NATION

PASSWORD

Flames in Zaferlani [OPEN/IC/INTEREST/MT ONLY]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Vymar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Flames in Zaferlani [OPEN/IC/INTEREST/MT ONLY]

Postby Vymar » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Flames In Zaferlani

OOC

Current Situation in Zaferlani

Fort Ymir Military Base, 10 miles away from Alfredstate

Colonel Shaun Popek checked his watch as his soldiers began mounting on the last train to the town of Xsasna. The loading of troops towards the town was moving faster than expected, but he always preferred to be more early than late. From the town of Xsasna, the troops would unload, crew up into their assigned vehicles and cross the border into Zaferlani to aid the Separatist cause. The men upon the train were some of the roughest of the Vymarian military, they were the Volunteers of the Volunteers. They were members of the NVVC, The National Vymarian Volunteer Corps. It was a highly militarized military corporation nationalized by the government back in 1990, but was given special privileges compared to all the other Military Corporations that were simply squashed without a second thought. The NVVC was a tool for the Vymarian Government, and the men who signed up were not ignorant towards that fact. While the NVVC was not a very political group, it was known to be filled with Vymarian Nationalists that were Communist hard-liners from the Northern most tip of Vymar. Men from the Northern most tip of Vymar were very simple. If you point their gun in the direction, they would fire no matter the political affiliation. If they weren't Vymarian, it was of no concern. The others were Zafernians that were second generation Vymarians from the Zaferlani refugee crisis of the 1980s that sought to bring a happier life to those who lived in the Separatist borders. They knew the terrain, they knew the countryside, but the nation had only devolved into a worse state since their parents escaped in the hope of starting a newer, better life in Vymar. Popek however, was not a hard-liner communist, nor was he Zafernian. He was of the main Vymion ethnic group of Vymar and was even a member of The Freedom Party. However, Popek was a Veteran of the Vymarian Civil War, and as he was reaching his mid 50s, he wanted one more tour before his drew his fighting days to a close. As he watched the last man board the train, he climbed on himself, swiftly skipping over the gap between the Train and the concrete slabs that hung 10 feet off the ground.

As he entered, the formerly loud train came quiet as he arrived on board. Any soldier that was standing up now sat down with rifle at their side. There was a strong respect for Popek, and he sought to make a speech thanking the men he had fought with for the past 10 years. An officer passed him a microphone which connected to the train's loud speakers. The Microphone was boxy in shape, with ridges along the flat side that faced Popek. "Look, I know that we're going headfirst into a conflict that may be the first for some of you, but we must remember why we are here. None of us are part of a division where we don't decide where we are deployed. We all signed up for this mission ourselves. And we should intend to see it out..." He adjusted himself, becoming fulling erect, showing his tall stature to its full extent. "I have fought for this nation for 33 Years. I do not expect this to be the last fight for the lot of you. In fact, I expect that most of you are to return home after achieving complete and utter victory, and fully capable of going into another conflict if the need be. For those of you who've known me, this will be my final trip. Not because I plan on dying on foreign land, but simply because it seems like a good note to end on". The men upon the train shifted around. The news of their beloved Colonel was a downer yes. However the fact it would be a momentous occasion for him made the men and women upon the train rattle their guns and hoot in admiration. They were all prepared to give the Colonel their all. To fail would not only mean to fail Vymar, but to fail the man they all looked forward to. One man rose his fist and screamed defiantly "Long Live Vymar!" and was soon joined by more soldiers on the train until the entire car in front of Popek had rose their fists and stared upon him with a look similar to what a child would give to a parent after the parent retrieved some important toy from an unreachable desk. Popek was now raising his fist in response and gave out the same shout as they all did.

As the train began moving, the morale of the soldiers there gained momentum just like the train did as it accelerated down the tracks. It would soon be time for the soldiers upon the train to learn if they could keep up this morale while they fought in makeshift trenches built by militias while Yvloist extremists would swarm them and burn them alive if need be. The distinction between bravery and naivety would soon be distinguished with the first gun shots they received.

These soldiers were a part of a larger operation to intervene in the Zaferlani nation. It had become clear to many politicians that the situation had far more than spun out of control. While no one would ever dare to declare support for the Zasath, it was seen by many that Vymarian intervention, especially in the face of possible ethnic cleansing by the Yvloist faction, was inevitable. By supporting separatists unofficially Vymar could shift attention on the separatists and allow the Zasath Government to deal with the rebel factions and hopefully bring stability to the region. If on the off chance there was spill over, Vymarian military assets were slowly moving towards the border and the Separatists were to become an annexed part of Vymar once the Zasath government came in contact with it. While it was well known to the Vymarian Senate that it would cause friction between Vymar and Zaferlani, the public outrage given by the Zafernian minority in Vymar would be less preferable than an angry dictator sitting upon a throne of sand.
The United Federal Republic of Vymar
Proud Owner of Realpolitik Armaments and The Ballero Group!
Proud Founding Member of the Commonwealth of Free Nations
Proud Member of OSAN
I'm part of the Estaria Region, are you?

Svitka
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Svitka » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:59 pm

Gredovia, Svitka
It was a cool morning in Svitka when the president's aid came into the office, giving his morning updates to the president who sat in his executive office in the Green House executive residence. Eventually, the Zaferlani Crisis was mentioned, which captured the attention of president Glidsit. Although far away from Svitka, Vymar and her neighboring country of Zaferlani have struggled with ethnic and religious conflict for thousands of years. While Svitka is a stranger to such conflicts, the crisis presents a grand opportunity for Svitka. If Svitka could successfully unify moderate the Zafernian minorities against Zafelani domination and Vymaran incorporation, Svitka could create a new ethnic nation-state, which would be under significant influence from the Svitkan government. Svitkan power projecting across the globe, president Glidsit was basking in his thoughts of grandeur and glory. With this in mind, he crafted a communique to the Vymar government:

Official Communique to the Government of Vymar
From the Office of the Svitkan President

Greetings to the highest order,

I hope this message reaches you in the quickest of times. We in Svitka have been monitoring this situation in Zaferlani and have seen the tide boil over. This crisis has the power to topple even the soundest of states and the most orderly of governance. Not only complete anarchy, but religious extremism and insurrectionist groups deeply threaten the existence of Zaferlanis, Zafernians, and Vymarans alike. Situations like this are a perfect environment to spawn the worst of genocide, ethnic conflict, and total warfare.

With your permission, we wish to aid you in this crisis by providing military and espionage support for the Zafernians, allowing them to unify under one banner-the zafernian banner, where they can decide their future as a people rather than have it decided by an overbearing or government. With this assistance, we also wish to assist Vymar in peacekeeping and regional stability operations to prevent an ethnic genocide.

In doing so, we formally request to station military forces in Vymar temporarily to allow our forces to set up shop in the troubled country of Zaferlani. We hope to hear from you soon.

Huvadhu
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Huvadhu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:28 pm

HITHADHOO
ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF HUVADHU

Lieutenant Khateeb, Huvadhu Crisis Response Command
11 Dhuʻl-Hijjah 1439 - Islamic Calendar

“You will not attain righteousness till you spend in charity of the things you love.”
——— The Holy Qur’an, Chapter 3, verse 92.

"Sir, I have urgent news!" Bellowed a suited official wearing a thakiha prayer cap as he pushed open the doors into the office of President Ibrahim Moosa Ali Thakurufan, the head of government and state of the Islamic Republic of Huvadhu.

The room was small, the ornate opaque wooden flooring lined with bookcases and an exquisitely designed Persian rug, definitely of some value. The official's eyes darted from the empty desk and chair where a nameplate etched with the words 'PRESIDENT THAKURUFAN' stood to the Persian rug on the floor, where a man wearing a black-and-white checkered neriyathu that covered his waist and a simple white cotton shirt sat on the floor. In front of him was the Qur'an, with the holy book placed cleanly on the Qur'an holder.

"އައްސަލާމު ޢަލައިކުމް," Muttered the man on the floor.

"ހާލު ކިހިނެހް؟, I'm sorry for being rude Mr. Thakurufan, but this is an urgent matter."

"Well, if it's really urgent then let us get straight to the point. What is the issue, my friend?"

Almost immediately, the offical placed a heavy file in his hands containing a number of news reports and other documents regarding an incident on the Zaferlani-Vymarian border. The Zaferlani- a people who have long suffered ethnic and religious conflict with their neighbors for thousands of years were now in crisis. The Vymarians were entering their borders while the entire country was devolving into absolute chaos.

Such ethnoreligious wars and conflicts was a foreign concept to Huvadhis- for thousands of years Huvadhis have been a Dravidian people and fiercely religious Muslims and have lived in peaced for hundreds of years with their neighbours.

This did not mean, however, that Huvadhu could not attempt to stop such conflict on the global stage. The Islamic Republic was founded just several years ago with peace and democracy being one of the largest pillars of its success. Ever since President Thakurufan took power just several months prior, Huvadhu had been going on a path of increasing its relevancy on the global stage. With the creation of the Huvadhi Crisis Response Command, Huvadhi medical teams had been engaged in humanitarian missions over the globe under the World Assembly or the Red Crescent.

Now, as the smallest member state of the Organization of Strategically Aligned Nations, it was the goal of the Islamic Republic to show itself as a propogator of world peace, on its own- not under the hands of any large humanitarian organization.

"Now, why are you showing this to me…?"

"Sir, it would be extremely beneficial for our image if we provide humanitarian support to the Vymarians."

"I am aware of that, although you do realise that despite the fact that I can authorise the force to deploy overseas I believe we will need the approval of the Parliment, this week, after all, is the Eid ul-Adha holiday. I doubt we can get a response until next week or so."

"Yes, sir. I am aware- but can an exception not be made? I’m sure that you’re aware too that the other members of Parliment aren’t exactly on board with your mission to make Huvadhu more relevant on the global stage- they think it’s a waste of Huvadhi lives! Our proposal will get sho-“

”Agh, fine. Contact Salih and get his department to shoot a message over to the Vymarians requesting if we can tag along with them and provide medical support for their troops. Inform the Command too- we need them ready at a few hours notice if we’re really going to deploy them overseas.”

”Yes, sir. I’ll get right to it.”

”Y-you want me to do what? Rahmaan, we may be an overseas deployment aid team but we have not worked as an independent entity in a conflict zone for god knows how long. I will ready the team, but no promises. We need time to plan for such a mission, you can’t thrust us into a foreign conflict and expect us to do something productive."

Lieutenant Eedugaluge Hussein Moosa Khatheeb sighed and placed his old Nokia cellphone back into the pocket of his olive-green uniform with splatters of a number of different colours as part of the camouflage’s colour scheme.

He stood at the balcony of the second floor of the small aid base in Colombo, Sri Lanka. With Huvadhu itself too small to support an airport where humanitarian aid workers could come and go, the Huvadhi humanitarian aid team and their military guards were based in a former school not far from Colombo’s airport.

The Lieutenant fished a cigarette out from the pocket of his uniform pants and set it alight with a ornately engraved lighter. After his short break, he quickly called all the officers under his command from the three units part of the Huvadhi Crisis Aid Command’s organisational structure.

At once, he quickly briefed them of Hithadthoo’s plans for them. They were far from being prepared for such an overseas mission so fast after they were just deployed to Somalia, but alas who would dare to disobey the orders of President Thakurfan?

To: Ministry of Foriegn Affars or equivalent of Zaferlani
From: Ministry is Foreign Affairs; Islamic Republic of Huvadhu
Subject: Huvadhi assistance to the government of Zaferlani

Greetings,

The Islamic Republic of Huvadhu has monitored the events unfolding in Zaferlani and Vymar for some time. With the outbreak of conflict in the region, it is in our interests that a stable, strong government like the Zaferlanian government return stability and safety back to Zaferlani to reduce the amount of civilian lives lost in this conflict.

We are extremely concerned about the radical separatists and the Vymarians threat, the communists and fanatical religious extremists in Zaferlani. The Islamic Republic believes that these three main groups need to be eliminated to ensure that Zaferlani can return to being stable and safe for the people of Zaferlani to reside in. After all, a larger Zaferlani refugee crisis could be harmful for the regional economy.

We would like to propose the idea of the Huvadhi Islamic Security Force’s Crisis Aid Command deploying a 45-man medical team to Zaferlani to provide medical assistance to Vymarian troops a to help the fight against the extremists, communists and the separatists. If possible, our team could fly in to the airport east of Altda and head down south to assist medically and even militarily against the fanatics- we hope our mortars can be of assistance in the event we encounter any military opposition.

All in all, we hope that the Zaferlani government can effectively return stability back to Zaferlani and hope that our proposal can be accepted such that Huvadhi troops can try to aid the the Zaferlani government as much as possible in your endeavours.

Signed,
Muhammad Shamsudeen Iskandar
Minister of Foreign Affairs
‎ސުލްޠާން މުޙައްމަދު ޝަމްސުއްދީން
Last edited by Huvadhu on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Islamic Republic of Huvadhu
“ޤައުމީ މިއެކުވެރިކަން މަތީ ތިބެގެން ކުރީމެ ސަލާމް”
A tiny separatist Islamic republic in the southern Maldives.
In-Character Information:
Capital: Hithadhoo
Area: 0.012km2
Population: 6,012 people
President: Ibrahim Moosa Ali Thakurufan

Ultramarine
Envoy

Founded: Jun 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultramarine » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:47 am

Ultramarine City
The Royal Palace

The corridor was long and bland. It had very little of decoration in it and the plain white marble was covered with a simple red carpet. Prime Minister Jack Smith thought very little of the palaces new look the whole building having been made to look very similar to this one corridor, bland. He knew that the new King had strange religious practices and knew that he and his father had never seen eye to eye, especially on the situations developing with parliament. But, within a week he had stripped the palace of anything his father had commissioned and left it bland and plain to suit his 'religious' tastes. The corridor, finally, ended and Jack pulled himself to his full height and knocked on the large door in front of him. "Enter." Came a voice from the other side. Jack adjusted the folder under his arm and pushed the door open.

Inside the Kings office it was slightly less bland and plain. The walls carried photos and paintings of previous rulers of the nation and even a large painting of Christ on the Cross decorated a large wall behind the desk at which sat the small frame of King James II. The young man was only 18 and had only been on the throne a week but already he was gaining the nickname James the inactive. Jack walked the length of the room before snapping to ramrod attention in front of the Kings desk. "My lord." He said snapping a short salute hand to chest before snapping it back to his side. "What is it Prime Minister?" King James asked looking up at the tall man in front of him. "The daily report my lord I came to deliver it personally." Jack said as he looked around the chairs that had once been there were now gone it seemed. "Let me see." King James replied taking the folder from Jack and rifling through it. "More and more on the situation in parliament it seems...oh! What's this?" The king pulled out an intercepted news report from Vymar. "Ah a civil war! Now this sounds like fun. What's the situation there?" James asked. Jack smiled knowing he had placed the news article correctly. "Four way civil war my lord. The Government controls most the country with communists in the south alongside Separatists and another faction."
"Do we trade with this nation?" King James asked looking interested as he heard the report.
"A small amount of goods and aid have gone to the standing government previously but nothing of note. Sire if i may this may be a grand chance to tackle the communist threat that is slowly beginning to appear in Estaria. Allow me to deploy our forces and I could see them crushed within a week." Jack smiled at the young King.
"No." King James answered making Jacks smile sag. "Deploy the Blue Berets first, we will train and assist through our Special Forces, if the situation degrades then you may deploy the troops Prime Minister. Now be gone to your work." The king turned his chair to look out a window at the Capital through it. "Yes Sire." Jack Smith answered then turned and left the room.

Blue Berets Command Delta

The seventeen men and women of the Blue Berets Command Delta sat in their bunk room smoking, chatting, playing cards and generally relaxing. It had been a hard three weeks for them having just come off training rotation and first action status to come off their backs in an hour. It was then the door opened and Colonel Levy walked in, "Command Delta, ten-hut!" Called the Colonel. The room immediately stood to attention, "Sorry to do this to you Delta, but orders just come in, you're heading out to Zaferlani. Seems the government may need some help down there. Get your gear and be ready to deploy within the hour. Sorry guys and gals." With that Colonel Levy turned and left the room. "Well shit." Swore one trooper from the back of the room as he threw his cards down.

Code: Select all
         To: The Legitimate Government of Zaferlani
         Subject: Support and aid

To whomever it may concern,

We in the United Kingdom of Ultramarine are willing to support you in your fight against these Communists and rebels. To aid in this we are willing to send economic aid and also troops. To begin this show of support we have activated troops of our Blue Berets special forces unit. These units are ready to deploy upon approval of their arrival in your fine country to train and assist in anyway they can.

Hoping you are well,

Prime Minister Jack Smith
Last edited by Ultramarine on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stojam
Minister

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Stojam » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:48 am

Sytra, Zaferlani
Popeknya Olivexa was sitting in his desk. He remembered the old goldmine incident that sparked in recent times, he knew that in order to win the hearts and minds of the Zaferlani people, he had to make changes. He needed to weed out the corruption and actually please the people. First he decided to make some propaganda, he called in his most loyal advisor. "Tell the Ministry of Interior to make some propaganda! Slamming our enemies, the Commies going to ruin our country with their crazy policies, the Separatists are Vymarian satellite states controlled by our Imperialist neighbor and the Yvlovists are nothing but lunatics and must be destroyed, those are general concepts of the new propaganda signs, this is how we are going to win this war, back up those claims with any evidence you can get and I don't care how." He barked at his officer, the officer then replied with "Yes sir!" and then presented him a letter and ran off. Popeknya looked at the letter. It was a letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Huvadhu.
He called in another officer and asked him to deliver it to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs so they can make a letter.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs then issues a letter to the senders of the letter.

To: Ministry Of Foreign Affairs; Islamic Republic of Huvadhu
Subject: Response to Huvadhi Assistance

Greetings,
We have received your letter and we completely agree with the idea that all the other groups are harmful towards Zaferlani.
We accept your assistance and we will give you a clear landing spot in the only airport under our rightful hands east of Altda under the cover of night at 2:00 PM Zaferlani time.
Our people will come to meet you in the airport and we will discuss how to bring down each and every fanatical group in our region that endangers our national security.
We will break the Vymari puppets, we will bring down the religious extremists that threaten our way of life for years and we will destroy any traces of the Communist movement.

We are thankful for this proposal and we hold it dearly.

With outmost respect,
Zaferlani Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Then after issuing the first letter, they have gotten another letter from Ultramarine, they have decide to respond with another letter.

To: The Desk of Royal Administration
Subject: Ultramarine Assistance

We have received your letter and we accept your assistance. Together we will crush the rebels. We will give you a clear landing spot in the airport east of Altda at 3:00 PM Zaferlani time under the cover of night.
With our combined efforts we will endure this war.

We hold your proposal very dearly and we are very thankful for it.

With outmost respect,
Zaferlani Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Last edited by Stojam on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
The Daily Guardian:CGS Sheila O'Reilly of Cascadia received backlash after insults to President Miroslav||
The Civic Union, fighting for you.
Are you?[/url]
IATA Member
Proud Member of the G.M.D Pact
Partner of the LETA Trade Zone
Pro: Conservatism, Right Wing, Donald Trump , Brexit,Free Market Capitalism, Ted Cruz and Rubio, Freedom of Speech , Israel, Republican Party (US) , Conservative Party (UK), Constitution Party (US), Judaism, Guns.
Anti: Socialism,Communism,SJWs, Feminists, BLM, Liberals, , Illegal immigrants, Syrian Refugees, Palestine, Merkel, Democratic Party (US), Hillary Clinton, BDS, UN.
Proud Member-Nation of the Council of Nations

I DON'T USE NS STATS!

Huvadhu
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Huvadhu » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:42 am

HITHADHOO
ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF HUVADHU

Lieutenant Khateeb, Huvadhu Crisis Response Command
12 Dhuʻl-Hijjah 1439 - Islamic Calendar

“And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter... and fight them until fitnah is no more, and religion is for Allah.”
——— The Holy Qur’an, Chapter 2, verse 191.

"Mr. Khateeb, all the equipment has finished loading. The crew has informed us that we're able to boarding now," said a young doctor from the Gan Advanced Medical Clinic, a member of the Huvadhi Crisis Response Unit under Lieutenant Khateeb's command.

"Very good. I want Dr. Raudha's team to board first- the headquarters section will follow suit. The 1st and 2nd Platoons will board after we ensure the medical staff and the HQ have all seated. The Adhaalath team... they can accompany us on the upper deck in case they need to do an interview or whatnot."

"Yes, sir. I'll relay this to the logistics officer. ަލަިކުމް ސަލަމްޥ‎."

""ަލަިކުމް ސަލަމްޥ‎."

The doctor hurried off while Lieutenant Khateeb took his scimitar and beheaded one of the civillian loading staff because they took too long to load all the equipment. With authorization given by the Zaferlani government, they had no time to lose. If they wanted to reach Altda before the deadline given to by the Zaferlani Ministry of Foreign Affairs, they needed to leave fast.

The Lieutenant took out a box of cigarettes, and once again set them alight. The small flame lit up the damp, hot air of the Huvadhi night. He turned around and saw the three, massive An-124 aircraft parked on the taxiway of Hithadhoo International Airport.

Within half an hour or so, the full strength of the Huvadhi Crisis Response Command had boarded the three An-124 cargo aircraft also carrying their equipment. The aircraft were from Russian airline Volga-Dnper, since the Huvadhi command needed aircraft to transport all of their equipment- including their helicopters- to Vymar at once.

Their submachine guns slung around their shoulders, the men from the 1st and 2nd Reconnaissance platoons rested as they sat within the belly of the iron beast that was the An-124. Of course, the palletised seating system wasn't the most comfortable for Khateeb's men, especially considering the over-10 hour flight they needed to reach the north Atlantic.

From the helicopters to the team's ambulances, the three lumbering cargo aircraft had taken off safely from the Hithadhoo International Airport which shared its runway with the Hithadhoo Afeef Didi Airforce Base. The soldiers checked their equipment, getting ready for their arrival in Zaferlani in a number of hours.

The soldiers carried their Carl Gustav m/45 which was slung around their bodies while wearing the "Nasir" Load-Bearing vest, issued wristwatch, military aviator sunglasses, jackboots, undergarments, socks, their standard-issue uniform and a long, single rectangular identifiaction tag for identification purposes. Their vests, meanwhile, contained 7 30-round magazines, 6 V40 Mini-grenades, a QT Canteen, a MBTR handheld transceiver and an all-Steel tri-fold entrenching tool for entrenching purposes.

In their bag was an anti-tank grenade, 70 rounds of ammunition, 2 1.5 liter water bottles, a flashlight, spare undergarments, socks and water purification tablets with a plastic bag.

In the cargo hold of one of the An-124s were the vehicles of the Crisis Response Team. Four Toyota HiAce H50 Ambulances, two Toyota Hilux pickup trucks and fifteen Chinese-made off-road reconnaissance motorcycles as transportation for the team's dedicated reconnaissance unit.

Lietuenant Khateeb received news that the 4th Fighter Squadron "Buraq / ބުރަޤް" was en-route to Zaferlani too. Of course, they'd take longer to reach because of the amount of refueling stops they had to make.

Nevertheless, it would be just over ten hours to reach Altda. By 2:00PM Zaferlani time, Huvadhu would have boots on the ground in Zaferlani.
Last edited by Huvadhu on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Islamic Republic of Huvadhu
“ޤައުމީ މިއެކުވެރިކަން މަތީ ތިބެގެން ކުރީމެ ސަލާމް”
A tiny separatist Islamic republic in the southern Maldives.
In-Character Information:
Capital: Hithadhoo
Area: 0.012km2
Population: 6,012 people
President: Ibrahim Moosa Ali Thakurufan

Ultramarine
Envoy

Founded: Jun 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultramarine » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:21 am

Blue Beret Command Delta
HQ Building
Command Centre

"News in from the highers up sir. We got a location to land and a time. Orders?" The young radio operator looked up at the face of Colonel Levy. He nodded and looked through the reinforced window looking at the soldiers assembling on the parade ground. "Get the troops ready to load up it'll take us a good couple of hours to reach Zaferlani. But once we arrive I want the cars off and ready to take us to where we can set up a command post understand?" He turned to look at the young operator who nodded and began to relay the orders through the headset to the others.

Out on the parade ground the fifteen troopers of Command Delta were being inspected by Captains Connor and Schmitt. "Bunch of apes you don't look ready for war. We've been on standby for three weeks and this is how you look?" Schmitt swore at the men and women gathered in front of him whilst Connor continued to write up things the troopers would need to improve or draw from supply. It was minimal in number but the troopers were used to being chewed out for the smallest of imperfections in their kit. Private Olek and Orlov looked at each other sideways as the Captains passed them by. Their thick beards looked like something out of a special forces movie and they were also forgoing the option to wear helmets by wearing the standard issue bush hat. They had helmets in their packs and the two Captains knew this. "Well seems we'll be causing a rush at the supply depot. Get out of here. Those of you without supply forms get to the vehicle depot need the 4x4's loading into the plane. Dis-missed!" Shouted Connor and the troopers moved off to their tasks. Within an hour the troops were fully kitted out and the 4x4's were loaded onto the transport plane. Now the troops had to wait till they could set off to arrive at the 3pm arrival time.

Radimostan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:55 pm

OOC: It seems I will be roleplaying the commies.

Settling-in
General Verax Irwinska is in this fight for a long time. It was in the Academy when he began to fancy socialist ideals, but unlike some other, that were similar to him, he was no fool. He didn't immediately begin to hand-out socialist posters, nor sing left-wing music everywhere he went. He waited. Through kickbacks and backroom political deals, he, relatively soon, secured himself a position of a Major General. And when the time came, he and his division have joined the ranks of the communist rebels. It wasn't the only formation to do so, but it was definitely the largest. For this reason, Irwinska was awarded the rank of General and became the Commissioner of Defense and Commander-in-Chief of the Zaferlani Liberation Army. And even though technically the communist territories are collectively governed by the Central Commission, Irwinska was able to secure a dominant position.

This doesn't mean that the situation is perfect, actually, it is not even close to that. Territory controlled by the socialists is small, the only major municipality is Weynt, where the most industry is located. Such centralization may prove fatal. If, or more precisely, when the city will be attacked, the Socialists will be crippled.

This is where Lt. General Iason Wörnhör stepped in. Wörnhör is the Quartermaster-General of the ZLA. Thanks to Irwinska's influence, the QG is not only in charge of transporting stuff, but also serves as the Chief of Directorate of Production. Meaning that all factories and farms were under the direct supervision of the Army... Blatant power grab? Probably.

Most of the factories are now producing ammunition and firearms. It was decided that only firearm that will be currently produced is FN FAL. While the FN FNC is also still in service, it is planned to be soon replaced by the battle rifles. Mostly to streamline logistics, as the ZLA has a large surplus of the 7.62x51 NATO cartridges, and the same ammunition is also used by the light and general purpose machineguns of the ZLA.

Only little was left for production for basic commodities, such as food. For this purpose, the Directorate started a mass production of food in cans to feed soldiers my and workers alike. Due to the quality of these products, it was soon dubbed as 'SES', an acronym meaning 'Some Edible Shit'.

Meanwhile, the engineering corps, under the command of Major General Badulf Kruse, was tasked with the creation of more manufacturing facilities. While these small improvised workshops couldn't match the potential of factories, they are enough to produce basic explosions, Molotov cocktails, and light ammunition.

Re-organization and Re-armament
As soon as the ZLA ensured its control over the new territory, the revolutionary forces went through major reforms. First off, the forces were brigadized and six major brigades were formed, each commanded by a Brigadier General. A regular brigade has circa 5 000 men and is composed of three 'line infantry' battalions, one artillery battalion, one engineering, one logistical battalion, and a scout company. To improve the mobility, many civilian cars have been confiscated and refitted to serve as armed and logistical vehicles of the brigades.

Above the brigades, there are commands. While similar to divisions in many aspects, they are less rigid in structure. Currently, there are two Commands, each commanded by a Major General; the Western Command focused on the front with the nationalists, and the Eastern Command in charge of the front with the religious extremists. Both Commands are quite similar in structure, each having three brigades in a triangular formation, positioned so two brigades formed the main line, while the last one was in the reserve, ready to respond to any breakthrough. These commands were supervised by the Chief of Ground Operations, Lt. General Durward Werch.

The ZLA also had three independent Mechanized Battalions. Such battalions were composed of a single armored and two mechanized/motorized companies. Two of those battalions were assigned to the Western Command, the remaining one, to the Eastern Command.

Next major of the ZLA was the Zaferlani Liberation Army Air Force, commanded by the Lt General Rastus Kappel. It was organized into two major units; the Aviation Wing, and the Air Defense Brigade. Th Aviation wing was not very sizable. Actually, it has only two combat squadrons and is based in the Weynt civil airport. In order to increase the size, the ZLA has confiscated multiple civilian aircrafts.

The Air Defense brigade operates multiple radar stations and the three AA companies organized into a single SAM battalion. Each battery is composed of a single S-200, and two NIM-72G launch systems. The two heat-guided Chaparral SAMs are located 10 km forward of the main position, providing at least some degree of security against anti-radiation SEAD attacks.

Finally, there is a single major unit that isn't part of the standard organization; the River Brigade. Composed of three regular battalions and a single logistical one, it was equipped with confiscated civilian ships and improvised motorized rafts.

Hybrid Warfare
Having conventional means of fighting is good and all, but the Zaferlani Liberation Army High Command that it will be not enough to win this. Only when every worker and peasant knows the Communist Manifesto through and through, the revolution might be successful. The Chief Political Officer, Lt General Helder Vergoossen, was appointed to ensure this.

Pro-socialist broadcasting station and newspapers outlets have been set up, and they are not very subtle in their bias. If they do not read details about the nationalist cruel crimes against humanity(many of them are obviously made up), they ask the watchers and listeners to take arms and fight against the tyranny of the central government. It should be also mentioned that more direct approaches have been chosen as well.

Obviously, more direct methods have been taken as well. An operation to form pro-socialist militias in Yvloist territories along the banks of the Blauader river. Each night a small group of ships tries to infiltrate the Yvolist-controlled areas. They either ferry political officers to make the local rural population more socialism-loving, or supplies to the partisans. The High Command is planning to raise at least a hundred-men strong guerilla.

It is not only about offense also defense. For this reason, there is a political officer in every company and formations ranking above. There is also at least one political officer in each municipality, working as the chief police officer, prosecutor, and judge. One could say, that the scale of military control over the internal security was another of many Irwinska's power-grabs.

THE IN-CHARACTER NAME IS RADITIA, NOT RADIMOSTAN

The Master M
Ambassador

Founded: May 18, 2009
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Master M » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:04 pm

“It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.”
― Voltaire

General Headquarters
Most Serene Navy Base Caretaker
Former Conglomerate Island of Sanctuary
Dead Region of Azhukali

“We’ll be arriving at HQ in 2 minutes Sirs,” the driver of the open topped jeep said helpfully, his vehicle cruising down the main road leading from the harbour. Buildings and the people moving between them passed in flashes of drab colour, the world perversely reduced to shades of green, blue, and black. Sanctuary was a militarised island, home to tens of thousands of Mian servicemen and women, with the only civilians being family of those serving there. Nobody could accuse the military of anything remotely close to artistic creativity, with many of the buildings for all intents and purposing appearing to be exact copies of one another.

There were a few building present which bucked that trend, although they had not been built by the Mians alone. One such was the massive complex which loomed ahead of them now, looking like some Sheik’s summer palace in comparison to those buildings near it. A long, grandly wide marble staircase stretched lazily a few hundred metres from the road to a pair of massive ornately carved wooden doors at the top, with armed guards holding their posts at regular intervals. Above the doorway stood in golden letters 5 metres tall ‘CONGLOMERATE HEADQUARTERS’, and above that stood dozens of flagpoles each flying a different flag, one of which was the battle standard of The Master M.

“Take us in to side entrance F please,” replied one of the men in the jeep, prompting the driver to turn off of the main road and away from the main entrance. The jeep moved for some time, passing more and more buildings in the same elaborate style, before pulling off of the road and into an underground car park. After passing through several security checkpoints, the jeep got as far as the driver could take it before dropping off his passengers and turning back for the way he came. The two passengers returned the driver’s salute as he left, turning to walk through the bare concrete corridors leading into the building. Had they chosen the main entrance, instead of a maze of bare pipe-laden corridors the men would have walked into the buildings cavernous entrance hall; a full 8 stories tall with the area of several football pitches, the main hall was a wondrously opulent room festooned with art of every description, the most elaborate of which was the mural which covered the entire back wall detailing the many victories of the alliance which had once called the building home.

While the Conglomerate had been extant the building was a hive of activity, with the military liaisons of dozens of nations going about the business of organising and carrying out massive military operations spanning the entire globe. Now, many years since the death of the alliance, all that remained were the caretaker forces of The Most Serene Republic of the Master M. Officially the base was maintained as the island was in a very handy strategic location, much closer to many important regions than the Mian homeland in Gholgoth. Many believed the Mians were still there out of nothing more than nostalgia, and a vain hope that the Conglomerate would one day rise again.

“I really hate this place,” the man breathed forlornly, the bright spotlights above the entrance almost blinding him, “even after all these years, it still feels empty.” His companion grunted, not willing to encourage a conversation that he could predict word for word, electing instead to focus intently on the trail of light his cigarette end made as it bounced defiantly off of the “NO SMOKING!” sign to the left of the guarded doorway they walked towards. The closer of the two guards at the door moved forward as if to admonish him for his open defiance, which turned into a hastily snapped salute as it became clear that under their greatcoats the approaching men wore the uniform of Admirals of the Most Serene Navy.

The pair walked briskly through security door after security door, growing increasingly tired of waving their security badges to the myriad guards in their path. The deeper into the complex they got, the more decorative their surroundings became, unpainted concrete giving way to mahogany and gold leaf. Reaching a set of large double doors, the men showed their passes one more time, prompting yet more smart salutes and the opening of the doors.

The room was large with a high ceiling, containing a large semi-circular desk with banks of seats arrayed around the outer side of it facing inwards. The opposite wall from the table was a floor to ceiling screen, with a small podium in the middle. The seats around the table were full apart from two, the others filled by people wearing a plethora of colourful dress uniforms, drab BDUs and non-descript suits of several kinds. Arranged around the room were a multitude of ‘hangers on’, aides and other such personnel not important enough to warrant a seat but whose presence was either required or at least tolerated. A large man stood at the podium, his uniform the most ornate of all; bright red and trimmed gold, with the royal blue sash of a Sea Lord covering the parts of his breast which weren’t occupied by medals. As the men walked into the room, all turned to face them.

“Ah, Admiral Harper,” the Sea Lord said looking at the first man, before turning his gaze to the second, “and Admiral Russell. Please, take your seats. I’m afraid we had to start without you.” The Sea Lord motioned to an unseen aide, who somehow popped up in front of the newcomers holding large manila envelopes. “You will find your situation briefings on the desk screens at your seats, but please take these hard copies if you prefer. Now, as I was saying…”

OPERATION THUNDER

“Imaginative name as usual, “Admiral Harper thought as he leafed quickly through the folder, skimming the important parts as well as he could while still listening to his superior. Satellite still showing troop and ship movements, intercepted transmissions, and intelligence reports from allied and non-aligned nations, all relating to a region he had never heard of before now: Estaria, and a nation called Zaferlani. The file was thick; composition and location of regional armed forces, the results of different tactics simulated using most up to date information held by Mian Military Intelligence, regional players, spheres of influence, and they went on and on seemingly without end. The Admiral had not seen such a comprehensive intelligence report in years, not at least since the wars of conquest in his youth.

Documented were the orders given to 3 carrier groups to mobilise immediately, along with an entire division of the Mian Marine Commandos. This force would take some time to mobilise, but once it did it would sail from Sanctuary to wherever it was needed. The vanguard was to be an Atlantis-class megacarrier MMS Shield of Honour[/i] and her escorts, along with around a thousand Marine commandos. The vanguard was already closer, as it was returning from anti-piracy operations in international waters.

“Now that we are all here and up to speed, we can begin properly.” The Sea Lord addressed to the assembled room, “The situation on the ground presents a clear opportunity for us – the war ministry have believed for some time that the time is nigh for a resurgence of the Master M, that we have wallowed in isolation for too many long years. Involving ourselves in the growing conflict will be easy given the relatively small size of the region’s inhabitants, allowing us to use minimal force with little fear of retaliation. Contact will be made with both the Communist rebels in the south, and the Nationalist government in the north. Our primary goal will be to support the communist faction in fighting the religious faction, as outlined in Report Three-Three-Alpha. The Nationalist government should also be supplied materiel to allow it to at least defend itself against any Fanatical offensive…” Years of experience allowed Harper to phase out, knowing that the Sea Lord would discuss the minutae first before coming to the main points of the briefing, instead going back through more of the intel packet on the desk in front of him interested to find out who was commanding this operation. He found what he was looking for at about the same time that he realised that the whole room was silent and that everyone in it was staring at him intently.

Commander, Operations: Admiral Harper, MMS Shield of Honour

5 Days Later
MMS Knifepoint, Archer-class SSN
3KM from Zaferlani Nationalist shoreline
Esteria

MMS Knifepoint, a nuclear hunter-killer on routine patrol in international waters, was the closest Mian military vessel to Esteria when the operation began. The sub received via its radio buoy its orders to move towards the region and await further instructions, arriving at full steam only a few days later. The sleek, menacing boat tore through the water, relying on the vastness of the open ocean to avoid detection, only slowing to a much more silent speed when entering the region in anticipation of sound detection arrays that may be in place. The boat edged slowly forwards, barely generating any sound and relying fully on charts to pilot.

Once the vessel entered the Vymarian channel, the ship slowed to almost a full stop, at one point relying on frogmen on the outside of the sub to guide it through the poorly-charted area. As the sub had not originally been planned to deploy here, it did not carry comprehensive charts of the region, relying on the low resolution ones they had downloaded over the past few days, security and stealth ensuring that only very brief windows were open to receive satellite broadcasts.

The Knifepoint reached its target, a point three kilometres from the shore of the Nationalist faction. Six teams of two Mian Special Marine Commandos - the premier waterborne special forces of the Master M – crewed six commando canoes, laden with supplies and equipment as best they could in such cramped watercraft . Three teams would paddle downriver towards the communist faction’s territory, resting and hiding their canoes during daylight hours and continuing at night, while the other three would land ashore in the Nationalist held area, handing themselves over for capture to the nearest nationalist forces. Each of the latter carried with them a spoken offer of a deal allowing for the safe passage of Mian troops and equipment into the southern communist enclave, in return for arms and ammunition of whatever kind the Nationalists requested.

The first carrier group would enter the region 2 days later, while the main force was still at least 14 days away from being in combat range. This would hopefully allow enough time for a deal to be struck with the Nationalists, because if they refused to agree before the first carrier arrived then compliance would be ensured through force of arms instead.
The Most Serene Republic of the Master M|Citizen:Mian
Gholgoth
Map|Factbook|Economic Information
Royal Mian Shipyards

Central Jeffersonia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 11, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Central Jeffersonia » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:06 pm

1521 HRS LOCAL - RNS Midway, Midway-class CVN - Task Force Shield - Tashe Gulf, Esteria

RNS Midway, namesake of it's class and Task Force Shield's flagship, cut through the waves of the Tashe Gulf surrounded by it's retinue. A warm sunny afternoon is what the crews had hoped for as the task force made its way down the strait into the gulf. The perfect weather and beautiful seas, yet, could at any moment erupt into chaos. Such was the case when a region was so near the boiling point, as Esteria currently was. For this reason, the crews could not relax in the conditions they found themselves in. A veteran of many combat operations, the Midway was no stranger to foreign waters with unknown danger. They would be ready.

Rear Admiral James Wilder sat in his cabin, going over the latest intelligence reports. They were on the state of the brewing conflict happening ashore some few hundred miles away. The ever-present hum of electric current and air conditioning was a comforting drone for the veteran officer. He found the white noise helped him focus his thoughts. He was starting to do just that, when there was a knock at the cabin door.

"Come," called the Admiral.
The door swung open and a young Ensign stepped deftly into the cabin. "We have reached our second waypoint, Sir."
"Very well. Carry on, son," Wilder said before going back to his reports.
"Aye, sir," was the reply from the young man, before disappearing with the door shut behind him.

Wilder's task force, designated Task Force Shield, was sent to the region of Estaria to perform a multifaceted mission. Currently, tensions were high among the various factions in the nation of Zaferlani. Unchecked, violence threatened to spill over the border into neighboring Vymar. Task Force Shield's mission had three main objectives. The first was to provide humanitarian aid. If widespread hostilities were to break out, countless civilians would need aid. Things like shelter, food, and medical supplies. The second mission objective was to monitor the factions involved for war crimes. There were reports of one faction already committing many such acts. The rules of engagement permitted using military force to prevent further illegal acts. The third objective was conditional. In the event an armed border incursion were to occur, they were to assist the Vymarian armed forces. At the moment, this seemed unlikely. The Vymarians were competent warfighters, and a Zaferlanian invasion would be ill-advised.

The task force was made up of four components. The first was a Carrier Battle Group. A fleet carrier, two guided missile cruisers, and a destroyer squadron. The second component was an Expeditionary Strike Group. Multiple amphibious assault ships, two cruisers, a destroyer squadron, and 2,500 Marines. Third, a Sanctuary-class hospital ship. With advanced surgery suites, this state-of-the-art vessel could accommodate around one thousand patients. Last, but not least, a bulk cargo freighter full of humanitarian supplies. This composition would enable the task force to handle most eventualities. From simple aerial photography missions up to and including a full amphibious landing of a brigade-sized Marine force. Wilder hoped the latter would not be necessary.

Stojam
Minister

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Stojam » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:25 am

North of Istralka, Zaferlani
Since recent events, the Zaferlanian military has been on the edge, for any foreigners or any danger popping out of no where. In the the guarded outpost North of Istralka anything can happen.
A Zaferlanian soldier would walk around with his FN FAL raised, he was on the edge than usual, possibly because his personality makes him a paranoid nervewreck.
He saw a few soldiers going towards the front gate, he aimed it at them and screamed "Identify yourself! What is your business round' here!" He whisteled to the other boys to come around and help him with the situation.
"Identify yourself or get the hell outta here or get shot. Your call." He said angrily.
It was going to be a long night of explaining.

The river, Yvlovist-Nationalist border
It was night-time. Everything was dark. The Mian commandos down the river were traveling slowly but surely. But they never realized they were heading down an outpost.
The other teams already crossed the borders.
But one stayed behind to check if they haven't forgot something.
It was a big mistake.
A patrol of Zaferlanian soldiers saw them inside a cabin, they forgot to turn off the lights.
One of the Mian commandos went outside to check, only to be snuck up behind and be struck with a butt of a rifle.
The other saw this happening and started shooting, killing one, but he was restrained quickly with a swift strike as he was out of ammo.
They both were taken to a warehouse and executed there.
Their bodies were dumped across the border, if anyone ever asked, the Yvlovist Empire did it.
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
The Daily Guardian:CGS Sheila O'Reilly of Cascadia received backlash after insults to President Miroslav||
The Civic Union, fighting for you.
Are you?[/url]
IATA Member
Proud Member of the G.M.D Pact
Partner of the LETA Trade Zone
Pro: Conservatism, Right Wing, Donald Trump , Brexit,Free Market Capitalism, Ted Cruz and Rubio, Freedom of Speech , Israel, Republican Party (US) , Conservative Party (UK), Constitution Party (US), Judaism, Guns.
Anti: Socialism,Communism,SJWs, Feminists, BLM, Liberals, , Illegal immigrants, Syrian Refugees, Palestine, Merkel, Democratic Party (US), Hillary Clinton, BDS, UN.
Proud Member-Nation of the Council of Nations

I DON'T USE NS STATS!

Vymar
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vymar » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:08 pm

Separatist Zaferlani, Verafall

Despite being the last one to leave for Separatist Zaferlani, Colonel Popek had now arrived at Verafall first with the company he decided to arrive with. As he stepped out of his ZV-23 ICV and hopped out of its back door, he felt the wet ground sink beneath him. He swung around the back of the ICV, placing himself on the right side of the vehicle, with 10 other vehicles stirring behind him. He took out a cigarette and placed it between his pointer and middle finger on his right and brought the lighter up with his left. With a smooth swing of his arm, the cigarette was parked into the right side of his mouth, while his left hand ignited the flame sending smoke into the air as Popek took a long inhale. He looked to his right, it was a small bar with ripped up cloth thrown over five metal prongs forming a small canopy over a few tables. The shade produced by the ripped up cloth was just enough to cover against the summer heat as Popek walked into the bar.

The doors creaked open as the wooden flooring whined once Popek began to press his full weight into the ground beneath him. The bar was mainly empty, with a single bar tender washing a mug on the left side of the bar table and a few other dwellers hanging around the dimly lit apparatus. Two militiamen were dealing cards at the table to his left, playing some local game which the rules were completely foreign to him. But once one of the militiamen slammed the table with his fist as the other reeled back with a grandiose smile on his face, it was clear the game had ended and it had been a long grueling battle along the way. To Popek's right, there were 3 tables set up in a random fashion and 2 without chairs. The only one that seemingly had chairs was being occupied by a man of bigger stature with a scruffy appearance. His unique blue eyes pierced the darkness surrounding him as he watched Popek walk over and slide the second chair at the table to his front. After placing the chair in a place he felt comfortable with, he plopped himself down in front of the man and began conversation.

"I take it you're not just some regular grunt?"

"You could say that"

"I was told the leader of the militias in this area had a certain aura about him. You seem to fit the profile"

"There is no leader. I just happen to run one of the largest militias in Verafall, and I take it you're here to help on behalf of the Vymarian government?"

"Well, I wouldn't say that. We're here on unofficial business to aid the government in Vymar, we're all volunteers here"

The man smiled "You Vymarians are always so complicated" He stuck out his hand "The name's Rytro, you'll be working with me until your government gets off its ass and commits to some action". Popek grinned in reply, "Lets hope that's soon" and with a quick movement of his hand, Popek's hand grasped Rytro's with a tough firmness demonstrating a sort of mutual respect for the individuals. Popek had managed to make a reliable ally, and a strong one at that. As of now, it was up to him to monitor the incoming troops coming into Verafall and as soon as the entire volunteer force showed up in the city, they would begin to man the front lines and defend the current borders of the Separatists. But as Popek left the bar, Rytro's comment echoed into his mind. And the following questions traveled close behind the echoing statement : How long would it be until the Vymarian Government officially got involved, and what would have to happen in order to shift the Vymarian Senate to even want to get directly involved in the bloody civil war occurring just off their border.

ORBAT

1140 Soldiers

8x NVVS Combat Companies

1st NVVS Combat Company
120 Infantry
10 Support Infantry
10 ZV-23 AFVs
5 Oshkosh M1070 Recovery Vehicles

2nd NVVS Combat Company
120 Infantry
10 Support Infantry
10 ZV-23 AFVs

3rd NVVS Combat Company
120 Infantry
10 Support Infantry
10 ZV-23 AFVs

4th NVVS Combat Company
120 Infantry
10 Support Infantry
10 ZV-23 AFVs

5th NVVS Combat Company
120 Infantry
10 Support Infantry
10 ZV-23 AFVs

6th NVVS Combat Company
120 Infantry
10 Support Infantry
10 ZV-23 AFVs

7th NVVS Combat Company
120 Infantry
10 Support Infantry
10 ZV-23 AFVs

8th NVVS Combat Company
120 Infantry
10 Support Infantry
10 ZV-23 AFVs

1st Logistics Company
100 Infantry
40 Support Infantry
20 Mk48/A1 Logistics Trucks
10 FMTV Motorized Infantry Carriers
Last edited by Vymar on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of OSAN

Victores
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Victores » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:49 pm

Iona

“In the beginning, the black and white water mixed, and thus, all was created”, or that was how the story went. It was recorded in the first parts of the Victoresian holy text. Unlike most other religions, the Victoresian holy texts are so ancient, no one is quite sure what they mean. The exact meaning of certain passages spawned dozen’s of sects. The Victoresian Empire was open about the discussion of most chapters, except the ones about prophets, for fear of undermining Imperial authority. Now that Empire was nothing but ashes, ashes and heathens. All that was left was a 16-year old girl in some MSS Black Site Prison in who know’s where.

In their drive for solving the scriptures, the Victoresian scholars had discovered much. They reasoned based on observation and the analysis of the mass of objects after burning, that fire was not a material, but something else. Since fire could burn away matter, they reasoned that it could equally burn away sin. Thus came the ritual burnings of corpses, criminals, and sometimes the non-fatal self burning of Priests. Grand Yvloi Zhao was himself a High Priest. Traditional this office was held by the Jagajash/Emperor of Victores. Now that role of defunct, he would claim the living prophethood. Zhao gathered a pile of wood and various sacred materials into a small pile. He then extracted from the pocket of his robe, a small gold case decorated with silver and ivory. He flicked it open and withdrew the sacred fire-starting stones. After a few tries, the fire started. Zhao stood guard over it, making sure it didn’t die. He uttered a quick prayer to the goddess Evenko. He then dipped his hand into a goblet of ritual water, then placed it into the flame. At first it didn’t hurt too much. He then retracted his hand and placed it back into the water. In a few minutes the flame burned out.

Zhao lifted up the flap of his tent. For now this was the main temple of Yvloism, given the holy sites and actual temples were all in Victoresian hands. Zhao had instructed a new temple be built in Iona. Iona was the capital of the Zhao Empire, it had been renamed after Iona in Victores. Iona was the place where the heavens touched the earth. Outside his tent there were more bonfires. These bonfires did not merely burn the ritual tender however, they burned the corpses of the slain villagers. His troops hadn’t taken enough alive to do the burnings at the stake that were historically common. Burning the corpses would be enough. Though many thought this was some sort of brutality, Zhao knew he was helping them. By cleansing their soul of the unnecessary elements, he was helping them reincarnate as better people. The cycle would only end when they had achieved perfection, upon which their mind spirit would rise to the heavens while his bodily spirits would be recast with a new mind.

Their divine missions was to take three stages. The first would be the conquest of Zaferlani. After the fall of Zaferlani, Vymar would be next. After Vymar, Victores. While these dreams were grand, he had more practical aims. Another of their divine missions was to restore the old ways. A moneyless, bureaucratic society of learned scholars. Among the Yvloists beliefs was that the universe functioned as one superorganism, the body of Arethüre. Humanity were the legs, Gods the arms, and the Perfect Ones(as the ascended spirits were called) the mind, and Yvloi the heart. This meant it was humanity’s duty to steer the path of the universe, and keep all things in balance. Zhao then returned to his tent to mediate for a few moments.

The flames danced across the inside of sacred tent in the field in front of the Yvloist capital. The capital was a rather small city. It had been built around the first village the Yvloists actually captured, with many new buildings. Zhao sat inside the tent, as the high priest of the Zaferlani branch of the faith. He reached into his robe, pulling out a prepared piece of paper with several sacred inscriptions written on it, as well as a question about which location to attack next. He then extracted several small bags of sacred powder from his robes. Zhao knelt in front of the flames, dropping the powders into the flame. He then gingerly lowered the message into the embers, silently praying while doing so. The silent praying was replaced by rhythmic chanting as the paper began to burn up. This continued for several minutes. The fire begun to take the shape of Zaferlani before suddenly roaring up, causing the image to shatter. The flame simmered down again, showing the image of Vymar. The image slowly burned away from the edges until only a single point was left near the Zaderlanian border.

Zhao walked towards the gathering of of his generals in one of the buildings the Empire had built. This building was known as “The Palace”, though it was nothing more than a two story building. The generals were gathered within the assembly hall that formed the center of the building. Zhao held out a large map of the region, unrolling on the floor. He then pulled out his saber and pointed it at the Vymarian city of Eytra, circling his sword around it. “This will be our next target, this place of Eytra”. “Why drag Vymar into the war at this moment?” asked General Cao, the commander of the Second Banner Army. “A message from Arethu, it came through the flames just now” responded Zhao. “We will move our armies in a main sweep South from this city. The First and Second army will invade towards Eytra from the North, the Fourth army will invade from the West. We will take them from all directions with overwhelming force.”

South of Iona

The Second Banner army moved rapidly through the terrain of Zaferlani. Despite their size, they were able to move quietly mainly due to their lack of armored vehicles. Most of their “armor” was in the form of columns of technicals; simple trucks with machine guns and other weapons mounted on the back. The trucks and soldiers traveled through the mountainous terrain through thin paths that could not be observed easily from the skies. This strategy had been used to take Iona in the first place several months ago. The Zaferlani government had struggled to detect the Yvloist forces while they were traveling. The Yvloists would then sweep into a town with technicals. The soldiers would then entrench around the town, making it difficult for the government to retake this land. General Cao referred to this as the “Creeping Bunker” Strategy. More than 10,000 soldiers had been brought in for the assault on the city of Eytra.

The army had advanced at a snail’s pace through the mountains. They had descended out of the mountains that encircled the Eytra valley just the day before. The city of Eytra laid in a valley surrounded by two ranges of hills and mountains, isolating it from the rest of Vymar. This was likely why this city was chosen by Zhao as a target. It would show the strength of the Yvloist Empire to outside world, as well as being an actually possible target. General Cao had chosen a particularly unusual route through a dense wooded area to the West of the region that was unguarded. Once they made it across the Vymarian border they would launch a sudden assault directly into the city. Once this assault had began, the Yvloist army would be highly mobile. They had a large number of technicals that could carry a squad on the back, with enough to carry almost the entire force brought for the assault.
Last edited by Victores on Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN

Demitor
Attaché

Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Demitor » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:53 am

Joint Base Calius-Rogers

Hawkins was doing his usual routine, observing excersies as usual by the army, when a hurriedly rushed intelligence officer approaches him. After a simple salute, and it being returned, the officer begins. “Sir, you might want to do something about this?” Hawkins reply was short and to the point, him seemingly more concerned with the excersies before him than this small conflict.”Where is it?” The lieutenant simply said “Zaferlani, it’s looking like it could be heating up.” Hawkins sighed, as he knew that this may just be a small scale civil war in a nation that has a history of them, or, if they do nothing, innocent blood might be spilled.

The first action wasn’t sending a cable to the Zaferlani government at first. Hawkins first action was to get in touch with his Air Force intelligence director.

Hawkins: ”Gentelmen, we may have an issue to solve here soon”

AF Intelligence: ”What is it, sir?”

Hawkins: ”Small little conflict over in Zaferlani, it looks like things could heat up in the coming hours.I need to know what you have that can be airborne and on the move within minuites.”

AF Intelligence: ”Sir, we have our “midnight special,” as you know.”

Hawkins: ”I’ll authorize it, in the meantime I’ll send a cable over. I want one on station all the time.”

AF Intelligence: “Will do. Make sure it’s heard, sir.”

The phone clicked back into its base, and Hawkins turned to his aide de camp, and ordered him to pen the message to the government.

———————————————-

To: The Nationalist Government of Zaferlani
Subject: Support request

To whomever it may concern,

The Military Republic of Demitor has pledged its support to the nationalist government in its fight against the communists and the religious zealots. The Air Force has sent a SR-71 blackbird to monitor the situation as it develops, and that will determine wether or not Demitorian troops are sent.

The government of demitor offers its full aid and support to you all fighting the communists and nationalists, should you want our help.

Hoping you are well,

General James Collins,
Secretary of State of the Republic of Demitor
I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within - Douglas MacArthur

Every's man's man.

Vymar
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vymar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:49 pm

Zaferlani/Vymarian Border

Lieutenant Frederick Briggs had been kept on standby to monitor the situation ongoing in Zaferlani. He was part of a larger air defense network on the Zaferlani/Vymarian border to make sure Vymarian airspace was protected and respected by all the current belligerents involved in the hot mess. In the past week, no incursions had occurred yet into Vymarian airspace, and Briggs intended to keep it that way. He was going through his MRE ration which he had nicely put together on his lap as he stared into the endless blue sky. As hunger began to turn his stomach, he looked back down at his food : Pulled pork with pre-heated mashed potatoes was the MRE of the day, and who could forget the extra packet or two of gravy to pour on it for an extra spunk of flavor. On his right was bottled water that was half drank by the time Briggs had gotten to his main meal. The packet of flavoring containing supplements of Vitamin C and Potassium sat in ripped tatters next to the water, still giving off an orange tint due to the orange flavoring he had poured into the bottle prior. Briggs pulled out the package to his left containing a plastic spork and knife and opened it and began to dig into his meal. The pulled pork coated his tongue momentarily as he entered bliss as he swallowed, fighting back the hunger and took yet another sip of his water. He began to settle in as a soldier burst out the combat center where all the radars were displayed on monitors scanning the area around them.

"Briggs! Get in here!"

Briggs immediately put down his food and began to run towards the soldier as he held the door open for Briggs to enter the command room. Briggs was immediately met with the all too familiar hum of the air conditioner and computer hard drives spinning, giving the room a sense of busy ambiance. "We have three radar signatures, they're pretty high up and are moving pretty fast. The computer is saying that they're SR-71s...". Silence filled the room, an eerie understanding came across both men "Any idea on who its from?". "No sir, the radar signatures have just been circling above us. One actually past right over us, I'm certain this isn't a friendly. We would have been notified of any friendly aircraft flying by today and Zaferlani aircraft are all fighting over inside of Zaferlani". Briggs watched one dot begin to bank right slowly circling around farther and farther from their SAM system. Suddenly a call on his radio came in from another SAM battery just 10 kilometers away. They were getting the same readings and so were everyone else who was part of the SAM umbrella meant to protect Vymar from aerial spill over. Briggs started to break a sweat. The other SAM unit was receiving the same information as well. His foot began to tap away furiously.

Now was the time for action.

Briggs grabbed hold of his radio "This is Lieutenant Briggs, I am aware of the radar signatures that have been circling around our airspace for the past 10 minutes or so. I am commanding my unit to open fire upon the SR-71 radar signatures, and I highly advise you all do the same. We are firing one missile per SAM system here at the specified targets..."

The other soldier stood there, simply watching Briggs call out orders then quickly snap towards him "What are you waiting for? Knock those bird out of the sky!". The S-300V4 canisters opened up as a loud compression of air could be heard from within the command center. The anti-air missile held within the canister quickly shot up into the sky about 4 meters out of the canister before its engine ignited and its explosive warhead tipped towards the direction of the targeted SR-71. Then, another SAM system within the battery carried on a similar process, shooting another missile into the sky headed towards the same SR-71 almost like an insurance policy to make sure that plane was downed. Three other SAM batteries carried out the same process, firing the missiles into the sky and eventually reaching speed above mach 5. The S-300V4 was originally made with anti-ballistic missile defense in mind, however its anti-aircraft capabilities were still perfectly tuned for that exact purpose. While it was also possible to use the HAWK XXI systems that accompanied every S-300V4 battery, its age and slower missiles would prove to be difficult to catch up to the lightning fast SR-71s circling above Vymarian airspace. The radars counted 3 of the spy planes, and it was expected all 3 were to drop out of the sky in hunks of scorching metal.

Williams Airbase, Nothern Vymar

An alarm blasted into Lieutenant Quentin's ears as red lights filled his living quarters, startling him out of his bed. His training in flight training made him act on autopilot as his commissioned white sleeveless shirt was slid off his body with a certain rush of adrenaline he only felt before during actual combat. He jerked opened his drawers grabbing his flight suit and sliding it on and zipping it tight up to the point where the zipper rested between his jutting chin and the fabric of the suit. With a grab of his helmet, he came running out of his quarters along with 4 other pilots who followed closely behind him. They all headed to the briefing room, where they would be given all the juicy details about why they were just metaphorically yanked out of their beds and eventually into a jet fighter going mach 2. The Wing-Commander stood next to a big white board that displayed multiple blue markings on a map of the Zaferlani Vymarian border. As Quentin's squadron took a seat on the stools that lined up in front of the WC, the briefing began in frantic start "Vymarian airspace has been violated. Plane and simple, three spy planes were identified over our Anti-air umbrella, and as we have no prior confirmations from our allies, these spy planes are now viewed as hostile entities. You will be in the air for 30 minute patrols across our border with Zaferlani for the next 24 hours, or until we get the order to halt patrols. Every other airbase has been put on high alert, but we must actually put our concern into action. Fly high gentlemen".

Eytra, Northern Vymar

Three companies. That was it. 450 men that now found themselves surrounded and in charge of protecting 450,000 citizens of Vymar from religious radicals that sought to capture and burn the city. Slow Vymarian mobilization would be the factor to later blame for the massacre at Eytra, but as of right now, the shattering shockwave of an IBT-63 was the only thing on the mind of citizens as a technical down the road seemingly snapped in two halves as it blew up throwing the militants sitting in the back 10 feet into the air before they slammed into the ground motionless. The tank began to reverse as the sound of another truck appeared to its side, flanking it and aiming an anti-tank, recoilless gun from the back of the truck. A loud bang echoed off the walls of the buildings beside the street as the orange streak of its projectile could be seen in less time than one could blink, and then suddenly slapping into the side of tank. The truck then took off between another alleyway as so the tank could not retaliate. The active protection system upon the top of the tank had ran out of ammunition, and now the tank was stuck in an open park with its left track blown clean off from under it. Simultaneously, another Vymarian squad began to move between the streets, attempting to provide relief for the tank crew as more trucks poured into the square as more militants began to physically charge the tank. The coaxial .50 cal began to open fire onto the trucks and crowd of storming militants as another blast from its main cannon filled the streets with smoke while the squad desperately popped shots at the militants from the second story of a building facing the park.

The Vymarian forces were desperately surrounded. Even the local police, only making up for about 350 members, and even less in the possession of a capable firearm found themselves attempting to aid in the military effort to keep the city alive. The sheer number of trucks and militants overran the slim outer defenses, filtering into every street corner and alleyway. The battle had become a struggle for survival rather than a battle of objectives. For the Vymarians who had survived thus far were now running low on ammunition and high on individual kill counts. There would be come instances where Yvloist militants were running in such packed groups, it was more worth it to fire one of the squad's two RPGs into the crown rather than waste ammunition for their service rifles. The number of Yvloist Zaferlani Militants was hard to guess. The sheer number of them coming into the city was difficult to fully comprehend. The number was in the thousands and heavily outnumbered the Vymarians in the city. This was the only fact that was confirmed.

The formerly clean streets were now littered in bodies with an occasional airstrike to rock the scattered papers and debris only further. In the square, the tank was now being overrun as bullets began to bounce off its armor as Vymarian soldiers desperately tried to gun down the militants climbing upon the tank before they could drop in a grenade through the commander's hatch or the barrel. The tank's gun was now pointed down as the militants had covered the tank like ants on a large, sugary meal. The tank, and crew were lost. A Molotov was thrown onto the tank as the militants backed off of it as the liquids began to sink into the engine compartments. Despite the valiant efforts, the crew inside of the tank now had to face the fate of burning inside of their vehicle, or being gunned down upon their exit.

The commander's hatch opened as the commander seemingly jumped out of the tank with flames protruding from the back of his vest as he quickly began to take it off. The squad in the second story then received suppressing fire as a technical opened fire on the tank commander. Tracers slapped and ricocheted off the ground as the commander seemingly gave off a slight twitch before he hit the ground. Then the gunner came out and was sent right back down into the turret as another RPG slapped into the tank, this time in a vulnerable point in the hind of the armor. The blowout panels ignited, shooting flames out of the turret as the gunner rocked forward and then was left slumped over atop the turret. The driver was no where to be found.

Eytra was a disaster, and as the flames engulfed the city, the flames would persist for literal days. The city would stand as a stark reminder for the Vymarians who did not take the conflict seriously. Now, Vymarian intervention was not a possibility, Vymarian intervention was now a guarantee and mobilization was now a priority. The drums of war had began their all too familiar loud and violent beat, and Eytra had gotten its ear drums blown out.
Proud Member of OSAN

Vymar
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vymar » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:06 pm

ALFREDSTATE, VYMAR

The debris from the destroyed aircraft had made a large crater right outside the city and into one of the national parks that sat to its north. While the damages were enough to make the governor have a heart attack, the actual presentation of the crash had demonstrated to be far worse than what imagination could conjure. From the inside of the part, a large divot into the ground had been made about 100 to 200 meters down from the initial crash site which contained half of an engine and a quarter of a wing. From what onlookers described, the aircraft hit the ground, then began to tumble forward, throwing debris everywhere until it made its final stop kicking up dirt everywhere. As investigators of the NVIB searched the area, they managed to find the farthest piece of debris, a piece of the turbofan engine halfway into a tree 100 meters away from the divot. At the very tip of the crash sit sat the remains of the cockpit which had seemingly been smashed during the ejection process. The slight insignia of a foreign flag was also embedded into the aircraft, which the NVIB had identified as possible Demitorian equipment. However, just an hour before the investigation upon the aircraft was made, two pilots of Demitorian origins had been found attempting to hide within Vymarian borders. Both were now in detention facilities where they would be questioned further. While the motives for the spy attempt were not clear, the position of the Demitorian government was. It was of utmost importance to gain an upper hand against the Demitorians who were now classified as threats to the state. It was now time to use their spies against them.

To whom it may concern of the Demitorian Governance
Ryan Chase : Head of Foreign Affairs

Good evening,

According to our top military officials and internal intelligence agencies, it seems that Demitorian aircraft violated Vymarian airspace upon the 9th of September 1200 Military time. While the state of Vymar respects the sovereignty of all nations, we must also put ours upon everyone else's. The use of military grade reconnaissance aircraft over our borders will not be tolerated, no matter the circumstance. If your nation's quarrel lies with the Zaferlani, let it be known we are no longer neutral and plan on eradicating the Yvloist menace while annexing the Zafernian separatists that are rightly Vymarian. If a fight is what you seek, we will have no other choice but to serve the order, but let it be known that foreigners have a history of not being welcomed upon our shores, especially in times of treachery. For this reason, we detained three of your pilots that flew the SR-71s over Vymarian airspace and are currently being held in Vymarian military grade detention centers as you read this. The other three pilots have died either in the contact with the ground or with our SAM systems. Luckily, their names have been given to us, however they will not be released until certain requirements are made. Our terms are simple, the state of Vymar demands that Demitor pulls out of the Zaferlani conflict completely, including all military assets and funding within one week of this telegram. If this is done to our satisfaction, we will release the names of the deceased. If we are to release the living, we demand a payment of 100 tonnes of gold within a month of this telegram. We do not care if this gold payment is ripped from Zaferlani or Demitor itself. If any retaliatory measures are taken, the three living pilots will be executed upon treason of the state. They are not citizens, they will not be granted the right to a fair trial and they will not have a right to an attorney. We hope to have full cooperation with your nation in the future.

Ryan Chase, Head of Foreign Affairs
Proud Member of OSAN

Legatia
Minister

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Legatia » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:19 pm

Legatian Imperial Navy
Tashe Gulf, 70 nautical miles from the shore of Vymar
Fleet VIII, Task Force IX- CVN-40 Arcosta, Tabellarius-class aircraft carrier
Electronic Warfare Squadron SEQ-41 "Kniferiders"

The brilliant smell of the steak coming off of the grill and onto his plate gave the Lieutenant a warm feeling in his heart. It wasn't like such a commodity was common- this was the officer's mess, after all, and today was game day. The chefs knowingly upped his portions- today's breakfast was steak, rice, and tortilla rolls, the steak seasoned with regular dollar-store steak sauce and the rice refried. Sat on the side were a few golden brown potato slices and a glass of something that looked like general aviation fuel masquerading as a flavored beverage. The Navy made a killing when it came to food, but beyond coffee it was shit at drinks. He did not drink coffee- in fact, he was one of the few that held to such a custom- and so he opted for a Russian roulette of having a beverage with clumps of powder or tasting like spicy water. He was displeased to find that it was the clumped variant- he gagged, and put the drink aside.

"Gotta love bug juice, huh?" A flight-suit clad blonde sat next to him, her spiky hair pulled tightly back into a ponytail. Lieutenant Commander by the leaf on her suit, he knew, she was his pilot. Quickly across from them sat the other crew, two men ranking Captain and Lieutenant Commander as well, their trays loaded just as heavily as the Lieutenant's was.

"This is just like what we've been flying in sims all the damn time. Wild Weasel." The Captain gave a nod to the juniormost Lieutenant. "Just manage your countermeasures and jammer pods and you'll fly fine. It's a probing exercise."

"Yeah, half a suicide run, isn't it?" The Captain and his copilot shared a laugh, chewing through the wrap with eagerness. A rumble shook the deck above them gently as a Peregrine came in from BARCAP, the Captan giving a wince. "Rough landing. Probably one of the fresh ones from Coriolanus."

"He'll get it with time." Tucking away the rest of the food, the female Lieutenant Commander rose, patting her WSO on the back. "Briefing is in fifteen, boys. Don't be late. I'd hate to make them bored, y'know?"

The cockpit slid shut, the engines roaring to life as the electronics initialized. The aircraft was loaded lightly with weaponry to compensate for the fact they weren't expecting to get into a dogfight. High and low band jammers and electronics warfare equipments were loaded onto the wings, which would allow not only for early detection of missiles, but also enable the seekers of nearly any missile to be jammed. The aircraft were specially modified to carry and employ such equipment. They did not carry air to ground missiles, but instead held four air to air missiles- two infared on the wingtip, and two radar guided on the carriage near the gear.

A mist of water spread across the deck as the carrier dipped gently towards the water. The pilot applied her brakes gently, keeping the aircraft from moving from its position.

"..Fleet traffic, this is Viper 05, flight of two.." The captain came over the radio from the jet adjacent to them. "..We have completed preflights and are go for launch."

"Viper 5, Fleet Traffic acknowledges.. One-One is first in the pattern, climb out and maintain a heading of one niner zero."

"Viper copies, set for shoot." The yellow-clad deck attendants set in position, and gave the signal as the flight lead shot out off the deck, smoke flying over the deck as he pitched up and over away. Pitching off into the sky, the jet climbed rapidly to altitude and beginning a circle around. The deck heaved down again, and the shooters held their pose. The deck of the carrier slipped up again, and with a flick of his hand, steam shot around the Peregrine, a rumbling shaking itand then hurling it forward. At speed it shot off the deck and into the sky, the turbines behind them roaring as it pushed them further and further into the sky. Moisture slid off of the canopy as the wind flew past them, their wingman plane rolling in on their starboard for the ascent to the sky.

"Viper 5, clear of fleet traffic. Signing on operational traffic, channel niner eight." The Lieutenant switched the comms on his jet for the pilot over, glancing over to see the copilot in the flight lead doing just the same. Piercing the cloud layer, operational command came in after radio check ins.

"Viper 5, this is Minerva, Fleet ACC. Go ahead and check in." The two pilots gave their nods, as the captain did the deed.

"Minerva, Viper Five is a flight of two F/E-62s, payload electronic warfare weapons package Epsilon Niner, break, two times ASRAAMS, two times AMRAAMS. Currently on time and on target, heading two-two-zero on run."

"Viper Five, Minerva copies. Maintain altitude of 12 angels AGL and continue on target. Call contacts, how copy?"

"Viper Five copies, 12 angels AGL, call contacts. Entering controlled airspace on my mark.." The Lieutenant's eyes glanced as he entered into Nationalist airspace, limited cloud cover offering the two birds some sort of concealment. "..Mark."

"Minerva copies, over." They were well within detection and missile range now, the only question being whether or not they'd be engaged. "Keep an eye on sensors and mark any SAMs that start tracking you."

"Solid copy, Captain." The female pilot gave a nod, as they roared above, waiting only for a ping.

Demitor
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Demitor » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:25 pm

Michaels Air Force Base, Demitor.
0111 Hours

Even with the early morning awakening, the serveral crews of the B-2 bombers were eager to make their part be known to the world at large. They all joked around, knowing that they were going to be safe on their missions today. A TV set flickers in the common room of their quarters, broadcasting the normal news and weather, noting being said about the pilots shot down.

It’s because the Demitorian state was hard at work, trying to awaken sleeper agents that had not been used in a long time. They were still useful, sure, but they were mostly going to be used to help the six teams of Demitorian Rangers that were going to be used to rescue the pilots, or execute them, as it was feared their plans to invade Vymar may already be compromised. The government doesn’t even really think much.

The pilots in the common room were summoned to the briefing room, which, to their surprise, was filled with seven Generals of different ranks, but generals none the less. They explained that the ground troops would have to push the Yvoletist forces back to the Vymerian border, and so they would be using everything short of nuclear weapons to push them back. Then, after crushing the Yvoletist threat, they would crush the separatists and their allies with a simple hammer and anvil tactic.

The SR-71 pilots knew this was the Demitorian plan, then to invade and mop up the Vymerian government.

In the Nationalist sector of Zaferlani, more and more Demitorian troops have been arriving each and every day. Public data tells of about a hundred thousand troops, while it’s estimated to be at more than two million, and growing each and every day. Numerous skirmishes and artillery barrages have been happening along the Yvolitist - nationalist border.
Last edited by Demitor on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within - Douglas MacArthur

Every's man's man.

Vymar
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vymar » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:57 pm

Zaferlani/Vymarian Border

The Forward Operations base buzzed with activity as vehicles revved their engines and soldiers began exiting their sleeping quarters. Some soldiers were already fully equipped and were applying camouflage paint to each other. In the night sky, it was difficult to see their work, however there was direct orders from the generals to not shine any lights as to not awake any civilians to any commotion from afar. The sound of revving engines and a quivering ground would not give the Yvloists enough time to react. And such was the general plan into taking back the city of Eytra. Troops were flowing out of their quarters like the rivers that now ran red in Zaferlani and soon they would flow into the nation attempting to encircle the Yvloists and force a retreat. The plan was to quickly interrupt supply lines to Eytra and corner Iona in between its two bordering rivers. And the twist? The entire thrust would be done at night to only add to the confusion. As if 20,000 mechanized soldiers with tank support blitzing into the countryside wasn't disorienting enough.

Very soon, the flooding of soldiers stopped only to be followed by a stream of ZV-23s moving in a column as they exited the FOB. The red tail lights barely illuminated the front of the APCs behind them, giving off a slight maroon color to the otherwise green camouflage of the vehicle. In front of those APCs led a tank platoon that would act as a shield to any dug in insurgents that were armed with modern anti-tank weaponry. The soldier's lives inside of the APC was put at a very high priority, without them a successful battle against insurgents would be nearly impossible. Meanwhile, the other reinforcements on the border numbering about a total of 50,000 Vymarian troops would put pressure on the Yvloist lines in a general push to make sure Yvloist forces couldn't move around without a threat of further encirclement. However the air war would be one of a different goal. One squadron of 24 aircraft was tasked with taking out Yvloist SAM systems deep within extremist territory to allow for cheaper CAS units to support soldiers on the ground. Around an hour before the Vymarian columns set out for their own small blitz into enemy territory, IBF-22 Strike fighters took off from their respective runways and took the skies above Vymar. A mixture of ECM dedicated IBF-22s with others dedicated to actually sending off their payload onto the SAM systems, it was expected that most of the SAM systems in Zaferlani would be wiped out with minimal casualties.

If the operation was successful, there would be a greater question concerning what Vymar was to do with the conquered land. While there was a large amount of senators that wanted to return the lands to the Zaferlani government, many did not want to simply turn over a spot of land to an authoritarian regime without using it to Vymar's leverage. The separatists were already announced to be prepared for annexation, and soon, it would be official. But if other nations would consider it legal would be the real issue.

Vymar was already having conflicts with outsider nations spying upon its SAM sites and was currently interrogating pilots for all they had. To say tensions in Vymar had escalated would be an understatement. The pilots would not be killed, yet. They were set up for ransom, and until that ransom was paid, the pilots would be kept in their cells, locked away from the outside world. Vymar had already killed a handful of pilots, another few would not matter to the military police. But besides the spy planes over Vymar and the Yvloist extremists capturing Eytra, the nation of Legatia was conducting exercises in the Tashe Gulf. While the motives were unknown, SAM systems along the Tashe gulf in Vymar kept track of their movements, awaiting any type of aggressive maneuver into Vymarian airspace that would set off a whole domino effect of military engagements that the Vymarian government did not want to be involved with. The Zaferlani question had finally begun spiraling out of control.

Blue Diamonds : Heavy Mechanized Divisions 1 and 4
Purple Diamonds : Heavy Mechanized Divisions 3 and 9 - Mechanized Divisions 15 and 2
Proud Member of OSAN

Rhodokan Republic
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodokan Republic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:08 am

Rhodokan Republic, Jelkala; the capital city of Rhodok.
Aaryn Kastor; Earl of the Republic, Leader of all Rhodok's Lady of Jelkala
2 Weeks ago

Jelkala, the diamond of Rhodok. Just in land from the sea however, connected to it by a wide and winding river that came down from the mountains. The Port of Jelkala made use of this and aloud the Republican Naval Fleet's make use of it. This also made Jelkala's markets expansive as all the new imports came in through this port.

Ever since the ancient times the guild masters controlled the cities and trade, while the lords and ladies controlled the army's and castles. Every king and now every Earl was picked the same way. They would march out to the rolling hills free of weapons and show themselves in front of the Guild masters and village elders of the original 28 villages and cities. If they all knew you kind of heart, and known as a leader then you would be the next Earl.

Now in the Modern times it wasn't as epic as it was back then but each leader of all Rhodok's had to make a name for themselves in each of the 28 towns of old. This was usually the same way as those who came before. They put the betterment of the town ahead of their own well being and their own time to improve the lives of those living in that town. This would help you to become well known. As for leading men, this was relatively simple; Become an officer in the military by doing well in school until the mandatory 5 year enlistment at the age of 19, There they would give you your educational score and give you your rank when you started in the military. You could go for the 5 years then get out or sign up for life and have that chance to become the leader of Rhodok.

Aaryn, the current Earl, though most just call her Lady Aaryn. She did extremely well surpassing all others in her class and in life.
Kastor is an ancient name of a previous king that lead the young country after its separation from the Swadian Empire and defender their lands to keep from folding into the Calradian Empire that the Swadians attempted to create. Lady Aaryn was awarded the rank of 1st Lieutenant right out of high-school skipping the ranks of Officer Cadet and 2nd Lieutenant. She did her 5 years of service and continued in the "White Shields" or Home Guard for another 5 while traveling the Rhodok highlands and lowland impressing the 28 Guild Masters and Village Elders with her abilities improving the Rhodok Republic as a whole. When It came to pick the next leader of Rhodok's hundreds dozens of veteran officers came out to try their luck in gaining their favor But then, Lady Aaryn wearing an ancient battle armor of years past, Clad in chain-mail and plate, with the Republics green and white cross, with shield of old in hand challenged the other officers where they were there to improve themselves she was there to defend her friends from treachery and corruption. At the age of 29, she understood what it was to be Rhodok and she came to actively protect her friends she had made of the 28 Masters and Elders, it was a clear and obvious choice which most of the officers that had come to win favor ended up kneeling to her as their new Earl, or in this case Lady of Rhodok.

Fast forward 2 years and Aaryn now lived in Jelkala Castle over looking her fief of Jelkala and Buvran. Though the fief was more or less a formality, more of a sign of tradition than anything else. The town's flags would switch to the standing bear of yellow on a green back ground the Kastor family emblem which showed that they were under the personal protection of Lady Aaryn and her men; Reserve Group #108 , a White Shield regiment that she served with.

Aaryn sat in the grand hall in Jelkala where her friend's that she had made over the years would feast and talk about how the country was running. At the moment however, the table was empty and she sat at the head of the table on her throne scrolling through her tablet with an old bear skin of a Rhodok brown bear draped over her shoulders. She was more of less just passing time before he next task. This was interrupted by one of her guards, the Sergeants of Jelkala, an elite soldier of Rhodok's distant past made even more deadly with the use of firearms. He wore the standard dress of old with modern olive drab fatigues and body armour under the mid-evil surcoat that had the Rhodok flag. With his tall Board or Pavase shield, which was also upgraded to stop up to 9.3x89mm Rhodok ammunition, slung on his back and his rifle: AR8CR, at his side he saluted his lady.

"Lady Kastor!" The Sergeant mimiked the salute of old when knights removed or raised the faceplates of their helms. Which incidentally closely related the British salutes. "My Lady, your Minister of Worldly Affairs: Sir Graveth, your Minister of Defense: Sir Etrosq as well as Colonel General; Sir Matheas..."

The bewildered Aaryn looked blankly at the Sergeant, She hadn't expected anything for the next couple of hours, and here she was being ambushed on her thrown. What a shameful display it would be! She stood tossing the bear skin onto the thrown and her tablet onto the solid oak table. "Allow them in Sergeant Gerluchs, let them take their seats I will be out in a moment." Aaryn said walked as gracefully as possible into the next room her quarters and closed the door.

Sergeant Gerluchs stood their for a half second and then turned jogging over to the top of the steps that were behind him on the right side of the room. There were two more Sergeants standing there standing at parade rest with their board shields in front of them with hands grasped firmly on the straps. "Sergeants!" Gerluchs called. "Allow the guests in and man her ladyships door to her chamber." Gerluchs said quietly. Both Sergeants hoisted their shields and attached them to their left fore arm. The with their other hand grasped the door handles on the large oak double doors and pushed them open while keeping the shields steady making sure that they didn't touch the ground. The doors opened to reveal the three guests and they were beckoned inside. Once inside the doors were closed and two more Sergeants took up positions outside while the other two did as they were instructed and took up positions taking up the same parade rest they were at before just on either side of the door to the chamber that Aaryn disappeared into.

Each of the guest took seats at the head of the table exuding the minister of Worldly Affairs who lingered by the thrown. Minister Graveth had a good understanding of Calradia and the wider world however his ambitions were all too clear. In ancient times their was a King Graveth that ousted the rightful Lord Kastor of Veluca by saving the guild masters from a Swadia attack then held the Guild masters and the Claimants to the thrown and spear point and "convinced" them to make him king for saving them.

Colonel General Matheas and Minister of Defense Etrosq looked at each other and then back at Graveth. Graveth was a old balding man with a full beard. He always seemed to have a serious expression on his face that most mistook as frowning or an aggravated expression. "Sir Graveth, Please take a seat?" Sir Etrosq spoke, The minister of Defense. Etrosq had light red hair combed back into a ponytail a large bushy mustache and bright envious green eyes. He spoke in question, but he stared down Graveth which when he (Graveth) turned to me Etrosq's gaze he jumped to and scurried like a mouse to his seat beside Sir Etrosq. Col. Gen. Matheas laughed slightly which got a smirk from Etrosq and a scowl from Graveth. Matheas was the only one in military uniform out of the three with the other two wearing suits. Matheas also had red hair but it was shaved down to a high and tight, he also had the allowed length of beard which he kept as a short goatee.

"Doing that infront of others will not allow you to take the country Graveth," Matheas said in a lowered tone as Sergeant Gerluchs took his position protecting the thrown. Myself Etrosq and Gerluchs will protect Lady Aaryn from you. She is the Rhodoks rightful ruler and has our best interest at heart."

Graveth remained quiet. He had no intention on looking bad in front of those that were land holders and would rule against him when a new earl would be chosen next year or at least he hoped, If Lady Aaryn passed away or died on the battlefeilds of Zaferlani, which was the reasoning behind them being here.

Aaryn's door opened to reveal Lady Aaryn Kastor, she stood in a simple natural coloured white tunic and black cotton slacks and brown shoes, the Tunic was undone to reveal a modest amount of cleavage and the grey undershirt she wore underneath. on the tunic the Kastor family crest the yellow banner and black bear was present. Aaryn's dark red hair was braided now that nearly reached her backside in a single long braid. She walked gracefully scooping up he tablet and sitting down in the thrown with it in her lap. She opened the note taking app on the tablet and looked at he ministers and her Colonel General.

"Lets begin?" She said.

An hour later after a long discussion a conflicted Aaryn sat silently with the others in the room waiting in anticipation. The only word that she uttered after the long silence:

"Zaferlani...."

"Yes my lady," Colonel General Matheas said. "Their people are suffering. We should send aid."

"Not just aid we should intervene," Graveth spoke sincerely, these people have been suffering longer than this nation has been existing. Thousands of years of hardship. They should be liberated from these radicals and heathens."

"Religion will never be a point of discussion here." Aaryn spoke venomously. "Though to allow this faction the... 'Yvloists' this cannot allow this to happen. As for the other factions, the nationalist remind me of the Swadians... as for the communist and separatists, they are in-important."

"What would you like us to do about this matter, my Lady." Etrosq spoke leaning in.

"Deploy a Battle Group, maybe the 103rd?" Aaryn said thoughtfully, "Give them a fleet as well and invade into the nationalist region. Once they have a foot hold and removed any naval and military threats near the coast, ask the International Aid and Development Project to deploy to Zaferlani, lets help these people, they have suffered long enough."

"Yes My Lady." The three said in unison.

"Will you go to Zaferlani yourself?" Graveth said while they packed up their papers.

Sergeant Gerluchs as well as both Matheas and Etrosq glared him down but hidden from Lady Aaryn.

"I will," Aaryn said. "Etrosq can manage the country when I do, you will advise him as such. I will go with the fleet when they do their landings in Zaferlani.

2 Weeks Later

Lady Aaryn and Sir Matheas stood on the bridge of the Rhodok Super Carrier: Grunwalder, and with the 65 Ships in all they sailed to Estaria. Matheas was nervous as he was well aware of a plot to take the thrown was in the making but he couldn't prove it and he wasn't the republic's spymaster, he felt uneasy trying to bring it up to the girl that was half his age.

"Land Ho!" one of the Seamen yelled from the port side. In the distance almost barely noticeable was a shore line but at this distance it was unclear if it was Zaferlani or Vymar.

"Multiple ships reporting Sonar and Radar Pings Captain!" the Radio Operator called out.

The gruff veteran Captain looked to Lady Kastor. She smiled from the captains chair.

"The Fleet is yours Admiral Reland," stood and offer his chair with a bow, "I leave the fleet and all its souls as well as mine in your capable hands." Matheas would have paid for a picture of that old Captains face blushing like a school boy as he saluted and retook his seat. Major Admiral Reland cleared his throat and called out.

"Battle-stations fleet wide!" he bellowed. "Launch AWAC's for surface and air cover to extend our radar cover!"

As the Admiral continued Matheas and Aaryn backed away into the corner to watch the members of the Republican Fleet Corps (RFC) run around and be generally active in following the admirals orders. The 6 Elevators brought planes out their mothballed storage below and the crew in their colour groups ran around the deck to prepare for the first launches of aircraft from the carrier. The fleet also altered to put up a protection net of Pavase 1C 23mm PDCI Weapon systems and the RIM-145 Surface to Air Long Range Anti Air System.

The 5th Fleet had more than what Aaryn could see going into place. The 45 ships were deployed a such:

-1x Rhodok Super Carrier: RNV Grunwalder + on board Aircraft.
-2x Rhodok Marine Carrier: RNV Ellian, RNV Ysueth, With on board
Aircraft (VTOL + Helicopters Only)
-2x Dreadnoughts
-5x Guided Missile Destroyers
-7 Corvette Small Missile Ships (Nanuchka-III)
-7 Corvette Small PDCIWS Ship (Tarantul-III)
-4 Cargo Ships
-3 Submarine (Missile)
-3 Submarine (Torpedo)
-10 PT boats attached to the 2 Rhodok Marine Carriers

***This doesn't include the 6th Flotilla (Transportation) ships which are holding the soldiers of the Battlegroup 103***
Last edited by Rhodokan Republic on Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This Nation is based on the very fictional nation of the Kingdom of the Rhodoks but created for the modern age.

The Republic of Rhodok is a Elective Monarchy which their currently elected leader is Lady Aaryn Kastor

Vymar
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vymar » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:46 pm

(OOC : Since Stojam will be leaving us, I will be assuming the role of The Zaferlani Nationalists)

The skies were filled with a blue hue with some spots of white fluff slowly passing through its benevolent existence. The green fields lay in stark contrast to the blue and yet, fit in seamlessly. Upon these fields laid a soldier with his gun rested upon the base of the large S-200 system that he was in charge of manning. A brown bottle slipped from his hand and made small but noticeable indent in the grass as hard liquor slipped away from the mouth of the glass. Typically, alcohol was not allowed during the manning of a SAM system, however it was very easy to smuggle in a bottle or two. He stumbled forward before shaking his head as to regain consciousness than slipped and fell down flat on his face.

Within the combat center, another soldier sat staring at a screen blankly. This one had taken from their captain's stash, and way more than his fair share. Three bottles were smashed next to his feet, dangerously close to his feet which were only protected by his tattered socks. As here stared, the spiral of the radar screen lead him into a sort of trance until something on the radar caught his eye. A radar signature had entered into range and looked as if it was circling around the same area. Little did the soldier know, the aircraft was circling around the Zaferlani coast for a while. But in his drunken stupor, he was too wasted to clearly see the dot.

In a drunken rage he stomped his feet downwards, frustrated that he was so stupid as to let himself get carried away by the bitter smooth taste of Zaferlani liquor. However, his feet also managed to stomp on the broken glass that lay about him. He screamed in agony recoiling back and hitting his head on the lockers behind him; not only leaving him with cut up feet but a red swelling bump on the back of his head. Blood stained the floor as attempted to get back up, each step sending a stinging pain through his toes to his heel. He swept away the glass with his hands to not repeat the mistake as he plopped himself back into his chair.

He stared back at the dot which seemed to be attempting to leave the range of the radar system. He looked outside, watching his comrade still slumped over face first in the grassy dirt then looked back at the radar screen. Drunkenly, he reached for the small telephone to his right to call upon his commander for clearance. As he dialed the numbers to contact his commander, he unknowingly let his finger slip, dialing a number that didn't exist.

As the sound of a blatant static filled his ears, his drunken mind skipped to the most ludicrous position. That plane just killed the commander. He stared back onto the screen, and his drunken anger returned to him. This time not at himself, but at the dot. He shouted the dot down, calling it Vymarian scum, damning its mothers, brothers, sisters and fathers. Spit filled the radar screen until he came to a stunning climax.

Outside, the soldier with his face in the dirt just began to wake up and get his bearings. He walked right behind the S-200's Missile as the engine activated, filling his vision with fire and smoke as his clothes were incinerated into his skin. The missile shot off into the sky as he began ripping his clothes off and rolling in the dirt in an attempt to rid himself of the flames that were consuming him. He shot up, grabbed his rifle, flames still biting at his skin, only less so. He stomped towards the door, angry with his hair looking like the remnants of a dying campfire and kicked the door open. He saw his comrade wrapping up a bloodied foot and brown glass surrounding him on all sides.

His comrade looked up and suddenly gave an immediate expression of fear just as the room was filled with a loud banging noise that rattled his eardrums before they cut out and there was... nothing. The only living soldier was now the one with the rifle, anger still in his eyes and tense shoulders. Suddenly, the phone began ringing beside him and fear began swirling around the soldier. His eyes darted from his dead comrade to the ringing phone. While it wasn't clear if it was getting more violent, the soldier felt a sense of urgency and darted his hand to the phone and snapped it to his head.

At first, a silent static filled his ears.

The outside world seemed to be ignorant to the current escalating conflict. The breeze blowing by peacefully as it was interrupted briefly by another loud popping noise from within the cabin. The trail left by the SAM still lingering somewhere in the distance.
Proud Member of OSAN

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:50 pm

Legatian Imperial Navy
Above Zaferlani Airspace
Electronic Warfare Squadron SEQ-41 "Kniferiders"- Callsign Viper

The cruise had been performing as expected- they had received radar pings for a number of times, the Lieutenant in the back taking a note of every single ping and its location to the aircraft. The pair of Peregrines had maintained their altitude as they entered the coastal regions of the country, gently maneuvering east and west and east again in a sweep.

"..RADAR." The computerized female voice resounded through the cockpit, the Lieutenant sighing. "Another contact. She's getting annoying." It repeated, a monotonous "RADAR" echoing again in ten second intervals. "..Same site, too. Kinda long." Looking off to the ground and then back, he felt a similar annoyance in the other bird a few hundred feet off their wing.

"RADAR. WARNING."

"Radar warning? One of them's active." The Commander glanced back, her hand tensing on the stick for a moment. They had received these warnings all the way in. "RADAR. WARNING." The second tone indicated that it was definitely tracking them- and them specifically. Looking down to her sensors for a brief moment,she glanced back, and as the interval came, the tone for a warning did not come. A sigh of relief came from her before the cockpit blared.

"WARNING. MISSILE. WARNING. WARNING."

"Minerva, Viper 5 defensive, defensive!" Throwing her afterburner on, the horn waned in the bird as their wingmate rolled under them and pulled east, the sound of his afterburners being put on thrown out of his eardrums by their own engines throwing flames behind them. A short clunk and the fuel tanks attached to the tips dropped.

"Viper 5, Minerva, I read, I read, egress north 030 immediate-"

The proximity alarms blared the transmission as the missile rapidly closed its distance. "COUNTER. COUNTER." The Lieutenant quickly flipped the switches on the radar jammers, which would be a gamble at this range. The pilot pulled the stick back and tore the airplane into a near 8 g turn, throwing flares behind the aircraft and punching the throttle to full afterburner as the airplane drifted midair. A white streak flew past the tail end within feet of the aircraft, condensation about the fuselage collecting as the turn terminated.

"-NING, WARNING, OVER-G."

"Minerva, Viper Five, one evaded! Viper 4?!"

"Viper Four-....fensive!" Glancing over her left shoulder, Four was going in spins to avoid the thing." "I can't shake i-" A rumble came over. "Hit, hit! Viper Four hit!" The Lieutenant's mouth parted in fear as the bird caught flame. "Viper Four, come in!"

"This is Four, we're still here! I'm loosing control, left wing controls are jammed and my engines are out." Smoke trailed from the battered aircraft, currently fighting to maintain level against the locked ailerons of its left wing.

"Four, this is Minerva, can you egress out further?"

"..Minerva, this is four, I can't put this thing anywhere near proper glide. We're gonna have to ditch inland, grid is as follows.." The radio fizzled out, Five watching helplessly as the bird sank. Moments later, three quick white flashes came from the spiraling jet, who then sunk into a nosedive towards the ground.

"..This is Five, we have eyes on two chutes. We can't loiter for long but we'll remain on station. Cannon's all we got."

"Affirmative Five, stand by. We're getting a force out there." The Lieutenant gripped her stick and swallowed hard.

Legatian Imperial Navy
Tashe Gulf, 70 nautical miles from the shore of Vymar
Fleet VIII, Task Force IX- AHC-6 Mare- Vespasian-class amphibious assault ship
Marine Medium Rotorwing Squadron MRM-814 "Caravan", Marine Medium Attack Rotorwing MRHA-142 "Red Surfers"

The deck was ablaze with activity as helicopters were rushed onto the top deck. With the rapidity the CSAR mission called for, the minimum was rushed onto the top deck- a single Tarquis helicopter and two Pierce attack choppers, loaded light with a full load of rockets, two AGMs and two AAMs each. Deckhands heaved and loaded the rockets and munitions into place, cycled the 20 mm gun aboard the Pierces, and topped fuel.

The situation below deck was no less hectic. Alarms blared throughout the Mare, the sound of general quarters throwing the whole ship into a heave. In a rush from the ready room, a group of six pilots stormed through the hallways, strapping on their flight vests and throwing on their helmets as they shoved past sailors and up the stairs, to the catwalks and entering a dead sprint on the flight deck towards the birds. The Tarquis, afforded their crew chiefs, knelt at their positions near the door guns of the helicopter as they urged the pilots forward. Overhead at a fever pitch, a flight of six Peregrines roared at full afterburner towards the shores, loaded with air to air and HARM loadouts. Sliding into the cockpits of their helicopters, the payload bays of the attack helicopters were lowered and locked, ignitions shot and engines started. The Pierces reached a full spool first, but ended up drowned out by the rotors of the Tarquis, as other helicopters were rolled onto deck behind them. A group of Marines- flight corpsmen and a few infantrymen with light gear- huddled into the Tarquis as the door was slammed shut and locked, the pilots adjusting the engines on the deck.

"Broadwing lead, Broadwing 1, 3, call status."

"Green." Both pilots quickly answered, the deckhands rushing off from the helicopters.

"Fleet air traffic Mare, request immediate departure on southern vector, Broadwing flight of three."

"Fleet air, Broadwing flight; clear for lift and departure, expedite. You've got air cover all the way in- get in and get out."

"Roger, out." In a formation they lifted directly off of the pads and forward, gaining airspeed quickly as they raced towards shore. The Peregrines would saturate any air defense attention as they maintained in the area, in addition to making gun runs if required to stave off enemy locations. The flight of 3 would fly very fast, and very low- while the attack helicopters would be best suited to stave off any ground assault on the downed pilots, the Tarquis would get in, get the pilots, and bug out under the mass of air cover. The stakes were high- and time was short.

Demitor
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Demitor » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:26 pm

Somewhere above Zalferlani's coastline
101th Interceptor Squadron, flying F-5 Freedom Fighters, callsign "Red"

It was a normal patrol, quiet, nothing much to write home about. The six F-5E Tiger II's cruised along at a slow pace, flying the same track they always have. They weren't watching their radars, as two weeks of watching civilian air traffic and friendly aircraft has given them a sense of safety, that nothing can and will not go long for as long as the deployment lasted. They were relying on three ground based radar stations for direction, as AWACS aircraft hadn't been deployed to the coastline yet.

Then, a frantic voice came over the communications frequency that they share with the nationalist government, and all the pilots could hear the frantic voices of Zaferlani air defense troops chatting among each other. They had heard about the missile launch, but reports of a group of ships out to sea by X band radars on the coastline hadn't returned many signatures to identify them from everyone else in the conflict.

Then, one of the pilots looked down at his radar screen, and his eyes widened. He frantically got on the mike, and talked to his fellow pilots. "Guys, we have some contacts on my screen....Anyone else have them?" The other pilots looked down at their screens, and over the next thirty seconds the contacts were confirmed. Then, the call over the radio that nobody wanted. It was a call for a general scramble of the entire squadron, directing them to head about five miles off the coastline, as the contacts the pilots were all talking about went ballistic and shocked the ground radar controllers. Getting vectors from the ground stations, the six F-5's, being closest to the pinpointed location where they were being called to, threw on afterburners and went full dash speed to the site. Thirteen more F-5's were on their way, in various stages of scramble, though half of them were going guns only.

The main fighter force was stationed at the nationalist capital, and although they had been alerted by the ground stations on the coast, the commanders at the main base felt like most of those contacts were just large flight of birds or phantom contacts.

The pilots searched with their eyes in the clouds for anyone or anything that could have triggered such as massive response from the ground radar controllers, and after a minute or so they were starting to think it was a trick. The tower controllers are known to have played games with fighter pilots in the past back home in Demitor, but never on a deployment. That shows how non concerned everyone was in actuality with the whole situation.

Then, one of the pilots directed everyone's attention to about six o'clock low out to sea. He saw tiny little black specks moving along the water, seemingly heading inland. He keyed up on the mic to contact the ground radar stations, but not before the radar contact warnings went off the chart. Something out there was tracking them, and, as they all realized at the same time, they weren't going to be friendly.

A small village along the coastline of Zaferlani
Eight miles from the downed pilot's location
38th Mechanized Division, 3rd Calvary Regiment.

Reports came in all the time. There was two parachutes spotted off in the distance from where this small checkpoint had been, and it was known that the Zaferlani's had shot down something, but nobody knows what. They had been puzzled over the entire situation, as even with helicopters searching the area, nobody was found. Everyone was getting frustrated, but nobody was more frustrated than the commanders responsible for safeguarding this are from any other state actors. Three hundred troops were stationed here, part of the small force stationed along the coast to specially guard it from anybody who isn't allowed by the Demitorians.

After a long time of patrolling troops, helicopters, and small boats along streams,they had finally managed to narrow down a perimeter, from a mile to almost half a mile where the parachutes went down.

They had some false leads, leading to even more fustration.

The Demtorians then resumed the search for the pilots a little while after chasing off the false leads. Then, the alarm was raised as inbound helicopters and fighter jets sent the entirety of the Demtorians on the coast into full air defense mode. They, however, left a air defense gap, a small one, over the nearby town's small dock. That part of the line was held only by radar directed CWIS, and a few older SAM systems.

The central government leadership in Zaferlani, however, took notice, and by the end of the next 24 hours, he would have almost an entire division there, bar they loose the pilots or the defenses along the coast get crushed. They hoped that whoever these people were, that they still believed Demitorian presence in Zaferlani was only a few advisers and supplied weapons, and nothing else.

They were all hopeful, but they will have to wait and see who the parachutes actually belonged to.
Last edited by Demitor on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Every's man's man.

Semparia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Semparia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:04 am

(Tag)
It has literally been 2 years since I last played this game. Hopefully now I RP better.

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:38 pm

Legatian Imperial Navy
Tashe Gulf, Littoral regions, Zaferlan
Strike Fighter Squadron SFA-119 "Mountain Wolves"- Callsign Capitoline

The flight of 6 F/A-008N Navarch Peregrines had torn across the Tashe Gulf in eight minutes since their scramble time. Flying in tight formation and rushing headlong into the fray, the pilots of the strike jets had little time to react. AWACS was in the air immediately after their departure- but it didn't take more than the fleet's own radar subsystems to measure the volume of response. Flying just short of Mach speed, the fighters were armed to the teeth- 10 hardpoints per jet all loaded with a mix of anti-radiation missiles and a mix of active and infared air to air missiles. The fangs painted on the nose of the lead bird lead the way, marking their intention, as they maintained their spacing.

"Capitoline Flight, Vulture 41. Bogey flight of six on angels six on course for intercept with Broadwing Flight. Standing by for PID."

"Capitoline 31 copies for Vulture. Overlord advise, how copy?"

"Overlord copies. Hold current bearing and wait for PID." The Air Operations Officer monitored the situation through the CIC onboard the Arcosta. Beside him was the Vice Admiral, staring gruffly over his shoulders in discontent with the situation. A born and bred surface warfare officer, the Admiral had little to do with tactical direction of aircraft, which only further furrowed his brow as he watched with painstaking anxiety. The six marks converged closer with every sweep of the radar, rapidly closing.

"..Vulture 41, bogey signatures identified as military aircraft closing that vector on Broadwing rapidly. They are maneuvering to engage." This fact was known beforehand, but it did nothing to remove the tension from its announcement. The AOO had a very, very important choice to make. Those fighters could well be hostile, and against helicopters it would be a gamble. The Admiral turned, ensuring the entire fleet had assumed battle stations, and once doing so he turned back. The AOO looked to the Admiral, quietly. "..Sir, I'm quite sure you know the magnitude of this situation. We need to make a choice and we need it made now."

The Peregrines tore into range of their targets as the gap between all three forces continued to condense. The radio in the control room crackled. "Capitoline flight has radar contact on bandits. Requesting orders."

The admiral looked only for a moment.. and then nodded. The AOO reacted immediately. "..Capitoline flight, this is Overlord. Clear fire. Kill, over."

"..Overlord, say again."

"..This is Overlord, I say again. Clear fire. Kill. Over."

"..Roger. Capitoline flight vectoring to engage time now." The six Peregrines showed the curve on their tracks, pulling onto the rear of the F-5s. "..Fox three!"

"Fox three!" "Fox three!" "Fox three out!" A volley of AIM-120Ds tore away with a woosh, arcing towards the targets with rapidity and closing the already short distance incredibly quick. Broadwing's call for immediate evasive was drowned over the weapons release announces. The Admiral quickly set into action as the bridge went wild.

Legatian Imperial Navy
Tashe Gulf, Littoral regions, Zaferlan
Fleet VIII, Task Force IX- SSGN-99 Pugio-Ensis-class guided missile fast attack submarine

The commander of the Pugio received the call immediately. The orders were simple and already discussed. SAM sites across all of Zaferlan had been pinpointed not only by satellite intelligence but by Viper's own Wild Weasel flight. If it were to be something to save those pilots, they had already done it.

Of course the flight knew the open corridor. It was too opportune a path to take to the target. A corridor of death. The odds weren't with them, and where there was a will there was a way.

The way came fifteen seconds after the order had been received. Steel hatches shot open as LAG/M cruise missiles shot from their tubes aboard Pugio, ripping out of the water merely twenty miles from the shore and racing towards their targets. The first few would neutralize anti-air in a wide enough corridor for Broadwing's flight to be uninhibited. The submarine would continue to engage anything in range of the fighters as a precautionary measure- anything beyond that terminal range would be dealt with by the HARMs. Another flight was already incoming, loaded for SEAD and CAP just as well as the first six were, in addition to ground attack roles to support the exfiltration. The air wing of the Arcosta would be brought absolutely to bear to bring their men home.
Last edited by Legatia on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents