NATION

PASSWORD

Israeli Court orders NZ citizens:pay fine for music boycott

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:30 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:
Shofercia wrote:
Mossad Meeting:

Agent 1: "Shalom, I took down a Hamas cell, what'd you do?"
Agent 2: "Shalom, I evacuated our units from a place where they weren't supposed to be, to safety"
Agent 3: "Shalom, I stole a Yaris and a Prius in New Zealand, while being tortured by Lorde's music!"
Agents 1 & 2: "Daaaamn!"

An MI-6 agent, a DGSE agent, a GRU agent, and a Mossad agent all get together for a training exercise in the forest.

The GRU agent says "I bet you I can catch a rabbit faster than the rest of you".

"You're on" say the other three.

The GRU agent takes a swig of vodka, accidentally leaves his taxi receipt behind, runs into the forest, and 15 minutes later comes back with a rabbit.

"I scoff at your rabbit-catching skills" says the DGSE agent, who downs a glass of fine red wine, finishes off his Gauloise, runs into the forest, and 10 minutes later comes back with a rabbit.

"I say, chaps" says the MI-6 agent "you're a bit slow with the rabbit catching"; he downs a Vesper martini, adjusts his bow tie, runs into the forest, and 5 minutes later comes back with a rabbit.

"I can do better than all of you" says the Mossad agent, and without even pausing to pander to narrow cultural stereotypes, runs in the the forest, and...

10 minutes pass

20 minutes pass

30 minutes pass

The MI-6, DGSE, and GRU agents decide to find out what happened to the Mossad agent.

A couple of minutes later they find him repeatedly punching a fawn while shouting 'admit you're a rabbit; admit you're a rabbit!'

I originally heard that one with the CIA, MI6, and the KGB, only it goes a little different.

So the three end up in the rabbit hunting competition.

The CIA officers ride a helicopter deep into the forest, and about half an hour later they pop smoke and are airlifted out with a rabbit in a cage and a black bag over its head which they take to an indefinite detention center.

The MI6 launch a highly sophisticated surveillance operation of the forest, using state of the art cameras and paid informants. After two weeks of this MI6 shuts down the operation and declares that the rabbit never existed.

The KGB sends two officers into the forest. Five minutes later they walk out with a badly beaten bear who's shouting "Okay okay! I'm a rabbit! I'm a rabbit!"
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:30 pm

The Israeli Government acts like entitled whiney babies. News at 11.

Seriously, Israel is a pathetic excuse for a "Democracy". They have demonstrated time and again that they do not respect the values of liberal democracies, even when they exist solely because of the support and molly coddling of liberal democracies in the west. I say cut them loose. Stop supporting them in any fashion.
Insert trite farewell here

The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:56 pm

Scomagia wrote:The Israeli Government acts like entitled whiney babies. News at 11.

Seriously, Israel is a pathetic excuse for a "Democracy". They have demonstrated time and again that they do not respect the values of liberal democracies, even when they exist solely because of the support and molly coddling of liberal democracies in the west. I say cut them loose. Stop supporting them in any fashion.

For once, I agree with you.

Israel is a nuclear-armed power and has the strongest military in the region. They don't need our help, and it would probably be a good thing if their government's actions cost them for once.
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:00 pm

Let me be clear that boycotting Israel is indirectly enabling Hamas. However, the correct answer from New Zealand had better have been two-fold: first, say "come and take it", and two, say "sovereign immunity".

I love Israel and have always bashed "Palestine" for good reason, but the moment Israel tries to subject me to their laws when I am not in the country is the moment I say no. They won't get one shekel out of me unless I did something in the country.
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:02 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:Let me be clear that boycotting Israel is indirectly enabling Hamas. However, the correct answer from New Zealand had better have been two-fold: first, say "come and take it", and two, say "sovereign immunity".

I love Israel and have always bashed "Palestine" for good reason, but the moment Israel tries to subject me to their laws when I am not in the country is the moment I say no. They won't get one shekel out of me unless I did something in the country.

One of my close friends is Palestinian.

I'm boycotting Israel. De facto also boycotting Hamas, since IIRC they don't really have anything for sale.
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:06 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:Let me be clear that boycotting Israel is indirectly enabling Hamas. However, the correct answer from New Zealand had better have been two-fold: first, say "come and take it", and two, say "sovereign immunity".

False. This is equivalent to saying that a boycott against the United States is indirect enabling of Al Queda. It's patently ridiculous.

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Scomagia wrote:

False. This is equivalent to saying that a boycott against the United States is indirect enabling of Al Queda. It's patently ridiculous.

Exactly.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:07 pm

Scomagia wrote:Seriously, Israel is a pathetic excuse for a "Democracy". They have demonstrated time and again that they do not respect the values of liberal democracies, even when they exist solely because of the support and molly coddling of liberal democracies in the west. I say cut them loose. Stop supporting them in any fashion.

Why should they? They are bordered by a terrorist network in Lebanon, surrounded by hostile powers (except Egypt, and only because they ROFL-stomped them), and the "Palestinians" are constantly trying to kill them and launch rockets onto civilian targets while putting their military targets in the presence of civilian zones. I mean, the Gaza Strip is run by terrorists and everyone that voted for them down there are also terrorists. Samaria is run by rabid nationalists that prefer peaceful operations over terror, and while I'm normally fond of rabid nationalism, the concept of "Palestinen" doesn't actually exist.

There was never a "Palestinian" king, ruler, president, or any other institution before they conveniently became an excuse to stop Jewish resettlement after 1945 AD. Not to mention that the War of Partition was the "Palestinian's" fault, not Israel. The initial borders were agreed to, but "Palestine" invaded. Also, Palestinian "refugees" are so oppressed in Israel that their numbers have doubled and they've grown fat! What a horrible place to be!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:09 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
Scomagia wrote:Seriously, Israel is a pathetic excuse for a "Democracy". They have demonstrated time and again that they do not respect the values of liberal democracies, even when they exist solely because of the support and molly coddling of liberal democracies in the west. I say cut them loose. Stop supporting them in any fashion.

Why should they? They are bordered by a terrorist network in Lebanon, surrounded by hostile powers (except Egypt, and only because they ROFL-stomped them), and the "Palestinians" are constantly trying to kill them and launch rockets onto civilian targets while putting their military targets in the presence of civilian zones. I mean, the Gaza Strip is run by terrorists and everyone that voted for them down there are also terrorists. Samaria is run by rabid nationalists that prefer peaceful operations over terror, and while I'm normally fond of rabid nationalism, the concept of "Palestinen" doesn't actually exist.

There was never a "Palestinian" king, ruler, president, or any other institution before they conveniently became an excuse to stop Jewish resettlement after 1945 AD. Not to mention that the War of Partition was the "Palestinian's" fault, not Israel. The initial borders were agreed to, but "Palestine" invaded. Also, Palestinian "refugees" are so oppressed in Israel that their numbers have doubled and they've grown fat! What a horrible place to be!

So I can just go into your home and kick you out?

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:09 pm

The Batorys wrote:
Scomagia wrote:The Israeli Government acts like entitled whiney babies. News at 11.

For once, I agree with you.

Israel is a nuclear-armed power and has the strongest military in the region. They don't need our help, and it would probably be a good thing if their government's actions cost them for once.

I'm sure we've agreed sometime before this thread.

Yeah, they can take care of themselves. It's time for the United States to stop standing up for them. This goes for a lot of other countries, as well.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:11 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:

I never mentioned Palestine. *gasp*

Incidentally, your neighbors being shitbirds doesn't make it acceptable to be the same.
Last edited by Scomagia on Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:21 pm

Scomagia wrote:False. This is equivalent to saying that a boycott against the United States is indirect enabling of Al Queda. It's patently ridiculous.

If Al-Qaeda had a domestic base in the USA, controlled actual land in the USA, and constantly tried to murder, invade, and bomb Americans while painting Americans as criminals for shooting back, then yes, it would be enabling Al-Qaeda to fight the USA.

All "Palestinians" that voted for Hamas are terrorists. If a "Palestinian" did not vote for Hamas in the Gaza Strip, he is not a terrorist. If he did, he is. There are no exceptions.

Personally, I think we should should just give them "Palestine" the entire Gaza Strip, have the Jews take the rest, and pay huge sums to repatriate all of the "Palestinians" to the Gaza Strip. Then, build wall between it and the Israeli side and be done with it.
The problem is that they won't accept anything but the destruction of the Jewish state and they won't lay down their arms.

Alternately, the next time Palestine declares war/Intifada and starts shooting missiles and bombs at Israeli targets, respond with bomber planes. They already put all of their military targets next to civilian targets and they already store weaponry in schoolhouses and use civilians as human shields (that last one is a Slate article), so we might as well go big or go home. You don't bring Molotov cocktails to a peaceful protest and you don't drag children to a demonstration that often erupts in violence.

I doubt they'd shoot again if we did.

Has Israel committed any indecent, cruel, inhumane, or dishonorable acts? Absolutely, but they didn't start it, so their actions aren't as wrong, or unjustified, as "Palestine".
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:22 pm

Scomagia wrote:Incidentally, your neighbors being crap doesn't make it acceptable to be the same.

It does when they are all trying to kill you. Had Israel laid down its arms, it would not exist. Everyone forgets that Israel doesn't fire the first shot in all of these instances.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:23 pm

Scomagia wrote:
The Batorys wrote:For once, I agree with you.

I'm sure we've agreed sometime before this thread.

Yeah, they can take care of themselves. It's time for the United States to stop standing up for them. This goes for a lot of other countries, as well.

We'd also be much less resented in the region if we stopped paying for their wars.

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:24 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
Scomagia wrote:False. This is equivalent to saying that a boycott against the United States is indirect enabling of Al Queda. It's patently ridiculous.

If Al-Qaeda had a domestic base in the USA, controlled actual land in the USA, and constantly tried to murder, invade, and bomb Americans while painting Americans as criminals for shooting back, then yes, it would be enabling Al-Qaeda to fight the USA.

All "Palestinians" that voted for Hamas are terrorists. If a "Palestinian" did not vote for Hamas in the Gaza Strip, he is not a terrorist. If he did, he is. There are no exceptions.

Personally, I think we should should just give them "Palestine" the entire Gaza Strip, have the Jews take the rest, and pay huge sums to repatriate all of the "Palestinians" to the Gaza Strip. Then, build wall between it and the Israeli side and be done with it.
The problem is that they won't accept anything but the destruction of the Jewish state and they won't lay down their arms.

Alternately, the next time Palestine declares war/Intifada and starts shooting missiles and bombs at Israeli targets, respond with bomber planes. They already put all of their military targets next to civilian targets and they already store weaponry in schoolhouses and use civilians as human shields (that last one is a Slate article), so we might as well go big or go home. You don't bring Molotov cocktails to a peaceful protest and you don't drag children to a demonstration that often erupts in violence.

Has Israel committed any indecent, cruel, inhumane, or dishonorable acts? Absolutely, but they didn't start it, so their actions aren't as wrong, or unjustified, as "Palestine".

The Gaza Strip is tiny.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:24 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:

Despite the wall of text, you still haven't demonstrated how a boycott supports Hamas. Your position is preposterous and it is blindingly obvious that you just want to rant about Palestine.

Kaggeceria
Minister

Founded: Feb 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaggeceria » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:27 pm

That just seems silly.
The Kaggecerian Realm (PMT)
I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe
NSG's only Jewish Nazi with the spookiest flag

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:37 pm

The Batorys wrote:
Scomagia wrote:I'm sure we've agreed sometime before this thread.

We'd also be much less resented in the region if we stopped paying for their wars.

We'd be less resented globally if we stopped supporting asshole governments in general.

Anarcho-Syndicalist Unions
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Anarcho-Syndicalist Unions » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:39 am

The fact that Israel this did is ridiculous.
I am strongly anti-Zionist. I think that the creation of Israel was a massive mistake that has caused massive suffering to many, most of all the Palestinians who have to suffer their land been taken from them, and suffer much oppression. I hope a peaceful solution can be found, but the damage that has already been done is significant.

I often refer to Israel as Occupied Palestine.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General