NATION

PASSWORD

I can’t login

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Vorion
Civilian

Founded: Jul 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

I can’t login

Postby Vorion » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:18 am

When I try to login into my account it goes to my nation page without actually loggin in
Can someone help?

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:19 am

How are you posting if you're not logged in?
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

13 Necropolis 13
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby 13 Necropolis 13 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:24 am

The Sherpa Empire wrote:How are you posting if you're not logged in?

A good question, and admittedly what first came to mind for me as well. They could be posting from an alternate account that isn't having that issue, a different computer, a RL friend who also uses it might have let them post something into the forums from their account, maybe the problem is common but does not occur 100% of the time, etc.

To the OP: I don't know what that problem is, but I do have a few things you can try, to see if they help. Are you able to access another computer? If so, do you have this problem on the other computer as well? If so, it is tied to your computer and not the site, if not it might be a site issue. That would at least help narrow down what it might be.
Please refer to this nation as "Necropolis" in character.
A [1.8] civilization, according to this index. | Tier: 10 Level: 6 Type: 11 | Feel free to ask questions!
Current year: 2085 CE. | Disclaimer: This nation does not represent my actual views. | Member of the Anti-Democracy League.
Civil Rights, Economy, Political Freedom, Authoritarianism, Business Subsidization, Compliance, Corruption, Defense Forces, Ideological Radicality, Inclusiveness, Income Equality, Industry: Arms Manufacturing, Industry: Information Technology, Industry: Mining, Law Enforcement, Scientific Advancement, Sector: Manufacturing
All other NS stats are enemy propaganda.
Just your typical undead, magic-wielding, space-faring, genocidal empire.

Thao
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Thao » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:14 am

Vorion wrote:When I try to login into my account it goes to my nation page without actually loggin in
Can someone help?

First:

Clear your cache and cookies.
Restart your system.

This normally solves this issue.
Residing in Panatomia

Crazybloxian Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Crazybloxian Empire » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:54 pm

Did ya obliterate your cookies? NationStates could’nt get a cookie proving your browser was not being controlled by third parties.
Crazybloxian Empire

13 Necropolis 13
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby 13 Necropolis 13 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:50 pm

Crazybloxian Empire wrote:Did ya obliterate your cookies? NationStates could’nt get a cookie proving your browser was not being controlled by third parties.

I have my browser set to nuke my cookies every time I ex out of it without any login problems. Unless you have it set to refuse accepting all cookies, or have it set to kill cookies mid-browse, I don't think that'd be an issue.
Please refer to this nation as "Necropolis" in character.
A [1.8] civilization, according to this index. | Tier: 10 Level: 6 Type: 11 | Feel free to ask questions!
Current year: 2085 CE. | Disclaimer: This nation does not represent my actual views. | Member of the Anti-Democracy League.
Civil Rights, Economy, Political Freedom, Authoritarianism, Business Subsidization, Compliance, Corruption, Defense Forces, Ideological Radicality, Inclusiveness, Income Equality, Industry: Arms Manufacturing, Industry: Information Technology, Industry: Mining, Law Enforcement, Scientific Advancement, Sector: Manufacturing
All other NS stats are enemy propaganda.
Just your typical undead, magic-wielding, space-faring, genocidal empire.

Return to Technical