NATION

PASSWORD

DITCHED: An Aristocatic Tail

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

DITCHED: An Aristocatic Tail

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:09 pm

[title] An Aristocat's Tail

[desc] @@RANDOMNAME_1@@, a very wealthy widowed @@MAN@@, with a vast fortune consisting of- 3 mansions, 15 luxury cars, priceless artworks, jewellery and a vineyard decided to leave @@HIS@@ entire estate to @@HIS@@ pet cat "Fofo". Up on @@HIS@@ death, @@HIS@@ grandchildren decided to take the matter to court and after several indeterminate decisions, the matter has been brought to your office.

[validity] must allow capitalism, must allow inheritance, must allow alcohol, must allow cars

[option] "Those cars are fully sick, cus! They should be mine!" suggests @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, the grandson of the deceased, who performed 6 burnouts before entering your office. "What's a cat gonna do with 'em cars? The cat doesn't even know where to find the best backyard mechanics! Like my bro who found a gear box that fell off the back of a truck! Give me the cars, cus!" He exits your office and performs donuts
[effect] hoons are given free cars

[option] "Pop owned a winery?" asks party girl, @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, the previous speaker's first cousin, whilst popping party poppers in your office "It's really hard to find good, cheap, grog, so if I owned a business I can make booze for a living! woo! I can also have parties on the big land. Gotta go! Party in 10! Woo!"
[effect] businesses are placed into the custody of alcoholics

[option] "My client had every right to leave @@HIS_1@@ inheritance to the cat!" comments @@RANDOMNAME@@, the executor of the will "@@HE_1@@ specifically told me that @@HIS_1@@ grandkids refused to look after @@HIM_1@@ when @@HE_1@@ broke @@HIS_1@@ leg, condemning @@HIM_1@@ to an F-grade nurcing home for the rest of @@HIS_1@@ life! Not only that, but they refused to visit @@HIM_1@@! Besides, @@HE_1@@ thinks that @@HIS_1@@ grandkids are irresponsible with money!"
[effect] homeless heirs get to see their pets live in luxery

[option] "Meow meow meow pur pur meow meow!" states Fofo, who refuses to move from your desk "Meow meow meow pur meow pur pur meow!"
[effect] meow meow pur
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Sacara
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2014

Postby Sacara » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:45 pm

:rofl:

A few comments:
  • There's an awful lot of validities for this issue
  • There is quite of bit of clauses in the description's first sentence. Maybe attempt to break it up? Comma after court. While we are on validities, you'll need to add 'has judiciary'. I suggest just scrapping the whole court thing and have the grandchildren come straight to @@LEADER@@.
  • Who uses 'fully sick, cus'? Lol. The guy is pretty cringey to be honest. Forgot a period at the very end.
  • I don't understand the difference between option one and two, and the difference between option three and four.
  • There's a lot of macros in option three, and it's hard for me to follow. This isn't a problem, just an observation.
  • I love the last option. Make sure you put a period after desk. :clap:
Overall, I love this issue. ;)
Last edited by Sacara on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Sacara wrote::rofl:

A few comments:
  • There's an awful lot of validities for this issue

Yea, but they're all necassary

• There is quite of bit of clauses in the description's first sentence. Maybe attempt to break it up? Comma after court. While we are on validities, you'll need to add 'has judiciary'. I suggest just scrapping the whole court thing and have the grandchildren come straight to @@LEADER@@.

• That's a brilliant idea, thanks!
  • Who uses 'fully sick, cus'?

• You'd be surprised by how common it is
  • I don't understand the difference between option one and two, and the difference between option three and four.

• Good call on options 1 & 2. However, option 3 is from the perspective of the deceased, whilst option 4 is just listening to a cat meow
  • There's a lot of macros in option three, and it's hard for me to follow. This isn't a problem, just an observation.

• Ok
  • I love the last option. Make sure you put a period after desk. :clap:

• Thanks!
    Overall, I love this issue. ;)

Thanks!
    Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
    All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
    You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
    From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
    Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
    I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Candlewhisper Archive
    Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
    Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:16 am

161 Where There's a Will There's a Tax covers this premise.
    editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Return to Got Issues?