NATION

PASSWORD

A Warlords Challenge (Aurelius members only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

A Warlords Challenge (Aurelius members only)

Postby Velucana » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Orc chief and warlord, Gulzig, has been challenged to an honor duel by King Ragvir Iron-Helm 'the Bear' after Gulzig gave Ragvir a list of demands that included land and large tribute or he would burn and pillage the Kingdom of Eastmarch. The two prepare to meet each other at fort Greymoor for the duel to save Eastmarch. Who will be victorious? Only the Gods will decide that...

Edum Ace
Envoy

Founded: Dec 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Edum Ace » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:26 pm

*King Ragvir Iron-Helm stands in front of the Palace of the Kings, his mind racing from thought to thought about his upcoming honor duel with Orc Chief Gulzig. He takes a moment before entering the Palace*

"The Dorells have retired to their rooms for the night." Kailstig says while holding a bottle of mead at the long table. "Come, have a seat, it's been too long since we've talked like friends."

*Ragvir chuckles a bit and sits down at the table across from his childhood friend*

"I suppose you're right." Ragvir picks up a bottle of mead and begins to drink it. "Sometimes I regret what we did."

"Are you referring to Wrenlore?" Kailstig replies.

"Aye, killing a brother is something no man should have to do." Ragvir says in a somber tone.

"Sometimes I regret it too, there's nothing you can do to change the past."

*The two sit in silence for a few minutes*

"Do you think I'll live through this, fighting the Orc Chief?" Ragvir asks while looking down at his drink.

"You're a tough bastard, you can handle whatever he has." Kailstig says confidently

"Still, I have a promise to keep so let's have a plan going into it, I say we station 10,000 archers hidden outside the fort as well as 5 catapults." Ragvir says continuing to look at his bottle. "Inform Varro as well, we leave at sunrise."

"I'll tell him right away." Kailstig walks away.

*Ragvir sits alone at the long table taking occasional glances at the bracelet Valessa had put on his wrist*

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:12 pm

At that moment Varro walks in the room, slightly tipsy from all the wine he consumed with Alard s they talked about a great many things.

"My lord! You could not have chosen a better family to marry into. Alard, what a smart and knowledgeable man. I could talk to him forever, but his son...let us just say he is a few scrolls short in the library."

He sits down and starts to ramble on about his new friend

Edum Ace
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edum Ace » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:19 pm

*Ragvir sits in silence and allows Varro to continue rambling for a few minutes before interrupting him*

"We're leaving for Fort Greymoor at sunrise, it's time to put a stop to this Orc Chief." Ragvir says. "Will you be coming with?"

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:32 pm

Varro stops abruptly and is taken back by the bluntness.

"Oh, well I um, yes. What is the plan? When are we leaving, my lord?"
Last edited by Velucana on Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edum Ace
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edum Ace » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:39 pm

"We'll do our best to hide 10,000 archers and 5 catapults, and if the Orcs show any signs that they won't honor the duel then I will give the signal to open fire." Ragvir stands up from the table. "We leave in the morning."

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:52 pm

"Of course my lord, but don't you think they have scouts watching the fort? I-"

At that moment Phinis Dorell come walking in from behind a corner, he was listening the whole time to the conversation.

"I would love to come as well! Thank you for asking, my king. I too shall be ready first thing in the morning for our trip to... Oh what was it? 'Greymoor' was it?."

Edum Ace
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edum Ace » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:55 pm

*Ragvir stares at Phinis for a few moments*

"No."

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:05 pm

"Well, whatever the name of it may be, I am most excited to go see you kick those savage beasts asses. I shall have my fathers guards come with me and the horses ready."

Edum Ace
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edum Ace » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:10 pm

*Ragvir inches closer to Phinis*

"What makes you think you think you can come along?" Ragvir asks in an deep annoyed voice

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:21 pm

"Well, we are to be family soon. I must be present to show my support. Besides, I can't let you all have the fun if it goes south." Phinis says as he starts to drink some mead. "I will of course behave and watch like everyone else in the meantime."

Phinis smiles and takes a seat next to Kailstig nudging his shoulder
Last edited by Velucana on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edum Ace
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edum Ace » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:25 pm

"Very well, you may join, may the Gods have mercy on you if this goes bad." Ragvir says. "May the Gods have mercy on us all."

*Ragvir walks off towards the door to the staircase, he then walks to Valessa's door and knocks on it*

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:46 pm

A few moments go by and a maid answers the door.

“My lord, Lady Valessa is getting ready for bed and has asked not to be disturbed. She is bath-“

The maid is interrupted mid sentance

“Amarie, you may let the king in.”

“As you wish, my lady.”

Ragvir walks in to find Valessa a copper bathtub, her chest barely covered by the water line. The window is open and steam can be seen rising off of the water in the moonlight shining through the window.

“I was hoping you would stop by to say goodnight.” she says with a soft and melodious tone in her voice

The light is dim due to a few candles lighting the beautiful room

Edum Ace
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edum Ace » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:51 pm

*Ragvir walks in and kneels beside the bathtub*

"Actually I was hoping we could spend the night together?" Ragvir says while looking Valessa in the eyes.

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:17 pm

Valessa smiles and stands up, exposing her body to ragvir as the water drips down off her and looks down at the king kneeling before her. Her skin is soft and silk like smelling of many foriegn flowers that filled her bath

“I thought you would never ask, Ragvir.”

Edum Ace
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edum Ace » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:17 am

*Ragvir picks Valessa up in his arms and carries her to her bed before undressing himself and getting into the bed with her, placing his lips against hers and holding her close. Soon after the sound of the crackling fire is joined by the sound of hushed moaning. Ragvir awakes a few hours later as the sun starts to rise, he sits up in the bed and looks down at Valessa and kisses her on the forehead before exiting the room and heading to his own*

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:49 pm

Varro slowly wakes up in his room rubbing his eyes as the light creeps through the shutters to his windows. He stumbles on up from his bed and starts to get dressed in his official Imperial Elder Council robes. He slowly, but proudly places his Amulet of the Elder Council around his neck for the occasion. Phinis and his guard have been up for 2 hours now getting prepared and taking every order Phinis gives to them, no matter how useless and small they are.

"Soldier!!" Phinis shouts at him "Are the horses ready yet? I told you that they are to be ready for us to go as soon as the king is ready to leave you pig shit"

"Sir, they are all saddled and ready to go." a servant replies

"Sir?! Why you little piglet! I am your prince you insolent shit and you shall speak when addressed!"

Phinis kicks the guard in the face with his steel armor boot, causing the man to fall to his knees as he grabs the back of his head where he was kicked.

"A thousand apologies my prince. It will not happen again."

Edum Ace
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edum Ace » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:09 pm

*Just then Ragvir, who is now dressed in his Nordic war armor, walks up to the servant and reaches his hand out and helps him to his feet*

"It would be wise not to do that again Phinis." Ragvir says. "You need to treat your men with respect, no matter how low their position."

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:12 pm

"Of course, my lord. I forget that I am not in High Rock anymore. I shall do my best to refrain from disciplining my people while here." Phinis says with a very slight hint of insolence in his voice. "These servants do not know their place at times and must be taught it. Think of them as children that just need a spanking."

Phinis goes to yank on the reigns of his horse, but the animal does not like this. His horse kicks up and he falls flat on his ass.

"You little piss pot!" Phinis shouts at the servant "I thought you said the horses were properly saddled. You will pay for this you shit!"

"Si- I mean, m- my prince, the horses were saddled and ready to go. You scared the horse by yanking the-"

"Are you calling me a liar?! You are done, finished. Your family will starve because of you. LEAVE!! LEAVE MY SIGHT YOU LITTLE S"WIT!!"

In shame and horror, the servant runs as fast as he can before the wrath of Phinis can be inflicted upon him and maybe his family

Edum Ace
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edum Ace » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:27 pm

*Ragvir pulls Phinis by the shoulder and spins him around so they're face to face*

"I don't like you, I think you're a spoiled brat who was given too much." Ragvir says. "If you keep it up, I'll personally teach you some Nordic manners."

*Ragvir gives Phinis a stern look before mounting his horse*

"It's time."

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:04 pm

Phinis motions a soldier off a horse and mounts it with a scowl on his face.

"Says the one who killed his own brother on the words of his councilors..." Phinis mumbles under his breath

A messenger rides up to Ragvir with a sealed message container.

"My king, an urgent message from fort Greymoor. They made me ride as fast as I could from Whiterun to get to you. Changed horses I do not know how many times." The soldier says while handing it over to Ragvir

Edum Ace
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edum Ace » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:13 pm

*Ragvir swiftly takes the container from his hands*

"Thank you for bringing this to me." Ragvir says.

*Ragvir opens the container and pulls out the letter*

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:15 pm

The message reads

My King,

Chief Gulzig has captured Fort Greymoor with 25,000 warriors and is currently marching on Whiterun. He is burning and pillaging as he goes, laying waste to all the villages and farms he comes upon. The people of the hold are in complete panic and fleeing in masses to the surrounding villages and towns. Riverwood has taken the most refugees in, but if under siege they will surely starve. The Jarl has completely abandoned the city and made his was north to fort Dunstad. Commander of the guard in Whiterun has declared marshal law and prepares for a siege. In desperate need. Hurry.

-Commander Lorik

Edum Ace
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edum Ace » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:41 am

*Ragvir clutches the letter tightly in his fist*

"Send word to have 5,000 infantry and 5,000 cavalry units ready and on their way to Whiterun as soon as possible!" Ragvir barks his orders at the people around him. "If these bastards want a fight then we'll give them a fight and send them running back to Orsinium."

*Ragvir mounts his horse and looks towards the legion of 10,000 archers behind him, he then looks to Kailstig to his left then Phinis to his right*

"The people of Whiterun are currently under attack by a band of orcs, and I don't intend on letting them have their way with my people, OUR people!" Ragvir yells. "When we get there you all better be ready for a bloody fight and show no mercy!"

*Ragvir tugs on the reigns signalling for the horse to move forward, followed by Kailstig, Phinis, Varro, and the legion of archers marching behind them as they make their way towards the city of Whiterun*

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Founded: Nov 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:36 pm

*The moring is colder than most and the air is thick and still, Gulzig and a hooded towering orc stand in a field just outside Whiterun looking at a battle map.*

"*The hooded Orc looks over to Gulzig.*"you don't plan on fighting fair anymore do you?."

"Fair? that word was made by the weak so they could win battles like the great bear of Skyrim, what could he accutually gain by challenging me to an honor duel he would only be caught in the middle of thousands of Orcs."

*Gulzig motions for for a soldier.*

"I want you to gather three of the fastest scouts and send each to one of these locations and have them bring back detailed information about The bears troop movements, also gather 30 strong members of the clan to make up fire jugs and send them to the middle pass with these plans."*Gulzig hands the soldier a closed letter.*"Now move your ass."

*The Orc stumbles before running full speed toward the settlement. Gulzig looks back to the tall orc.*

"Now you remember your battle stragety right."

*The tall orc is already walking away."Of course I know, I'm not like you."*
Last edited by The Land of Matrix on Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents