NATION

PASSWORD

Historia de Bowa Sekoa(I am begging you, please comment)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Founded: Sep 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Historia de Bowa Sekoa(I am begging you, please comment)

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:02 am

A modern history of Bowa Sekoa volume 1.(Constructive criticism needed)

Deep in the heartlands of the Congo, there is the region of Bowa Sekoa.
The history of this region before 1820 is like the history of any other Sub Saharan African nation, filled with tribes and wars. But in 1820, a Swahilli chief by the name of Kata unified the region and formed an empire which stood until 1882.

In 1882, Kata's grandson Mosate bravely led his army of 2500 men against the Belgian invading force numbering 400 at the battle of Bowa Sekoa hills. The Belgians brought to bear Gatling guns and superior tactics and Mosate's army was killed along with him.

The region then was integrated into the Belgian Congo.

On 30th of June 1960, when the Congo gained its independence, Bowa Sekoa was listed as a semi autonomous region of the Republic. For the majority of the early 60s, the region was well off and its wild population was happy with a minimum government interference.

But with the advent of Joseph Mobutu and his rise to absolute power, all of it changed. In his revolution to Africanize the country, he first renamed it to 'Zaire' and then sought to brutally advance his power by forcing Africanization on everyone. It was during this time that the first taxmen and National police set their foot in Bowa Sekoa.

The people of the region had to endure a lot of hardships during Mobutu's reign, he started imprisoning whoever did not pay tax or disobeyed rules and his Police forces started demanding protection money from the poor and the powerful of BS alike. To counter this danger to their way of life, some like minded revolutionaries in Bowa Sekoa, united under Miguel Tembane to form the 'Alliance for popular resistance' or APR.

At first the APR was more a Mafia style covert organization that took revenges on the landbarons and the corrupt Government officials for stealing from the poor. But as Mobutu's stars began to wane in the 1980s, it quickly developed into a rebel organization. Many of the APR generals were experienced fighters who had fought in proxy wars all over the world, in fact, Tembane's successor, his brother-in-law Yusuf Mozonni had fought for Mujahadden in Afghanistan and two of his top generals had been sicarios for Pablo Escobar's Medellin cartel.

In the first Congo war, Rawanda invaded Zaire. This was a golden opportunity for the APR as they quickly supported Rawanda and fought brutally.

Victory in the First Congo war gave the APR both, money and autonomous status(They didn't want outright independence for economic reasons).

But with increased power, comes increased ambitions.

After the war, Yusuf liberally distributed the booty with his warlords and constructed some grandiose buildings in New Zaire city, making it his capital. There were many warlords, but the most prominent and powerful was one Oliver Moncada of the South East. For the next bit, please refer the Geography section first.

Oliver Moncada, the virtual ruler of Leopoldtown prided himself on being Half European, one of his great grandmothers had been a whore who had managed to make a European lower noble fall in love with herself. When he died in war(The Congo-Arab war) in 1892, he left her 1000 pounds which she spent in training her son to become a soldier, he eventually did, and as the stories of most hard men go, he became influential and his descendants eventually inherited his power.

Now Oliver Moncada was, until he first Congo war, a staunch supporter and right hand man of Yusuf Mozzoni. But after the war was over, Yusuf declared that Bowa Sekoa would continue to be a part of the Zaire(Congo), Oliver disagreed, voting in favour of becoming totally independent by using gunrunning, slave trading and the drug trade to create a strong economy.

Yusuf held several conferences with Moncada, however each of them came to no result.

On December 21 1997, the final straw came, Yusuf called Moncada to a fourth conference and even offered him money in exchange for agreeing to Yusuf's terms. Moncada reacted by saying "Does he think me as poor as to accept for paltry cash for his slavery?" . Moncada then retreated to Leopoldtown and declared his independence by forming the APR-Red, a rival organization.

Moncada had some supporters like Shaka Gako of the North east Tuskuta area and the radical Islamic IZ(Islamic Zaire) group of the Leboa Central West area. He also managed to buy the support of Father Mate of South West Goma city area.

Civil war had come.
Last edited by Bowa Sekoa on Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hey there, i am a factbook writer.If you love proxy wars and bloodshed and sub Saharan Africa or FC2.
Then come and read my humble history Factbook.
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=bowa_sekoa/detail=factbook
I do not use NS stats much, but they give a pretty OK idea of my country. But the population is obviously not true.
I am a Yankee.

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:48 am

Chapter 2.

Nobody wishes war, least of all a warlord, for war is a huge drain on your resources and at the end of it all, everything a warlord needs is related to wealth. It was a similar approach in the case of the Bowa Sekoa civil war. Nobody jumped headlong into battle from day one.

Mozzoni's phone calls made to his kin in the United States in early 1998 record him saying "Its just one of those silly situations with these ambitious young boys, the situation will cool down real quick" .
Moncada was also willing to make his demands a lot less radical in exchange for immediate peace. But the thing is that, luck was not on their side, for it was their lieutenants that fired the first gruesome shots.

The tipping off point for what would be the civil war occured at a picturesque little farm in Loanga(NW) village.

According to reports from people, a rich man, one Ferdinand Ottowama was travelling in his imported Caddy to Leboa fort when he was stopped by a local toll collecting group in Loanga. Now this man was a man of respect, he barked that he would pay no toll, to which the men on the toll post responded by threatening him with weapons. The man laughed and payed the toll. But while going on ahead, he shouted some chilly words.

"I have payed the toll because i was defenseless, but remember that now your lives and the lives of everyone near and dear to you would be a constant misery" .

That night itself he returned with EZ(European Zaire) troops numbering from 50 to 60 heavily armed men. The group attacked the toll booth and took them by surprise. All but one of the 9 men on that toll booth were killed.

The one remaining man fled to the shelter of the 'Loanga opium farm' .

The group of EZ, waning to show no mercy started for the farm. Their aim?
To kill everyone.

Now wait, before explianing the events that transpired ahead, lets learn about the European Zaire group first.

The 'European Zaire' was a radicalist Pro-Capitalist and Pro-Development group that sprung up from an earlier group called 'White Congo' . This 'White Congo' was a peaceful organization that was made out of disgrunted white settlers, half Europeans and mercenaries who did not wish to leave the Congo after it gained its independence from Belgium.
These men wanted separate electorates for their group.

Unfortunately their demands were immediately refused by the Congolese government and the group was disbanded almost.
Well almost, for in Bowa Sekoa, it continued to exist as a small 25 member organization headed by one Samuel Manuela, a half European local bigwig.

Now he used it to forward his own agenda- Genociding Muslims and general banditry.

Now in 1983, he was murdered by some 'Black Africa' activist and his body was displayed without its head and some other vital parts in front of his stronghold in Leboa fort. That was a mistake, for it didn't eliminate the problem, instead it doubled it.
Now Manuela had two sons, Jose Manuela and Richardo Manuela. Enraged by their father's murder, the two bloodthirsty beasts attacked every small village and settlement in the region where 'Black Africa' activists were rumoured to be hiding and slayed them and thousands of innocent people along with them.

Slowly they changed their agenda to killing Muslims and all Swahillis in general. They began to recruit mercenaries from all over the western world and started buying weapons at an alarming scale. Then as Mobutu's decline started to become apparent, Richardo had this brilliant idea to declare that Zaire ought to be ruled by people with European blood. They changed the name of 'White Congo' and increased its radicality be a million times, thus forming the 'EZ' or European Zaire.

Initially they helped the APR for nationalistic purposes, except now that was over, now they were Anti-Apr with an 'A' .

So, coming back.

The Loanga farm was a farm alright. It grew enough opium to charge the entire city of Miami and that was something. To call it a mere 'Farm' though.............................meh !!!

It was more like a fortress. 4 huge stone towers, granaries stocked with tons of food and sniper posts. Ottowama knew that storming the fortress from the front was not an option despite the fact that there were only 20 or so defendants inside. Instead, they held a meeting behind the cover of a large rock and started brainstorming ideas.

One man sad that they should do it the old fashion way, shoot fire arrows inside the fort and try to burn it up. Now everyone in the EZ force did carry some arrows and many had bows, but there were simply not enough to make a difference.

Another man, a Task force veteran from Venezuela said that they should use cover of the dark and some ladders to climb up. And yes, they did have ladders of course.

Ottowama seemed to agree more with this man when suddenly he heard footsteps towards them. It was a scout. After drinking a bottleful of water he spoke out.

"Chief, we were exploring in the dark opium fields when we found a derelict shack, inside, we found to our wonder a secret escape passageway that goes straight into the stronghold" .

Ottowama laughed, they had almost won.

The storming of the fort proved to be very easy indeed, the passageway ended right in the middle of the stronghold in an identical room. It could have been much easier if a lone sentry had not raised alarm. The EZ lost 2 men due to that, but soon as their men continued to pour into the fort in increasing numbers, the tide of the battle turned and the men of the farm were massacred.

Ottowama wanted to make an example of the whole episode.
1)The men were all killed and put on display without their heads.
2)The woman were taken into slavery.
3)Truckloads of Opium were taken.
4)The rest of the farm was burned.
5)The remnants of the fort were dynamited.

The next day, Yusuf declared that "The barbaric acts of these extremists has led to a condition where the show of mercy would not only be wrong, it would also be impossible, hence, I, Yusuf Mozzoni, today declare Oliver Moncada and all parties affliated with him as cads and criminals" .

In return, Moncada declared "All I have ever wanted is peace and tranquility for this great nation, but unfortunately for us, the very men who spearheaded our great victory are now turning against us in their pride. This is a moment where we need our comrades the most. Hence I appeal all White men and black Christians to take up arms against these hellish scourge of Swahillis marching under the dark banner of Islam. Victory to Bowa Sekoa" .

Yes, now the place had started to turn into hell.
Hey there, i am a factbook writer.If you love proxy wars and bloodshed and sub Saharan Africa or FC2.
I do not use NS stats much, but they give a pretty OK idea of my country. But the population is obviously not true.
I am a Yankee.

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:48 am

Chapter 3.

Whatever may be going on inside, but in the outside world, Yusuf Mozzoni's forces were recognized as the only real government in Bowa Sekoa with the exception of Zaire of course.

And there was a good reason for that, you see, Yusuf Mozzoni had something which no other group had, imported ATV's and light tanks !
Thus he was still the most powerful man in the region, he declared that he now supported the cause of 'Moderate politics' and decided to launch a full scale campaign against the rebel forces, and it was effective.

Three days after the accident at Loango fort, Yusuf's 'Moderate' forces marched on Leopoldtown on the 3rd of April 1998 and occupied it in a Blitzkrieg fashion. There was absolutely nothing that Moncada could do against the ATV's and the numerical superiority and he fled to the stronghold of Goma city with most of his army. The few survivors fought a vain battle.
The architect of this victory was General Ibrahim Katawa, the best general that the APR-White(Since Moncada had declared himself the APR-Red, the 'Real' APR called itself the APR-White) had.

Two and a half days later, 13 EZ strongholds in Leboa were stormed and taken with ease, thousands of slaves were freed and tons and tons of drugs were burned. Yes, the EZ might have the most professional killers and deadliest mercenaries, but they simply lacked the discipline and numerical superiority that the APR-W had.

The Manuela brothers now joined Moncada in the jungles around Goma city with half of what army they had.

Now, as you might have guessed of course, these victories were by no means complete and nor were their objectives. Neither Yusuf nor Katawa made the mistake of assuming so. In this part of the world, if you did not kill the warlord, then you haven't even won half the fight.

Nevertheless, Katawa received orders to reinforce the government authority on the town and restore stability.

Father Mate was a typical man with a stomach, a man of respect. Even at the age of 62, his deadly grip on the Goma region remained strong as a crabs pincers. He had been one of the supporters of Belgians till the end. In 1960, when the end seemed near, the last Belgian governor of Goma county handed over power to him. Now that governor was also a very learned priest who had taken up a military career for helping to spread Christianity. Overwhelmed by Mate's support in the face of unequal odds, he had given him the title of 'Father' .

In Mate's eye, ideals and religion meant little, he knew that men could only be judged by one thing, their wealth, for wealth brought power and power brought respect, and if a thousand people respect you, they also say prayers for you at night, and if they do that, then doesn't that make you pious and confirm your place alongside god in the heavens?

Even in supporting Moncada and the Samuela brothers, he had in his own words(Radio intercepts) taken a 'Huge risk'.
But he had done it for two reasons, both of which were tied to the procurement of more wealth.
1)The upfront fee that Moncada paid.
2)The legalization of the so called Harmful drugs and slavery.

Now however he found himself in an awkward position He was sheltering two losers, fugitives who had lost. More dangerously, two men who were not in a mood to accept defeat and negotiate with Yusuf.

Mate knew that this was the surest path to destruction, so he held a meeting.

Now the meeting was scheduled on 11.00 am that day(10th of April) and Mate made all preparations. He knew that to make hard men like Moncada and Samuela listen, he had to put up a grand show, a display of power. Prove to them that they were under his protection. Subtle but sharp.

An old throne of some king was taken out of the ruins of the nearby ancient temple, his bodyguards were dressed in royal clothes, a lavish meal was made and displayed. All of his RPG's and Missile launchers were also dressed in gold threaded cases and displayed on a wall. While he himself dressed up in simple priestly clothes.

Just then, exactly 45 minutes before they were to arrive and while Mate was still getting ready, his guards announced.
"Sir, an envoy is outside with a phone line, he wants you talk to his boss over the phone" said the guard.
"Then let him in, what's the problem?" asked Mate.
"Sir, hmm, umm.............really, i mean, arr................"
"What's the problem my man, who's envoy is it?" he asked.
"Laurent Kabila sir" said the man.

"WHAT???" exclaimed a shocked Mate.
Last edited by Bowa Sekoa on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am a Yankee.

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:30 am

Insightful comments and critique needed.
I am a Yankee.

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:38 am

So Father Mate basically rebranded christian morality for himself, so his religion won't interfere with his corruption. Many leaders like him did such things. What branch of christianity does he follow?

Also, this can help with worldbuilding of Skyhookedian pre-revolution regime.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Rectification Government
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rectification Government » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:57 am

How can I connect this to my Soviet Victory timeline?
February 25, 1983 TinaMN fact: Our economy is half as large as that of the USSR. It is roughly equal to that of the UK, which seems to think that they're superior to us.

Current National Focus: Texas is not a Minor Nation (15 days left)

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:10 am

Thanks so much for commenting people.
YES you are free to use my ideas if you like them.

Keep commenting in this thread always .
Last edited by Bowa Sekoa on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a Yankee.

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:48 am

Chapter 4.

Now you might be wondering, who is Laurent Kabila and why did his mere name shock Mate. Well wonder no longer. Read on.

Laurent-Désiré Kabila (November 27, 1939 – January 16, 2001), or simply Laurent Kabila was a Congolese revolutionary and politician who served as the third President of the Democratic Republic of the Congo from May 17, 1997, when he overthrew Mobutu Sese Seko.

Kabila established himself as a supporter of hard-line Lumumbist Prosper Mwamba Ilunga. When the Lumumbists formed the Conseil National de Libération, he was sent to eastern Congo to help organize a revolution, in particular in the Kivu and North Katanga provinces. In 1965, Kabila set up a cross-border rebel operation from Kigoma, Tanzania, across Lake Tanganyika.

Che Guevara assisted Kabila for a short time in 1965. Guevara had appeared in the Congo with approximately 100 men who planned to bring about a Cuban-style revolution. Guevara judged Kabila (then 26) as "not the man of the hour" he had alluded to, being too distracted. This, in Guevara's opinion, accounted for Kabila showing up days late at times to provide supplies, aid, or backup to Guevara's men. The lack of cooperation between Kabila and Guevara contributed to the suppression of the revolt that same year.

In Guevara's view, of all of the people he met during his campaign in Congo, only Kabila had "genuine qualities of a mass leader"; but Guevara castigated Kabila for a lack of "revolutionary seriousness". After the failure of the rebellion, Kabila turned to smuggling gold and timber on Lake Tanganyika. He also ran a bar and brothel in Tanzania and he also owned a Safari hotel in Bowa Sekoa btw.

In 1967, Kabila and his remnant of supporters moved their operation into the mountainous Fizi – Baraka area of South Kivu in the Congo, and founded the People's Revolutionary Party (PRP). With the support of the People's Republic of China, the PRP created a secessionist Marxist state in South Kivu province, west of Lake Tanganyika.

The PRP state came to an end in 1988 and Kabila disappeared and was widely believed to be dead. While in Kampala, Kabila reportedly met Yoweri Museveni, the future president of Uganda. Museveni and former Tanzanian President Julius Nyerere later introduced Kabila to Paul Kagame, who would become president of Rwanda. These personal contacts became vital in mid-1990s, when Uganda and Rwanda sought a Congolese face for their intervention in Zaire.

Kabila returned in October 1996, leading ethnic Tutsis from South Kivu against Hutu forces, marking the beginning of the First Congo War. With support from Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi, Kabila pushed his forces into a full-scale rebellion against Mobutu as the Alliance of Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Congo-Zaire (ADFL). He used children in the conflict and it was estimated that up to 10,000 children served under him.

By mid-1997, the ADFL had almost completely overrun the country and the remains of Mobutu's army. Only the country's decrepit infrastructure slowed Kabila's forces down; in many areas, the only means of transit were irregularly used dirt paths.

And now, he had a plan to use Bowa Sekoa for his own good !!!
I am a Yankee.

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:58 pm

Chapter 5.

Back in New Zaire, Yusuf Mozonni had a situation of his own aside from the war. You see, his wife came from a semi royal background. Her father was the Shaka of Gako(Gako's modern name was Tuskuta). Now Gako was a big time slave trader who had immediately voiced his indirect support for Moncada when the civil war began. Only his daughter's well being forced him to stay neutral.

Matters were made worse when just a few days before the attack on Leopoldtown, his wife's spy caught Yusuf red handed with a woman of low morales. Yusuf immediately sent guards after the spy, however he had almost managed to run up to the presidential palace in New Zaire. There, Yusuf's bodyguards cut him down him with a shotgun. Yusuf then ordered his bodyguards to bring the film back to him for destruction. He did it and he felt safe.

Unfortunately for Yusuf, he didn't realize that this was Bowa Sekoa, here, money was the game. Just a day before the attack on Leopoldtown while he sat discussing some last moment plans with Katawa, he received a satellite phone call. His assistant said that the man insisted on talking straight to the president or bad things would happen to him.
It went as follows:
"

Yusuf- Hello, its the president, talk fast, i have only 2 minutes to spare.

Unknown- Hello Senhor, I am your bodyguard Moku.

Yusuf- Oh Moku, what's it? Is there a security threat.

Unknown- No sir, but its opportunity time for me.

Yusuf- What do you mean man, stop talking in riddles.

Unknown- You see sir, two days ago when we caught that man with the camera.

Yusuf- Uh......................er.......yeah, so what?

Unknown- You see lord, I developed the photos and then sent the film to you. I will be honest and upfront, my demands are $120000 or I send the photos to Tuskuta, I heard the chief there is prepared to pay $500000 to anyone who can force your wife to divorce you and come back. Only loyalty towards you, or whatever remains of it has encouraged me to give you this offer.

Yusuf- You double crossing mud eating rat, how dare you. You know, i gave you food, shelter, money, i would have had you made, but now guess what, its time to kill your mother, your father, your wife, your children, your friends, your co-workers, anyone who has ever smiled at you, I will kill them all.

Unknown- That's fruitless president sir, I am in a safe place with my whole family, trying to find me is impossible.

Yusuf- Well guess what my son, I am not giving one dime to a low class beggar like you, you who worship that crucified haggard beggar. And i don't fear Goka, tell him that his daughter is behind bars.

Unknown- That's a wron................................................................................

Click***

"

Yusuf angrily dismissed Katawa. He immediately sent his guards to imprison his wife. He didn't know then that the bodyguard had already sold the information to the Shaka of Goka.

Returning back to the present, Yusuf was almost in tears, for his ungreatful rat of a wife had escaped prison.

He was now furious, now the Shaka of Goka would rebel openly as well, and worse, with the army in Leopoldtown with Katawa, there were simply not enough troops to fight him. Even if he chose to attack New Zaire itself !!!!!

So he did what he had kept as a last resort. While Moncada's group had always been for Pro-Christian and Pro-Progressive(White) rule, Yusuf had loyally stuck to the notion of equality and secularism for the sake of words. Now he had had enough of it.

That afternoon, on the 10th of April, while Mate spoke with Kabila, the airwaves of Bowa Sekoa resonated with the cries of the Muzzeim, for Yusuf Mozzoni had declared a holy war....................a Jihad !
I am a Yankee.

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:27 am

Chapter 6.

All hell now broke loose. Bowa Sekoa was already a war torn country, but now, Yusuf's declaration made it an outlaw's paradise. So called Crusaders and Jihadis flocked from all over the world. Armed gangs started roaming free in the countryside. The population of armed men in the countryside increased by a whopping 60% !!!

Before, there had been violence, but it had always been controlled. Lose as it had been, the various groups like EZ for example atleast had 'Armies' , but now, murdering militias and terrorists laid waste to the land. The average murder per day reached a new record. Uptil now, the war had been largely unnoticed in the outside world, warranting, at most, a side panel on the middle pages of a country newspaper. Now, the war gained huge media attention, a French news channel said, "In remote mysterious Bowa Sekoa, a new 'Crusade' has turned the land into a 'Neo Jerusalem' , albeit filled with drugs and slaves rather than holy men and directed by genocidal warlords rather than Emperor's and Sultans" .

Now let's get back to Mate and the EZ. What did they discuss?

The deal was fairly simple, Kabila assured Moncada that Bowa Sekoa would remain largely left alone by his government after the civil war, Moncada would also get equipments and other help from Kabila.

No, don't think that Kabila is a saint. There has to be a catch right? Ding ding ding, absolutely right, in exchange for this help, Kabila wanted something else.
You see, Slave trading and drug dealing was obviously forbidden in the Congo by Kabila's group, not because it harmed the people or anything, Kabila didn't care a bit about them. That was simply because Kabila would have a total monopoly over those two trades.

So in effect, for help in the civil war, he wanted a cut off the action later. He wanted 5% of the illegal income as 'Tax' and he also wanted ownership of some large Weed farms and slave rings in the countryside.

With not other choice left, Moncada agreed completely. He renamed his group as 'Crusaders Congo' or CC.

Now this war didn't necessarily stop or damage the Drug trade. In fact, for all practical matters, it made it more prosperous. The influx of mercenaries, hailing from cartels, terrorist groups and rouge nations meant that the trade became more efficient. On relatively peaceful days, the mercenaries generally supplanted their income by working in the fields.

The number of forest tribals and innocent woman sold into slavery increased exponentially after the 'Congo holy war' (As coined by a Swedish newspaper) started.

Another surprising fact was that the overall infrastructure of the region actually increased just on the eve of the war. More roads were built than ever for moving the vast convoys of trucks and gun jeeps. Old radio towers were repaired and made ready for war. Moncada's group rebuilt many abonded Belgian era jungle forts for fighting in guerilla style. Even that dusty clearing known as the 'Bowa Sekoa private airfield' was made ready for the foreign talent to arrive.

All in all, Bowa Sekoa changed in unexpected ways on the eve of its deadliest bloodbath.
I am a Yankee.

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:53 am

Chapter 7.

How I lost my left eye? The same way my grandfather did. My grandfather lost his on Pearl harbour and so did I"
--Jason Wills:An American private security contractor fighting for Mozzoni.

Yusuf had always placed all of his strength on his fleet of ATV's, how he loved them, like a warrior loves his horse. For these ATV's were what seprated him from Moncada and the EZ. He had given explicit instructions to General Katawa to ensure that their maintenance was to be given paramount attention.

But in one of the most ridiculous mistakes of the 'War' , Katawa decided to house all the ATV's, all of them in a large shed in Leopoldtown so that they could be given good attention in a centralized location.

"We were all distraught, widows, with our only hope of a stable life in this hell shot down or dying of disease, we would have all died anyway. But like me, so many had children, he offered us something big, money for our children after the job was done. The way he said it, we believed every word he said. And we went off to Leopoldtown, 106 women, we reached there through many different routes and we did it on the 16th of April, it was morning time, and the only reason that I am sitting here in this interview now is that my bag did not go off"
--Clara Woka: Spokesperson on human rights(Ex-Refugee from Bowa Sekoa).

It was exactly 8.30 am on the 16th when Yusuf got the call. He had been having some exquisite French wine with his nutrient rich breakfast and he picked up the phone with oily hands.

"President, its Katawa, I have news"
"Speak general" said Yusuf.
"The ATV's sir, they are all gone"
For a moment Yusuf could not even digest the words, he remained silent, in fact, Katawa's words made no sense to him, it was as unimaginable as Bowa Sekoa being peaceful.
Despite that he managed to make a grunting noise on the phone.

Assuming it to be "How", Katawa continued with such a naturally peaceful voice that one would think nothing had happened at all.

"They have used Suicide bombers, more than a 100 of them. We have lost all but 6 ATV's."

On the other side of the line Katawa first heard a high pitched grunt and then voices of panicky servants. Knowing that the most natural thing to do was put down the phone, Katawa did just that.

In Tuskuta at the same time, the chief Goka was hard at work, he was the weakest among the CC(Christian crusaders), but now he was scheduled to play the most important role in winning the crusade.
He had been born as Prince Shehu of Goka.

His father, the 16th chief of Goka was a very pious man. In his lifetime he did not allow any nefarious activities to take place in Goka. When the Belgians left, he had been a young man, full of youth, and youth's are always easy to deceive. When his father refused to pay for a German Rolls Royce, Shehu borrowed money from one of his father's political opponents who very 'Generously' gave it to him free of interest.

In return, the opponent expected Shehu to only do one thing, supply information to him. Initially Shehu decided that supplying mere information wouldn't do much danger, so he did it.
But then one day, his father was seriously hurt in a car bomb. Knowing his mistake, Shehu decided to take revenge, he attacked the opponent and murdered him.

While touring the man premises he discovered how he had gotten filthy rich with the drug trade.

Shehu then asked his fathers permission to start peddling large scale drugs themselves, his father refused. So just two months after that his father's car had another bomb,........................................... and this time he didn't make it.

The rest is history.

"When I saw Katawa's face that afternoon, I swear I was seeing a ghost of a man, I could only imagined what this horrifying attack meant for his career"
--Humayun Zungar- Central Asian politician(Ex-Mercenary)

Chapter 8.

Yusuf was absolutely distraught, but the worst was yet to come.

On the 19th of April came grim news, Kabila's Congolese forces had crossed the border and via Goma city(Father Mate's stronghold).

On the 21st, they marched upon Aketi, here, they lost only 13 men and slaughtered 140 of the Jihadis, mainly because they had also bought 2 old WW2 era planes with them.

Now, they set their eyes on retaking Leopoldtown.

It was dusk on the 22nd when Yusuf finally gave the order for Katawa to leave Leopoldtown and march back to New Zaire to meet up with the main Jihadi forces.

But Katawa had other plans in his mind.

Meanwhile, at the same time in Tuskuta(Goka), the chief Shehu was having a chat with his daughter Sehara.The second woman of the region and Yusuf's ex wife.

"Sehara, look, I am making this clear, when we find your husband, we are going to kill him, hang him like a dog, I want to make sure that you agree to this, I want to make sure, that whatever resembling love that you had for that man, that infidel Muslim, is now gone, is it?" said Shehu.

"Love, hah, that man was nothing more than a cheater. Yes, I did love him once, but that love was purely physical, I loved not the man, but something else that he had." said Sehara.

"Hmm, yes, yes, I have to agree, that physically and mentally he is a fine man, but abilities are not everything you know, one also has to use those abilities wisely." said Shehu.

"You are right, I was suspicious from before only, I knew that he had affairs with loose woman, our love had died away after I lost our baby in my womb, that's why i employed those spies" said Sehara.

"Good, now I know that I can trust you, you know Sehara, you are a very intelligent girl, I am proud of you, that's why, after Senior Moncada liberates us, I am going to gift you Aketi, just yesterday they liberated it, you would be a chiefteness of your own chiefdom" said Shehu.

"Going away from you would be pain father, but I agree, except that I would not be a chief" said Sehara.

"Why is that so?" asked Shehu.

"I would be a governer, times are changing father, the world is growing, modernising, the cartels and peddlers that buy from us, come from developed countries, they should not feel alienated by our primitiveness" said Sehara.

The chief laughed.
"Si, si" he said.

Sehara also laughed.

"As i said before, you are an intelligent woman" said Shehu.

And then he hugged her in his fatherly embrace.

Now that the offensive had started, he was going to use his daughter wisely to bait Yusuf.
Last edited by Bowa Sekoa on Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a Yankee.

Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:56 am

I need some comments people.
Please.
Please.
Pleaseeeeeeeeeee.
I love small redneck American towns.
Many times I leave from Miami or NYC and start driving North or South respectively to explore these little islands of inbred tranquillity.
It's also a very patriotic experience. Most houses in these towns have the flag of the States over them . More flags than an army camp.

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:16 am

Chapter 9.

There comes a time in his life, when a man, an alpha male, with his Testosterons and all, finally is unable to take, there comes a time when he finally becomes a monster, especially when he is cornered, there is a time when he finally chooses to show his true and primal nature.

When this time comes, not even his god can stop or rationalize his decisions.

For General Ibrahim Katawa, that time had finally come. Disgraced, defeated and with an invading army threatning to put everything he had achieved under the boots and finish him off, and with his own boss ordering him to retreat. Katawa finally imploded.

It was the morning of the 23rd, the morning after Yusuf had given the order to retreat. The forces were ready to move out and all preparations were made. Everything seemed normal on the outside. When suddenly., Katawa came out from his office and stood on top of the town dias.

"Men" he shouted in a loud voice over the microphone.

Everyone looked up at him startled.

"Men, brave men of Bowa Sekoa, we have been instructed to leave Leopoldtown by high command" he said.

He took a pause.

"I want to ask something to you people, tell me, was Bowa Sekoa given to us for free?" he asked.

No one answered.

"No, it wasn't, we had to fight for it, our independence wasn't handed out to us for free like alms to a beggar, now tell me, should we just leave what we have gained, just because the same Congoloese army, whom we fought and defeated before, attack and threaten us again?" he asked.

Silence again.

"Don't hide your feelings like cowards or housewives men, tell me? Tell me? What is your answer?"

There was silence for a minute more. Then someone shouted.

"No general, we should figght on general, fight for Bowa Sekoa" .

"Yes, general WE WILL FIGHTTTTTTT" shouted the group in unison.

"I am still giving you a choice, stay and and fight or leave and live a pitiful cowardly life of wasted opportunities, what do you choose?" he shouted at several decibels .

"STAY AND FIGHT GENERAL" they shouted

"STAY AND FIGHT" they shouted

"STAY AND FIGHT" they shouted again and again till they were sure of it.

"They have helicopters, tanks and numbers my men, but we have bravery, we could all be killed, but we would live on in memories, every child will recite your names in the mosque" he shouted Katawa.

It was Yusuf's secretary Efraim who gave him the news.

"Sir, Katawa hasn't retreated from Leopoldtown yet" said Efraim.

"Why?, what's the delay?" asked Yusuf naively.

"Its not a question of delay sir, Katawa is refusing to retreat all together, he said that his ancestors were warriors, he has to redeem his honour" said Efraim.

"WHAT A FOOL, TELL THAT DO TO RETREAT IMMEDIATELY, THIS IS LUNACY" shouted Yusuf.

"Contacting is impossible sir, Katawa has closed all communication, Leopoldtown is now isolated completely" said Efraim.

Yusuf collapsed on to his chair for the Nth time. It was over.
I am a Yankee.

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:16 am

Chapter 10.

As predicted, on the 26th, it was a slaughter. The Congolese forces of Kabila marched inside Leopoldtown with an army 6 times bigger.

At first, Katawa's men, charged up with energy and vigour inflicted high casualties on the enemy while defending the gate, but once that was breached and the helicopters had arrived, it was a piece of cake.

But Katawa resisted to the bitter end.

They say, that finally, with most of his men killed, he was cornered against the Town hospital. He came out armed with two AK-47's , one in each hand and a dozen hand grenades. He killed about 12 men in that last stand from the 4th floor of the building.

When someone shot a grenade on his belt, he finally perished.

Back in New Zaire, Yusuf Mozzoni had finally accepted that he had almost lost, his mind had returned to a rational and practical way of thinking. Anyone else in his post would have given up and fled, but it was not Yusuf Mozzoni if he simply accepted defeat, he would struggle.

His thought process was based on some facts.

Kabila was growing impatient, the slaughter at Leopoldtown had inflicted too many losses on his forces and they needed a long rest before taking New Zaire.

Yusuf reasoned that if he led a quick lightning charge on Goma city and perhaps got Father Mate, then he would cut off supplies for Kabila's army and gain a province. That, he reasoned would give him something more to negotiate with. At least a temporary peace. It was the vain hope of a dying man, but hope it was, and a good man should never give up hoping.

In Tuskuta, the Shaka was once again speaking to his daughter.

"Are you sure of this." asked the Shaka.

"I will be safe in that manor, it would alllow me more room to plan" said Sehara.

"Ok, be safe my love, and entice that son of a whore" said the Shaka.
I am a Yankee.

Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:34 am

This story is hands down the best one that I have ever read.
I am kidding, its me Bowa Sekoa.

Please I am begging you, give me some comments, some critique.

Please, won't you help a sad lonely writer. :(
Last edited by Deutsches Zweites Kaiserreich on Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love small redneck American towns.
Many times I leave from Miami or NYC and start driving North or South respectively to explore these little islands of inbred tranquillity.
It's also a very patriotic experience. Most houses in these towns have the flag of the States over them . More flags than an army camp.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:45 am

I'm reading what you're writing! What is your plan for your nation after the civil war?
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:54 am

After the civil war(Only one chapter remaining BTW), the 2nd volume would start.

The nature of this volume would be different from the first.

Unfortunately, that's all I can say for now.

It will also involve a father and his son.

However, I will post a trailer bout the 2nd volume after I finish writing the conclusive chapter of the 1st.

I also plan on writing a bit more about Kata and how he unified the region. But that would be second priority .

I am very happy that you have commented . I need comments to reinforce my will to write . Thank you very much and keep commenting always. :)
I am a Yankee.

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:52 am

Chapter 11.

To ensure that his ambitious plan, somewhat akin to Hitler's Ardennes offensive, Yusuf and his few remaining loyal Jihadis planned meticulously. Maps were drawn, spies were sent in and weapons were cleaned and oil.

"We are going to hit them as hard as we can" said Yusuf in private.

The operation was kept strictly secret.

Yusuf's intuition was correct, for Kabila had made a private statement, that his first priority in case of any attack to his supply lines would be to relieve them and not to attack New Zaire.
On top of that, Mozzoni had set up heavy defenses in the forts on the roads leading to New Zaire. The city itself was prepared for a yearlong siege. It also had anti aircraft defenses.

The date for the operation was planned as the 7th of May.

One morning, on the 4th, Efraim came running to Yusuuf, he was visibly excited and sweat was running out of his burnt forehead.

"What happened?"asked Yusuf rising up.

"Sir, I have some novel news, we can have an enormous advantage"said Efraim.

"Speak up, what is it" asked Yusuf.

"Sir, its your wife, she is staying in a lightly guarded manor just on he border of New Zaire province and Aketi" said Efraim.

Yusuf's face cracked up to a smile. Yes.

That evening in the meeting room, Yusuf explained the new opportunity to his top generals.

"Gentlemen, my wife is more than my wife, much more, she is our ticket to atleast a negotiation"said Yusuf.

Sadi Birrani, one of his top generals, a fat man with a belly in his 50s exclaimed "Ah, and how is that my lord?" .

"If we manage to capture her alive, then we can hold her hostage, then the Shaka, her father, he will appeal to Moncada to free her at any cost, if he refuses, then Moncada will not onl lose an ally but also the confidence of his other allies, for who would trust a man who betrays his friends?" said Yusuf.

Everyone nodded.

But not Birrani, he was the only one in the room who had fought in an actual big war. He had fought in the Indo-Pak war of 1971 as a mercenary for Pakistan.

"But what sir, if we fail, or even what, if we fail to take her alive?" asked Birrani.
To this, Yusuf only had one answer "Lets hope you people don't screw this up" .

After two minutes more of silence, he suddenly exclaimed "We attack tomorrow, you have the night to prepare" .

Then he left leaving the shocked generals to ponder over the situation.

The next day, even as the generals prepared their hastily put together army, he gave them another surprise.
He appeared full armed in front of them and said "I am also coming our little err....................honeymoon" .

It barely took them half a day to reach the place. It was called "Charles manor" and it dated back to Belgian times.
I am a Yankee.

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:52 am

Chapter 12.

All was quiet near Charles manor at night, it had taken them barely an hour to surround it from all sides. The plan was to go in silence. Most of the soldiers were using suppressors. Some were even using bow and arrows.

The manor barely had a garrison of 200 men, in contrast, Yusuf had bought 1200 men. There was no way they were losing this one.

At first, Birrani was suspicious that it was a trap, but when Yusuf's spies told him that the guards in the manor were on alert and acting normal, it was confirmed that this was no ambush.

The next action can be best described in minutes.

Minute 0 - Yusuf gave the order to move ahead. They were now a kilometer away from the manor.

Minute 10 - 600 metres more to go.

Minute 15- A foolish mercenary was stung by a snake and cried out loudly. Yusuf feared the worst. Fotunatly no one was alerted.

Minute 25- Thy were now only 250 metres away, Yusuf gave the order to slow down and be stealthy .

Minute 40- Everyone was dead .

Wait, what????????????????????

Let me rewind and slow it down a bit for you.

Minute 27 - Some faint noise of a machine could be heard in the mountains behind them.

Minute 28- Those were rotors, rotors of attack helicopters.

Minute 32 - A machine gun from the sky blazed, Yusuf panickly shouted, "Hold fire till those Congolese dogs come closer" Nobody bothered to hear him.

Minute 33 - A sniper shot from inside the manor shot Yusu's personal bodyguard dead. Th first bombs fell killing men in their 10s. Yusuf hit the deck.

Minute 37 - By this time, around 25 bombs had hit them hard. Most of his men had been killed or deserted.

Minute 39 - Yusuf could see to his utter horror, that no one in 20 metres from him was alive. The last of his men had fled in the dark of the night.

Minute 40 - Everyone was dead.

Yes, everyone was dead. But was Yusuf Mozzoni dead. It was never confirmed. His body wasnt fóund. Not even after Moncada took over power on the 30th of May.

There were numerous sightings of him over the years.

On one December day in 1999, a local policeman in New Zaire claimed that one of the robbers in the group which robbed a gold truck was Yusuf Mozzoni.

In 2001 a man claiming himself as Yusuf Mozzoni gave an emailed interview to an international news channel which was all too happy to get the TRP.

He was last sighted in the streets of Goma city in 2004, apparently by an old vegetable seller who claimed that "I saw Yusuf Mozzoni begging for alms outside the church" .

And here ends the Volume 1 people. I hope the end didn't feel too rushed or sudden, casue it was not.
I am a Yankee.

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vietmihn » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:58 am

Amazing writing. I look forward to the next volume.

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:02 am

Yes.

Volume one has ended with my last update people.
Thanks for staying on my side my good readers. I am greatful to you.

Stay tuned, Volume 2 is coming out very soon. It will be of a different type.

Trailer for Volume 2 .

One man's quest to peacefully rebrand his country from war to paradise, but is it enough. Can he stop the bloodshed that comes along with a rebrand?
I am a Yankee.

Astoriya
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Astoriya » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:06 am

Good lord, that is good :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:15 am

Astoriya wrote:Good lord, that is good :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks so much man.
I am a Yankee.

Bowa Sekoa
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bowa Sekoa » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:34 am

I am a Yankee.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information