NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Repeal "Rights And Duties Of WA States"

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Me-Ow
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

[SUBMITTED] Repeal "Rights And Duties Of WA States"

Postby Me-Ow » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:34 am

This World Assembly, duly anticipating and administering the replacement of GAR#2 with two new bills:
  1. One addressing and maintaining the Principle of National Sovereignty mentioned in Section 1 of GAR#2 and in GAR#10.
  2. The other addressing and mending the roles and duties of the World Assembly and its member nations in Wars on the grounds that:
    1. That right to "collective self-defense against armed attack" mentioned in Article 4 § should be an integral component of this World Assembly's efforts to achieve and maintain world peace, which has been asserted in countless bills such as GAR#5[Repealed], GAR#22, GAR#144.
    2. The provisions of Article 9 §, which state that a member nation "has the duty to carry out in good faith its obligations arising from...this World Assembly...and it may not invoke provisions in its constitution...as an excuse for failure to perform this duty," are made too forcefully, and weaken the proper right of nations "to independence and hence to exercise freely...all its legal powers..." outlined in Article 1 §.
    3. The World Assembly's reservation of "neutrality in matters of...international strife" maintained in Article 10 §
      • is entirely contradictory to the establishment of the Security Council and all its subsequent liberations
      • may prevent proper aide and protection from reaching member nations found victims of violent foreign attacks.
Hereby repeals the "Rights And Duties Of WA States."
This World Assembly, first and foremost, anticipating and administering the replacement of this legislation with two new bills:
  1. One addressing and maintaining the Principle of National Sovereignty.
  2. The other addressing and mending the duties and roles of the World Assembly and its member nations in Wars on the grounds that:
    1. That right to "collective self-defense against armed attack" mentioned in Article 4 § should be an integral component of this World Assembly's efforts to achieve and maintain world peace, which has been asserted in countless bills such as GAR#5[Repealed], GAR#22, GAR#144.
    2. The provisions of Article 9 §, which state that a member nation "has the duty to carry out in good faith its obligations arising from...this World Assembly...and it may not invoke provisions in its constitution...as an excuse for failure to perform this duty," are made too forcefully, and weaken the proper right of nations "to independence and hence to exercise freely...all its legal powers..." outlined in Article 1 §.
    3. The World Assembly's reservation of "neutrality in matters of...international strife" maintained in Article 10 §
      • is entirely contradictory to the establishment of the Security Council and all its subsequent liberations
      • may prevent proper aide and protection from reaching member nations found victims of violent foreign attacks.
Hereby strikes GAR#2 as null and void.
Last edited by Me-Ow on Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:50 am

OOC: Why, pray tell, has this been submitted without drafting it here first? What is the point in posting it here if it has already been submitted? It's akin to giving an essay to a friend to proofread after you have already handed it in... :eyebrow:
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:30 am

OOC
This proposal has been classified as illegal by GenSec because (a) it doesn't explicitly address the actual contents of the targeted resolution, and (b) it attempts to pass new legislation within a 'Repeal'.
and administering the replacement of GAR#2 with two new bills
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:36 am

Seriously it is crazy to repeal one of the resolutions that is the foundation of the whole WA organisation. (I do not mean it in a good way)
An alt-historical nation loosely based on the Philippines and represents my views except for a few misclicks

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:26 am

(OOC: This is also illegal for mentioning the security council, one cannot mention the SC in a GA proposal, despite them both being part of the WA. Even if this was completely fine on the aforementioned metagaming illegality and the legislating in a repeal problem spotted earlier, it is pretty much impossible to repeal GA #2, seeing as it is a historic piece of legislation that forms the basis for countless resolutions.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Return to General Assembly