NATION

PASSWORD

Concerns about Deck Stats (April Fools card game)

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Concerns about Deck Stats (April Fools card game)

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:26 pm

We've had several complaints via Getting Help about inaccuracies in the Desk Stats Leaderboard from today's news post. Please don't contact the mods via GHR. We can't help you. If you want to post here, that's fine, but don't expect the stats to be regenerated.

I don't know anything about how the stats were assembled or whether they're accurate. It was done very quickly by [violet] before she ran off to her weekend plans. She's not going to respond to this before the work week. She may not respond afterwards.

There are no prizes for 'winning'. There is no punishment for 'losing'. It was a fun event, and that's all it was intended to be.

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:35 pm

I wish there was a stat for who spent the most
Some of us blew a ridiculous amount on people XD
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi all,

I am already making a start on the NSindex article and I have noticed, just for the record, that New Legland’s collection is worth 5,535.75 and not 5,488.61. My NSindex article will try to address any flaws that I can find. If anyone wishes to help me, please TG me so I can create an account for you: unfortunately there was a persistent vandal and I am not strong enough to deal with them.

Will this thread be fine for me to ask for further information? I acknowledge the tables may never be redone, but I have a few things that I think it may be worth asking to verify, such as the number of nations in each card category.

-- Minoa
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Minoa wrote:Hi all,

I am already making a start on the NSindex article and I have noticed, just for the record, that New Legland’s collection is worth 5,535.75 and not 5,488.61. My NSindex article will try to address any flaws that I can find. If anyone wishes to help me, please TG me so I can create an account for you: unfortunately there was a persistent vandal and I am not strong enough to deal with them.

Will this thread be fine for me to ask for further information? I acknowledge the tables may never be redone, but I have a few things that I think it may be worth asking to verify, such as the number of nations in each card category.

-- Minoa

He artificially inflated his deck price by a lot >_>
World Assembly Secretary-General | Guide to the Security Council | Security Council Ruleset | SC Ideas Thread

Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Chief of Staff and former four time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 19 Security Council Resolutions.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:06 pm

So, and this was also reported to moderation, was there any inquiry into suspicious card generation? With at least some legendaries, and this was rather notable with Reppy, nations with very similar names would spawn the card at the exact same time.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Koem Kab
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Koem Kab » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:27 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:So, and this was also reported to moderation, was there any inquiry into suspicious card generation? With at least some legendaries, and this was rather notable with Reppy, nations with very similar names would spawn the card at the exact same time.

If you put a lot of newly created nations in the same region, this happens, but only in very specific regions where there is a high legendary to card pull ratio. One of these regions is geofront. It had a legendary and 2 or 3 other cards that can be pulled. Nations created after the card game started cant be pulled, so if you made many nations and put them all in such region, you can get tons of legendaries. If there are more nations in a region, the 4th card in the loot box is more likely to be a card from your region. So, you were able to have a very high chance of pulling a legendary. I actually used this to get a couple legendaries, but then put a lot of pullable nations in that region to lower the chance of legendary.
Last edited by Koem Kab on Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:32 pm

I notice some of Testlandia's highest sells don't show up on the list:

2 hours ago: World bought for 249.99 from Mesoamerica.
4 hours ago: Ancient Egypt bought for 249.99 from Mesoamerica.
18 hours ago: Frisbeeteria bought for 200.00 from Luna Amore.
1 day 2 hours ago: Galiantus III bought for 250.00 from World.
1 day 4 hours ago: Wrapper bought for 180.00 from Ancient Egypt.

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:28 pm

Luna Amore wrote:I notice some of Testlandia's highest sells don't show up on the list:

That's just price inflation for like the first 3. Same thing goes for Helaw.
Last edited by Kractero on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mesoamerica
Civilian

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesoamerica » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:51 am

Kractero wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:I notice some of Testlandia's highest sells don't show up on the list:

That's just price inflation for like the first 3. Same thing goes for Helaw.

With the caveat that for testlandia the price didnt need to be inflated. The first three were just moving bank around and specifically done at a value lower than the highest legitimate sale (250) thus far so as not to skew the stats. The 200, 250 and 180 are all legitimate sales

Benevolent 1
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Benevolent 1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:09 am

Minoa wrote:Hi all,

-- Minoa

I found an error in the Deck stats concerning a stat of mine that was missing.
My deck was valued at 692.40 which should have placed 14th on the list but apparently was omitted.

The first Galactic Republic wrote:So, and this was also reported to moderation, was there any inquiry into suspicious card generation? With at least some legendaries, and this was rather notable with Reppy, nations with very similar names would spawn the card at the exact same time.

I also noticed some of these events along the way and it was a real head scratcher. Probably something I don't quite understand but I am very curious as to the explanation.
Last edited by Benevolent 1 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:06 am

Benevolent 1 wrote:I also noticed some of these events along the way and it was a real head scratcher. Probably something I don't quite understand but I am very curious as to the explanation.

The answer below is accurate.
Koem Kab wrote:If you put a lot of newly created nations in the same region, this happens, but only in very specific regions where there is a high legendary to card pull ratio. One of these regions is geofront. It had a legendary and 2 or 3 other cards that can be pulled. Nations created after the card game started cant be pulled, so if you made many nations and put them all in such region, you can get tons of legendaries

Benevolent 1
Spokesperson

Postby Benevolent 1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:53 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Benevolent 1 wrote:I also noticed some of these events along the way and it was a real head scratcher. Probably something I don't quite understand but I am very curious as to the explanation.

The answer below is accurate.
Koem Kab wrote:If you put a lot of newly created nations in the same region, this happens, but only in very specific regions where there is a high legendary to card pull ratio. One of these regions is geofront. It had a legendary and 2 or 3 other cards that can be pulled. Nations created after the card game started cant be pulled, so if you made many nations and put them all in such region, you can get tons of legendaries

That is an interesting tidbit of info. I had a similar experience with P-115 but not a real high pull rate of Legendaries but this was from a nation that has been there for a couple of years. However, it did pull a lot of Epics and they were as stated in the 4th card position. Thanks Fris.

EDIT: I have just taken a peak at GeoFront which was founded by NERVUN. Usually a quiet region which had 7 nations as of about 3 days ago which swelled to 178 by late Saturday. Mostly by new or restored CTE nations with default flags. It all makes sense now except why this sort of wacky thing happens. A bug?

No matter, I have enjoyed this game to the max and was ecstatic to find on Friday morning the game would not be ending and the cards would remain. I decided then to change my earlier strategy of dumping all my cards in the last hour. Sure glad I read Max's news feeds. I am looking forward to learning how the card game shall proceed forward.

And to be sure, the 7 day break is a lifesaver. This game was difficult to walk away from, even at 3 AM. Sleep deprivation and I are well acquainted now. :)
Last edited by Benevolent 1 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:47 am

Benevolent 1 wrote:A bug?

Not so much a bug as unanticipated potential. There are a lot of things we didn't like in retrospect. This was one of them. Others included bids for less than Junk value, the importance of Regions in card selection, inclusion of dead nations, inability to include new and refounded nations, and gaming the totals with artificial bids. We're going to be paying close attention to the discussions / suggestions in the Deck forum before the game is restarted.

Benevolent 1
Spokesperson

Postby Benevolent 1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:15 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Benevolent 1 wrote:A bug?

Not so much a bug as unanticipated potential. There are a lot of things we didn't like in retrospect. This was one of them. Others included bids for less than Junk value, the importance of Regions in card selection, inclusion of dead nations, inability to include new and refounded nations, and gaming the totals with artificial bids. We're going to be paying close attention to the discussions / suggestions in the Deck forum before the game is restarted.

The bids for less than junk value were a major problem for me. My eyes aren't that good and I lost a bunch of cards I would have held onto otherwise by clicking on that ever persistent .01 sell bid a few players put on every high value cards not to mention others. OTOH I sold a lot of cards back and forth between my puppets for low ball prices, mostly .01. I'd be happy to see that practice terminated though.

The dead nations were a nuisance. I junked almost all of them. New & refounded nations was a minor nuisance for me but I can see where it bothered other players. The artificial bids especially at the end was distasteful as all hell. I hated seeing that. I placed high bids on a couple cards to let players know they couldn't afford them but in retrospect a no sell bid was the better position. I figured this out Saturday morning with my Queen Yuno card and cancelled the 999.99 I put on her.

I did some tribute bids. Strawberry Fields got the bid of the day John Lennon died (1208.80) but somebody bought it for a low price and I have no idea how that happened. A couple cards with a leaf of weed got the 4.20 and one a 420.00 price. I have a Martin Luther King card and was going to price it at 404.68 but it was missing the Jr. part of his name so I went with something else.

I had a couple players buy cards at higher than current market prices "by accident." I checked them out and they both had amazing numbers of cards in their decks and were obviously in haste makes waste mode and didn't recognize their own culpability. One of them whined a lot like I'm the guy at the return desk at Walmart or something. Told them noth all sales are final. I myself never thought of bothering any seller once I messed up by oops clicking on the damn button. What's done is done. Players need to take responsibility for their unforced errors IMHO.

The importance of regions in card selection is a tricky one. Maybe you can elaborate on what the top brass has in mind there?

The only other thing that I can think of was one aesthetic issue with flags on cards that were created from banners. The top of them were cut off. Minor thing, but I can't see a fix for that as feasible anyway or how ...other than the player himself changing to a flag configuration. I did that for one nation.
Last edited by Benevolent 1 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:39 pm

Benevolent 1 wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:Not so much a bug as unanticipated potential. There are a lot of things we didn't like in retrospect. This was one of them. Others included bids for less than Junk value, the importance of Regions in card selection, inclusion of dead nations, inability to include new and refounded nations, and gaming the totals with artificial bids. We're going to be paying close attention to the discussions / suggestions in the Deck forum before the game is restarted.

The bids for less than junk value were a major problem for me. My eyes aren't that good and I lost a bunch of cards I would have held onto otherwise by clicking on that ever persistent .01 sell bid a few players put on every high value cards not to mention others. OTOH I sold a lot of cards back and forth between my puppets for low ball prices, mostly .01. I'd be happy to see that practice terminated though.

The dead nations were a nuisance. I junked almost all of them. New & refounded nations was a minor nuisance for me but I can see where it bothered other players. The artificial bids especially at the end was distasteful as all hell. I hated seeing that. I placed high bids on a couple cards to let players know they couldn't afford them but in retrospect a no sell bid was the better position. I figured this out Saturday morning with my Queen Yuno card and cancelled the 999.99 I put on her.

The importance of regions in card selection is a tricky one. Maybe you can elaborate on what the top brass has in mind there?

The only other thing that I can think of was one aesthetic issue with flags on cards that were created from banners. The top of them were cut off. Minor thing, but I can't see a fix for that as feasible anyway or how ...other than the player himself changing to a flag configuration. I did that for one nation.

Puppets can always solve the problem by taking an extra step and just offering for higher prices and then trading the money back over.

Benevolent 1
Spokesperson

Postby Benevolent 1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:48 pm

Kractero wrote:
Benevolent 1 wrote:

Puppets can always solve the problem by taking an extra step and just offering for higher prices and then trading the money back over.

I did some double trades with my pups a few times. They sell me a newly found card on the cheap, then I sell it back to them for the puppets available bank. Then sell it again back to myself on the cheap. Saves time.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:48 am

Koem Kab wrote:

If you put a lot of newly created nations in the same region, this happens, but only in very specific regions where there is a high legendary to card pull ratio. One of these regions is geofront. It had a legendary and 2 or 3 other cards that can be pulled. Nations created after the card game started cant be pulled, so if you made many nations and put them all in such region, you can get tons of legendaries. If there are more nations in a region, the 4th card in the loot box is more likely to be a card from your region. So, you were able to have a very high chance of pulling a legendary. I actually used this to get a couple legendaries, but then put a lot of pullable nations in that region to lower the chance of legendary.

We had this sort of immigration in the IDU (whose 180 or so longer-term residents included 5 Legendaries and 4 Epics) as well.

Can we be told how many nations there were in each category of rareness?
Did the IDU top the list for number of Legendaries present?
Last edited by Bears Armed on Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Mademoiselle Victoire Duplarier du Pont
Civilian

Founded: Jul 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mademoiselle Victoire Duplarier du Pont » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:01 am

Bears Armed wrote:Did the IDU top the list for number of Legendaries present?

The North Pacific had the most legendaries, with 10 present in their region during the event. In second is Wysteria with 7 Legendaries, and Forest is third with 6.

Forest, as the center of issues writing, had the legendaries Ransium, Candlewhisper Archive, Caracasus, Zwangzug, The Marsupial Illuminati, and Frieden-und Freudenland.

Wysteria, being dominant in the World Census rankings, was home to the legendaries The Bruce, The Grendels, Complete Bastards, Wulfhelm, Tremalkier, Koffee, and Techno.

The North Pacific, being the largest region in NationStates, had among them the legendaries McMasterdonia, Dutchyland, Bothia, Kingdom of Space, Whereisthatistan, Wilkshire, Holy Oranz, Chedonia, Notyoutopia, and Merconitonitopia.
Last edited by Mademoiselle Victoire Duplarier du Pont on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:40 am

Mademoiselle Victoire Duplarier du Pont wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:Did the IDU top the list for number of Legendaries present?

The North Pacific had the most legendaries, with 10 present in their region during the event. In second is Wysteria with 7 Legendaries, and Forest is third with 6.

Forest, as the center of issues writing, had the legendaries Ransium, Candlewhisper Archive, Caracasus, Zwangzug, The Marsupial Illuminati, and Frieden-und Freudenland.

Wysteria, being dominant in the World Census rankings, was home to the legendaries The Bruce, The Grendels, Complete Bastards, Wulfhelm, Tremalkier, Koffee, and Techno.

The North Pacific, being the largest region in NationStates, had among them the legendaries McMasterdonia, Dutchyland, Bothia, Kingdom of Space, Whereisthatistan, Wilkshire, Holy Oranz, Chedonia, Notyoutopia, and Merconitonitopia.

Thank you for the answer.
Oh well, we can probably claim fourth place, jointly if not alone, anyhows.
In case anybody wonders, our 'Legendary' member nations were/are Bears Armed (GenSec, & Commended), Gnejs (Issues Editor), Sanctaria (Issues Editor, & Commended), Sciongrad (GenSec, & Commended), and Separatist Peoples (GenSec, & Commended).
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Benevolent 1
Spokesperson

Postby Benevolent 1 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:08 am

I am curious how it was determined (other than high population and Mod status) which nations were classified as Legendaries or Epics.

It seemed nations that were designated Rares and Ultra Rares had some relation to population, region founding with WA status having some weight. Did forum posts or number of issues answered figure into to these classifications as well?

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:11 am

Population, founder status, WA trophies, WA/SC/Issue Authorship, Staff status all seemed to play a role.

I doubt forum posts counted because the forum and the game don't talk to each other much. And because Nana is only Uncommon despite having 170,000+ posts.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Anti Slavikia
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Anti Slavikia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:30 pm

When the Cards return, will the Deck Stats Leaderboard be updated, preferably weekly?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical