NATION

PASSWORD

Pineapple on pizza, groovy or gross?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Well?

Poll runs till Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:57 pm

Groovy
72
36%
Gross
99
50%
Depends
14
7%
Doesn't matter
15
8%
 
Total votes : 200

User avatar
Ghost Land
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 195
Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Pineapple on pizza, groovy or gross?

Postby Ghost Land » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:57 pm

According to this 2017 article, 54% of people surveyed do not consider pineapple an acceptable pizza topping; Gordon Ramsay also belongs to this camp. Hatred of pineapple on pizza is so strong for some that early last year, the President of Iceland even proposed banning it altogether.

Interestingly, Hawaiian pizza, which contains toppings of pineapple and ham, was not invented in Hawaii, but rather in Canada in the 60s. The survey mentioned in my second link actually found that in the UK, mushrooms are the most liked pizza topping, even beating out pepperoni; pineapple is tied with corn for ninth place, at 42%.

Personally I find pineapple to be a perfectly acceptable pizza topping; the right pineapple gives the pizza a nice, sweet sort of kick, or, if you're like me and eat the toppings individually before eating the crust and cheese, "Crust? Good. Sauce? Good. Cheese? Good. Pepperoni? Good. Pineapple? Good!" To me the perfect pizza would have three toppings: pepperoni, sausage, and pineapple, which I collectively refer to as the "Holy Trinity of pizza toppings".

So what say ye, NSG? Peachy or putrid?
Last edited by Ghost Land on Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
Did not try to join the forum on 14 February 2014 when I created this nation.
Conservative libertarian
Pro: Republican Party, Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, abortion, gay marriage, gun control, #MeToo, communism, forced diversity, SJWs

User avatar
Costa Fierro
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17354
Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Costa Fierro » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Hawaiian pizza is my favourite pizza. And I don't understand the hate for it.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

User avatar
Omega State
Diplomat
 
Posts: 666
Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Omega State » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:10 pm

I like pizza with cheddar cheese
Astral News:Alex Jones says that the Illuminatis created the Bermuda Triangle.// Others News:Steam launch a console called Steam One 


User avatar
Valrifell
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15533
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valrifell » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:Hawaiian pizza is my favourite pizza. And I don't understand the hate for it.


It sounds weird, to be fair. People just got vitriolic over the issue for no reason, though.
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio
Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you

Proud self-made Lord Irrelevancy and sole inhabiter of Aurora Invictus

User avatar
Costa Fierro
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17354
Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Costa Fierro » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:Hawaiian pizza is my favourite pizza. And I don't understand the hate for it.


It sounds weird, to be fair. People just got vitriolic over the issue for no reason, though.


It's more of a meme to me.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

User avatar
Likar
Diplomat
 
Posts: 693
Founded: Jun 03, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Likar » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:11 pm

This is the issues in 2018.

But yes, it depends.
A 15 civilization, according to this index.
My opinion, and I quote myself wrote:Theocracy is a failed ideology, and should burn in the hole of failed ideologies with Communism, Fascism, Nationalism and Anarchy.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 179830
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:12 pm

After giving it a try some time ago, all I can say is that, to me, pineapple on pizza is fucking gross.
Code name: Ratatouille Strychnine
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats֍Stop the slow loris illegal pet trade
Cat with internet access||Heartless, strawmanner, Truscum, ''transgendered non-binary kawaii Chan'', flaming faggot and a d*ck. Kiss my paw?||No TGs
SQUIG #1||RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

User avatar
Freezic Vast
Minister
 
Posts: 3008
Founded: Jul 30, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Freezic Vast » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:31 pm

I like pizza, and I like pineapple, but I do not like pineapple on pizza.

User avatar
Valrifell
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15533
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valrifell » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Freezic Vast wrote:I like pizza, and I like pineapple, but I do not like pineapple on pizza.


Liar
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio
Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you

Proud self-made Lord Irrelevancy and sole inhabiter of Aurora Invictus

User avatar
Freezic Vast
Minister
 
Posts: 3008
Founded: Jul 30, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Freezic Vast » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Freezic Vast wrote:I like pizza, and I like pineapple, but I do not like pineapple on pizza.


Liar

I don't lie about pizza, the only thing worse than pineapple is anchovies on pizza.

User avatar
Renolia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 121
Founded: Sep 15, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Renolia » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:54 pm

Pineapple on pizza is the pizza that Jesus brought his followers when he was reborn in that cave or whatever.
A 14 civilization, according to this index.
I do not use NS Stats.

God is with our Great United Republic, may His grace forever be with us! The Republic Stands Forever!

Latest News
- Peace with Saudi Arabia, A.D.S.O. writing up terms of peace.
- Brand new CVN under development by Renolian navy, impressive 390 meters long, will be the biggest ship in the fleet.
- National Renolian Space Agency working on new space station, expected completion in 2 years, cost 10 billion Renols.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 124134
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:55 pm

I've enjoyed pineapple on pizza every time I've had it.

And now I want it again. Damn it, NSG.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm.
It be feelin' like the life that I’m livin' man out of control
Like every day I’m in a fight for my soul


It’s likely that one or two of you who’ll listen to this enjoy the liberal administration of a social lubricant in it’s many wonderful forms. I can tell by the head on ya. A drop o’ Buckfast, a bump a’ Marvyn K, a cup o’ psilocybin scald, an opium suppository or whatever you’re havin’ yourself. And we’re right there with ya, rubbin’ in the commotion lotion and chasing blue ghosts. Fuck it, d’ya know what I mean?

User avatar
Ocotlan
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ocotlan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:57 pm

It seems counterintuitive to me to combine sweet and salty flavours.

User avatar
New Periapsis
Attaché
 
Posts: 80
Founded: Sep 13, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Periapsis » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:57 pm

Delicious.

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 179830
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:59 pm

Renolia wrote:Pineapple on pizza is the pizza that Jesus brought his followers when he was reborn in that cave or whatever.


Jesus Craig is a cruel cruel man if that's the case. Yuck!
Code name: Ratatouille Strychnine
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats֍Stop the slow loris illegal pet trade
Cat with internet access||Heartless, strawmanner, Truscum, ''transgendered non-binary kawaii Chan'', flaming faggot and a d*ck. Kiss my paw?||No TGs
SQUIG #1||RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

User avatar
Seangoli
Senator
 
Posts: 4779
Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:04 pm

Freezic Vast wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
Liar

I don't lie about pizza, the only thing worse than pineapple is anchovies on pizza.


Give it the Sicilian try: Sautee a couple anchovie fillets with some Onions/Garlic for the sauce. You don't get a fishy flavor, it's just very earthy and rich.

User avatar
Bombadil
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8520
Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:06 pm

Sneaky little fucking Canadians.. what other controversial concoctions are they underhandedly attributing to other places. We always give Canada a pass as those 'friendly version of America' but this warrants a full investigation if not a takeover.

That said I never had a problem with pineapple on pizza, it was the processed ham that was the problem.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

User avatar
Seangoli
Senator
 
Posts: 4779
Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:06 pm

Ghost Land wrote:According to this 2017 article, 54% of people surveyed do not consider pineapple an acceptable pizza topping; Gordon Ramsay also belongs to this camp. Hatred of pineapple on pizza is so strong for some that early last year, the President of Iceland even proposed banning it altogether.

Interestingly, Hawaiian pizza, which contains toppings of pineapple and ham, was not invented in Hawaii, but rather in Canada in the 60s. The survey mentioned in my second link actually found that in the UK, mushrooms are the most liked pizza topping, even beating out pepperoni; pineapple is tied with corn for ninth place, at 42%.

Personally I find pineapple to be a perfectly acceptable pizza topping; the right pineapple gives the pizza a nice, sweet sort of kick, or, if you're like me and eat the toppings individually before eating the crust and cheese, "Crust? Good. Sauce? Good. Cheese? Good. Pepperoni? Good. Pineapple? Good!" To me the perfect pizza would have three toppings: pepperoni, sausage, and pineapple, which I collectively refer to as the "Holy Trinity of pizza toppings".

So what say ye, NSG? Peachy or putrid?


I think the biggest problem with Pineapple on pizza is that it tends to overpower the other ingredients significantly rather than complement them, and this is particularly noticeable with canned pinneapple that is used at most pizza joints. I've used fresh pinneapple before, and it provide a much more mellow flavor that better compliments the other flavors without overpowering them.

User avatar
Palioxixis
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Oct 09, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palioxixis » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:34 pm

Ungroovy. The texture and flavour of pineapple does not mesh well with the other toppings. I don't even like pineapple.
!ܐܚ

User avatar
Thermodolia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 46005
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:38 pm

Pineapple on pizza is a sacrilege. All those who practice such acts should be subject to the comfy chair
Male, centrist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, loves dogs particularly German Shepherds, give me any good Irish or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29345
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:40 pm

Pineapple and donner meat pizza is awesome.

User avatar
Chuukango
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 354
Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Chuukango » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Pretty g r o o v y if you ask me. Well, if it’s what you like on your pizza. After all- who am I to judge what someone else puts on their heart disease slices?
LobstahLobstahLobstahLobstahLobstahLobstah
My nation’s (very sloppily done) Factbook

Defcon 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] |

User avatar
Thermodolia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 46005
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:Pineapple and donner meat pizza is awesome.

To the comfy chair with you!!
Male, centrist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, loves dogs particularly German Shepherds, give me any good Irish or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29345
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:51 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:Pineapple and donner meat pizza is awesome.

To the comfy chair with you!!


The mercy seat thank you very much.

User avatar
Freezic Vast
Minister
 
Posts: 3008
Founded: Jul 30, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Freezic Vast » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:52 pm

Thermodolia wrote:Pineapple on pizza is a sacrilege. All those who practice such acts should be subject to the comfy chair

We need legislation where pineapple pizza is banned, and those who server/eat it be arrested and condemned for their actions.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dooom35796821595, G-Tech Corporation, Heloin, Old Hope, Puldania, Tarsonis, The Grims, Yahoo [Bot]

Advertisement

Remove ads