NATION

PASSWORD

Venetian Vampires (OOC, PT, Medieval, Fantasy, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
AquilaJordyn
Envoy

Founded: Nov 06, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Venetian Vampires (OOC, PT, Medieval, Fantasy, Open)

Postby AquilaJordyn » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:48 pm

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDVenetian Vampires

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDImage

The year is 1101 A.D. At the call of his holiness Pope Urban II, the Christian states of Europe repelled the Mohammedans out of the holy land, and now Crusader controlled states have been established in and around the holy city of Jerusalem, with the Church of the Holy Sepulcher safely in the hands of the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem. The victory, while certainly assured by Jesus's divine providence, went far better than expected, so much so that the Muslim powers around the Holy Land are dealing with challenges to their abilities to rule.

As a direct result of the victory, the Byzantine Empire has begun a push to reconquer lost territory to the Sultanate of Rûm and the Fatimid struggle to calm the worries of their populous in Egypt especially on the Sinai peninsula, where small conflicts have already arisen along the border between Muslims on the Sinai peninsula and Catholic Christians in the Kingdom of Jerusalem. In the Seljuk Empire, due to internal struggles between the Sultan and his people, who say the Empire has failed, a seemingly random Zoroastrian man claiming descent from the House of Sasan, the royal house which ruled Persia before Muslim rule has managed to kill the Sultan. This man has taken the Empress as his wife and crowned himself Emperor of Persia with much popular support. Crowned Shah Cyrus III Of Persia, many are claiming he is the fabled Saoshyant, the messiah of Zoroastrianism. Others outside of his realm say he is a powerful Warlock, who surprised the Sultan through the use of illusionary magic.

Across the courts of Europe, courtiers are clamoring that the powerful victory over the Infidels is ode to the leadership of Basileus Kalesius Príamexia IV the Lionheart of Syagros who led the besieging allied-forces of Europe, though others are whispering rumors that the Crusader's success is thanks to the Basileus's secretive, some say non-existent, Order Of Saint Joshua, a supposed elite Spy organization serving his stoicness. Regardless, Syagros stands tall the world over, with lucrative trade, proud soldiers, and a popular Basileus. The nation stands as a major place of commerce, the perfect place for adventurers to pick-up equipment, both of a mundane & arcane nature. Supposedly, a magical college is hidden somewhere deep in the woods of the country, roaming gypsy women sell wares that are both strange & dangerous and some are even saying if you head to the capital's underground necropolis, you can find coven's of Vampire's willing to turn a man into one of them for a small fee. Some others are even saying that the Basileus himself is one of them. The Basileus goes to the Cathedral every Sunday & donates generously to the Church. He is a human...right?

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDImage
His stoicness, the Basileus Kalesius IV riding through the streets of the Capitol, Triton, victoriously after returning from the Crusade. While the monarch of Syagros received no territories in the Holy Land from his holiness, the Pope, the 29 year old, single, Basileus has received enormous attention from noble ladies far & wide who are hoping to find love in his hand...that or gold.

Despite the enormous victory in the first crusade, all is not peaceful across Europe and in fact all of the continents. In Europe, strife and conflict is still at a high between the Kings of Western Europe, the Byzantines are hardly safe from Muslim incursions despite their recent growth in confidence, and some are none too happy with who the Pope gave control of the Holy Land to. Worse, roaming covens of Vampires continue to grow in strength in Europe, harassing the peasants. Pagan tribesmen in Lithuania and Central Asia cause havoc in Eastern Europe. In the middle east, the recent crusades only exacerbate the problem of Necromancers becoming Lich's and leading the undead. In North Africa, reports are saying that Were-animals; from Camels to wolves to even, some are saying, Elephants, feast on the population. Far to the east, in China and in the Indian Kingdoms, while trade routes with the West remain profitable, the people are in an uproar, saying that demons have come up from Hell, carrying away children and the Mongol war-machine threatens their very existence. Across the world, Dragons bring terror to the sky, Giants wreck havoc across the land, and Sea Monsters keep sailors close to shore.

The chaos and recent political machinations leave much room for a man with a sharp wit and even sharper sword to get very wealthy and very powerful. Whether through official channels or.... those of the underworld and whether by blade or by magic.

Rules
1. Follow Nationstates rules.

2. You can do what you want with NPC characters, within reason, and avoid murdering any important characters. Don't marry the Pope, don't kill the Pope, don't have children with the Pope. Want to play cards with the Pope? Go ahead. In cases involving important NPC's, telegram me asking if it goes too far or not.

3. In regards to killing other player's characters, Please telegram the person you'd like to murder, asking if they are okay with dying. This here is a Christian role play, we are polite in our murders. Don't forget to say please & thank you.

4. The starting year is 1101 A.D. Do not advance the role-play's timeline too far. The role play will end when/if we reach the year 1500 A.D. If you see the Reformation, you've gone too far. If you see Morgan Freeman, I'll be the opposite of tickled pink with you. Oh, and no time-machine business. Stay in the time period, don't try to go backwards in time either.

5. This here is a medieval, past-times roleplay. As a rule, if it is a machine, a robot, or requires jet-fuel, don't use it in the role play.

6. You can role-play as any magical-being. If isn't a well known one, an explanation of what they are would be helpful. Don't make them too powerful, and I'd love to see someone try being a Were-Elephant.

7. Inactivity for a week means I'll have to kill off your character. It won't be a peaceful death, it will be painful, and possibly rather quite funny. No, definitely humorous. This is a fantasy role play, and as a College student I know something might happen to keep you from role playing. You can come back, but you'll need to pay a Necromancer to revive you & Charon's rates are atrocious. Telegram me asking if you can come back, repeated inactivity might result in not being allowed back into the role play.

Accepted Characters: Basileus Kalesius Príamexia IV AquilaJordyn

Accepted Factions & Members
The Black Hand
Members: Basileus Kalesius Príamexia IV

Code: Select all
Character App
Name:
Title Or Nickname(If Any):
Appearance: [img][/img]
Realm (Territory they control if any.):
Religion:
Are They A Magical Being (Vampire, Dragon, Were-Camel, Et cetera):
Allegiance:
Skills:
Bio:
Anything you want to add?:
Theme music?:

Code: Select all
Faction name
Name:
What is the nature of your group ( political, criminal, corporate, religious, rebel, etc. ):
Are you a legal organization?:
How many full fledged and active members do you have ( nothing unreasonable ):
What are the goals of your group?:
Headquarters location ( if any ):
History:
Logo or standard?:
Anything you want to add?:
Theme music?:
Last edited by AquilaJordyn on Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Overview Factbook|Emperor Vulcan saō Ðardanexia IX|Embassy Programme|Vis En Frites Seafood Restaurant Chain
|Intersectional Feminist|Environmentalist|White For Black Lives|Social Democrat|
Nationstates Stats & Policies are not Canon. The nation is called Syagros. Call the people Syagrots or Trojans.

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:33 pm

tag, are vampires the usual "burn in the daylight" type?
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

AquilaJordyn
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby AquilaJordyn » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:19 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:tag, are vampires the usual "burn in the daylight" type?

You know, I was debating that. I think Vampires can get way too powerful without the burn-in-daylight thing. I'm open to suggestions, but otherwise, in this world, they can burn in daylight, but if you are role playing as one, there are ways to avoid the effects if you're powerful enough, such as buying an expensive amulet or casting an exhausting spell.
Overview Factbook|Emperor Vulcan saō Ðardanexia IX|Embassy Programme|Vis En Frites Seafood Restaurant Chain
|Intersectional Feminist|Environmentalist|White For Black Lives|Social Democrat|
Nationstates Stats & Policies are not Canon. The nation is called Syagros. Call the people Syagrots or Trojans.

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:29 pm

AquilaJordyn wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:tag, are vampires the usual "burn in the daylight" type?

You know, I was debating that. I think Vampires can get way too powerful without the burn-in-daylight thing. I'm open to suggestions, but otherwise, in this world, they can burn in daylight, but if you are role playing as one, there are ways to avoid the effects if you're powerful enough, such as buying an expensive amulet or casting an exhausting spell.

How about being only half vampire?
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

AquilaJordyn
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby AquilaJordyn » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:31 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:
AquilaJordyn wrote:You know, I was debating that. I think Vampires can get way too powerful without the burn-in-daylight thing. I'm open to suggestions, but otherwise, in this world, they can burn in daylight, but if you are role playing as one, there are ways to avoid the effects if you're powerful enough, such as buying an expensive amulet or casting an exhausting spell.

How about being only half vampire?

Are you asking if a half-vampire should burn in the sunlight?
They should be weaker in sunlight, but they won't burn.

Before you ask, a quarter vampire should be fine in sunlight but have an inability to tan.
Last edited by AquilaJordyn on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AquilaJordyn
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby AquilaJordyn » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:10 pm

Character App
Name: Kalesius Príamexia IV
Title Or Nickname(If Any): His Stoicness, Basileus of Syagros, Protector Of The Pope, Defender of the faith, Liberator of Jerusalem.
Appearance:

Realm (Territory they control if any.): Syagros
Religion: Ttroaditine Rite Catholic Christian
Are They A Magical Being (Vampire, Dragon, Were-Camel, Et cetera): Pure-blooded vampire.
Allegiance: Syagros, the Pope, Venice.
Skills: Adept at Blood-magic & swordsmanship, Strategy, Dragon-riding, Falconry, Cards & Dice.
Born to her stoicness, Basilissa Sorgana Príamexia III & her Imperial consort, Basileus Memnon V of Syagros in the Jade room of the Castle Sarpedon, courtiers watching the young Crown Prince Kalesius of Syagros always remarked that he was strong, kind, and full of wit, but that he kept himself from the other children. He took his place as heir very seriously, so much so that he avoided any sort of extra-curricular activities outside of dueling & horseback riding. Although the Basileus is very warm & welcoming, many have found him difficult to interact with.

On his mother's death in 1090 A.D. the Basileus, at the age of 18, was crowned sovereign of Syagros by his holiness, Pope Urban II. He has ruled the nation with a firm but a just & generous hand.

It was 2 years after ascending to the throne that his stoicness wandered into the oldest section of the Necropolis under Triton for the first time. Being a Pure-blood vampire, his line of vampires tracing back to his ancestors in the city of Troy, he felt little desire before that night to be around "half-bloods." those who had been turned into Vampires, rather than born one. However, since the death of his mother, the Basileus has sought more adventure & friendship in his life. In his coven, the Black Hand Coven, he found comradery & intellect that was always missing among the humans. His Coven was one of the oldest in Europe. Unlike the younger ones, it had much gold, blood, and time to spare. His coven members were content, unlike those in the younger covens, with feasting on the blood from their thrall's. There was so much to learn at the Black Hand, his... friends were genuine enough for Vampires, and they had always kept their promise to him to never hurt any of the mortals of the nation, his mortals. But while he was gone on crusade, a new vampire, one that the oldest members are saying is a pure-blood, and an important one at that, has arrived. Unlike him, she has no love for his mortals. Unlike the rest of his coven, she's spirited & adventurous. Worse, his stoicness likes her for that.

Of course, his stoicness has never been totally without friends. Since birth, he has had his family's eternal companion, Surrexin, a fierce, intelligent Dragon that has been with the family since they first found him on the Island nation, deep in the mountains. While his bite is fierce, Surrexin is a rather old dragon who hasn't been capable of spewing forth fire from his maw for over a century. With the right incantations and rituals, the old dragon could set half of the country on fire, but who would want to do that? Instead, the Basileus often chooses to ride Surrexin during parades to show the might of the army, and the two can be seen swirling in the clouds above the capitol often.

Anything you want to add?: No.
Theme music?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

Faction name: The Black Hand
Name: Basileus Kalesius Príamexia IV
What is the nature of your group ( political, criminal, corporate, religious, rebel, etc. ): Adventuring & Learning.
Are you a legal organization?: No.
How many full fledged and active members do you have ( nothing unreasonable ): 13
What are the goals of your group?: To uncover hidden & forbidden knowledge, make contact with the underworld, and convert mortals into vampires.
Headquarters location ( if any ): The Necropolis of Triton, Syagros
History: The Black Hand has a long history, one that started in Egypt among a group of Coptic Priests in Alexandria who used their Vampiric powers to resist Muslim rule in Egypt. After being cast out of that nation with torches at their back, the members not killed by the Muslims in 670 A.D. sailed across the sea to Syagros, where they have made their home ever sense. A powerful merchant coven for over 3 centuries dealing in human cattle on the black market, the coven has now devoted its coffers not to the acquiring of human cattle, but of knowledge, with a secondary focus in adventuring, venturing among the mortals to find what secrets are held in the mortal realm.
Logo or standard?:

Anything you want to add?: No.
Theme music?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQYaoiIFh8

The Burke Islands
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Burke Islands » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:49 pm

I’ll make a character tomorrow, but here’s my faction for now.

Name: the Kastathini (roughly “cast-out kinsmen” in English)
What is the nature of your group ( political, criminal, corporate, religious, rebel, etc. ): exiled Jarldom
Are you a legal organization?: no
How many full fledged and active members do you have ( nothing unreasonable ): 4,800
What are the goals of your group?: to someday reclaim their Nyrheimic territory
Headquarters location ( if any ): Nicosia, Cyprus
History: the Jarldom of Aldinjald (roughly “old home” in English) attempted to conquer the rest of Nyrheim, resulting in their exile by the combined forces of the Barnaeskic, Elrisveitic, Arisveitic, and Risnastalic Jarldoms.
Logo or standard?: (may be added later)
Anything you want to add?: 5 Kastathini have joined a vampire coven based in Syragos; the warriors in this group form an elite cadre of soldiers under Jarl Gulfric.
Theme music?: https://youtu.be/lP1mnRmpM7U
Last edited by The Burke Islands on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
❤️~Remember, no one will ever be able to hate you more than you already hate yourself~❤️

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:54 pm

Tag, not certain whether to take up that challenge of being a were-elephant, or a mage of sorts.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

AquilaJordyn
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby AquilaJordyn » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:38 pm

The Burke Islands wrote:I’ll make a character tomorrow, but here’s my faction for now.

What is the nature of your group ( political, criminal, corporate, religious, rebel, etc. ): exiled Jarldom
How many full fledged and active members do you have ( nothing unreasonable ): 4,800
History: the Jarldom of Aldinjald (roughly “old home” in English) attempted to conquer the rest of Nyrheim, resulting in their exile by the combined forces of the Barnaeskic, Elrisveitic, Arisveitic, and Risnastalic Jarldoms.
Anything you want to add?: 5 Kastathini have joined a vampire coven based in Syragos; the warriors in this group form an elite cadre of soldiers under Jarl Gulfric.

Faction accepted. Please make a character soon Bucky-chan.
Danceria wrote:Tag, not certain whether to take up that challenge of being a were-elephant, or a mage of sorts.

I'm sure either would be fun though you don't get to be a Were-elephant everyday. Of course, you don't get to be a mage everyday either...

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:50 pm

AquilaJordyn wrote:
The Burke Islands wrote:I’ll make a character tomorrow, but here’s my faction for now.

Faction accepted. Please make a character soon Bucky-chan.
Danceria wrote:Tag, not certain whether to take up that challenge of being a were-elephant, or a mage of sorts.

I'm sure either would be fun though you don't get to be a Were-elephant everyday. Of course, you don't get to be a mage everyday either...

Probably going to be an authentically Slavic Court Mage, probably in the Baselius's court to broker peace and trade between Byzantium and the wider world. He'll be a prankster, and quite knowledgeable in the Arcane arts, he and his son both.

Basically, there's gonna be this fuckhueg kingdom of Slavs banding together to form some sort of bastion against the Christians and (later) the Mongols. Kiev is probably the most prestigious arcane school post-Alexandria and Baghdad.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

The Burke Islands
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Burke Islands » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Name: Gulfric Tyrellson

Title Or Nickname(If Any): the Gentle

Appearance:

Occupation: the former Jarl of Aldinjald’s son, current leader of the Kastathini

Realm (Territory they control if any.): the island of Cyprus
Religion: Nordic Pagan

Are They A Magical Being (Vampire, Dragon, Were-Camel, Et cetera): no
Allegiance: the Kastathini

Skills: proficient in Glima, swordsmanship, horse-riding, sailing, and smithing

Bio: Born the eldest son of Jarl Tyrell Kristofferson, Gulfric Tyrellson the Gentle was groomed to eventually take the throne. Though skilled in the art of war, Gulfric was soft-hearted, and pacifistic, making him an unideal heir to the militaristic throne of Aldinjald, and so the title of heir was passed to his younger brother. When his father launched his campaign to conquer Nyrheim, Gulfric was placed in command of the army’s medical companies and rear guards. After the war started to turn sour for the Aldinjaldic, Gulfric pleaded with his father to seek peace, to no avail. After his father and brothers were executed and Aldinjald burned, Gulfric gathered his family and people and set sail for Syragos, hoping to find a new home for his people.

Anything you want to add?: he has expressed interest in converting to Christianity, but the events of the First Crusade have caused him to be mistrustful of the Church’s leaders.

Theme music?: https://youtu.be/--YJMxoTCz8
Last edited by The Burke Islands on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
❤️~Remember, no one will ever be able to hate you more than you already hate yourself~❤️

AquilaJordyn
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby AquilaJordyn » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:58 pm

The Burke Islands wrote:
Name: Gulfric Tyrellson

Title Or Nickname(If Any): the Gentle

Appearance:
(Image)

Occupation: the former Jarl of Aldinjald’s son, current leader of the Kastathini

Realm (Territory they control if any.): the island of Cyprus
Religion: Nordic Pagan

Are They A Magical Being (Vampire, Dragon, Were-Camel, Et cetera): no
Allegiance: the Kastathini

Skills: proficient in Glima, swordsmanship, horse-riding, sailing, and smithing

Bio: Born the eldest son of Jarl Tyrell Kristofferson, Gulfric Tyrellson the Gentle was groomed to eventually take the throne. Though skilled in the art of war, Gulfric was soft-hearted, and pacifistic, making him an unideal heir to the militaristic throne of Aldinjald, and so the title of heir was passed to his younger brother. When his father launched his campaign to conquer Nyrheim, Gulfric was placed in command of the army’s medical companies and rear guards. After the war started to turn sour for the Aldinjaldic, Gulfric pleaded with his father to seek peace, to no avail. After his father and brothers were executed and Aldinjald burned, Gulfric gathered his family and people and set sail for Syragos, hoping to find a new home for his people.

Anything you want to add?: he has expressed interest in converting to Christianity, but the events of the First Crusade have caused him to be mistrustful of the Church’s leaders.

Theme music?: https://youtu.be/--YJMxoTCz8

Character accepted.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse