NATION

PASSWORD

Simul News (Simul Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Erithaca
Envoy

Founded: Apr 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Simul News (Simul Only)

Postby Erithaca » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:50 am

Simul News Thread

Announcing the World's Events as They Happen

NOTE: All posts should be IC and well written.
Last edited by Erithaca on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Komshao
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Komshao » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:26 am

Prime Minister Zhuan facing challenges to leadership from LSDP colleagues
PM Zhuan pictured in February

Prime Minister Zhuan Feng (LSDP-YHE) has came under further leadership challenges from LSDP colleagues following his inability to rein in the opposition and left-wing of the party, the latter of which has been increasingly isolating towards the LSDP's coalition partners, the SDP. Secretary of Justice, Xian Luoyang (SDP-XGA) and Secretary of the Interior, Su Xieren (LSDP-SHZ), met last week to discuss his dismal performances in debates with the leader of the opposition, Hou Hanying (JP-BZG), and his inability to deal with the hard-left of the party, who account for up to a third of the party's sitting representatives in parliament. The hard-left have revolted numerous times over tax policy, labour rights and foreign policy, with most of the hard-left favouring higher taxes, increased economic regulations and a pacifistic and anti-globalisation oriented foreign policy, while the party's establishment supports keeping taxes at current rates, keeping the current regulations in place, and an internationalist foreign policy with room for foreign intervention open.

The revolts of the hard-left have troubled the Zhuan administration, which has had to compromise many times with both the hard left and the Justice Party to pass legislation. Many leftist online commentators have scathingly referred to the Zhuan government as the "1st Hou government" as a result of this. In response, Zhuan has criticised the left for refusing to compromise themselves, calling them arrogant and blaming them for the need to compromise with the Justice Party. Secretary Su has called for the slow deselection of the hard-left, a move which Zhuan has reportedly been wary of making, fearing a total exodus of the hard-left, with a third party vying for the left of center vote surely being a nail in the coffin for the LSDP when it comes to unsafe constituencies, virtually guaranteeing an election loss. Inside sources have reported that a small clique of moderates within the party are looking to oust Prime Minister Zhuan if he is unable to deal with the hard-left prior to late September's candidate selection deadline for the 2014 election in December.
Republic of Komshao
RP Puppet of the Federal Republic of Eglaecia

Dus Osts
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dus Osts » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:07 pm

-
Last edited by Dus Osts on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T H E U N I T E D P R O V I N C E S of D U S O S T S and A S S O C I A T E D--P U P P E T S

A Staff Writer for NationStates Today

Erithaca
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Erithaca » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:58 am

retconned for excessive communism
Last edited by Erithaca on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dus Osts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dus Osts » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:57 am

-
Last edited by Dus Osts on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T H E U N I T E D P R O V I N C E S of D U S O S T S and A S S O C I A T E D--P U P P E T S

Komshao
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Komshao » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:52 pm

Former President Qiao Ru dies at 89
President Qiao Ru pictured in 2004

He was the man who transformed Komshao from a right-wing illiberal democracy under the Aiguo, to a modern liberal democracy within the space of just 8 years. After two narrow elections in the 1970s, his eventual vice-president, Wen Yang, asked Qiao to run as the LSDP candidate against Aiguo leader and incumbent president Liao Yuhan. With moderate right-wing candidate Song Xinyi splitting the right-wing vote, Qiao was able to unify the left and center, and won a resounding 57.4% victory in the first round, an unprecedented landslide in Komese politics. For many older Komese today, Qiao is the man that laid the groundwork for all of modern Komese politics, and his death has sent shockwaves throughout the country. In his hometown of Xiasanwei in Beiguhe, tens of thousands of mourners gathered to pay tribute at Qiao Ru Democracy Square, and an estimated 1.2 million people have paid respects in large gatherings across Shizui, Bazigou and Gujiazi.

Qiao Ru was born in March 1929 in Xiasanwei, Beiguhe, to Qiao Zan, a local official, and Tang Xinyue. When civil war broke out in 1933, Xiasanwei became a hotly contested site, with Qiao Zan becoming a leading official in the Beiguhe Volunteers of the FKA. The political divide in Xiasanwei meant that Ru and his family had to flee to the town of Goucun, 13km to the east of the city. When the '35 offensive began, Zan had effectively became leader of the Beiguhe Volunteers, and used Goucun as a launching point for the offensive. Xiasanwei fell, and Qiao Zan became the first governor of Beiguhe. With a lot of connections, Ru was able to get good education, but the political status of his father was an issue, and when Zan was assassinated by ex-KPR soldiers, Ru had to flee north with his mother. At the age of 18, Ru moved to Bazigou to study politics and law, right as recession began. When Ru obtained his degrees in both in 1952, the Patriotic Party - Aiguo, took power and began their 28 year reign of illiberal authoritarianism.

Ru was immediately opposed to the Aiguo, but over the next 12 years witnessed the the collapse of the short-lived Komese democracy. Ru, active in local politics with the Social Republican Party, left to form the Liberal Social Democratic Party with Wen Yang, Deng Zhenya and Ye Guanyu, and in 1972 they achieved national fame, ousting the Aiguo from power in Beiguhe. The same year, Wen Yang won 39% of the vote in the presidential election, the most of any opposition candidate since 1952. Wen expanded on that in 1976, winning 42%, but it wasn't enough, and Wen, now 68, retired from national politics, and asked Ru to run in his place. The Qiao '80 campaign was energetic and idealistic, and it won. Qiao Ru ousted the Aiguo, and the LSDP won a majority in Parliament, and an additional 3 seats from the centrist Democratic Party. Working with the Social Republicans, the Democrats and the Justice Party, the LSDP was able to institute pro-democracy reforms over the next 8 years, spearheaded by Qiao's platform - the Initiative for Democracy.

The Initiative was well received by the general populace, and Qiao put forward numerous reforms. The 80 constituency limit meant that parties could only contest 80 seats, though this was later upgraded to 95 in 1992. Qiao also decriminalised homosexuality, loosened abortion restrictions and introduced the Humanity Act, protecting freedom of speech, assembly, religion, the right to own property and the right to possess firearms. Qiao's most famous reforms was the Party-State Separation Act, which banned political parties from using state media and funding to promote the governing party. It's widely regarded that state-funding was what allowed the Patriotic Party to stay in power for so long.

Qiao left office in 1988 with an approval rating of 73%, and left politics all together with his 2nd term ending. In his farewell address, President Qiao thanked the Komese people, on both the left and right, for standing up for democracy with him, and thanked them for accepting the democratic vote when he was elected. His closing two sentences have became famous in Komshao: "Democracy has prevailed over tyranny, the people have prevailed over the elites, and the pen has prevailed over the sword. I can now live at peace, with my people finally free, and die, untroubled beneath the sky." The Qiao Ru Institute for Liberal Democracy has issued a statement written by his wife and children, confirming his death and thanking everybody around the world for sending them their condolences.
Republic of Komshao

Dus Osts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dus Osts » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:34 pm

Prime Minister White is to Attend the Qiao Ru Memorial

A leaked schedule showed the Prime Minister White is going to make room in his schedule to attend the funeral of the beloved leader of Komshao. PM also ordered all Dus Osti flags to be lowered and replaced with Komese flags at half mast. When asked about the leaked schedule, PM White confirmed it.

"If the Ru family allows me, I would happily make time in my schedule anywhere to attend the memorial of one of the greatest leaders of our era. My family's thoughts and prayers are with the family of Qiao Ru and I imagine those of the Dus Osti people are too."

Some criticized PM White's decision. Mayor of Kolmainsus, Nikita Reschulev, tweeted the following.

"Prime Minister White should stay out of this matter! I don't care if some old fart died. We need to keep to ourselves. It is no help to our foreign policies that we are inviting ourselves to other people's funerals!"

Upon this outburst, Nikita Reschulev was removed from his mayoral position. His Vice-Mayor took a stand against him as well.

"I am aware that not many people know who I am, I am the one who worked for Nikita behind the scenes. What he did was uncalled for, Kolmainsus sends its sincerest apologies to Komshao for the incident. I am aware that I will be serving the rest of Mr. Reschulev's term. I will be running for mayor then, this is beside the point. If the Ru family decides so, the governors of the four main provinces and myself, would love to attend the memorial service with our Prime Minister."

Flomeran States
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Flomeran States » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:21 pm

Primus Gallitio to Attend Qiao Funeral

The Primus of the Flomeran States, Cenza Gallitio, confirmed Monday that he plans to attend the funeral of former Komese President Qiao Ru, who died yesterday at 89. Qiao had been widely hailed for his work broadening democratic freedoms and combating corruption in Komshao. In a statement, Primus Gallitio said,
President Qiao was a great man who bravely fought for democracy in his homeland. His legacy will live on through his words and actions, and how they continue to inspire us to fight for liberty in the future. It is my honor to attend this memorial ceremony."

Dus Osts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dus Osts » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:08 pm

-
Last edited by Dus Osts on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyarbuha
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

President Approves Seat Belt Bill with National Assembly

Postby Tyarbuha » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:13 pm

President Hidodnirda Senaupo has agreed with activists pushing for more safety for passengers of cars that seat belts must be mandatory for children under 18.

Prior to recently, children have been allowed to ride cars without seat belts as there were few car drivers and little accidents. In the past year, car accdents have risen, and there have been cases of children dying because of this, kids who didn't have seat belts. The growing community of "safe life activists" as they call themselves, have created a full on movement to illegalize kids not using seat belts, and to impose fines on guardians who don't make sure the kids have seat belts. After two weeks of conversation on this, the president put the official bill in place with the help of influential activist Tuhampe Sawaren. It was successfully passed ad discussed with the top media journalists in Hiodemay last evening.

Dus Osts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dus Osts » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:10 pm

-
Last edited by Dus Osts on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Komshao
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Komshao » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:00 am

PM Zhuan announces 2040 Initiative programs to begin
PM Zhuan pictured in February at 2040 Initiative meeting

Prime Minister Zhuan has announced that after a decade of bipartisan operations to gather funds for the 2040 Initiative, the project is set to begin. The 2040 Initiative was first thought of in the mid 2000s by President Chang Guanting, who assumed the position of Prime Minister following his term in office. Prime Minister Chang worked with the LSDP and SDP to devise a decade long operation to gather funds for a massive development project, that finally concluded in March. Through tax increases, spending cuts, privatisation and asset sales (and seizures), a total of $380 Billion USD has been accumulated with the aim of bankrolling development projects to increase economic output and the standard of living. Most development is to be focused on Xeigao, Beiguhe,Yihe and Laga, with those four Quyu expected to receive around $200 Billion.

Xuegao has been the focus of many western news reports on the project, with plans to create a megaport outside of Huyangbei already beginning at the start of the year. In February, PM Zhuan gave permission for land to start being cleared, and construction on the port began in July. The full project however will begin next Monday, with construction teams working from a $32.5 billion budget to modernise schools, hospitals, roads and tram networks in the south of the country. By mid 2019, most of these projects will be well underway, and another $36.4 billion will go towards similar efforts in Shugen Xifang, Wapenyao, Shugendong, Yihe and Nongkou.

Xuegao will receive a massive $25.9 Billion towards development of the Huyangbei Xiandai Port in cooperation with Xiandai Group ($4.2 billion), with the remainder going towards investment projects spearheaded by the Xuegao Investment Group, including the construction of new roads, railways, residential areas, and large subsidies towards local businesses to encourage economic growth in the Quyu's private sector. The remaining $285 billion will go towards public works contracts, business subsidies, the creation of a new, high speed rail network, rural development, subsidisation of internet access, and many other projects. Polling suggests that between 65% and 72% of Komese voters with a lot of knowledge, knowledge, or some knowledge, on the project supports it. The 2040 Initiative's construction projects are scheduled to be completed by mid 2038.
Republic of Komshao

Erithaca
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Erithaca » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:40 pm

E R I T H A C A I N T E R N A T I O N A L

Chancellor makes Controversial Comments on Christians

The Chancellor of Erithaca is one of the most important political figures, in charge of monitoring all government activity in Erithaca and producing regular reports for the King. As well as the King, the Chancellor is supposed to be a neutral and impartial figure.

A tape of a conversation between Akon Sfap and lower Chancellery officials has been leaked to various newspapers around Erithaca. It revealed what some say to be an anti-Christian prejudice in the Chancellor. Critics have described his language as "hateful" and "a disruption to national harmony".

In the 3-minute tape, the Chancellor is seen at an official meeting between him and some of his deputies. The conversation quickly turns from official discussion to a rant by the Chancellor. He describes Christians in Erithaca as "****** idiots", who "shouldn't be allowed to fit in with our society". The Chancellor has had a history of slightly controversial views, but managed to win the approval of the King and public.

Sfap has not yet responded, but is expected to do so soon. The Royal Office of King Yohan has also said that no speedy action will be taken, but that the allegations are being taken extremely seriously. King Yohan has affirmed his view that Christians are an equal part of Erithaca and that "society must not be divided in this way".

Dus Osts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dus Osts » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:01 pm

Missionaries in Erithaca are in Hiding
After the hateful comments from the Chancellor of Erithaca, all seven leaders of Dus Osts have had their own comments.

Chairman of the House of Electors: Bernard Johnson
"I must say, what we see here is a moral travesty, though I don't think there is much we can do, my prayers are with our missionaries in Erithaca, and all over the world. Hopefully this doesn't get out of hand."

Curator of Records: Gloria Sparder
"As the curator of records, I spend every passing day reading history and filing it away. My job is to know every aspect of the history of Dus Osts. I hope Chancellor Sfap will hear me when I say, denouncing religion has never worked out! In 1943, the now defunct nation of Tresos, was in civil turmoil for five months! What happened? The governor of a province let rats into a church as a publicity stunt, Dus Osti missionaries closed all the churches and left. About 4,000 Christian refugees returned to Dus Osts with them!"

Speaker of the Treasury: Hans Lange Jr.
"My grandfather was the first Prime Minister of Dus Osts, he was there during the Tresos incident. I didn't know him well but my father did, and boy oh boy! The way Hans Sr. felt about that problem! He had 4,00 people and nowhere to send them. That is why we adopted those northern territories!"

Speaker of Public Services: Maria Green
"From the viewpoint of bettering Erithaca and helping the Chancellor (These things don't go together often), he must recant what he said!"

Speaker of Defense: Dmitri Mann
"If this gets out of hand, our boys will be in Erithaca with a fleet of choppers the moment we hear about it. Chancellor, your move."

Vice Minister: Jugen Kraus Sr.
"It would be for the good of everyone that this is handled diplomatically, Mrs. Sparder and I plan to have a meeting with the King in order to get this sorted out. I hope that Erithaca can build past this."

Prime Minister: E.T. White
"I've led this country for 14 years and I've learned that diplomacy is the most important thing. I also know that Christianity is more important than any of these countries. For that reason, I will be making a donation 150,000 Gelders towards the Foundation for Erithacan Christians (FFEC). Also, I will be sending undercover guards to ensure the safety of every Christian in that backwards regime." He looks at the camera, "Benen, Sfap, Peros, Yohan, don't make this an issue."

Outrage is abundant, everyone in Dus Osts is angry over the situation in Erithaca, families are buying plane tickets for loved ones in the country. What the Chancellor has done appears to the populace of Dus Osts as an aggressive move.

DDNH-Stories from your perspective not ours

Komshao
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Komshao » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:20 am

Monday's Headlines

• Komese Times | FINAL RESULTS IN: SDP WIN ELECTION
  • English News | Populist SDP carry election by 1 seat
  • The Economist | Markets remain stable following SDP victory
  • The Weekly | Two Party System DEAD: SDP Beat out Justice Party
  • The National Paper | Feng Xue to become next PM
  • Monday Post | Exclusive Interview with next PM Feng Xue
  • Capital Paper | SDP carry 50%+ of Gujiazi
  • The Commuter | 48% of Commuter readers backed SDP
Republic of Komshao

Dus Osts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dus Osts » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:30 pm

The Dus Osti Weekly News

Headlines
Citizens Call for More Aggression Towards Erithaca
PM White Repeals Seat belt Law for Adults
Riots in Warding Intensify
D.O. Music Industry Floundering
Vogelßen Judge Declares Abortion Legal, Impeached
Police Brutality in Sackarian Territories?

Kolmainsus Happenings
PM White Counts Down Dus Osts's Fourth Launch this Year, Declares "The New Age of the Space Race"
Approval Ratings for White His an All-Time Low of 52%
Chairman of the H. of Electors, Bernard Johnson, Accused of Harassment

DDNH-Stories From Your Perspective, Not Ours
Last edited by Dus Osts on Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erithaca
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Erithaca » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:40 am

King Yohan intervenes with Chancellor, calms Dus Osts

Following Chancellor Sfap's recent comments on Christians, many around the world have been shocked by his distaste for a significant religious group. Many Erithacan politicians have voiced their discontent, but none have been more shocked than the politicians of the majority Christian nation of Dus Osts. Their response has been described as "explosive", "out of hand" by others. However, other figures from the nation have been more diplomatic. Many have felt that it is time for the King to intervene, now that many Dus Ostis are leaving the nation and guards have been seen around churches. This morning, King Yohan released an official statement on the issues, apologising and offering dialogue, but warning of excessive language.

First of all, I greatly apologise for the offence caused by my Chancellor. I, and the rest of Erithaca, mean no harm to the people of Dus Osts or the Christians of our nation. I apologise for any disturbance caused by this. Chancellor Akon Sfap has recanted his comments and apologised himself. I will be placing him under watch: I will be reviewing his public statements and official decisions and have officially reproached him. However, I want to make one thing clear to all people: there is nothing to fear from Erithaca. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to fear persecution or repression in Erithaca, which is an open country. As a Christian, you have no reason to leave your home because of what were simply inappropriate comments, but not a threat. Remember that the Chancellor has no power over these things: he is the head of the national regulatory body.

I am glad at the offers of diplomatic talks from Mr. Kraus and Mrs. Sparder and will happily take them up. We are glad to send our foreign minister or President to Dus Osts to meet them. This will be an opportunity for us to set things straight, possibly even before Akon Sfap's official apology and reproach from me. Indeed, we can build past this. On the other hand, the language of your Speaker of Defence is out of hand. We cannot be rightly accused of threatening your people if we are to be threatened with invasion! Please, calm your language. Once again, I would like to reiterate my apology. Thank you for your time.
Last edited by Erithaca on Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dus Osts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dus Osts » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:26 pm

VM Jugen Kraus Calls Out Dmitri Mann
Following comments that seemed to call for violence, Dmitri Mann has received a reprimand. He issues no comment on the situation.

The Vice Minister offered his time.
"Dmitri Mann is quite unstable in his old age. I hope that Erithaca was not put off by the threats. The PM and I would like to go forward with an international convention in order to restore unity."

PM White Confirms Plans to Conquest in the Occidentia Tribal Reserve
"The land that these natives are on is valuable. It is rich for agriculture, there is plenty of timber, and previous mining operations have found countless resources. Most importantly, we have found oil in the inland parts of the reserve. These natives number less than 50,000 and take up about the same area as Dus Osts which has 36,000,000 people. Our plan is to relocate any natives we find to the more fertile ocean areas while we look for oil inland."

PM White confirms that they will look for investors at the international convention, which is to be held in Kolmainsus.

Erithaca
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Erithaca » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:49 am

International Conference

Erithaca is about to experience something that has been rare in its history. Diplomatic relations are usually kept quiet by the Erithacan government, which is often very internally-focused and regularly declines to intervene in international affairs. However, the invitation from Dus Osts' Jugen Kraus for a diplomatic conference was happily accepted by the President. He called the offer from yesterday "a great way for us to progress" and "an example of safely-handled diplomacy". The international conference will take place in Kolmansius, the capital of Dus Osts. Other nations are also invited to participate. The President and members of the Secretariat are expected to attend, but the King may attend as well, depending on his other engagements. The conference will also be an opportunity for investment from Dus Osts, which would provide a much-needed economic boost. The move has been applauded by the public in Erithaca and will probably be viewed as an opening up of diplomatic relations.

Dus Osts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dus Osts » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:38 pm

Take a look inside the International Conference!

On November 1, PM White announced that the International Conference would be open for three day from November 9 to 11. He stated that in order to enter, you must be a taxpayer in your nation, you must have no record of violent crimes, and you must be on no crime or terrorist watch lists. Admission will be 300 gelders a person and 100 for government workers. We were granted a tour of the venue though no pictures or video were allowed.

You enter through three sets of revolving doors to be greeted by a grand entrance. You present your ticket which will assign you to a seat. You are directed to an auditorium where the leaders of all the countries present will take questions from the audience. After the two hour event, you may go to view the exhibits. On the first floor, Dus Osts, the host nation, has a center for their scientific advancements. Go up one of the 100 sq. ft elevators to the second floor where you find more in-depth scientific exhibits. The floor space is cut into spaces for each country. Level three shows the advancements of nations in technology, categorized by nation. Level four houses each country's military exhibits and a ticket counter for demonstrations (more on that later). On Level five, each nation may use exhibit space for whatever they desire, the area was named "The Wild Card Room". There is restricted access to floor six, where officials engage in discussion.

In the 100,000 sq. ft. basement, there are firing ranges, weapons exhibits, and much more to showcase how the weapons are used, also, there is a walk-through history section that describes the histories of all the nations as a whole. Outside, there are state-of-the-art testing facilities for everything for car safety equipment to bombs, firefighter drills, military demonstrations, and police demonstrations.

All in all, the first annual International Conference will truly be a thing for the history books. PM White started the tradition of selecting the next host country. He tells us that Tyarbuha will be selected for the second International Conference.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates