NATION

PASSWORD

Sentient Nature: Return of the Snake Queen (sign up/ooc)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Harbertia wrote:*thinks*
I think ya'll where suppose to determine whose going to start the meeting and then decide a course of action to take and I would then carry the story on based on the decision of the meeting.

Sounds good.

Excellent :D
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:19 pm

It's great to see the IC active but alas; you have made the same mistake of believing the meeting mentioned is the council meeting :(

I do apologize for what ever brought about this confusion that has plagued the RP.

I am so sorry for this confusion. I guess calling it simply 'the meeting' is the root of this :( It feels like the RP is just wrecking because of it.

... I know it isn't fair to those of you who have altered your posts upon learning of the error but- eh... I really want the RP to continue and if that means rolling with this error despite what was established in posts regarding the character of Carnegie- I just- I'll roll with it if ya'll want but- I know it isn't fair to ya'll who wrote such great posts :( So that's why I'm asking.

I know our newst player can alter his post as well but- eh... ya'll all made the mistake and I'm sorry for that I really am.

Achidyemay wrote:Olufemi had been through many rabbit warrens in his life and they were always a bit cramped and small for his liking. Nonetheless, there were scarcely better ways to get around unnoticed, and with the streets above covered in celebration it would be hard for him to get anywhere in any amount of time at all. The chaos of the celebration did penetrate the ground in places it seemed, as whenever the cavern widened into a large enough room for more than one person, there was a party. Off the streets, many rabbits had already drank themselves into a stupor and those who hadn't were engaged in activities that their species was famous for. Despite the distractions and the fact that he had not used these warrens in years, Olufemi found his way through easily, stopping only once to ask a copulating couple for directions in an area that had been changed since he had been here last. These warrens, of course, were the warrens under the castle, and Olufemi had used them in the past to take the keep.

Sliding a loose stone out of the way, Olufemi crept into the kitchen. The warren had been specifically dug to end under one of the tables, but it seems that the kitchen had been renovated and the table moved. Olufemi found this out when the cervine chef barking orders tripped over the sudden otter. Starlings took flight from his horns as he crashed to the ground. Olufemi cringed.
"Sorry about that." The otter said, quickly rushing to the deer's aid.
"Just what I needed, an otter in the kitchen," The chef quickly regained his composure and footing. Almost immediately birds landed on his antlers.
"Sorry, sorry, no one told me that the kitchen had been rearranged."
"Yes well, I was certain that those holes had been filled, so it looks like we had both been lied to." He grumbled something about a snake going for his ankles.
"Well have a drink on the Lutris tab, take it easy hoofed-one." Olufemi said, slipping through the kitchen door
"Hmph..." The deer said.

The castle itself hadn't changed, but the interior design was all over the place. Back in the day, everything was designed for snake use with the other species' needs serving as an afterthought. Now it seemed everything was trying to service every animal under the sun, of all shapes and sizes. It wasn't an elegant solution, but Olufemi respected the inclusive nature of it. The Isle had had something similar in its last years. He arrived at the thrown room. He hadn't been here when she had, in fact, he had never met the Tyrantess, as a diplomat or combatant, but the sight of the dais still sent a shiver down his spine. With resolution, he crossed the floor to the dais, crossing over it with irreverence and entering the hallway behind it. Already he could hear shouting coming through the thick door, and he put his ear against it, leaning casually against the wall. Some bits were harder to glean than others, but he got most of it.

Harbertia wrote:"MY protection?"

"No not what I mean no, I was saying you as a stand in for any generic being who may partake in such business."

"Please... please. Trade is a primary concern. Walsh flourished on the trade of those in bondage, and with our liberation Walsh must focus on another source of income. Her coast and riverbanks still carry the gems of a flourishing trade network but without some industry to capitalize on our only hope may be in agriculture."

"Marconi, we know your support of 'agrarianizing' the region but such is simply not fiesable- this is a trade town; our land has large farms for food- formerly held by the masters of yesteryear but we've already divided that land among the liberated. Industrial levels of production as you seek will not be achieved with out consequences that may jeopardize the emerging craft economy. With in these walls are smiths, many smiths- who once made shackles, weapons, and armor for the masters but now- now they can turn to peace and with in the mountains- despite the raids- are minerals for the building of an economy around manufactured goods. All we need is an army to unroost those owls."

"An army it's self needs weapons, an army it's self needs food, and if we loose the mines in this 'war' what do we do then?"

Their was a break, and Olufemi pictured Councilman Marconi looking smug and satisfied. This simply wouldn't do.
"Councilmen," Olufemi said walking through the door, "I couldn't help but overhear you all screaming down the halls." He immediately noticed the others there, a few matched the descriptions of bounty hunters that operated in the area. "Let me share my report for what the owls are doing in the mountains. What they have there is nothing short of a cult of personality, but ostensibly they preach equality for all animals. It's a bit of a wild card, but it should sound familiar." He traced a claw along the mural depicting Samuel turning down the crown, it was outlined by animals holding hands. "We don't have the resources for a full army, not yet, many of our best soldiers were killed in the war anyway." There was a beat of silence. "I have reason to suspect that Sala is in the mountains, but we will need their cooperation to find her. If we approach them looking for unity, they shouldn't be able to turn us down. "

So I'm saving it here.

*I love the mural.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Ralioskener
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 22, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Ralioskener » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:40 am

Ah, I see. Well I’m still good to RP if that helps. I can redact that edit I made on my post, and I still have a copy of my latest post which I voided. Sorry for not being so active, I’ve been busy with IRL stuff and such.
dead nation oof

mainly used as an rp account now

Achidyemay
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:09 pm

Harbertia wrote:*Some really important stuff*

:oops: Oh my goodness I am super sorry about that. I read that as another room, not another building, I don't even know why. And you had even highlighted it and everything in the OOC, Jesus this is one grade A mess.

Honestly, it's an easy fix to have that otter pop up in any ol' keep, so an edit wouldn't be a big deal, but if this seems like it may just be a thing, then having the discussion in the main building probably wouldn't be that bad (and security leaks could be interesting to role play for those in the more antagonistic role).
Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Holy See of Vanquishment
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

TRADE/TARIFF WARS

Postby Holy See of Vanquishment » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:20 pm

Currently our NAVY of Holy See of Vanquishment is low on bouys, life vests, and flotation devices.
Tourism is an offer for sales, but we have large bird eating snakes infesting the trees and sailors wish to beseige mermaids.
It leaves our nation into possible man over board dreamworks realities.
The beach is safe for tourism, but avoid New Guinea since our Civil War is fresh. No need to attack.
We are Civil War Bloodbath survivors in West Guinea exclusively. Peace and merging both Guineas is possible.
West Guinea offers our flag to Boston Liberation of the United states if a revolution is in need.
Our military is strong, but our populous is weak at 7M.
:rofl:

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse