NATION

PASSWORD

The end of Israel's carte blanche?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

The end of Israel's carte blanche?

Postby Milks Empire » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:24 am

This article seems to suggest that President Obama is finally getting tough on Israel about its antics vis-à-vis the Palestinians, specifically the continued illegal settlements. I see this as a good thing. What say you about what the article seems to be saying?

Chazicaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Chazicaria » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:28 am

Milks Empire wrote:This article seems to suggest that President Obama is finally getting tough on Israel about its antics vis-à-vis the Palestinians, specifically the continued illegal settlements. I see this as a good thing. What say you about what the article seems to be saying?

It's Israel's land, those Palestinians need to f**** off and stop making demands, they always seem to get greedier and greedier. Let Israel build the settlements, it's their land. The Palestinians have plenty of other places to go anyways, like Jerusalem, or one of the dozens of neighboring Islamic countries that would love to have them.

Lowell Leber
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:29 am

I see it as a betrayal to an ally of the US. Illegal settlements, the IDF won this land in battleafter Arab armies with "Palistinian support attacked Israel. If the Arab community wanted to stop all of this, they should have won one of the wars in which they outnumbered the IDF.
IC The Leberite Empire

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Lord-General Drache
Minister

Founded: May 10, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord-General Drache » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:29 am

Milks Empire wrote:This article seems to suggest that President Obama is finally getting tough on Israel about its antics vis-à-vis the Palestinians, specifically the continued illegal settlements. I see this as a good thing. What say you about what the article seems to be saying?

I'm pleased he's breaking off from the precedent we've set up of constantly defending Israel. It's a fucking monstrous bully that actually makes America look somewhat better by comparison. I've always been ashamed we (the US) have supported them so cheerfully, in spite of all they've done to their neighbors.
Life is mine to give and take; death is my bailiwick. I freely go where angels dare not tread, and have danced blades with the demons that lurk in your darkest nightmares.
RIP Colodia: 4/13/2011.

Parthenon
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Parthenon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:30 am

The stupidest decision Obama can make is ruining relations with our only ally in the region...
The Parthenese Confederation
Parthenon
Intergallactic Hell
The Bleeding Roses
West Parthenon
Former GDODAD/Metus Member

Augarundus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Augarundus » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:30 am

"Jerusalem is not a settlement; it is our capitol."
Last edited by Augarundus on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Libertarian Purity Test Score: 160
Capitalism is always the answer. Whenever there's a problem in capitalism, you just need some more capitalism. If the solution isn't capitalism, then it's not really a problem. If your capitalism gets damaged, you just need to throw some capitalism on it and get on with your life.

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:32 am

Parthenon wrote:The stupidest decision Obama can make is ruining relations with our only ally in the region...

Correct and straight to the point, I like it!
IC The Leberite Empire

Chazicaria
Minister

Postby Chazicaria » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:34 am

Lord-General Drache wrote:

I'm pleased he's breaking off from the precedent we've set up of constantly defending Israel. It's a fucking monstrous bully that actually makes America look somewhat better by comparison. I've always been ashamed we (the US) have supported them so cheerfully, in spite of all they've done to their neighbors.

Israel was declared war on 3 times by their neighbors, I think they have the right to be a little pissed off at the warmongers that surround them.

Redwulf
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Redwulf » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:34 am

About fucking time. I also liked:

the article wrote:If you want to hear what evangelical America thinks, ask Sarah Palin. “I believe that the Jewish settlements should be allowed to be expanded upon, because that population of Israel is going to grow,” she said. “More and more Jewish people will be flocking to Israel in the days and weeks and months ahead. And I don’t think that the Obama administration has any right to tell Israel that the Jewish settlements cannot expand.”

I wonder if it's occurred to her that her argument applies equally well to illegal immigration from Mexico.
Last edited by Redwulf on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Just remember, no one likes an asshole.
Don't make me serious. You wouldn't like me when I'm serious.

Seangoli
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:34 am

Lowell Leber wrote:I see it as a betrayal to an ally of the US. Illegal settlements, the IDF won this land in battleafter Arab armies with "Palistinian support attacked Israel. If the Arab community wanted to stop all of this, they should have won one of the wars in which they outnumbered the IDF.

If you're talking about the 6 Days War that was sparked after an Israeli bombing of Lebanese agricultural irrigation systems, if memory recalls, which was retaliated with bombing of Israeli's water project.

That said, Israelis haven't any right to the land, and are breaking every single international law regarding settlements. Hence, they are, in all honesty, in the wrong.

As well, their blatant disregard for human life and decency is apparent(As with how they allow water access, and pump it from Palestinian private land, disallowing the Palestinians the right to make any deep aquafers) is horrific.

So yeah, screw em.

Ralkovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovia » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:35 am

I like how Israel, when it wins a war the arabs started, still is seen as the bad guy. The problem is that the Palestinian's have had every chance to prove Israel wrong and at every chance they've had they've used it to launch attacks against Israel...Actually you know what...I'll support a two-state solution. It will give the Palestinian's a real military and then when they decide to attack Israel, something we know will happen within a week, Israel can legitimately use cluster bombs to wipe out everything.
Last edited by Ralkovia on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spig: Ralk, what is ur Zionist Jewnazi Agenda?
Ralk: PROLIFERATE POTATO
Divair: this is the first time I've literally just stopped doing everything just to stare at a post.
Kirav wrote:This is NationStates. Our Jews live in Ralkovia.

Maudlnya wrote:You guys talking about Ralkovia?
*mutters something about scariness up to 11*

Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk. :<
Releign wrote:
Leningrad Union: Help me against Ralkovia

That's a Jew octopus with a machine gun.
I think I will pass.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
New_Edom:you're so coy Ralk. You're the shyest of dictators.
More Funny/Intimidating Quotes About Me Short Summary On Ralkovian Policies.

Chazicaria
Minister

Postby Chazicaria » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:37 am

Ralkovia wrote:I like how Israel, when it wins a war the arabs started, still is seen as the bad guy. The problem is that the Palestinian's have had every chance to prove Israel wrong and at every chance they've had they've used it to launch attacks against Israel...Actually you know what...I'll support a two-state solution. It will give the Palestinian's a real military and then when they decide to attack Israel, something we know will happen within a week, Israel can legitimately use cluster bombs to wipe out everything.

I like this idea!!!

Cons Canuckistan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cons Canuckistan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:37 am

What illegal settlements?

That is actually a serious question. You see, Gaza was originally owned by Egypt, and the West Bank was owned by Jordan. They relinquished their claims after 1973. So no nation owned Gaza and the West Bank, even to this day. That means, as long as Israel does not force anyone out of their homes (which has never occurred despite racist left wing and racist Arab propaganda), they can build where ever they want.

Intersystems Alliance
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Intersystems Alliance » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:37 am

Chazicaria wrote:

It's Israel's land, those Palestinians need to f**** off and stop making demands, they always seem to get greedier and greedier. Let Israel build the settlements, it's their land. The Palestinians have plenty of other places to go anyways, like Jerusalem, or one of the dozens of neighboring Islamic countries that would love to have them.

You do realize that when Israel was founded, they kicked out the people that originally lived on those lands, right?
“Blowing up a perfectly serviceable door, pointing a gun at your new superior officer, and then insulting me for my hair color? Really Lieutenant Commander, are all Cerberus operatives as highly trained as you or am I looking at a unique specimen here?”
~Alversia

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:38 am

Seangoli wrote:
Lowell Leber wrote:I see it as a betrayal to an ally of the US. Illegal settlements, the IDF won this land in battleafter Arab armies with "Palistinian support attacked Israel. If the Arab community wanted to stop all of this, they should have won one of the wars in which they outnumbered the IDF.

If you're talking about the 6 Days War that was sparked after an Israeli bombing of Lebanese agricultural irrigation systems, if memory recalls, which was retaliated with bombing of Israeli's water project.

That said, Israelis haven't any right to the land, and are breaking every single international law regarding settlements. Hence, they are, in all honesty, in the wrong.

As well, their blatant disregard for human life and decency is apparent(As with how they allow water access, and pump it from Palestinian private land, disallowing the Palestinians the right to make any deep aquafers) is horrific.

So yeah, screw em.

Yeah, screw the only true democracy in an otherwise stuck in the 11th century middle east...sounds like a good idea to me...???
IC The Leberite Empire

Chazicaria
Minister

Postby Chazicaria » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:39 am

Intersystems Alliance wrote:
Chazicaria wrote:

You do realize that when Israel was founded, they kicked out the people that originally lived on those lands, right?

The Muslims did the same thing twice, but many years earlier, MANY years earlier.

Berzerkirs
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Berzerkirs » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:39 am

Ralkovia wrote:I like how Israel, when it wins a war the arabs started, still is seen as the bad guy. The problem is that the Palestinian's have had every chance to prove Israel wrong and at every chance they've had they've used it to launch attacks against Israel...Actually you know what...I'll support a two-state solution. It will give the Palestinian's a real military and then when they decide to attack Israel, something we know will happen within a week, Israel can legitimately use cluster bombs to wipe out everything.

^This

I'm waiting for the King of the North to lead the King of the South into Israel. Gotta love Ezekiel :lol:
We RP as Kiojin.
Quotes and Such
"If you're under 30 and not a liberal, you have no heart.
If you're over 30 and not a conservative, you have no brain."

Manahakatouki wrote:
Berzerkirs wrote:The Incan god of the moon jizzed on the earth, and so sprouted the grass and various other plants.
True story. ;)

I was there...I told him to freakin' clean it up...He refused, peeing thus on some of his jizz...These my friends are dandelions...

^That was for you WWIIHG! <3

Member of CoD [Council of Dictators]

"You laughed, therefore I'm right."-Berz

Parthenon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Parthenon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:39 am

If Israel was such a bad guy there wouldn't be a fucking mosque sitting on the site of Solomon's temple...
The Parthenese Confederation
Parthenon
Intergallactic Hell
The Bleeding Roses
West Parthenon
Former GDODAD/Metus Member

Cons Canuckistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cons Canuckistan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:40 am

Intersystems Alliance wrote:
Chazicaria wrote:

Good job on believing lies. Have you ever actually looked at the population data for cities where Jews moved in to prior to the Independence War? Every single city where Jewish population went up, the Arab population went up as well. Rather rapidly, in fact. No Arabs were forced from their homes by Jews.

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:40 am

A well made point!
IC The Leberite Empire

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:41 am

I've descended into cynicism over the Israel-Palestinian issue. They've been killing eachother over there for thousands of years. It won't end until they tire of it no matter what we do, and apparently they're not tired enough yet.
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Berzerkirs
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Berzerkirs » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:42 am

Parthenon wrote:If Israel was such a bad guy there wouldn't be a fucking mosque sitting on the site of Solomon's temple...

The destruction of said pagan shrine is supposedly the most probable way to begin WWIII. I say go ahead.
We RP as Kiojin.
Quotes and Such
"If you're under 30 and not a liberal, you have no heart.
If you're over 30 and not a conservative, you have no brain."

Manahakatouki wrote:
Berzerkirs wrote:The Incan god of the moon jizzed on the earth, and so sprouted the grass and various other plants.
True story. ;)

I was there...I told him to freakin' clean it up...He refused, peeing thus on some of his jizz...These my friends are dandelions...

^That was for you WWIIHG! <3

Member of CoD [Council of Dictators]

"You laughed, therefore I'm right."-Berz

Augarundus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Augarundus » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:42 am

Libertarian Purity Test Score: 160
Capitalism is always the answer. Whenever there's a problem in capitalism, you just need some more capitalism. If the solution isn't capitalism, then it's not really a problem. If your capitalism gets damaged, you just need to throw some capitalism on it and get on with your life.

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:42 am

Parthenon wrote:The stupidest decision Obama can make is ruining relations with our only ally in the region...

Are they an ally? Or a liability?
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Cons Canuckistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cons Canuckistan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:43 am

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I've descended into cynicism over the Israel-Palestinian issue. They've been killing eachother over there for thousands of years. It won't end until they tire of it no matter what we do, and apparently they're not tired enough yet.

That's not cynicism, that's ignorance. Israel has tried time and time again to make peace with the Arabs, and they are responded to with war.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General