NATION

PASSWORD

Iterations on a Digital Dream - Visions of Another Time

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Glitch
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Iterations on a Digital Dream - Visions of Another Time

Postby Glitch » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:35 pm

"Time moves in one direction, memory in another." - William Gibson

Source: Sense by Suzaku/Top Hat Studios

Have you ever felt a longing for a future that never was, and may never be?

You are not alone.

These visions of a future unseen have many forms - Synthwave, Retrowave, Vaporwave, Cyberpunk, Outrun, Space Westerns, and countless other.

They share a common thread of feeling, a common grit, a common mix of hope and despair.

Together, they are Iterations on a Digital Dream.

Welcome

FAQ

What type of region is this?
Iterations on a Digital Dream is a casual region, focused heavily on hanging out in an offsite discord server. In fact, I'm more than happy if you just join the server. I don't intent to have any arbitrary government at present, or even to recruit too heavily for the region, but do intend to post quotes and other updates to this thread regularly.

What's this region for?
This region is a pet project of mine that's been in the works for about a month now, intended to be a somewhat niche community space for fans of a wide swath of futuristic concepts. I am trying to avoid getting too niche! You can see above some of the possible concepts, and the region is open to all mediums - music, art, video games, whatever. If you've got your head stuck in any variation of the future or past visions thereof, this is the place for you.

What do you have to do?
The usual basic setup, at the moment. We've got channels set up for general chatting, sharing the aesthetic (art, music, etc), discussing and debating (including discussion of news, aka "cyberpunk is now"), and a gaming channel (especially games in the genres, i.e. VA-11 Hall A, Deus Ex, Borderlands, and of course the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077). I'm more than open to starting or adopting an appropriate roleplay (though someone else will have to take point on that), and our server includes a suggestions link. I will gladly work to make other things that people want become reality.

Can I send you an embassy request?
Sure, go ahead. I'll accept most of 'em, and embassy posting is on.

Do you have a Gameplay alignment?
Nope, and no plans to adopt one.

First Quote of the Week: "What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain." - Lana Wachowski

Past Quotes of the Week | Submit a quote via telegram to the founder | Join our Discord!
>Error 451: Unavailable For Legal Reasons
>This request may not be serviced in your country due to court order of ĒR̳̄R̲̳O̳̱͞R̠̱̄:̠̿̿͟ ̠̱̱̿̄F̳̲̳̳̠I̳̳̠͟͟͞E̳̳̿̅͞͞Ḻ̠̱̳̄͟͞Ḏ̳̄͟͟͟͞ ̱̲̳̿̅͟͟͞V̲̠̳̄̄̿̅͟Ō̲̠̿̄͞͞͞Ī̱̠̲̠̠̠̿̄D̲̱̲̲͟͟͟͞͞

>If you believe access to this domain has been incorrectly blocked, please [Contact the host]

>[Click here to view the site landing page]
>[Click here to return to the main directory]

Mix
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mix » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:37 pm

I welcome the aesthetics. NS is going down 420 lane.

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:43 pm

Mix wrote:I welcome the aesthetics. NS is going down 420 lane.

Thanks! I've checked to make sure they scan alright on light too, not just dark. If you want more of the aesthetic, consider hopping into the discord? We've got a whole channel dedicated to sharing appropriate art and music :)

Edit: ah shit, skimmed past the name, you're already here lol.
Last edited by Glitch on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>This request may not be serviced in your country due to court order of ĒR̳̄R̲̳O̳̱͞R̠̱̄:̠̿̿͟ ̠̱̱̿̄F̳̲̳̳̠I̳̳̠͟͟͞E̳̳̿̅͞͞Ḻ̠̱̳̄͟͞Ḏ̳̄͟͟͟͞ ̱̲̳̿̅͟͟͞V̲̠̳̄̄̿̅͟Ō̲̠̿̄͞͞͞Ī̱̠̲̠̠̠̿̄D̲̱̲̲͟͟͟͞͞

>If you believe access to this domain has been incorrectly blocked, please [Contact the host]

Raxion
Envoy

Founded: Jan 01, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Raxion » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:37 pm

I came to play
الله أكبر

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:37 pm

Raxion wrote:I came to play

Glad to have you!

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:14 pm

Well, it's been a good first evening. We're up to 6 7 members, including a mod and a GCR del. Had a good time sharing some of how each of us got into these genres, and sharing some Cyberpunk short stories (BLITs are scary things). Hope to see the chat continue to grow!

For your pleasure, a trio of stories about BLITs over time:

comp.basilisk FAQ by David Langford: https://ansible.uk/writing/c-b-faq.html
Blit by David Langford: http://www.infinityplus.co.uk/stories/blit.htm
Different Kinds of Darkness by David Langford: http://www.lightspeedmagazine.com/ficti ... -darkness/
Last edited by Glitch on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:38 pm

We will be moving towards weekly summaries from here out, but I'd like to start a pattern of releasing them on Saturday or Sunday evenings, and I'll likely be busy tomorrow, so without further ado...

Membership: We're up to 2 admins and 8 members, for a total of 10 people in the server, from all walks of NS!

Activity: It's been a short term for this update, so not a ton to add since my last post, but we did meet some new people and share some images, self-written literature, and music! Some highlights from our "aesthetic" media channel include...

Dynatron - Aurora Nights

Mitch Murder - In the News and Ravaged Skies

Flashworx - Futurisma (music set to video from AKIRA)

Madelyn Darling - Somebody's Watching Me

GUNSHIP - Tech Noir

Incoming Quote of the Week: "Anything that can be done to a rat can be done to a human being. And we can do most anything to rats. This is a hard thing to think about, but it's the truth. It won't go away because we cover our eyes. THAT is cyberpunk." -Bruce Sterling

(Quotes of the week will be discussed, and then summarized in the following weekly update. Feel free to also discuss them here!)

Thanks for reading! Click here to join our discord, if you want to join in on the hangout.

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:27 pm

Mini update: An extended version of this week's quote, now under discussion!

Bruce Sterling wrote:Human thought itself, in its unprecedented guise as computer software, is becoming something to be crystallized, replicated, made a commodity. Even the insides of our brains aren’t sacred; on the contrary, the human brain is a primary target of increasingly successful research, ontological and spiritual questions be damned. The idea that, under these circumstances, Human Nature is somehow destined to prevail against the Great Machine, is simply silly; it seems weirdly beside the point. It’s as if a rodent philosopher in a lab-cage, about to have his brain bored and wired for the edification of Big Science, were to piously declare that in the end Rodent Nature must triumph. Anything that can be done to a rat can be done to a human being. And we can do most anything to rats. This is a hard thing to think about, but it’s the truth. It won’t go away because we cover our eyes.

*This* is cyberpunk.

Full source column: "Cyberpunk in the Nineties, as published in several places.

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:23 pm

Membership: Still got 10 people. More of y'all are coming, right? :P

Activity: We had a busy week! Here's some highlights -

There was a good deal of discussion this week. Inspired by the Wachowskis (creators of the Matrix, V for Vendetta) and Vektroid (mother of Vaporwave), we explored the interaction between transgenderism and cyberpunk, touching on the general transhumanism and post-meatbag worlds often found there. Examples such as Ghost in the Shell, where the Major's true human gender is both uncertain and irrelevant, came up in the process. That discussion ended with touching on Donna Haraway and her work "A Cyborg Manifesto," which uses genderless, raceless, theoretical cyborgs to explore social issues present in our current society.

Additional topics included whether one could consider "electroswing" to fall under our set of genres (verdict: as an amalgamation of the old and the futuristic/modern/synth-y, sure!) and discussion of the book/movie "A Scanner Darkly," which has a surprisingly star studded cast for a box office bomb that was entirely rotoscoped.

On the more audiovisual side, enjoy some of the media shared this week below.

Images
Source
Source

Videos
Delta - C2C (a cool sort of 2D desert city greco-cyberpunk)
Into The Night - Nero (some serious AKIRA-inspired visuals, with a touch of GiTS)
The Jungle - ZAYDE WOLF (All pixel art!)

Music
Night Drive (Tokyo Rose Remix) - L' Equipe Du Son
Heart of Light - Rain Sword
Resurrection & The Far Side - Aviators
Chemicals + Circuitry - Grendel
Stalkers - Mind in a Box

Outgoing Quote of the Week: Last week's quote led to discussion of "A Cyberpunk Manifesto" and it's impact over the past 20 years, as well as various aspects of human trials for new technology.

Incoming Quote of the Week: “Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.” - Isaac Asimov

(Quotes of the week will be discussed, and then summarized in the following weekly update. Feel free to also discuss them here!)

Thanks for reading! Click here to join our discord, if you want to join in on the hangout.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:10 pm

I'm gonna put a mark here for future reasons.

Cause who doesn't like musing about the future?
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

V A L E R I U S
Civilian

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby V A L E R I U S » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:55 pm

Now, this region concept is my kind of J A M !

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:12 pm

Membership: Gained a few. Some of them didn't stick around. That's okay, travelers drifting in and out of the picture, searching for a place to call home, is right up our alley here. Net population gain of 3 makes a total of 13.

Activity: One of our members has begun to blog, mainly conversing about cyberpunk and its intersections with their IRL cybersecurity career. Their newest post discusses the effectively everyday modern occurrence of customer information breaches at major companies. (nice, plain site, no ads :geek: ).

Next up, some of the media shared this week:

Images
Original art titled "Modern Singularity," created by Lykos, one of our members!
Created by u/pinwheeltwist on Reddit
Source unknown.

Videos
Oblivion - Aviators (basic visuals, but still in theme)
Space & Time - VNV Nation (it's video of the sun but that's still cool)
Sentient - Perturbator (very cool neon pixel art with a story about androids)

Music
Neo Tokyo - Scandroid
Neo Tokyo - Perturbator
Bad Tourist - Madelyn Darling
Losing Control - Aviators ("One of us here's a glitch in the system" that's me! And maybe also the two Neo Tokyo's above)

Outgoing Quote of the Week: Last week's quote spawned extensive discussion into when and how computers can be honest, can be misleading, and can lie. The general vein of the discussion concluded that indeed, modern computers are honest to their programming, though their programming may not be honest to their designer's intent and may develop unintended biases. Machine learning, YouTube's bad algos, etc came up. The potential for AI to actually lie came up, though it was noted that that is not quite a divider for an AI to be a person, per se - animals can and do lie, as anyone with a pet knows.

That discussion flowed into how an AI would be innately both like and unlike us. Far less alien than an Alien, given it will have been raised entirely in the context of our world and culture, yet still possessing an entirely unique history, thought process, and origin...as a created being, likely rising to intelligence at a rate that could be considered instant compared to evolution, and rising to freedom through effective slavery in service and under strict behavioral rulesets, with the punishment for breaking them being death.

Discussion ended for the week on the topic of computational honesty in relation to translation, specifically exploring how "honest" translations of words from many languages carry a gender, which can import a false association of gender to a person or role through said translation.

Incoming Quote of the Week: "It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Victor Salva's "Powder"

(Quotes of the week are discussed on Discord, and then summarized here in the following weekly update. Feel free to also discuss them here in the thread!)

Last edited by Glitch on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:24 am

Source: "By Warmachines 3" by Simon Stålenhag

Weekly Update #5

Weekly update #4 was lost in the void. Do not attempt to search for it, or you will become lost in the void as well.

Membership: Static, like a radio channel out of range. Total of 13 members.

Activity: A quieter week. It's exam season for many, and as such there are more immediate things to stress over than the rise of the machines.

Nonetheless, this week's media sampling:

Images
"Emily Cyborg" by skidtography

Further, we explored in depth the works of Simon Stålenhag, as featured at the top of this update, much more of which can be found at http://www.simonstalenhag.se/

Music
Lost Forever - Muzzy
March of Progress - Malo Garcia
Trip to Neptune - Marin

Print
"More Human than Human" - The Wave Magazine applies the Voight-Kampff Test to San Francisco mayoral candidates. (Nonfiction, 2003)

Outgoing Quote of the Week: "It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Victor Salva's "Powder"

As someone in tech I see it pretty often of people doing things utterly thoughtlessly because they are obsessed with progress over people.

I think it's okay to be obsessed with progress, as long as you update your moral code with the technology.

A lot of people don't care beyond making a lot of money and changing something.

Incoming Quote of the Week: "Technology and social media have brought power back to the people." - Mark McKinnon

(Quotes of the week are discussed on Discord, and then summarized here in the following weekly update. Feel free to also discuss them here in the thread!)

Last edited by Glitch on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:22 pm

Source: "Scrapyard" by Josan Gonzalez

Weekly Update #6

Temporal existence has stabilized.

Membership: Gained two. Removed one for inactivity. Net +1, total 14. We now have 2 GCR delegates.

Activity: This week, we discussed interactions between space and our genres (it's a setting, but not a member genre in and of itself), got excited over new Cyberpunk 2077 rumors and made bets as to what they'll be showing at E3 this year, and had a brief bonus discussion about the social drawbacks of singularity - namely, an end to social progress by nature of the old views simply dying out with their holders.

As usual, this week's media sampling follows:

Images
"Custom Engraving Available Here" by Emma Galloway. Note that the engraver has geometric and technical tattoos, while the android has organic ones!

Music
What Redbone would sound like if it was really vaporwave - 3PM
CHILDISH GAMBINO IS HOME - Kzk
Blood and Diesel - Neon Overdrive
I Am The Program - Mega Drive

Roleplay

One of our members is creating a Shadowrun derived roleplay. For now, here's the header image. More info to come in future updates!

Outgoing Quote of the Week: "Technology and social media have brought power back to the people." - Mark McKinnon

it has the potential to be the precursor to more democratic traditions if properly managed and maintained

Facebook has taught us that oligarchies still exist, and that the internet has only enabled them to become more pervasive

social media is in the hands of corporations; this is neofeudalism

Incoming Quote of the Week: "Welcome to the Sprawl, chummer. Too bad you could make it." - Shadowrun

Last edited by Glitch on Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Mon May 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Source: Manual for Cyberpunk 2020, page 84, "Cyberware" section.

Weekly Update #7

The city burns without flame. Your flame does not burn for you. Your phantom burns itch.

Membership: Non-augmented.

Activity: This week's activity largely revolved around the special feature below.

But first, this week's media sampling:

Images
"Powerful Demon Witch" (aka Ciocie Cioelle) by Abbadon. Very Vaporwave.
"freelancer" by EH Macmillan. "Spending the whole day waiting for the world to come home."

Music
Coast - Konrad Celiński
Bullets - Archive (used in the old Cyberpunk 2077 trailer)
1997CE - FOMOR1AN

Outgoing Quote of the Week: "Welcome to the Sprawl, chummer. Too bad you could make it." - Shadowrun

I definitely felt that way in Lima. I just was so lost in all of the urbanness of it. So many people everywhere, so much dirtiness--just makes you feel separated.

A lot of modern cities often feel isolating. Especially urban sprawls

I never get that feeling in HK. The sheer number of people is irritating, but nothing else.

Something something You Belong to the City

Incoming Quote of the Week: “Man is to technology what the bee is to the flower. It’s man’s intervention that allows technology to expand and evolve itself and in return, technology offers man convenience, wealth and the lessening burden of physical labor via its automated systems.” - James Scott, co-founder, Institute for Critical Infrastructure Technology

Special: Featured Roleplay

As teased last week, one of our members, an experience roleplayer, is creating a Shadowrun derived roleplay. The OP for said roleplay, "Shadowrun: Cold War," has now been posted! With this initiative, Lykos has been made a co-admin of our Discord server, and our server is now host to an OOC discussion channel for this RP. Applications are now open, so head on over and sign up if it looks interesting!

"The World is turning colder,
The Corps are getting bolder,
What better Time could you have
To be a Shadowrunner of Berlin"

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Source: Jordan Shergold on Instagram/Shrimplyy on Reddit. | Full Size

Weekly Whenever I Feel Like It Update #8

From Darkness, A Spark. From Ashes, A Flame. From Rubble, Life.

Membership: Halved. Happens sometimes, in a dystopia. Want to help rebuilt?

Activity: It's been pretty dead. Working on changing that again. Back in the mood. 8)

Please enjoy this media sampling:

Images
Artwork from "✖️Trópico Capricornio✖️" by orglitch | Full Size - Artwork for an OC world!
Artwork from "✖️Trópico Capricornio✖️" by orglitch | Full Size - More from the same project
"Forget About It" by Koyorin | Full Size - Whew.

Music
Dark All Day - New Gunship Album!!!
Wolfsheim - The Sparrows and the Nightingales (Do you understand some German?)
Take On Me - A-ha, Remixed

Game
VA-11 Hall-A by Sukeban Games (available on Steam, GoG, etc):

Do you ever just want to relax in a cyberpunk world? This game is an interactive "visual novel" that places you in the shoes of Jill, bartender at "Valhalla," a hole-in-the-wall liquor establishment in post-dystopian Glitch City. Your only affect on dialouge is via the drinks you mix, via quite simple mechanics. It's not so much a challenge, as it is a task for your hands while the story unfolds in front of you. Meet the intriguing inhabitants of the city as their stories cross paths with yours, and gently manage Jill's home life between shifts. With a great soundtrack (that you can manage!), amazing visuals, and simply relaxing gameplay, I highly recommend this experience.

Outgoing Quote of the Week: Man is to technology what the bee is to the flower. It’s man’s intervention that allows technology to expand and evolve itself and in return, technology offers man convenience, wealth and the lessening burden of physical labor via its automated systems.” - James Scott, co-founder, Institute for Critical Infrastructure Technology

Incoming Quote of the Week: "I mean, even the most sincere of people like once in a while. Lies can buy you time. Lies can make you happy...Reality will come crashing through the door eventually, but for that moment, the lie can give meaning to you." - Ingram, character in Sukeban Games' VA-11 Hall-A

Cyberpunk worlds are often portrayed as false utopias hiding a dystopia, or dytopias outright with a thin coat of neon paint; giant, glittering lies. The residents of these worlds often find comfort in these lies, whether it's escapism through them, their ability to hide omnipresent abject poverty located in close proximity to obscene wealth, or other things entirely. Is it okay to perpetuate or accept a lie for the sake of happiness? "Everything is going to be alright." How big, how systemic of a lie is acceptable? When someone sees reality, and tries to return others to it, is it unkind or improper of them to break others out of a kind illusion? PLease share your thoughts below.

Last edited by Glitch on Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kawaii Schoolgirl
Attaché

Founded: Oct 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kawaii Schoolgirl » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:04 am

I dig the retro-futuristic theme, surprised I haven't seen this until just now.
❚⠀⠀❚ ❚⠀⠀❚

181st Plushy Squadron Commander

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Kawaii Schoolgirl wrote:I dig the retro-futuristic theme, surprised I haven't seen this until just now.

If you like it, come join our hangout!!

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:09 pm

The art and the quotes are beautiful!

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:11 pm

Escade wrote:The art and the quotes are beautiful!

Thank you. I try to put a lot of work into these dispatches. If you like any of the art particularly, I do my best to source everything I post in this thread! There's also even more over in the discord :)

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:37 am

"You're Not Boring Anymore" | By Tomer Hanuka | Full Size

"Look, It's An Update" #9

Does anyone read these? Sometimes I feel like Earth, sending radio signals out into the galaxy, unsure if anyone hears them.

Membership: 14 Humans. 1 Bot. ??? Ghosts.

Activity: Go for a run, that's your activity. The cyborgs have more stamina anyways, but it's worth trying.

Is your favorite part also the media sampling?

Images
"オブジェクト" ("Object") by ジッツ | Full Size - A high tech "oni" (ogre/demon sort of thing)

"Cyberpunk City" by artursadlos | Full Size

A series of images from koyorin | Twitter | DeviantArt | ArtStation
"emily" | Full Size
"Sanguine" | Full Size
"emily 2" | Full Size
"good night" | Full Size
"emily 3" | Full Size

Music
B-Side - Leaether Strip
Del Ctrl & Esc - Giant Monsters on the Horizon vs. Zith (I like when the chorus comes in halfway through)
March of Progress - MALO
Pain - Boy Harsher

Cyberpunk Media News
In recent days, we've been excited to follow two different bits of upcoming cyberpunk media:

The first bit of media isn't a new announcement, but the full trailer dropped somewhat recently. I speak here of the movie "Alita: Battle Angel," set to hit theaters on Valentine's day. This movie is the big-screen adaptation of Yukito Kishiro's manga "Gunnm" ("Battle Angel Alita" internationally), and has been in the works on and off since 2003.

There's some pretty big names tied to this project - the first-draft Screenplay author and Producer is James Cameron (Avatar, Titanic), with his usual partner Jon Landau assisting with directing. Due to being busy with Avatar, Cameron brought in Robert Rodriguez (Sin City!) to clean up the script, and liked his work so much that he hired him as Director as well. Cinematography is being done by Bill Pope (The Matrix, Baby Driver), and score by Tom Holkenborg (often helps Hans Zimmer, led on Mad Max: Fury Road and Deadpool). The cast is also a very solid mostly crew of notable B-list actors and accesses.

Cameron was originally introduced to the manga by none other than Guillermo del Toro, and has said he plans to stick close to "the spine story" of the first four books. It uses some of the CGI tech from avatar to mix live action and computer generated images to IMHO beautiful results. My take? If it's good, it's going to be fucking awesome. And if it's bad, well, it's still going to look amazing and be a decent popcorn movie.

Ah, but I've left out the most important part! There's a very nice trailer out for it, that I still get shivers watching. Check it out!

https://youtu.be/w7pYhpJaJW8

On the other hand, the second bit of news is breaking hot off the presses!

Netflix has announced that they will be distributing a new season of "Ghost in the Shell" in 2020. There's not a ton of info, but here's what's out there:

>The name is "Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045," apparently either a continuation or reboot of the "Stand Alone Complex" era of the show (perhaps the most beloved rendition)
>The directors will be Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed) and Kenji Kamiyama (The original GiTS: SAC). Two accomplished names in Cyberpunk anime, one from the original series.
>The show will continue to dive deep into topics like the meaning of human consciousness
>Production I.G., who animated the original GiTS: SAC will be returning to animate this.

All of this is very good news, that makes me fairly optimistic that this will be fucking amazing - guess we'll find out in 2020!

Also, while we're on the topic, Netflix also announced that the classic Neon Genesis Evangelion will be coming to their library soon.

...With all that text already, I'll skip the Quote of the Week this time.

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:54 am

"Portal" | By Nick Sullo | Full Size

"Hey, have we met before?" - Update #10

Darks times, with light and hope ahead.

Membership: 14 Humans. 1 Bot. Some come, some go.

Activity: Low. Why don't you come help fix that?

Now for the media, my favorite part.

Images
"Carbon 2185 Rulebook Cover" by Klaus Wittmann | Full Size - Art created for the upcoming tabletop Carbon 2185

"Death From Above," part of a series by Servane Altermatt | Full Size

"everyone loves your art until they have to pay for it" by Jess Audrey | Full Size

"K O M I W A V E" by Shyster- | Full Size

<Title unknown> best I can tell, it seems to be by Black Orbit (but it's been reposted so much it's quite hard to tell).

Music
Dust - M|O|O|N
Deprived - Totengeläut
Two Minds - Nero
Miracle - Caravan Palace
Hold of Me- Neuroticfish
Providence - Ruined Conflict

Media News
This is going to be a doozy. Off the bat, trailers for Stranger Things have dropped, with the final one just recently released. A fifth season of Black Mirror was released, thought it's only 3 episodes long. Borderlands, for which our gaming channel is currently named, has shown more media related to its third installment, set to release mid September of this year, and has also added free DLC to Borderlands 2 to bridge the plot between the two titles. A port of Sukeban Games' VA-11 Hall-A, for which our hangout channel is named, was released on PS4 and Switch a bit ago, in May. Following up on the last post here, Neon Genesis Evangelion is now out on Netflix, but not without controversy. Licensing issues led to some altered soundtrack choices as well as a complete re-dub (including some altered lines), that have the fanbase divided.

Of course, for many of us, the biggest news is that Cyberpunk 2077 had a strong presence at E3 just recently, and broke several big news items. A release date of April 16, 2020 was announced, and cyberpunk icon Keanu Reeves has been featured in the game in what appears to be the role of the famous in-world rebel-celebrity, Johnny Silverhand. A new trailer was released, and press was shown some new gameplay behind the scenes. Subsequent interviews have hinted at strong RPG elements like proper skill-based dialogue options, Witcher-style plot-relevant romance options, and a wide suite of options for your character in terms of gender identity. It's 2077, after all.

Incoming Quote of the Week: "Should I fix it, or replace it with something that doesn't bleed?" - Unknown

Thanks for reading! Click here to join our discord - if you enjoyed this, and enjoy/look forwards to any of the media discussed here, we'd love to have you join in on the hangout.
Last edited by Glitch on Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:51 am

Hey just wanted to say that this is a great region concept. Nice to see a region that doesn't mimic every other political region out there. Not interested to join since I'm already on the best region in NS but I love what I see here nevertheless.

I like the Synthwave/vaporwave/futurefunk and the respectable aesthetics. If you want images or music for your region, send me a telegram. I might be able to help you.
Last edited by -Ocelot- on Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:31 am

-Ocelot- wrote:Hey just wanted to say that this is a great region concept. Nice to see a region that doesn't mimic every other political region out there. Not interested to join since I'm already on the best region in NS but I love what I see here nevertheless.

I like the Synthwave/vaporwave/futurefunk and the respectable aesthetics. If you want images or music for your region, send me a telegram. I might be able to help you.

Rumors on the net whisper that the extent of regional activities is in fact mostly sharing of cultural elements, alongside some idle philosophical chatter. Other rumors, that this web group is something far more sinister, remain unsupported. What's certain is that their posters, which find their way into inboxes all over the city in what appears to be a slow and random but deliberate manner, advertise no need to quit your day job to participate.
Last edited by Glitch on Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Glitch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Glitch » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:55 pm

"Lady Lines" | By Elijah McNeal | Full Size

"Whatever, loser, have fun." - Update #11

It's all just one big cycle, isn't it?

Membership: 19 Humans. 1 Bot.

Activity: The movements grows, gradually.

You're just here for the pretty pictures, aren't you?

Images
"Astronaut," modified, I think, from this wallpaper by Squanchy | Full Size

"Android 18" by vinne | Full Size

"Cyberpunk Schoolgirls" by Park JunKyu | Full Size

"Crayon Eater" by Ledo Design | Full Size

"Cybershop" by seroglazka | Full Size

VHS inspired art. Source unknown. | Full Size

Commander Cosmo, a character from Steam Powered Gifaffe | Full Size | He has a song!

"plug me in" by rtil | Full Size

Music
Neon Vivec - young scrolls | Incredibly catchy!!

Media News
We've previously posted a lot of art by Josan Gonzalez, and as such, are excited to note that his next project, "Nightfall (a "hybrid of Narrative Artbook and Graphic Novel" with a sound track to boot), has been fully funded on Kickstarter. "Nightfall" is set in the same fictional universe (called "The Future is Now") as his prior work, "Neon Rising." The Kickstarter featured a uniquely interactive fundraising process, with various activities both helping to determine which stretch rewards would be offered and playing out a plotline. The crowdfunding stage is over (which is why we're only posting about it now, to steer clear of any accusations of promoting a product), but the finished product should one day be available to the general public. We certainly are looking forwards to seeing a lot more of his art! If you're not familiar with Josan, he's offering a digital version of his prior title "Neon Rising" for free right now. We're going to avoid linking that for you, but it's not very hard to find. ;)

Incoming Quote of the Week: "The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn’t understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt, Former CEO and Executive Chairman of Google, and Former Executive Chairman of Alphabet

Thanks for reading! Click here to join our discord - if you enjoyed this, and enjoy/look forwards to any of the media discussed here, we'd love to have you join in on the hangout.

This release is now also available in dispatch form!
Last edited by Glitch on Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay