NATION

PASSWORD

What decides the rarity of a card?

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
NotAtlantis
Attaché

Founded: May 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

What decides the rarity of a card?

Postby NotAtlantis » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:00 am

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but what determines the rarity of a card? Is it random or has anyone found a theme that fits with each nation? Also what are all the rarity names? So far I've found common, uncommon, rare, ultra rare, and epic.

Risen Prussia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Risen Prussia » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:02 am

I think it’s mostly random, but there is a tier above epic called “legendary”

The legendary I found was an issues editor, so maybe only mods and issue editors are legendary...?
Last edited by Risen Prussia on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:03 am

There's one more, the rarest: Legendary.

As far as I can tell it's a bit of randomness, but with trophies seeming to weigh on it, and being an issue editor seeming to be a major boost towards rarity. I suspect, but do not know for sure, that things like being a WA member also add to a nation's rarity.

Bearstin
Envoy

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Bearstin » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:07 am

I think if you have medals or whatever they are that helps. I’m uncommon and I’m top 1% for black market and my regionmate has 3-4 golds and he’s an epic. I think population also helps as well as notoriety in the community
A PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES
This is Bearstin, remember to always tie your shoes backwards!

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." -Qui-Gon Jinn

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:09 am

Risen Prussia wrote:I think it’s mostly random, but there is a tier above epic called “legendary”

The legendary I found was an issues editor, so maybe only mods and issue editors are legendary...?

Gensec members, too, and some of the other prolific WA authors. Some others as well: Being the Founder or Delegate for a significant region seems to help a nation's rating, and maybe having a lot of other badges...

Bearstin wrote:I think if you have medals or whatever they are that helps. I’m uncommon and I’m top 1% for black market and my regionmate has 3-4 golds and he’s an epic. I think population also helps as well as notoriety in the community

It can't count notoriety as such, because we've been told by an Admin that ranking was set by an algorithm rather than manually...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Penguin Dictators
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 01, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Penguin Dictators » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:15 am

So far Legendary has been mods (retired or current), admin, and the like.

The rest I believe is based on a combination of year stats, as well as factors such as commendations/condemnations, whether you're a WA Delegate, whether you've authored any resolutions, as well as basically your overall stats such as your placing for the daily regional/NS-wide categories. The more you have in your favor (IE being an older nation with a bigger population and closer to #1 in those stats), the more rare to epic you are.
Last edited by Penguin Dictators on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotAtlantis
Attaché

Founded: May 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby NotAtlantis » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:38 am

Bearstin wrote:I think if you have medals or whatever they are that helps. I’m uncommon and I’m top 1% for black market and my regionmate has 3-4 golds and he’s an epic. I think population also helps as well as notoriety in the community

I don't think population has much of an effect on the rarity of a card. My card is rare and I have a population of 1.3 billion, but I have seen a nation with a population of 20 billion as a common card.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:55 am

NotAtlantis wrote:I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but what determines the rarity of a card? Is it random or has anyone found a theme that fits with each nation? Also what are all the rarity names? So far I've found common, uncommon, rare, ultra rare, and epic.

As far as I've understood, it's everything that makes your nation a bit more special. Population size, founding date, number of posts, WA status, WA resolution authoring, issues authoring, regional Delegacy, regional foundership, stats rankings (you know, those among top 1/5/10% badges), possibly number of endorsements.

Being a Moderator or GenSec member or Issues Editor makes your card a high rank (Legendary) automatically, but I've found Legendaries who aren't any of those. Haven't dug into the specifics of those accounts further to find what makes them so special.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Gasakstan
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 09, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Gasakstan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:02 am

Many things weigh in such as leaderboard rankings, delegate status, game mod, admin, issue editor. Of course things like age and endorsements count as they are leaderboard ranks

Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Riemstagrad » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:25 am

And, also important, the criteria that decide on rarity can change from season to season.

Twang6
Civilian

Founded: May 15, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Twang6 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:49 am

Araraukar wrote:
NotAtlantis wrote:I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but what determines the rarity of a card? Is it random or has anyone found a theme that fits with each nation? Also what are all the rarity names? So far I've found common, uncommon, rare, ultra rare, and epic.

As far as I've understood, it's everything that makes your nation a bit more special. Population size, founding date, number of posts, WA status, WA resolution authoring, issues authoring, regional Delegacy, regional foundership, stats rankings (you know, those among top 1/5/10% badges), possibly number of endorsements.

Being a Moderator or GenSec member or Issues Editor makes your card a high rank (Legendary) automatically, but I've found Legendaries who aren't any of those. Haven't dug into the specifics of those accounts further to find what makes them so special.

These "special" legendaries sometimes have very good stats, have a commend/condemnation, SC and GA resolutions, are secretariats, have many easter eggs, have authored many issues (etc.) It is usually a combination however, that helps them achieve legendary status.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards