NATION

PASSWORD

A Possible Currency?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Likar
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

A Possible Currency?

Postby Likar » Sat May 26, 2018 8:06 pm

The point system during the trading card event really interested me. So I though "Hey, why don't nations use some form of NS wide currency".

The Main Idea
The main idea is that a NS wide currency could be created. What would it be used for? Services such as trading with other nations in return for a so called "import" which could boost the stat you are importing, and if we want to merge it with the nation card system, raising the rarity of your card.

How To Fight Inflation
I consider NS a Massive Multiplayer Game. So if boosting a stat cost 20 in the first month, in 1 year it might costing 1000x time that. And that can be destructive. But there is a way to lower the inflation. For example, if you want to send some money to another nation, add fees. Add fee's to EVERYTHING. Want to import some stuff? Add Fee's. Since when paying your money to go to nowhere, it will take away from the economy, lowering inflation.

Stock Market
People could invest there money in nations or regions. If investing in a nation, if there economy, civil rights, or political freedom goes up the profit increases. Or if investing in a region, it is practically giving certain people a higher position. You could not work with other people to boost the price of a certain stock (like X amount of money to buy a stock in Vovodoco's Civil rights stats) and then we all screw you over just for the lols, making ourselves a profit..

Please send your idea's down below, since it is at a basic form.
Last edited by Likar on Sat May 26, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Muslim and proud!
Your Local Dank Meme Lord™
Classical(ish) Liberal
Seriously, why are you looking at this.

Likar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Likar » Sat May 26, 2018 8:21 pm

Stock Market, I fell needs its patching.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Muslim and proud!
Classical(ish) Liberal

VoVoDoCo
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby VoVoDoCo » Sat May 26, 2018 8:32 pm

I like your stock market idea, though i'd expand it to include all stats, to give us more stock options. ;)

Though, you'll probably have a hard time convincing admin to let you use this currency to enhance your own stats.
  • You can make puppets and engage in insider trading
  • I could work with other people to boost the price of a certain stock (like X amount of money to buy a stock in Vovodoco's Civil rights stats) and then we all screw you over just for the lols, making ourselves a profit.

Not to mention the hassle of coding.
Are use voice to text, so accept some typos and Grammatical errors.
I'm a moderate free-market Libertarian boomer with a soft spot for Agorism. Also an Atheist.

I try not to do these or have those. Feel free to let me know if I come short.

Likar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Likar » Sat May 26, 2018 8:34 pm

VoVoDoCo wrote:I like your stock market idea, though i'd expand it to include all stats, to give us more stock options. ;)

Though, you'll probably have a hard time convincing admin to let you use this currency to enhance your own stats.
  • You can make puppets and engage in insider trading
  • I could work with other people to boost the price of a certain stock (like X amount of money to buy a stock in Vovodoco's Civil rights stats) and then we all screw you over just for the lols, making ourselves a profit.

Not to mention the hassle of coding.

That would be great.

I quickly grab my mouse and scroll up to the edit button
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Muslim and proud!
Classical(ish) Liberal

VoVoDoCo
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby VoVoDoCo » Sat May 26, 2018 8:53 pm

Likar wrote:You could not work with other people to boost the price of a certain stock (like X amount of money to buy a stock in Vovodoco's Civil rights stats) and then we all screw you over just for the lols, making ourselves a profit.

But how would you make sure people couldn't work together? Is there a game mechanic? Would you restrict how much you could actually lose?
Are use voice to text, so accept some typos and Grammatical errors.
I'm a moderate free-market Libertarian boomer with a soft spot for Agorism. Also an Atheist.

I try not to do these or have those. Feel free to let me know if I come short.

Likar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Likar » Sat May 26, 2018 8:54 pm

VoVoDoCo wrote:
Likar wrote:You could not work with other people to boost the price of a certain stock (like X amount of money to buy a stock in Vovodoco's Civil rights stats) and then we all screw you over just for the lols, making ourselves a profit.

But how would you make sure people couldn't work together? Is there a game mechanic? Would you restrict how much you could actually lose?

Restricting how much you earn and lose would be a good system.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Muslim and proud!
Classical(ish) Liberal

Likar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Likar » Sun May 27, 2018 10:39 am

Likar wrote:
VoVoDoCo wrote:

Other Idea's?
Last edited by Likar on Sun May 27, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Muslim and proud!
Classical(ish) Liberal

Likar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Likar » Sun May 27, 2018 6:48 pm

Likar wrote:
Likar wrote:

Other Idea's?

Anything?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Muslim and proud!
Classical(ish) Liberal

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sun May 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Likar wrote:
Likar wrote:Other Idea's?

Anything?

You need to be patient. Posting consecutively like you did within a few hours without offering additional insight is regarded as excessive bumping. Don't do it again. Please refer to our rule on Excessive Bumping:

Excessive Bumping: Bumping is adding a meaningless (*bump*) post to a thread to push it back to the top of the list. Bump rates vary between forums, but as a rule, once every 24 hours is the maximum outside General or II where it may be acceptable to bump any thread that has fallen past the first two pages. If the bulk of your posts, or posts in the thread are bumps, you should take it to mean that there is not enough in your topic, and let it end.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Mabuhay Land
Spokesperson

Founded: May 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mabuhay Land » Sun May 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Not a great idea. It's just gonna worsen the situation.
Republikang Pederal of MABUHAY LAND
Maka-diyos, Makatao, Makakalikasan, Mapagmahal, Makabansa

Balitang Mabuhay Water bills rises again due to price rebasing| Capul Tunnel, connects Samar and Bicol by car | Overseas Workers Conference, created with Kuwait and others | Internal cleansing intensifies after discovery of "cop-rupt"
International Palestine, revolts against Jerusalem after goverment move| Amazon given independence, given half of Brazilian budget | United Nations, made South Africa as Kinhasa''s mandate

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Mon May 28, 2018 4:13 am

It would be very complicated to implement, and it is worth noting that the trading cards are a parody of all those pay-to-win games.

I doubt that Max Barry wants leave an impression that NationStates is a pay-to-win game, where you can get all the trading cards by spending actual money! :blush:

Side note, there is an international currency of some sort in roleplay, and it is called the NationStates dollar. Some value it at exactly 1 US dollar, 1 Australian dollar, or 1 euro, while I put it at the current US Consumer Price Index divided by the US Consumer Price Index for November 2002 — as I saw it at the time. I may move to using the Australian CPI values, though.
Last edited by Minoa on Mon May 28, 2018 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon May 28, 2018 6:43 am

Minoa wrote:Side note, there is an international currency of some sort in roleplay, and it is called the NationStates dollar.
Ah, roleplayers. Spare a thought for the Standard Monetary Unit, which unlike the "NationStates dollar" is actually an official part of the game, and whose value I estimate at 1/5th of a US dollar.

The Official United Nations
Attaché

Founded: Apr 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Official United Nations » Mon May 28, 2018 10:18 am

I'm not sure that we should subtly encourage a high rating for economy, political freedoms, etc.

Also, this seems to come close to encouraging an active multiplayer struggle through the nation itself, which is typically done in roleplays. It also reformulates some aspects of your nation, like the political freedom rating. People shouldn't have such incentives to increase their ratings, especially given that they might use multis. I'm not sure that a 'market' should be added in at this point, certainly without similar features already existing.

It seems to offer an alternative pathway to increasing stats, which does not involve national policy or issues. For many stats, that would be strange.
Last edited by The Official United Nations on Mon May 28, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Likar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Likar » Mon May 28, 2018 10:21 am

The Official United Nations wrote:I'm not sure that we should subtly encourage a high rating for economy, political freedoms, etc.

Also, this seems to come close to encouraging an active multiplayer struggle through the nation itself, which is typically done in roleplays. It also reformulates some aspects of your nation, like the political freedom rating. People shouldn't have such incentives to increase their ratings, especially given that they might use multis. I'm not sure that a 'market' should be added in at this point, certainly without similar features already existing.

The market I had doubt's with. But what about betting on regions?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Muslim and proud!
Classical(ish) Liberal

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Wed May 30, 2018 1:18 am

10000 Islands has a stock market with regions as stocks. You might try asking Louisistan about it if you were interested.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical