NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Do you have the Need For Speed

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[Draft] Do you have the Need For Speed

Postby Libertas Omnium Maximus » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:30 am

In recent news, a deadly car crash resulted in the death of nearly a dozen @@Plural Nation Demonym@@. The catalyst of this horrid accident: A joyriding, street racing video game obsesed, 17 year old who was traveling nearly 6 times the speed limit. Now video game enthusiasts, concerned mothers, pedestrians, and the like have all crashed into your office demanding action.

Option 1.

“Ban ‘em All!” cries, Mary Mullins, the overprotective mother of 7, while cradling her 3 years old son, Mortimer, in bubble wrap. “These video games clearly encourage reckless driving and other illicit activity. Just last night I caught my eldest daughter, Maya, driving ONE whole mile over the speed limit. Granted, she was accelerating through a yellow light. But that doesn’t matter. We need to ban these games and fine the makers of ‘em! Think of the Children @@Leader@@!

Option 2.

You’re outa your mine ya darn woman! Exclaims Sean McCormick, world renowned racing legend. “You don understand! ‘Ese games teach the next generation to love the sport of car racing. Without ‘em, why, I might’n’t have any competition in the next World Motercar Championship! Leave the games, for the love of the lord leave the games! Also, @@Leader@@, ya feel like chipping in a couple grand on buying us a huge racing arena. Think of all the tourism.

Option 3.

Suddenly, the ground shakes as a mildly overweight 30 year old bounds into the room. “Bro, like, I totally, like, don’t care about the stupid racing stuff or whatever. What I do care about is playing video games. I have logged, like, 5,790 hours on Need for Acceleration. You can’t ban those games, It is impeding on my, like, personal freedoms. Back off Bro!” At that he storms from the room.

Option 4.

“I have a great IDEA!” Declares renowned lawyer, Olsen Theodore, “We could compromise and just make all racing video games declare that ‘The gaming displayed in this product is for entertainment purposes only. Do not, In any way, shape, or for, attempt to recreate any or all of the hazardous driving depicted in this game.” That way people will no not to try it.

Outcomes:

Outcome 1.

Most racing video games are banned under the grounds that “they encourage dangerous driving.”

Outcome 2.

The average race car travels at an average of 340 mph.

Outcome 3.

People are often apprehended attempting to break into buildings. Their defense; “It is my personal freedom to enter anyplace I like Bro!”

Outcome 4.

The average video game development team has more lawyers on it than computer scientists.
Last edited by Libertas Omnium Maximus on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Libertas Omnium Maximus
(Representative Democracy; Established 1837)
The Litudinem Herald|NationStates Resume|Libertas Omnium Maximus Wiki

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:48 am

This is just issue 0074. Sorry

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=88#074
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Diplomat

Postby Libertas Omnium Maximus » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:44 am

Dang it!

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:17 am

Sorry LOM... if you'd like, you can ask if an issue idea's been covered in the Writers' Block. It normally saves on a lot of headache. :)
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Libertas Omnium Maximus
Diplomat

Postby Libertas Omnium Maximus » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:33 am

smart man.

Return to Got Issues?