NATION

PASSWORD

Why does time on activity page not match region/nation pages

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Why does time on activity page not match region/nation pages

Postby Topid » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:31 pm

Obviously the game doesn't know that's going to happen in 110 minutes. It actually happened about 10 minutes before this screenshot was taken and I moved the time on my computer just to check if why I was so confused at tonight's update was what I thought. And it is. So, it turns out if you're watching a region page/nation page the "time ago" is calculated server time minus time stamp. But the activity page is your computer time minus time stamp. Why are those treated differently?
AKA Weed

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Because the new system, where you can click a timestamp and have it translated into your local timezone, hasn't rolled out across all pages yet.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:02 pm

So just to clarify when that system does roll out, if I regularly use a computer whose clock is off by 7 minutes (and has to stay that way unfortunately) then the "times ago" will never show correctly across the whole site?
AKA Weed

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:11 am

No, but an incorrect system clock may cause inaccuracy if the timestamp auto-updates after a while (e.g. changes from "1 minute ago" to "2 minutes ago") or if you click it to change its format.

Return to Technical