NATION

PASSWORD

Hearts of Iron with hints of Nationstates?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Laynekraine
Civilian

Founded: Dec 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Hearts of Iron with hints of Nationstates?

Postby Laynekraine » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:15 am

Hey all. Just curious if there are any nerds out there who may know of a game that is like hearts of iron, but has mroe political aspects like nationstates?

The Peoples Dominion of Torjthistan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples Dominion of Torjthistan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:18 am

That's something I'd like to see too. I did once mod Torjthistan into HOI4: Millennium Dawn out of desperation
Last edited by The Peoples Dominion of Torjthistan on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poverty-stricken, apocalyptic cesspool of nuclear waste, vast steppe and mountains being ruined by state-run industry, horrifying detention centers filled with innocent people, an insane religious cult centered on a sadistic dictator, mass public executions, nightmarish soviet-era industrial cities, and constant international tension and civil wars. Book your tickets today, just don't expect to go back home the way you got here.

Pro: Secularism, Left-Wing, LGBTQI, Alter-Globalization, Alt-Energy, Education, Israel, Death Penalty in Certain Cases, Environmentalism
Anti: Religious Fundamentalism, Neo-Conservatism, Fascism, Stalinism, Trumpism, Bigotry, Alt-Right, Dogmatic Vegans, Hamas, Selective Morality

The Underground Movement Union
Senator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:19 am

The absolute closest I could get to such a thing is EU IV with extended timeline & with all/most of the DLC's. I don't know a game where you could get much closer.
Last edited by The Underground Movement Union on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dawetid
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dawetid » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:22 am

If you want politics (reforms etc) and a population/economy system, and still interact with the world, I would go for Victoria.
For mainly internal affairs from the perspective of a person instead of a country, I recommend CK2.
There are some people that are there purely to oppose everything I say or do.
Samudera Darussalam wrote:Banned because all hail ban-hammer, the only true ruler and savior of this thread.

[REDACTED] wrote:Although, let's talk about your obsession with ŋ, k, and j.

Discord server has risen again. Come join!

The Peoples Dominion of Torjthistan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples Dominion of Torjthistan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:30 am

Just hope you don't mind the Paradox DLC policy...
Poverty-stricken, apocalyptic cesspool of nuclear waste, vast steppe and mountains being ruined by state-run industry, horrifying detention centers filled with innocent people, an insane religious cult centered on a sadistic dictator, mass public executions, nightmarish soviet-era industrial cities, and constant international tension and civil wars. Book your tickets today, just don't expect to go back home the way you got here.

Pro: Secularism, Left-Wing, LGBTQI, Alter-Globalization, Alt-Energy, Education, Israel, Death Penalty in Certain Cases, Environmentalism
Anti: Religious Fundamentalism, Neo-Conservatism, Fascism, Stalinism, Trumpism, Bigotry, Alt-Right, Dogmatic Vegans, Hamas, Selective Morality

Conoga
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Conoga » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:04 am

Balance of Power (1985, 1989)
Conflict: Middle East Political Simulator (1990)
Crisis in the Kremlin (1991)
Shadow President (1993)
Super Power 2 (Really bad (2004))

If you're content to tip Hearts of Iron off the boat, Democracy 2 and 3 are OK.
Last edited by Conoga on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Arts & Fiction