NATION

PASSWORD

Pax Francia [OOC | 1848] [CN Sponsored]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Pax Francia [OOC | 1848] [CN Sponsored]

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:03 am

Pax Francia, Viva La France

IC | Archive | Map | Old OOC | Discord
Warning, if you are sensitive to things of the political like, please, I advise you turn away. I do not want to say it like this, but simply put, this is a 'trigger' warning. Seriously. Leave if you take offense to the slightest of things. See rules.

It is the year of our lord Eighteen Forty Five. The French offensive in the Baltic's and Belarussia has begun due to repeated offenses made to the Polish and Swedish Nations, predominantly the sinking of the Swedish Fleet in Courland. After the ultimatum of ceding Finland and Lithuania was delivered, Russia occupied Lviv. France responded by mobilizing 250,000 men into Poland, after getting Prussian support (Treaty of Cologne, Prussian assistance and military access in exchange for Poznan). Within the first year Lviv was retaken aswell as Belarus, however by then the Russians had 500,000 in the Belarusian front and 120,000 in Finland. By then, another 100,000 was deployed through Sweden and into Finland and the Baltics with the French navy blockading the Black Sea and Baltic Sea.

In 1846, the French, Swedish, and Polish forces had Belarusia, the Baltics, Finland and Kola Peninsula occupied. Field Marshal Mikhail Vorontsov deemed the strategy "глубоко Зима", or deep winter. He developed the strategy following his various years of service in the Napoleonic Wars, the Ukrainian Insurgencies, and Russo-Iranian War (1824-1828). He saw the effect of winter and attrition caused by a long supply train in hostile terrain will kill the army. Gaining popularity, he led the Great Retreat in January and the Great Attack in June. The French V, VI, VII, Polish III, IX, and Swedish X Corps led by Marshal Marie Edme Patrice Maurice would march for Kiev. The long march from Minsk to Kiev was slowed by several battles seeing thousands lost on both sides. Before he reached Kiev, in the Battle of Potoky, the entire force was ambushed by tens of thousands of Cossack Cavalry and Russian Dragoons. As ranks began to collapse and disorganize, groups were isolated. In the end, only the French V, half of the VI, and a company from the Polish III made it to Kiev, taking the city. Edme Patrice would see his Marshalship taken away as he would be surrounded. With a little over a hundred thousand men lost, the French lost momentum

The French had lost a large chunk of its army, over 1/3rd of its forces.Napoleon the Second, angry and confused, attempted a decisive at Minsk, however, he was surrounded and captured. That was mid Eighteen Forty Seven. It is no late Eighteen Forty Eight, and mainland France has had enough of the disastrous war and disastrous defeats of the Emperor. Revolution has sprung and with 200,000 men and women attacking the National Guard of 40,000 men and the remaining Army of Reserve defending the Emperor.

The Polish War, as its called, has been disastrous. With a staggering body count of 680,000 men for both sides, and the destruction of the historic city of Saint Petersburg, nations such as the Republic of Britain, Prussia, Austria, and Italy are calling for an end to the War. It is unknown what will happen.

In other news, Mexico has contracted the use of several German and American arm manufacturers producing a breech-loaded Musket, entering mass production. France was attempting to purchase them however the war in the mainland has proven these deals impossible. America's industrial economy has plummeted, the North being practically at Great Depression levels. The South, however, has seen able bodied men from the north head to the south, with the need for slaves lowering and more freemen being present. With France encroaching on Britains monopoly in Asia, The British-Dutch East Indies has lost a lot of money, and if things do not change, it will file bankruptcy.

The Qing Chinese has seen most of its army armed with Muskets, albeit flintlock. They have reached Russian industrial levels, though they too shall learn that they can force their population to dress, shave, and act like Europeans, but they will never be European, and that has been causing some issues. In Japan, the Emperor recognizes that the French will soon be unable to meet their requests, and has looked to others for their weapons.

That is all for now, from here on out, you will decide what you will do and if you are able to come out on top!

Rules
In peace, the active Army can only reach 1% of your population with only another 5% allowed to be reserve. In times of War, conscription is allowed and may be implemented depending on how dire the situation is.

My word is above all, with Co-OP's second to that. Respect it.

Realism. Please understand that if you are Songhai or the Boers, for example, that you will not be able to invade some where like Europe, nor will you have complete modern grand armies. Do not bite more then you can chew. Economy will be strained on large armies in small nations.

Reservations. Reservations last two days. You are allowed one extension of another to days however after that it is cleared and you are not able to reserve it for another week.

Etiquette. You have three warnings that reset every month. Any flaming, intentional disrespect, or hate towards a player will be given a warning. If you have a issue with something in the OOC, please come to me before going to an admin, there is no need to cause players trouble due to a simple post or a joke. Blatant disrespect, racism, or anything else will, however, be reported. NS does not want that and it does not look good for Cobalt Network or yourself

Roster
Co-OPs-
Khasinkonia

Accepted:
Bonapartist France - Military Lands of the Scottish People
Catholic-Bourbon Militias - The Frozen Forest

Reserved:
Qing China
Songhai

Unfilled:
(from left to right)
The Republic of Alta-California
Mexican Junta (you can decide the name)
The United States of America
Gran Colombia
The Brazilian Empire [Habsburg]
Argentina (decide its government)
Kingdom of Spain
Kingdom of Portugal
Republic of Ireland
Kingdom of the Isles (Scotland, Irish-French protectorate)
Anglo-Dutch Commonwealth
Republican France
Kingdom of Prussia
Catholic German Federation (Bavarian Monarchy led/French influenced)
Kingdom of Italy (under Murat dynasty)
Kingdom of Denmark-Norway
Kingdom of Sweden
Swiss Federation
Austrian Empire
Kingdom of Hungary
Archduchy of Serbia
Kingdom of Greece
Ottoman Empire
Kingdom of Poland
Russian Empire
Sultanate of Egypt
Sokoto Caliphate
Ethiopia
Boer Republic
Oman Sultanate
Afsharid Dynasty
Mughal Empire
Maratha Empire
Rattanakosin
Dai Viet
Qing Dyansty
Japanese Empire

Code: Select all
[b]NS Name[/b]:
[b]Informal Nation Name[/b]:
[b]Formal Nation Name[/b]:
[b]Flag[/b]:
[b]Main Culture(s)[/b]:
[b]Other Culture(s)[/b]:
[b]Rejected Culture(s)[/b]: (This can but is not limited to Officially denounced cultures, for example, like the Russianification Policies folloed by Russia)
[b]Population[/b]:
[b]Colonial Population[/b]: (Please give each independent population for each colony. For small islands, simply group them.)
[b]Religion[/b]:
[b]Colonial Religion[/b]:
[b]Military Size[/b]: (Organizing this is up to you. This includes your navy, Active army size, reserve, and any other small details you'd like to add)
[b]Colonial Units[/b]: (If you have any local colonial recruited units, like Sepoys and the like, add it here and their stations)
[b]History[/b]: (Check the older OOC for reference)
[b]RP Example[/b]:
DO NOT DELETE - 90351
Last edited by Military Lands of the Scottish People on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 12 times in total.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Da Klan
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Da Klan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:04 am

T
A
G

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:09 am

Tag.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

WIP

Postby Greater Redosia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:24 am

NS Name: Greater Redosia
Informal Nation Name: Oman
Formal Nation Name: Sultanate of Oman and Zanzibar
Flag: Image
Main Culture(s): Arab, Baluchi
Other Culture(s): Swahili, Bantu, Afro-Arabs
Rejected Culture(s): N/A
Population: 1,225,500
Colonial Population: Djibouti: 15,400, Somalia and Kenya: 9,400, Zanzibar: 16,500, Madagascar: 2,400, Seychelles, 800(Please give each independent population for each colony. For small islands, simply group them.)
Religion: Ibadi Islam, Sunni Islam, Shia Islam
Colonial Religion: Animist, Sunni Islam, Coptic Christianity
Military Size: (Organizing this is up to you. This includes your navy, Active army size, reserve, and any other small details you'd like to add)
Colonial Units: (If you have any local colonial recruited units, like Sepoys and the like, add it here and their stations)
History: (Check the older OOC for reference)
RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=431895&p=33672489#p33672489
DO NOT DELETE - 90351
Last edited by Greater Redosia on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:49 pm

你們好,我的朋友們。

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:27 pm

Tag, could I app for a United Scandinavian Empire? Or is only Sweden viable?
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:08 pm

Interested but not sure if i understand what colors in France represent which factions, and a bunch of other nations which aren't making any sense (for example that light blue on the American West Coast. Is it up to us to build factions for the territory or am i overlooking something.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:10 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:Interested but not sure if i understand what colors in France represent which factions, and a bunch of other nations which aren't making any sense (for example that light blue on the American West Coast. Is it up to us to build factions for the territory or am i overlooking something.

I understand that, I will make a roster consisting of all the nations tonight.
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Tag, could I app for a United Scandinavian Empire? Or is only Sweden viable?

Only Sweden I am afraid, however it does own the largest portion of territory in Scandinavia and, if they are able to, able to get the rest of finland as a demand for their participation in the war!
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.

I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Senator

Ex-Nation

Roster of unfilled nations to be added.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Oh and the discord will be posted tonight!

Atrilan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Oh, when you asked me about the sponsor I didn't think it'd be going up the same day xD
Looks good.
Last edited by Atrilan 13.7 billion years ago, edited 73 times in total.
National Information
Leader - Antrinoxa Program
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - People's Republic of China

THE TECHNOCRATIC STATE OF ATRILAN
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:15 pm

Atrilan wrote:Oh, when you asked me about the sponsor I didn't think it'd be going up the same day xD
Looks good.

NO H E L E N A I N M Y B O N A P A R T E F R A N C E

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:16 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:Interested but not sure if i understand what colors in France represent which factions, and a bunch of other nations which aren't making any sense (for example that light blue on the American West Coast. Is it up to us to build factions for the territory or am i overlooking something.

I forgot, the Light Blue is Catholic/Bourbon Royalists, Dark blue in North East France is Republican.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:

I forgot, the Light Blue is Catholic/Bourbon Royalists, Dark blue in North East France is Republican.

Mmm, thanks for letting me know. I'd like to reserve the Royalists then, if thats alright.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:27 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:
Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:I forgot, the Light Blue is Catholic/Bourbon Royalists, Dark blue in North East France is Republican.

Mmm, thanks for letting me know. I'd like to reserve the Royalists then, if thats alright.

Alright, I will update the roster now!

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015

Postby Chewion » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:03 pm

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:

I understand that, I will make a roster consisting of all the nations tonight.
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Tag, could I app for a United Scandinavian Empire? Or is only Sweden viable?

Only Sweden I am afraid, however it does own the largest portion of territory in Scandinavia and, if they are able to, able to get the rest of finland as a demand for their participation in the war!

Nyet.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:39 am

Finishing up app and then posting Discord.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:39 am

Speaking of, message me when you get in said discord so I can give you the proper roles.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:03 am

Da Klan
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

WIP

Postby Da Klan » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:14 pm

NS Name:Da Klan
Informal Nation Name:Songhai
Formal Nation Name: The Songhai Empire
Flag:

Main Culture(s): The Songhai culture is most dominant thanks to a largely centralized government (with direct rule from Timbuktu, made the new capital). The elite tend to appear in clothing styled after French fashion as well as choose to engage in French as their preferred lingua franca among themselves. The Arabic language is gaining popularity as a sort of business language also.
Other Culture(s): Most other cultures have been largely homogenized thanks to the centralization of the government
Rejected Culture(s): Certain Tuareg tribes tend to be of the rather rowdy nature
Population: 3,580,000
Colonial Population: All conquered territories are immediately incorporated into the empire, after some assimilation of course.
Religion: Islam mixed with traditional beliefs.
Colonial Religion:
Military Size: (0.5% of pop serves in military during times of minimal conflict)
179,000 loyal soldiers serving in all branches during times of minimal conflict.
3,000 serve as the Emperor's Guard
4,000 serve as soldiers in the Order of the Niger River, a paramilitary group loyal to the Grand Mufti.
2,000 serve as Gendarme
72,000 serve in the Cavalry Corps. The Corps utilizes horses and camels alike, and also serve as protection along the border. It also is tasked with management and utilization of artillery.
98,000 serve in the Royal Army. It is the largest and it receives the most funds out of all the branches in the military.
Colonial Units:
History:
After the annexation of Morocco, the Songhai Empire began a series of policies known collectively as "The Great Centralization". Roads were redirected to Timbuktu (chosen as the new capital due it being a major trade center), an elaborate mailing system was established, public schools were created to teach algebra and Songhai language, paper currency was introduced, and more mosques were built. Many of these policies were brought into place by Askia Ishaq III, son of the II who had helped defeat the Moroccans. His popular reign was cut short by the "Phantoms of Qktia", a tribal confederation founded by Tuareg tribesmen who had refused to convert to Islam, and had viewed the recent policies by the government to be a threat to their way of life.
Soon, under the rule of the Regent Queen Aisha the Empire led a great war against the Phantoms. After 30 years, the war ended with the last tribesmen fleeing to the Pepper Coasts, where they had allegedly died due to disease. While the empire was high off of the victory in the recent war, Aisha desired to consolidate her rule by assassinating the 28 year old Crown Prince Abdel. She would continue to reign on until her death in 1656, where she collapsed of old age, never to awake again. She held no heir, and a succession crisis ensued. The Merchant Prince Bertus al-Sadr along with a league of merchants used the wealth they possessed along with armies of mercenaries to gain control of the empire. The Union, as it was simply called, ruled the country as an oligarchic council until the year 1701, when an attempt to create a navy in order to expand into other parts of Africa led to direct conflict with the Portuguese, which had not appreciated a strange African naval force trying to engage in combat with African slave kingdoms. After a failed naval war with Portugal, the Union collapsed into debt, much owed to France which the Empire took loans from. The Songhai had given the French open access to their ports and for businesses in the country. The deal conti

RP Example: B O I
DO NOT DELETE - 90351

Mega WIP
Last edited by Da Klan on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:44 pm

bump

Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:54 pm

Hello you gay fags. I can't join this due to time constraints, but I shall lurk.
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

Pan Asia Broadcasting Channel: "We will achieve communism in 20 years." - Chairman Wei Yenwu, Central Government | Automation of industries threatens millions of jobs, says economic advisors

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:01 pm

Democratic East-Asia wrote:Hello you gay fags. I can't join this due to time constraints, but I shall lurk.

banned

if you ever want to join tho feel free to, there are a lot of unfilled nations!

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:02 pm

Also a proper list of unfilled nations will be added tonight, sorry it took so long.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:28 pm

NS Name: The Frozen Forest
Informal Nation Name: Bourbon Rebels / Bourbon Government
Formal Nation Name: The French Bourbon Restoration Government
Flag:

Main Culture(s): French
Other Culture(s): Occitan, Basque, Corsican
Rejected Culture(s): N/A
Population: 32,569,000 (All of France, considering France is currently engaged in Civil War),
Colonial Population: N/A
Colonial Religion: N/A
Military Size:
First Army -Commanded by Henri, Count of Chambord (28)

First Corps-Commanded by Louis Philippe (74)
-First Division-Commanded by Antoine Marie Philippe Louis d'Orléans (20)
-8,420 Infantry (Divided into 8 1/2 Regiments) (1000 Men Each
-1,500 Cavalry (Divided into 6 1/2 Squadrons of 200 Men Each)
-80 Artillery Crew (20 12-Pound Cannons)
-Second Division-Commanded by Ferdinand de Bertier de Sauvigny (66)
-Third Division-Commanded by Charles Joseph (63)

Second Corps-Commanded by Infante Francisco de Paula of Spain (54)
-First Division-Commanded by Charles de Morny (37)
-Second Division Commanded by Henri d'Orléans (26)
-Third Division-Commanded by Antoine-Geneviève-Héraclius-Agénor de Gramont (59)

-60,000 Men Total
Colonial Units: N/A
History:
The Beginning of the Bourbon Rebels battle starts following Napoleon's successful re-seizure of power from the Restored Bourbon Monarchy of 1815. When Louis XVIII of France was removed from power he took with him a portion of the French Treasury, using this vast amount of wealth to support and encourage the Royalists Factions within France. He armed them with weapons, propaganda and influential promises for them following the Monarchy's return to power. This return never did happen during his lifetime but his support allowed the flourishing of aristocratic ideas and Anti-Empire sentiment throughout France, especially in Brittany and Bordeaux.

His fortunes would pass on to the next leader of the Restoration Movement, Henri, Count of Chambord. Henri himself was a miracle child and a pretender to the French Throne. He was allowed to stay in France until his obviously dangerous intensions became known, to where he was exiled to Britain. When he was twenty-two he organized what we now know as the Auch Meeting. The Meetings history is now Legend, as 57 of the most prominent and influential Royalists met in the city of Auch in Gascony, South-Western France. The meeting, which was held privately led to the beginnings of the formation of the Bourbon-Militias. The months following the meetings saw huge amounts of smuggled weapons and foreign volunteers to France.

It was a stroke of luck when Napoleon the Seconds Military Endeavors failed him and the Republican Rebels overthrew the Empire's forces throughout the Country. A counter Revolt was led by Henri and the other Royalists in the West, leading the Battle of Bordeaux and the Battle of Nantes. These battles, which were small but decisive led to the capture of all the West of France. The Royalists have reorganized into a true army, led by the Future King Henri and other individuals.
RP Example: I have six, three recent three old in my Signature.
DO NOT DELETE - 90351
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse