NATION

PASSWORD

Remove Freedom to Strike from Wealth Gaps

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Remove Freedom to Strike from Wealth Gaps

Postby Leutria » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:30 pm

If I understand correctly, wealth gaps is largely determined by economic freedoms, with higher economic freedom resulting in higher wealth gaps. However, the freedom to strike is currently a part of economic freedoms, meaning issue 16.2 can sometime result in wealth gaps decreasing, despite the fact you are allowing employers to fire striking employees on the spot.

It occurs to me that this might be possible, as it seems very similar to Beta [007], just dealing with striking and wealth gaps/income equality instead.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:01 pm

I think this is more an symptom of the way the system correlates economic freedom with wealth gaps, when that's not really justified, rather then a problem with any specific aspect of that correlation.
Last edited by Aclion on Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:44 am

This is something that I've proposed separately backstage, and which the tech team are hopefully aware of. We're using gamespeak back there to discuss it, and there's probably not much to be gained by having this thread in parallel.

Hopefully there'll be a beta sooner or later, and that'll open things up for public discussion.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:47 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:This is something that I've proposed separately backstage, and which the tech team are hopefully aware of. We're using gamespeak back there to discuss it, and there's probably not much to be gained by having this thread in parallel.

Hopefully there'll be a beta sooner or later, and that'll open things up for public discussion.

Awesome, just wanted to mention it in case it was not something being looked at :)

Return to Technical