NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Using NS forums

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The House of Petain
Minister

Founded: Jun 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

[Q] Using NS forums

Postby The House of Petain » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:40 pm

I do apologize if this is the wrong forum.

I know a few regions that take advantage of NS forums, and my current region is debating this.

First, could my region use the NS forums exclusively? Like would it be possible to make threads that are open only to residents of my region?

Second, if so does this extend beyond role-play? Say my regional National Assembly would like to have an area to debate and vote legislation? Again could a thread be made exclusively for these members?

Thanks.

Again apologies in advance if this is the wrong thread.
Michael Augustine I of the House of Petain

Founder, Chief Executive & Emperor of Westphalia
1000 Schloss Nordkirchen Ave, Munster Capitol District, Westphalia 59394

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:47 pm

The House of Petain wrote:I do apologize if this is the wrong forum.

I know a few regions that take advantage of NS forums, and my current region is debating this.

First, could my region use the NS forums exclusively? Like would it be possible to make threads that are open only to residents of my region?

Second, if so does this extend beyond role-play? Say my regional National Assembly would like to have an area to debate and vote legislation? Again could a thread be made exclusively for these members?

Thanks.

Regional administration doesn't belong on the forums, period. Roleplaying boards allow for region-closed roleplays and application/map threads; they also allow for hub threads for roleplaying/worldbuilding, but not regional administration - which belongs on your RMB, dispatches, etc. Your National Assembly would only be permissible if it was an In-Character roleplay, otherwise it qualifies as OOC regional administration.

Regions are also allowed one recruitment thread in Gameplay.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

The House of Petain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The House of Petain » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Kyrusia wrote:

Thanks.

Regional administration doesn't belong on the forums, period. Roleplaying boards allow for region-closed roleplays and application/map threads; they also allow for hub threads for roleplaying/worldbuilding, but not regional administration - which belongs on your RMB, dispatches, etc. Your National Assembly would only be permissible if it was an In-Character roleplay, otherwise it qualifies as OOC regional administration.

Awesome and thank you.

Polldger
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Polldger » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:17 am

Kyrusia wrote:

Thanks.

That said, there does been some discussion about making on site region administration easier via an "Internal Region Affairs" forum or other methods:

Several mods have commented on it

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=419231&p=32916265#p32916265

Ente Ente
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ente Ente » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:19 am

Well, you can always use Zetaboards for a private Forum.
Many larger regions do that.

The House of Petain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The House of Petain » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:56 am

Polldger wrote:
Kyrusia wrote:Regional administration doesn't belong on the forums, period. Roleplaying boards allow for region-closed roleplays and application/map threads; they also allow for hub threads for roleplaying/worldbuilding, but not regional administration - which belongs on your RMB, dispatches, etc. Your National Assembly would only be permissible if it was an In-Character roleplay, otherwise it qualifies as OOC regional administration.

That said, there does been some discussion about making on site region administration easier via an "Internal Region Affairs" forum or other methods:

Several mods have commented on it

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=419231&p=32916265#p32916265

That would be cool. Tbh, my region's assembly exists as a place to discuss and vote on WA resolutions and advise the WA delegate on how to vote. So having a spot where we could do that (just WA members from the region) would be great.

Return to Moderation