NATION

PASSWORD

BVC | 3rd Mehlodhivestoile 2018 | Britonish National Final

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

BVC | 3rd Mehlodhivestoile 2018 | Britonish National Final

Postby Britonisea » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:24 pm

WE ARE INTERNATIONAL
OOC Thread
Semi Final 1 - Semi Final 2 - Semi Final 3 - Grand Final

Welcome to Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018, the third instalment of one of the biggest WorldVision and World Hit Festival National Finals. On this page, you will be able to find all of the IC content of each of the shows, including the results of them. You can also vote - regardless of whether you participate in WorlVision, World Hit or neither. News regarding the contest will be placed here to avoid cluttering. We would love if you joined us in Ghiez, Alshkan, Tonesk, Zelmerlow and Luton - the five cities that have been chosen to host Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018.

Vha Mehlodhivestoile, or The Star Song is back in 2018 after two successful editions of the contest. Vha Mehlodhivestoile has so far contributed to a win for WorldVision Song Contest (47), and a win for World Hit Festival (37) but a World Hit Festival second place (34). We are hoping to keep that tradition of Vha Mehlodhivestoile songs doing well in the grander contests. Mehkl Maddox-Ajax won Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2017 with a total of 89 points, which saw him represent Britonisea at the WorldVision Song Contest (55), with him eventually coming 9th. Similarly to last year, there has been changes to the format - with this year's theme being a contest similar to the 2016 edition of Vha Mehlodhivestoile.

The Format
It is quite similar to Melfeh. 24 songs are chosen and are put in to three groups of eight. The draws stay the same. The songs are performed every week for three weeks before reaching the semi Finals. As 3rd and 4th qualifies to the Semi Finals, we would have 6 songs in that draw. However, songs are put together for a battle. On Friday evening, the two songs who have received the highest points would verse each other - the winner going through to the finals. On Saturday evening, the two.songs which received the middle points verse each other and the same thing happens for the two lowest songs. In the finals, we use a mixture of WorldVision and WHF's system. We award 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 from each international jury including the Britonish public votes, Britonish Jury votes and neighbour votes (mounting for 50% of the overall score). The winner will represent Britonisea in the upcoming WorldVision Song Contest while "The Voice RU" will be used to send a WHF Act.

It is still quite similar to that of last years contest. 24 songs were chosen by BVC and music professionals. A lot of different genres which will appeal to the Britonish ears were chosen, as well as international submissions too. Only a few of the acts are from the international submissions. The 24 songs are then split in to 3 groups for the semi finals (equivalent to last year's heats) based on gender/group and what type of songs. We tried to make all the semi finals feature something different from each other. Each week, the international jury will be presented with the eight songs (snippets of them) and they have to pick the top few they like. This will be combined 50/50 with the Britonish Jury and televote, and the top 3 will go through the final automatically. Then, the fourth-placer in each semi final will go to the Battles (which is the equivalent to last year's Semi Final). A fourth act will be picked to join those in the battles; and it is likely to be a song which did well in the International Juries but were let down by the Britonish Jury or televote. Then, the songs will be split in to two battles and will go through a head-2-head. An international jury, which will be decided earlier, will pick one of the two out of Battle 1, and the Britonish televote will pick out of Battle 2. On the thursday that this event happens, the winners will be announced and the finals will be announced by the 16th March 2016 [11 in the final, one more than last year]. In the final, International Juries will have more power. They are to vote using the current WorldVision scoring system [12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1]. Countries are allowed to have two sets of votes; Jury and their own televotes/ online votes. They will be amalgamated with the Britonish votes, whom will give out 174 points (WV Scoring x3, representing Televotes, Jury and Online). The winner will be announced on the 26th of March 2017. All entrants in the final will be able to go to Vha Mehlodhivestoile: Encores, in the Westley Theatre on the Thursday after the final.

In the heats, points will be awarded 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and 0.

Current 2018 Format;
With the exception of Dean Boyst's wildcard entry to the final due to him coming 3rd in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2017, 24 songs were picked from a list by music professionals at BVC, BITC and record companies that regularly contribute to the WorldVision Song Contest or World Hit Festival. Unlike 2017, international submissions were not accepted, and it was required that at least the singer (or 1/2+ of the singers in a group are Britonish). Everybody participating in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018 is Britonish. Similarly to Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2016 and 2017, the competition will consist of 5 stages; three Semi Final shows, a Battle Stage and finally, the Grand Final. Unlike 2017, songs were not categorised in terms of gender and were only categorised based on the types of songs in each Semi Final. The songs to each of the Semi Finals were announced between 25th February 2018 to 27th February 2018 and you can find them here. The voting split in the Semi Finals will remain being 50:50, with the first 50% being from Britonish Juries (25% overall say) and Britonish Televote (25% Overall say). The remaining 50% will come directly from voting nations. Unlike 2017, nations will only be allowed to vote once. The scoring system for the Semi Finals is as follows [10-8-6-5-4-3-2-0]. The number of points that Britonisea will give out depends on how many nations vote in each Semi Final a la 2016. The results will then be revealed, and unlike 2017 (and reminiscent of 2016), only two acts will qualify straight to the final. The full results of the Semi Final will be revealed during the show, which means the audience will know who is 1st, 2nd, 3rd to 8th. The acts that come 3rd and 4th will go through to the battle stage. With the exception of Dean Boyst, that means 6 acts will have qualified straight to the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018. As there are 3 Semi Finals, 6 acts will go straight to the Battle Stage, which is seen as a second chance to get to the finals. Thanks to a random draw, the 6 acts will be put in to three different pairs. The winner of the first pair will be decided by jurors from Antahbrantahstan, while the winner of the third pair being decided by jurors from Izmedu. During the second pair, the Britonish public will be able to vote for them. The winners of each round will not reprise their song. In the Grand Final, 9 songs will have qualified from the Semi Finals, and Dean Boyst will join them creating a total of 10 acts. In the Grand Final, it is split between Britonisea and the International Juries. The scoring system for the Grand Final follows the WorldVision Scoring System [12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1]. Regardless of how many international juries there are, Britonisea's votes will be 100% televote. North, West, East, South and Central Britonisea will give out their votes using the WorldVision Scoring Systems after the International Juries voted. The winner will become apparent after Britonisea has voted. The winner will win the right to represent Britonisea at WorldVision Song Contest 64 (and win £150,000 BPS if they take that offer to represent Britonisea). Second place will win the right to represent Britonisea at World Hit Festival 39 (and win £50,000 BPS if they take that offer to represent Britonisea). Third place will be not get any money, but will be considered to represent Britonisea at a later World Hit Festival. They will also receive a pass to the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019.

Questions Answered

My nation does not participate in neither WorldVision nor World Hit Festival...Can I vote?
You can also vote - regardless of whether you participate in WorlVision, World Hit or neither.

Can I vote twice in one round?
Unlike 2017, nations will only be allowed to vote once. However, that does not stop you to vote using other nations. However, we will limit this to 2 nations to vote per user.

If I vote in the Semi Final, do I have to vote in the Grand Final?
We would love if you vote in Vha Mehlodhivestoile as much as possible, so we can get the most realistic view on what the Multiverse likes. It is not obligatory.

If there are any more questions, don't hesitate to telegram Britonisea

WORLD, ARE YOU READY?

Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018: Information

Postby Britonisea » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:32 pm

THE HOSTS

The hosts of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018: Santiago Carillion and Evangeline Hope will be doing the honours this year.

There will be two hosts for Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018, which is different to both Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2016 (one host) and 2017 (three hosts). The two hosts will be presenting in every show, from the semi finals right to the finals. Both of the hosts are well known to Britonisea, and therefore were perfect candidates to host Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018; which is expected to reach 11 million views during the Semi Finals and around 19 million for the Grand Final. The hosts were picked based on their skills of singing, dancing and also their ability to host - especially under pressure with an audience larger than 14,000 people.

Santiago Carillion: Is a popular Britonish singer who has largely kept away from the WorldVision and World Hit Festival bubble. While he intends to not go in to that bubble, his hosting gig at Vha Mehlodhivestoile sees a transition between being just a singer, but also being on stage for other reasons. Santiago, alongside Evangeline Hope, made a recent appearance at the XIII Winter Olympic Games Opening Ceremony, which has raised his profile slightly, and excitement for him presenting Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018.

Evangeline Hope: Represent Britonisea at the 45th WorldVision Song Contest, but also has participated in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018. Owing to her role in the 35th World Hit Festival, it propelled her to this position and soon after World Hit Festival in Junterapten finished, she was called to host Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018 - she gladly agreed to the job. Evangeline Hope came 6th in the final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2017, after qualifying directly to the final by coming second place. Evangeline Hope will be singing her 45th WorldVision Song Contest entry during the first Semi Final.

Santiago Carillion and Evangeline Hope will sing the song they sung at the Opening Ceremony of the XII Winter Olympic Games as the Opening of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018 SF1.

OPENING AND INTERVAL ACTS

Semi Final 1
  • Opening Act: Santiago Carillion & Evangeline Hope - No Doubting Yourself
  • Interval Act: Evangeline Hope - Omnibenevolent
Semi Final 2
  • Opening Act: Frida Grover - Pyro
  • Interval Act: Luka Brekalo & Tatjana - A Way Out
Semi Final 3
  • Opening Act: The Retribution - Sorry, Goodbye
  • Interval Act: Wildcard: Dean Boyst - Restore
Battle Stage
  • Opening Act: Mello Cinde - Vindication
  • Interval Act: Estreľa - Ragažë
Grand Final
  • Opening Act: Mehkl Maddox-Ajax - I'll Be There
  • Interval Act 1 (Before International Vote): Ludvig Ingarsson - Lost Unfound
  • Interval Act 2 (After International Vote): TBA
Last edited by Britonisea on Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018: Information

Postby Britonisea » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:58 pm

SCHEDULE
All times are 20:00 GMT (Unless stated otherwise)

Semi Final 1 (IC Date: 3rd March)
  • Vote Opens: Saturday 3rd March 2018
  • Vote Closes: Friday 9th March 2018
Semi Final 2 (IC Date: 10th March)
  • Vote Opens: Saturday 10th March 2018
  • Vote Closes: Friday 16th March 2018
Semi Final 3 (IC Date: 17th March)
  • Vote Opens: Saturday 17th March 2018
  • Vote Closes: Friday 23rd March 2018
Battle Stage (IC Date: 24th March)
  • Vote Date: (For jurors only) Friday 23rd March - Saturday 24th March
  • Battle Stage Results: Saturday 24th March
Grand Final (IC Date: 7th April)
  • Vote Opens: Friday 30th March 2018
  • Vote Closes: Sunday 8th April 2018

PARTICIPANTS
Everytime a Semi Final finishes, this list will be updated...

Bold = Qualified To Final
  1. Zeke Lemondey - I Feel You
  2. Eleanora Buckingham - Young Again
  3. J3 - Hypnotised ,(4)
  4. Luxury Ladies - Me, Myself and I (3)
  5. Thiago Josef - Summer Has Arrived Early
  6. Kelsey Banques - Fall (2)
  7. KNTRY Girls - I Will Not Fail
  8. Petre Lemetre - No One Saw It (1)
  1. Lenora Delora - Talk To Me
  2. Mathias Bexley Durand - Hurt You
  3. KAYLEY - Junteräpten (2)
  4. Taron Woods - Cy Ecouto Teuten Vokse (3)
  5. Lucie Lou - Take My Body
  6. Urbain - Daydream
  7. David Kiser - The Hour (4)
  8. Liam Jishak - Fauteur de Troubles (1)
  1. Abandonné - History (4)
  2. Luke Vernon Hills - The Pain
  3. Mya Richardson - Play Their Game
  4. Arvin Dalir - Walking (2)
  5. Amoura Celeste - Can You Walk The Walk?
  6. Laila Khan ft Amrash - I Survived
  7. Reuben Lonsdale - Perilous (3)
  8. Giselles - The Evil (1)
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018: Semi Final 1

Postby Britonisea » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:00 pm

Click here to vote

Live Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018. LIVE from Ghiez, Britonisea with your hosts Santiago Carillion and Evangeline Hope.

Vha Mehlodhivestoile is back for it's third edition: Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018. If you asked those at BVC whether they thought Vha Mehlodhivestoile would be continuing in to it's third year during the planning of the contest, they probably would not believed you. Mehlodhifehstivalhen, which is sometimes used as a pre-selection for Britonisea in the WorldVision and World Hit Festival (less commonly now than before) was already a big show, and it was a large job that the BVC had to do to get the viewers they get from that show to watch Vha Mehlodhivestoile, and also bring in new viewers. Quite successful though, and it seems that each Semi Final went from strength to strength over the past two years. But of course, we are now in 2018 and by the end of this competition, 9 semi finals would have taken place. Promptly at 20:00 GBK Time, the opening titles for Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018 hit the screens - later than last year. After the titles, we went inside the Ghiez Maine Arena, which is holding 14,000 people. The stage turned dark before this music started playing.

Before the start of the performance, the stage turned dark with all of the people in the stadium waiting for whatever was going to happen on stage waiting with eagerness. Suddenly, Evangeline Hope, wearing a large white dress, appeared in the middle of the stage. Whispers rung around the arena, though these whispers were muted by the loud horns which signified the beginning of the song. Man-made geysers from near the audience shot up steam in to the air as the klaxon-sound escaped into the night, with all the lights around the arena focusing on the magnificent Evangeline Hope.
Get ready, it's the day.
Put on your gears, take an extra sip of your coffee.
Look outside, it's time to go (yeah)
Are you scared? Even nervous?
I think I noticed, I can feel your heart beating fast.
Well don't be, I'll be here - watching.

As Evangeline carried on singing, the memories faded away, and her dressed turn in to a sea of sparkling gold...The gold filled the whole floor, causing people in the Ghiez Maine Arena to watch with glee. For those twelve or so million watching Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018 at home, a wide-angle shot of the arena made translated the magnitude of what was happening to them. Evangeline then turned around to face the other side of the arena, and her dress turned with her, as though the - what looked like - heavy material was as light as paper.

The courage you have is like nobody else's,
I watch you soar high in the air with amazement,
I do feel your drive every second it's your turn,
To shine brightest...

The klaxon-sounds came back during that pre-chorus, which meant that the man-made geysers also made a reappearance. Evangeline's dress was slowly disappearing, tearing away bit by bit, becoming less and less unveiling a much smaller, though still long, dress that she had underneath. As she sang the last line of the pre-chorus, "To shine brightest", the whole of the Ghiez Maine Arena turned dark with only a speck of light coming from all of the lights meeting together in the middle of the stage, above everybody. As everybody looked up, the rest of Evangeline's dress disappeared.

Your journey to the peak has arrived,
You've waited for years for this moment.
So no looking back, no doubting yourself,
Oh no now, no doubting yourself at all!

A man's silhouette appeared at one of the entrances during the chorus, with a large glaring light coming from behind him. His shadow appears large on the arena floor in front of him. Santiago, who was about to sing his part, stood there so still as though he was in a trance. His part to sing came up, and as his verse came up, the colours in the stage faded away and cold, harsh blue lights lined Santiago's pathway towards Evangeline. A camera, for the viewers at home, slowly moved towards the man who grew in appearance as the camera grew closer to him. His hand finally moved, it had a microphone in it and he drew it close to his mouth - he began singing;

So tired, I'm hurting,
Years of years of training, I don't think I can go on,
But it's you, your words carry me. (Carry me)
I've stumbled, I've fallen, I've crumbled, I've faltered, (faltered)
But never have I stopped and I have never quit. (never quit)
There's so much motivation to go out there and win,
Win for myself.

As Santiago sang "I've stumbled..." he moved towards the camera, as his face became more viewable for those who were watching at home. For those in the Ghiez Maine Arena, they noticed that Evangeline was walking towards Santiago which made a few of them clap with cheer. The cameraman quickly ran off the stage floor, leaving just the two of the singers on the stage. The lights that lead Santiago to Evangeline soon faded away as the pair got closer to each other. In fact, all of the lights faded away as the two met each other as Santiago sang, "Win for myself."

Oh no now, no doubting yourself at all!
Oh no now, no doubting yourself oh oh !

The courage you have is like nobody else's,
I watch you soar high in the air with amazement,
I do feel your drive every second it's your turn,
To shine brightest...

Everything came to a stand-still, everyone was looking up to the sky as sparklers came rushing down to the stadium floor. People looked up with them, and a camera from the helicopter managed to capture this moment. The lights on the stage were as they were during the first chorus, just circling around everyone sitting in the arena.

My journey to the peak has arrived,
I've waited for years for this moment.
So no looking back, no doubting ourselves,
Oh no now, no doubting ourselves at all!
Our journey to the peak has arrived,

We've waited for years for this moment.
So no looking back, no doubting us now,
Oh no now, no doubting ourselves at all!!
So no looking back, no doubting us now,
Oh no now, no doubting ourselves at all!!

Evangeline Hope: *speaking amongst the cheers from the audience* Thank you, everybody - thank you! Really!
The cheers from the audience continue, especially as Santiago raised his microphone to his face.
Santiago Carillion: Thank you, everyone! That song is called "No Doubting Yourself" and you can get it on most of the music platforms out there! Anyway, welcome to the first Semi Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018!
The audience did die down, but eventually, everyone started to cheer again due to the welcoming by Santiago Carillion. Evangeline and Santiago smiled to each other before Evangeline started to speak.
Evangeline Hope: I am Evangeline Hope, and right beside me, I have Santiago Carillion, and we are your hosts for the 3rd edition of Vha Mehlodhivestoile!
Again, the audience started to applaud, but Santiago managed to come in before the whole arena decided to catch on...
Santiago Carillion: Yes, it is time to decide who will be third winner of the adult version of Vha Mehlodhivestoile, and see who will be going to represent Britonisea at the World Hit Festival, WorldVision, or who will have a second shot at Vha Mehlodhivestoile next year.

Evangeline Hope: And nothing has changed much in the Semi Finals; the votes are 50:50 between the international juries and the votes from Britonisea, which is split again in half between you, the viewers at home, and of course the Britonish jury.

Santiago Carillion: But there has been a change this year... instead of three qualifying straight to the Grand Final, and one to the Battle Stag - we have reverted back to 2016 rules, and only the top two will go straight to the final will the next two will go to the Battle Stage, which this year will take place in Zelmerlow!
The audience applauds at the prospect of going to Zelmerlow for the Battle Stage. Zelmerlow is quite a different and unusual place, so it's good that they are getting a bit of limelight through Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018. The picture goes from Santiago and Evangeline on stage to a dark picture of the participating acts of the evening.

Evangeline Hope: Why are we showing you this so early you might ask? Well that's because you're allowed to vote right now!
A "VOTE NOW" sign showed up on the screens across the arena and balloons were released in to the air.
Santiago Carillion: You can vote via the Mehlodhivestoile 2018 app, or you can vote by calling 0141 2340 22 and the number of when your act is performing. For example, if you wanted to vote for...Eleanora Buckingham, it's 0141 2340 2202. Calls cost 15p but that might vary based on your provider. Right, I think it's time to get started with the songs, Evangeline?

Evangeline Hope: I would agree with you, Santiago. I think we should go to Song Number 1, it's Zeke Lemondey singing his song, "I Feel You".

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018: Semi Final 1: The Songs

Postby Britonisea » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:00 pm

THE SONGS

PLAYLIST: Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018: Semi Final 1: Ghiez

Listen to each of the songs below and then order them from your favourite to least favourite. The voting instructions are right here

ZEKE LEMONDEY - "I FEEL YOU"
Rui Andrade - Confia Em Mim

I feel you;
When our bodies lean upon each other,
Hairs on my skin stand on end.
I close my eyes and enter a new world,
A planet with you and I.

With me, you are at your most vulnerable,
I’ll protect you from the storm.
Embrace me so tight, and don’t you let go.
You are protecting me too.

Oh I feel you.

ELEANORA BUCKINGHAM - "YOUNG AGAIN"
Celine Dion - Les Yeux Au Ciel

Oooh ooh I remember,
How we used to be when we were young and carefree.
Oooh ooh I reminisce,
About when we walked down the promenade hand-in-hand.

Ooh ooh oh years ago,
Feels like only yesterday I was twenty-one.
Oooh oh oh how I would,
Wish for time to turn back to when I was young again.

J3 - "HYPNOTISED"
5 After Midnight - Up In Here

You’ve got me losing my cool;
You got me on my knees!
You’ve got me now chasing you;
I am on the lookout!

You’ve got me all hypnotised;
I see you, only you.
You have got me, ah-
Oh, you have got me all hypnotised.

LUXURY LADIES - "ME, MYSELF AND I"
Leading Ladies - One Night Only

And so, I am begging, I am begging,
Don’t hurt me in my heart.
I am hoping that we could start again.
It’s up to you, it’s up to you,
The spotlight’s not on me.

(But baby please) don’t hurt me once again!
I gave you my all, yes, my devotion!
But and it seems that you don’t care at all, no!.
I’ve tried so hard to make you happy, so so long...
But now I need to think all ‘bout me, myself and I!

THIAGO JOSEF - "SUMMER HAS ARRIVED EARLY"
Tunde Olaniran - Namesake

Now I have come from afar away,
For a purpose,
So, don’t you turn all of your backs from me.
I have an important message, I am dying to say,
I need your full attention.

You need to listen, you better listen hard.
I need to tell you, “YEAH, SUMMER HAS ARRIVED EARLY”
YEAH, SUMMER HAS ARRIVED EARLY, YEAH!

KELSEY BANQUES - "FALL"
Zara Larsson - One Mississippi

I fell at the last hurdle,
Trying to find sanity.
I had all hope ripped away,
And all of my will was set free.

I know I was so bitter,
I wasn’t even the person you once knew.
But one thing I can now say,
I will not ever fall down again.

KNTRY GIRLS - "I WILL NOT FAIL"
Darline - Fall Deep

If I fall on the floor, I get up and I don’t complain.
I will dust myself off and I will then have another shot.
B-B-B-B-Because I am not here to be a failure,
I won’t be a failure - I won’t be a failure
B-Because I am not here to be a, be a, be a...

(Instrumental)
I will not fail
(Instrumental)
I will not fail
(Instrumental)
I will not be a failure, no no.

PETRE LEMETRE - "NO ONE SAW IT"
Alfie Arcuri - If They Only Knew

I rise above, defying all odds.
No, no one saw it.
No one saw the potential in me,
No one ever believed in me,
No, no one saw it.

But I kept going, I didn’t let them tear me down,
Sometimes in life you’ll cross those who,
Just want to bring you down.

The audience cheered loudly as the last performance ended and the hosts came in to view again. Santiago Carillion and Evangeline waited as the audience died down.
Santiago Carillion: Thank you very much to Petre Lemetre ending the evening of song with that tune. I hope you are still voting at home because we don't have too long now.

Evangeline Hope: No, we don't have too long, Santiago - so get voting. Approximately, you have around 5 minutes left to vote. In those five minutes, I will sing you a little song that you are all familiar with...

HOW TO VOTE
Below, you can find out the details of how you vote;

There are 2 (eight) songs competing in this Semi Final. 
In order to vote for your favourite song, you have to give them the top mark of 10 (ten) points, while your second favourite gets 8 (eight) points.
Below, you can find out all the information and a code to make it easy for you to vote.

QUICK INFORMATION
A user is allowed to vote up to 2 (two) times, but the same nation cannot vote twice in one Semi Final.
There is no restriction on how many points you can give one act per user.

SCORING SYSTEM
10 - Favourite entry of the eight.
8 - Second favourite entry of the eight.
6 - Third favourite entry of the eight.
5 - Fourth favourite entry of the eight.
4 - Fifth favourite entry of the eight.
3 - Sixth favourite entry of the eight.
2 - Seventh favourite entry of the eight.
0 - Least favourite entry of the eight.

Post your results on this thread in a reply.

Code: Select all
SEMI FINAL VOTING.

[b]Nation Name:[/b]

10-
8-
6-
5-
4-
3-
2-
0-
Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:27 am

SEMI FINAL VOTING.

Nation Name: Besen

10- Petre Lemetre - "No One Saw It"
8- Kelsey Banques - "Fall"
6- Eleanora Buckingham - "Young Again"
5- Kntry Girls - "I Will Not Fail"
4- Luxury Ladies - "Me Myself and I"
3- Thiago Josef - "Summer Has Arrived Early"
2- Zeke Lemondey - "I Feel You"
0- J3 - "Hypnotised"

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:41 am

SEMI FINAL VOTING.

Nation Name: Togonistan

10 - Kelsey Banques - ''Fall''
8 - Kntry Girls - ''I Will Not Fail''
6 - Zeke Lemondey - ''I Feel You''
5 - Eleanora Buckingham - ''Young Again''
4 - Thiago Josef - ''Summer Has Arrived Early''
3 - J3 - ''Hypnotized''
2 - Luxury Ladies - ''Me, Myself and I''
0 - Petre Lemetre - ''No One Saw It''
Last edited by Togonistan on Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arioslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arioslavia » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:31 pm

SEMI FINAL VOTING.

Nation Name: Arioslavia

10- Luxury Ladies, 'Me, Myself and I'
8- J3, 'Hypnotised'
6- Kelsey Banques, 'Fall'
5- Kntry Girls, 'I Will Not Fail'
4- Zeke Lemondey, 'I Feel You'
3- Eleanora Buckingham, 'Young Again'
2- Petre Lemetre, 'No One Saw It'
0- Thiago Joseph, 'Summer Has Arrived Early'
Based on Russia - 240 million people - Superpower (do not anger, we have nukes and 5 million army!) - Post-communist, socially liberal gov
Pro: Pragmatic Socialism, Social Liberalism, Leftist Nationalism, Secularism, Women rights, Progressivism, Russia (not always, but sorry - Crimea is Russian), Kemalist Turkey (Glory to Ataturk!), Israel (it's always better than another Islamist dictatorship!)
Neutral: USA, UK (I'm hardline republican but not in the UK case - keep the Monarchy!), EU, China
Anti: Christian Conservatism, Islamism, Erdogan, Clericalism, Saudi Arabia, Current Polish Gov
Male - 22 - straight - Polish - disabled - Russophile - body-positive fat admirer
I don't use NS stats
Feel free to TG me to talk

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015

Postby Darkmania » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:39 am

SEMI FINAL VOTING.

Nation Name: Darkmania

10- 06. KELSEY BANQUES - "FALL"
8- 02. ELEANORA BUCKINGHAM - "YOUNG AGAIN"
6- 01. ZEKE LEMONDEY - "I FEEL YOU"
5- 07. KNTRY GIRLS - "I WILL NOT FAIL"
4- 05. THIAGO JOSEF - "SUMMER HAS ARRIVED EARLY"
3- 03. J3 - "HYPNOTISED"
2- 04. LUXURY LADIES - "ME, MYSELF AND I"
0- 08. PETRE LEMETRE - "NO ONE SAW IT"
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

New Doltania
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby New Doltania » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:58 pm

SEMI FINAL VOTING
Nation: New Doltania

10- 08 Petre Lemetre - No one saw it
08- 01 Zeke Lemondey- I feel like you
06- 05 Thiago Josef- Summer has arrived early
05- 03 J3- Hypnotized
04- 02 Eleanora Buckingham- Young again
03- 04 Luxury Ladies- New, myself and I
02- 07 Kntry girls- I will not fail
00- 06 Kesley Banques- Fall
Sporting Achievements: Champions of the 1st De International Football Tournament
Hosting: Co-hosted Indian Champions League with Azadeshia

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:14 pm

SEMI FINAL VOTING.

Nation Name: Izmedu

10-Petre Lemetre - "No One Saw It"
8-Eleanora Buckingham - "Young Again"
6-Luxury Ladies - "Me, Myself And I"
5-Kelsey Banques - "Fall"
4-Zeke Lemondey - "I Feel You"
3-Thiago Josef - "Summer Has Arrived Early"
2-Kntry Girls - "I Will Not Fail"
0-J3 - "Hypnotised"
THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF IZMEDU
WorldVision Song Contest - World Hit Festival

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:12 pm

SEMI FINAL VOTING.

Nation Name: Normandy and Picardy

10- Luxury Ladies - Me, Myself and I
8- Kntry Girls - I Will Not Fail
6- Petre Lemetre - No One Saw It
5- J3 - Hyptonised
4- Eleanora Buckingham - Young Again
3- Kelsey Banques - Fall
2- Zeke Lemondey- I Feel You
0- Thiago Josef - Summer Has Arrived Early
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:29 pm

SEMI FINAL VOTING.

Nation Name: Tödlichebujoku

10- J3 - "Hypnotised"
8- Kelsey Banques - "Fall"
6- Eleanora Buckingham - "Young Again"
5- Thiago Josef - "Summer Has Arrived Early"
4- Zeke Lemondey - "I Feel You"
3- Petre Lemetre - "No One Saw It"
2- Luxury Ladies - "Me, Myself, and I"
0- KNTRY GIRLS - "I Will Not Fail"
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:00 pm

STANDBY

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vha Mehlodhivestoile: Semi Final 1: Interval

Postby Britonisea » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:16 pm

Santiago Carillion: That's great Evangeline, but before you open your mouth to sing - I think it would be a great idea to show everyone at home a recap of all of the eight songs that they need to vote on. And this can also be the time you need to get ready to perform. What do you say?

Evangeline Hope: All right then *she says in discontent manner* Here is your recap of the eight songs from tonight.

*RECAP SHOWN*

Santiago Carillion: Now of course Vha Mehlodhivestoile is a selection show for WorldVision Song Contest and World Hit Festival, and what better way to celebrate that than have one of the hosts of Vha Mehlodhivestoile sing the song she sang during her WorldVision adventure? It was a very long time ago - her shot at WorldVision. She represented Britonisea at WorldVision Song Contest 45, performing 7th, and came 5th. Well, ladies and gentlemen, welcome her back to the stage.

This was the first time since she returned to Britonisea from WorldVision Song Contest 45 that she was singing this song, and so it was a bit daunting for her. Similarly to her WorldVision performance, she walked on stage with no facial expression. Evangeline wore a black cat suit and stood and looked at the audience for eight seconds before the first sounds of the song started playing. The music started as the crowd started to raw loudly at the woman. She opened her mouth to sing the first line of the song, the diamond-encrusted microphone glistening on the camera as it contrasts with her dark outfit.

I keep on avoiding you,
Reticent about our past affairs.
I keep on avoiding you,
Make myself invisible near you.

Three women wearing the same outfit as her came walking out in dark catsuits from the left side of the stage while three men, with shirts, came walking out from the other side. These men weren't walking, though. They were swaying from side to side focusing their eyes on the three women with the catsuits on.The camera swung around from one side of the stage as the men touched hands with the women. Evangeline walked forwards, towards the audience and gave off a bit of a wink. An eighth person, a male, came walking on the stage and set eyes on Evangeline while she was singing. He admired her for a moment.

I know I once lusted you,
Only when we were under the covers.
I keep on avoiding you,
Though I do like you full attention.

When she sang about "under the covers" the man smirked and proceeds towards her. The other six people started to dance and sway along with the song. The crowd wooed at the eighth hopeful who came quietly behind Evangeline. The male reached Evangeline and grabbed her from behind. As he did this, she smiled and did a backflipped over the male. Wondering what she just done, he looked at the audience wondering how she did that. One of the women and the men quickly stepped off the stage, the camera focused on Evangeline, the singer as she walked to the other side of the stage.

Ooh,
Writing to that handsome fella,
Praying that you were swell, and,
Hoping you were smart.
You think I won’t be able
To keep this relationship stable
But I know what you’re up to you...

The man quickly ran to Evangeline as another couple walked off the stage. Evangeline turned her body around before the man reached her and she put her hand on his shoulder and pushed him back, though still singing towards the audience. He looked very entertained and was very happy to follow the physical orders from Evangeline. Evangeline stopped pushing him back as she was in the middle of the stage. The stage then went bright red as she finished singing the pre-chorus.

I’m Omnibenevolent,
Watching your next step.
I’m Omnibenevolent,
With maximum stealth.

Evangeline was singing the chorus to the man who was following her. When she spoke of herself being Omnibenevolent, he then got on the floor and started to circle her on his knees. The crowd roared at this man getting on his knees. White camera-flash lights flashed across the stage.

I keep on avoiding you,
I spill my coffee when you walk by.
Is it you that I wish for?
For now from afar I will watch you.

Evangeline walks to the right side of the stage and winks before sitting down on a sudden chair...which was randomly but there. All the men that featured on the stage came running from all corners of Evangeline and circled her likes sharks. A strong white light was on Evangeline as she tried to give the men no eye contact; but you could tell she loved the attention. With the men still on he floor swooning over the dashing Evangeline, the camera zoomed out and looked at the crowd before zooming back in to the performer. Evangeline smiled before turning suddenly to the other side of the stage.

Ooh-oh,
Watching the hands of my watch tick,
You know you're making me love sick.
I doubt, doubt, doubt you...
I know you may call me naive,
I might be easy to deceive,
But, I’m much more than you believe...

The other women came from that side that Evangeline was looking at. She got up from the seat hastily and ran away from the men. Unaware of their female counterparts looking for them, the men ran after Evangeline in a seductive way and as they reached her, the girls turned around. Evangeline turned to the audience as the men, which were on one side, and the women, on the other side, were shocked in go a freeze frame. Speaking directly to a few in the crowd, she pointed her arm at them then pointed her index fingers to her head.

I’m Omnibenevolent
Watching your next step.
I’m Omnibenevolent
With maximum stealth

I'm Omnibenevolent!
It gets me high, looking at your attempts.
To try and rope me back in. (Omnibenevolent)
But I learnt, a lot, from my mistakes.
Oh I have paid my price.

The other men were still in a freeze frame but the male who was with Evangeline at the start came to life and came behind her. When the man hugged her from behind, Evangeline sighed in relief. She looked as though she realised that what she was doing was wrong. The camera zoomed in on to the faces of the male her as the colour of the stage turned to a bubbly pink. Now singing to the man, and the others still in a freeze frame, Evangeline looked confused. Giving up her normal life to go to a life she'd always wanted. She thought that this would be an easy job for her, but it isn't easy to give up your whole life for something you believe in. The pros and the cons came to her and she sang the next bit sadly;

At my cost.
Avoiding you, ooh.

I’m Omnibenevolent
(I know I’m not, but I am when I’m with you!)
Watching your next step.
I’m Omnibenevolent
Watching your next step.

The stage turned from bubbly pink in to a much more dull grey. Suddenly, it changed. The camera zoomed in as she belted out the next line, the lights came back up and she ran to the people in a freeze frame. Those people, however, weren't in a freeze frame. They were about to take a strike at Evangeline. Luckily, the man at the start saved her and ran away with her in his arms. They ran towards the audiences. She started waving her hands in the air at the audience as they clapped along to the song. Also, they sang along with Evangeline which made her smile.

I've paid the price, I've learnt a lot...
I’ve learnt a lot of mistakes.
Yet, going back to you at my expense,
Won't show my benevolence.

As she finishes her song, the crowd erupts in enjoyment. As the audience applauds, Santiago comes walking back on to the stage clapping and smiling, giving Evangeline a warm smile.

Santiago Carillion: Giirl, the first thing you need to tell me about is how you got yourself in that leather cat-suit because that looks so uncomfortable, I'm sorry.

Evangeline Hope: Oh my lovely, it was painful - you men are so lucky-

Santiago Carillion: Woah, who says a man can't wear a cat-suit?
Santiago looks towards the audience pointing downwards towards his body as the audience cheers, he gives a wink in to the camera before Evangeline raises her hands out.
Evangeline Hope: Oh, how I would love to see you wear a cat-suit for next's week show. I absolutely dare you to do it - am I right everybody?!
The whole arena roars at the prospect of Santiago wearing a cat suit, with the odd wolf-whistle,and 'I love you, Santiago' being heard amongst the crowd. Suddenly, the arena starts to chant 'DO IT! DO IT!' as Evangeline fluffs her hair, smiling cheekily at Santiago. Santiago smiles before speaking.
Santiago Carillion: Challenge accepted, I guess. But before we speak more about this, let's reveal the results of the international juries. Many thanks to the nations that have voted; including Besen, New Doltania, Togonistan, Darkmania, Arioslavia, Izmedu, Normandy and Picardy and Todlichebujoku - we most certainly hope that we will see you in the next few semis and of course, the finals. But before we do that, here's your final recap. The lines will close a few seconds after the recap is shown...

*RECAP SHOWN*

Evangeline Hope: Okay - everyone stop voting! Right, here we go... On your screens now are the votes from the international jury. They had a total of 304 points to give out...

Winner of the International Juries: Kelsey Banques won the International Juries' votes with 50 points gaining two top points (10) from Togonistan and Darkmania. Following closely behind are Eleanora Buckingham with 44, Petre Lemetre with 41 points and Luxury Ladies with 39 points. One of the bookies favourite to win, J3, has placed penultimate in the international juries.

Evangeline Hope: Very interesting results so far. But of course, we still have 304 points to give out and this will come straight from Britonisea. I can already feel how tense this will be. Will Kelsey Banques be able to sustain her lead - or will Thiago Josef pull a surprise victory? Let's find out shall we?

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018: Semi Final 1: Results

Postby Britonisea » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:35 pm

Santiago Carillion: I totally agree with you, Evangeline. And as you said, there's still 304 points left to be given out - so anything could happen. Let me remind you, before we move on to the Britonish Jury, in the "QUALIFIERS" section, the top 2 will go straight to the final, with their running order they'll get being announced soon after the show finishes. The two acts that come 3rd and 4th will, well, go to the Battle Stage which take place in Zelmerlow. They will then battle it out to get to the 10-Act Grand Final!

Evangeline Hope: Indeed. I have just received confirmation, Santiago, that the results are ready for us to reveal. Right now, we are going to reveal the results of the Britonish Jury. The Britonish Jury is a panel of 50 industry professionals; including representatives who were in charge of picking the entries. In order to reduce bias, the representatives will change based on who is in the Semi Final so they never encounter someone they might have voted for in the internal heats until the Grand Final. Right...

Santiago Carillion: Right, on your screen now are the votes for the Britonish Jury...

Britonish Jury: The Britonish Jury absolutely loved the song from Petre Lemetre, with it receiving 28% of all of the votes, and therefore 40 points. Luxury Ladies now move in to qualifiers position, kicking out Zeke Lemondey from qualifying. Eleanora is now 4th, falling from 2nd place. The group J3 received some support from the juries, and moves up to put Thiago Josef in bottom position and Zeke to 56th. The average range is much larger than the for the Britonish jury than the International jury.

Sanitago Carillion: Wew laddie!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018: Semi Final 1: Winners

Postby Britonisea » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:00 pm

Evangeline Hope: It is now time to reveal the points from the Britonish Televote, you at home. The Britonish televote will give out a total of 152 points. Let's see how you at home have voted.

Santiago Carillion: The results of this Semi Final are on your screen...now!

Britonish Televote: As expected, the winners of this televote were J3, and because they drew a tie with Eleanora Buckingham with 81 points. However, due to tiebreak procedure, the Britonish votes will decide who goes through (J3 won 47 points, Eleanora won 37) and therefore J3 goes to 4th and will go to Zelmerlow. Petre wins the Semi Final with a total of 83 points (65 Britonisea, 41 International) with Kelsey Banques coming second place, this time making it straight to the Grand Final. Both of these acts were kicked out in the Battle Stage in 2017, so this is seen as their revenge. Luxury Ladies and J3 will be the first two acts going to Zelmerlow for the Battle Stage while the other four acts will leave the competition immediately.

The audience begins to cheer as the final points were given out, balloons were released in the arena as the camera focused on Petre and Kelsey, who both qualified straight to the final of the competition. The hosts speak over the cheers;
Evangeline Hope: CONGRATULATIONS! to Petre Lemetre, the winner of tonight, alongside Kelsey Banques who both qualify straight to the final of the competition! We look forward to seeing you in Luton - both of you take to the stage. Kelsey Banques will perform her song, "Fall", first while Petre will end the show with his song, "No One Saw It"!

Santiago Carillion: And well done to Luxury Ladies for coming 3rd, with J3 coming 4th. I can't wait to see you in Zelmerlow, singing your hearts out to go to the Grand Finals! And of course, commiserations to the four remaining acts - we thank you for joining us on this Vha Mehlodhivestoile stage. But don't worry, you will all be in Luton to support the 10 acts.
The top two were followed by the cameras around the arena, from the greenroom to the stage to perform. They were both given bouquets of flowers as they walked to the stage. They met half way before embracing. These two do have a close connection after 2017, when they both were knocked out in the Battle Stage. They walked, hand in hand, together to the stage and hugged both hosts. Kelsey was then seen putting her mic in as her stage was ready for her performance.
Evangeline Hope: It has been a great show opener, this! I can't contain myself for the next few weeks we're on air. Don't miss next week's show, we have a wonderful performance by our WorldVision 63 hopeful, Frida Grover, who will perform her song, "Pyro" as the opener.

Santiago Carillion: We will also have the winners of WorldVision Song Contest 61, Luka and Tatjana performing their brilliant song, "A Way Out" as the interval act. But for now, it's goodbye - enjoy the winning songs from today!

RUNNER UP: SF1
KELSEY BANQUES - "FALL"
Zara Larsson - One Mississippi

I fell at the last hurdle,
Trying to find sanity.
I had all hope ripped away,
And all of my will was set free.

I know I was so bitter,
I wasn’t even the person you once knew.
But one thing I can now say,
I will not ever fall down again.

WINNER: SF1
PETRE LEMETRE - "NO ONE SAW IT"
Alfie Arcuri - If They Only Knew

I rise above, defying all odds.
No, no one saw it.
No one saw the potential in me,
No one ever believed in me,
No, no one saw it.

But I kept going, I didn’t let them tear me down,
Sometimes in life you’ll cross those who,
Just want to bring you down.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018: Semi Final 2

Postby Britonisea » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Click here to vote

Live Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018. LIVE from Alshkan, Britonisea with your hosts Santiago Carillion and Evangeline Hope.

A whopping eight countries voted in the 1st Semi Final of one of the multiverse's most anticipated shows, and Britonisea's largest show. Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018 Semi Final 1 saw two people, who both were knocked out in the Battle Stage, go straight to the final while the two groups eventually went to the Battle Stage. There was some fury from fans across the globe on twitter and facebook, who thought that Britonisea's decision to aid J3 in to the Battle Stage over Eleanora Buckingham was not a great decision, but many Britonish fans replied that J3 and their song was 'true to Britonish music culture' - and of course, J3 is one of the most popular boy groups in the nation. Overall, the first edition of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018 was quite successful, with ratings hitting 10.70 million views, which made it the most watched show of the year, beating Fame Academy's show a couple of hours before Vha Mehlodhivestoile started. Compared to last year, there was a 1.5 million (or so) drop, but the Olympics was blamed for that drop - alongside the time of year meaning we will be getting the same ratings as 2016. It is expected that the second show will increase dramatically, as the Second Semi is usually the most watched - for some reason. Promptly at 20:00 GBK Time, the opening titles for Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018 hit the screens. After the titles, we went inside the Alshkan Halvenhavlve Arena, holding just over 14,000 people in pitch darkness. Suddenly, the Britonish WorldVision Song started to play and the audience roared.

The audience roared inside the Halvenhavlve Arena before the stage turned all dark. Coming from the back of the arena was the wonderful Frida Grover, but the audience did not see her face, just her silhouette in front of the red screens. She slowly moved forward, with a few women joining her as she walked more and more fowards in to the roaring crowd. The camera focused on her walking towards it, though slowly moving back and over the audience already waving their hands at Frida singing. She was going to sing the English version of her song, and save the Britonish version for WorldVision, which is going to take place in Todlichebujoku in a few weeks time.

Ahhh-hhhh!
I am left alone once again...
I just can't cope anymore!

I can feel the fire growing,
A man is the root of all my pain,
Don't mean to bore you to death again.

The lights then changed on the back screens, with the red having white strips appearing through it. A light shone on the faces of the women, and so you saw Frida's face for the firs time. The women then all walked around her before they got in to a line forming. They then suddenly, in unison, but there hand out to the left. Frida was in the middle of the women, and had the woman on her right put their hand in front of her stomach. Frida then held on to it, before cheekily looking around the arena. She then began to sing the next part of the verse;

He was so sweet at the start,
He was so kind, he was so perfect, oh!
Such a mistake that I made.

Ooo-ooo Watch out! He is now coming for you.
Ooo-ooo And I do not want you to be next!
Ooo-ooo He has a certain way of thinking,
Ooo-ooo He will brainwash you like he did me!

She then broke free of the women and walked in front of them. Everytime the backing singers sung "ooo-ooo", there was another camera shot of the audience, with the camera shaking from side to side. But her bit to sing came up, the camera would focus on Frida, and Frida would sing straight in to the camera. The first time, she was singing facing the right side of the arena, then the back, the left before returning to the front, and as she belted, "you like he did me", the camera quickly zoomed outwards as the stage turned from red and white in to gold and silver.

His fire, His fire!
It's burning right through my heart,
And I cannot make it stop.
I can't control the pain.

His fire, His fire!
He's ripping his way through me,
Enjoying seeing me bleed.
And I don't want to see,
You go through this pain.

The audience then cheered as the woman walked to the edge of the stage and started to give each of the people in the front row a high-five. The women who joined the stage with her followed behind her and copied her actions. Frida Grover crazily flicked her hair about as she ran from the sides of the stage back to the middle of the stage. The next verse was about to happen. The stage then turned from gold and silver to a mix of purple and gold. She then stood in one position and started to grind and sing. The women soon followed behind her, and in a line, all did the same expression.

I was so young, I was naive,
I needed to find the real me.
And I thought I could find her in him.
Oh, I guess he was there at the right time,
He chose me to be his next target,
And he tore my heart apart!

Ooo-ooo Watch out! He is now coming for you.
Ooo-ooo And I do not want you to be next!
Ooo-ooo He has a certain way of thinking,
Ooo-ooo He will brainwash you like he did me!

She then flung her hand in to the air and high-kneed her way from the middle of the stage to the edge again. People wearing gold, long dresses then came on the stage from behind. It was ten of them, and there were all different genders. As the ooo-ooo bit came on, the other people started to flood on. They all had microphones on them, and so revealed that they were Frida's backing singers. She were all dancing with power and fierceness as they sung, and really showed that they were enjoying themselves. Two of the people at either end had trumpets or some other brass instruments of some kind. The lights went crazy during the pre-chorus, and the camerawork reflected that, focusing on Frida once before zooming in on the audience, before spinning around in circles.

His fire, His fire!
I can't control the pain.

His fire, His fire!
And I don't want to see,
You go through this pain.

The screen, for the people at home, then split in two with one part of the screen people one of the men on the end blowing his trumpet, and the other side of the screen being the man on the other side blowing a trumpet. Both cameras zoomed out slightly before viewing the beautiful Frida shaking her body all about the stage. There was then two pictures of Frida Grover, flinging her brunette flowly hair around and around. The audience were going crazy for the most energetic performance ever sent by Britonisea.

Before the chorus came up, both camera zoomed out and then faded to white as the two pictures were joined together. Another camera then zoomed quickly back in, spinning slightly to the right as Frida and all the people danced on the stage in unison.

His fire, His fire!
I can't control the pain, the pain, the pain!

His fire, His fire!
And I don't want to see...

The camera kept on coming back and forth, zooming over the audience. As Frida sang "the pain, the pain, the pain" the woman got down on to the floor and started to swing her head back and forth. There was a fan blowing what she was wearing, and her wonderful hair in the other direction she was facing. She then got up on one knee, exposing her whole leg and held that fierce and strong pose for a few seconds before getting back up and running to the other side of the stage. The stage behind her exploded in to gold, purple and silver, and so did the lighting. The camera did not calm down either, zooming from one person to another - coming from behind the performers and then from afar.

As she key change came in, she stood in the middle of the stage, running on the spot, feeling the music as the dancers and singers disappeared off the stage. Walking on the stage, with microphones in their hands and singing along with Frida Grover - the hosts of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018, Santiago Carillion and Evangeline Hope!

His fire, His fire!!
And I don't want to see...

(No, No, Ahh!!)
Pyro, Pyro
(Ooo-ahhh!) Pyreux setsh laistigh ma corghv
(Ooo-ahhh!) V'hater mountereux raypd!!!
Nacy xeno v'arán!

Frida Grover held that last position as indoor fireworks went off. The crowd responded with a great cheer for her as she took the off her ear-piece and hugged Evangeline Hope and Santiago Carillion who were quite out of breath themselves. They then started to speak as Evangeline's and Santiago's name came up on the screen below.

Santiago Carillion: Wow, Frida that was an absolutely amazing performance - and I think everybody at home can agree with that, congratulations and thanks for opening the show for us Frida! How are you?

Frida Grover: Firstly, thanks for having me here in Alshkan tonight, I am so happy to be here and enjoy Vha Mehlodhivestoile along with the millions watching at home, and of course everyone here. Really am, but other than that, I am great!
The audience applauds at what Frida Grover said before quieting down for Evangeline to say a few words.
Evangeline Hope: And before you go, Frida, please do tell me about your WorldVision experience? Of course, we know that you will represent Britonisea at the 63rd WorldVision Song Contest in Todlichebujoku - so how is it going?

Frida Grover: It is going swimmingly, actually. The performance that I did here isn't going to be the performance that I am going to do at WorldVision, but it was great coming here and getting used to performing to a large crowd which is almost the amount we will get for WorldVision, so it won't be that bad when the time comes around. But it is going good, so I look forward to seeing where I place!

Santiago Carillion: Alright, well thank you again for performing, and we will see you in Todlichebujoku in a couple of weeks! See you!
The audience whoops for Frida Grover as she hugs Santiago and Evangeline before walking off the stage. Santiago and Evangeline turn around and is greeted by a camera in which they will talk in to.
Evangeline Hope: Right, welcome to the Second Semi Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018, and after last week's great show, I am looking forward to the show this week.

Santiago Carillion: I absolutely loved it last week, and I too am looking forward to this week. Similarly to last week, the Semi Finals will compromise of the Britonisea voting 50%, and Internationals voting 50%, with the Britonish votes being split in half by televote and jury.

Evangeline Hope: Yes, and the same as last week, two will go straight through to the final, joining Dean Boyst, Petre Lemetre and Kelsey Banques in the final.

Santiago Carillion: Well, I think it's finally time to open the lines, and so....THE LINES ARE OPEN!
The audience cheered as a camera swooped across the audience showing their excitement. A large "VOTE NOW" sign showed up on the screens around the arena, and balloons were released in to the air, like last week.

Evangeline Hope: You can vote via the Mehlodhivestoile 2018 app, or you can vote by calling 0141 2340 22 and the number of your favourite act. If you want to vote for David Kiser for example, just add 07 to your number, and it will therefore be 0141 2340 2207. Calls cost 15p but that might vary based on your provider. Also, let me reiterate, on the app, you can only vote for your favourite act when they are performing. The popularity of that act will be reflected in the number at the bottom left of your screen. The lighter the number, the more votes it's getting. For app users, after the last act performs, you will be able to vote again. If you're calling, you can vote all throughout.

Santiago Carillion: Okay, so first up is Lenora Delora, and she will be singing her song, "Talk To Me"! Here it is, song #1.
Last edited by Britonisea on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018: Semi Final 2: The Songs

Postby Britonisea » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:30 pm

THE SONGS

PLAYLIST: Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018: Semi Final 2: Alshkan

Listen to each of the songs below and then order them from your favourite to least favourite. The voting instructions are right here

LENORA DELORA - "TALK TO ME"
Taya - Deeper

I can't tell what you’re thinking,
Did you know you are unreadable.
I am not the best mind reader,
You keep all of your pain locked up inside.

Open up to me, talk to me.
Open up to me, talk to me.
I can't read your mind, talk to me.
Open up to me, talk to me - talk to me.

MATHIAS BEXLEY-DURAND - "HURT YOU"
Joseph J Jones - Gospel Truth

I know I’m only half the old me,
But times move on, you have to get used to it.
I do wish this never happened,
I wish that I could turn back time.

I know you tried to stop me,
But I had my own conscious.
I thank you, but I must move on.
I’m sorry that I have hurt you,
But I am flying the nest, before I hurt you again.
Hurt you again...

KAYLEY - "JUNTERÄPTEN" (Junterapten)
Margaret - In My Cabana

Jelodre uiest engnon
Subtue vhe luz Junteräpten - oh na na
Reminite aveçieme eis
Enocteh sheepte et - Luz Junteräpten

Jelodre uiest engnon - enocteh!
Subtue vhe luz Junteräpten - oh na na
Reminite aveçieme eis - on Junteräpten
Enocteh sheepte et - Junteräpten!

Let us go party,
Under the Junteräpten lights - oh na na
Stay here with me,
Tonight, you follow me.
Junteräpten Lights

Let us go party tonight.
Under the Junteräpten lights - oh na na
Stay here with me - in Junteräpten
Tonight, you follow me in Junteräpten!

TARON WOODS - "CY ECOUTO TEUTEN VOKSE" (I Can Hear Your Voice)
Nassi - Reves De Gamin

Is that you who’s calling for me?
Your voice is all I hear at night,
Whispering something in my ear,
But I cannot figure out why.

Is there something you’re tryna say,
Are you warning me of something
Speak louder, raise your voice
Don’t be scared to disappoint me.

LUCIE LOU - "TAKE MY BODY"
Britney Spears ft G-Eazy - Make Me

When I look at you, I sweat
Something jumps inside of me,
I think my heart skips a beat.

When I’m behind you, I’m dead
From the emotions (emotions).
You take my bo-oo-oo-dy.
You take my bo-oo-oo-dy.
Make me scream!

URBAIN - "DAYDREAM"
PRETTY MUCH - No More

Eh eh eh I see you walking,
Eh eh eh I see you looking,
Eh eh eh I took that moment,
Now I know that I’m on your mind…

Everytime that you close your eyes and day dream,
I am the one in your thoughts; you think about me.
Can’t say that I ain’t flattered, this is how it should be.
(Daydream, Daydream, Daydream some more)

DAVID KISER - "THE HOUR"
Christophe Mae - Il est où le bonheur

Do you hear the voices call? They are all sending warnings.
They’re telling us we don’t have long, until we do join them.
They all preach our voices will be silenced, exactly like there’s has.
Oh God, I can see the sun touch the horizon; the future is here.

So the hour has come, it’s arrived - it is time.
The future’s unwrapped, we should brace - for our lives.
This won’t end well, we both know that - we both know.
I’d be shocked if after today, we’re alive.

LIAM JISHAK - "FAUTEUR DE TROUBLES" (Troublemakers)
Prince Damien - Glucksmoment

Je sais pourquoi tu es ici
Tu me fais sentir coupable
Alors peut-etre que tu es
Un fauteur de troubles aussi.

I’ve got rid of my old life I didn’t want to live,
And so from now on, I just look forwards.
Never again do I want to be held culpable,
Je ne suis plus un fauteur de troubles.

I know why you are here,
You make me feel guilty,
So maybe, you're a troublemaker too.

I’ve got rid of my old life I didn’t want to live,
And so from now on, I just look forwards.
I am no longer a troublemaker.

The audience cheered loudly as the last performance ended and the hosts came in to view again. Santiago Carillion and Evangeline waited as the audience died down.

HOW TO VOTE
Below, you can find out the details of how you vote;

There are 8 (eight) songs competing in this Semi Final. 
In order to vote for your favourite song, you have to give them the top mark of 10 (ten) points, while your second favourite gets 8 (eight) points.
Below, you can find out all the information and a code to make it easy for you to vote.

QUICK INFORMATION
A user is allowed to vote up to 2 (two) times, but the same nation cannot vote twice in one Semi Final.
There is no restriction on how many points you can give one act per user.

SCORING SYSTEM
10 - Favourite entry of the eight.
8 - Second favourite entry of the eight.
6 - Third favourite entry of the eight.
5 - Fourth favourite entry of the eight.
4 - Fifth favourite entry of the eight.
3 - Sixth favourite entry of the eight.
2 - Seventh favourite entry of the eight.
0 - Least favourite entry of the eight.

Post your results on this thread in a reply.

Code: Select all
SEMI FINAL VOTING.

[b]Nation Name:[/b]

10-
8-
6-
5-
4-
3-
2-
0-
Last edited by Britonisea on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:44 am

SEMI FINAL VOTING.

Nation Name: Togonistan

10- KAYLEY - "JUNTERÄPTEN"
8- LIAM JISHAK - "FAUTEUR DE TROUBLES"
6- MATHIAS BEXLEY-DURAND - "HURT YOU"
5- DAVID KISER - "THE HOUR"
4- URBAIN - "DAYDREAM"
3- TARON WOODS - "CY ECOUTO TEUTEN VOKSE"
2- LUCIE LOU - "TAKE MY BODY"
0- LENORA DELORA - "TALK TO ME"
Last edited by Togonistan on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Besen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Besen » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:02 am

SEMI FINAL VOTING.

Nation Name: Besen

10- LENORA DELORA - "TALK TO ME"
8- KAYLEY - "JUNTERÄPTEN" (Junterapten)
6- LIAM JISHAK - "FAUTEUR DE TROUBLES" (Troublemakers)
5- URBAIN - "DAYDREAM"
4- LUCIE LOU - "TAKE MY BODY"
3- DAVID KISER - "THE HOUR"
2- TARON WOODS - "CY ECOUTO TEUTEN VOKSE" (I Can Hear Your Voice)
0- MATHIAS BEXLEY-DURAND - "HURT YOU"

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:10 am

SEMI FINAL VOTING.

Nation Name: Normandy and Picardy

10- David Kiser - The Hour
8- Taron Woods - Cy Ecouto Teuten Vokse
6- Liam Jishak - Fauteur de Troubles
5- Mathias Bexley-Durand - Hurt You
4- Kayley - Junterapten
3- Lenora Delora - Talk To Me
2- Lucie Lou - Take My Body
0- Urbain - Daydream
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015

Postby Darkmania » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:25 pm

SEMI FINAL 2 VOTING.

Nation Name: Darkmania

10- 08.LIAM JISHAK - "FAUTEUR DE TROUBLES" (Troublemakers)
8- 03. KAYLEY - "JUNTERÄPTEN" (Junterapten)
6- 07. DAVID KISER - "THE HOUR"
5- 04. TARON WOODS - "CY ECOUTO TEUTEN VOKSE" (I Can Hear Your Voice)
4- 01. LENORA DELORA - "TALK TO ME"
3- 02. MATHIAS BEXLEY-DURAND - "HURT YOU"
2- 05. LUCIE LOU - "TAKE MY BODY"
0- 06. URBAIN - "DAYDREAM"
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:25 am

SEMI FINAL VOTING.

Nation Name:

10-TARON WOODS - "CY ECOUTO TEUTEN VOKSE" (I Can Hear Your Voice)
8-KAYLEY - "JUNTERÄPTEN" (Junterapten)
6-DAVID KISER - "THE HOUR"
5-MATHIAS BEXLEY-DURAND - "HURT YOU"
4-LIAM JISHAK - "FAUTEUR DE TROUBLES" (Troublemakers)
3-LENORA DELORA - "TALK TO ME"
2-URBAIN - "DAYDREAM"
0-LUCIE LOU - "TAKE MY BODY"
THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF IZMEDU
WorldVision Song Contest - World Hit Festival

Nightom
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Nightom votes!

Postby Nightom » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:12 pm

SEMI FINAL VOTING.