NATION

PASSWORD

Yetanothernews - News, intelligence and the state of regions

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Yetanothernews
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Yetanothernews - News, intelligence and the state of regions

Postby Yetanothernews » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:59 am

If you want to help us, whether by leaking secret material, writing an opinion piece, or otherwise, contact me via telegram.
Secrecy is paramount for us- we will never leak the names of nations who leak information without their consent, unless directed to do so by Nation States Adminstrators, or Moderators in official capacity; nations who fraudulently join our organization, who only distribute fake material willingly, or otherwise only try to decieve us are exempt from these protections.

Article I

The State of the Game -Created Regions, a quick overview.

I.1 - The Warzones

The warzones are currently just that - warzones. Not important on the wider scale, frequently invaded. Due to the lack of any innate nation intake, they are insignificant, and that's pretty much everything interesting to write about them.

I.2 - Feeders.

The North Pacific(TNP)

The North Pacific has an incredibly active RMB community, and is currently, on the forum side, recovering from an extended time of forum unavaliability due to a forced conversion. It is the most powerful World Assembly region of Nation States, having more than one-thousand endorsements on the delegate. TNP remains one of the most important regions in the game.

The East Pacific(TEP)

TEP has an active RMB community, a reasonably active forum, a very active discord... and with 800 endorsements significant influence in the World Assembly. Things have gone well for TEP.

The West Pacific(TWP)

TWP has only a bit over 500 endorsements, a moderately active RMB, a not so active forum and an active discord. Its influence is rather low on the international scale, and its activity is, for a feeder, ok, but vastly improvable.

The Pacific(TP)

The Pacific has similar endorsement counts to TWP, a RMB of mostly the same activity, its forum is also not so active, but its discord channels are highly active, more than TWP. There is still room for improvement.

The South Pacific(TSP)

TSP has a moderately active RMB.
They have 603 endorsements, but... that's pretty much it. Not so high activity discord, and don't start on the forums. The South Pacific really needs to step up, or they will end up being the worst feeder in pretty much everything.

I.3 The Sinkers

All sinkers are struggling to maintain activity.

Balder - Balder is in an ok state of affairs, considering the state of the other sinkers. But there is still not much activity going.

Lazarus - Lazarus seems to have nearly no community, with a few actives trying to reanimate the region. Only time will tell if they are successful.

Osiris - One of the two zombie sinkers. There is few activity there. The region is mainly a hollow shell. No one is trying to generate more than infrequent activity.

The Rejected Realms - The worst of the sinkers, and a zombie sinker. Mainly a hollow shell with nearly zero activity.

Conclusions: The Warzones are not important. The Feeders seem to do all at least moderately well, with The North Pacific and The East Pacific being the most active and influential feeders.

The Sinkers are all not in well shape. Only Balder looks ok right now. Lazarus may or may not be on the path to more activity.

Osiris, and especially The Rejected Realms are zombie regions, and they could probably even get invaded without many people caring about them at all. If no group of people steps up in these regions they will remain dead, a huge disservice for nations that end up in those two regions and, ultimatively, the game itself.
It might be even expedient to ask the adminstrators to remove Osiris as Sinker, considering that the other sinkers are in need of activity.
The problem of The Rejected Realms can unfortunately not be resolved in that manner.
Last edited by Yetanothernews on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grater Tovakia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Grater Tovakia » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:02 am

Sounds interesting, may right a piece.
Never pet a burning dog

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:21 am

"Balder is in an ok state of affairs" lol ok

Dalimbar
Envoy

Founded: Jul 19, 2004
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dalimbar » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:27 am

This was good for a chuckle. I'd advise the poster to actually take time in each region before throwing stones. You'll learn a lot more than just a skim of the RMB.
Dalimbar,
Delegate / Pharaoh (Ret.) of Osiris
Delegate (Ret.) of The North Pacific
Guardian (Ret.) of The West Pacific
Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrant Club
Escade - @Dali how many husbands do you have and why do you take the bestest ones
Dali -1. Who knows. 2. Because I am a scoundrel.
---
Ark - He shows off some obscure but tasteful art, features smoking heavily, and is ironically more popular now than when he was published
---
Comrade Senator Marina - Dali is the most fabulous man alive and the bane of all uncouped regions

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:17 am

You should cosmo more.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Darkesia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Darkesia » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:53 pm

I'm totally invading Osiris. They are asking for it. Stay tuned to see if anyone notices.
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:33 pm

The writer clearly has a lot more to learn. Do more than just browse for any apparent signs of activity. "Nearly zero activity"? Really? You’re missing literally all information of the goings on in TRR.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:51 pm

I think you have failed to grasp several things here but good try

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:58 pm

Also activity is not a guarantee of a good region if you have a employees working all day shuffling papers that's not a good business what you want is what's behind the curtain

The Sygian
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sygian » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:59 pm

Yetanothernews wrote:Osiris - One of the two zombie sinkers. There is few activity there. The region is mainly a hollow shell. No one is trying to generate more than infrequent activity.

Osiris, and especially The Rejected Realms are zombie regions, and they could probably even get invaded without many people caring about them at all. If no group of people steps up in these regions they will remain dead, a huge disservice for nations that end up in those two regions and, ultimatively, the game itself.
It might be even expedient to ask the adminstrators to remove Osiris as Sinker, considering that the other sinkers are in need of activity.
The problem of The Rejected Realms can unfortunately not be resolved in that manner.

I am led to believe that this is satire, considering your statement about Balder's foreign affairs especially following recent events. If so, you're not very good at it.

Osiris is currently the most active (and stable) it has been in a looooong time. A majority of our activity takes place offsite, but lately we have been incorporating a lot of new things on site (such as our Statlympics) to engage nations onsite. If a hollow shell is the same thing as a sovereign region thriving in foreign and domestic affairs, then I guess you could be right. :p

Out of the 3 sinkers (and TRR) that you mentioned, Osiris and The Rejected Realms are the ones that have been flourishing the most lately.

If this was supposed to be serious, I encourage you to next time look a lot deeper into each region. They aren't what you see on the onsite region page. Every region has a community, and most of them engage and converse offsite, aka what you *don't* see on the region page.
Sygian Vytherov
Sub-Vizier of Foreign Affairs, Osiris

Co-Founder of News With Booze (RIP)
Vizier of Gameside Affairs, Osiris
Chief Guardian of Osiris
Chief Vizier of Osiris
Author of SC #225
Chief Scribe of Osiris
Council Member/Advisor of The Black Hawks
Regent of Auralia
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Tags are fleeting. Sygian is forever.
Chingis wrote:[News With Booze] was good for like the first 5-6 episodes
then Tim started coming on
Pierconium wrote:[Sygian is] somewhere between Cormac's large and small intestine

Wabbitslayah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Wabbitslayah » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:46 pm

TRR has had a lot more activity going on onsite. By a lot. Hell, one noobie instantly became an officer recently. I like our new minnows in the region and I hope they grow there and enjoy their time there.

Additionally, the offsite forums have just recently transitioned. Make sure to check your "facts".
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Ohnoimadog
Political Columnist

Founded: May 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ohnoimadog » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:44 pm

I've spent quite a lot of time in TNP and TRR, and I can say that TNP is moderately accurate, but for TRR, it is technically accurate, but the raiding thing is really off.

Leglisslanistapitz
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Leglisslanistapitz » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:02 pm

blasphemy!

Indibagion Mer
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Indibagion Mer » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:59 pm

You shouldn’t say bad things about the rejected realms
You might end up there one day

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:21 pm

Author, I strongly suspect all of your forum/Discord activity estimates are rather off unless you're a citizen+ in all of them

Salvarity
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Salvarity » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:30 pm

The Heartbeat is gone and this is what we get?
Praetor of the Empire of Mare Nostrum
World Assembly Delegate of the Empire of Mare Nostrum

King of the British Isles
Prime Minister of the British Isles
Defense Minister of the British Isles
Home Minister of the British Isles
Culture Minister of the British Isles
MP of Parliament for Northern Ireland
Co-Founder of the SDLP in the British Isles
Admiral of the Royal British Isles Navy
Marquess of Winchester

Minister of the Exterior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Minister of the Interior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Senator in the Imperial Senate
Field Marshal Lieutenant of the Imperial Army of the Land of Kings and Emperors
Baron of Nassau

Lance Corporal in the North Pacific Army

Merryman in the United Defenders League

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:47 pm

Salvarity wrote:The Heartbeat is gone and this is what we get?

Comparing those two does a disservice to the Heartbeat

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:16 am

Oh darn, didn't know he was gone.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:46 am

Jar Wattinree wrote:

Oh darn, didn't know he was gone.

Heartbeat has been missing for a while, probably easy to not notice since they were never very noisy even before they left. Shame, they did awesome work
Malphe Vytherov

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay