NATION

PASSWORD

Where did you graduate from?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Now that you mention it, I have never graduated from anywhere in my life. I dropped out of high school, then wound up getting a university scholarship a few years later, did about a year of university and then got snapped up by an employer and offered a job in Parliament.

To be honest I've never felt formal education was a place for smart people...

Neu Leonstein
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Neu Leonstein » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Pope Joan wrote:I hear that Mick Jagger is a graduate of the London School of Economics. Does he ever drop by for old grads day?

Sadly not while I was there... closest I saw to an old celeb alum dropping in was *gasp* George Soros. Gave a good talk too. But then, I would say that, globalist shill that I am.
“Every age and generation must be as free to act for itself in all cases as the age and generations which preceded it. The vanity and presumption of governing beyond the grave is the most ridiculous and insolent of all tyrannies. Man has no property in man; neither has any generation a property in the generations which are to follow.”
~ Thomas Paine

Economic Left/Right: 2.25 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
Time zone: GMT+10 (Melbourne), working full time.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:13 pm

Radiatia wrote:To be honest I've never felt formal education was a place for smart people...

Meh. I have known smart people inside formal education and out, but I have mainly seen real instances of genius in Universities, had the privilege of working with some of them on various projects.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Chadlai
Attaché

Founded: Sep 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Chadlai » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:16 pm

Pope Joan wrote:
Chadlai wrote:High School:
i'll never tell lolololol

Just college in general:
The Ohio State University

My wife is a Penn State grad, doctorate.

Just a fair warning.

39-38
this nation is inactive. also a lot of my old non-nspb forum posts are cringe.

It doesn’t matter your gender, race, or sexual orientation, people are people. We are all people and should all accept each other.

Usually, my nation's choices do not resemble my political views.
In real life, I'm a libertarian/somewhat conservative boi (lmao how much this has changed. I moved WAAAAY to the LEFT lollll) from the great state of Ohio. Again, the choices of my nation do not entirely resemble my political views, but I should add that I wasn't trying to take a super ultra realistic approach when I wrote my factbook.

The Windmilluminati
Civilian

Founded: Jan 30, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Windmilluminati » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:19 pm

Secondary school: Riga State Gymnasium No. 1
University: currently in Southampton Solent University studying Computer Games (Software Development)

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:26 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Telconi wrote:
I've gone back and grabbed a GED. And I have some technical certifications. But yeah, formal schooling for me ended before I finished high school.

I'd eventually like to hit a University and go further, but that isn't in the cards right now, if ever.

A GED is definitely solid. I imagine you're too busy with work and whatnot to go further? I hear that a ton from people, and it's extremely valid, because going back for classes conceivably can take a ton of time.

I'm married and a parent. I work 60 hour weeks and am the primary income for my family. I can't afford to go to school for at least a few more years at the earliest.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:45 pm

This thread doesn't belong on General. Or anywhere, really.

iLock.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General