NATION

PASSWORD

Stories in the Forest (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!
User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25329
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Stories in the Forest (OOC/Closed)

Postby Harbertia » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:02 pm

IC LINK

You are about to enter a world unlike your own but familiar, the same time but a different place in an alternate reality.

To the forests just outside a West Virginian town named Woodview.

You are among a group who have been planning a camping trip this october in the mountain forests.

As planned you and the others have packed up inside Monica Strumvitner's truck to this place.

Monica's a local woman, one of the oldest on the trip, she's alright and it's time for

Stories in the Forest
Image


OP Character: Monica "Monty" Strumvitner
Monica is one of the oldest attending the trip and the one who has provided transportation. A local Monica graduated Woodview High and set about chopping wood as per her family's business. Boyish and 'cool' Monica had the reputation as a tough gal really into baseball- someone who has been in a few fights- and these have resulted in her gaining the name 'Monty' causing confusion among parents hearing about her. You and her have some connection. Perhaps you schooled together or perhaps she welcomed you to town. What ever the connection is it's enough for her to take you on this trip.

Image
Monty

Image
Strumvitner House, it's not far from the camp site by truck- by foot is another matter.

The Strumvitner ancestors had immigrated to Woodview to work in the employ of Friederich Denson. While the then patriarch of the family indeed did so his eldest son found employ with the Dorians. When the Dorians left for the old country this elder son found himself managing one of the lumberyards. The eldest was doing well in such a role but fell into drunkardness and despite others being perhaps more solid of mind to manage the yard he held to his position until the yard fell into financial ruin and was sold to the Densons. The family in Woodview, with few outstanding exceptions who usually move out of town, have been hunters and lumbermen ever since and rather isolated from the frontline of politics.


Participant Characters
This is a list of characters created by fellow participants.

Not Our World
This RP is in a setting that aims to include more then this single RP and while the year is 2018 the world of the RP is different but not enough to be unrecognizable. Porto Rico is the 51st State (as per the 2017 referendum) and rather then the United Nations this world has the United League of Nations (for the same reason that NS has the WA). VHS, Records, and Cassettes are still widely produced and sold. Some players may at times find it odd that things feel like the 70s, or early 90s despite all the tech of our own world existing in the setting though not being as widely used. The world is inspired by Life is Strange, Until Dawn, Scooby-Doo, Archie's Weird Mysteries, and Super 8. Not everyone nor everything may be what it seems in Woodview.

--Additional Notes brought on by the players--
  • What we know as 'Nintendo' in our world is 'Hanafuda' in this alternate reality.
  • There is a gaming console known as 'SAGA' produced by SAGA Multimedia Entertainment based in Europe.

Woodview
Mayor: Robert Denson IV

History: Woodview was founded by Friederich Denson in the later half of the 19th century. While the Densons have attempted to diminish the role played by the Dorian family none can escape the fact that the town both thrived and suffered from the rivalry between the two families. While largely forgotten the two entered as the largest financial backers behind the township- but conflicting visions for it's future and events now largely forgotten drove a struggle for dominance and thus dominion over Woodview. This brought with it grand projects as the two clans attempted to outdo one another but also bore with it some level of civil strife as other families began to take sides. The end result of this struggle was a Denson victory of sorts- the Dorians left with a fair fortune for the Old Country and their primary holdings in woodview where quickly acquired by the Densons or declined from the ill management of those left in charge. With control of the railways and lumberyards the Densons quickly began to solidify a Coal Empire in West Virginia.

Yet still the Dorians did hold on to shares in Woodview Coal Inc, a constant reminder to the Densons that the Dorians where never truly gone. The Densons have done well for the township but with fame comes the risk of infamy and their family home, Blackroof, has acquired quite a local lore.


Character Creation
A note; the RP is simple for now- a group on a camping trip sharing stories around a camp fire but it's hoped the RP continues beyond that with those involved coming up with mysteries and story arches for us to participate. After the stories at this camp fire are told we'll decide if we want to continue and how we want to continue over the OOC before implementing it on the IC. Until then, enjoy the stories and don't wander too far....
Code: Select all
[b]Character Name[/b]:
[b]About the Character[/b]: *new to town? Local? Fond memories? Relation to the group and anything else you want us to know [i]want us to know[/i]*
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:59 am, edited 11 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Dreshand
Envoy
 
Posts: 278
Founded: Aug 28, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Dreshand » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:04 pm

Tagg
This nation does not represent my views. Or maybe it does, who knows
PT, MT, PMT or FT nation depending on my mood. Expect eldritch shenanigans
Feel free to Tg me, I'm a very lonely person
There is no context where Hail Yuno is not relevant
Newsfeed: PSA: Mirrors are temporarily banned//Wrongful skinning lawsuit draws to a close//Avant Grade gallery opens//Weather: Sunny with spontaneous combustion/Law and Order: Concrete statue arrested for strangling 6 men//

User avatar
Danceria
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8974
Founded: Aug 13, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danceria » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:15 pm

Hello...?~
Is it me you're looking for?


Though I am a little confused, are we entering into this strange new world, or are we a part of it?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25329
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Danceria wrote:Hello...?~
Is it me you're looking for?


Though I am a little confused, are we entering into this strange new world, or are we a part of it?

OH ahhaha sorry I got a bit 'Twilight Zone' inspired there at the beginning- you are from the world of the setting but as a player will be experiencing it for the first time. I'll set about making that less confusing.

*realizes the above might be a confusing response*

Clarity: Your character is from the world of the setting not our world.

Thank you for bringing the confusion to my attention.

Edit: I have no idea how to rectify the confusion. I can only hope potential players read this.

Edit2: it's too late at night for me to devise an introduction that provides clarity to this.

Edit3: Though if you want to be from our world you can- be that your secret so be it.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Danceria
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8974
Founded: Aug 13, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danceria » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Danceria wrote:Hello...?~
Is it me you're looking for?


Though I am a little confused, are we entering into this strange new world, or are we a part of it?

OH ahhaha sorry I got a bit 'Twilight Zone' inspired there at the beginning- you are from the world of the setting but as a player will be experiencing it for the first time. I'll set about making that less confusing.

*realizes the above might be a confusing response*

Clarity: Your character is from the world of the setting not our world.

Thank you for bringing the confusion to my attention.

Edit: I have no idea how to rectify the confusion. I can only hope potential players read this.

Edit2: it's too late at night for me to devise an introduction that provides clarity to this.

Edit3: Though if you want to be from our world you can- be that your secret so be it.

It could be an interesting plot, a la Life Is Strange, where some people realize that a few from Twilight Zone are missing and displaced in our world and vice versa. But that entirely depends on your direction, it's your story after all.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

User avatar
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Minister
 
Posts: 2353
Founded: Feb 01, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:19 pm

Tag

User avatar
Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 433
Founded: Aug 29, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Ihury » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:31 pm

Well well well, what have we here.

User avatar
Main Nation Ministry
Senator
 
Posts: 4788
Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:33 pm

Is this sorta like an anthology RP in the beginning? If so or not, I'm still want to tag this.
Last edited by Main Nation Ministry on Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Local 18 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "This video is a reliable or unreliable hint on what I have planned for World Bowl 36." - Me.

User avatar
The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6248
Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:02 am

tag
[_★_]_[' ]_
( -_-) (-_Q) If you understand that both Capitalism and Socialism have ideas that deserve merit, put this in your signature.
My preferred nickname is Warg
✠ (Put this in your Signature if you are a Fascist Nation!)
For nearly 11 years you have brought the German people into an age of disaster, evil, and corruption, no more.
Auf Wiedersehen, mein Führer, Deutschland über alles...

-Erwin Rommel, before shooting Adolf Hitler in the head
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUND MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25329
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:17 am

Danceria wrote:It could be an interesting plot, a la Life Is Strange, where some people realize that a few from Twilight Zone are missing and displaced in our world and vice versa. But that entirely depends on your direction, it's your story after all.

Just letting you know that it is an option while hinting that it'd likely be something your character would hold as a secret and perhaps have started to doubt with them suspecting that they might actually be delusional or perhaps being rather enthusiastic ala the Mandela Effect. It'd certainly be something amazing to explore if both 'selves' switch places infrequently after sleep every so many years or months or unpredictably. Regardless I'm interested in seeing your character for the RP.

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Is this sorta like an anthology RP in the beginning? If so or not, I'm still want to tag this.

You could say it'll be a series of frame stories at first- though if the stories all revolve around the town that'd certainly put it in the category of an anthology.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9569
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:06 am

Tag!
Patriotic centrist American, who is vaguely right leaning. I support the Bill of Rights. I have no loyalty to any party. Expand or die. That's how humanity works. Science fiction is the best genre. The solar system is ours for the taking. I am a male. You can't spell team without "me". I support the troops.
Call me Pax. I take things literally, being a literal person.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you think we should colonize other planets.
#colonizemars
TANSTAAFL
( -_-) (-_Q) If you understand that both Capitalism and Socialism have ideas that deserve merit, put this in your signature.
Quotes
Pro:Bill of Rights,guns,centrism,capitalism,socialism,space exploration,Christianity
Anti: Trump,Clinton,Johnson,Green,fascism,Communism,big business

User avatar
Vulnier
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1563
Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vulnier » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:28 am

Tag.
If you can't convience them, confuse them.

- Harry S. Truman
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

User avatar
The Pearl River
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 53
Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Pearl River » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:25 am

tag

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9569
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:44 am

Character Name: Evan Hunter
About the Character: Evan Hunter's family has lived in Woodview for generations. One of his ancestors was one present when Woodview was founded. Evan is almost 17, and got his license a few months ago. He lives on his family's small dairy farm just outside of town, and being a farm kid, he grew up caring for animals, driving farm equipment, hunting, and fishing. He is a junior at the high school. In what free time he has, Evan enjoys listening to classic rock, playing videogames, reading, hunting, and fishing. He drives his dad's old tan 1984 Chevy Scottsdale that's been retrofitted with a tape deck/CD player combo. He's done some camping, but farm work doesn't allow much time for something overnight. His favorite author is Robert Heinlein, his current favorite song is AC/DC's Back in Black, his favorite videogame is Tetris, and his favorite gun is his 12 GA Remington 870, which his father gave him. He has three brothers, and a sister, in addition to his parents.
Last edited by Pax Nerdvana on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Patriotic centrist American, who is vaguely right leaning. I support the Bill of Rights. I have no loyalty to any party. Expand or die. That's how humanity works. Science fiction is the best genre. The solar system is ours for the taking. I am a male. You can't spell team without "me". I support the troops.
Call me Pax. I take things literally, being a literal person.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you think we should colonize other planets.
#colonizemars
TANSTAAFL
( -_-) (-_Q) If you understand that both Capitalism and Socialism have ideas that deserve merit, put this in your signature.
Quotes
Pro:Bill of Rights,guns,centrism,capitalism,socialism,space exploration,Christianity
Anti: Trump,Clinton,Johnson,Green,fascism,Communism,big business

User avatar
Vulnier
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1563
Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vulnier » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:33 am

WIP
Character Name: Clayton Moore
About the Character: *new to town? Local? Fond memories? Relation to the group and anything else you want us to know want us to know*
If you can't convience them, confuse them.

- Harry S. Truman
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25329
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:10 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Character Name: Evan Hunter
About the Character: Evan Hunter's family has lived in Woodview for generations. One of his ancestors was one present when Woodview was founded. Evan is almost 17, and got his license a few months ago. He lives on his family's small dairy farm just outside of town, and being a farm kid, he grew up caring for animals, driving farm equipment, hunting, and fishing. He is a junior at the high school. In what free time he has, Evan enjoys listening to classic rock, playing videogames, reading, hunting, and fishing. He drives his dad's old tan 1984 Chevy Scottsdale that's been retrofitted with a tape deck/CD player combo. He's done some camping, but farm work doesn't allow much time for something overnight. His favorite author is Robert Heinlein, his current favorite song is AC/DC's Back in Black, his favorite videogame is Tetris, and his favorite gun is his 12 GA Remington 870, which his father gave him. He has three brothers, and a sister, in addition to his parents.

Welcome to the RP 8)
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25329
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:48 pm

Vulnier wrote:WIP
Character Name: Clayton Moore
About the Character: *new to town? Local? Fond memories? Relation to the group and anything else you want us to know want us to know*

Do TG me when it's ready so know to check on it.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Main Nation Ministry
Senator
 
Posts: 4788
Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:09 pm

Character Name: Carl Merrick
About the Character: Carl Merrick is a 18 year old senior who recently graduated from high school in Woodview. His primary hobby due to his coding skills is making text adventures, usually based on horror movies and books that he has, which he makes on his computer. He mainly still lives in the suburbs with his parents, where he has his own car of a Ford Del Ray, which he had to save up his weekly allowance to get. During the weekends, he works at the local convience store to earn extra money to buy himself an Atari ST.
Local 18 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "This video is a reliable or unreliable hint on what I have planned for World Bowl 36." - Me.

User avatar
The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Minister
 
Posts: 2353
Founded: Feb 01, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:28 pm

Character Name: Will Denson

About the Character: William Denson is the third son of Robert Denson IV, current patriarch of the Denson clan and mayor of Woodview, who trace their descent from Friederich Denson, founder of Woodview. The Denson's are an old and wealthy clan, first making their money in Fur Trapping, before making a huge portion of their wealth in the coal buisness, having been the original owners of the Woodview Coal Mine and still the majority shareholders in Woodview Coal Inc., despite quite a few hostile takeover attempts over the years. The Denson Farm takes up a couple hundred acres outside of Woodview itself and is home to several larger homes, including Blackroof, the ancestral home of Will's family and an often cursed location amongst locals.

Will was the third son and fifth child of his father. His mother is Robert's fourth wife, after two divorces and a rather untimely death from his third wife. This has resulted in a 12 year age difference between Will and his closest sibling. As is Denson tradition, Will was sent off to boarding school for most of his childhood, and took great dislike to any sort of authority, often returning home after a semester because of one prank gone bad. Eventually, Will was forced to attend Woodview High his senior year with Monty. Though he got into college, mostly off his father's money, Will quickly got bored and dropped out his sophomore year. Upon being kicked out by his father, Will took a job working at a local auto repair shop, while his mother made sure he still got a steady supply of cash.

Image

User avatar
Codagh
Secretary
 
Posts: 28
Founded: Oct 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Codagh » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:55 pm

Ooo! This looks fun!

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25329
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:51 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Character Name: Carl Merrick
About the Character: Carl Merrick is a 18 year old senior who recently graduated from high school in Woodview. His primary hobby due to his coding skills is making text adventures, usually based on horror movies and books that he has, which he makes on his computer. He mainly still lives in the suburbs with his parents, where he has his own car of a Ford Del Ray, which he had to save up his weekly allowance to get. During the weekends, he works at the local convience store to earn extra money to buy himself an Atari ST.

Welcome to the RP 8)

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:Character Name: Will Denson

About the Character: William Denson is the third son of Robert Denson IV, current patriarch of the Denson clan and mayor of Woodview, who trace their descent from Friederich Denson, founder of Woodview. The Denson's are an old and wealthy clan, first making their money in Fur Trapping, before making a huge portion of their wealth in the coal buisness, having been the original owners of the Woodview Coal Mine and still the majority shareholders in Woodview Coal Inc., despite quite a few hostile takeover attempts over the years. The Denson Farm takes up a couple hundred acres outside of Woodview itself and is home to several larger homes, including Blackroof, the ancestral home of Will's family and an often cursed location amongst locals.

Will was the third son and fifth child of his father. His mother is Robert's fourth wife, after two divorces and a rather untimely death from his third wife. This has resulted in a 12 year age difference between Will and his closest sibling. As is Denson tradition, Will was sent off to boarding school for most of his childhood, and took great dislike to any sort of authority, often returning home after a semester because of one prank gone bad. Eventually, Will was forced to attend Woodview High his senior year with Monty. Though he got into college, mostly off his father's money, Will quickly got bored and dropped out his sophomore year. Upon being kicked out by his father, Will took a job working at a local auto repair shop, while his mother made sure he still got a steady supply of cash.

(Image)

The best application so far and approved. I imagine the Strumvitner's came down to work in the fur business all those years ago. It's also great to see her actually included even in passing.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9569
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:02 am

Harbertia wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Character Name: Evan Hunter
About the Character: Evan Hunter's family has lived in Woodview for generations. One of his ancestors was one present when Woodview was founded. Evan is almost 17, and got his license a few months ago. He lives on his family's small dairy farm just outside of town, and being a farm kid, he grew up caring for animals, driving farm equipment, hunting, and fishing. He is a junior at the high school. In what free time he has, Evan enjoys listening to classic rock, playing videogames, reading, hunting, and fishing. He drives his dad's old tan 1984 Chevy Scottsdale that's been retrofitted with a tape deck/CD player combo. He's done some camping, but farm work doesn't allow much time for something overnight. His favorite author is Robert Heinlein, his current favorite song is AC/DC's Back in Black, his favorite videogame is Tetris, and his favorite gun is his 12 GA Remington 870, which his father gave him. He has three brothers, and a sister, in addition to his parents.

Welcome to the RP 8)

Thanks!
Patriotic centrist American, who is vaguely right leaning. I support the Bill of Rights. I have no loyalty to any party. Expand or die. That's how humanity works. Science fiction is the best genre. The solar system is ours for the taking. I am a male. You can't spell team without "me". I support the troops.
Call me Pax. I take things literally, being a literal person.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you think we should colonize other planets.
#colonizemars
TANSTAAFL
( -_-) (-_Q) If you understand that both Capitalism and Socialism have ideas that deserve merit, put this in your signature.
Quotes
Pro:Bill of Rights,guns,centrism,capitalism,socialism,space exploration,Christianity
Anti: Trump,Clinton,Johnson,Green,fascism,Communism,big business

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25329
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:41 pm

For those of you who have tagged this and have yet to post characters I plan to get the IC up tomorrow (10/27/18) around 7 or 8 AM Eastern Standard Time (US East Coast). Once the IC gets rolling it is unlikely additional characters will be approved.
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Danceria
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8974
Founded: Aug 13, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danceria » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:38 pm

Character Name: Donablain “Donny/Dodo” Dorian
About the Character: Well, if you haven’t heard of Donny, then you must be plenty deaf or live under a rock. Very much your atypical small-town musician, with a small band that he occasionally plays and records gigs in. Him and Monica go way back, and have known each other since middle school (a humorous introduction where Donny thought Monica was actually a dude). He is a man of Irish-Afrikaner decent, with a pleasant but still subdued Galway accent. When not swimming, biking, or playing guitar, he typically runs Tabletop Night for the local nerds, and works at his dad’s comic shop Legendary Ledger.

Onto the Dorians themselves, they are an old clan, almost as old as the Densons, and their rivalry for Woodview is even fiercer in the past. From the very foundation of the town, the two had gone back and forth between owning the town. The Densons trapped the beavers, but the Dorians owned the lumberyards, the Densons mined the coal, but the Dorians owned the railways. For reasons still unknown to this day, the heated spirit of one-upmanship finally caused the Dorians to be temporarily exiled. But they returned during the turn of the century, with descendents of the Dorians being found among the shareholders, and most recently, the CEO of Saga Multimedia Entertainment, with the SAGA console proving to be the European based rival to Hanafuda (Nintendo) in the video game craze of the late 90s and early 00s. The return of the Dorians during the early 00s during the unrest of South Africa was an unheeded omen for things to come. Mister Ethan Dorian would be known to be a rather humble man, who frequented the town, and who rented a plot of land on 3021 Wesley Blvd. This would be the present day residency of the Dorian Family in Woodville, as the old Greyflow* Manor was burned down some years ago. To this day, the Dorians are known as “those humble and occasionally eccentric foreigners who party and pray hard”.

One of the old legends was of the Coal-black Banshee, a paranormal story with several variations.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25329
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:04 pm

Danceria wrote:Character Name: Donablain “Donny/Dodo” Dorian
About the Character: Well, if you haven’t heard of Donny, then you must be plenty deaf or live under a rock. Very much your atypical small-town musician, with a small band that he occasionally plays and records gigs in. Him and Monica go way back, and have known each other since middle school (a humorous introduction where Donny thought Monica was actually a dude). He is a man of Irish-Afrikaner decent, with a pleasant but still subdued Galway accent. When not swimming, biking, or playing guitar, he typically runs Tabletop Night for the local nerds, and works at his dad’s comic shop Legendary Ledger.

Onto the Dorians themselves, they are an old clan, almost as old as the Densons, and their rivalry for Woodview is even fiercer in the past. From the very foundation of the town, the two had gone back and forth between owning the town. The Densons trapped the beavers, but the Dorians owned the lumberyards, the Densons mined the coal, but the Dorians owned the railways. For reasons still unknown to this day, the heated spirit of one-upmanship finally caused the Dorians to be temporarily exiled. But they returned during the turn of the century, with descendents of the Dorians being found among the shareholders, and most recently, the CEO of Saga Multimedia Entertainment, with the SAGA console proving to be the European based rival to Hanafuda (Nintendo) in the video game craze of the late 90s and early 00s. The return of the Dorians during the early 00s during the unrest of South Africa was an unheeded omen for things to come. Mister Ethan Dorian would be known to be a rather humble man, who frequented the town, and who rented a plot of land on 3021 Wesley Blvd. This would be the present day residency of the Dorian Family in Woodville, as the old Greyflow* Manor was burned down some years ago. To this day, the Dorians are known as “those humble and occasionally eccentric foreigners who party and pray hard”.

One of the old legends was of the Coal-black Banshee, a paranormal story with several variations.

Approved, and this application has prompted me to expand the details of the OOC. I'm currently working on doing so. It's great to have you with us 8)
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Islamic Republic e Jariri, Kollin, Ruskland-Preuben, Tallahassee News Station, Triassica

Advertisement

Remove ads