NATION

PASSWORD

[ON HOLD] Gender equality act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

[ON HOLD] Gender equality act

Postby Agarntrop » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:34 am

Gender equality act

Category: Civil Rights| Strength: Significant| Written by: Agarntrop

The nations of the world assembly;

Recognising that women are just as capable as men and vice versa; and therefore all genders ought to be treated equally;

Observing that many nations have unjust patriarchal or matriachal societies;

Refuting religious or fundamentalist claims that one gender is better, stronger or more worthy than the other;

Agreeing with the argument that the World Assembly ought to stand up for gender equality;

This chamber and the world assembly wholly establishes the following:

1. Bans privileges being given to one gender but meanwhile being withheld from the other.

2. Outlaws member nations from witholding privileges to a woman unless she is accompanied by her husband and vice versa.

3. Creates a mandatory requirement that all nations' justice systems have exactly the same system of prosecution and trial for both genders.

4. Outlaws corportaions in member nations and the public sector of member nations from either:

a: Witholding jobs from a person based on their gender;

b: Providing higher/lower salaries to people doing exactly the same job based on their gender .

5. Requires member nations to have exactly the same laws for citizens irrespective of gender.

6. Defines the word 'privellige' to mean any of the following:

a: Political rights as defined under previous General Assembly resolutions;

b: Civil rights as defined under previous General Assembly resolutions;

c: Human Rights as defined under previous General Assembly resolutions.

6. Mandates that this bill applies to member states and everything under their jurisdiction.

The 'persisterhood' WA bill.
Last edited by Agarntrop on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:11 am, edited 6 times in total.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:46 am

“Unfortunately, this has already been fairly comprehensively done by GA 35. World Assembly resolution number 35 - Charter of Civil Rights - bans any discrimination on the basis of gender, since it bans any discrimination full stop. The result is that this proposal is almost entirely a complete duplication of the protection already given by CoCR.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Liberimery
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberimery » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:39 am

"Perhaps you could make this more Gender Neutral as The Democratic States of Liberimery is historically a matrilineal society and women had control of most domestic law. Until our own equality laws came into effect, women have controlled our legislature and most of our judiciary. Even today, there has never been a majority male Speaker's Assembly. This seems to be written from a perspective of one specific cultural surpression of women."

"That said, I applaud your motion on jobs. I would have gone into acting but no one would give me a job to play the role of Marry Poppins. I say it's high time a man plays the role... and my male cousin has always wanted to be a Catholic Nun... but he is quite peculiar..." takes a more serious tone, "Of course I jest about myself... and wish all the best to my cousin, but usually these laws have certain exceptions for jobs where a specific gender is required. For example, one expects that a Wonder Woman movie would have some allegations of false advertising if Mr. Pine was given the titular role."

Quantipapa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Quantipapa » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:40 am

oh my goodness. this is so great we have to pass this right away.

Return to General Assembly