NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] "On Abortion" Repeal

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Nobodyville
Secretary

Founded: Feb 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] "On Abortion" Repeal

Postby Nobodyville » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:38 pm

A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights
Strength: STRONG
Proposed by: Nobodyville

Description: The World Assembly,

ASSERTING that it is the duty to protect the health of living persons;

THEREFORE

1) On Abortion https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=4524923#p4524923 is Hereby repealed
Last edited by Nobodyville on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:46 pm

You cannot introduce legislation (or definitions) in a repeal.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

San Hieronymi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby San Hieronymi » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:47 pm

((OOC: I very much doubt this has any chance of passing in this state. You need to go through the resolution you want to repeal and find arguments against each of their points and present them clearly, as a piece of legislation. Have a look at successful repeals and see what they've done. Also be aware that if repealed it open the floor to a new pro-abortion resolution that requires even more cooperation in abortion, so be careful you don't open Pandora's' box. You will also need to accommodate non-human sapients if you want the proposal to have any chance of passing))
Last edited by San Hieronymi on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Main area of work is in the WA General Assembly. Don't take my criticism personally, I don't like to see less than perfect proposals go to the floor so I have high standards.

Main Interests: Medical Resolutions and Moral Decency Resolutions.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:48 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:You cannot introduce legislation (or definitions) in a repeal.

Now, where have I seen those definitions before?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:49 pm

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Nobodyville
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobodyville » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:51 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:You cannot introduce legislation (or definitions) in a repeal.

It is not illegal. The definitions are the basis for why it should be repealed. That is different than contradicting a current resolution in legislation.

San Hieronymi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby San Hieronymi » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:54 pm

Nobodyville wrote:

It is not illegal. The definitions are the basis for why it should be repealed. That is different than contradicting a current resolution in legislation.

((OOC: Saying resolved and then defining is counted as fresh legislation something a repeal cannot do. You can make arguments but not define anything or impose any change (other than removing that piece of legislation)))
My Main area of work is in the WA General Assembly. Don't take my criticism personally, I don't like to see less than perfect proposals go to the floor so I have high standards.

Nobodyville
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobodyville » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:56 pm

I defy anyone to give me a good reason why we should keep the law in question.

1) With so much science and embryology now a days, you can no longer claim that a fetus is not biologically human

2) and philosophical you cannot claim that some persons are not equally a person in rights without also arguing for salver and genocide (which does the same thing)

Entronium
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Entronium » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:02 pm

Nobodyville wrote:I defy anyone to give me a good reason why we should keep the law in question.

1) With so much science and embryology now a days, you can no longer claim that a fetus is not biologically human

2) and philosophical you cannot claim that some persons are not equally a person in rights without also arguing for salver and genocide (which does the same thing)

Soo your basicly saying that even if someone cant surpport the child, thus the child has a bad life , your saying its not right for the Woman giving birth to the child to abort it before its even alive?

Isn't that taking away a right from women?

((OOC. Sorry Im just trying to see if this was what you were implying ))
Last edited by Entronium on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

San Hieronymi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby San Hieronymi » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:07 pm

Nobodyville wrote:I defy anyone to give me a good reason why we should keep the law in question.

((OOC: Well one decent reason is that once its gone they could try to impose abortion for any reason on us. If we are to repeal we need to lay certain foundations to prevent such a forced relaxation of the law. The pro-abortion wing will not take such a challenge lying down and could make things worse.))

Nobodyville
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobodyville » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:20 pm

Entronium wrote:

Soo your basicly saying that even if someone cant surpport the child, thus the child has a bad life , your saying its not right for the Woman giving birth to the child to abort it before its even alive?

1) stray man alert

2) "even if someone cant support the child"

One word........adoption

3) "Your saying its not right for the Woman giving birth to the child to abort it"

No.......No woman has the right to kill another human being.......PERIOD!"
Last edited by Nobodyville on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Entronium
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Entronium » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:29 pm

Nobodyville wrote:
Entronium wrote:

1) stray man alert

One word........adoption

3) "Your saying its not right for the Woman giving birth to the child to abort it"

How about not have a child in the first place?

Nobodyville
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobodyville » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Entronium wrote:
Nobodyville wrote:
1) stray man alert

One word........adoption

How about not have a child in the first place?

......or that......but once you conceive a child, you cannot then turn around a kill a human child.

It is that simple.

The Unfounded
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2004

Postby The Unfounded » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:39 pm

Nobodyville wrote:
Entronium wrote:

1) stray man alert

One word........adoption

“Not a solution. That’d be no different than telling the woman to just let the rapist finish. It’s ‘just an inconvenience’ after all!”

“Guess that’s just for the menfolk huh? Even in her own self-defense she should just take it, hmm?”
Godulan Puppet 1
The Servants of the True Way of the Will: A multi-galactic anti-technology crusade that plies the stars in vessels shaped with the power of their own minds. To give up your material devices and trinkets is to learn how to access the true power that all can wield.

A 1.09 civilization, according to this Nation Index Thingie
All NS stats are non-canon with this nation.

Nobodyville
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobodyville » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:42 pm

“Not a solution. That’d be no different than telling the woman to just let the rapist finish. It’s ‘just an inconvenience’ after all!”

Maybe, but yours is not an argument for the killing of children

Nobodyville
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobodyville » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:42 pm

“Guess that’s just for the menfolk huh? Even in her own self-defense she should just take it, hmm?”

Still not a valid argument for killing children

United Tribes of Pacifica
Civilian

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United Tribes of Pacifica » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:43 pm

All mammalian births are risky, especially for humans. IMO the mothers life takes primacy over that of the fetus per biological hierarchy, unless she indicates to her medical provider otherwise (Forfeits her primacy for the sake of the fetus/child), therefore I think it's always the mothers right to determine if she want's to carry the pregnancy through to birth or not. I would argue in favor of abortion availability from the viewpoint of biology and safety of the mothers life being paramount.
Last edited by United Tribes of Pacifica on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:46 pm

Nobodyville wrote:......or that......but once you conceive a child, you cannot then turn around a kill a human child.

It is that simple.

OOC: So rather you'd enslave the woman to carry to term a pregnancy they don't want, even if they used all precautions to avoid getting pregnant in the first place?
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Nobodyville
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobodyville » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:46 pm

So let me ask you unfounded.............are you arguing the issue of rape because you agree that abortions outside of rape are wrong.........or are you using the minuscule case of rape to argue for abortion in general?

Nobodyville
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobodyville » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:47 pm

United Tribes of Pacifica wrote:All mammalian births are risky, especially for humans. IMO the mothers life takes primacy over that of the fetus per biological hierarchy, unless she indicates to her medical provider otherwise, therefore I think it's always the mothers right to determine if she want's to carry the pregnancy through to birth or not. I would argue in favor of abortion availability from the viewpoint of biology and safety of the mothers life being paramount.

So a mother should be allowed to kill her bratty toddler via biological hierarchy?

The Unfounded
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2004

Postby The Unfounded » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:47 pm

Nobodyville wrote:

“It’s a valid argument for killing others who seek to use your body without your consent. If the only way to rectify the situation involves killing another, it is unfortunate, but no reason to deny one the right to defend themselves.”
Godulan Puppet 1
The Servants of the True Way of the Will: A multi-galactic anti-technology crusade that plies the stars in vessels shaped with the power of their own minds. To give up your material devices and trinkets is to learn how to access the true power that all can wield.

A 1.09 civilization, according to this Nation Index Thingie
All NS stats are non-canon with this nation.

Nobodyville
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobodyville » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Nobodyville wrote:......or that......but once you conceive a child, you cannot then turn around a kill a human child.

It is that simple.

OOC: So rather you'd enslave the woman to carry to term a pregnancy they don't want, even if they used all precautions to avoid getting pregnant in the first place?

She should have thought of that before having sex.

A woman cannot complain that a pregnancy is "enslaving" her when it was her action of having sex that caused a conception

Nobodyville
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobodyville » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:49 pm

The Unfounded wrote:
Nobodyville wrote:

“It’s a valid argument for killing others who seek to use your body without your consent. If the only way to rectify the situation involves killing another, it is unfortunate, but no reason to deny one the right to defend themselves.”

EXCEPT its NOT her body.......The HUMAN baby has a unique DNA that is distinguishable from that of the mother.

Try again

Arotania
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arotania » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:50 pm

1) Tumours are biologically human. So what is this supposed to imply?

2) You are playing fast and loose with definitions. When does personhood start in your eyes? By what resolution is your position on the beginning of personhood supported? What unforseen effects would it have to put the beginning of personhood before birth?

Also this has been done time and time again. A proposal of this quality with this topic doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell. Endless discussions won't change this even for a tiny bit.

Nobodyville wrote:She should have thought of that before having sex.

A woman cannot complain that a pregnancy is "enslaving" her when it was her action of having sex that caused a conception

What a charming display of blatant misogyny. This will surely win the hearts and minds of potential voters.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:51 pm

United Tribes of Pacifica wrote:All mammalian births are risky, especially for humans. IMO the mothers life takes primacy over that of the fetus per biological hierarchy, unless she indicates to her medical provider otherwise, therefore I think it's always the mothers right to determine if she want's to carry the pregnancy through to birth or not. I would argue in favor of abortion availability from the viewpoint of biology and safety of the mothers life being paramount.

OOC: Also ^that, because pregnancy alone, not to mention the process of giving birth, are dangerous to the female in question.

Nobodyville wrote:So a mother should be allowed to kill her bratty toddler via biological hierarchy?

OOC still: It's not a toddler. It's not even a child yet. It's a fetus. Get your terminology right.

Nobodyville wrote:She should have thought of that before having sex.

OOC yet again: Consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy, or have you never heard of condoms?

Nobodyville wrote:EXCEPT its NOT her body.......The HUMAN baby has a unique DNA that is distinguishable from that of the mother.

Try again

OOC: You try again, as long as the fetus depends on the mother's body to sustain itself and grow, it's up to the mother if she wants to let it feed off of her.

Also, don't post many times in a row. Edit replies into one post.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly