NATION

PASSWORD

Technocrat-General Elections! (OPEN)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The Raven Technocracy
Secretary

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Technocrat-General Elections! (OPEN)

Postby The Raven Technocracy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:21 am

The time has come for the second election in the history of the Technate!
Technocrat-General Dr. James Abrasax is running for another ten-year term and pledges to continue the good work he started in the first term, citing the massive technological advances which have occurred, and the successful handling of an outbreak of Drakul with minimal casualties. He also cites the 300% increase in college graduation rates since the Technate was formed, as well as pointing out that now only .5% of the population live at or below the poverty line, and pledges to initiate new government programs to help out the poor, sick, and disadvantaged. James Abrasax is a Mercerist, and has a doctorate in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and degrees in biology, AI programming, sociology, and psychology.

His chief opponent, Dr. Valerie Foster, is a more politically inclined candidate, who supports changing the economic modal of the Technate from a regulated capitalist model to a command economy, claiming “The people of the Technate waste money on their luxuries and frivolities, which could be better spent helping the poor, and funding foreign aid. Thus, our current economic system shall be swept away and replaced.” She supports universal healthcare and universal basic income as well. Abrasax has countered her healthcare proposal by citing that the Followers, who already offer free healthcare, are all over the Technate. Valerie Foster is an atheist, and has a doctorate of sociology and degrees in economic theory, psychology, and liberal studies.

Support:
Dr. James Abrasax:
65% of the population.
He has the most support on Arkoss and most of Corixis.

Dr. Valerie Foster:
35% of the population
She has the most support on the agricultural world of Vatux, and the continent of Ravka on Corixis.

Foreign entities, corporations, celebrities, etc, may announce their support and make campaign contributions or otherwise show their support of a particular candidate in any way they deem appropriate, which does not involve violence.
Name: The Raven Technate
Technocratic-Director James Abrasax
Q&A
Feel free to TG me! I'm quite friendly, and I especially love feedback on my factbooks, questions, or just general comments about my nation.
News:Technate expanding into new star systems, begins terraformation/colonization of barren worlds.

Factbooks updated with new and terrifying toys for the Technocratic Guard. Fungal Zombies, lightning swords, and much much more!

Return to NationStates