NATION

PASSWORD

Best Coffee Joints?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

The Best is?

Starbucks
11%
Dunkin
11%
Tim Hortons
16%
7-11 / Circle K/ Quik Trip
3%
Caribou
No votes
The Coffee Bean
3%
Some Small Business/Local Chain
47%
McDonalds
11%

Total votes : 38

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Best Coffee Joints?

Postby Major-Tom » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:22 pm

It's six am. You're deliriously sleep deprived, as is normal, and are craving a store-bought cup of joe. Where do you go for that perfect coffee to get you to half-assedly meander through the day? Starbucks? Dunkin Donuts? Some hipster coffee shop where the barista charges $12.50 for a "nitro cold brew?"

As for myself, I find myself at Dunkin Donuts every time I'd rather get something store-bought than use my espresso maker. The prices, the taste, and even just the feeling of going for a $1.50 coffee and a cheap bagel brightens up my morning for a fleeting minute. Starbucks be damned!

What say y'all?

Likar
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Likar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Tim hortons is more a Canadian chain, but im more local.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Muslim and proud!
Your Local Dank Meme Lord™
Classical(ish) Liberal
Seriously, why are you looking at this.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:25 pm

Likar wrote:Tim hortons is more a Canadian chain, but im more local.

Lots of Tim Hortons in New England, too. I quite like Tim Hortons, there just aren't any in my state.

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:26 pm

McDonald's :rofl:
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Starbucks: Not keen on them.

Dunkin: We don't have them here.

Tim Hortons: We don't have them here.

7-11 / Circle K/ Quik Trip: We don't have them here.

Caribou: We don't have them here.

The Coffee Bean: We don't have them here.

Some Small Business/Local Chain: Expensive. Very expensive.

McDonalds: McDonalds coffee is generally shite.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Telconi wrote:McDonald's :rofl:

You'd be surprised at the number of people who choose McDonalds for coffee. I mean, it isn't great, but it's cheap, and I can see the appeal.

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rusozak » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:31 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Telconi wrote:McDonald's :rofl:

You'd be surprised at the number of people who choose McDonalds for coffee. I mean, it isn't great, but it's cheap, and I can see the appeal.

I'm by no means a coffee connoisseur. The rare few times I do drink coffee I do choose McDonald's because it's cheap and I know what I'm getting.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

The Great Imperator Jeffrey
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Great Imperator Jeffrey » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:32 pm

Dunkin Donuts, not because of the coffee but because of the doughnuts.
The Imperium is ruled by God-Imperator Jeffrey the Conqueror of Universes, Rightful Ruler of All, and Supreme Leader for All Eternity. The God-Imperator has control over a significant portion of the multiverse. Everyone is oppressed.
A Class 0.143 Civilization according to this index.
(Tier: 14 Type: 14)

Technology Level: FFT
Alignment: Lawful Evil
NS stats are a conspiracy against me.

HAIL THE IMPERATOR!

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011

Postby Bombadil » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:37 pm

The best coffee I had was at around 6am in the morning in Tokyo when I had to catch a plane, nothing was really open so I thought I might as well get a vending machine coffee from the underground station even though it was winter and it'd be cold but a shot of caffeine would do..

..except it came out piping hot.. omg, I was so happy and even though I'm sure it tasted like strained marmoset poo it was early, it was cold and I really just wanted a hot coffee and Japan cared.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:42 pm

I don't like coffee but felt like posting here anyway to flaunt my specialness.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008

Postby Shofercia » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:43 pm

Major-Tom wrote:It's six am. You're deliriously sleep deprived, as is normal, and are craving a store-bought cup of joe. Where do you go for that perfect coffee to get you to half-assedly meander through the day? Starbucks? Dunkin Donuts? Some hipster coffee shop where the barista charges $12.50 for a "nitro cold brew?"

As for myself, I find myself at Dunkin Donuts every time I'd rather get something store-bought than use my espresso maker. The prices, the taste, and even just the feeling of going for a $1.50 coffee and a cheap bagel brightens up my morning for a fleeting minute. Starbucks be damned!

What say y'all?

Coffee? That's what interns are for! :P
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:44 pm

If I have to choose one, I choose Costa.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Lokari
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lokari » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:46 pm

7/11 is probably my number 1 place to go for a fast coffee or fast breakfast because I live right next to one. The coffee is pretty good, too, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Uiiop » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Can i pick best joints for their non-coffee options?
#NSTransparency

Kramanica
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kramanica » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:57 pm

Best coffee I ever had came from this small diner in my hometown.
Running out of nation names faster than I can think of them
American National Syndicalist
"B-but gun control works in Australia..."

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:07 pm

I find rolling coffee into my joints to be unpleasant, but there's a THC infused chocolate covered espresso bean I rather...

...oh, not that kind of joint.

There's a local one in my home town I rather liked but mostly because of a gelatto espresso mix they'd make. The one across from the theater I use to be a projectionist at was good, too. Mostly because they made a mocha that tasted more like hot chocolate than coffee. I don't do caffeine anymore so I don't know what's good in my 'hood. No local shit, I'd have to choose between Coffee Bean or whatever it's called and Starbucks. Our first Dunkin' just opened...I prefer independent donut shops, their sandwiches somehow are always better. Don't know how that works. You'd think corporate could figure out a fucking egg on a croissant.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:22 pm

All hail God emperor Tim hortons. All other answers are heresy. If anyone answers anything other than Tim hortons, The Canadain Inquisition will track your ip and come to your hoouse via mooseback and take you in for questioning.

Lokari
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lokari » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:28 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:All hail God emperor Tim hortons. All other answers are heresy. If anyone answers anything other than Tim hortons, The Canadain Inquisition will track your ip and come to your hoouse via mooseback and take you in for questioning.

I didn't expect some type of Canadian Inquisition.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:29 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:All hail God emperor Tim hortons. All other answers are heresy. If anyone answers anything other than Tim hortons, The Canadain Inquisition will track your ip and come to your hoouse via mooseback and take you in for questioning.

No, they'll apologize for interrupting your day and ask what they can do to make your Tim Horton's experience better. When they leave they'll give you $50 Canadian worth of coupons at Tim Horton's.
Last edited by Farnhamia on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008

Postby Shofercia » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Lokari wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q83Jqd2h0Yg
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:33 pm

I don't drink coffee, but I personally prefer Tim Hortons because of their super delicious donuts.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Lokari wrote:

NO ONE EXPECTS THE CANADIAN INQUISITION!

Our chief weapon is surprise and fear. Fear and surprise and ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical dedication to the Tim Hortans and The Prime minster.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Luziyca wrote:I don't drink coffee, but I personally prefer Tim Hortons because of their super delicious donuts.

"I don't often drink coffee, but when I do ... stay caffeinated, my friends."
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Lokari
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lokari » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:37 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Lokari wrote:I didn't expect some type of Canadian Inquisition.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE CANADIAN INQUISITION!

Our chief weapon is surprise and fear. Fear and surprise and ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical dedication to the Tim Hortans and The Prime minster.

NOBODY expects the Canadian Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise... surprise and fear... fear and surprise - Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency.... Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Prime Minister.... Our four ...no... Amongst our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry... are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:41 pm

I am in NYC so we have some very good coffee places, my fav9rite is a place called khave in hell's kitchen, very good coffee and very nice people. If I am going for Italian coffee and a pastry, it's venaro's in the east villiage.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General