NATION

PASSWORD

Time

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Time

Postby Nova Corina » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:00 pm

I just realized that the clock on Nationstates is a few hours behind my time zone. Is there any way to change time zones?

Vadterland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vadterland » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Yes. Click on 'User Control Panel' near the top of the screen, select 'Board Preferences' from the tabs, and select your timezone.
Last edited by Vadterland on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Germanian Empire | "Unser Vaterland, Herrscher der Asche..."
Factbooks | Music | Tech Level: PT/FanT | Current Year: 1943 UE (1958 AD)

In a strange world not so different from ours, a young empire stands in the heart of Europa. Born and forged in the fires of war, it is headed by an embittered Kaiserin and a camarilla of aging, scheming generals. Stretched to a breaking point and groaning under the stress and hubris of its past victories, the Fatherland stands on guard. But on the forefront of a new world, fighting a new war from without and within, will it survive?

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:04 pm

Nova Corina wrote:I just realized that the clock on Nationstates is a few hours behind my time zone. Is there any way to change time zones?
Are you talking about the forum or the game? I think it must be the forum, since the game mostly displays relative times rather than absolute ones.

If so, have a look here: http://forum.nationstates.net/ucp.php?i=165. (That's from clicking "User Control Panel" near the top, and then "Board Preferences".

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:07 pm

However, note that changing the time on the forum does not change the time gameside. I have my time zone on the forum set to GMT, but times in the boneyard or on national happenings pages are still in my local time zone (GMT-5 summer, GMT-6 winter), and I haven't figured out how to change those yet.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Ghost Land wrote:However, note that changing the time on the forum does not change the time gameside. I have my time zone on the forum set to GMT, but times in the boneyard or on national happenings pages are still in my local time zone (GMT-5 summer, GMT-6 winter), and I haven't figured out how to change those yet.

Change your system clock.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Corina » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:36 am

Thanks!

Raton-Laveur
Civilian

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Raton-Laveur » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:08 pm

How do I find the date my nation was created?

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:09 pm

Raton-Laveur wrote:How do I find the date my nation was created?

It's directly under your nation's name on the left hand side of every forum post, or you could go to the boneyard and type in your nation's name there.
Last edited by Ghost Land on Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical