NATION

PASSWORD

Thoughts on the Art of Stealth Raiding

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nau States
Attaché

Founded: Feb 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nau States » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:57 pm

Consular wrote:
Wabbitslayah wrote:I don't think any of you know the difference between a stealth raid and an infiltration raid.

^^

People seem to be confusing the two concepts

Keep in mind that I'm on the 179th degree of being obtuse towards very simple concepts. I'll correct my wording soon.
I have known adventures, seen places you people will never see, I've been Offworld and back...frontiers! I've stood on the back deck of a blinker bound for the Plutition Camps with sweat in my eyes watching the stars fight on the shoulder of Orion. I've felt wind in my hair, riding test boats off the black galaxies and seen an attack fleet burn like a match and disappear. I've seen it...felt it!

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:34 pm

Nau States wrote:
Consular wrote:^^

People seem to be confusing the two concepts

Keep in mind that I'm on the 179th degree of being obtuse towards very simple concepts. I'll correct my wording soon.

I would disagree with the notion of completely isolating the two concepts. One focuses on update, while the other focuses on sleeping, but a raid can have aspects of both. Furthermore, the idea of stealth as a general concept simply is about hiding your intentions of raiding the target until it is too late to stop. Ultimately, the language of raiding continues to evolve and really what matters is that the actions are happening.
Last edited by Jakker on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:08 pm

Wabbitslayah wrote:I don't think any of you know the difference between a stealth raid and an infiltration raid.

I dunno

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:04 pm

Infiltration still works fine. The best equivalent now is just thorning for stealth. Thorning was utilized then too, but stealth itself is less necessary even without tagging.

I'm actually all for seeing proper stealth raiding making a resurgence, but the game has shifted both mechanically and culturally.

Remember when dossiers were limited and it was a pain to track movements via happenings? Ugh. But that made stealth easier to pull of. Not to mention one update or when minor was made no variance.Spotting like the old days I'm glad is gone. Trying to keep track of things many hours a day was a pain.I guess Vinny still does that type of thing though.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Previous

Return to Gameplay