NATION

PASSWORD

If you had a superpower...

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.
Luminumbra
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Tyranny by Majority

If you had a superpower...

Postby Luminumbra » Thu May 17, 2018 2:51 am

What would it be?

I myself would want the ability to have an omniscience of all mathematics, and translate mathematical equations in my head into a physical manifestation.

What about you?

Try to come up with something interesting too if you can ;)
A 6.3 civilization, according to this index.
Magiscience/FanT/FT
Theme/Aesthetic: Think of Theatre Masks, jewelry and cult-like robes, and make a sci-fi country out of it.
Government: Think democratically elected pope, except it's an unorthodox cult.
People: Traditional, Reserved, Soft-speakers.
Elites: Fine wines, wax candles, hallways of gold, violet, ruby, emerald. Parties inspired by the Greek God Dionysus. A conservative, elegant, mardi gras all day, every day.
Common Folk: A contrast to the above--Dark, medieval style alleys. Small, cold, metallic apartments, prone to collapse on terrestrial worlds, or platforms prone to falling to the depths on jovian ones.

Lumin Intergalactic Starport
The National Anthem-Oath of Sacrifice

The New California Republic
Senator

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu May 17, 2018 2:54 am

The Soviet Union.

Oh, you mean...oh.

Control of time.
The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the complete victory over Caesar's Legion, and the pacification and annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.
Current President of The NCR: Aaron Kimball.
Current NCR Ambassador to The World Assembly: Colonel James Hsu, NCR Army (Ret.)

Luminumbra
Bureaucrat

Tyranny by Majority

Postby Luminumbra » Thu May 17, 2018 2:56 am

The New California Republic wrote:The Soviet Union.

Oh, you mean...oh.

Control of time.

I had a feeling someone might do that. :rofl:

People are funny

/skip
Magiscience/FanT/FT
Theme/Aesthetic: Think of Theatre Masks, jewelry and cult-like robes, and make a sci-fi country out of it.
Elites: Fine wines, wax candles, hallways of gold, violet, ruby, emerald. Parties inspired by the Greek God Dionysus. A conservative, elegant, mardi gras all day, every day.
Common Folk: A contrast to the above--Dark, medieval style alleys. Small, cold, metallic apartments, prone to collapse on terrestrial worlds, or platforms prone to falling to the depths on jovian ones.

Mzeusia
Envoy

Founded: Oct 30, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Mzeusia » Thu May 17, 2018 2:58 am

To kill someone without any evidence back to me! Mwhahahahahahahaha!
I set out to build a nation and so that is exactly what I will achieve.

Gospel Power
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 03, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gospel Power » Thu May 17, 2018 2:58 am

I wish i had Super Memory

Pilarcraft
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pilarcraft » Thu May 17, 2018 3:01 am

I wish I had the option of using the Console Commands in real life.
Confederal Alliance of PilarcraftThat world will cease to be
Konfederaligallestaten du PilarkraftDar verden halt dar lebe.

Led by The Triumvirate
Part of the Prime-world and member of The Middleman Entente.
Hi! call me Pilar.
Let's make the Left libertarian again!
Bopindar Daily Press: The Coalition of Non-Aligned Militias has built camp around the Western Reach. Coincidentally, crime has also fallen in the region. | Cmdr-Elect Hoag to lead the Lawbringers on a rescue mission to a cave near Karthon where the Crimson Rogues were last seen. | On a lighter note, The colonies of New Berun and New Bopindar (Mars), and New Frontier (Pluto) all completely operational. A Third colony is being built on Mars as well.

Luminumbra
Bureaucrat

Tyranny by Majority

Postby Luminumbra » Thu May 17, 2018 3:04 am

Pilarcraft wrote:I wish I had the option of using the Console Commands in real life.

I do too...I do too...
Magiscience/FanT/FT

Gospel Power
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 03, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gospel Power » Thu May 17, 2018 3:19 am

Mzeusia wrote:To kill someone without any evidence back to me! Mwhahahahahahahaha!

Like the teacher?
/skip

Sadakoyama
Attaché

Founded: Jun 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sadakoyama » Thu May 17, 2018 3:22 am

Spellcasting magic of some kind.

Chan Island
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chan Island » Thu May 17, 2018 3:52 am

So many choices... save files for real life, the ability to innately know where whatever I want is, reality bending, mind control.... tough one.
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Huntpublic
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Huntpublic » Thu May 17, 2018 3:56 am

My superpower would be to know all I need to know and have all the skills in order to be VERY successful in life.
HUNTPUBLIC TIMES:New Westward H-74S stealth strike/reconnaissance jet has finished testing and will be deployed into action in the Khataiyan Civil war(See Westward H-74S Factbook) | Many people have tried out for qualification in the national tag tournament, ten teams have been made and have been placed into these tag categories: Zombie Tag, Freeze Tag, and Regular Tag, games start next month . . .  | Umbaku II has put funding into a national tag competition, tryouts for qualification starts on May 2, 2018

Tondo Federation
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 25, 2018

Postby Tondo Federation » Thu May 17, 2018 3:58 am

The power of pausing and continuing time.
The Rajahnate of Tondo
Imagine the Philippines + Sabah that is colonized by Greeks, with Arab influence, Chinese businessmen, and Indian call center agents. We are also like Singapore and Hong Kong economically.
13 year old Filipino 9th grader who studies in a private school and loves 80s rock. Yes, I am that young. Don't get surprised if I make grammatical mistakes.
Proud member of The Srivijayan Consortium
NS Stats are fake news.
Ignore the "Federation" in our name
Rajah Ismail VI
Archpremier Ali Hakim|Premier Aliyah Pangilinan
Maynila Times: Barangay candidates, campaigning for the election to take place in 23-24 May | Mosquito population in Tondo, put in a zoo to provide food for frogs | Austrian ensemble, to perform on Amadeus Opera House on 6 June

Luminumbra
Bureaucrat

Tyranny by Majority

Postby Luminumbra » Thu May 17, 2018 4:31 am

Huntpublic wrote:My superpower would be to know all I need to know and have all the skills in order to be VERY successful in life.

Luckily, that's a superpower you can actually have.

First you gotta define what success is to you. It could be landing your dream job or making a lot of money etc.

Find what it is you love, and just do it, go for it go go go! Do not stop, do not look back, do not give up. Craft a morning routine, and build productive habits while cutting the bad ones. Make sacrifices now so that you don't have to make worse, longer sacrifices later.

Do not let the fear of failure control you, learn to communicate clearly with people, eat healthy and work-out every morning before the sun rises.
Be decisive, and learn to influence others. See every negative thing that happens as a learning opportunity rather than something that happens to you.

Know exactly where you'll be in the next year, five years even ten years. Learn to set short term, medium term and long term goals and deadlines, and to exercise serious amounts of discipline. Your habits should help you with the discipline part as well, so long as you have the passion and drive to do what it is you do.

As for myself, I know all my set goals and deadlines. I know where i'm going to be in the foreseeable future.

Master your craft, know your industry, know your company's hierarchy if you're not at the top, and remember to be brutally honest with yourself. Be humble, but confident.

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Always be willing to learn and grow. Learn to think like an employer, not an employee.

If you want to build something, learn to do it in the most cost-effective way possible. Keeping things simple also helps. Keeping things simple is something I myself can struggle with at times.

Read, learn, grow, persevere, have integrity, over deliver on promises, etc. etc. etc.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, but I did have mentors who were well within the top 1%. So I have the upmost confidence in their advice.

Learn to save money. Learn to use assets to make more assets. This is probably one of the most important things you could do, is the way you use your assets. Most rich people don't use fancy cars, most rich people buy 2-3 year old cars, use it for like a year, then sell it for marginally less, effectively using the car productively for almost nothing for the whole year. Another example is if you buy an appreciating asset like (using cars again) a super-car, like the Ford GT, wait 2 years until you can sell it (they don't let you sell it right away), and you've just made $200k because the appreciating value. At first it's hard to make money, but when you have money, it becomes easier and easier to make money. Have a diverse investment portfolio too.

See your goals and passions in everything you do. Be obsessed, and fight for what you want the entire way, no matter how painful or uncomfortable it gets.

And remember, stick to what you say you're going to do. Knowledge and wisdom are useless if you don't use it. Doing is always better than talking.
Last edited by Luminumbra on Thu May 17, 2018 4:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Magiscience/FanT/FT

Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu May 17, 2018 4:32 am

Tondo Federation wrote:The power of pausing and continuing time.

Already taken.
The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the complete victory over Caesar's Legion, and the pacification and annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.
Current NCR Ambassador to The World Assembly: Colonel James Hsu, NCR Army (Ret.)

Tondo Federation
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 25, 2018

Postby Tondo Federation » Thu May 17, 2018 4:35 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Tondo Federation wrote:The power of pausing and continuing time.

Already taken.

It was more specific
The Rajahnate of Tondo
Imagine the Philippines + Sabah that is colonized by Greeks, with Arab influence, Chinese businessmen, and Indian call center agents. We are also like Singapore and Hong Kong economically.
13 year old Filipino 9th grader who studies in a private school and loves 80s rock. Yes, I am that young. Don't get surprised if I make grammatical mistakes.
Proud member of The Srivijayan Consortium
NS Stats are fake news.
Ignore the "Federation" in our name
Rajah Ismail VI
Archpremier Ali Hakim|Premier Aliyah Pangilinan
Maynila Times: Barangay candidates, campaigning for the election to take place in 23-24 May | Mosquito population in Tondo, put in a zoo to provide food for frogs | Austrian ensemble, to perform on Amadeus Opera House on 6 June

Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu May 17, 2018 5:00 am

Tondo Federation wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Already taken.

It was more specific

Not really, pausing and continuing time falls under the remit of controlling time. Think of another one, the power is already taken.

Huntpublic
Spokesperson

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Huntpublic » Thu May 17, 2018 12:28 pm

Tondo Federation wrote:It was more specific

Not really, pausing and continuing time falls under the remit of controlling time. Think of another one, the power is already taken.

I don't think there are any rules against having the same superpower as someone else, it is all up to you to choose your superpower.
HUNTPUBLIC TIMES:New Westward H-74S stealth strike/reconnaissance jet has finished testing and will be deployed into action in the Khataiyan Civil war(See Westward H-74S Factbook) | Many people have tried out for qualification in the national tag tournament, ten teams have been made and have been placed into these tag categories: Zombie Tag, Freeze Tag, and Regular Tag, games start next month . . .  | Umbaku II has put funding into a national tag competition, tryouts for qualification starts on May 2, 2018

Auphelia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Auphelia » Thu May 17, 2018 12:31 pm

The power to be able to change my power at will, to any power I want at the given moment.
★★★★☆
“Auphelia is one cold-hearted killer. Would recommend for all nations interested in Creative Torture. Make sure to give a large tip so you don’t get stuffed in the Microwave.”

— Asuriel S.

★★★☆☆
"I'm scared and kind of want to know more. Just don't tell her I gave her three stars. Please."

- Anonymous

★★★★★
"I'd call her insane, but after talking to her I can't pass that kind of judgement anymore. Would recommend for people who aren't afraid of insanity and a peek into the face of God."

- Midand P.

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Union Princes
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu May 17, 2018 12:34 pm

Dumb Luck.

That's all I need as a superpower.

Huntpublic
Spokesperson

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Huntpublic » Thu May 17, 2018 12:35 pm

Luminumbra wrote:
Huntpublic wrote:My superpower would be to know all I need to know and have all the skills in order to be VERY successful in life.

Luckily, that's a superpower you can actually have.

First you gotta define what success is to you. It could be landing your dream job or making a lot of money etc.

Find what it is you love, and just do it, go for it go go go! Do not stop, do not look back, do not give up. Craft a morning routine, and build productive habits while cutting the bad ones. Make sacrifices now so that you don't have to make worse, longer sacrifices later.

Do not let the fear of failure control you, learn to communicate clearly with people, eat healthy and work-out every morning before the sun rises.
Be decisive, and learn to influence others. See every negative thing that happens as a learning opportunity rather than something that happens to you.

Know exactly where you'll be in the next year, five years even ten years. Learn to set short term, medium term and long term goals and deadlines, and to exercise serious amounts of discipline. Your habits should help you with the discipline part as well, so long as you have the passion and drive to do what it is you do.

As for myself, I know all my set goals and deadlines. I know where i'm going to be in the foreseeable future.

Master your craft, know your industry, know your company's hierarchy if you're not at the top, and remember to be brutally honest with yourself. Be humble, but confident.

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Always be willing to learn and grow. Learn to think like an employer, not an employee.

If you want to build something, learn to do it in the most cost-effective way possible. Keeping things simple also helps. Keeping things simple is something I myself can struggle with at times.

Read, learn, grow, persevere, have integrity, over deliver on promises, etc. etc. etc.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, but I did have mentors who were well within the top 1%. So I have the upmost confidence in their advice.

Learn to save money. Learn to use assets to make more assets. This is probably one of the most important things you could do, is the way you use your assets. Most rich people don't use fancy cars, most rich people buy 2-3 year old cars, use it for like a year, then sell it for marginally less, effectively using the car productively for almost nothing for the whole year. Another example is if you buy an appreciating asset like (using cars again) a super-car, like the Ford GT, wait 2 years until you can sell it (they don't let you sell it right away), and you've just made $200k because the appreciating value. At first it's hard to make money, but when you have money, it becomes easier and easier to make money. Have a diverse investment portfolio too.

See your goals and passions in everything you do. Be obsessed, and fight for what you want the entire way, no matter how painful or uncomfortable it gets.

And remember, stick to what you say you're going to do. Knowledge and wisdom are useless if you don't use it. Doing is always better than talking.

This is long, but I completely agree with you. I actually grow up in a very successful minded, growth-mindset-like household. I'm also still in school. Right now it would be cool if I could just drop out of school and lead a successful, financially-free life because I have all of these skills at my disposal that I don't need any school.

But really cool post thanks! Now, I don't necessarily have 'mentors' but I do engage with people who are very successful and make millions of dollars per year. And the path that I'm on IRL is leading me to be one of those successful people. I read a lot of business books that teach the value of speaking, making friends, and helping yourself by helping others.

So, yeah...

Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu May 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Huntpublic wrote:I don't think there are any rules against having the same superpower as someone else, it is all up to you to choose your superpower.

Ahem:
Luminumbra wrote:Try to come up with something interesting too if you can ;)

I wouldn't class copying someone else's answer as "interesting"...

Huntpublic
Spokesperson

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Huntpublic » Thu May 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Huntpublic wrote:I don't think there are any rules against having the same superpower as someone else, it is all up to you to choose your superpower.

Ahem:
Luminumbra wrote:Try to come up with something interesting too if you can ;)

I wouldn't class copying someone else's answer as "interesting"...

"if you can" is what the rest of the quote says.

I'm not saying that it is cool to 'copy' someone else's answer but you can't be going around telling them that they cannot choose the same superpower as yours because it isn't "interesting"
Last edited by Huntpublic on Thu May 17, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu May 17, 2018 12:42 pm

Huntpublic wrote:you can't be going around telling them that they cannot choose the same superpower as yours because it isn't "interesting"

To be honest I really don't care, I was just having a bit of banter with him.

Huntpublic
Spokesperson

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Huntpublic » Thu May 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Huntpublic wrote:you can't be going around telling them that they cannot choose the same superpower as yours because it isn't "interesting"

To be honest I really don't care, I was just having a bit of banter with him.

My apologies then for taking it so seriously, it really is hard to tell whether someone is messing around or not via comments.

Rakdai
Attaché

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rakdai » Thu May 17, 2018 12:45 pm

Shape-shifting, easy.

Next

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7