NATION

PASSWORD

Sentient Nature: Return of the Snake Queen (sign up/ooc)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Sentient Nature: Return of the Snake Queen (sign up/ooc)

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:03 pm

LINK TO THE IC THREAD
(yes you can still apply for the game)

Our story begins in a small state called Walsh only recently liberated from a tyrannical family of serpents by a Mongoose adventurer who turned down leadership and arranged a governing council. Though few realized, and none told, the public that not all of the Tyrantess's children had been slain. They sent bounty seekers in search of her, and time past- now she has returned to claim her place upon the dais of power. She is making her moves- attempting to obtain allies- and only you and your associates have been entrusted with knowledge of this. What will you do with the Snake Queen's Return? Will you combat her with sly tact, attempt to find and face her head on, or will you attempt to gain her trust- perhaps serving as a double agent- or simple spy? The choice is yours but the Council is clear- she must be stopped.

Character Sheet
(Multiple Characters are allowed)
Code: Select all
[b]Character Name[/b]:
[b]Animal[/b]:
[b]Biographical Details[/b]: (it's a world with sentient animals who possess limited tool use [based on physical limitations], civilization, religion, speech, and craft)
[b]Equipment[/b]: (IF ANY)

List of Primary Player Characters

List of Secondary Player Characters

Lore
Tyrantess - Title of the Ruler of the state prior to it's liberation by Samuel, the Mongoose.

Tyrantee - Title of the daughters of a Tyrantess

Tyranter - Title of the sons of a Tyrantess

Chairman/Chairwoman - President of the governing Council

Singular: Councilor Plural: Councilmen - The twelve governors of the state these titles. Alternatively one can call them Governor or Governess.

Sala is the 8th daughter of the Tyrantess Sevetea; and the youngest surviving daughter at the time of our liberation. Her younger sisters having been eaten by her cruel mother. Sala was the least favored of Sevetea's spawn, and was not to inherit the dais of power. However our Liberator Samual has made her the last of her dynasty before his departure. She was once captured by birds of prey who contacted us only for her to escape before she could be retrieved. Now she has returned, and is somewhere in the land inevitably plotting her rise to power.

Personality
The 'Softest' of Sevetea's children Sala like the younger ones after her was despised by her mother. Though one shouldn't take her courtesy as benevolence- as a youth she was fed baby mice gathered from the village. She's a predator regardless of words she is not to be trusted. She is an enemy of the new state- a swift end - a discrete end- is preferable lest our generation be afflicted by the same treatment. It's best we keep this from getting to the public, our state needs stability- needs to feel that it's safe without the Tyrantess's "PROTECTION". They need to know that the internal threat is gone- we have only the outside to fear. Thus keeping her associates underwraps or silenced is desired.

Snakes can talk, eat, and relax but are incapable of crafting in any fashion. As such those Snakes that do find themselves welcomed in civilization rely on the labor of others; be it for body art, jewelry, etc. In such cases Mice are typical with slavery of mice being common among serpentine states which in such cases utilize them for food and labor. However such states don't tend to last long, rodents can easily in numbers take out a serpentine tyrant which typically lounges in luxury and thus becomes dulled of reflex and strength. As snakes can live on worms, grubs, and fish who fall outside the realm of sentient beings, such is what their diet tends to consists of among civilized folk.

Societies
Snakes that do form large communities tend to do so around powerful female figures due to female snakes tending to be the larger of the two sexes along with other biological factors. As is typical of snakes such 'Queens' are serviced by cohorts, 'masters', and at times slaves. All snake societies that seek to have even ground with their neighbors will rely on labor from some creature capable of tool use, and frequently these are mice who double in most cases as a food source.

Legends
Howard, edit this section.
Snakes are, among mammals, featured in some common roles. As guardians of some treasure, a being of sinister force, or traitors. The Mongoose, a traditional enemy of the snake, is in some legends a liberator as quite a few 'Tyrantesses' have met their end by such beings. Few examples of 'good' snakes can be found in mammal lore, though when they are featured they are done so as exceptions- the loyal indebted serpent is an example of this. While it's typically advised in other cultures not to help a snake such archetypes in lore tend to have been saved by the main protagonist of a legend and to continue to aid that protagonist in gratitude; even going so far as to guard them while they give birth or wait for eggs to hatch. Such stories are not common due to fear of some young avian or mammal getting the wrong idea about a creature that could very well consider them a meal. When it comes to unusual powers mind control via suggestion is a common attribute. While it's frequently exaggerated in legends snakes do have a way of entrancing creatures by swaying and bobbing of the head. It's all about being the center of focus- and works best in conversation. It's taught primarily as a hunting tactic though it has other uses. Due to it's prevalence among their kind it doesn't work on other snakes save the younger ones who are perhaps learning how to use it.

Good Snake
Howard, remove this section- the only good snake is a dead snake.
Among other kinds the Good Snake is the one that doesn't want to kill you. Among themselves the Good Snake 'Strikes to Sustain, or Defend, and if in Defense always gives warning if venomous' and 'A Good Snake should always act Venomous even if they are not'. By them it's also said 'A Good Snake honors friends, but keeps only those friends they can maintain'. It's also said by them that 'A Good Snake doesn't kill a friend without permission; if such is a sacrifice let that be honored.'

Note to self, create copies of this document for use by our associates.

Technology is Medieval at most.

OP Schedule: I'm able to post Mon-Friday 3:40 PM to 10:00 PM; Saturday from 5 AM to at most 2 PM; Sunday 5 AM to 10 PM Eastern Standard Time.
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 20 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Tagging. Looks interesting. Kinda reminds me of the Redwall series I used to read lol. Is it similar in that vein, if you are familiar with those books?
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:14 pm

NewLakotah wrote:Tagging. Looks interesting. Kinda reminds me of the Redwall series I used to read lol. Is it similar in that vein, if you are familiar with those books?

:) I am indeed. I read those books in High School (not all of them mind you but a few about three I think) :) You've got me interested in seeing what kind of character you play due to our shared interest in Redwall.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Harbertia wrote:
NewLakotah wrote:Tagging. Looks interesting. Kinda reminds me of the Redwall series I used to read lol. Is it similar in that vein, if you are familiar with those books?

:) I am indeed. I read those books in High School (not all of them mind you but a few about three I think) :) You've got me interested in seeing what kind of character you play due to our shared interest in Redwall.

Good to hear! I read almost all of them back around middle school to high school. Been awhile now... but, I'll have to draw on some memories from that book to create a character for this. I always loved that series though lol, so this RP caught my attention pretty quick.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:23 pm

NewLakotah wrote:
Harbertia wrote::) I am indeed. I read those books in High School (not all of them mind you but a few about three I think) :) You've got me interested in seeing what kind of character you play due to our shared interest in Redwall.

Good to hear! I read almost all of them back around middle school to high school. Been awhile now... but, I'll have to draw on some memories from that book to create a character for this. I always loved that series though lol, so this RP caught my attention pretty quick.

You continue to bring a smile to my face.

I use to have a name for the state the RP takes place in but I recently tranfered to a new computer and lost man of my files due to a thumbdrive error. As such I actually don't know the name of the state this RP takes place in. The lose of my work (which began last year) is part of why the OOC is brief :) If you have a suggestion I'll use it unless a name isn't that important for getting involved.
Tomorrow is made today.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:29 pm

Harbertia wrote:
NewLakotah wrote:Good to hear! I read almost all of them back around middle school to high school. Been awhile now... but, I'll have to draw on some memories from that book to create a character for this. I always loved that series though lol, so this RP caught my attention pretty quick.

You continue to bring a smile to my face.

I use to have a name for the state the RP takes place in but I recently tranfered to a new computer and lost man of my files due to a thumbdrive error. As such I actually don't know the name of the state this RP takes place in. The lose of my work (which began last year) is part of why the OOC is brief :) If you have a suggestion I'll use it unless a name isn't that important for getting involved.

Ah i see, that's too bad then. Yeah, I don't know much for names haha. I don't know if it matters that much, I don't think.

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:37 pm

NewLakotah wrote:
Harbertia wrote:You continue to bring a smile to my face.

Ah i see, that's too bad then. Yeah, I don't know much for names haha. I don't know if it matters that much, I don't think.

That's good to know ^_^
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:41 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:Not over the top, and kind of subtle in the danger and power of the snakes.
Though this gives me 2nd coming vibes if jesus just said "welp, bye now!"
I'll sign up.

hahaha OK! If you need me to elaborate on anything, just let me know XD

Edit: Specifically know.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:50 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:Character Name: Masanaga Takeda(Reference to 3 famous Japanese Daimyo)
Animal: Tiger
Biographical Details:
Young youth seeking to fight for justice, sees decline in civilization, and desires an embracement of ideals of compassion and empathy. My usual schtick tbh
Equipment:
A one-handed Katana that can be wielded 2 handed but much faster when 1-handed but still not slow(Because this is fiction and seems like an anime, kind of, fuck reality's physics to an extent)

how... does the tiger... wield a Katana?
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:57 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:how... does the tiger... wield a Katana?

Wait, right, not anthropomorphic animals, so with his mouth like that wolf from dark souls.
...wait

How then do I wield equipment as a pure animal?

Mice and Raccoons have manipulative paws allowing them to craft and use items. For wolves armor can be designed and fitted by the 'crafting' animals (though such armor can't be removed with out help from the same). A Harness can be fitted to an animal for the purpose of holding some items saddle bag style which can then be retrieved with some difficulty.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Character Name:Raolin Blackclaw "The Wild"
Animal: Squirrel
Biographical Details: Raolin was raised in a tribe of nomadic squirrels who often stopped by the larger towns to trade with the friendly mice and other more civilized animals of the area for food and for the occasional weapons and tools and such. His family, along with his tribe, were, to put it nicely, unsophisticated. They bounced around high in the trees, using their height for safety against any predators that might be looking for them. He was trained from an early age in the skill of archery. He soon grew to be a fine warrior, defending the clan against all predators that might threaten them. However, one night the band was surprised, and many were killed in an attack by a group of malicious snakes that caught them off guard. Raolin managed to escape, but was lost and separated from his family at a rather young age. He soon stumbled onto one of the many towns in the area and soon settled in, being taken in by a friendly family. He didn't take much to the daily day-to-day monotony. He took to the road again, when able, looking to live the life of a wandering adventurer.
Equipment: Bow and arrows.

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:06 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Mice and Raccoons have manipulative paws allowing them to craft and use items. For wolves armor can be designed and fitted by the 'crafting' animals (though such armor can't be removed with out help from the same). A Harness can be fitted to an animal for the purpose of holding some items saddle bag style which can then be retrieved with some difficulty.

I'll just have basic leather...oh...
I mean...
Silk clothes, and a Katan wielded in my mouth and sheathed on my back.

Considering how awesome Wolf Link looked with a sword wielded like that- sure.

I do have one question, well one more question, how'd you come to the town and when and how have you proven you just cause enough to be trusted by the council with this task or is it not trust so much as they know you can do what they have not been able to?

(I'm sorry about the questions just a tiger is rather large so not a lot of buildings are made for characters of such a large size and well a Tiger is a Tiger)
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:08 pm

NewLakotah wrote:Character Name:Raolin Blackclaw "The Wild"
Animal: Squirrel
Biographical Details: Raolin was raised in a tribe of nomadic squirrels who often stopped by the larger towns to trade with the friendly mice and other more civilized animals of the area for food and for the occasional weapons and tools and such. His family, along with his tribe, were, to put it nicely, unsophisticated. They bounced around high in the trees, using their height for safety against any predators that might be looking for them. He was trained from an early age in the skill of archery. He soon grew to be a fine warrior, defending the clan against all predators that might threaten them. However, one night the band was surprised, and many were killed in an attack by a group of malicious snakes that caught them off guard. Raolin managed to escape, but was lost and separated from his family at a rather young age. He soon stumbled onto one of the many towns in the area and soon settled in, being taken in by a friendly family. He didn't take much to the daily day-to-day monotony. He took to the road again, when able, looking to live the life of a wandering adventurer.
Equipment: Bow and arrows.

Welcome to the RP 8)
Tomorrow is made today.

Frostyr
Lobbyist

Founded: May 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frostyr » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:12 am

It's honestly been years since I've been on NS, but I think I'm ready to head back into it with full force for roleplaying, so thanks for the hopeful opportunity :)

Quick question, before I make my character: What is the technology level for this world? I assume general medieval type weaponry, considering most people have either said bow and arrows or swords for their equipment, but I was just curious.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:04 am

Frostyr wrote:It's honestly been years since I've been on NS, but I think I'm ready to head back into it with full force for roleplaying, so thanks for the hopeful opportunity :)

Quick question, before I make my character: What is the technology level for this world? I assume general medieval type weaponry, considering most people have either said bow and arrows or swords for their equipment, but I was just curious.

That is correct (I'll add that to the OP post for other potential players to see) and I'm pleased to provide this opportunity :) It's been a long time since I've hosted an RP on NS so I'm a bit rusty on making Operator Posts among other aspects of operating an RP thread. So this can be a refresher for both of us :)

To Eternal Lotharia: I'm consulting some associates regarding your application.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Ralioskener
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralioskener » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:29 am

Looks quite interesting, definitely reminds me of that obscure movie Legend of the Guardians: Owls of Ga’Hoole which I watched as a kid. Will tag.
dead nation oof

mainly used as an rp account now

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:58 am

Ralioskener wrote:Looks quite interesting, definitely reminds me of that obscure movie Legend of the Guardians: Owls of Ga’Hoole which I watched as a kid. Will tag.

:) I remember that film. Great to have you with us.
Tomorrow is made today.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:51 am

Tag
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:50 pm

I've added some more flare to the OP post. Remember to fill out a character form soon so we can get started.
Tomorrow is made today.

Frostyr
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Frostyr » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:13 pm

Character Name: Carnegie "Stonewall" Roth
Animal: Babirusa
Biographical Details: Throughout history, in times of strife (as well as in general, sadly), many Suids were brought in as slaves to have to either produce food or provide it from their own kind. The Babirusa clans, however, did not give into such bullying from society, and Roth is an example as to why. Born to such a clan, the military life of Babirusas absorbed Carnegie, where we came out of training as a proper soldier willing to fight anyone away from endangering his clan, both predatory and slavers alike. His disciplined lifestyle mixed with his military prowess gave him a respected nature amongst his clan, and his scars of battle detail a history of warfare, even from Sevetea's minions. After the deposition of the Tyrantess, however, the council approached Carnegie with a duel, rather than an invading force: become a leader for the security and maintain law in the new council's nation, and barbaric attacks against the Babirusas will stop. Though he loves his people and would like to stay, Carnegie swore to the deal, with his family and would-be suitor giving him an honored discharged to his new position.
Equipment: (IF ANY) Strengthened face plating, crafted by Elephant smiths in thanks for the help in war (to protect against attackers and possible self-harm from his tusks), and various bits of other body armor and packs for storage.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:22 pm

Frostyr wrote:Character Name: Carnegie "Stonewall" Roth
Biographical Details: Throughout history, in times of strife (as well as in general, sadly), many Suids were brought in as slaves to have to either produce food or provide it from their own kind. The Babirusa clans, however, did not give into such bullying from society, and Roth is an example as to why. Born to such a clan, the military life of Babirusas absorbed Carnegie, where we came out of training as a proper soldier willing to fight anyone away from endangering his clan, both predatory and slavers alike. His disciplined lifestyle mixed with his military prowess gave him a respected nature amongst his clan, and his scars of battle detail a history of warfare, even from Sevetea's minions. After the deposition of the Tyrantess, however, the council approached Carnegie with a duel, rather than an invading force: become a leader for the security and maintain law in the new council's nation, and barbaric attacks against the Babirusas will stop. Though he loves his people and would like to stay, Carnegie swore to the deal, with his family and would-be suitor giving him an honored discharged to his new position.
Equipment: (IF ANY) Strengthened face plating, crafted by Elephant smiths in thanks for the help in war (to protect against attackers and possible self-harm from his tusks), and various bits of other body armor and packs for storage.

An interesting character. Welcome to the RP 8)
Tomorrow is made today.

Frostyr
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Frostyr » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Frostyr wrote:Character Name: Carnegie "Stonewall" Roth
Biographical Details: Throughout history, in times of strife (as well as in general, sadly), many Suids were brought in as slaves to have to either produce food or provide it from their own kind. The Babirusa clans, however, did not give into such bullying from society, and Roth is an example as to why. Born to such a clan, the military life of Babirusas absorbed Carnegie, where we came out of training as a proper soldier willing to fight anyone away from endangering his clan, both predatory and slavers alike. His disciplined lifestyle mixed with his military prowess gave him a respected nature amongst his clan, and his scars of battle detail a history of warfare, even from Sevetea's minions. After the deposition of the Tyrantess, however, the council approached Carnegie with a deal, rather than an invading force: become a leader for the security and maintain law in the new council's nation, and barbaric attacks against the Babirusas will stop. Though he loves his people and would like to stay, Carnegie swore to the deal, with his family and would-be suitor giving him an honored discharged to his new position.

An interesting character. Welcome to the RP 8)

Wonderful, can't wait for this to start!
Last edited by Frostyr on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:48 pm

Frostyr wrote:
Harbertia wrote:An interesting character. Welcome to the RP 8)

Wonderful, can't wait for this to start!

Same here ^_^

I could get the IC up now - such would probably encourage the others to get an application filled out. I certainly don't want to wait too long and having an IC up doesn't mean others can't join. It just means the plot is in progress so new players will have to be caught up on what's going on.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:19 pm

Link to the IC Thread

Time to introduce characters.
Tomorrow is made today.

Ralioskener
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralioskener » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:33 pm

Are multiple characters allowed?
Also I'm planning to a little thing with the owl society, where some owls formed a militaristic organization to fight against the Tyrantess, and after she was defeated they now rival the new government. Would this be alright?
dead nation oof

mainly used as an rp account now

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse