NATION

PASSWORD

Nina Islands Ambassadors Fourm (SUNALAYA ONLY)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Nina Islands
Secretary

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nina Islands » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:42 pm

LOCAL NEWS - INTERNATIONAL - POLITICS - ENTERTAINMENT - SPORTS

Commonwealth Act passes Congress, The Nina Islands becomes an independent nation

April 6th, 2018, Harley Suss, Editor of the Nina Islands Telegraph

After barely passed the Senate and the House of Representatives in Layfet, today Executive Minister Susan Polster signed the Commonwealth Act, which today created the newly independent nation - the Commonwealth of the Nina Islands. The new Prime Minister and former governor - Akaysha Maria Parker and Polster worked out the deals of the Treaty of Establishment, which converts the Commonwealth into a treaty between the two nations.

In this treaty, the Nina Islands has become an independent sovereign entity apart from the Democratic Republic of Layfet. While the original bill required that they remain Layfetian, It has now been amended that Nina Islands will still be bound to Layfet until it drafts a new constitution, which will be drafted by the end of July. The Nina Islands will use the Layfetian/Libriran/Kohharuese currency of the Libfray and recognize Layfet's Executive Minister as its head of state, but once the new constitution is established, Layfet will no longer hold any influence over the island group. Layfet and the Nina Islands also worked out that anyone who is currently a citizen of Layfet is also a citizen of the Nina Islands and vice versa, however anyone born after April 6th, 2018 will only retain the citizenship of their respective country.

Layfet also holds rights to use the Nina Islands' Exclusive Economic Zone until the end of 2025 and rights to station the Layfetian National Guard in the Nina Islands until 2035. Visa Free Travel, a Free-Trade Agreement, a Space and Research Agreement and a Deceleration of Friendship have also been signed to help prop up the nation. The Nina Islands is also required to apply to join the Rhodeve Commonwealth by the end of the month. The last item was the Willow Rose Launch Center, which was built by the USJR in the 1980s, will remain as a jointly held special administrative zone of Layfet and the Nina Islands until 2025, by then it will be re-negotiated what its status will be. The WRLC is also still open to Commonwealth use.

Prime Minister Parker is set to give a speech the following week on the nation's newfound independence, having not doing so yet due to working with Polster and the Layfetian Government with the transition as well as setting up meetings with foreign ambassadors.

IN OTHER NEWS:
-International
List of future Commonwealth Space Station (CSS) missions for late 2018 now available on the CSS website
Layfet-Rhodevus-Pantorrum nuclear missile trade deal concluded
Nina is projected to make $L550 Million on opening night worldwide
East Ventismar Alliance formed

-Domestic
Constitutional Committee begins in Solomon
Port Hoggan closed for reconstruction
70% of Nina Islanders approve of Parker's leadership, survey says
Nina Islands to choose new capital in upcoming vote
Nina Islands to kept Layfetian jack on its flag

The Nina Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nina Islands » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Solomon City Hall, Office of the Prime Minister
April 6th, 2018

Akaysha was waiting in her office. She had just gotten off the phone with the Rezuan Minister of International Affiars, Rosalia Ross who had been working with her to establish diplomatic ties. Ross had informed her that Rezua will be sending a member of their noble family, a women by the named of Rebeka, who was a military officer has far as Akaysha had been told over to official start diplomatic ties and offer the Nina Islands a deal.

Seeing as the new National Assembly was busy with the constitutional committee, they granted Akaysha "dictatorial" powers until July. She wanted to use these new temporary powers to help build her nation and the first order of business was to get other nations to recognize her nation. She was anxious for the meeting, but still hopeful that nothing would go wrong. She sipped a bit of her cold coffee, before walking out of her small office.

She made her way down to the Transportation office, were a clerk by the name of Gina Green, who was probably in her late 60s was on manning the radio.

"Any word?" Akaysha asked politely.

"Nadda a thing yet miss. But I'll be her'" she said, equally politely.

"Thank you, Miss Green." Akaysha said turning away as she started towards the mess hall.

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:23 pm

Skies Over The Nina Islands

The 8th Rezuan Air Raiders were cruising at an easy rate. They had made several stops on the way but had gone at a fast pace. Rezua wanted to be the first nation to get a meeting with the Nina Islands. These soldiers were not the ones who would be making the new deals though. Onboard, in her crisp navy blue officer’s uniform was Rebeka Lizabont. The petite duchess did not have anything else to wear besides her uniform. Now acting as an ambassador, she had wanted to display a civilian outlook but that was just not possible. She looked surprisingly like Empress Ymira, though shorter and with a softer face. Her eyes were the same sapphire of the Everens, but her hair was light brown, not a shade of blonde.

The Rezuans would be heard long before they were seen. It was custom of the Air Raiders to play their battle hymn over their speakers whenever they were landing. Though, the sound of the song was somewhat drowned out by the waves, as they had decided to fly lower to see the waves. They had come from combat and were hoping to see a glimpse of beauty before returning.

Rebeka stared out a gun slot. The gun wasn’t facing outward, to not be threatening. From this window of warfare, Rebeka could see the glimpse of a young nation. A place of hope. A place yet untouched by the horrors of th world. She smiled, it was rare to see so innocent a land.

April 6th, 2018

Just before walking into the office, Rebeka removed her cap and her military rank and insignia. She wanted to not be threatening, to appear as a friend rather than a oppressor. If she’d had time to get different clothes, she would have. Still, it couldn’t be helped now.

Once, she had been one of the best ambassadors in the Empire. Her brother had put in a lot just to get her the ability to be sent. She took a deep breath and hoped that some of her charm and wit had been unrusted by disuse.

She entered the room smiling and nodded at a beautiful young woman seated behind a stern looking desk. Rebeka used English, the language of the Commonwealth “Hello, I’m Ambassador Rebeka Lizabont, Duchess of Kurzera. I’m here to speak to you about Rezua’s offer to grant you a trade agreement and military defense pact. Being that your country is so new, Rezua wishes to see you succeed unhindered by any hostile elements.” She took a seat and smiled apologetically “I had no time to change clothing, please forgive my appearence. I’d much rather be in business attire but that just wasn’t possible. It does serve to show you that Rezua defends her allies.”
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

The Nina Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nina Islands » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:51 pm

*Akaysha's face, noticing how stunning Rebeka is*

April 6th, 2018

With the sudden appearance of a women in her office without being notified from the transportation office downstairs and had just gotten back from the mess hall, Akaysha was in a bit of a shock. Her hair was a bit messy and she had left a half eaten biscuit on her desk. As Rebeka sat down, Akaysha hasty shoved the plate with the biscuit in a drawer before turning to her. As Rebeka noted and apologized for appearing in uniform, Akaysha took a moment and noticed how incredibly stunning the women she just met was incredibly stunning. Her soft face radiated with warmness and her sapphire eyes shined with the power of the night stars. Her hair, smooth, with not a point of frizz. Her legs, long and slender as she sat in her chair. Akaysha couldn't help make a dumbfounded look and stare at the beauty now in her office.

When Rebeka finished her sentence, Akaysha waited just a tad moment more before collecting herself. "Oh, no worries... your duchess. I must apologize too, I thought it would be a bit latter before you arrived and I hadn't had the time to get prepared. I'm sorry, I must look like a mess to you."

She paused, before continuing "So can you tell me about this offer Rezua has sent you with, the details you know. About the free trade and defense pact." Akaysha said with a hint of rushness to hide the fact that she had the dumbfound look earlier.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:03 pm

Solomon City Hall
Office of the Prime Minister

The duchess laughed “You don’t have to call me a duchess. And you look just like Helen did when she took over as grand duchess.” Her laugh faded into a sorrowful smile, a smile of rememberance. “Alphonse...he didn’t show his nervousness when he became grand duke nor his grief. Though I know he was both those things. Ah, look at me, bringing up grief when you’re celebrating. My apologies. I only meant to say, no, you don’t look like a mess.”

Rebeka took out a folder and showed some documents to Akaysha. “What we propose is a defensive military alliance between our nations. With Rezua backing your legitimacy, it scares off nations who wish to make you into their puppets. Rezua would have a military base on the islands that contains part of port than can be used for military and commercial goods. In return, Rezua pledges to protect the Nina Islands”

“Besides just military gain, we offer you free trade for the next fifteen years in order to help stimulate your economy, to help you get your foot in the economic door.” The ambassador paused to study Akaysha’s face to judge how she was reacting to the deal.

“So, does that sound good?”

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

The Nina Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nina Islands » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:44 pm

Solomon City Hall
Office of the Prime Minister

As Rebeka, talked, Akaysha took in every word and was thankful when the duchess reassured her that she was okay and not a mess. As she read the documents the Rebeka and laid out in front of her, Akaysha couldn't help but slightly up now and again to get a glimpse of Rebeka, but after each moment passed, she darted back down to the paper as to not be exposed that indeed Akaysha was checking out the newfound ambassador.

Akaysha let out a deep breath, collected herself for another moment and read the documents over one more time, this time resolving herself to focus entirely on the deal presented to her. She thought about the implications for a moment before setting the papers down on her desk and looking back towards Rebeka, looking directly into her sapphire eyes and saying "Yes, this will definitely work for us".

Afterwards, Akaysha reached over for a pen that was in a cup labeled "World's Best Beaches" but accidentally knocking over the cup onto the floor. Akaysha stood up and hastily said "I'm so sorry, you might now also think of me as a klutz." before rounding the desk to pick up the cup and the pens. "Please, while I'm doing this, tell me more about this grand duke". she said, trying to make some small talk.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:58 pm

A smile lit up the young ambassador’s face as she knelt to help Akaysha pick up the mess she’d made. “The Grand Duke of Kurzera is my brother, Alphonse. He’s an army brat, my other brother Jeremy is a navy brat. They fought a lot about which was more important before Alphonse became Grand Duke. Now, my brother does his best to try and run Kurzera as best he can. You see, my family was a great ally of the Everens, of the first emperor of their line. So we got to become top noble family in Lizabont.” She chuckled “It’s why the Sorilette Isles are so full of nobles. They didn’t like us and didn’t want to listen to us. We are like a mini-Rezua. We have a grand duke who’s like a monarch. He’s even got a parliament to argue with. Most provinces only get local parliaments. My brother, like the empress was, is slowly going into the role. He’s changed a lot. He was always my older brother but now...it’s like he’s my old brother.”

The young ambassador helped collect the last bits of the mess and then stood up. She grunted as she stood “God I’m so sore.” she grumbled “I’ve been in a war zone on an army cot for months. If you dont mind, since we finalized the treaty, would you kindly show me the islands, perhaps let me know what some of your plans for the future are?”

The Nina Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nina Islands » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:13 pm

As the beauty helped her pickup the mess, Akaysha listened lively, careful to hang onto every word, for a moment, Akaysha was sure their eyes had met, but maybe it was just her imagination. After the mess was picked up, Akaysha quickly signed both documents before leaving them on the desk and then turned to Rebeka, who was there standing tall.

"Of course" Akaysha said with a smile and a hint of flirt. "But maybe, perhaps you would be more comfortable with something other then that uniform?" Akaysha said kindly before opening a closet door revealing many outfits from nice summer dresses, suits, and swimwear. "Take your pick, please" Akaysha said before pulling out a skirt, a bikini top and overshirt.

"If you want to relax a bit and enjoy the beach and talk some more, without getting sand in your shoes, I suggest you change. I'll be back in a bit" she said before leaving the room, heading towards the bathroom to change.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Before she could offer a protest, the foreign leader had already grabbed some clothes and left to change. Clearly this woman wasn’t Rezuan. Rezuans didn’t switch to partying that quickly, and certainly didn’t share clothes. Still, it would be rude to not continue on with the new leader, especially since she had asked to see the island.

Since she was alone, Rebeka just pulled the curtains shut to change. She kept on what she had beneath her uniform and chose a simple yellow summer dress. It was modest but not too conservative. Short but long enough to not be scandalous. She changed quickly and found some sandels to wear around. Once changed, she waited for her host to return.

The Nina Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nina Islands » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:20 am

Akayasha knocked on the door. "Everything alright, could I come in." Akaysha just remembered something that Rezuan Minister of International Affiars, Ross had told her about Rezuan culture and switching cloths. Akaysha hoped she hadn't offended the Ambassador, she was just worried that in that uniform, it might be a too hot, as it still was around 90 degrees outside.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:13 pm

Just as she finished changing, Akaysha returned. “Yes it’s fine.” the ambasdor said. She turned picked up her officer’s cap to use as a way to keep the sun off. The door opened and Rebeka smiled “I apologize, I should have taken another room. This is your office after all.” As she spoke, Rebeka began to fold her uniform in a meticulous manner, ensuring that it would remain wrinkle free. She worked quickly despite that, showing that she had long practiced working quickly.

“The heat won’t be an issue for me.” Rebeka said “I was just in Molenston, in the desert there. I’ve become used to the heat. I want to see all the islands, if possible. After all, my ride left to return to the war. I’ll be here until Rezua sends a boat or plane to come get me.”

The Nina Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nina Islands » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:39 am

Akaysha smiled. "I'm apologize, I just remembered something Ross told me about Rezuans, and their culture. I hope I didn't offended you in anyway by offering use of my cloths. I also wanted you to use my office. It would unkind to have you use a restroom."

She paused for a moment, seeing Rebeka's response, and seeing that was reasonably fine. Akaysha continued. "You are in for a treat, the islands are wonderful and about as beautiful as you look in that dress. I'll ring for a cab." She went over to her phone and called the Transportation Department downstairs, who summon a cab from the back lot. She sent a text really quick before opening the office door and led Rebeka out of the room. The two went downstairs and Miss Green, the Transportation Clerk opened the doors of the city hall, to the dirt road which lay a white cab. The cab driver opened the doors and let the two women in before shutting them and returning to the driver's seat.

The infrastructure, as Rebeka should have noticed while flying into New Kingstown airport wasn't the best. Besides at the Willow Rose Launch Center and what would eventually become the new Rezuan base. There wasn't a single patch of asphalt anywhere to be found. In the cities, most roads were either dirt or cobblestone and very survey. The buildings were also old and had a dirty but cultured feel to them. The hanging spaceport, if It wasn't for the dense tropical trees, would be visable from here. Truly, the Nina Islands was a developing country.

The cab started off. Akaysha seemed fine with the fact that there were no security personal with her, as truth be told, she didn't think she ever needed it, even during her time as governor of the islands. It was very relaxed. The cab driver, an Hogganese (url equivalent = Samoan) was quiet and seemed to know just were he was going though Akaysha never told me a word, but they were heading towards Coca Harbor were they would be able to catch a boat. It would be maybe a 15/20 minute drive.

Akaysha turned to Rebeka "How long are you planning to stay, Rebeka?" She asked. "Because if is more than just today, you can tour the spaceport and your future military base tommorow. Visiting all the islands will take us the rest of the day."

Belantica
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Belantica » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:47 am

On approach to the Nina Islands

A smaller plane began its descent towards the airport. Due to the small size of the airport, they couldn't use the standard 777 without running the risk of overshooting and landing in the sea. On board was Jack Feebs, an averga-sized man with brown hair and hazel eyes wearing a fresh white summer suit accompanied by a light blue shirt, and boat shoes. With him is Viktoria, the Princess Consort of Belantica, and wife of the Queen, who was wearing a simple but tasteful teal dress with a pair of sandals and some classy sapphire earrings she made.

"Have you went ahead and called their office?" Viktoria asked Feebs.

"Yes, I did" he replied, "athough I believe that the governor is already meeting with that Rebeka girl."
"Oh her, I wonder how she's been."
"Well, we may very well find out. I think the plane is about to land, since I can see some lovely clear water down there, I might have to go snorkeling."
"Well, we are here to do business, not take a holiday."
"Hey, maybe afterwards I can go and check it out. I'm a beach boy, this stuff appeals to me."
Viktoria snickers, "Yes that is true."

The plane then touched down on the runway and taxied to a parking spot nearby. The doors were opened, and the two representatives climbed down onto the ramp, where Viktoria pulled out her smartphone from her purse. "I'm going to give them another ring, to let them know we've made it." She then dialed the number, turned it on speaker, and waited for someone on the other end to pick it up.
Automobile, guns, capitalism, democracy, environment, equality, science, legalized marijuana, ethical corporations, small businesses
Bicycle, communism, fascism, logging, racism, sexism, religion, war (except when necessary), Trump's stupidity, unethical corporations, Monsanto, Wal-Mart
Note: NS stats don't reflect the nation, the factbook will do that.
Now hooked on JDM, old American sedans, the chronic, and Super Eurobeat
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-Hunter S. Thompson
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

The Nina Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nina Islands » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:09 pm

Nina Islands Office of Customs, Trade, and Immigration
New Kingstown International Airport

The phone was ringing. Sian Nulu, a big, old, and balding Hogganese man who had just been promoted to Director of Customs, Trade, and Immigration, picked up the phone. Air Traffic Control then informed him that the Belantic delegation had just arrived and he had to escort them to city hall, where they would meet up with representatives from the Foreign Affairs office. Egh, he grunted walking out towards the runway, but not before telling Bob to "cover his shift".

Just before he exited the building, another phone rang, a Rezuan phone number. He picked it up. "Hello" he said in a thick Hogganese accent.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:17 pm

Before getting into the care the Rezuan shook her head "An ambassador is never offended to help create friendship between her hostess and herself. Your hospitality is commendable." She took the mildly flirtatious comment as a playful complement. After all, what could it be otherwise? After all, they'd just met. "You look nice in yours too." Rebeka answered. Replying in such a way was only proper. One complement for another.

In the car, Rebeka shrugged "I'll be staying for a few days. I'd like to see a tour of the future base's location, as well as the spaceport. To be honest, I'm surprised that there is a spaceport here. I was unaware of how natural your nation was. I'd hear that it was very quaint, but I had no idea this is what they meant. Not that it's a bad thing, just something to keep in mind when we are trading. Let me know if you want to urbanize at all, or if you wish to remain rural. It would help with trade."

Glancing out the window she asked "What kind of boats do you use locally? Your nation seems just the right size for easy use of sail boats. I myself and quite good at sailing, after all, I live on the coast in Kurzera. Oh, and how are your beaches? I'm not just tan from the desert, I'm tan because I can shred waves back home."

The Nina Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nina Islands » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:42 pm

Cerci Minia's Cab
On the road to Coca Harbor from New Kingstown

Akaysha responded with a sorrowful tone, "The USJR built the spaceport back in the 80s, during the cold war. Layfet was close to them then. It's seen a lot. Other then that, yeah the nation is quite quaint." Her tone picked up back to into a happy one. "As for its urbanization, I really can't say, sure I have all the power now, but I want the people to decide, many like the calm and incredibly cultural feel of the islands, others want to 'tech up' like the spaceport. I couldn't tell you right now."

After Rebeka glanced out the window and asked her second question, Akaysha continued to respond. "Sailing is the largest mode of transport out here, actually, as the people don't like to hear the rotors and engines of the really big ships, again, back to that old calm charm I was talking about and our beaches are the cleanest in the world according to some people, as well as some of the most beautiful. We will actually be visiting the only private beach in the country, belongs to a friend of mine and he is gone at college in Rhodevus, so he let the government use it. Maybe you can see how cool the palm tree crabs are."

As Rebeka glanced out the window, Akaysha looked towards her, staring at her for just a moment before saying "Are there really waves you can shred in Rezua, being that far north? I would think that ocean recreation wouldn't be a pastime. I wouldn't truly know, never been to Ventismar outside of Layfet, of course." Akaysha adjusted her bikini top to make her "pop" a bit more.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:14 pm

The brunette laughed "Gods no! I'd freeze my boobs off if I surfed in the mainland! The mainland has beaches, but only uses them during the hottest times of the year. Most people go to the southern half of Rezua to take advantage of the big lakes. I live in Kurzera, down in Ziambian. We're one of hottest parts of the empire, temperature wise. We're generally more laid back than the mainland and we live for the beach life. We swim and all that but we also have all sorts of beaches, ones for surfing, for boating, some for outdoor shooting. We recently opened a few topless beaches, just a few years ago. They keep those beaches pretty clean because lots of tourists go to them. I like them because they contain the best surfing spots in the empire."

She paused to take another look out at the waves. "You know, we could probably just kayak or sail around the island. It'd save some gas and give us the chance to get closer to the sea. I've been away from it for too long, central Molenston has no beaches to speak of. That and a war's going on. Regardless, I don't want to bring that up here."

The Nina Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nina Islands » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:34 pm

Cerci Minia's Cab
On the road to Coca Harbor from New Kingstown

Akaysha had no intention of bringing up the war, as she was more sensitive than that. She was glad though that it seemed as if Rebeka was becoming more relaxed with her, talking more loosely. "We will be sailing!" Akaysha exclaimed. "My sailboat is just waiting for us in Coca Harbor, but before we get out on the ocean, would you like to try some Ninan coffee? It really is the best in the whole world. There is this cute little coffee shop just in town, called the 'Pirate's Grounds', it has fresh coca beans everyday and I go there often whenever I need to think."

After she said this, the cab driver hit a bump in the road caused by a tree route, as the back seat of the cab didn't have any seat-belts, Akaysha jumped a bit into the air and fell over, with her head landing right in Rebeka's lap. She straightened up quickly. "Sorry for that, I didn't mean to." She said.

Belantica
Diplomat

Postby Belantica » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:03 pm

The Nina Islands wrote:Nina Islands Office of Customs, Trade, and Immigration
New Kingstown International Airport

The phone was ringing. Sian Nulu, a big, old, and balding Hogganese man who had just been promoted to Director of Customs, Trade, and Immigration, picked up the phone. Air Traffic Control then informed him that the Belantic delegation had just arrived and he had to escort them to city hall, where they would meet up with representatives from the Foreign Affairs office. Egh, he grunted walking out towards the runway, but not before telling Bob to "cover his shift".

Just before he exited the building, another phone rang, a Rezuan phone number. He picked it up. "Hello" he said in a thick Hogganese accent.

"Hello, we've just gotten off out plane," Viktoria said, "we're the vistors from Belantica."
"Names?"
"Jake Feebs," Jake said, "and Princess Viktoria. We came to meet you folks!"
"Anyway, we've just called to let you know that we're ready to meet up with you all" Viktoria said.
Automobile, guns, capitalism, democracy, environment, equality, science, legalized marijuana, ethical corporations, small businesses
Bicycle, communism, fascism, logging, racism, sexism, religion, war (except when necessary), Trump's stupidity, unethical corporations, Monsanto, Wal-Mart
_[' ]_

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:19 pm

The sudden bump sent Rebeka bouncing up a little bit. Being used to bumpy rides from being in helicopters, Rebeka grabbed on to the car's door and landed down in her seat. Unfortunately, her hostess fell into her. Rebeka helped Akaysha With a shrug the ambassador smiled "You people must be so nice and caring here . It's okay, just was just a bump in the road. Or rather sand. Anyway, you don't have to apologize for every little thing."

The brunette took a look at the road in front of them to get a better look. It was a packed dirt path, some stones remained were it had once been "renovated". In Kurzera, paved roads were common, but she often went off-road in her jeep or ATV for fun. She loved the outdoors, this place was getting better and better by the minute. She looked back at Akaysha "Don't worry about the bumpy road, I go off-road all the time. And I'd love coffee! I haven't had good cup of coffee in months! I'm so pumped for this coffe I could kiss you. Er...that's just a Rezuan saying among friends. Like 'I'd kill you for a coffee, but in a more joking manner."

The Nina Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nina Islands » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:36 pm

New Kingstown International Airport Runway

Sian said "I see you, hol' on." hanging up before he jumped on a golf cart and made his way over to the Belantic plane where he saw the two. He pulled up to them. Got out and then proceeded to guide them to the golf cart. "This way Mr. Feebs, and ugh... your grace." The three of them journeyed to the front of the airport, where a an old NMW Cassio (IRL equivalent - Jeep Grand Cherokee) was parked. It looked like it had seen its fair share of the weather. He parked the golf cart, and an attendee picked it. They all got into the Cassio and started driving off. "I'mma sorry that de Prime Minister wasn' here to greet ya." Sian said, his accent even heavier than before. "She's with that Rezuan, Rebeka. We can see if we can get to 'er before they take a sailboat. Can I answer your questions? I am allowed to engage in foreign affairs."

Cerci Minia's Cab
Coca Harbor

Coca Harbor, north end

They reached Coca Harbor, the road from the south had emptied into what seemed like a bay of some sorts. Two radio towers dawned over the town with many different colored houses. Children were playing soccer in the streets and an elderly man was walking his goats toward the marina. There was a small port on the south side, where some fisherman were unloading their take for the day. The cab stopped to let the children get out of the "road" before continuing to the small coffee shop perched on the side of a hill. It was the "Pirate's Grounds". It was a two story building with no windows with the bottom floor being open, leading into an area with wooden tables, chairs, and a bar. Coffee makers were around. There were a few patrons, but it was too busy, bikes were aligned across its pillars and there were paintings along the wall.

The cab stopped and the two got out. "This is it." Akaysha said, before grabbing Rebeka by the wrist and pulling her inside and to the counter. "Akaysha! My Prime Minister, I hear now" a large Hogganese man whose tattoos covered a large portion of his body. He was shirtless, but had a towel draped over his shoulder. "Mersi!" Akaysha said letting go of Rebeka's wrist and giving the fat man a hug. He picked her up and squeezed before letting her down. "Nice to see you in town." He said.

"Oh yes, I've been busy with the transfer of power and stuff. This is my friend and diplomat from Rezua, Rebeka!" She said. Before she could react. Mersi had picked Rebeka up and given her a big hug. "So what will it be, while I got you two here?" he asked.

"Oh, the best you have Mersi" Akaysha said, Mersi then yelled back in Hogganese to a clerk before showing Rebeka and Akaysha to a table. "I'll be back in a sec." He said.

Akaysha turned to Rebeka, noticing how her tan skin was gleaming in the dim lights of the shop, though it could have been her imagination. Akaysha then asked "What do you think?"

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:16 pm

The speed at which the new prime minister declared Rebeka a friend was simply mind blowing to the Rezuan ambassador. Perhaps she was playing into her own people's stereotype too much, but it took most Rezuans a few years to call someone a friend. A true friend. In other nations, a friend was just a polite way to introduce someone you knew. Perhaps the prime minister was just being nice. Before she could continue that though, the big man bear-hugged her before she could even utter a protest. Even faster, the two women were ushered to a table.

Out of the corner of her eye, Rebeka caught that look again. The same face Akaysha had made when she walked into her office. It was not just a look of disorganization or surprise. No. For a brief second, Rebeka glimpsed something in the prime minister's eye. A slight flush of the cheek. Damn it Rebeka thought to herself. It was as she had first thought but believed was a mistake. Akaysha was into her. Very into her.

Rebeka suddenly didn't want to be sitting at the table and more. She wanted to escape desperately, to get into a helicopter, to go back to Molenston if she had to. She wasn't ready for someone to get close to her again, not after what had happened. Not after what the Bannerless Brotherhood had done. She didn't need more heartache in her life. Not this soon. Maybe...maybe she was just imagining thinks. Maybe she was the one falling for the prime minister, misreading thinks. It wouldn't be the first time.

She cleared her throat and looked around the room. Paintings of pirate ships adorned the walls. Some were big with their guns firing off clouds of fire and smoke. Others were small, zipping through the waves. What caught her eye was a painting on the far wall of a woman in a long captain's coat. She didn't need to read it to know it was Nina the Pirate Queen. But what was most surprising was the painting next to her. A light haired man with stormy eyes, a proud scowl, and stern look. The coat he wore could be mistake for no other nation. The navy blue of the Rezuan banner matched the color of this coat perfectly, white highlights followed the buttons and curve of the shoulders. A gold slash with six medals pinned to it rested just under the coat. And finally, a broad hat with a single, tall yellow feather. Captain Audwin Leifer. Or rather, Admiral Leifer.

Rebeka almost rolled her eyes. Captain Leifer would be rolling in his grave if he could see where his painting now rested. True, it wasn't an original, but still. This man was talked about constantly at her house, by her brother Jeremy. He'd studied Leifer's tactics and read countless books on the man. After all, what naval officer didn't study this hero? Seeing him here was almost like seeing your grandfather at a stripclub. It was just weird.

Still, the cafe was well decorated for the theme and Rebeka couldn't help but respect the effort put into it. Crossed sabres, a fake cannon in the corner, barrels of "rum" that dispensed drinks. It was well fitting for the room. Rebeka smiled "Yes, it is a very nicely decorated place. Though, I must say, I don't think I'd have put a navy man over by the pirate queen. What's the deal with that?"

Belantica
Diplomat

Postby Belantica » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:34 pm

"Well," Jack began, slipping his shoes off his feet," I guess I wanna know the basic run-down of the islands, so I can get a feel for the place." As the SUV continued to tread down the road the world seemed more peaceful there, free of the dominating skyscrapers and the bitterness of the cities back home, a change Jack was already liking, seeing how the lands felt alive and less manmade. Jack knew he would enjoy his time in the Islands, it was like his career combined with a holiday escape, and didn't mind at all. You can say that already, the Nina Islands started to grow on him.
"Do you think we'll meet them in time," Viktoria asked, " ehm, not really that, but whether we'd be all in one place."

"Ahh yes, the oh-so-punctual royals."

"Hey now, I wouldn't call myself overly punctual, that is more accurate of the Pearson twins."

"True dat. Now is there also a place we can stop for a drink? I feel the need to check out somewhere."
_[' ]_

The Nina Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nina Islands » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:22 pm

Pirate's Grounds
Coca Harbor

Akaysha didn't even look over to what Rebeka was referring to, having come to this coffee shop often enough, she could accurately guess that the Rezuan was looking at the painting of Admiral Leifer. She looked down for a second before looking directly into Rebeka's sapphire eyes. She smiled at Rebeka for a moment, and then she spoke. "That painting has been here since before I was born, Mersi says that his great grandfather owned this place in the late 1800s and that one day, a Rezuan trader visited the islands, selling items to to locals. He told me that his ship left without him and the Rezuan quickly spent all his money and became poor, so he traded the painting for a stake in the Pirate's Grounds. Mersi says that his great grandfather says that the Rezuan man said that it belonged here. Soon after the Rezuan man died, but not before leaving a note to Mersi's great grandfather telling him if he ever had a chance, he ought to go to the Rezuan's man real home, there he would learn about the truth between Leifer and Nina. Mersi's great grandfather never really cared for Pirates, only using Nina as a way to lure customers, so he died never telling anyone where this Rezuan man was from. Mersi told me the story a hundred times and he really wants to travel to Rezua one day."

Akaysha smiled again before laying her hand on top of Rebeka's to comfort her, it wasn't meant to be romantic, just nice, however Akaysha though, did feel a bit of a spark and her heart rate went up just a bit touching Rebeka. "I'm sorry, I know you must get a lot of b.s. surrounding Leifer and Nina these days, especially with the movie. All of Rezua must be annoyed about it."

Mersi returned with the coffee and Akaysha quickly withdrew her hand. The coffee was steaming, and Akaysha took some cream and sugar that was sitting on the table and started mixing her coffee waiting to see what Rebeka had to say.

An SUV
On the road toward New Kingstown

Sian opened his mouth. "Well, first de National Assembly would like to talk to ya, then maybe if they haven' left yet, you could catch up to the Prime Minister and that Rezu'n in Coca Harbor. There is a place ya could get some nice pineapple juice in New Kingsto'n. For the islands, we got five of them. All of them small towns with ol' and colorful build'ngs, except Noia island, where the spaceport and the ol' base that Rezua will get is. We got beaches and jungles, and no real roads. Nice folk though, everyone knows each other, and formalities don't really exis', hugs is the way to greet people for da most part. Got some cool food. What else you wanna know?"

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:02 pm

Pirate's Grounds
Coca Harbor

There was no doubt left in Rebeka’s mind. The way Akaysha’s hand rested on hers proved that to her. Her hand did not linger, but it hesitated for an instant when it slipped over hers. It wasn’t a hesitation of if she should do it or not. It was one of surprise.

Rebeka wasn’t sure how she felt at becoming the center of this stranger’s attention. There was no reason to openly reject her, not yet anyway. And if she didn’t give it the slightest chance, she wouldn’t be much different than the woman who left her.

She gave a half-grin “That’s quite the story alright. And for a man who didn’t care for pirates, he certainly at least believed in profit. Which there’s nothing wrong with.” She chuckled then “Yea it is kinda annoying to see a national hero be reduced to a love interest for a pirate. No offense of course, but Rezua isn’t too fond of pirates. They don’t exactly match our values. But I understand the appeal of forbidden love.”

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents