NATION

PASSWORD

Bantland Colonization Thread (Private)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Schreiner
Attaché

Founded: Jun 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Bantland Colonization Thread (Private)

Postby Schreiner » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:49 am

You exchange your Rare Colonization Pepe card to the dealer at the Bantland Internal Oversight Services, who hands you a hastily written document.

Greetings, [Instert Colonist's Name Here] and congratulations on your purchase of uninhabited or unused Bantland territory.
You have worked hard to earn this Rare Pepe, and the international community recognizes your work as such. That is cause for a great celebration. But know that your journey of imperialistic domination has only started. The path ahead of you holds danger and peril unlike the which you have seen before. It is very likely that you and your people will all die horrible, drawn-out deaths at the hands of disease and filthy natives, not to mention the odd chance of natural disaster and famine. But your lives are worth the expansion of your glorious country is it not?
Kthxbye

You are sent off to your boat with your crew, and you go set sale to your newfound home.

Fren Republic
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Journal of Captain Adrian Apustaja: Log 1

Postby Fren Republic » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:27 pm

For centuries our eyes have been fixed towards this place, and now it is my boots on the ground as the first fren to enter the land of our ancestors. I feel the weight of each and every one of my hard-working countrymen on my shoulders, the dreams of our fathers and grandfathers who would gaze longingly at the horizon in search of this place, waiting for the storms surrounding our promised land to settle enough for this expedition to commence. Our journey may have been a long one but the ship is still in perfect shape, the men are full of vigour and my spirits stand as firm as my benis, protruding proudly in the sun like a horizontal flagpole.

Already we have set to work on the first settlements of Newfrenland (the name I decided on back when I first learned to navigate the ocean 33 years ago). Our grand log cabins are like monuments to me, resemblant of the homes built by the very first generations of the Apustaja and Giv'Jiyeff tribes when they first settled in jungles just like these. I find it incredible that so much plant life was able to flourish after the severity of the storm that wiped out our old civilisation. Not even a trace of the ruined cities remain and yet this land is identical to the rainforests we settled in all those generations ago. By no means am I a religious man but I too felt the calling to this promised land, and looking upon it now the only word I can use to describe our fortune is "blessed".

As I write this entry I can see the hunters and fishermen returning with their hauls, it appears we'll be dining on exotic seafood and tapirs for the forseeable future. The construction of our crop farms are going predictably swimmingly - it's not our finest trade for nothing - but it will be a short while before we can expect Newfrenland-grown vegetables on our plate. I have no doubt that by the time our people expand across the island that we'll already be feeding livestock back at the base camp here in... come to think of it, I ought to start naming these settlements we're founding as well. It won't be too long before they blossom into thriving towns after all. I'll need to spare some thought in coming up with appropriate titles.

Return to NationStates