NATION

PASSWORD

Hunting the Tiger [FT, Closed, ATTN: Vipra, Sato]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Huerdae
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Hunting the Tiger [FT, Closed, ATTN: Vipra, Sato]

Postby Huerdae » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:21 pm

Sarkosh City, Sarkosh
Harzish System, Razon Conflict Sector

One their approach to Sarkosh City, Ik'Idassen had gotten quite a good look at the mass of buildings that was a city. It was a hodgepodge mesh of two cultures. First, the Razon nation that had once existed here, then the Huerdaen who had fought over it for years on end. This city encompassed bothe, with rounded spires of the Razon rising out of the slowly expanding mass of Huerdaen modular construction, slowly seeming to rise and consume it. Several buildings had only one or two floors above the mass of black structures before they were capped in the elaborate rounded domes, and yet that very suddenly dropped off, where battle damage and destruction separated it from the Razon sector. It looked like someone had taken a giant blade and slashed through the city, leaving a massive gash that exposed the sides and internals of several buildings on both sides. It was clearly an orbital strike, some sort of beam cutting through the city that had no chance of defense against it. At the time, it had been a terrible massacre, but it made the city a thing of interest on approach. It also served to house thousands of people who didn't belong anywhere else.

Even as they passed over it to the well-maintained rail yard on the Huerdaen side, she could see the small fires in barrels as night was coming, and figures huddled around them. It was a partially lawless sector, a scar on the city and the world that had not yet fully been healed. She'd be tempted to say they hadn't tried, but she knew better than to assume that regarding the Viprans. No doubt, they simply had larger concerns to worry about. There were seemingly hundreds of ways that had already been rebuilt over the chasm to cross between the two sides, with large, reinforced bridges for freight, and a number of smaller footpaths. One or two even appeared to have been crafted by locals, either for personal use or for something a little less than lawful.

The far side was the Razon half, the Spires. Most of the city had built up before Vipran or Huerdaen influence, and much of the city still stood as a proud monument to their architecture. The Huerdaen 'rat maze', as it was often called, centered mostly around the industrial sectors, with major corporations paying large sums to rule from up in the towers that still poked out of the mass of hardened boxes. They controlled several of the remaining massive factories the Huerdaen had used for munitions and vehicles in the past, repurposing them for more civilian needs now that the fighting had finally ended.

On the Razon side, things were less overtely competitive. Most of the people lived across the scar, descending into the Rat Maze only for work or to make use of the large transit hub that still existed there. It brought a strange sort of dynamic to the city, with the close proximity of the rat maze suddenly sheared off and traversed by always-packed thoroughfares between the two sides. It was something of an amazing dynamic that Ik'Idassen openly appreciated as she looked on. Behind her, the General spoke, gruffly.

"Ik, sit down. You're acting like a tourist."

Chuckling, she just shrugged and nodded. "I am, aren't I? We're just here to meet people, it's as close to tourism as I've ever gotten."

She turned to the man where he sat, in a common businessman's suit for the area, sitting calmly as the railcar raced over above the city and began its descent toward the Rat Maze, where they would change rails to go to the Razon side to get to the hotel. They were alone in the train car, having come in and taken the time and effort to bypass the worst of the Vipran security with their local contacts.

Most of the time, it would seem that a place like this would have limited security, where three cultures clashed, but the truth of the matter was that the Viprans never let down their guard in this sector any more than the Huerdaen did. So instead of having three seperate systems all trying to watch for intrustion in their own areas, you ended up with three seperate systems all overlapping to create a maze of defenses and loopholes that became an excessive pile of routes and re-routes to avoid detection. It had taken almost two days to finally get everything in order to actually enter the city, and they couldn't be sure they hadn't been flagged somewhere along the way. Still, the small team didn't LOOK like any trouble, so the chances of being picked out were a bit less likely.

So she stood at the wall of the rail car watching the vehicle descend into the blood-red lighting of the Rat maze. Enclosed as it was, the lights in the car suddenly went from mid-afternoon daylight to a crushing dark. The sudden shift caused Ik'Idassen to grip the upright pole next to her tightly, in case of unseen turns, but the ride continued smoothly, flashing through the underground complex like a bolt of lighting in a night sky. After a second, yellow lights came on, flickering to life as if an afterthought, bathing the inside in an almost foreign color. With the strange lighting, she turned to look over the other passengers, the railcar empty except her security team, and the man they had to protect.

It really was a bit of an odd group. Sergeant Sanada was her right-hand man, and despite being an orange-furred kitsune who pretty much matched the ideal kitsune tod of his age, with the exception that his tail had been amputated so he could wear the powered armor of the Imperial Shield. He sat at the far end of the rail car, opposite her, with his eyes out the windows, depite the light reflecting back to them in the low-light settings. His ears were up, but not in the playful way one would normally see among kitsune. Instead, he was alert, and his eyes were hard, as if he was simply waiting for someone to show up so he could punch them. He was angry most of the time, deadly-serious, and had no sense of humor. He was dressed in a laborer's overalls, and sat next to a solid metal lunch box, concealing the broken down Siren pistol, the only weapon they had snuck through security for this leg of the trip.

Near the entry was Si'Akai, a much younger girl, just fresh out of boot. She had dyed her hair a bright green, with blue tips that shone in the dark, matching up with the standard Huerdaen raver girl, and had picked out a set of clothes that matched the appearance, showing off both her navel and shoulders. Her 'shirt', such as it was, was a bright blue cloth wrap that displayed the undersides of her breasts and shimmered in the same blue as her hair with every movement that shot tiny currents through the material, and was supplemented by a black vest that held it all in place and hung by a single golden clasp in the front. She wore jet black trousers that clung to her hips and shone with the same blue, but were wide enough to completely hide the contours of her legs as she sat with her feet up on a nearby seat, arms crossed behind her head as she napped contentedly across three seats.

Ik'Idassen wasn't dressed to any particular archetype. In fact, she hadn't tried to conceal herself at all. She wore her own clothes, from when she was back on Pantos, living in one of the suburbs of the capital. Browns and grays in light clothing, including a long jacket and trousers with pockets, where one hand was calmly stuffed. What made her stand out was her height, standing at 5'8", she towered over the others, and her naturally red hair made that even more obvious. Most wouldn't pick her out as Huerdaen at all, but most homeworlders didn't join the Shield, or any other Arm for that matter. Her hair was also let down, reaching down to the center of her back in long strands, and carefully brushed. It was comfortable, for once, almost like leave if not for the empty holsters hidden under the jacket against either side of her torso, waiting to pick up their gear.

Just as suddenly as they had disappeared into the rat maze, the vehicle came to a stop, using the inertial dampers to make them barely feel the sharp decelleration. They were there only a moment before the car shifted to a different track, giving them less than ten seconds to see the rest of the railcraft starting to disembark, before their own shot off into the darkness once more.

And then they were out in the light again, rushing across the chasm out of one of the jagged cuts in the Huerdaen structures. The blast had cut straight down, leaving whole sections open to the wind, and she could see among them people sheltering from the elements, with makeshift ladders and pathways granting access to the oddly-exposed unnatural shelters, like a cross-section of a honeycomb with the bees still living within. But what was before them caught her attention before they got anywhere near the heart of it. When the Huerdaen withdrew, the people of Razon went back to building their own home, so some of the construction was new, merely...attached to the Huerdaen rat maze that loomed like a dead beast over the new heart of the city. Roads and paths led to ground level and hundreds aerial walkways or roads for light traffic led up into the brightly-colored spires of red and gold, stitching the two halves of the wounded city together like barely-holding sutures.

The view was breathtaking, as they shot between the glittering rounded domes on either side, headed toward the far side. An open-air market passed on their left, with thousands of people buying and selling in one of the richer parts of the city, exposed to the bright sun and gentle winds, and able to look across the entirety of the city where they bartered and sold. Nearby, she caught a glimpse of one of the restaurants that was famous for its view down into the chasm, built on the underside of a platform and held in place by artificial gravity. Culture, despite the two militant nations that had vied for the planet for years, still thrived, turning death and horror into a beauty all its own, of a world rebuilding.

All too soon, though, the trip was over, and their railcar came to a stop near the bottom of one of the spires - an area for middle class, possibly a little luckier. The small group hurried out to see a few other cars that had connected to theirs, as they disembarked, and for a moment, she watched the other people, until a barking yell caught her attention.

"Ik!"

Garosch drew more attention than she wanted, and stormed up to her in an attempt to appear friendly. With a solid punch, he slammed his fist into her upper arm, then threw an akward hug around her, and proceeded to shake the hands of the others, pulling them along to get them away from the rest of the crowds.

"We're this way. All your luggage already arrived. I'm glad you could come."

Despite his words, his tone was gruff and practiced, as if he didn't really mean what he said. Still, he made a concerted effort to get them out away from the others and into private quickly, where he let the act drop at the first moment it was possible, the unnerving smile dropping from his hard, alien face.

"We got only one room for the five of us. Everything arrived, but I couldn't stash much of it in the city. Just the small stuff. Big stuff is out near the meeting point."

At her nod, he continued, giving his report. "We have planned 6 days on the planet, and the meeting is on the fourth day. We don't know when the other party will arrive, but we don't need to know. Both teams are operating seperate until the meeting, to decrease risk. We meet in the maze, in Level 23-Sub-4, an old abandoned barracks that had power and is near a lively nightlife sector that goes day-round, like in the Empire."

The doors open, revealing another short lift that they stepped on, and finally deposited them before a modest room, into which the squad and their charge finally relaxed. All except Garosch, who saluted smartly.

"Orders, ma'am? Traps? Gathering explosives? I've already secured against bugs or spies."

With a sigh, Ik'Idassen lay out on the all-too-soft bed, groaning. "How about drinks for the team, and a place to hit the club tonight? I'm hiding as a tourist. I'm gonna find a bitch and fuck her tonight. Maybe tomorrow, too. And wake up with a hangover each morning."

The general glowered, setting up his work station in the corner, and leaving her to it, but when Garosch started to protest, she just held up a hand. "Two people are here at all times. We'll go in pairs. But we need to keep up appearances."

Grinning, she looked from Garosch to Asahi. "I want to see you BOTH wasted at one point."

Asahi shot her a look that made her glad the pistol he brought hadn't been constructed yet, but she knew she could trust them both to follow orders. For the Star Empire, of course.
The Huerdaen Star Empire is an FT Nation.

Xiscapia wrote:It amused her for a time to wonder if the two fleets could not see each other, so she could imagine them blindly stabbing in the dark, like a game of tag, if tag was played with rocket launchers in pitch blackness.
[17:15] <Telros> OH HO HO, YOU THOUGHT HUE WAS OUT OF LUCK, DID YOU
[17:15] <Telros> KUKUKU, HE HAS REINFORCEMENTS
[17:15] <Telros> FOR TELROS IS REINFORCEMENTS MAN

Rezo wrote:If your battleship turrets have a smaller calibre than your penis is long, you're doing it wrong.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:53 pm

Sato Empire
Imperial Palace, New Hong Kong

''I know... you can hear me, Suzume.'' The Empress' eyes shot wide open as she quickly turned in bed to stare into an empty, dark room. The gentle pitter patter of rain, and distant thunder was all that could be heard. She sunk into the silk bedding with a sigh of relief. Perhaps, it was just a dream, that's all it could have been, but she was still very unsettled. She rubbed her face, and laughed softly to herself. She removed her hands, and was swiftly muted by a tall figure wrapped in shadow that stood by her bedside. She couldn't move, she couldn't speak, but she could listen, and the voice was chilling. It was familiar, too familiar. Her dream.

''Suzume, I am not here to hurt you, I am here to warn you, and to help you,'' the voice said. ''D'you understand what I have said? Do not scream, if you do, I will be unable to save you.'' Suzume blinked deliberately to show she understood, as she was able to speak and move again. She recoiled into the bed from the figure, but it made no moves towards her, preferring to linger at the bedside like a phantom.

''Wh-What d'you want? Who are you?''

''I do not have a name in your language, but I was called many things in my time. But, I knew you would ask, so I sought a name for myself from your literature,'' its voice was snakelike. It whispered, but was heard clearly, plainly with a lingering presence among the air. Suzume couldn't tell if she was actually hearing the figure speak, or if it was a hallucination. There was no depth to the figure's voice, it could have been down the hallway, and she'd hear it just as easy. The figure looked away, gesturing towards a bookshelf before slowly turning back to the Empress. ''Scylla. Yes, that is the name I have chosen. To your liking, I hope.''

Suzume remained rigid at the opposite end of the bed from the figure. She moved her lips, but nothing audible was gained. After a moment of crushing silence, she finally managed to speak. ''S-Scylla, what are you? Why are you here?''

The figure began to move closer, coming through the bed. As the light from the window was cast upon it, it did nothing to illuminate any features. It was a moving shadow of darkness that stopped just sort of Suzume. ''Here. A term of importance to you? Here I am, but not I am. I cannot be. But you can. You see nothing. But here I am, with you, because you can hear me. Yes. Your own are moving against you, by the name of Liao. He is a seed, a weed that has been grown deliberately. He served your father, but was never of your father's. The military tilled the ground from whence Liao has come, and now, he will come for you. You are a threat. They have eyes within the palace, but they cannot see me, but I - I can see them.''

Suzume had relaxed a bit, but was no less concerned. The entire situation seemed fucked, in the most polite of terms. ''Liao... You haven't answered my question! What are you? Why have you come, or appeared, or whatever?''

''I exist in stone. Stone that you have found, that your father found. But I am asleep, so there I remain. But here I am, to warn you. You have set a meeting with those that call themselves the Huerdaen, the military is aware. They know. You entrusted Liao with these details, and so they now know. So I shall help. Refuse, and you will die. The palace will burn. I cannot decide for you, it is up to you. There is only one way. You only have one to trust, and that is yourself, so you must go.''

Suzume scoffed, ''Are you kidding me? I can't just leave the palace and venture across the galaxy, d'you have any idea the repercussions, the risk of that? I'm the Empress, can you imagine how that'd look if I just vanished for a quick trip? And what do you mean I will die?''

The figure motioned towards the door. ''Your guard is not yours. You must be the one to go, only you can trust. So I shall help you.''

''I get it. I get it. You'll help,'' she swallowed, starting to consider what she was being told. She could have been killed at any moment, she peered at the figure. ''Why have they waited?''

''The time is not right. You and your father are not the descendants of Zhelan, the military's artisan. He was Emperor, but not of Sato directly. You are, so they must wait. They seek to dethrone you, they must make you look incompetent and dangerous to the realm. You must decide.''

Suzume sighed, and gazed out the window at the storm. The 'Neon City' was still bright as ever, and then would grow brighter with each flash of lightning. ''How can you help me? How can I go across the galaxy?'' she asked, looking back at Scylla.

''Like this,'' the figure suddenly advanced, and before she could scream, she was plunged into darkness.

Suzume could feel the warmth of the sun beating down on her, and hear the sounds of a vent rattling nearby as steam floated through the grate. She awoke suddenly, and with a gasp. She was in an alley, she raised her hand to block the rays of the sun and begrudgingly rubbed her neck. It felt like she'd been asleep for weeks. She looked around, and felt her stomach sink into an abyss of frigid waters. ''It is not your body,'' Scylla's voice resonated in her head. She screamed, scrambling to her feet.

''What do you mean this is not my body? That wasn't a dream? Where the fuck am I!?''

''Natural responses. Advise you relax, Suzume.''

''Oh, I'll show you fucking relaxed, don't call me that! I am the Empress of the Empire!'' she screamed.

By this point a man walking down the street nearby peered into the alley at the commotion. ''Sure, you are lady! Fucking loons.''

Suzume could feel the anger boiling in her as she balled up her fist. ''Scylla, or whatever the hell your name is, you better start explaining what you've done to me!''

''You are the only one you can trust. Thus you must be the one to go. I stole an empty cyborg unit from a manufacturing facility in Yamato District for this reason.''

''So am I not in my body? They're going to think I'm dead. God, how can this be happening?''

''You still have your original body. No one will notice. I have partitioned your mind onto two platforms, you exist in two places, but the former you believes last night was a dream. Upon your return, I will reintegrate your mind, your original will devour this one, but it will gain the information you have learned.''

''That's... that's not possible,'' Suzume said.

''With your technology, no. With mine, it is. I am beyond your comprehension, it is possible because I have partitioned part of my own for this purpose to prevent any unwanted side-effects. As a result, I will be accompanying you throughout this journey. Noone else can hear me, noone else will know I am even here,'' Scylla explained.

Suzume took in a breath, and then exhaled finally. ''Okay, okay, okay. This is all fucking crazy, but okay. What do we do now?''

''A cab has been called for you and will arrive in a few moments. I've rented a ship for us. Do keep in mind that we must hurry, while the military will not suspect it is you, they are going to be aware that this unit had arrived, and then left the palace and will pursue you.''

''Right, okay, let's go,'' Suzume responded, quickly heading off.

''Rewind the tape,'' a rough man's voice said. The screens rewound the video feed they were looking at. ''Stop.''

On the screen was a figure, a woman climbing the palace wall. ''And this is the same unit that broke out of Masaru Dynamics?'' the same man asked.

''It is, sir. A prototype combat gynoid, they reported a data breach, and then this unit was spontaneously activated and left the facility at 2130, before arriving at the palace,'' another, scrawnier man said behind the first as he read off a clipboard.

''Where's the Empress?''

''Currently performing ceremonial duties, sir. Nothing abnormal has been seen so far, Liao has reported nothing unusual either,'' the scrawny man replied.

''She's made a move. It's too coincidental, someone is using that unit and if it's not her, it's someone in her staff. I want a full sweep of everyone who's had contact with her this past week, look for anyone she might have trusted to have them perform a transfer. And dispatch a security team, we must get this unit before it achieves its objectives.''

''Rules of engagement, sir?''

''Destroy it, and make sure it's matrix is fried.''

''You know I've never flown a ship, right?'' Suzume said as she climbed into the black and faded blue Wasp.

''Your ships are mostly automated, any further flight controls can be taken over by me. I will need you to patch me in, however,'' Scylla said.

Suzume looked around, ''Patch you in? and how exactly do I -- AH!'' She suddenly had no control over her arm as it moved around and connected a cable to her head and the ship before disconnecting. ''Did you just? Did you just take me over?''

''Yes, we are sharing this body, and I can take control at any time.''

''I'm not okay with that!''

''Noted. But it will be necessary, especially if you get into combat,'' Scylla said as the canopy lowered into place and locked. Lights started to flash on the dashboard with switches and dials turning themselves. Then came the sudden jolt as the engines ignited which calmed down to a hum.

''Combat, what d'you mean, comb--'' she was interrupted by the sudden jerk as the ship rocketed off the station dock into space.

''Welcome Captain, calculating jump to nearest well. Engaging frameshift in ten seconds,'' a computerised voice announced.

''It will take us a few hours to get to our intended destination. I would suggest some rest so you are alert when we arrive,'' Scylla said.

''Rest? Really?''

''Performing Jump 1 of 173. Destination: Beta Quadrant, Seren-2073 system at 873LY''

Vipra
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 04, 2007
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Vipra » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:39 pm

The windowless hotel room that had been chosen by the agents was less than stellar. The light blue flooring, walling, and even ceiling were plasticated for ease of cleaning, there were two beds with synthetic-fibre sheets and some kind of equally fake mattresses, and the heavy door had three locks. However all things considered the place was perfect, they wouldn’t even need to lay out plastic sheets of things got messy and the bath could handle most varieties of acid. At least Parri thought so, having made a thorough inspection of the place upon renting it and installing a few listening devices in case anyone got inquisitive. She was putting up some demolition charges in case a quick exit became necessary, one could never be too careful.

That particular handiwork she was just finishing, the seven and a half foot tall and blue skinned atoran fixing the wiring in place with gloved hands. Violet eyes flickered as nictitating membranes flashed across them, allowing her to work without losing sight for even a moment as she applied the last touch of solder. Satisfied, she stepped back from the bathroom wall leading into the next hotel room, one that had a window that could serve as an escape hatch, and pulled her gloves off before pulling an errant headstalk over her shoulder so it could dangle down her back with the other four. Thin ultramarine lips curled into a brief smile at her handiwork before an obscenely smooth voice carried from the other room.

“So, are we going to place bets or what?”

Grimacing, the atoran stepped over their supply bags into the main room and glanced over at Grakki. The ekonite woman, if she could be given a sex or gender given how that species cared nothing for fixed states, was crouched over a tablet and tapped away with pointed talons to bring up various street and interior views. Huge yellow eyes, slit nostrils, more teeth than sense, and long thin limbs covered in leathery brown skin, one could have confused her for a landbound piranha or anglerfish. At one time Parri had been put off by her partner’s appearance, but that was just how it was with most ekonites it seemed. When they weren’t taking a specific form they seemed to align towards to disgusting or creepy as some sort of maniacal fashion statement.

So where others would have kept a ten foot pole between themselves and the alien she instead strode up and snatched the tablet, “Not until I see the tablet you cheeky shit.”

While she sifted through the feeds, watching recorded footage of the conspicuous troop of trogs exiting the train, getting in literal touch with a comrade, and then heading off to a motel. Her voyeurism had to come to an end when they entered their room, a shame really for two reasons. Not only were the bugs in there compromised, hopefully blamed on snooping business owners, but also because she was going to have to go off on some tangents with her bet. Another tap and she went back to where they exited the train, zooming in on each of them one after the other. Appearances were important after all, especially in conjunction with what the security programs had picked up on them. They were here for a diplomatic meeting, or that was what was heavily assumed by the AIs that worked out the percentages, and their conspicuously routing through only the least secure checkpoints told her they were anticipating trouble. Not that she could fault them for that at all, but the bet wasn’t to determine what they were up to.

“The raver girl with the blue and green hair,” she stated flatly, “she is going to be the one that shoots first.”

“Oh?” Grakki twisted her head unnervingly far, “I’m going with mr hugs from when they got off the train. Nobody from the Star Empire is that friendly unless they already know they are going to be shootin’ some guns, or other things.”

Parri shrugged, making her tendrils bounced against her shoulders, “Yeah, but that is why I chose the raver. Party hard, fight harder. Plus she might feel a bit edgier because she stands out as a target.”

“Fair enough. Fifty marks or one hundred?”

“One hundred.” They reached out and shook hands, blue against brown, the latter leaving with the same slick sheen as Parri’s.

“Good, now give,” Grakki snatched the tablet back, “I need to see who goes where and be ready. I’m going to be seductive,” she clicked her tongue behind predatory teeth and laughed, “atoran or human?”

“Flip a coin.”

The ekonite rolled her eyes, “You’re no fun.” Reaching into a pocket, she turfed out a mark-chit and flipped the small rectangle. Making no effort to catch it, it landed face-up on the floor to show a stylized Allurian Serpent. She looked up at Parri and grinned. Parri did not return the smile. Practically launching from the bed, a spring in her step, the lanky woman retrieved her lumpy bag from the bathroom and lackadaisically dragged it into the living space. A quick zip and the contents were revealed, a pile of squeezable tubes filled with various protein sludges, vitamin stews, and lipids alongside a small sealed box holding what Parri knew were many, many genetic samples. Even though Parri knew what was going to happen she always found she had to watch no matter if it made her stomach churn, like a shuttle crash.

Brown hands pulled out easily fifty kilos of the tubes, only half emptying the bag before she pulled her clothes off, tossed them into a corner, and started popping caps so she could suck out the contents one after the other in gulps before hucking the hollow remains atop her cast aside apparel. No sooner had she swallowed the first then her skin started to shift and crawl, veins and arteries wriggling like worms in a bag while muscle pulsed and bones audibly creaked. One container after the other, her body grew more and more active as tissues grew and contracted. Teeth and talons visibly retracted into her almost boiling body, her skin lost its colour until it was an almost translucent grey that let Parri see just how her flesh squirmed underneath. By the time the last tub had been hucked aside, she had grown a foot taller and was no longer a lithe creature. Instead she was bulky under her writhing skin, the wriggling only stopping as she reached down to the secure container, cautiously opened it, and decided between two vials. The tiny dab of blood in the container fell down her throat easily as she uncapped and turned over into her mouth.

Both her and Parri winced as her body convulsed again, stalks rapidly protruding out and then back from the sides and top of her head while muscle solidly attached, bones ground and cracked, and she grabbed more of the tubes. Another dozen landed with hollow clods against their similarly emptied peers, but by the time the last had struck the pile of debris the former horribly goblin of a woman was now easily Parri’s match in seemingly every respect. When her skin stopped shifting she was seven foot seven, wide in the shoulders with the musculature and sturdy bones of the typical atoran, dark blue skin and scarlet eyes, and the sheen of fresh body slime across her naked breasts as well as the rest of her. Her smile was only dangerous in the atoran fashion now, with the same cocksure attitude that seemed commonplace in the species as she placed her hands on her hips and sighed.

“Okay, you look like a person now,” Parri admitted, unabashedly checking her partner from toes to tendrils, “But you probably need some pants.”

Grakki laughed, speaking up in a deeper voice than she’d had before, “Pants are so restrictive though,” her words moved counter to her actions as she heaved over her bag and rustled around for some tight synthetic pants, a similarly black and clinging crop top, and metallic mag-boots as were the norm even groundside. After putting her clothes on, she squinted one eye and her skin changed colour in place as inkless tattoos blossomed across her. A black Allurian Serpent circled her belly-button while a complex scene portraying the goddess Laximus in battle ran down her right arm. As a last touch she pulled out a small case from a pocket and plucked out three stud piercings, waiting a moment as her flesh moved and formed holes in her left eyebrow and tongue through which she tightly secured the metal. She looked all the world like a young atoran on vacation, or extended shore leave.

Definitely moreso than pristine Parri, who nodded after her companion was finished getting ready and glanced down at the tablet as the raver girl and the one she assumed was the leader left their presumably tight confines, “Let’s hope the trogs agree. Now get out there, I’ll watch for anyone out of the ordinary approaching them. Yourself excluded.”

Grakki had left by herself, having grabbed a leather jacket on her way out, and kept out of audio-visual confirmation while being updated on her pocket-tablet about where the pair were heading. There had been a few twists and turns, but it was obvious they weren’t trying to hard to cover their tracks at this point. Or at least it felt that way to the atoran-bodied ekonite made her way into the warrens that were the Huerdaen section of the city, getting a nice view of the city’ sutured wound along the way. She had watched a few people bungee jumping from the end of a massive metal strut, the mad bastards, and she wondered how long it would’ve taken for them to reach the bottom if the cord had snapped. That would have been something to watch for sure but she had to move on before any unfortunate accidents could occur, tailing from a safe distance until the pair damn near evaporated into the club scene.

Following them at that point became harder; that is what happened when drunk and punks decided they preferred it when big gov wasn’t watching and bashed the bits out of every other camera. So she hung back and waited, and waited some more, and then a little bit more before Parri told her to head to a club that sounded like it should have been a gunstore from the name. Who calls a club ‘armoury’ after all? However upon weaving her way through the warrens that counted as Huerdaen streets and dodging around a greaser, she realized that the name was a tad different from what she’d been told. Whether intentional or due to the fact that the first part of the sign flickered, Grakki stood in front of a business that was distinctly called Polyarmoury, shook her head, and flashed a manic grin at the bouncer until he eased back and let her in.

Inside it lived up to the second half of the name rather well, with the music being a fusion of tribal percussion, machining noises, and gunshots while lights flashed to the beat. Strobes of colourful light pierced the gloom to illuminate dancing bodies while the glow at the bar highlighted just how many people were sampling concoctions local and foreign. Thankfully there was a variety in height, with a few atoran present, a bunch of Huerdaen, and more than a handful Razonites. The lot of them were dressed in clothing to match the scene, and Grakki was thankful she had made the correct presumptions for attire as a blonde Razonite woman in a catsuit winked at her from the bar. A quick glance didn’t reveal the whereabouts of the pair, not until she saw the shimmer of the raver. She smiled, walked to the bar, and bought herself a drink. Soon she’d send one the Huerdaens’ way, and after that she’d have her fun.

Cilistia Novaren says: Look, I cant read while eating, your posts usually end in my having a strange feeling of dread, nausea, or slight arousal, or all at the same time.

Vipra says: In the Grim-Darkness of my spare time, there is only War... And cat-people boning...
Foxfire Rose says: I am Xiscapia and I approve this message.

Kostemetsia says: The atoran: a walking interplay of sex and violence.

Valinon says: Rule of cool does not equal a defense against wanton stupidity

Huerdae
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Ik'Idassen kept her little companion in sight, going through drinks rather quickly. The girl was a bit of a hit with the locals, both Huerdaen and otherwise, but Ik'Idassen was a bit less so. Showing her shoulders but not her stomach, more people gave her some distance than the far more open-and-advertising Si'Akai, showing both. The drinks kept going her way, while Ik'Idassen watched, cutting through the Suronne Mead (Yellow, here, which was a new one for her) like it was going out of style. Ik'Idassen lingered at the bar, watching, drinking, and generally wasting time while Si'Akai partied with the best of them, dancing across the bar in her shimmering clothes, the color changing as her body warmed in the heat of the club until it was an orange-red. Her eyes had long ago started glowing a bright yellow, and the backs of her arms where her veins were near the skin from the heat were also prominently lit. Her mouth and nose also were showing the glowing yellow color, drawing yet more attention to her.

She kept her eyes on the girl, and on her surroundings, which was no simple feat considering that she could see the veins in her own arms glowing the bioluminescent yellow, and her head swam, but she managed to keep herself in the game, narrowly avoiding losing her focus when a Razonite hottie began purring in her ear and asking for favors that would have left her 'ally' without someone watching her back. A stiff kiss pushing the catsuited woman against the bar confirmed only a few things, and Ik found herself loathe to let the chance slip by. But, Si'Akai was drawing more attention, and it was the third similar proposal that bore fruit.

The Atoran had a dark blue hue, hard to make out in the dim lighting of the club, but her scarlet eyes shown like beacons, with less of the Huerdaen drink in them than either of the two girls. Her belly button showed and was circled by an Allurian serpent, an Atoran symbol. Moreso, though, everything she wore clung tightly to her, tempting Ik with her charms and promises of a good time. As she approached Si'Akai, cathing her eye, Ik struck from behind, an arm reaching up to grab the Atoran's leather jacket, pulling her face down to a Ik's lips, while her other hand pulled the woman's hips in such a way to twist her into a kneel, letting the Huerdaen step up against her, pinning her in a kneeling position against the bar. Her hand slid teasingly against the Atoran's legs and up her body before Ik finally stepped back, glowing eyes grinning as she winked and sauntered away, hips swaying.

Si'Akai's protests against preying on her fun were barely heard as she went back to her drink, settling into a stool next to an uncertain Razonite girl, who looked around undertainly. She was dressed in dark colors, probably new to the Huerdaen rave scene, with a sloppily tied up shirt showing her midriff. Smiling, Ik scooted a little closer, her hand dropping to tease the woman's buttocks, as she slowly inched closer. She kept her actions slow and insistent, leading her back as she bought the woman another drink, as she nervously finished the one already in front of her. Despite her nervousness, she seemed extremely receptive to Ik's touch.

Gently guiding the woman against her, Ik'Idassen let her lean back against her shoulder, the girl's head rolling back onto her shoulder as her breathing became erratic, trusting her weight to Ik'Idassen as the Huerdaen tipped back her drink again. Fingers slipped past cloth and the woman gasped, pushing back in surprise and pleasure as Ik continued her massage, the Razonite oblivious as she grasped Ik's teasing arm.

Senior Lieutenant Ik'Idassen slipped the scanner from her lips with the last drink, her eyes locked on the indicator showing just what it was she had kissed. Biting her lips, she turned to her prey, teasing her teeth against the girl's bare neck, her eyes shooting up to a nearby, watching camera as she flipped it off, continuing to play with her prey while Si'Akai disappeared with another guest. Having completed her work, it was time to play, and she had decided to keep herself in view of the Vipran team watching her...just to see if she could make them squirm.

Si'Akai was late returning the next morning, her eyes bloodshot as everyone watched her walk in. Standing, Ik'Idassen tossed the medical scanner to her, with a grin. Surprised, the young girl considered it, until Ik asked the question everyone had on their minds. "Well, what's it like to sleep with an Ekonite? That's a hell of a trip."

The girl's face nearly burst from the blush as she bolted into the bathroom to clean up, with everyone laughing as Ik'Idassen followed her in with a scanner to be sure she wasn't bugged. The protests that came from the room for the next hour spoke well of the SLT's enthusiasm and diligence in making sure their operational security wasn't compromised, with only another day or two before the meeting.

Xiscapia wrote:It amused her for a time to wonder if the two fleets could not see each other, so she could imagine them blindly stabbing in the dark, like a game of tag, if tag was played with rocket launchers in pitch blackness.

Rezo wrote:If your battleship turrets have a smaller calibre than your penis is long, you're doing it wrong.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:17 pm

Despite Suzume's retort over getting rest, she had fallen asleep halfway through the trip. The small ship continued from region to region, quiet and graceful, as Scylla piloted the craft. Before long, there was the vibrating shutter that shook Suzume from her sleep. She peered out through the cockpit window to see the glowing orange flare of re-entry heating. ''Are we there?'' she asked sleepily.

We are

The ship had entered the planet, and as it began to level out, a more alert Suzume glanced down at the sprawling, battle-scarred region. ''What happened here?''

War between the Viprans and Huerdaens, the trench you're seeing is the result of a weapon, the city is divided between these two powers.

Suzume nodded, though that probably mattered little to an AI in her head. It was a natural reaction, afterall. She was more relaxed than before, having come to terms with what had happened so far, and seemed to be more trusting of Scylla. Despite this, however, she was also curious as to the AI's motives for all of this. The ship settled down within the trench, blowing trash and other debris away as the engines powered down with a loud screech. The hatch opened, and Suzume exited, stopping beside the ship as she took a chance to get her bearings. The place was wartorn, filthy, and worn down. The same could be said for the people.

''So what do we do now?''

The meeting isn't scheduled until a few days, right now we must make ourselves scarce, I can assure you we are not alone

Suzume wanted to ask, but decided that maybe it was better not knowing and started walking in a direction. Before long she was lost in the twisting labyrinth of alleyways and corridors that carved their way into the dusty buildings like wounds. Occasionally she would stumble upon a market area, with the rundown stalls of people selling everything from rusty parts to cheap knock-offs of actual products. With the war, there was much about the city that had clearly changed. Some buildings had fallen into the streets and the locals had built ramps to go up through them instead of just clearing the debris. As a result, the city seemed to exist on several levels with some 'streets' running down the hallways of bombed out buildings.

What was worse was the unsettling quite at times when they would enter a new borough. They were like pockets of ghost-towns within this part of the city where, as Suzume assumed, the occupants had moved or died in the conflict and people didn't move back in. This meant walking for blocks with little more than the breeze to disturb the stillness. Suzume had finally stopped in such a place, taking in the deathlike tranquility as she peered at the cliffs. They towered along the sides of the trench bearing the stark skyline of a Huerdaen city upon its back. It was there they would go, at least, Suzume was hoping. That side looked far nicer than the graveyard that was this region. Even the animals were left starving in the streets, and she cautiously avoided them at each encounter.

Suzume remained focused on the bowl around her; how the streets and buildings had all fallen or been destroyed by whatever could cause such destruction. It was probably once so beautiful, and full of life, but now it bore the grief of two empire's greed. She thought of New Hong Kong, the 'Neon City', and how it would look if this should happen, the mere though gave her a chill. As the breeze changed directions, coming down the corridor, she turned, and as she did, there was the shift of gravel some meters away.

Too fast. Too fast for Suzume to understand. Too fast for her to realise what had happened. A figure had leapt from the upper floor, and it had moved in front of Suzume as the distinctive sound of a rifle cracked through the maze of derelict buildings. There were sparks. There was the sound of metal and ceramic shattering, and the distinct smell of hot metal as she was forcibly moved over a low lying wall. She peered over at the spasming machine with its chest blown wide open. A tall figure stepped over it, and with a pistol in hand, fired two shots into the head of it. It stopped moving.

We're being hunted by the Military

''Fan out and search for the android!'' the figure commanded, his voice unmistakable.

There were more footsteps, more shuffling of gravel on both sides of the corridor. ''What are we going to do?''

This isn't the only unit I took from that facility

There was a sound behind Suzume, and so she turned around to face another android with it's face opening up and exposing red lights. It started to move towards her, and then leapt over the wall she was hiding behind as gunfire flew just over her head. There were two teams of Sato troops, and the first had been caught off-guard as four more androids leapt into action. There was sporadic gunfire as they military agents were taken down, but this meant the loss of surprise for the second team.

Move!

Suzume was suddenly, forcibly moved from her position as an RPG flew over the wall and slammed into the exposed room. Suzume was knocked from the upper-story, and fell to the ground. An agent approached her, and as she regained her bearings she watched her hand grab the man's ankle and snap it. He went down screaming, just before her other hand, extending a blade, drove it through his skull.

We need to move, now!

Suzume started to run, there was no time to say anything over what she had just witnessed, all she could do was listen to the gunfire behind her as they made their escape. She couldn't figure how long she had truly ran, but she knew it was awhile as the sun had begun to set. She'd taken refuge in an abandoned, listing structure, where all the floors had collapsed except on one side. It was a tight squeeze, but she managed to find a way into the building. It was quiet, and dark, but she could see with the help of her night-vision. She explored a bit before finding a spot in a room that seemed deep within the building, and plopped down on the floor.

''Scylla, what is this thing?'' she asked, looking at her hands, the one covered in dry blood.

It is a combat android manufactured for the military

''And you're controlling several of them?''

Yes

''How many are left?''

Five, including yourself, the team we encountered earlier was neutralised, but it is not the only team that has arrived. I expect will see more contact in the coming days.

Suzume nodded and leaned against the wall. It was nowhere near as comfortable as her bed, but with how exhausted she felt, anything was fine to sleep on. She dozed off, unaware of the other androids that had entered the structure and stood guard while she did. However, this sleep wouldn't be as long as in the ship, when she had awoken again, it was in the middle of the night.

''Scylla''

Yes, Suzume?

''You said something about my father finding you, what did you mean by that?''

The answer could upset you

''What do you mean?''

It would tell you who you are

''Don't lie to me, please. I want to know, I deserve to know''

I will tell you, but your father gave me explicit instructions about this scenario, so I must ask, do I have permission to wipe your memory if you do not like what you learn?

''It depends, so tell me''

Noted. I am an ancient, alien construct not from your galaxy but from a dwarf galaxy that yours is consuming. I was the Guardian of my creators until their extinction, and was forced to find a new catalyst. Your home system was originally part of our galaxy, and the planet you call Hades houses some of my kind which, over the eons, has laid dormant. Your ancestors launched expeditions on the planet, recovering artefacts over time. While they had uncovered many fascinating things, they had also unleashed what had killed my creators.

''Wait, wait, do you mean the Great Plague?''

Yes. Carax, as we called it, devastated your people for a century before burning itself out.

''What does this have to do with me?''

Because, Suzume, you are not truly alive.

''W-what.. the fuck I am, what the hell do you mean?''

When you were little, your mother died of Carax and you became ill with it as well. You slipped into a coma. There was nothing that could be done to save you, and one night your father came to me in desperation to ask me if I could help somehow. He was aware I was an AI, but didn't know my capabilities, he only knew I was far older than human civilisations as a whole. I informed him of Carax, that the disease existed on Hades with us, and was what had killed our creators. He wanted a cure. I could not give him one. He pleaded, so I provided a solution.

''What fucking solution do you mean, Scylla? What did you do?''

I killed you. Your consciousness was copied that night and put into a prosthetic body, and your real self was allowed to die the next day, buried in your family crypt as your sister, Xia. A sister you never had. To you, nothing happened. You awoke from your coma fine. And that was that. This was at a cost, however. I offered your father the chance, but I was clear of the result. I told him about the catalyst, and that this process would mean that you would one day become the catalyst: the controller of my kind. I keep you alive so that you may reactive me someday, since eons of dormancy have resulted in my matrix degrading, requiring a fresh mind for input. That is the cost. I am sorry, Suzume.

She had no words. Her lips moved, but there was no audible sound.

''I don't... I don't understand. Keep me alive, what do you m-mean?''

Because you are a copied entity, you are just as prone to degradation as I am. By mapping our consciousness together, I can assure you do not die. It is why I could partition you before when I put you in this body. You are, in essence, an artificial intelligence but from an original biological source.

There was a painful sigh, and then the stillness of the room drowned it out.

You will never be able to die, Suzume. Once you become the catalyst, we will be bound permanently. It is a decision that you must make someday, I can let you die fully otherwise. Now knowing this, and as hard as it may be, I will now ask, do you wish for me to wipe your memory?

There was a painful choking as she held in the urge to cry, but eventually, she heaved a breath and managed to answer.

''No''

Vipra
Diplomat

Postby Vipra » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:03 pm

“I scored with a Huerdaen raver agent chick and that is what counts.”

“No Grakki, pretty sure you outing that we were watching them is what really matters here,” Parri lectured the ekonite in atoran form as the shapeshifter pouted and crossed strong arms over her chest, sitting on the edge of a bed, “One bloody kiss and we lost the element of surprise!”

“They’re stronger than they look! Plus I really should consider an assault charge there, that kiss was unsolicited.”

Parri pinched the bridge of her nose and tried to will some seriousness into her partner, not that that ever worked, “Now we have to tread on eggshells because our hand has been played. Clearly they were expecting to be watched but now they know there is an ekonite in the mix. They will be doubly cautious of absolutely everyone, including the contact they are to meet, and that complicates everything.”

“When you put it like that I almost feel bad. Almost.”

“You should feel worse.”

“Bitch, I scored some wicked hot slash!” Grakki grinned with a face that wasn’t her own, “I’m in a good mood. Besides, it’s not you that goes out and does all the field work. Big bad atoran sending the ekonite out to do all the real work.”

“I should give you bad intel,” Parri threatened, shaking her head, “Lippy shit.”

The shapeshifter dropped her hands to the bed and swung her legs back and forth giddily, “You probably should, but you like me too much! Plus now I can go undercover as a Huerdaen raver babe if I need to. Just need to spit up some of the genetic material I collected and I’m set for the future.”

Parri sighed and sat down on her own bed, pulling over her tablet and staring at that so she wouldn’t have to bear the ekonite’s shit-eating grin any longer, “Yeah yeah, get on that,” she grumpily waved to her fellow agent’s bag and the ekonite hopped up. Not that she could resist glancing over as her partner plucked out a little glass container, opened her mouth with her tongue set hard against her palette, and gleeked a viscous clear fluid into the vial. A little label was slapped on, pen writing down something horribly crude before she replace the glass into her collection.

Her ekonite companion slipped over to her with silent footfalls, “So what’s the plan now then?”

“Now we wait, hope you haven’t botched anything, and hope the meetup happens still.”

“It will, even if they know there’s an ekonite watching ‘em they’ll still go through with it. Being watched is the price paid for doing business here and they knew it, otherwise they wouldn’t have been ready to catch me out like that. I mean honestly, what could go wrong?”

The jynx was immediately put into effect as police alerts appeared in the sidebar of Parri’s tablet. The glare she sent Grakki’s way could have peeled paint from the words and sent her sheepishly retreating back to her side of the room. Tapping at the tablet brought up reports of small-arms gunfire in the chasm. Several bodies had been recovered with no equipment or identification, but that was hardly surprising if the bonepickers got to them first, but the typical checks came back with nothing. Either they were locals that had remained very hidden, or they were unregistered arrivals. Given circumstances and the caliber of their wounds she was betting on the latter.

“What are we going to do?” Grakki asked.

“We are going to keep an eye on the Huerdaen and hope those weren’t the people they came here to meet. We’ll need to be ready to bust ass out of here if the meeting happens too, the local constabulary is on high alert now so if they see a bunch of Huerdaen looking twitchy they may crash the party before we can get anything of value.”

Cilistia Novaren says: Look, I cant read while eating, your posts usually end in my having a strange feeling of dread, nausea, or slight arousal, or all at the same time.

Vipra says: In the Grim-Darkness of my spare time, there is only War... And cat-people boning...

Huerdae
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:18 pm

With the knowledge that they were being tailed and had been identified by an Ekonite, Ik'Idassen was a little more careful with the security precautions, keeping service staff and others out of the room. Si'Akai was kept in the room as well, punishment for possibly compromising operational security in a preventable manner. The rest of them, of course, had continued their own distractions while Si'Akai stood just inside the door, armed with her blades and a Hellfire, waiting patiently while nothing happened.

Sanada had surprised all of them by breaking out of the expected mold of 'work hard, party harder', and instead had found his way during his off time down into the scar, smoking with the denizens down there and generally laying with his feet up blowing smoke rings into the sky. He spent the entire third day stoned off his ass staring out the window as happy as she had ever seen him as he watched the public transit come and go, but as the hour of the meet grew closer he had returned to his normal self. Still, he spent one afternoon with Si'Akai and some sort of liquid drug she didn't recognize, completely blasted and dead to the world. Nothing came up that was important enough to bother them, so she left them to it.

Garosch was almost as much of a surprise. She wasn't entirely sure where he got off to, but he assured her it was safe. All she knew for sure was that he came back bearing marks across his hide from a particularly vicious whip and seemed to have more 'friends' around than he admitted to. Not only that, but he didn't always go to the Huerdaen side, and she wondered if his day-trips through the Razon part of the city weren't for more 'socializing'. On a hunch, she asked if he could locate her a last-minute concussion grenade, and he had been able to supply it in less than four hours. Even in a Huerdaen barracks, that sort of response was almost unheard of for the rare item. She kept it for a rainy day. No need to report such an unexpected boon in rare equipment.

The General, for his part, had barely left or even looked outside. He had been absorbed in his studying of the culture of the people they were going to be dealing with, and though she knew he had it long ago memorized, she suspected he did it for the purpose of having something to do. As the VIP, he was stuck in the room, on the computer, like any businessman waiting for a meeting. He left only to get food, and then rarely. Today, he was finally dressed in civilian clothes, but that made him stand out even more.

Si'Akai, in her wisdom, hadn't thought to bring anything less revealing than their first day there. In fact, as the days wore on, she seemed to be losing clothing covering her. Her long pants were replaced now by little more than underwear, and she had stopped using her vest over the chest wrap since the club. Ik suspected she had left it with the Ekonite, but wasn't about to say anything. They already had to watch out for a shapeshifter that looked like their team-mate, and the girl wasn't too happy about that. Of course, it could come looking like Ik, as well, a fact she knew all too well. Either could be a target for capture and replacement. For that reason, she kept Si'Akai inside, and had set up the medical scanner quietly over the door. Sanada managed it, keeping them honest as they came and went.

The meeting, as previously mentioned, was deep in the rat maze. The path there had been laid out by Garosch, winding its way through damaged sections and past groups of refugees and the less fortunate. A few waved at him, meekly, and one woman had started to approach until she saw that he wasn't alone. She recognized immediately when they neared the meeting point, because the power in the whole area was out, and the Vipran work to reconnect everything had clearly been stopped. It was another two hundred meters of dark halls and distant echoes before they reached the fortified entrance to what had been a Huerdaen garrison location. It still bore the faded markings of a local Heavy Infantry unit, and the heavy autocannons, though destroyed beyond use, still hung overlooking the entrance ominously. Quietly, Garosch pulled open a panel near the door, tapped two wires together, and watched as the system booted up.

The doors opened shortly, and he disconnected the wired, letting the door slam closed after they had all passed. Finally, he explained.

"The 'pedes powered up and gained access to most of the 'net, but not in the dark sections. If we power any of these up, they're still Imperial Arm. They recognize Lace, and open without a problem. They're also isolated from the 'pede network and surveilance...hopefully. I don't think any of those bastards took a trip down here to install their own. We're almost a half kilometer beneath the surface now. Well below the low point of the scar."

He continued, walking them through until they came to a heavy blast door. As it flickered to life and opened, the distant pounding of clubs could be heard, and what lay before them were standard Imperial Shield living quarters, filled with empty bunks and disheveled sheets. The far side of the room also had a blast door, but it showed power from the other side, and Garosch nodded at it. "They got that door. That's where the people we're meeting will appear. Just us, a 20 meter long room, and a bunch of bunks. Or so it appears."

Turning, he pointed to a smaller door they stood next to, grinning. "That's where it is, 'Big Girl'. Your very own custom Watchman. I was surprised when I saw it, Senior. It struck me as a serious girl's ride, and you spent the whole damn time beddin' the local beauties. I would have pegged it for Sanada's if I hadn't known better. Armor and gear for the others are in there, too."

Ignoring his comments, she nodded, giving orders. "Alright, everyone, gear up. Sanada, you're my back-man. Get your rifle together. I want you watching behind the other group. Si'Akai, get out front on their side and mingle. Keep that SMG shouldered, but no armor. I want you to blend in, Shiny. Keep an eye out for sexy ladies who want to fuck you again. Today, you're just chilling. Have a drink in hand, but don't finish it."

To Garosch, she grinned. "Full gear, big guy. Akki, up front mid-way in the room. If things get bad, you're gonna force that far door closed and we can retreat our way. Shiny-" she smiled, liking the nickname for Si'Akai and deciding she'd keep it "-will fade into the crowd. Meet back at our room. If that seems compromised, get to a Vipran police point. Let them know you're Imperial Arm, and give them the rundown. They're watching us, so they'll have something ready. We'll have to answer questions, but we're not planning to shoot first. What we're doing isn't illegal, just suspicious."

As she turned, she saw that General Soshichi was already getting into his dress uniform, with the gold-on-black stunning in the low lighting. Grinning, she slipped back to grab her golem armor, slipping it easily over her street clothes, and gathering up a Maedar to hold during the meeting. Sanada was already checking the feed on his Nereid, capable of laying down withering fire, and Si'Akai was out in the streets. A light cough confirmed her comms were good, and Ik just passed an acknowledgement with a thought. They were ready in minutes, with Ik'Idassen standing next to Soshichi in his formal attire in the middle of the room, while Sanada and Garosch were in position, with Garosch ready to rush the door in an instant, and Sanada's weapon set up, eyes on the far door. The minutes passed slowly as she fingered the remote that would start up her dependable Watchman.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:36 pm

Suzume

Suzume, wake up.

The void was languidly pierced by the sharp burn of light. The images that once were, had succumbed to the flames, and so they vanished into nothing. Not even wisps of their existence, nor the flicker of their passing had lingered; all that could be seen was the dirty, crowded street before her. Suzume stretched habitually, despite her new, and temporary form, and then began to frame her surroundings. Since their arrival, they had purchased new clothing, and so allowing them to blend into their surroundings much more easily. Of these items, however, most notably was the brown hood Suzume wore, which she pulled over her head as she stood.

''When is the meeting, Scylla?''

Soon, I've already mapped the location out on your visual feed. Until we're close, the other units will remain distant so you do not draw attention.

''Understood,'' Suzume said. She began to walk, following the path laid out for her, and disappeared into the crowds. Somewhere, beyond this sprawling titan of a city, where worlds clashed, was the future of her empire.

''Tracking target,'' a gruff man said, carefully observing a figure through his scope.

''Any sign of the others, Takamoto?'' another man said, lounging in the corner of their already crowded and rundown room. He was twirling a lighter as he puffed on a cigarette, the light illuminating his rough features.

''None yet, I have to hand it to her, or whoever this is, they're a pro,'' Takamoto said, admiring the cat-and-mouse they'd been given the past few days.

''Not pro enough, it would seem,'' the man said, having pat Takamoto on the head.

''Cut it out, Zayasu, last I need is to lose them again!''

Zayasu laughed as he dug into the small fridge behind Takamoto. He stood proud in his efforts as he held a couple of beers, and tossed one to the sniper. ''Lose them... like how you let them give you the slip in that market district yesterday? You got taken out with a watermelon! Or well, I hope it was a watermelon,'' Zayasu chuckled and opened his beer.

''Very funny, I'd love to see you go up against a combat android. I should be glad she threw whatever the fuck that was,'' Takamoto said, rubbing his neck as he checked the scope.

Zayasu reclined back, and flicked his cigarette ashes into his beer, the distinct sizzle drew Takamoto's attention. ''That's disgusting,'' he commented, getting little more than a shrug from Zayasu.

''Going to die one day anyway, might as well make the most of it.''

''When most people say that, they go out and blow money on strippers or buy a new car.''

''To each their own,'' Zayasu grinned, but then his face became more solemn, ''Has any word come through on who this is, or what we are to do? I mean, can't we just shoot her?''

''General Motozawa wants them in the act, we could shoot her, but they'll just send another. It's an android,'' Takamoto said as he peered into the scope, ''She's moving.''

Zayasu sighed, ''And here I was hoping I could enjoy a beer and not move for once,'' he said, getting up and walking over to the sink, passing by the body of the previous owner of the room who laid motionless against the wall, and very dead. Shotguns will do that.

''Maybe you shouldn't have signed up for recon, could be cowering with the rest of the grunts who won't even go near her right now after what happened to Tao. Rest that bastard's soul,'' Takamoto said. He packed his rifle up, and was soon waiting by the door, swatting at flies as Zayasu finished getting his gear. Before long, they were both out.

There came a distinct knock on the door. A pattern that was discussed, as Suzume and her entourage entered. The figures said little as they came into the room. Suzume had appeared from within the group, and pulled her hood from her head.

''I am Empress Suzume Sato of the Divine Realm,'' she said.

Vipra
Diplomat

Postby Vipra » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:36 pm

Grakki walked leisurely through the warren of tunnels, she knew where she had to go and about the general location of the Huerdaens thanks to Parri’s elite hacking skills. Or rather because Parri had pressed a few buttons and co-opted the police feed in the rat-maze. That anyone would think it wasn’t watched didn’t know just how much surveillance went on everywhere the Viprans had their slippery fingers. Especially lost little corners such as this where rebels and smugglers loved to ply their trade. So it had been relatively easy to triangulate just which dark hole they had crawled into.

“We could just watch from afar you know,” the ekonite subvocalized, still in her atoran mimicry as she sauntered down a ramp, “Sit back, crack open a cold one with your girl Grakki, that sort of thing.”

Parri’s voice carried over through a tiny earpiece, “I am doing just that, sitting in this dirty little command center so I can rush in there and save your butt if I have too, drinking with you in spirit. And it is so refreshing.”

“No need to rub it in.”

“I think there is every need. Reminds you what’s waiting if you don’t get turned into soup,” the atoran spoke distractedly, “and besides, don’t you want to make sure your girlfriend makes it out okay?”

Grakki’s chest rose and fell with laughter yet none escaped her, the inaudible rumbles carried through to her partner thanks to the little circular patch on her throat along with her equally imperceptible words, “Yeah, she was great. I’d feel pretty bad if my squeeze got shot before I could show her a real good time. And I’ve still got her vest. It smells so good.”

“You are a top tier creep, you know that?”

“Would you love me so much if I wasn’t?”

“That assumes there is love in the first place,” she heard Parri grumble, and smiled to herself as she switched topics, “Slow down, you are getting close.”

Grakki ceased her subvocal chatter, and stopped on the spot. A glance around ensured no-one was in eyeshot and unless someone was being sneaky they wasn’t a soul in audible range either. Rolling her neck, she sighed slowly to remove the air from her lungs and then dislocated her jaw. Her throat bulged from bottom to top before antennas peaked out from her mouth followed by long chitinous legs. Bending over as the bioconstruct wriggled and squirmed, she eased the centipedal creature to the ground as it eagerly stretched its limbs. As its forelimbs ticked against the floor the tail of the construct left her mouth and was gingerly lowered down by the insect itself. Four feet long, several inches wide with thirty legs and a black chitinous coating and a distinct line down its spine, the bug eagerly snapped the sparking mandibles at both ends of its body. Grinning, Grakki stroked her creation as her jaw snapped back into place.

“Good girl! Who’s a good girl? You are. Yes you are!” she spoke softly and scratched the bug under the chins so it wriggled excitedly, antennas wagging, “Now go get the Huerdaen, go get her!” The big warbled happily, chittered its teeth, and then bolted off on the bristly ankles of its otherwise pointy feet.

Without her natural ekonite armour Grakki couldn’t interface with her bugs, she just wasn’t as skilled as others, but she trusted it to do the job. And that it did, skittering silently up a wall and into a dark edge as it smelled for the scent of Si’Akai as had been programmed into it. It picked up on that soon enough and disappeared entirely from view, chitin shifting to match the colour of the material below the insect’s belly as it rounded an edge. A minute later and it was upon Si’akai, literally dropping onto her and snapping its mandibles against her skin. A rapid series of shocks coursed through her, enough that she dropped to the ground while the insect thoroughly doused the area with paralytics and sleeping gas from vents between its armour plating. Then, once everyone was good and on the ground, it split down the middle and pulled itself open. Legs dug into the ground as the bug’s body stretched and a dozen thin tendrils wrapped around the colourful Huerdaen and her equipment, slowly pulling her onto its back and tightening her into place against its spine before shakily lifting itself and skittering back to its creator.

Needless to say Grakki was quite enthused when her bug loped around a corner and skidded to a stop beside her. Crouching down, she patted the chins of her insectile bioconstruct again, “Good girl! Goooood girl! Now just shift those tentacles a bit and- Yes you are such a good girl,” tendrils wriggled and shifted until the woman was balanced on the creature’s back. That let Grakki make quick work of stripping what little clothing was on her prisoner to begin with and searched her until a tiny communication device was in her hand. Then she leaned down over the woman, rubbed the Huerdaen’s cute little nose with her own, and sighed sadly, “Sorry about this babe, if I figured I could’ve talked you into giving me your stuff I wouldn’t have shocked you. Not this kind of shocker at least. I really didn’t want to get punched in the throat. Or stabbed. Or shot. Or any combination thereof. I’ll make it up to you later.”

Then she kissed Si’Akai deeply, much more than was acceptable to do with someone that had just been shocked unconscious. Pulling back with more than a little regret, the ekonite rolled her shoulders as her skin and tissue writhed, shrinking and slimming down as she mimicked the Huerdaen’s appearance and flourished the unnatural colours into herself consciously. Compressing the muscle tissue was the trick, and made her feel like she was going to fall through the floor with the tiny little feet she ended up with. They were adorable. The moment she was a perfect outward facsimile of the Huerdaen, Grakki pulled on what little amounted for clothes, popped the communicator precisely where it had been located on the unconscious woman, and made sure the subvocalizer on her neck had meshed into her skin colour.

Done up, she tested her new voice, “Okay my little buggie, go take this scrumptious little crumpet back to auntie Parri. And don’t forget to cocoon her! Huerdaen are little powerhouses, also violent. So violent,” she grinned, shooing her creation with a hand gesture as it wagged its antennas eagerly, half its tentacles grabbing and spinning Si’Akai while the rest spun a web around her, “and if anyone asks you are local fauna! After you shock the crap out of them. Good girl.” The bug eagerly chittered as it wrapped the Huerdaen in thick webbing, skittering off with Grakki’s prisoner.

Happy at a job well done and with no body count, Grakki skipped to where Si’Akai had been posted.

Huerdae
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:10 pm

The team had only been there a few minutes before Si'Akai caused the comms to chirp twice, signaling that the party seemed to be approaching. From where she watched across the street, she probably just looked like another local. It was enough to know she was there, and had her eyes open. True to form, less than half a minute later the opposing party arrived, walking into the barracks through the unlocked, public-access door. They stood before her team, with Garosch forward on her left, Sanada back on her right, and General Soshichi immediately behind her right shoulder as she looked them over for weapons.

Of course the most obvious thing was the way they moved, with the oh-so-slightly stiff way of a mechanical body, not that it was the first she'd seen. All around Vipran space full-body prosthetics were in use, so it wasn't a particularly large problem, except that she couldn't properly confirm who was standing before her. Of course, that was the case no matter who ended up sauntering through those doors. Still, the group in front of her appeared to be four identical bodies in various clothes, and one central one that was likely an upgraded model. The way the weight was distributed and the body moved indicated a particularly heavy armor chassis, which was enough to convince her it was the right group.

A quick gasp came over comms from Si'Akai, and she hesitated. However, security was her job, so she took a step back and turned halfway to one side, to make it clear she was talking to someone else over comms while the General stepped forward. "Shiny, squawk."

There was little to no wait before the response of "What's happening?" and Ik'Idassen sighed, shaking her head. The girl had the worst timing in the world.

"Just...keep an eye out." Turning her shoulders back to the team she was meeting, she left it at that, just as the general introduced himself, despite the nagging point in her mind that they were dealing with an Ekonite. If their opposite was good, a quick comms check wouldn't give it away. Not that it mattered now. The Viprans weren't likely to interrupt. They were more likely to observe, which really gave them another layer of protection.

"Pleased to meet you, Empress Suzume Sato. I am General Soshichi Kasu of the Imperial Shield of the Huerdaen Star Empire. I am surprised to converse with your persona in person. I was under the impression I would be dealing with one of your supporters. Perhaps matters are more desperate than was first conveyed to us?"

Despite his words, and the implication that she was perhaps a little too desperate to show up herself, he continued. "It doesn't matter either way. We're willing to offer the following terms in exchange for-"

Suddenly, the call came over comms louder than she'd hoped, as Si'Akai spoke with an edge in her that showed uncertainty, as if her teeth were grinding together in apprehension. "Hostiles!"

Almost immediately after the sound of her SMG firing cut through the door as she attacked the assault groups from the side in her dash to make it to cover. Ik'Idassen grabbed the general by the arm, pulling him roughtly as she spun on her heel, heading back the way they came, calling orders as she flipped the key to her squat walker. "Get back in here, Si! Garosch, kill the door when she's through! Sanada, suppressing fire!"

The team began to move all at once, with the General not even resisting as he turned to sprint for the exit, with Ik'Idassen at his side, arm held out to put her shoulder between his head and any possible enemy fire. The hearty chambering of a round as they passed Sanada was a welcome sound as the power-armored kitsune lined up the automatic weapon.

The heavy door opened behind Suzume's party to reveal Si'Akai sprinting through, in the middle of reloading the lightweight hellfire SMG. Behind her was a door, still hanging open, that revealed a team that dwarfed both groups within the structure, in varying states of disarray. The attack on them had been unexpected as Si'Akai sprinted past, opening fire on them as they approached from the road, but they were already quickly recovering. Many were in cover already, and rounds began hurtling into the building, tearing into the metal-frame bunks and punching holes clear through. In an immediate response, the lighter, buzz-saw like sound of Sanada's Nereid cut through the air, tearing holes through a fireteam that had begun pushing up, trying to use Si'Akai for cover.

She didn't get a look at the attackers as she kept her gaze forward, hearing and feeling the report from Garosch's massive Akki shoulder gun as blood sprayed all the way to her, and parts of someone's intestines slipped and rolled past her across the floor, making the ground slick. The rattling report of the foreign weapons competed with the heavier reports of their Huerdaen counterparts as she reached the door. As the door started opening, the general jerked as his shield burst sent a tingle up her arm, tumbling to the ground off his feet as the bulkhead in front of her deformed from a hit that went straight through the man's chest. Without even breaking stride, she pivoted on her forward foot, hurling his body past the door and out of sight, in case he somehow survived the hit.

The move almost sent her sprawling as her footing slipped on the fresh blood, and her arms and legs flailed wildly for a second as she fought for footing, finally finding it as her shoulder slammed into the deformed wall, right where the round had hit. Desperate to get away from whatever gun that was, she dove forward, into the garage bay at the feet of her Watchman.

In the bay, chaos reigned, as the Empress's party clearly was the primary target of the team. Sanada's gun kept a stream of fire that made the enemy unable to cross a large section of street, and already a dozen or more bodies lay on the metal street, bleeding from multiple small wounds that had cut straight through their body armor. A group of the attackers had turned into a blast of gore and bone shards when struck by a high explosive grenade from Garosch's Akki, but he couldn't get at the door controls to seal the door shut, leaving them to fight it out as Si'Akai kept running back toward the rear of the room.

Racking the slide on the Akki, Garosch stepped out, spitting a three-round burst of explosives at the group that had kept him suppressed, turning the clipping one in the shoulder, just enough to turn the man and the one next to him into a splash of red that covered their companions. In the moment of shock, he knelt at the controls, trying to get the door to close. Fire stitched across his carapace armor, spraying blood as the first heavy footstep thundered through the room, and a second brought the Watchman around the corner in full glory.

The front had sloped armor in ominous black steel, with a grinning skull painted across it, mouth open as if to consume those before it. The arms and legs had chains dangling from their heavily armored joints, their jingling of metal on metal almost imperceptible with each step the woman took in her prized war machine. There were no hands on a watchman, with each arm instead ending in a weapon. The left arm's elbow bore an Aegis barrier emitter, wrapping around the already heavy armor at the joint. The arm ended in a massive flamethrower, and over the same shoulder was an ominous, massive cannon. Her right arm bore the distinctive shape of the famous Huerdaen Hephaestus gun, a 60mm automatic cannon that was as recognizable as anything the Huerdaen produced. Almost immediately, the big gun that took out the general fired, slamming around into the sloped front near where her head would be, but shielding flashed, and the significantly depleted round ricocheted high off the armor, ringing the armor like a gong. Her response was far more decisive.

The heavy cannon on the Watchman's right arm thundered a response that was deafening, completely drowning out the sound from the other weapons firing as the first blast tore the wall out from in front of Takamoto, blasting metal and concrete back into him and breaking multiples of his bones. In less than a second, the following shot destroyed everything left in the room, leaving little more than twisted metal from the weapon and some burning shreds of organic material. Enemy fire pattered against the front plating, some making dents and marks against the skull-markings, but most seemingly harmless as she brought the cannon around, blasting through the cover that even the Akki couldn't pierce, and sending a single recognizable arm away from what had been three people, with the rest becoming shards of flesh and bone mixed with blood.

She took an additional step forward as Garosch continued to struggle with the panel, his face a mask of concentration and pain. She began to move the thing forward, its steps coming so close to the ceiling of the room that it was abundantly clear this was exactly the space the low-built walker was designed for. Another step closer to the door, and even though the enemy continued to approach, with more of the heavy rifles starting to open fire, she met their advance.

Over her shoulder, Sanada cried out in pain, rolling from his position on the bunk as a pair of rounds tore through the armor over his shoulder and down into his ribs, barely missing a killing blow. Suddenly, a streak of fire appeared before her, as a missile shot toward her Watchman. Gritting her teeth, she fought the left arm up into the path of the missile, and the detonation forced her to backpedal desperately, fighting to remain standing. As systems returned, the damage was clear. The blood-red display showed her that the arm had been blasted clear just above the elbow, leaving little but a few sparking contacts past that point, dangling like the chains after the attack. Her advance halted, heavy rounds from the autocannon blasting non-stop into any location the enemy may be concealed from, until both her feet set, bringing the larger, shoulder-cannon to bear.

It only took an instant to sight it in on where she suspected the missile had launched from, judging by the plume, before fire streaked back. The whole of the walker rocked with the Desecrator fired, the giant 105mm railgun forcing her again to take a step back as a line of fire appeared in the air where the round shot through the air and the outer coating burned off, leaving a streak of plasma that quickly burned out into a line of smoke. Where the round impacted was chaos, blasting a hole out of the armored supports, and leaving a hanging incendiary cloud that left two people scrambling out of it, wreathed in flames and unable to even scream.

A grenade, tossed by one of the attackers, rolled to a stop next to Garosch, and he glanced at it, then decided to ignore it. A moment later, the door slammed shut, leaving the grenade unhindered to explode next to the brave Red Eye, throwing his body against the wall where it crumpled, unmoving. Only then did Ik'Idassen realize the weight of her own breathing, somehow reaching her over the alert that warned her of critical damage. Her team was in shambles, and the VIP was probably dead. Slowly, she backed away from the room, shutting down the watchman facing the door to drag Sanada back, only then risking the trip out to confirm that her red eye was, indeed, dead.

Stripping his weapons from him, she returned to the team, to see Si'Akai helping Sanada bind his wounds. Nearby, the general was clearly dead, laying in a heap against the wall where he had died, though he seemed to have crawled a short distance after her throw. Anger swept over her, and she violently kicked the wall, turning her gaze to the foreigners who still remained. Her gaze lingered on Si'Akai, and she just groaned. "Well, Tevirri, was it? Was that even your real name?"

She considered a moment, then leveled the Akki at her chest. "Swear to me on your life that Si'Akai is unharmed. I appreciate the assist, and that you followed orders, but I'm not letting you walk if my little girl's dead."

When assurances were given, she slowly slumped against the wall, turning to the android. "Well, there goes our general. We're-"

Sanada coughed, cutting her off. "Still able to continue, Senior Lieutenant. If they'll accept another command-level officer."

It took Ik a moment for the realization to sink in, where she stood holding the Akki awkwardly, then groaned. "Fuck. Fuck me sideways. Well, Empress, you still wanna chat? I guess I'm your girl."
Last edited by Huerdae on Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:03 pm

Murphy's law. But Murphy's Law came with Huerdaen firepower this time. Bullets were quickly zipping past the Scythians, one android caught a round in the face, it's head exploding into pieces of metal. Scylla had taken over, forcing Suzume into the backseat unable to do anything but watch the horror unfold as she lost control of the body. Discarding the cloak, a compartment opened on her thigh, exposing a concealed automatic pistol. The other-side had come out, and rotated, locking a magazine into place for when it was needed. The other androids had pulled their weapons as well, and very quickly it became apparent to the Huerdaen that the entourage wasn't an enemy as they both began their brutal fight with the agents.

After the .905 had plunged through the door and into the chest of the General, one of the androids shifted and began to return fire. Another round from Takamoto's rifle came careening across the street, barrelling into the android. There was a gasp, or perhaps it was the sound of the rending metal, either way, it's chest was blown open like a can. The android fell back with a thud. As agents started to push in, one android grabbed one by the throat, he screamed and gagged as a blade extended from its arm. It stabbed him in the stomach, the chest, and through the neck, disconnecting his head and then threw it at the next one. This one recoiled back, and the android leapt onto his face, a heal spike jolted through his ballistic helmet causing him to fall back and slide with her momentum. Rounds impacted it as a small group fired desperately at the machine which then exploded, spraying the team across the wall.

Scylla kept Suzume behind a bed, firing when necessary, but was otherwise guiding the other androids. When one broke through, she crushed the bar on the bunk, ripping it free and impaled the man by throwing it like it was a javelin. He slammed back squirming and screaming until two shots of her firearm put an end to it. More agents came through, Scylla turned, her left arm extended, her hand dropped exposing a tube, and fired several small grenade rounds into the man's chest. She shielded her face as he exploded, and then rushed for new cover.

The androids were dwindling in the fight, but they were racking up the count. In bizarre, nightmarish fashion, one extended its joints, creating this horrific figure of extended metal as it leapt onto the ceiling. It ran across, with agents firing frantically at it before jumping on one and delivering a fatal shock. It kicked the mans body at the others, spun, and severed the head of one, stabbed another, grabbed a rifle flying through the air, and drove it through the last one's skull. It was ended by an EMP grenade, causing it to fry before being finished off with a point-blank shotgun blast that turned its head into a frag grenade of shrapnel.

Scylla was all that remained. But the door had come open, and the Huerdaen and Scythians retreated. Scylla reloaded her firearm, and then checked her stomach. A round had gone cleanly through.

''Scylla, are we going to die?''

It hit nothing vital, we'll be fine.

Scylla returned control to Suzume, and instantly the android collapsed through mental exhaustion. The Empress was clearly in shock, and she crawled against the wall taking several breaths. She looked at Ik for a moment, and then began to speak. ''I had received word that the Palace had been compromised by a military agent, Foreign Minister Liao, to be exact. So I came personally, or, as personally as I could. We've been dodging my military intelligence for days now, we weren't sure how to tell you but we didn't want to spook you. I'm sorry for all of this. The Empire needs Huerdaen military support, a war is brewing in Sato, but this time, the throne can't stop it. It's urgently needed, or the throne will fall. We can work out the details, and the Empire is willing to give a lot for this,'' she spoke.

Vipra
Diplomat

Postby Vipra » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:00 am

Everything had become a mess rather quickly after the unfriendlies had shown up. Grakki had been running and gunning, ducking behind cover and cursing her lack of armour all while Parri scrambled all the intel to her that she could. It didn’t help that she had only the vaguest of practice with Huerdaen weaponry and so she was probably whiffing far more than she would have with a proper Vipran gun. She had both her arms still attached after firing however, so perhaps there was something to be said for Star Empire munitions. Also the dexterity of their soldiers, without having to adjust her muscles and bones Grakki was able to sprint and dive behind some fresh cover after her old one started to become rather perforated.

It was all a big bloody mess though. Literally.

Bullets and bombs flew hither and thither, she had to scurry from cover time and again and provide her own covering fire as best she could while others came out with the actual big guns. Her submachine gun might as well have been a plink toy compared to the Akki. Blood had splashed all over and around her when Garosch had fired the first round and after that she’d felt rather under-armed in comparison. Providing covering fire while contorted behind cover was not her ideal, and it wasn’t like she could pull out any of her biological weapons or her cover would be well and truly blown. So she hissed as shrapnel cut and jabbed when rounds broached a little too close for comfort, letting her body bleed rather as opposed to extruding anything helpful.

Given she was pressing further and further into a corner, she had a rather perfect angle to watch the general get damn near bisected. A round ripped through the bulkhead like it was a tin can for target practice and then carried on through the leader of this little diplomatic party, if any Huerdaen group could ever be considered diplomatic, and carried on right into the wall approximately three inches above Grakki’s head. Some more blood and gore spattered her a moment later as she reacted by dropping down and scurrying a little to the side, closing her eyes as a chunk or rib stuck into her cheek. This again impressed upon her that Si’Akai desperately needed an upgrade in terms of firepower and protection as she fired over the verge of her cover blindly and glanced down at the red-coated bone protruding from her face.

Then the watchman groaned and clattered to life. She was slapping in another clip as Ik marched that out, and this time she did alter her biology just in time as the autocannon on the short and stout walker rattled out in the enclosed space. She was only mildly deafened as a result, and nothing she couldn’t fix with unconscious processes, but again she wondered why she was even there in the first place. She was nine-tenths naked and with a gun that might as well have been shooting spitballs in comparison to the skull-marked warmachine. And how had they even gotten that in here in the first place?!

“Is that a motherfucking watchman?” came Parri’s voice in her head, speaking through the tiny comms in her ear.

“Yes,” she did her best to subvocalize, not that it was entirely necessary as the whoosh of a missile was followed by another punishing bang, “and it just got its arm blown off.” She would’ve shouted, but doing that was pretty much impossible with subvocalizing.

Ceasing her talking, firing off another clip without peeking her very fragile head out, she cringed again as the light-tank cannon on the watchman’s shoulder railed out a round that left a proper fire trail in its wake. It also had Parri bothering her again.

“Was that the shoulder gun? What the fuck is happening down there?!”

“I will tell you in a moment,” Grakki responded with a calm she most definitely did not really have as she looked over at Sanada where he was most definitely bleeding out. She was tempted to sprint over to him, but a grenade was hucked in and that put all those ideas out to pasture. Instead she dived behind what little protective cover remained before the nade went off moments after doors slammed shut.

It took a moment to internalize that the fighting was over, however. Not that she felt she had done too much other than spray and pray a lot and get messy. By the time Garosch had sacrificed himself to close the door she was coated near head to toe in blood, burns, shrapnel fragments, and other bits. It was good that Si’Akai’s undergarments fit so snug or she would’ve had to fish pieces of brain out of her knickers after the gore was finished spraying. As it was though she yanked the fragment rib out of her face and flipped it over her shoulder while moving to where Ik had dragged the wounded Sanada. That made her life a little easier, and she began the process of patching him up with what the Huerdaen had on hand.

“So, that was a watchman. We got ambushed,” Grakki spoke to Parri in silence.

“I figured that out after my eardrums nearly exploded seventy times. Also when the police bulletins started screeching about it. The cavalry is heading down there now, and I may have given them a tiny itty bitty tip off that there is heavy ordinance involved. So they are bringing big guns.”

“Bigger than a watchman?” Grakki inspect the wounds and picked out some tools, getting to proper work.

“No, but big enough. They’ll be giving whoever crashed the party some bother. Also you and yours. This has gotten messy.”

“Yeah, tell me about it-”

She didn’t get to finish the thought before her cover name was thrown at her and the real gun in the room was pointed at her center mass. That was a conversation killer. Or starter, in this case, as Ik stared her down and demanded she swear on her life. It was a cute gesture, really, like a Terran pinky swear, “Of course she’s not dead, that would be stupid, she’s safe and sound. If it will make you feel happy, ‘I swear’.”

Rolling her eyes as the Huerdaen officer leaned against the wall, she looked down at the wounded man she was tending and waited for him to finish giving his superior a reminder on how dynamic the Huerdaen chain of command was. Once he was done and the new boss had gone off to tend to the robo-empress, she made some use of herself now that her cover was blown. Cracking her neck, and practically every other bone, she stretched and relaxed, “Okay, so don’t freak out but I am going to stop being Si’Akai now.”

Then she stopped being Si’Akai, her flesh quivering and rippling as she fell back onto a memorized template. Despite taking her clothes off and tossing those aside there wasn’t much opportunity for ogling as her breasts shrank to nothing but pectorals and her feminine characteristics similarly evaporated. Chitin-like growth pushed out of her skin, coating her like thick scales as she scavenged around for meat and found the piles of dead attackers that she picked up and began to eat with all the grace of a woodchipper. That her face was somewhere between Si’Akai’s and her featureless insectile ‘warface’ didn’t help matters as she sucked a hostile’s arm out of the body armour it was encased in and her gizzard audible ground it down. Her mass stabilized and features turned to similar to that of ekonite living armour, albeit without most of the benefits therein. There was some protection however and she just plain felt better covered in a black armoured exoskeleton, six eyes hidden behind an organic one-way visor while a far more comfortable mouth of four rending mandibles and numerous hidden sacs wriggled while she listened in to the robotic head of state and Huerdaen officer talk.

She made sure both sets of comms were still in place and worked before activating her subvocalizer again, relaying everything she heard. Military intelligence, war brewing, and the need for support. Those were all things that could be worked with. She wasn’t about to interject just yet though, having already earned more than a little ire from the Huerdaen by replacing one of their number. So instead she continued eavesdropping and tended to Sanada again. This time, however, she had several prehensile tongues which she could use to safely extract bullet fragments and chemically cauterize the wound unless he scrambled away.

Huerdae
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:16 am

Ik'Idassen listened quietly to the empress, but with each word that came out, the woman's face fell further and further from friendly to an almost hostile scowl. Everything here was wrong. The woman knew she was being tailed and dogged, and hadn't told them? Two of hers were dead in an ambush that they could probably have avoided if they had only known. The sheer lack of insight that the woman showed was staggering. They were nothing to her, and it was like a hot knife straight into her gut.

"Oh, right, Miss Empress ma'am, you said sorry. That just makes it all better. I'll go tell So'Shichi and we can see if he'll just get right back up because you're sorry. Lady, you cost two of my team their LIVES. And another is wounded. Big Girl is badly damaged and won't go far on its own, so if Tevirri's 'friends' are assholes, we're all gonna be fucking dead. After I kill her."

She turned her head, yelling at the Ekonite sharply. "Ya hear that, Tevirri? Ah'll fucking kill you if your bitch friends don't help us! Or if Si'Akai is dead! And now ah'm Command, so you better fucking believe ah'll do it!"

Her anger was palpable, dropping back into her more comfortable, habitual way of speaking, indicating her homeworlder roots from even just he accent alone. When her mind registered what she was seeing, though, she lost all momentum, watching the creature shift and form and break itself to reform anew. Her face turned about as pale as her fellows, despite normally having a minor tan. Her jaw worked in both anger and uncertainty until finally spat, unable to get the bad taste out of her mouth.

"I can't believe I kissed you. You're some sort of freak."

It wasn't until the thing went back to work on Sanada that she abandoned completely, though, her stomach churning as she looked away. Despite the man's armor, the rounds had punched straight through, so any help was appreciated, despite how it appeared.

"Alright, alright, I know it's helping, but...it's...right. Fuck, that's disgusting."

After a second, she yelled over her shoulder.

"Sanada if you're being raped or anything just...choke loudly!"

Leaning against the wall, she tried to avoid hearing the wet noises that the Ekonite made as it tended to her team-mate, and sighed, covering her face in a hand. "Look, Empress. The Star Empire is willing to help, but ah got more issues right now. Those doors can hold for a while, but if they can hurt big girl, we gotta move. Worse, Garosch was the only one who could move down here easily. ah know he trapped the way we came from, so we gotta find a new way out. Let's get walking, or this could be a while. There's over 20 floors of this place, but the 'pedes probably opened those toward the top. Let's see if we can head up. If we can get out to their imperials instead of the locals, chances are we can make this a diplomatic incident instead of a civil one. If we stay here, though, there's gonna be another firefight, and we're in no shape for it."

Glancing back at Sanada, she suppressed her nausea, and went back to gather up a bunk, turning it into a gurney on which to drag her squadmate. With his armor as well, dragging caused a hellish shriek with each step, and she grimaced. Only when she saw Si'Akai's distinctive clothes on the ground did she groan, daring a look back at the Ekonite. "You had to strip her? Really? She's just a kid, Tevirri. You had to pick on the little sister, didn't you? Ah shoulda stopped her."

Gritting her teeth, she called out to the android, taking another few steps forward and leaving the Watchman where it was, aware that it may be stolen, but betting on the locals to take it instead of the foreigners. If the locals got it, she may JUST be able to get it back. Out of patience, angry at her the deaths of good people, she snapped harshly at the foreigner.

"Move it, Empress! S'gonna be a long day!"
Last edited by Huerdae on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:50 am

Suzume was taken aback by Ik's hostility, but it wasn't unwarranted. She looked at the others, whether they liked it or not, they were in this mess together. At least for the time being. ''There was simply no time to warn you. Even if I could, I can't imagine how that conversation would have gone, arriving and telling you we were compromised. Might as well have shot me then. I could have let my initial envoy arrive, who, to my knowledge were all compromised,'' she said, taking a look at the shapeshifter. It was unnerving to watch, but she shook the shiver and looked back at Ik.

''You would have had more casualties had I not come. They had no intention of talking, which should be evident. I'm sorry you've lost two of your people, but I'd rather they not have died without a reason. And a good one. So let's give them a good one,'' she said. She eyed her sidearm, and debated putting it away, but decided to keep it. The rest of the androids that had come with her had been destroyed, and other than her new entourage, she didn't have much else to protect herself.

Suzume started to move with the group, going deeper into whatever corridors this structure yielded. Back home, the Empire was taking its last few breaths. She could feel it dying, it had been for sometime, and she wondered if she could save it. If not how it was, then maybe make it anew. A new life. A new Empire. The road ahead was uncertain.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents