NATION

PASSWORD

Bojutsu Conflict [Closed — Meridia]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Hylia Magna
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Bojutsu Conflict [Closed — Meridia]

Postby Hylia Magna » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:01 pm

Court of the Hairaru clan
12th of First Seed, Year of the Yang Earth Dog

"To the most highly esteemed Hairaru clan," Daphnes read from the letter aloud, seated upon the floor at the head of the low table, flanked on either side by other prominent members of the clan. "The Sōma clan sends its greetings and well wishes."

The members of the clan looked up at the Sōma envoy, still upon his knee and head bowed before King Daphnes, and then back to the King, who was poring over the letter, skipping the sycophant rambling that made up the meat of the document.

"It is our humblest wish to invite a representative of the Hairaru to an ichikozu-dachi no shingi1 to discuss a matter of utmost importance, with the previously granted grace," Daphnes nodded at the envoy, who did not see, for his head was still bowed, "of the King of Hyrule."

A man leant forward from his seated position. "Utmost importance?" The man stroked his chin with his thumb and forefinger as he spoke. "Pardon my ignorance in this matter, heika2, but what is it that you have already granted your graces without consulting the clan?"

"In due time, Jōji-kun."

"Heika, if I may—"

Daphnes raised his hand to silence Jōji. "In time." Jōji opened his mouth to protest, but he thought better of it, and leant back into his seated position. Daphnes turned his eyes to the envoy of the Sōma, who knelt with his head still bowed. "You may rise, messenger."

The envoy stood up straight, assuming a position of attention and a thousand-yard stare to the wall opposite Daphnes. The King folded the letter in his hands and placed it on the floor in front of himself. "Relay this message back to your Lord: we warmly receive his invitation, and shall appoint a representative to join his court for the shingi with appropriate haste." He paused. The messenger waited faithfully, unflinchingly, for any following words, as the King had not yet dismissed him.

"Messenger, you may take your leave," commanded the King, in a soft yet stern voice.

"Yes, my Lord," said the messenger, bowing at the midsection before turning on his heels and exiting the room with haste.

The members of the clan sat silently, eyes fixated upon the King, who with slow and deliberate movements lifted the small teacup from the low table before him, closed his eyes, and drew a sip.

"With every due courtesy, heika," Jōji spoke once again, holding out a palm, "it is still a matter of discussion for the clan when such a shingi is approved."

Daphnes opened his eyes and fixed his gaze on Jōji without turning his head. The other clan leaders shifted uneasily where they sat, backing from the table to distance themselves from the beam of the King's gaze.

"Jōji-san," said Daphnes, slightly less familiar with him this time. "I am familiar with the procedures that we traditionally follow. However, you know as well as I that such procedures are discretionary."

"Discretionary, yes, but, ah—" stammered Jōji, flustered. "It is a courtesy to the toshiyori no gikai3—"

Daphnes held up his hand once more, and Jōji went silent once again. "Jōji-san," Daphnes said commandingly. "Let it be."

"Yes, heiko," replied Jōji, bowing his head. "My sincerest apologies."

1. Ichikozu-dachi no shingi — "Deliberation of the Clans"
  2. Heika — "Your Majesty"
  3. Toshiyori no gikai — "Clan leadership; council of elders"
Last edited by Hylia Magna on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hylia Magna
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hylia Magna » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:13 am

Court of the Yoshiyuki Clan
13th of First Seed

"The time has come, musume-san1, to prove what you have learned," said the old man to his daughter who knelt before him. "The Yoshiyuki clan depends on your judgement and deliberate manner in the coming shingi. Do you understand your role?"

"Yes, father," replied the woman, head bowed.

"You will report back everything you hear, but I will leave the decision of how to cast the vote of the Yoshiyuki in your hands."

"I will not abuse this privilege," she replied.

"Very good," said the old man, placing his hands on his daughter's shoulders. "Rise up."

The young woman stood. She was tall and stern-faced like her father — a strong and commanding presence. She took a stance with her feet approximately shoulder width, back straight, with her hands clasped behind her back and her chin out.

"Know that, whatever you decide, the Matsui and Hateno clans will support our vote. You may consult with the delegate of the Ishida as well, as they are friends of ours," her father explained. "Beware the delegates of Hairaru and Mori, and do not permit them — especially not the Hairaru — to sway you."

"I will stand steadfast, father," she replied.

The man smiled and nodded approvingly. "You are ready for this, musume-san," he said, mirroring her stance. "Leave by morning and do not disappoint us."

1. Musume-san — "My daughter"

Hylia Magna
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hylia Magna » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:34 pm

Court of the Mori Clan
15th of First Seed

The visitor had been an unexpected surprise — few foreigners came calling at the court of the Mori, but here was one, and an affluent one at that.

They looked the visitor up and down, taking in the details of their attire, symbols of this dignitary's wealth and power, despite that they were not a minister or government official of any kind.

The visitor bowed low before the head of the clan, Mori Miyami, who was seated cross-legged upon a cushion upon the floor of the dimly lit room. The clan matriarch looked sternly upon the prostrate visitor, and began to speak.

"Be welcome, esteemed guest," she said, with slow and deliberate pronunciation in the language of the Taledonians. "Forgive me my accent, for my mastery of your language is not as sharp as I would like it to be. My name is Mori Miyami, and I am the leader of this clan. You therefore have me at a disadvantage — who, might I ask, comes calling at our court?"

Taledonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:19 am

Stephen Taylor was tall. Too tall, some would say, particularly as he had never filled out as a boy, and had remained quite thin well into his early thirties. His face was sharp, with high cheekbones and an aquiline nose, while unnaturally pale blue eyes were at complete odds with the jet black of his hair that was pomaded into a lustrous comb-over. He had just shaved that morning in preparation for this audience, and his servant had laid out his number one clothing: white silk stockings, grey breeches, buckled shoes polished to such a degree that every bit of light in the room was dancing in the burnished gold, and a freshly brushed coat of navy blue that overlaid a pure-white cotton shirt with a blue neckcloth tied in a neat bow at his chin.

Having shown his leg in a most extravagant bow, Stephen now rose as he was greeted by the Clan elder, and assuming an erect stance, one hand behind his back and one held out before him with an open palm, his pure baritone spoke of the dignity and noble bearing that was his custom. "There is nothing to forgive, I am sure, and if I may present myself as Stephen Pendleton Taylor, I would humbly place myself at your service, my lady. It is with the greatest of pleasure and unrivaled gratitude that you I have the honour of addressing you, and if I may be so bold as to present you with a small token of my esteem?"

The last word trailed off into a bit of a question, but as Stephen's servant, a surely-looking man whom time had not been kind to, and whose perpetual grimace and poor posture was at extreme odds with the fine suit of grey he had dressed himself in for the occasion, powdered wig and all, came forwards with a wicker basket, it was clear that the question was merely ceremonial. The servant placed the basket on the floor a respectful distance away from the Mori Clan, removed the lid, and removed an object wrapped in many layers of wool. As he unwound the wrapping, the object was revealed to be an exquisitely made chalice of gold, inlaid with silver and copper bands that flowed around the goblet creating dueling wyverns; one with rubies for eyes, and the other with emeralds, and whose flung fire was represented with shining bronze.

"My finest goldsmiths crafted this piece, and all the precious metal and stones comes from my own mines. It is the finest piece I can offer, and in time, I hope we may toast to a long and exceptional friendship."

Hylia Magna
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hylia Magna » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:55 pm

There was a chattering among the clan elders of the Mori, and though it was quickly quelled when Mori Miyami raised her hand to silence it, the gift had made a noticeable impression on the Mori.

"Once again you have us at a disadvantage, Lord Taylor — for we have little to offer in the way of reciprocal gifts or trinkets. We do however welcome you into our fold most graciously."

There was a chatter among some of the other nobles of the Mori. "Wareware wa anohito o shinrai dekimasu, soregashi wa tashika de wa arimasen,"1 said one of the clan nobles.

Mori Miyami raised her hand again, and eyed the man down, saying, "Ware ga ware no meiyo wa kakemasu. Kikan wa ware ni ukagaimasu no de, kikan no meiyo wa kakerareru ka?"2

The noble who had spoken went pale and retreated into a slouch, saying, "Makoto ni moshiwake gozaimasen."3

Mori Miyami turned her attention back to the visitor, and continued, "I apologise for that interruption. You are welcome to partake as our guest in all things here."

1. "I am not sure that we can put our trust in this person."
  2. "I am willing to risk my honour on it. Since you question me, are you willing to gamble with yours?"
  3. "My sincerest apologies."

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:19 pm

The naga lady Nyai Nagini informed the leader of the Date clan of the arrival of her emmisary via a chain of messages from spies. Though she had no other motive than to establish relations, she has always been very careful with information and seems to always have the upper hand thanks to her intel.

The emissary, a purple-scaled naga stepped, or rather, slithered in the room where the leader was. She bowed to the one before her, introducing herself. "Greetings, I am Laila of Cioray, a kingdom from Dwipantara. I trust Lady Nagini had told you about me?"
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Hylia Magna
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hylia Magna » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:52 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:The naga lady Nyai Nagini informed the leader of the Date clan of the arrival of her emmisary via a chain of messages from spies. Though she had no other motive than to establish relations, she has always been very careful with information and seems to always have the upper hand thanks to her intel.

The emissary, a purple-scaled naga stepped, or rather, slithered in the room where the leader was. She bowed to the one before her, introducing herself. "Greetings, I am Laila of Cioray, a kingdom from Dwipantara. I trust Lady Nagini had told you about me?"

"Ah, yes," said Date Asuma, the Clan Patriarch, nodding with slow deliberation. "We were somewhat surprised to hear of the Lady Nagini's emissary, but we welcome you nonetheless. I would ask of her, but I understand her concerns of secrecy and therefore will not."

He motioned for the naga emissary to rise, and continued, "It is not made clear to me whether your employer is aware of our upcoming ichikozu-dachi no shingi — as such an event would warrant the reaching out to such friends as we might find in Dwipantara to inform them of any..." he trailed off slightly, looking off to the side as he stroked his chin, looking for the right words. "Changes to our diplomatic policies. We would encourage you to attend such a meeting. It is only fitting that your employer's interests be represented at our delegation, if you should so see fit." Date Asuma placed his hands upon his knees in his seated position, leant forward, and added, "but in any case, welcome! I encourage you, noble acquaintance, to make yourself rather at home here in our court and our lands. Accommodations will be made to suit you, as you see fit."

Taisa Yoshiyuki Matsuhine
Western Necluda
18th of First Seed

Yoshiyuki Matsuhine rode with the wind, an entourage of armed guards riding with her. She had made her promise to her father that her constitution would be unfaltering in this ichikozu-dachi no shingi, and she intended to make good on that promise, and would certainly not be manipulated or humiliated by the Hairaru — those sympathisers with the young clans, those modernists!

The toshiyori no gikai had objected somewhat to her representing the Yoshiyuki at the shingi, they were however easily quelled with the promises of her father out of loyalty to him. She would make them see her worth both as the heir to the Yoshiyuki clan leadership and on her individual merit.

They had always objected. Likely they always would. They saw her as more of a pampered princess than for what she really was. Her work was discredited for her station — but it was on her own merit that she attained the rank of Taisa to be recognised not only by her own clan's forces, but by the Royal Army.

She would show them.

The Spring was coming, and though the snow was in retreat, the air was still bitter, as evidenced by the hot breath steaming from her horse's nostrils with every stride.

She thought of an old song her mother used to sing.

"Sono jijitsu no tame ni
Kotoshi no natsu ga kuru no de,
O ro ro, okaerinasai...
"

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:33 pm

Stephen smiled in his soul while his face retained a stoic calm. Not only had his gift been well received, but they had called him a lord. In Taledonia he could be charged for claiming nobility, but here, far from the rigidness of his own society, why correct them? Besides, Lord Taylor had a nice ring to it, and who knew what the limits of wealth were to become. At the very least, a cash strapped noble whom had begotten only daughters was not out of the question. Yes, he decided, let us not correct them.

"I apologise for that interruption," said the Mori elder, "You are welcome to partake as our guest in all things here."

"Never in life, I assure you," he brushed off the apologies, "I'm sure your councilors were suggesting sound advice. I am humbled and most grateful for your hospitality, my lady, and I hope to prove neither a burden nor overstay my welcome."

Stephen dropped his eyes momentarily, picking the right words to start in again on something that would perhaps be awkward, depending on how this foreign culture saw it. "If it would ease your conscious, and put you at less of a disadvantage, might I be so bold as to make two requests? The first would be to ask your permission to survey your demesne, for you see, as a member of the Royal Society(that is, the premiere academic institution of my nation) I would be doing an immense service to my fellows in recording the wonders of this part of the world. In particular the fauna, as I myself have a great interest in ornithology.

"The second request, and please stop me if I go too far or am too bold, but there has been gossip in the local markets. They speak of an important gathering, a...ichy-co-zoo da-she no shiney, though I must admit that my knowledge of your tongue is quite less than your mastery of mine. Such a meeting, as I have come to understand it, would be an invaluable opportunity; not just as an observer, but if the protocol and tradition allows, then perhaps as a petitioner to secure warmer relations between our two peoples. But of course, I submit myself to your wise judgement, and will abandon such desires if they are distasteful."

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:20 pm

Hylia Magna wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:The naga lady Nyai Nagini informed the leader of the Date clan of the arrival of her emmisary via a chain of messages from spies. Though she had no other motive than to establish relations, she has always been very careful with information and seems to always have the upper hand thanks to her intel.

"Ah, yes," said Date Asuma, the Clan Patriarch, nodding with slow deliberation. "We were somewhat surprised to hear of the Lady Nagini's emissary, but we welcome you nonetheless. I would ask of her, but I understand her concerns of secrecy and therefore will not."

He motioned for the naga emissary to rise, and continued, "It is not made clear to me whether your employer is aware of our upcoming ichikozu-dachi no shingi — as such an event would warrant the reaching out to such friends as we might find in Dwipantara to inform them of any..." he trailed off slightly, looking off to the side as he stroked his chin, looking for the right words. "Changes to our diplomatic policies. We would encourage you to attend such a meeting. It is only fitting that your employer's interests be represented at our delegation, if you should so see fit." Date Asuma placed his hands upon his knees in his seated position, leant forward, and added, "but in any case, welcome! I encourage you, noble acquaintance, to make yourself rather at home here in our court and our lands. Accommodations will be made to suit you, as you see fit."

Taisa Yoshiyuki Matsuhine
Western Necluda
18th of First Seed

Yoshiyuki Matsuhine rode with the wind, an entourage of armed guards riding with her. She had made her promise to her father that her constitution would be unfaltering in this ichikozu-dachi no shingi, and she intended to make good on that promise, and would certainly not be manipulated or humiliated by the Hairaru — those sympathisers with the young clans, those modernists!

The toshiyori no gikai had objected somewhat to her representing the Yoshiyuki at the shingi, they were however easily quelled with the promises of her father out of loyalty to him. She would make them see her worth both as the heir to the Yoshiyuki clan leadership and on her individual merit.

They had always objected. Likely they always would. They saw her as more of a pampered princess than for what she really was. Her work was discredited for her station — but it was on her own merit that she attained the rank of Taisa to be recognised not only by her own clan's forces, but by the Royal Army.

She would show them.

The Spring was coming, and though the snow was in retreat, the air was still bitter, as evidenced by the hot breath steaming from her horse's nostrils with every stride.

She thought of an old song her mother used to sing.

"Sono jijitsu no tame ni
Kotoshi no natsu ga kuru no de,
O ro ro, okaerinasai...
"

"Such an event would be excellent for establishing better relations between our two nations. I humbly thank you for your invitation. Lady Nagini and the queendom of Cioray would like you to receive this gift." The purple naga produced a box, which she opened to reveal a pearl necklace inside. Its white surface spotless and shiny, an exquisite product of Dwipantatan waters.
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Hylia Magna
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hylia Magna » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:09 pm

Taledonia wrote:-snip-

"Very forward with your intentions," replied Mori Miyami. "As to the survey, I can permit that without any hesitation. As for your presence at the shingi, I must warn you of the stringency of protocol and etiquette in such a meeting. You are welcome to attend," she continued, "but you will be extensively briefed as per how to act in the presence of the delegates. The Mori value their reputation among their peers."

A m e n r i a wrote:"Such an event would be excellent for establishing better relations between our two nations. I humbly thank you for your invitation. Lady Nagini and the queendom of Cioray would like you to receive this gift." The purple naga produced a box, which she opened to reveal a pearl necklace inside. Its white surface spotless and shiny, an exquisite product of Dwipantatan waters.

"This is a most humbling offering," replied the clan patriarch. "And most fitting, as we are a people who look in awe to such wonders of the natural world. You and your master have my sincerest thanks."

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:28 pm

"Then you, great lord, would love seeing the wonderful nature of my people's lands and seas. That being said, I am also interested in learning about your land. Please, may I study what God has given to your soil?"

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:31 am

With a slight nod of agreement, Stephen spread his hands in a conciliatory manner. "Forgive me my manners, my lady. Where I am from, we speak plainly, one person to another. I am most satisfied that you have granted me the right to survey, and I believe I can speak for my fellows of the Society when I express unending gratitude and thanks to you. As for my attendance at your most important and hallowed council, I will of course submit myself to your judgement and tutoring. Reputation is equally important to we Taledonians, and I wouldn't dream of impugning the honour of Clan Mori."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents