NATION

PASSWORD

[Scrapped] An Intervention, All For Me? Aw <3

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

[Scrapped] An Intervention, All For Me? Aw <3

Postby Chan Island » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:17 am

Anarchy is a fairly common government type but there is, far as I can tell, precisely 1 issue on the topic. I've got a quartet now ready for display though and here is... well, originally number 3 but I've bumped it to be number 1.

As a complete breakdown in social order grips large swathes of the nation, a number of neighbouring nations have offered to lend you their armies to help you restore order.

validity: must be an anarchy

[option] "Well I'll be chopped up and used for bike fuel," breathes loyalist militiaman @@RANDOMMALENAME@@ while polishing a well-used shotgun. "I'm between my 3rd and 4th tour of duty already against those bandits out there and I can tell you there are some bad hombres out there. Take it. Invite them into the country and then finally your brilliant leadership can finally mean something."
[effect] foreign soldiers flank @@LEADER@@ at every occasion

[option] "Don't be fooled into thinking this is some humanitarian thing," asserts your political spin doctor @@RANDOMNAME@@. "What's really going on is they are dictatorships who are worried our radical lack of laws might spread to their own countries. Once they are here you'll see that it will turn into an occupation. Tell them no. In fact, tell them no in an anthrax-laced pipe bomb with a angry face painted on it!"
[effect] @@LEADER@@ is titled "The Warlord" abroad

[option] "So we don't want an invading army here occupying the country, but we also want some social order back," notes other of your loyalist militiamen while revving a technical's engine. "How about we ask for their air and special forces only? We can handle the biker gangs most of the time already, but sometimes there are just some nuts out there too tough to crack."
[effect] @@DENONYM@@ airforce pilots chafe at those show-off United Federation planes

[option] "An army marches on it's stomach, " confidently explains your supplier @@RANDOMNAME@@ while dumping a box of bullets for your troops to scramble for. "And our problem is that we have plenty of weapons, ammo and people to use it but this whole anarchy business has dented everything else. Tell those foreign country that their offer is appreciated, but what we need is food, toilet paper, luxury goods and clothes. You could say something about it being for the children."
[effect] videos of children watching militias steal their humanitarian aid makes great humanitarian aid adverts

[option] "How dare these other countries think their way of life is better!" Shouts an angry @@RANDOMNAME@@, a rebel leader based in the nations far west. "I mean, we've got our beef with you, @@LEADER@@ but this takes the biscuit! Call for a truce and explain that we have a common enemy who must be invaded at once. Nothing can go wrong."
[effect] war has been spilling all over
Last edited by Chan Island on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:38 am

"Anarchy" doesn't automatically mean "high crime". Sure, the description mentions biker gangs (there's only 27 of those descriptions total, so sometimes they're shoehorned), but there are lots of anarchies in the game with low crime. Brillnuck, for example, is #552 for Compliance.

And while your exact approach (foreigners offering assistance) is new, we already have plenty of issues about "high crime", "low military", and "low police".

Try writing an issue on the premise that the nation wants to be an anarchy.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:22 am

As a complete breakdown in social order grips large swathes of the nation, a number of neighbouring nations have offered to lend you their armies to help you restore order.
Ermagurd! I actually thought about this idea, along with something for psychotic dictatorships. :P
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:34 am

I'm with Trotterdam here. People get to be anarchies because they persistently pick minimal government libertarian-style options. And NS being NS, a lot of these nations have barely any crime.

Maybe the issue should be one for nations with high crime instead?
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Ab Humanitatis Scientiam
Envoy

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ab Humanitatis Scientiam » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:50 am

Trotterdam wrote:"Anarchy" doesn't automatically mean "high crime"

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:I'm with Trotterdam here. People get to be anarchies because they persistently pick minimal government libertarian-style options. And NS being NS, a lot of these nations have barely any crime.

At the very least, add a conditional option (anarchy but little/no crime) describing touring associations of nattily dressed handlebar-mustachioed motorbike gentlemen who regularly stop to assist grandmothers to cross the street, pick up litter, and find forever homes for shelter @@ANIMALS@@. With such fine and upstanding citizens, outside assistance is not really needed, etc.

Lots of "I <3 Mother" facial tattoos and the like.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:43 am

Posted on Writer's Block to clear up the concerns more. https://forum.nationstates.net/posting.php?mode=quote&f=13&p=33898785.

I really want to settle it in a more permanent/public place before I go ahead.

Ab Humanitatis Scientiam wrote:
Trotterdam wrote:"Anarchy" doesn't automatically mean "high crime"

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:I'm with Trotterdam here. People get to be anarchies because they persistently pick minimal government libertarian-style options. And NS being NS, a lot of these nations have barely any crime.

At the very least, add a conditional option (anarchy but little/no crime) describing touring associations of nattily dressed handlebar-mustachioed motorbike gentlemen who regularly stop to assist grandmothers to cross the street, pick up litter, and find forever homes for shelter @@ANIMALS@@. With such fine and upstanding citizens, outside assistance is not really needed, etc.

Reminds me of that Spongebob episode where they end up meeting the "Mild Guys", who are a bunch of geriatric nice fish on motorcycles instead of the "Wild Guys" who level towns. XD
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Ab Humanitatis Scientiam
Envoy

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ab Humanitatis Scientiam » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:55 am

Chan Island wrote:Posted on Writer's Block to clear up the concerns more. https://forum.nationstates.net/posting.php?mode=quote&f=13&p=33898785.

Reminds me of that Spongebob episode where they end up meeting the "Mild Guys", who are a bunch of geriatric nice fish on motorcycles instead of the "Wild Guys" who level towns. XD

I had a non-mysogynistic version of the Overly Manly Man meme in mind. The sort who can bake a cake for the PTA meeting and run those damned blighters out of town (so do we really need police anyway?) if needed.

But yeah, basically.
Last edited by Ab Humanitatis Scientiam on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:49 am

Chan Island wrote:Posted on Writer's Block to clear up the concerns more. https://forum.nationstates.net/posting.php?mode=quote&f=13&p=33898785.

I had a non-mysogynistic version of the Overly Manly Man meme in mind. The sort who can bake a cake for the PTA meeting and run those damned blighters out of town (so do we really need police anyway?) if needed.

But yeah, basically.

Hm... that by itself is an interesting issue premise all on it's own.

To the drawing board!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?