort of "condemnation-but-we-actually-mean-it".
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:18 pm

Aclion wrote:
Xoriet wrote:Two totally different situations. TEP actually wanted their Liberation. Balder being Liberated for serious reasons makes no sense because a Liberation used seriously against a GCR is pointless. A Liberation does literally nothing to a GCR, which is why the only reason to pass one is as a joke.

A liberation also does nothing to foundered regions, but we've accepted them as a sort of "condemnation-but-we-actually-mean-it".

It does do something to a foundered region, just not one with much of an effect (yet)

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:54 am

Ehhh

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council