NATION

PASSWORD

[Joke DRAFT] Civil Rights Activists Demand Less Restrictions

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
He Qixin 2
Envoy

Founded: Nov 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

[Joke DRAFT] Civil Rights Activists Demand Less Restrictions

Postby He Qixin 2 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:04 pm

The structure is inspired by @@MAJORINDUSTRY@@ Workers Strike!.

Title: Civil Rights Activists Demand Less Restrictions

Description: A bunch of protestors gathered outside the gate of your office protesting about the government restricting their rights, and security officers struggled to calm down the crowd of protestors, with security officers who even died because of it. Some relatively new protestors who saw this chaos also later realized the high social conservatism in @@NAME@@, and demanded action to loosen up the restrictions too.

Issue Eligibility: (this should be pretty obvious, right?)

Option 1: "We want more rights!" shouts @@RANDOMNAME@@, one of the relatively new protestors. "For a long time we've been restricted in doing whatever we want, in whatever aspect of life, be it framed for the smallest crimes, be it become slaves and get tortured by our masters, be it restricting freedom of speech, and so on. We therefore demand more rights, and NOW! Ugh, don't push me!"

Fallout 1: the nation is ravaged by daily civil rights riots

Option 2: "I'm sorry, but we can't allow this," valiantly argues @@RANDOMNAME@@, a former military government representative. "The restriction of rights is for your own good. Hear that, FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! Plus, we already gave our citizens a generous amount of civil rights. If we gave you more, who knows, our society might break down! So stop asking for more civil rights!"

Fallout 2: civil rights activists are regularly gunned down by government officials

EDIT LOG:
Edits 1-2: Modified description and option 1 slightly.
Edits 3-4: Modified description and option 1 slightly. (again)
Edit 5: Uncapped 'BREAK DOWN' in option 2.
Edit 6: Changed 'calmly' in option 2 to 'valiantly'.
Last edited by He Qixin 2 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"TNP is the best of the best! Or should I say, elite!" -jacknjellify

OOC: I just love puns so much.

Pun Of The Day: Iceland is such an ICE-olated isLAND!

Pun Counter: 22

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:13 pm

It's so horribly vague, it's beautiful. :')

Edit: Note, this is actually better than some first drafts I've seen, and I've only been here for 9 months.
Last edited by Jutsa on Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

He Qixin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby He Qixin » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:11 pm

Thanks! Anymore feedback anyone?
Last edited by He Qixin on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacknjellify wrote:Watch Battle For Dream Island or be eliminated.

According to this index, this civilization is:
Tier: 8
Level: 5
Type: 6
A 9 civilization because I lean more towards it.

This nation is always used to post in the forums unless the forum is the WA, for which I use Triangle and Square, a WA member, to post.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:30 am

This is so vague that absurdity really made me chuckle. Good job!
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

He Qixin 2
Envoy

Founded: Nov 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby He Qixin 2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:56 pm

Thanks!
"TNP is the best of the best! Or should I say, elite!" -jacknjellify

OOC: I just love puns so much.

Pun Of The Day: Iceland is such an ICE-olated isLAND!

Pun Counter: 22

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 am

In contrast, for me, this issue is so vague that it's entirely pointless and unusable.

Suppose that's the joke. Weird to ask for feedback on a joke draft though.
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Bolkenia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolkenia » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:07 am

There is an issue which is EXACLY the same. Riots, military, you named it. What's the point ?
At first, I was aiming for an utopia. Now, it's a reason to write bad-lore, upload pics on Imgur and explain how I became a spy for the USSR.

He Qixin 8
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby He Qixin 8 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:27 am

Bolkenia wrote:There is an issue which is EXACLY the same. Riots, military, you named it. What's the point ?

for fun!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?